The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 04, 2015, 06:28:16

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / How psychology might relate to astral projectors and vise versa. on: August 27, 2015, 21:30:31
So I am in college right now and I am taking Psychology 201. I learned about "confirmation bias". This totally reminds me of what we here call mental filters, or even layers in the astral. All confirmation bias means is that if you have a bias that you tend to focus and expect to see what you believe through the lens of your biases.

Here is a definition of it.

Confirmation bias  In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.  Confirmation bias is a type of cognitive bias and represents an error of inductive inference toward confirmation of the hypothesis under study.  Confirmation bias is a phenomenon wherein decision makers have been shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypothesis, and ignore or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypothesis.  As such, it can be thought of as a form of selection bias in collecting evidence.

By that definition it almost sounds like an unnatural or should I say delusional state almost. Perhaps borderline delusional.  Truly delusional people can't change given new information that conflicts with their beliefs.

Anyway I hope you all got something out of that.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is euthanasia ethical? on: August 16, 2015, 04:32:46
This is  an issue that has great impact on my profession.  I have worked with palliative patients and families and been close to a hundred people as they passed.  I think Euthanasia is a line that we should not cross.  Medications are available to keep dying patients comfortable.  I feel the time soent in the last days of life is important to the crossing.  

Justification for euthanasia is a slippery slope and it slides easily into eugenics which I think is criminal.  and even legally justified euthanasia would affect those who did it snd the family members who agreed to it. I think life is a gift it should not be taken
I wish you a slow and painful death, with total mental breakdown. evil

OK on a serious note. I think there should be a line and a distraction drawn between doctor assisted suicide (self directed suicide), and euthanasia (not what a person wants possibly).  There is actually different forms of euthanasia. But to keep it simple I'll just stick to the above definitions. So I to have my doubts about euthanasia when people haven't requested it, and especially if their family says they didn't want to be euthanized.

But I have no doubt that when it's up to an individuals choice, especially after a long and fulfilling life, that it's absolutely ethical for that person to choose to end their life with or without a doctor. Just having a doctor and the law on your side is always a plus.

And as I like to say. - "My life, my death, my choice, because we should be able to control our lives, as much as we control our deaths."
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Websites You Might Wanna Visit on: August 16, 2015, 01:19:48
We can't talk about spirituality without also talking about psychedelics. Nature's natural guild back to the spiritual. In fact psychedelics are IMO the link between the atheistic, and agnostic type thinking into the spiritual. During the hippy movement many people that didn't think anything of the spiritual suddenly found themselves contemplating meditation, astral projection and other spiritual practices from the east due to their psychedelic use. Unfortunately the movement mostly died due the drug war and stigmatization. But IMO we will one day find our way back to the spiritual through psychedelics.

And I am betting that seasteading will be the driving force for this change throughout the world. www.seasteading.org Which oddly enough seasteading was started, not to spread to use of psychedelics, but rather to evolve government, and treat government as a technology, and not a bureaucratic system that can hardly change with science and the times.

www.shroomery.org/forums/
www.bluelight.org/vb/forums
http://www.hipforums.com/forum/forum/50-psychedelics/
https://drugs-forum.com/forum
https://www.erowid.org
http://www.agoradrugs.com/agora-marketplace-url/#
www.seasteading.org

One more note on seasteading. It will change the world from the inside out. It will cause governments to compete to keep their citizens least they leave and go to a government of their choice. The first seastead will be built in 2020, but once they have a proof of concept to show the world that this works, then they will no doubt gain widespread acceptance, and many new types of government seasteads will be built to compete for citizens from around the world. Why mention seateading here. We'll since their is nothing more spiritual practically speaking than advancing society on the fundamental level.  wink

I could get into how LENR, or Cold Fusion will also fundamentally change society for the better, but I will leave that for another day unless you want to know more.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: It's Alive on: August 15, 2015, 20:05:23
Thanks Adrian!
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is euthanasia ethical? on: August 15, 2015, 19:56:46
This is a subject I have thought a lot about. There seems to be this underlying idea that it's not natural to take ones life even in old age. But the word natural is so arbitrary. I mean there are a lot of natural things that aren't good. Like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tornado's, hurricanes, and even radiation, and poison. As if natural things are always good.

