The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 25, 2020, 13:29:59

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15
176  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Try to decipher this easy code on: September 18, 2008, 10:21:18
Steel Hawk,

Correctyou have a talent.

Try this one, it is not hard

Mdiic Nezg um Emdhec Bocmi wyhol whuirt eddilbdurk dy tisubnih dnum cuddci iema syti pa Ecer LsTyokecc
177  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / The reality of perception on: September 17, 2008, 14:39:38
http://www.expandyourmind.com/philosophy/

REALITY:

Each of us perceives the world through our own unique senses, or filters. Images, colors, textures, scents, and emotions are all unique to our own interpretation. As a consequence to this uniqueness, however, it is impossible to compare our own perceptions to others, as there is no medium to weigh the relative discernment.

For example, how can you be sure that what one person sees as red is the same hue values that another sees as red. Even if both people are looking at the same red fire engine, the hue may be interpreted differently. A fire engine is only a single color, in reality, even though it may be perceived to vary in color from person to person. What you perceive as red might be blue to another but it does not matter, if your red and his blue are learned as red as a child

When do you know that a dream is a dream? -- When you wake up from it, right? But right up until that point, you have no way of knowing that you are in a dream state. It’s the relative reality of "consciousness" that makes one conclude that they have just experienced a dream.

How do we know that what we perceive as human beings is an accurate representation of what really exists at all? Since certain animals have more acute hearing, sight, and touch than the human being, our limited perception restricts our ability to decode what is real. This makes it very difficult for us to decipher what is reality and what is not. The only thing we can be sure of is how we define our own reality.

Reality is "the state or quality of being real; actual being or existence of anything, in distinction from mere appearance; fact."  Therefore, reality is the actual state of an object or event, irrespective of the perceiver’s subjective interpretations
178  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / This is my perception of what heaven is truly like on: September 17, 2008, 13:04:31
Heaven is just one of countless dimensions, it is the door way to countless challenges, ceaseless learning
 It is the first realm of the afterlife The reason so many who have had NDE come back with different descriptions of heaven is that one is eased into heaven with familiar surroundings than that of physical life.
That is why we hear of people in cloths or clothes and little cottages beside a river.

But the soul must move on to higher reality into harmonious vibrations of great intensity and joy. We become able to comprehend much of the Divine Mind as we progress through great realms of pure thought and love. We interact with all other sentient life, both physical and spiritual.

Souls interact when their vibratory intensities harmonize and merge into immense beautiful madalas of colors unknown in the physical realities it is really birds of a feather flock together in the afterlife. So the bleak and dark will congregate with those of their own kind. Graduations from these heavens is necessary just as graduations from the highest heavens continue forever,

God never ceased to create he is the ceaseless creator reaching out with us toward infinity

There is no end to this great journey, we interact with all existence, merge, and submerge in infinite love and joy.

We approach the infinite light that pervades all of existence this great mind that sustains everything. We become co creators with god all souls first in our universe and then in billions of others.

Heaven is not a place of rest because no one there gets tired. It is a new lease on life. But you can rest if you like, nothing is forbidden in heaven, if it were heaven would not be heaven

All thought and minds are open and communication is mind to mind or telepathy. Thus dark minds must keep to their own until new light enters their souls and they are able to merge with higher souls in the everlasting progress of life

There is a never ceasing experience for evolved souls of merging with the light God. It is like having your body explode in a pleasant way and becoming a million different atoms. Each atom can think its own thoughts and have its own feelings. You feel all at once what it feels like to be everything and everybody

The mind expands outward to encompass the universe until it embraces all of existence becoming all in all with God. All knowledge is known.

Heaven is a place of imagination. Heaven is exactly what our imagination needs it to be.

In heaven, where all people really love each other, there are no inhibitions, or need for them. Everyone does exactly as they please; which works out well because only the best in each person survives, and good is all anyone ever wants to do. This allows a freedom and happiness that people on earth cannot imagine. Of course, there is no sin or evil in heaven

People don't go to heaven because of their good deeds. It's what you are that counts.

Each soul has a "job" to do, a position to fill in the greater scheme of things. All souls grow and continue to learn in heaven.
After death, each soul has to rise as best it can through a hierarchy of heavens and face the increasingly difficult challenges posed by God of each level or dimension of heaven.

