The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 02, 2023, 01:45:19

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: After 20 years my OBEs have stopped! on: July 19, 2014, 14:14:27
For me I previously use to exit by simply falling asleep, focussing and then demanding to leave my body (be it upon first falling to asleep or upon wakening in the early hours of the night). However my ability or technique no longer works. Meanwhile I will still have lucid dreams but this has always been a backdrop, and I do not associate this as I would do an a OBE. One is simply through a different lens, and is consciously disconnected compared to my OBEs.

I know you say they are all of one, but irrespective the overall mechanics, context, and content is different. Therefore it's only natural to categorise and prioritise ones experiences. It is an interesting debate regarding categorisation, and the topic is very subjective, but I think as an individual dealing with various experiences its naturally dependent on the self taught learning curve one undertakes (some are less steep and progressive than others). But I do believe its important to place things into context, and naturally the context and content influences those categorisations we are talking about above.

For me OBEs and lucid dreams have always been separate, perhaps this more to do with how I have entered both experiences, and naturally the content that has unfolded between the two.

I will try and work to see if I can aim for convergence between a lucid dream and a consciously controlled projection, but I guess my point is why the mechanics have changed after fairly robust trend of countless experiences. Perhaps this all part of the learning curve and I need to now explore my lucid dreams in a different context.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / After 20 years my OBEs have stopped! on: July 18, 2014, 23:55:25
Guys this is driving me crazy, I had probably about at least 3 or more OBEs per week for many years/decades, and my experiences became very mature and controlled in the latter years, but for some reason they stopped suddenly about 2 years ago.

Since then external factors such as a new position at work (higher workload + stress) and the birth of my twins could be contributing factors  undecided, but nonetheless I feel somewhat depressed loosing what I thought was a unique gift.

Every night at bed I'm thinking about possible OBE experiences but nothing ever avails (mine always happened from sleep). However I still have very detailed lucid dreams (as I did as a child prior to OBEs occurring), but so far it remains as is with nothing more than a lucid dream.

I remember reading a book stating that OBEs can just stop in mid/late adulthood and never return, has anyone ever had this and found some way to re-kickstart the experiences again?

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Uncontrolled exits led by an external entity on: December 18, 2012, 11:11:04
Your right it sort of gets a bit difficult when it comes to trying to articulate words to describe situations such as this, or at least without references leading to assumptions.

For me when exiting despite whatever beliefs I see myself as leaving my physical to occupy a non physical environment. Usually when exiting I will have the typical vibrations and then feel my body or non-physical self rise from my physical body.

However on some occasions there appears to be an external intelligent force assisting with my exit. I have never tried communication with what I would label as this external entity but from the occasions I have had a full physical view of it pulling me from my physical body it always appears to following an agenda of its own (i.e. as if its not aware that I'm aware of its presence).

I have sometimes wondered if this external entity is a part of me but in another context, or I'm accidentally viewing something I shouldn't be viewing/experiencing. Or is there a possibility that some external assistance to us is provided during OBEs to help us leave our bodies.

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Uncontrolled exits led by an external entity on: December 18, 2012, 07:29:36
Does anyone have any experiences during their initial exit from their body of being pulled by some entity in what I would call an uncontrolled or forced exit?

Most of my out of body exits are fairly consistent and follow what I would label the more generic mechanics of a controlled OBE exit.  However on past occasions I have experienced what appears to be an illuminated type entity lifting me out of body during my initial exit and then disappearing. Only on one occasion I had a full clear graphical encounter of this entity which completely frightened me, and I have always thought of it as a negative type force.

These specific type of experiences disappeared for a while, but last week I had an OBE where I felt my body being pulled out in a different manner and as I was rising from my bed (facing downwards towards my bed) I turned my head  and something was attached to my arm pulling me up quite aggressively towards the ceiling.

On occasions where I have experienced these exits it’s only the exit itself that was of concern but once exiting the entity disappeared and my OBE experience carried on as normal.  I have no idea if this is just some fantasy driving element during my OBE or something I should be more cautious of or perhaps the opposite less fearful and more welcoming towards. 
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does anyone notice their wrist watch slows down after an OBE? on: November 27, 2012, 13:26:54
I read that time inaccuracies with quartz watches can occur when a quartz watch is exposed to a strong magnetic field, like MRI and x-ray equipment, the quartz watch speed may be affected, or the watch may even stop. But when removed from the magnetic field time accuracy will return.

I am now wondering if during some OBE’s our nervous system is somehow amplified causing an electrical field (i.e. our Bio-Electromagnetic field is amplified), and basically electrical currents generate a corresponding magnetic field in the surrounding space.