Even in some of the meditational religions they say that you should commit suicide by starvation in order to prevent yourself the possibility of adding negative karma from a disease at the end of ones life. These practices being called Prayopavesa, and Sallekhana respectively.

On top of that the natural process of birth is said to be traumatic to the soul, yeah like that baby deserved all that extra karma.

Also by your reasoning why don't you become poor in order to burn off negative karma? Why not inject yourself with HIV? You see where this kind of thinking can lead people. We need to avoid suffering, not embrace because we are somehow inherently bad and we need to subject ourselves to indignity in order to free ourselves.

Furthermore these days you can't even die a natural death, (whatever that means). What I mean to say is that hospitals and hospices often have a policy of force-feeding people even though they can't or refuse to eat foods. They could be half dead and they will force-feed that person. This is a very unethical practice and undignified existence and should be abolished.

Moreover at the end of the day this is about dignity. I have been at death's door step before and let me give you a strong warning. You are at the mercy of whatever happens at the end of your life if you leave it up to the system. It's like playing Russian Roulette with your dignity. The lucky ones are the ones that die from a massive heart attack. I know what it's like to have a total mental breakdown, and your at deaths door step. And let me tell you it's not pretty. If anything I added negative karma going through that.

In fact I plan on taking my life when I am old and ready to die with a painless method. Though right now I am still young and will be going to college for the first time. So I learned an invaluable lesson about the end of life that taught me not to mess with my dignity. I will never let myself be subjected to that again in my life.

Lastly critics like to say well it's a slippery slope taking peoples lives of those that are terminally ill, or people taking their own lives at the end of life. The slippery slope argument doesn't work for the simple reason that it says let's not do good, in order to prevent a hypothetical bad down the line. shocked  huh
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 28, 2015, 07:48:08
That was Alistair Crowley's phrasing of an old Pagan dictum.

I sort of like how the later Wiccans chose to phrase it...

"And it harm none, do what you will."
Yeah I like the Wiccan version better. It's actually pretty similar to my own beliefs then.
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 28, 2015, 07:44:07
Wow I am so proud of myself I just hit 4 stars at over 500 posts. This is awesome. Actually I would have had this sooner since I had two accounts. Don't worry moderators it's been fixed. Anyway it just speaks to values of knowledge I've gained about astral projection.

Thanks for being here for me guys.  grin  With a special shout out to Szaxx.  wink
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 28, 2015, 07:40:16
I think you don't need a lot of different rules if you have central concepts which inform the others. The core of the Buddhist and Upanishadic systems has always made sense to me, and is incredibly simple- don't cause harm if you can avoid it. It is also a good rule of thumb to treat others the best way you can allow in any given situation.

Right that was the heart of my ethic/values when I said earlier "to not cause harm or suffering". I got this from Buddhism like you said.

Another good standard is Immanuel Kant's Universal ethical principle: for any given action, would it be better for everyone to take this action, or for no one to take this action? If no one should take this action, then the action is best avoided in the majority of cases. If everyone should take the action, then it is probably a case where someone is ethically negligent not to do it.

I haven't heard of that one. Hum.

Then a level more complex than that, is the modern system of "normative ethics". That system posits, like Kant, that there are some ethical constraints that should generally not be broken unless it can't be avoided without doing greater harm, and there may even be constraints which should never be broken at all. An example of one of the first kind, a conditional constraint, might be something like stealing. Probably wrong to do in most cases, but acceptable if greater harm is avoided as a result. Examples of absolute constraints are much harder to come by, because a person can think of creatively absurd situations under which any rule ought to be broken, but a candidate might be something like a person ought not to murder their children.