We continue to progress towards the infinite.

Things in heaven do not age, don't get dirty, don't wear out, and do not get tired.  Everything is kept pure by God.

Our deceased pets appear in heaven the way we remember them, only younger and more vital. We can communicate with them telepathically. They also have dwelling places of their own

I use the term heaven in the singular as well as the infinite plural. Heaven embraces everything, because heaven is GOD

Alan McDougall
29/4/2007
179  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Try to decipher this easy code on: September 17, 2008, 12:09:49
Hi people,

Decipher this easy code. If you can we can try a more difficult problem

Can you decipher the following quotes by Winston Churchill?

D srolwlfldq qhhgv wkh delolwb wr iruhwhoo zkdw lv jrlqj wr kdsshq wrpruurz, qhaw zhhn, qhaw prqwk, dqg qhaw bhdu. Dqg wr kdyh wkh delolwb diwhuzdugv wr hasodlq zkb lw glgq'w kdsshq.

D sulvrqhu ri zdu lv d pdq zkr wulhv wr nloo brx dqg idlov, dqg wkhq dvnv brx qrw wr nloo klp.

Answer.............................?
180  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: The impossible concept of infinity on: September 17, 2008, 08:55:36
Cleric

Very interesting a know about Zeno's paradox , a frog had to jump a ten yard divide he first jumps half way so  he is then at 5 yards then at 2.5 yards then at 1.25 yards. The paradox is that given an eternity he is always moving forward so he must reach the end, but he cant because he can only jump half the remaining distances etc.

But size is relative, who knows the minutest subatomic particle might contain whole universe. Maybe the singularity that created out universe which scientist say was non dimensional. Maybe even at this level of the infinitely minute one could continue downward forever, billions and billions of ever smaller universes.

And likewise so on the macro universes into greater superuniverses , upward forever. Why should we not think infinitely small and who should we not think infinitely big?
181  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Problems I have with Muslem and Christian heavens such as endless bliss on: September 17, 2008, 08:14:35
AmbientSound

Why do we die, and why do we live? Experience is something you get just after you need it. Perhaps everyone's reasons are different. Or maybe they are all the same- who but God and a handful of psychics know for sure

Why do we die? This is the ultimate question is it not? The eat or be eaten reality we experience on earth does not seem to equate to a loving creator. Surely God could have found a better way of re-energizing our bodies without slaughtering animals etc etc,

I have long thought about this vexing enigma , and approached it with deep prayer.

You would be surprised with the answer I got after 40 years praying about it.

We were/are not meant to die, DEATH is the enemy that Jesus came to put under his authority. 1 Corr, 15

Something went wrong long before the earth was created, darkness invaded the LIGHT.

IT IS NOT GODS WILL THAT ANY SHOULD DIE

Alan
182  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: Problems I have with Muslem and Christian heavens such as endless bliss on: September 15, 2008, 18:31:16
Thank you David

That was a very comprehensive reply and I will give some thought before responding in full,

The so called "Heaven " I suggested was tongue in cheek and I do not think heaven is like this at all.

I worded it that way to get responses.

I am a Christian David . Heaven is a place of endless learning a place of glorious challenges a huge universe God has prepared for us to explore and understand, a place where we will become co- creators with God and our Lord Jesus Christ. And much much more.

I know you are also a Christian of deep conviction, and as for me I have decided not to compromise my belief in Christ just to avoid hurting to sensitives of those who do not share my convictions

Alan
183  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: What is it like to die? by Dr Atwater on: September 14, 2008, 07:36:23
Perhaps we can only access parts of people. A vibration/frequency requires two extremities, two absolute states between which it oscillates. Perhaps one is able to access only those parts of people which fall into their range. It makes sense to me.

Do you think one can perceive anything outside of their extremities? Does what they perceive become the new extremity for them, taking place of the one before it?

This vibratory frequency is experienced here in the physical dimension as well. Have you never heard someone say "We hit it off  the moment we met" or "I disliked that person the moment I set eyes on him/her"

There is a privacy bubble around everyone and if you don't know them well you can come into that private zoneand make both of you very unwelcome.