At the weekend I had very strong vibrations prior to exiting my body – my whole chest area felt like it was buzzing. Normally my OBE’s start after I have exited my body or the exit is somewhat quiet and I just float out. I’m now curious if the vibrations prior to exiting could be a measured physical output as opposed to thinking it was more of just a mental process or non physical.

I have two analogue watches so as suggested I will start to experiment and capture any anomalies but unfortunately my OBE’s run like a bus schedule – either several at once or none at all.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Does anyone notice their wrist watch slows down during an OBE? on: November 26, 2012, 19:06:37
No your missing the point my wrist watch physically lost time. I didn't mean looking at my watch during an OBE, or taking note of some time reference during an OBE. Just realised that my subject header is alluding to people thinking I'm talking about time with an OBE.

My watch is an automatic or self winding watch so if you we're to not wear it for a few days it would stop all together (works on movement). On this occasion it was about 6 hours behind. I noticed this as my watch said it was 5:30 when it was actually 11:30 in the morning. However my watch normally keeps accurate time as long as I'm wearing it, and was fine the night before.

All of my OBEs usually happen wakening from sleep at around 3am or later. And on some occasions when I have had an OBE and go to work the next day I will glance at my watch and notice it's out by a few hours or the date is one day behind.

I'm not sure on how true the stories are about how some people can't wear watches due to some supposed magnetic field they generate that affects the time keeping, but for me something weird happens when I have had an OBE and wearing my watch.

I was curious if there was some sort of physical energy element that is generated during an OBE that could affect the mechanics of certain items in close proximity - i.e: like my watch?

I suppose if my watch was always doing this I wouldn't question it, but excluding the OBEs, and obviously when not being worn it's always very accurate.

7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Does anyone notice their wrist watch slows down after an OBE? on: November 25, 2012, 15:37:22
I have an automatic or self-winding watch and I have noticed when wearing my watch time will often slow down by a few hours when I have had an OBE.

The other night I had an OBE at around 3:30am and I had several more but wakening in between each OBE up to 5:40am (I noticed the time as I have a clock next to the side of my bed).  However the next day I realized the time on my watch was about six hours behind.

It's weird despite the watch being an automatic watch when I have not worn it oernight only a few minutes may be lost, but often when wearing it and I have had an OBE the watch will completely slow down by several hours (this does not happen with every OBE). All other occasions the watch is always fine.

Anyone else experience anything similar?

Maybe an OBE can generate some sort of energy interference?
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBEs have ceased - how to reinitialize on: July 20, 2012, 15:47:52
Hello

I have had OBEs probably for a decade or more and for the last 12 months they have appeared to stop. My previous journeys usually resulted from early morning/midnight wakings then dozing off into an exit. I would usually have two to three per week and my journeys were becoming more and more intelligent with control.

But last January they stopped and nothing has happened since. I have read that for some people this is common - to go through a period of having OBEs then the experiences stopping.

I have never learned any type of self induced exit but would I assume this is probably my only option to re-initiate the OBEs?
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE/AP Workshops - are they credible? on: January 19, 2012, 08:16:39
I have had several OBE’s over the years and so far it’s been somewhat a tough self taught journey. However despite reading numerous books I have never been in a face to face group environment learning or sharing experiences. The closest I have been to any collaborative environment on the subject is perhaps here on this forum.

I noticed there are various programmes/workshops at the Monroe Institute and despite some of them being run by well known people in the field I feel somewhat uncertain on the credibility of what can be achieved in such a short space of time verse the cost of the workshops.

I would love to have an opportunity to learn more in a ‘teaching environment’ but has anyone ever attended a workshop such as at the Monroe Institute or maybe other venues and can provide some feedback on their experience?

I live in the UK and I have not seen that many OBE or AP workshops but can anyone advise if any such venues exist in the UK?
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: So when we die...h? on: November 08, 2011, 06:49:28
I often wondered if the purpose of OBE’s were to indirectly prepare you towards death – i.e. to educate and amplify your conscious awareness. For instance anytime I have an OBE, be it ones that happen through dreams or uncontrolled I’m aware that I’m having an OBE, and have developed tests to grasp my awareness within that zone.  I often wonder if I would use those same test approaches if I should die and maybe be shocked in realising that there is no going back.

I don’t have any beliefs that there is some sort of religious or spiritual path we follow, but perhaps wonder if the path is more of an organic mechanical one – more aligned with nature. However I have never made any attempts during my journeys to explore this idea but maybe this is something I should aim to do.