Normative ethics is about weighing these constraints against one another, to see which should trump the others in various situations, and is sort of a tricky game. An example of a mental game that illustrates this type of thinking is the "trolley problem", which is a set of situations that pits the constraints in a contest, such as, "If a trolley carrying 12 orphans was about to crash into a stalled bus full of 8 Nuns on the tracks, but you could hit a switch, and the trolley full of orphans were to instead hit a car full of 6 neurosurgeons, what action would you take, and why?

LOL yeah that is funny.

Sounds silly, but it is the sort of thing you need to do to write the principles that guides mechanical systems such as medical ethics boards, because those systems need hard and complex rules, and they are difficult to devise, because they are in some sense arbitrary.
Yeah like doctor assisted suicide. Well actually I can sum up pretty fast why doctor assisted suicide is ethical based on the idea of not causing more suffering than needed.

Thanks for your input. It game me somethings to think about.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 28, 2015, 07:26:24
Yep, keep thinking about what else I said.
Having an ethical viewpoint is no more productive than anyone's opinion. Making that personal level contact is the only way you can change their ways into something more suitable for all.
That's ethical.
To be there, is to see, that's all you can ever do.
To do what's right in changing bad ideals is being ethical for the good of all.
A much bigger picture.
When you give your heart to the wolf with the red rose, make sure you speak wolf.
Nothing is easy and self sacrifice can result in resolution.
The rivers of the NP can run deep.
I can't get enough of these experiences, they challenge your soul.
So are you saying that you have went as far out of your way as to speak wolf in order to help others? Metaphorically speaking of course.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 27, 2015, 06:54:59
I'll try to reply tomorrow.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 23, 2015, 21:58:08
Think bigger, you'll see more in my words.
If your speaking generally speaking I can get that, but doing as the locals do isn't always smart. I remember you telling me of places in the astral where the things that they were doing there you didn't like. Am I missing something?

I don't really associate with any ethic code really, I just follow my values and the dao...
If you know what are all the important values/valors etc you don't really need an ethic code, you just follow your philosophy and stick to your values.
An ethic code not much important unless you are in a very specific situation. For example a doctor who has to unplug someone...
I am not in a professional position where I have to make such decisions. Doing something bad but since it's ethical is considered good in the long run... I just try my best to do as good as possible in every situation I face, even tho I don't face much troublesome situation like that.

For the purpose of this question ethics and values can be interchangeable.

Ethics can change depending on someone's situation and feelings, values don't.

I must disagree with this. People change, life isn't static. Ethics and values change with time. Perhaps ethics a little more but even still they both change.

If you stick to your values you'll always make the right decisions.

Come on man. I think in ultimate and universal ways. I can't see how by merely sticking to ones values that makes their values correct.

And it's not about choosing a specific set of values... It's about learning what they're all about and keeping them in mind every time you have to make a decision.
The problem with ethics is that they are like specific orders for a specific situation. They don't teach you why you would make such decision except: This is bad, this is good.

I have to disagree with this too.

Why do we disagree so much. Perhaps it's partially our definitions we are using are different.

While values give you all information for every possible challenge you can face and what you have to use in order to go through that situation while understanding the consequences and everything else...

Ethics do respect values since it's based on that. But in certain situation ethics can be wrong because it's too old... I don't know if you understand what I mean...

No I don't, perhaps you can enlighten me.

Other than that I think I should point out some of the philosophical ethics involved into moral. Such as utilitarianism, consequentialism, deontology, Egoism, Virtue ethics. All these are branches of philosophy. So perhaps there is no one sure fire ethic or set of values. I have a hard time believing that though. Certainly there is something to be gained from studying these branches of ethics.
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 21, 2015, 19:50:24
Xanth is a real philosopher, what are your thoughts Xanth?
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 21, 2015, 19:49:32
Do as the locals do.
I've said this many times, you'll fit in better and then your words will be heard.
It applies to the NP too.
That can't be always true, I mean some groups and societies do all kinds of crazy things that are unethical. So I wouldn't call that a universal ethic. But rather a sub-category of ethics. BTW I like that idea Szaxx, unfortunately it's not a universal code of ethics.