In our cars this bubble expands to embrace the whole car and some space outside it. Thus the hostilities we so often come across when driving on public roads (unfortunately)

Alan
184  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: What is it like to die? by Dr Atwater on: September 14, 2008, 00:59:26
As an Engineer in the power supply industry I could use a good analogy to frequency vibrations of the souls

The transmission net/grid or system alternates at a specific frequency and to bring a previously dormant generator on line and safely into the system we must do the below:

It must be locked into the greater system or electric grid at the exact same frequency or disaster. I have seen a generator completely disintegrate by some silly operator trying just this. If fact we nearly lost the whole supply to the country.

Why is this important?. Think of attempting to jump from one moving train onto another train moving at a much greater speed than yours, you will be flung off

So maybe souls have vibratory frequencies and we can only access the souls that are at the same frequency as ours

Alan
185  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Re: The impossible concept of infinity on: September 12, 2008, 22:29:33
synergy

Hey you make real sense

This Universe we know, is an image of the above....the creator.  It's an image in the creator's mind.  It was created by contemplation, and so as a result, is OF the ONE (we are all a part of the One).  It was thought, and so it was created, down to every atom.  The Bible also states that we were created in the 'image' of God.  Commonly taken to mean that he created us to look like him... however, 'image' can also be taken to mean the 'image' in his mind.

A great astronomer who looked out at the vastness of the universe through his huge telescope said to himself "What am I really looking at"?  "A great majestic well oiled machine"

After a moment he said to himself again "No this is no machine but "a beautiful thought in the mind of GOD" This is a true story I read some time ago and  I will come back if I can remember who he was
186  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Re: There is only existence absolute unexstence is an impossibilty on: September 12, 2008, 17:57:03
Stooky

For existence to exist, there must be non-existence. They are dependent on each other.

To find an answer in the paradox is missing the point of the exercise.

By simply stating "there must BE" indicated that nonexistence is a something, to "be" or not to "be"

You cannot define existence as by doing that you must give it identity

How can something be depentent on nothing, the viod of outer space is not nothing, neither is a perfect, existence has always been.  But thinking deeply on this can twist ones
187  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / There is only existence absolute unexstence is an impossibilty on: September 12, 2008, 14:59:38
Hi

Wiikk Article

In mathematics, a constructive proof is a method of proof that demonstrates the existence of a mathematical object with certain properties by creating or providing a method for creating such an object. This is in contrast to a nonconstructive proof (also known as an existence proof or pure existence theorem) which proves the existence of a mathematical object with certain properties, but does not provide a means of constructing an example.

Many nonconstructive proofs assume the non-existence of the thing whose existence is required to be proven, and deduce a contradiction.

""The non-existence of the thing has therefore been shown to be logically impossible, and yet an actual example of the thing has not been found"".

Nearly every proof which invokes the axiom of choice is nonconstructive in nature because this axiom is fundamentally nonconstructive. The same can be said for proofs invoking König's lemma.

Constructivism is the philosophy that rejects all but constructive proofs in mathematics. Typically, supporters of this view deny that pure existence can be usefully characterized as "existence" at all: accordingly, a non-constructive proof is instead seen as "refuting the impossibility" of a mathematical object's existence, a strictly weaker statement.

188  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Problems I have with Muslem and Christian heavens such as endless bliss on: September 12, 2008, 14:25:28
Greetings some problems I perceive in an eternal heaven of endless bliss

All the time in the existence and not a moment to call your own

No pain and no gain

No point to the day and nothing different tomorrow

An eternity of gratitude and nothing to live for

Never having to say you’d rather be somewhere else

All you will ever know again

Pointless and endless

It is never over no matter have had how many fat have ladies sung

An offer you can’t refuse

The endless futility at the end of your pointless life

The meaningless reason for your existence

An eternal karaoke in which you never choose the songs

The playground of those devoid of imagination

The place the pious go

Full of all those people you were delighted to think you would never see again

Obligatory, interminable and insufferable

Of course there are the possible alternatives of hell or cessation of existence

I could add many more but lets leave it at that

What do you guys think?

Alan
189  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: What is it like to die? by Dr Atwater on: September 12, 2008, 11:58:04
Synergy

A really good thought provokingl response I will give it some thought and come back with a reply. I agree with all of it , however.

Alan
190  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Re: What is it like to die? by Dr Atwater on: September 11, 2008, 12:53:40
Synery

You said

Vibration just IS. 

