The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 21, 2017, 05:46:15

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Automatic thoughts on: July 03, 2017, 22:44:00
I really appreciate the advice guys, I had already went to someone for professional help and they kept me in rehab for 6 months twice, also giving me all sorts of medication that would sedate the crap out of me but wouldn't really fix the main problems, their advice on the problems weren't very helpful and half the time they would nearly fall asleep whilst taking to me, I'm not over exaggerating honestly they didn't help at all. My social worker would think I was paranoid for watching ufo videos on Youtube even when not showing any signs of anxiety or paranoia which really annoyed me, she would say I needed to see the doctor again, even my other carers thought she was mad for doing it. At the moment I'm just doing what I enjoy doing which is drowning the voices and visuals out with over the top thinking about what i'm going to do with my life and I also think about random things like how the universe could've began and how our souls were formed what not it really keeps me happy for the time being, also I watch a lot of asmr which helps so much. I'm sure things will turn around eventually, again thanks for replying guys
smiley
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 21, 2017, 23:23:43
Definitely sounds like you got hit by the fear of death test. I just posted a new thread about it that will hopefully be useful for you. I think it is normal that there could be no vibrations in a scenario like that.
OK yeah your probably right. I'll have to face this head on and push through it. Thanks.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 21, 2017, 23:19:55
And I felt like I could just fall out of my body into an energetic pool, but I was scared because the space around me felt intimidatingly big, probably because I wasn't use to it.  cry There was no vibrations that time.

Once again, the "self imposed block" shows it's ugly face!

You have never handled/confronted the "fear tests". Even though you hear from us how safe it is, you still don't believe that on some level. You "MUST" confront that to move on.

I had the "twitching eye" problem as well. Just as I was about to have a full on OBE, my eyes would twitch and sometimes feel like they were opening. My screen would also get really bright and then I would question whether what I was seeing was through the slits of my eyes or was it the "NP/other realms". That thought was enough to cause "doubt" and I found that "any doubt will knock you out". So, that session ended then and there.

I fixed the problem through common sense. I began wearing a "blindfold". I then know that everything I saw was in indeed produced by the shift in my consciousness. I set out to purchase one and found the "Mindfold". It worked very good. After awhile (a couple of years) it fell apart, so I purchased a better blindfold called the "Escape Luxury Sleep Mask".
 Sure it was a tool, but more than that, it showed myself on all levels how far I was willing to go to fix whatever problem was set upon me. In other words, it was a very powerful form of focused will and intent.

The twitching eyes stopped right away as well.

There many different exit signs that can stop you dead in your tracks. That's if you let them. If they worked once, they will be used over and over again until you confront them. Vibrations are "NOT" necessary to project.
 I know you have seen this thread all ready. But take a refresher on it again.
 http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

If you are interested, here is a link to that Escape Sleep mask. It is very well made and comfortable. I use it every night when I go to sleep and normally when I attempt a OBE as well.
 I don't use it in my Phase sessions though because those I do in my bath tub now while soaking and the closed shower curtains seem dark enough.
 http://www.dreamessentials.com/product-66/dream-essentials-escape-luxury-sleep-mask-with-earplugs-and-carry-pouch
Yeah I actually have the mindfold. The strap lining started coming undone so I sowed it up, and it still seems to work good. I still use it too.  smiley If I need another blindfold I'll get the Escape Sleep mask. And I'll check out that link on exit symptoms signposts again. smiley
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 21, 2017, 19:15:45
Essentially what you're doing is getting to the ledge of the cliff... then getting lost in the grass.  You're forgetting to continue walking off...
That's a nice way of putting it. smiley Time to commit energetic suicide. Hahaha  cheesy
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 21, 2017, 17:05:11
Is your induction method related to moving your phantom body while staying physically still? Sometimes I feel like I could step out of my body but attempting to raise the vibrations always ends up in physical twitching as the signals get crossed.
Right, yeah the idea was to move my body out into the non-physical. The only part of me that twitches is my eyes. There was one time I microdosed a psychoactive tea at a sub-perceptual dose in the morning, then the next morning before getting up I was trying to astral project. And I felt like I could just fall out of my body into an energetic pool, but I was scared because the space around me felt intimidatingly big, probably because I wasn't use to it.  cry There was no vibrations that time.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 21, 2017, 01:15:47
Once again, this is physical perspective. It is not a measure of time (or other physical attributes) whether a being who is non-physical is still involved or not. The physical and non-physical is all one thing. This was the contrast presented by my experience.