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Saw my wife in OBE? on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:12
My wife doesnt seem to have the ability or perhaps interest in OBEs as I do. However I have often met her in our bedroom during some OBEs. For some reason she sort of acts a but uncontrolled and unresponsive almost as if I'm not there.

One time she was jumping up and down on our bed and I remember standing there and watching her, however she was unresponsive and just kept jumping up and down like a little kid. The next day I asked her if she remembered having a dream where she was jumping up and down, but she didn't.

It would be cool to see if you could validate an experience perhaps there are some couples on here that have done that.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Saw my wife in OBE? on: November 04, 2011, 17:22:45
Ah, that makes it very interesting that you didn't have the normal OOBE sensations of going to sleep or waking up after you saw your wife. I wonder if the dimensions are getting more slippery. I see holographic ghosts/beings/animal totems sometimes when I wake up that last for about 2-5 seconds and I am FULLY awake.

Is that for real? In all the books I have read on the subject I have never come across that account? Perhaps the brains memory or perception is getting cross wired, but surely dimensional slipperiness could do more harm than good.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Saw my wife in OBE? on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:59
I suppose for me I have developed a certain pattern to my OBEs and I have usually met people/entities including occasions my wife (often if I have exited during my sleep and I would sometimes find her in a child like state playing on the bed - odd I know). However on this occasion that I'm recalling in my post my OBE occured in a different format

- It happened almost with no transition from waking to OBE state, completely timeless and smooth
- Also because of the unusual very rapid non transitional state from conscious to non conscious it was odd that I should see my wife standing at the foot of the bed, in fact it was her presence that set the tone or marker or acting as a signature to realise that I was in an OBE where if not I would have probably not questioned what was going on
- However one can't always help in viewing these things as something deep or boding.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Saw my wife in OBE? on: November 01, 2011, 09:08:59
I have had loads of OBE’s in my life time so I’m quite familiar with my whole OBE workflow but last week I had a weird experience which was a first for me.
I went to bed early at around 9:30pm and my wife was downstairs in our living room watching TV. As I lay in bed I must have sensed something and sat up and I saw that my wife was standing at the foot of our bed in her black pyjamas just standing there looking at me blankly (like she was a mannequin). As I sat up I said ‘sweet what are you doing, why are you standing there’, but there was no response.

All of a sudden after completing my sentence I awoke lying in my bed and jolted upwards to see if she was there, but she wasn’t? I guessed I must have dozed off as I lay in bed, and had some mini rapid OBE. Any other occasion I wouldn’t have been bothered to place this much thought into the event, but the fact that I saw my wife standing there wearing black and staring at me has sort of made me think this was some sort of symbolic gesture that I needed to figure out.
The only major incident that took place was the following day we found out that she wasn’t pregnant – we had just completed our first IVF cycle and my wife was waiting to do a pregnancy test that week. However aside from the distress that followed our negative result, to me that wouldn’t tie up as to a reason I saw her. I have never had any family members appear in what I assume was an OBE while they on the other hand were still awake. 

Afterwards I did run downstairs to ask if she had come up stairs and she said no, but had been just watching TV. Oddly despite all my OBE’s I don’t really read them as having any spiritual or symbolic link/bridge to my conscious life and usually see them as separate events to my day to day activities. But I guess because I saw my wife, her presence acted as a bridge between the two which has made me feel a little on edge.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What's your OBE check list routine? on: October 14, 2011, 06:21:27
I suppose with me it's a mixture, I sort of see my trips as studies trying to understand reaction times, real time analysis, and the generated environment being experienced. I guess for me doing snapshot checks every so often keeps me focused, and yes reminding me of the physical.

I think it's extremely important not to separate the two, as they both feed each other (reality and non reality). However all of my OBEs will happen from sleep, while on the other hand I have vivid dreams every night (I mean every night!). So often when I have waken into an OBE need to do a few checks to ensure I have control of my senses, and I do not find that flying instantly is a way of checking them, quite simply as that is what happens in most of my vivid dreams every night.

It's weird but being diabetic (type 1) involves doing checks most of your daily life (i.e. are my sugar levels OK, is it safe to drive a car, have eaten enough, checks while at the gym etc), and I guess for me this has rubbed off into my OBE state but in a beneficial way.

I have discovered through my studies that it is easier to have an OBE with sugar levels less than 4.0 mmol however aside from the danger of a lack of glucose in the blood stream the experience will eventually lack clarity. Any range above 10.0 mmol (too much glucose) usually begins to get distorted but with clarity. A range of 5-8 mmol always works perfect.

So despite still having OBEs I'm fascinated how my physical body with a medical condition can impact my experience by either lengthening, shortening, making it easier to enter, or distorting. So once I have left my body I do some checks be it reality checks but also perhaps more as OBE health checks.