At the root of everything is vibration - and that is totally supported by science, and so is the fact that what we perceive as the physical world, is an illusion!  They are starting to glimpse this through science, that space and time even, are also illusion.  All that exists is vibration, frequencies - and even our separateness is an illusion.   When we project, we never actually leave our physical body

I like a lot of what you state

What is vibration, does a soul vibrate, and does a spirit vibrate.

If your answer is energy it is most unsatisfactory as no one really knows what energy is, just what it does

And I also don’t agree with all Dr Atwater ideas on death, it is not a fun thing, it is the most serious thing we will face in our life and not nice at all. I who has been around the block and seen many people and loved ones die. Death is awful believe me

Woody Allen said he really liked the idea of heaven but hated having to die to get there

Alan
191  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / What is it like to die? by Dr Atwater on: September 10, 2008, 14:13:38
As I am not sure where to start this thread I put it here

Greeting forum
Although copyrighted, Dr. Atwater gives permission for this material to be copied – as long as proper credits are given, the books it comes from and her website are mentioned.  Thank you for your courtesy.  PMH

http://www.cinemind.com/atwater/

The following material was excerpted from two of P. M. H. Atwater's books – "Beyond the Light:  The Mysteries and Revelations of Near-Death Experiences" (Avon Books, New York City, 1994), and "We Live Forever:  The Real Truth about Death" (A.R.E. Press, Virginia Beach, VA, 2004).  It is based on first-person commentaries from over 3,000 adult experiencers of near-death states.  To learn more about the near-death research of P. M. H. Atwater, L.H.D. access www.cinemind.com/atwater.

WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DIE
          Any pain to be suffered comes first.  Instinctively you fight to live.
          That is automatic.
          It is inconceivable to the conscious mind that any other reality could possibly exist beside the earth-world of matter bounded by time and space.  We are used to it.  We have been trained since birth to live and thrive in it.  We know ourselves to be ourselves by the external stimuli we receive.  Life tells us who we are and we accept its telling.  That, too, is automatic, and to be expected.
          Your body goes limp.  Your heart stops.  No more air flows in or out.
          You lose sight, feeling, and movement – although the ability to hear goes last.  Identity ceases.  The "you" that you once were becomes only a memory.
          There is no pain at the moment of death.
          Only peaceful silence. . . calm. . . quiet.
          But you still exist.
          It is easy not to breathe.  In fact, it is easier, more comfortable, and infinitely more natural not to breathe than to breathe.  The biggest surprise for most people in dying is to realize that dying does not end life.  Whether darkness or light comes next, or some kind of event, be it positive, negative, or somewhere in-between, expected or unexpected, the biggest surprise of all is to realize you are still you.  You can still think, you can still remember, you can still see, hear, move, reason, wonder, feel, question, and tell jokes – if you wish.
          You are still alive, very much alive.  Actually, you're more alive after death than at any time since you were last born.  Only the way of all this is different; different because you no longer wear a dense body to filter and amplify the various sensations you had once regarded as the only valid indicators of what constitutes life.  You had always been taught one has to wear a body to live.
          If you expect to die when you die you will be disappointed.
          The only thing dying does is help you release, slough off, and discard the "jacket" you once wore (more commonly referred to as a body).
          When you die you lose your body.
          That's all there is to it.
          Nothing else is lost.
          You are not your body.  It is just something you wear for a while, because living in the earth-plane is infinitely more meaningful and more involved if you are encased in its trappings and subject to its rules.
WHAT DEATH IS
          There is a step-up of energy at the moment of death, an increase in speed as if you are suddenly vibrating faster than before.
          Using radio as an analogy, this speed-up is comparable to having lived all your life at a certain radio frequency when all of a sudden someone or something comes along and flips the dial.  That flip shifts you to another, higher wavelength. The original frequency where you once existed is still there.  It did not change. Everything is still just the same as it was.  Only you changed, only you speeded up to allow entry into the next radio frequency on the dial.
          As is true with all radios and radio stations, there can be bleed-overs or distortions of transmission signals due to interference patterns.  These can allow or force frequencies to coexist or commingle for indefinite periods of time.  Normally, most shifts up the dial are fast and efficient; but, occasionally, one can run into interference, perhaps from a strong emotion, a sense of duty, or a need to fulfill a vow, or keep a promise.  This interference could allow coexistence of frequencies for a few seconds, days, or even years (perhaps explaining hauntings); but, sooner or later, eventually, every given vibrational frequency will seek out or be nudged to where it belongs.
          You fit your particular spot on the dial by your speed of vibration.  You cannot coexist forever where you do not belong.
          Who can say how many spots there are on the dial or how many frequencies there are to inhabit.  No one knows.
          You shift frequencies in dying.  You switch over to life on another wave-length.  You are still a spot on the dial but you move up or down a notch or two.
          You don't die when you die.  You shift your consciousness and speed of vibration.
          That's all death is. . . a shift.