And, it wasn't funny or odd from my perspective. As I have already described above, the experience itself was shocking (as a human). I was seeing and experiencing with clarity and full waking consciousness a known non-physical being from the perspective of my physical body. I could feel the bodies of others next to me. I could hear and see everything in the physical surroundings about me. I maintained my physicality throughout the experience. I additionally maintained my own physical identity.

Why would I continue to attend a church in these circumstances? Especially when the church held forth (and continues to hold forth to this day) that Jesus was something other than my experience with him. How is that odd or funny? The only thing that eventually resonated with me was leaving and staying away from the church and its system of beliefs about who Jesus was. This was not odd ... it was sanity.
The word funny was a poor choice of for a word there. I didn't mean that it was actually funny. I just meant that it was interesting. But yeah the reasons you left make sense. I no longer identify as a typical christian either.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 20, 2017, 21:45:14
Very true, Nameless and Thaomas!  smiley

Tom Campbell once said, in one of his many videos, that you need the mindset that "if this is the end, then so be it". Meaning you need to see it through all the way no matter what. Of course you will find out you will return unscathed. But no matter how many times that you hear that, if you haven't experienced it for yourself, it doesn't matter to you at a "personal level". This is what I mean when I use the term "self-imposed block". It will continue to "make" you fail, until you learn to confront, then overcome it.

My sig here says "To be successful with Astral Projection/Non Physical Exploration, your will to succeed must be much stronger than your acceptance of failure" and it's true. This is where being determined and even stubborn, really helps.
Looks like I need a stronger will and determination to push through the fully let go. Thanks for the advice Lumaza.  wink
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 20, 2017, 21:40:40
It sounds like you are probably getting disturbed from the mindset required to get past the vibrations. This would happen to me nearly every time I attempted projection via staying adamantly still.

I would look into two things - are you allowing yourself to look past the vibrations to the end goal or are you getting caught up with "is it time" type thoughts?

What about fear induced by the vibrations or being on the brink of separation? You need to be extremely comfortable with "losing" your physical perception.
I'm relatively new at being able to consistently induce vibrations, so I would say it's too early to say if I'm getting too caught up in "is it time." I would say that the vibrations are more purposely induced for the purpose of astral projection, so they aren't caused by fear of any sort. I can be quite close to the physical while inducing these vibrations, so I don't have to be in some deep trance state to turn them on. But yes there are times now and then where I think to myself "am I actually projecting." Then that brings my attention right back to the physical. So perhaps that might be a block for me. Thanks for chiming in ThaomasOfGrey.  smiley
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 20, 2017, 18:52:33
I honestly don't think you have to learn anything, more so you just need to allow whatever is going to happen to happen and don't judge it.
Wow I didn't think I made that much progress already. Thanks it's encouraging, I'll just have to keep practicing.  smiley

Any other thoughts from other members?
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I Can Induce Vibrations, But Then What? on: June 20, 2017, 17:44:14
It's gotten to where I can induce vibrations while trying to astral project. I get twitching in my eyes, the vibrations go all over my body, I feel myself expand a little, sometimes I get hypnagogic images. It's all very stimulating but I've never consciously astral projected from there. I can even induce vibrations while meditating awake with eye's open. LOL I am guessing I just need to keep practicing and eventually learn to move beyond the vibrations and actually separate by moving inward more. But I want you's thoughts on this one. Any advice how I can kick this up a notch? Thanks!
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Moderators! Welcome to ThaomasOfGrey and Nameless! on: June 20, 2017, 14:45:18
*PHEW*
You had me worried for a second there.  Wink
If I learn to astral project good, that might change.  cool  wink
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Moderators! Welcome to ThaomasOfGrey and Nameless! on: June 20, 2017, 03:20:27
Oh congratulations, you's probably need it for the influx of people I'm sending over here. LOL Inside joke with Xanth. Funny I noticed that I have more posts here than 5 of the moderators. LOL I don't want to be a moderator here anyway.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 20, 2017, 03:00:19
Do you mean to say you have been here as a member since 2010 and have never had a conscious OBE? ... or are you are amassing this info for a friend?