But I'm curious despite my ability to have full control during my OBEs why the host body (i.e. me) can still influence my state and narrative of the experience. Could that just be an OBE disability as I'm diabetic?

16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What's your OBE check list routine? on: October 13, 2011, 16:27:30
Just curious if anyone has checklist routine to validate they are having an OBE?

In my early days I often wondered if I was sleep walking, or being a diabetic if my sugars were low. So I now try to verify what's happening as soon as I sense I'm having an OBE.

I will often clasp my hands together then try and pull them apart to see if my fingers stretch. I will then test maybe putting my hands through a wall, or door and checking my senses while doing this. Finally I will try and state my name verify where I geographically am, and then acknowledge that I'm having an OBE.

Usually there appears to be an internal mechanism that indicates you are having an OBE but none the less when I do checks it starts me off fairly focused and confident based on the level of control I have.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What to think about while attempting to OBE? on: October 13, 2011, 16:14:27
I always concentrate on visualising in detail a local spot/place near me (for instance maybe something on the floor in a bedroom next to me, or a particular point in my garden).

However the actual point it happens (the OBE) seems to get merged into a slight crossover where I loose my sense of awareness - i.e. am I still visualising or am I actually here now, or has this turned a bizarre dream. Either way there is often a triggering point in which my senses awaken and I realise I'm having an OBE (always do my OBE checklist routine to make sure).

However I rarely experience the exit, just arriving at the destination.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Very vague and frightening experience. on: October 03, 2011, 11:27:44
Agree with all of the comments above, funny I have never annalysed or thought of my physical breathing while on a projection. However after exiting my body I have sensed my rhythmic breathing from my physical, but as soon as I exit and move away from my body I can no longer sense my physical breathing.

I have found that when ever I have sensed my breathing it has always been very rhythmic and deep, maybe something like 6-7 seconds breathing in and then 6-7 seconds breathing out.

However aside from that as mebtioned above you can't suffocate during a projection/OBE etc.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: A break away from my usual OBEs on: October 03, 2011, 11:16:20
I was trying to cut the length of the post down but that was only half of the story (first half).

But this was one of my more conscious or focussed experiences. I had problems with my vision initially and for some reason it got blocky and dark around the edges with only a centre core area that was in focus. So I remembered to use 'awareness now' or 'clarity now' to remain focussed and clear headed. My vision started to improve after that.

I can remember the clothing the maid was wearing, and the man for some odd reason in very clear detail and a distinctive feature I can remember was gold coloured round slightly small framed glasses, brown eyes, round face but slightly chubby with a greased back blond thinning hair line.

In the rest of the experience I kept using 'Awareness now' to keep me focussed and to see if it would clear my head of any fantasy driven thoughts. But the story or narrative was just as clear as from the beginning to the end.

The rest of the story panned out where I left the closet and then sat in the room speaking to the women who I found initially on the bed. There were three large dark greyish tabby cats that circled and paced around the room when she was speaking to me. When these cats were moving I was getting freaked out as there eyes seemed locked on me despite their movements so for the first time I tried reciting a mantra to see if it would scare off the cats and ensure I wasn't creating this from my fantasy (My 'awareness now' trick no longer worked!).

However this was the first time I ever remembered to think of trying out a mantra during an experience but low and behold I couldn't remember the words to it, I think I even laughed regretting not doing my homework in the conscious! (it was the Bellilin mantra, not sure if this works or if anyone has used it some comments would be appreciated).

I couldn't figure out who the woman was with these cats in relation to the house. But she did initially tell me to hide in the closet when I was being chased. I sensed she was either testing me or providing me with an opportunity to correct something. But she implied this experience going forward would act as a precedent for further things to follow.

However the cats in the room were not on the same level as her. I do not know if this woman was even aware them or not as they appeared to fairly independent. Strange but I have never seen any animals in any OBEs before.

Bizarrely one of the cats attacked me and pushed me out of the room and over the stair well banister - to which I eventually woke up.
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A break away from my usual OBEs on: October 03, 2011, 09:15:34
This weekend I had a very strange episode that was my most detailed and prolific experience I have had in a very long time. I’m not sure if my experience was an OBE, Lucid Dream, or something else.

The experience started as I was running down a flight of stairs, and upon reaching the bottom step I was standing in a hall (unknown location). Something felt unusual and I suddenly thought if I was having an OBE, as I have not had one in several months.  So to test the waters I decided to do my hand test and I clasped my hands together then tried and pulling them apart to see if my fingers would stretch. As I did this I laughed and sure enough my fingers stretched and melted like a loose rubber band or cooked sticks of spaghetti.