192  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Who do you think is the most influential person in history? on: September 09, 2008, 13:07:14
Jesus.

There are many other lists, but they all differ , some placing Newton ahead of Jesus. the only cosistent thing about them is Muhammad , bless his soul is always first.

What does the forum think?

Muhammad
Jesus
Francis Bacon
Socrates
Isaac Newton
Leonardo da Vinci
Nicolaus Copernicus
Albert Einstein
Moses
Louis Pasteur
Nikola Tesla
Martin Luther

Abraham Lincoln
Euclid
Gregor Mendel
Alexander Graham Bell !
Simon Bolivar
Orville and Wilbur Wright
Archimedes

FROM HERE DOWN THE WATERS GET MUDDY

Alan
193  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 08, 2008, 09:31:36
Kuria

(the only stupid question is one not asked.)

Now we are speaking the same language and this is just the person I am, but questions that are never answered are useless

At some point we must bow to logic

Alan
194  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 07, 2008, 04:27:11

CFTraveler 

Kurai, have you ever heard of parallel realities, and the holographic universe? If you look these up your question may be answered.

I suggested just that a few posts back, but in vain, this guy is hard to move out of his comcrete position

Alan
195  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 06, 2008, 18:05:54
I will try to reason with you a little longer as I feel you need a friend

Our past lives are just memories not realities

Regards

Alan
196  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 06, 2008, 09:22:42
If we could really go back in time like you suggest we could kill our own granddaddy, and therefore we would not exist, so e could not  go back and kill our granddaddy.

This is what is called a time paradox.

There is a suggestion by physicist that an alternate universe you exist in a parallel universe and you could go back and kill his granddaddy , but heck Why??
197  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 05, 2008, 10:05:23
The yesterday person you were is gone. Only the one you can  pinch now exists
198  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 03, 2008, 22:31:50
You are only able to effect the future by your action and choices in the moment of NOW We only really exist in the presnt moment. Think about it , the very last moment is gone (the past) you are existing NOW in the present and the future has not come and is yet a dream

Your action in this moment might effect your life in some unknown way and maybe all of humanity

199  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / My method of inducing an OBE on: September 03, 2008, 11:30:30

The mind or soul is definitely separate from the physical brain

"You are one that is aware of the truth of Out of Body phenomenon. I post this exercise for those who should give it a try before trying to debunk something they no nothing about.

The Trigger for inducing an Out Of Body Experience

First lie down in a darkened room in a relaxing position. (Or sit)
   Loosen your clothing and remove all jewelry.

Try to clear your mind and observe what I call eyelid visions
   After a while, you may notice light patterns, peoples, animals colors etc etc

Enter the first phase of sleep but retain awareness

Wait until you begin to feel a vibration, like a swarm of bees

Try to move your body. If you are unable to move you have obtained the vital stage of hypnagogic sleep paralysis

Now you might feel pressure on your body like being squeezed by a great hand and an intense buzzing vibration life a swarm of bees,

You might also sense an etity of some source is next to or a very hightened sexual feeling

Let it happen, do not get afraid, the buzzing vibration might get more intense and louder. You have nothing to be scared about just give in to the coming experience

Imagine rolling out of your bed or flouting up to the ceiling if you like

And then , maybe that very night you might leave your body and find yourself floating below the ceiling looking down on your resting sleeping physical body,

Strange as it might seem you might be are of what your physical body and your retrial body are experience at the same moment

Like any explorer you can explore further and future as you become more of an adept at leaving your body

If unsuccesful try the next night/ I find odly that sleep diprivation helps me induce the experience.

Regards

Alan
200  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Message to humanity on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:54
Kuria,

same could be applied with time correct??

Do you mean when certain circumstances coincide that a calamity might or will happen?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15