I ask that in sincerity because if you couldn't do it in the past, you need to find out what your "self-imposed block" is before you can do it now. It is likely something pretty strong and dear to you because it has stifled your success for years, it seems.  undecided

This will come through some personal "soul searching". You need to jump every hurdle that has been put in your way, before you will find success with any technique out there.
Yes I've never consciously had an OBE, but I have had a few spontaneously created short OBEs. Back in the day I couldn't astral project because I was a really bad health. Then I got better, and I was in college so I didn't feel like I had time to seriously pursue it. Now that I am on break from College I'm getting back into it. But I don't think I have a serious block from it, mainly because I haven't really tried enough. I appreciate your concern though.  smiley
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 20, 2017, 02:48:34
The best book I read as a beginner was William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". The week I finished it i had my first astral projection. Later, Frank Kepple's posts on this site were eye opening and thought provoking. His journey of discovery in this field is remarkable, and followed a similar path as Robert Monroe's. These days I would recommend directly a self-hypnosis path. Kepple, Monroe, Moen, and others, without saying it, maybe without realizing it, ended up projecting using self-hypnosis routines (in my opinion).
That's an interesting thought, yeah I want to work with some affirmation. My goal is do everything possible to increase my chances.  grin

Though I've not said much about it I will now. I never understood the hoopla over learning or training yourself to ignore your body or the physical. After all we ARE here in this physical and that's all perfectly normal. In your situation (which I have been) I simply suggest acknowledging the tension in your foot while still focusing on what you wish.
Thanks OK well it seems that I can still astral project regardless of my foot, so this is good news.  smiley
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 15:31:59
All of his work.  The man is *ONLY* out to make a buck, which as I said isn't necessarily a bad thing... but he spreads fear. 
I would *NEVER* suggest any author who fear-mongers.
OK so what would you recommend for a comprehensive guide on how to astral project? Thanks.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 00:28:30
You could also waste a lot of time and effort if you're putting much stock in Robert Bruce...  just sayin...

He's a hack only out to make a buck, which isn't an entirely bad thing... he's just bad... he's nothing but a fear-mongerer. 
I'd highly advise anyone to stay far away from him.

And before anyone asks... yes, he has SOME good points... but the bible also has some "good points" too, but I still would never suggest you read it.
Let's just say that the bad faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar outweighs any good you'll get from that man.
Wow that is a really negative review from someone that has a lot of books on astral projection. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. Let me guess is the reason you don't like him is because of his book called. "The Practical Psychic Self-Defense Handbook: A Survival Guide?"
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 00:23:16
In my opinion, Bruce exaggerates in those quotes, and his whole energy work is both a waste of time, from astral projection point of view, and counterproductive.

To project, you need to put your physical body to sleep while keeping your mind wake. Your physical body relaxation is only for your mind to forget about your physical body. Paying too much attention to your physical relaxation defeats the purpose.

My short answer to your question: if you can sleep with tension in your foot, you can astral project with tension in your foot.

Different authors come with different methods of astral projection, trying to describe what worked for them, trying to make sense of why that happens, but ultimately all can be distilled to: putting yourself in a light trance in order to dissociate your mind from your physical body.
OK you seem to agree with Lumanza. OK thanks for your input baro-san.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 00:20:27
If you believe it will be a hindrance, it shall be. You need to find a way to get your focus completely away from it. I had to do that when I was first stricken with Trigeminal Neuralgia. I had relearn everything again. But it taught me quite a bit as well.

This whole practice in general involves loosing your focus on your "immediate" physical body. There are a number of ways to do this. Any of the actual projection techniques you read would work. They all involve the same thing and that is to stop focusing here and turn your "complete" focus to there.
Sorry to hear that  you had trigeminal neuralgia, my aunt had it. It can be very painful. Luckily she got it fixed with surgery. OK so you think I can still do it but I would have to focus away from the physical and away from my foot. Thanks for your input Lumanza.

19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 18, 2017, 22:19:14
So I was reading Robert Bruce's book called "Mastering Astral Projection 90 Day Guide To Out-Of-Body Experience."

In speaking of Deep Physical Relaxation Roberts book reads:
"Deep physical relaxation is the foundation upon which everything else in this program will rest."

"If you do not thoroughly learn this essential skill, you could waste a lot of time and effort making projection attempts with little chance of success."

Now I have constant tension in my right foot. I can't stop it by even going to sleep. It's always there, even when resting. Would this really be a hindrance to astral projection? Should I wait for my foot to heal before I continue?

Thanks.
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 11, 2017, 02:47:46
It was not a pleasant experience. I was in shock. The strongest emotion I had was fear, but I consciously stayed as a full participant in the experience until it ended (about 10 minutes). I had to mentally remind myself to stay in the experience several times. And I did. I was not sure what to do with the experience. I was 15 years old and attending a summer camp.