I then decided to turn left and walked into the hall/corridor area which eventually led into a kitchen. As I entered the kitchen I saw a woman who I assume based on her clothing was a maid. She was busy kneading some bread or working on some chore as her hands were moving in a repetitive motion across a table top.  She did not appear to notice me as I stood there watching her, however a few seconds later a tall man suddenly walked around the corner near the bottom end of the kitchen.
He walked in and stood opposite the woman on the other side of the centre work table and appeared to be in a panic stricken state. He was saying to the maid ‘they are going to find where I buried her; they will find the bones’.  He started to cry and then buried his face into arms, as he did this I noticed in his left arm he was holding a brass coloured knife (odd but resembled a cake knife).

The maid was trying to console this man, and calm him down. Then all of a sudden she turned to me and motioned me to exit. As she did this the man suddenly noticed I was there and stepped forward waving the knife with swooping gestures near my face. I suddenly got scarred and turned to run back through the kitchen door and up the flight of stairs I had initially ran down when I awoken during my experience.
As I ran up the stairs I eventually ran onto a landing and saw a door to my right which I opened running into a bedroom. When I ran in to the bedroom there was a single bed to my right with a young woman fast asleep. I ran up to the bed and quickly pulled the covers off the bed to wake her. We then both heard the noise of the man and maid running up the stairs.

This woman in the bedroom motioned me to run over to the cupboard and to hide in there. So I ran to the cupboard on the other side of the room, opened the door and squatted in the centre. As I squatted I could see some grey or beige woollen coats that were hanging above me, and some black boots and shoes taking up some of the floor space. The cupboard was very small (about the square width of the single door that opened into it) but I remained squatted and buried my head between my arms in fear of being caught. I kept saying ‘please make me indivisible so I’m not caught’, and I just kept repeating this. All of sudden the door opened and I looked up and it was the maid, who shouted out ‘she is not in here’, and shut the door behind her.

The experience carried on for a long time but to cut a long story short I think I was a young girl, mainly because of my perspective when I entered the kitchen, the scale of the clothing items while crouching in the closet and the comment by the maid stating ‘she is not in here’. For some other reason I sensed it was perhaps in the 1920’s or 1930’s or could have been a few decades earlier.

I have no idea why I was having a full conscious OBE but this time not in my usual home or surroundings; instead it felt like a detailed snapshot taking place in some other period.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Your view of the astral world. on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:52
I usually find saying 'awareness now' or 'clarity now' usually allows me to focus more clearly. Never has failede yet, so if you can ever remember (that's the hardest part) give it a go.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Your view of the astral world. on: September 23, 2011, 07:50:38
Funny you should mention that because in some of my OBEs I will view myself the "OBE'er" from above, or from the side, but basically viewing myself from a different angle, but never really thought of this as some form of extended vision but more as a separation or split, but could be just a wrap around type vision.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Past, Future Soul travel through OBEs on: September 23, 2011, 07:33:42
Just curious if anyone has made efforts to explore past or future lives in their experiences. Only recently I have just started reading a book called ‘Mending the Past and Healing the future with Soul Retrieval’ by Alberto Villoldo. The book is good, and is making think perhaps in somewhat a different context towards when I’m able to have my next experience.

It’s weird but in all of my previous episodes, they have only ever taken place in what I would call the present time frame, or in what would appear to be a complete non-earthly time frame, either way I have never had an objective to explore my past whilst in an OBE but very interested in the concept.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Your view of the astral world. on: September 23, 2011, 07:17:35
As much as I'm aware of the 360 viewing opportunity I have never yet experienced that, my vision is exactly the same as when conscious in the real time frame.

However I find that despite having vision during my experiences, as an aid it feels secondary to other senses, sort of hard to explain but almost as if vision is only there because I expect it to be there but it's not acting as the primary tool in my decision making, sometimes I will stop my vision to prevent corrupting the experience. But thinking about it perhaps vision is interpreted exactly the same in the physical world - entering the philosophical discussion on semiotics I guess.   

However it would be cool to experience 360 viewing.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Is insomnia a barrier to successful OBE on: August 11, 2011, 16:07:45
I have chronic insomnia since diagnosed since age 13 and if anything it has only helped encourage my projecting.

Agree - me too. My problem is waking up during the night then difficulties getting back to sleep.

On bad times I will leave my bedroom and go and sit in another room such as my living room. I often find leaving my bed and then dozing off in a chair/couch is easier than trying to fall back to sleep in my bed. On most occasions this then triggers am OBE.

I think the sleep deprivation allows me to relax more and subsequently separate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5