The experience began with a visual distortion opening and closing out of corner of my right eye about 10 feet off the ground (like a door opening 12 feet away). It was like a saw it, but I turned my head to look at it, and I did not see it. I began to question the experience at that point. Then about two minutes later, Jesus was floating 15 feet in front of me. The other person who shared the experience with me saw him walking down a staircase out of the sky at the time I saw the door open (e.g., when I saw the distortion crack open with a sliver of light). Then, this other person saw him move around the campfire like I did.

He began right in front of me (15 feet). I could feel an energetic and it was overwhelming. This increased the shock and fear I was experiencing.There was no physical contact or communication from him. And, I was in too much shock to engage him. There were about 100 people at this event and only two of us were allowed to see him for unknown reasons. I had my arms around the people on each side of me - which was a good thing. I eventually relaxed my body as I felt the warmth of each person beside me.

Throughout the experience, he was simply visible in his light body from distances of 15 to 40 feet. Golden white light. He had a visible male body with no scars or markings or piercings. He looked human with some facial hair and long brown hair on his head. He looked like Jesus. I immediately recognized him as Jesus. I knew he was Jesus (and so did the 2nd witness). He was in a pale cloak or robe. He was not animated. He kept hands and other body parts still while floating about 4 feet off the ground. It was night time, so the contrast of darkness and his light body increased visibility of this detail. When he was at the further distance about 40 feet away, his light body had at least a 12 inch visible glow around it (like an aura). I could almost see through the body at moments. That was the most comfortable distance for me (energetically).

He changed positions at least three times, disappearing to the new spot and re-appearing to show himself. I was concerned that I was hallucinating, so I asked a friend next to me if she saw anything unusual (no!). This only added to my fear, but I stayed in the experience. When the event (a campfire) ended, I heard the second witness crying about 10 feet behind me. I went to them after someone else mentioned their experience, and this person gradually told me what they saw. I then shared my experience with them (as a confirmation of what they experienced). I knew then that I was not hallucinating, but I did not know how to explain the experience as a teenager.

This is the only time I have ever seen a non-physical being in the physical as a human. I am not clairvoyant. I have met non-physical beings in the non-physical since then including guidance (and had other non-physical experiences), but I have never seen him (Jesus) again in either the physical or non-physical. I know a former moderator from this forum who has met Jesus in the non-physical more than once, but she is a very skilled traveler (imo) and a clairvoyant.

Overall, I do not consider this a Christian experience. And, I have not been associated with any church in over 25 years. However, the contrast of this experience has guided me in my other experiences and perceptions of how the physical and non-physical is all one thing.

Thank you so much for sharing that. Yeah I bet that would have helped shape your views for sure. Thank you for taking the time to share that. It's interesting and makes me wonder how much he is still involved in our lives. Funny that your no longer involved with the church anymore after all this time. Thanks again.  smiley

And sorry for the late reply. Some how I missed the email.
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 03, 2017, 03:45:01
Thanks for chiming in Xanth. I'm bored and need someone to talk to while on college break.  smiley
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 03, 2017, 03:26:14
Nope.  Wink
I see, you just don't want to get into intellectual conversations. I see how you are.  tongue
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: June 03, 2017, 03:21:47
I can tell you that I have had personal experience with Jesus in physical reality. It was not about being saved (a common belief) ... It was not imagined (e.g., someone about 20 feet from me had a similar experience with him) ... I was not out of body (e.g., I had my arms around each person beside me and never felt this contact disappear during the experience of about 10 minutes). He was hovering about 4 feet off the ground (as many mediums see the non-physical) in a glowing etheric body surrounded by golden white light. I will not go into further details about my own experience (a very long post). But I have provided enough detail to assure you (and many others peaking in here) that it was a real "physical" experience. And, this was not my first non-physical experience, but probably the most shocking until my 20's.
Wow Subtle Traveler, I didn't know that you saw Jesus. That must have been a great experience for you. I grew up christian and so I had a lot of beliefs and thoughts about Jesus as a kid and growing up, so it's great to meet someone on the forum that has had direct contact with him. I would love to hear your full story and I am sure others would too, perhaps you can share it with us. Personally I expanded my knowledge of Jesus past the bible through reading Howard Storms NDE book. Anyway thanks for sharing that.
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you listen to opposing political views? on: June 02, 2017, 18:08:52
Preach... like a priest preaching...

Like what I do here!   evil Wink
I wouldn't listen to me either.
OK I think you get what I'm saying now. Perhaps you now see our talks about psychedelics in the past in a different light.  wink
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you find that people cant accept that your a astral projector on: June 02, 2017, 14:13:50
Annnnnnnnnd you lost it.  Wink  hehe
You know what I mean.  grin wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 35