So what is the real heart of an ethical mind?
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What is the heart of your ethics? on: July 21, 2015, 07:15:22
Hi all, so I have thought a lot about ethics. What is ethical, what is moral, and almost everything in between. So ideally I would say the heart of a good ethic is to not cause harm or suffering. And from this I would make all or almost all moral ethical judgements. Utilitarianism is similar to this ideal. My brother said the heart of all ethical judgements should be around not infringing on other peoples privacy.

So what is the heart of a good ethical mind?

Thanks.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Question on: July 10, 2015, 23:26:32
If I had more money I probably would buy from Walmart if they paid their workers more, and avoid them if they didn't. Unfortunately I think most of society doesn't think along these lines.
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: career advice in the astral? on: July 01, 2015, 20:39:01
If you don't mind me asking Xanth what kind of job/career did you decide to take up that you didn't like?
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: career advice in the astral? on: July 01, 2015, 20:38:04
Xanth I can see someone that has a low stress job just standing around all day or working on a machine. But as a Occupational Therapist I can interact with clients, meaning be social, and get creative on what the client needs. So IMO there is a big difference between a low stress job where you are standing around all day pulling levelers or whatever versus a low stress job where your helping people get better, being social, and coming up with creative ideas to help your clients.
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: career advice in the astral? on: July 01, 2015, 20:34:33
It sounds like you made the choice based upon the path of least resistance... honestly, I did the same thing back in college... and I'll tell you this: I completely and 100% regret it.
Which of those paths do you figure would have given you the greatest satisfaction in the long term?
I think Occupational Therapy will give me the job satisfaction in the long term. I don't think I might have a very hard time being a nurse, I mean they are constantly running around and are extremely busy many times. Nurses are under staffed and probably under paid. I just don't want to be treated like that especially given my health problems I've dealt with in the past. I am luckily enough to even make it out of college at this point in my life.
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: career advice in the astral? on: July 01, 2015, 18:50:36
I was going to go to college to become a nurse but after seeing that this career has a lot of stress I decided to instead go with Occupational Therapy. And I can start making good money right out of getting an associates. So that is what I am doing.
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Powerful astral projection experience here. on: June 27, 2015, 23:10:41
What I saw on he video was that he met arc angle Michale and a demon .  Not much on an being out of body.
He was out of body when he saw that little girl playing. Though when the angel was pumping him up with that energy I think he was like half in his body half out.
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Amazing convincing footage of a ghost caught on camera. on: June 27, 2015, 04:18:08
Even CNN covered it.

a ghost or an angel
https://youtu.be/Ca6tj8CxWu0
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Powerful astral projection experience here. on: June 27, 2015, 04:16:42
Well did anyone see the video or not?
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Powerful astral projection experience here. on: June 25, 2015, 19:05:38
Powerful astral projection experience here. This guy got a surge of energy from a very powerful being in the astral and his body.

My 2nd Out Of Body Experience!
https://youtu.be/E5ZieRTyIWI
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: From a astral, spiritual perspective what do you think of telling a white lie? on: June 11, 2015, 01:09:00
It depends entirely upon the Intent behind the "little white lie".
Spiritual growth depends entirely and wholly upon the "Intent" behind anything you do.

Two actions can LOOK identical, yet one can grow you spiritually, while the other can spiritually destroy you.

Eventually, as you grow... one becomes less of a choice and simply how one *is*.  This is what they mean by "becoming Love". 
You eventually don't have the capacity to make a "Fear-based" choice.
So your saying that telling a white lie is fine as long as my intent to do good is behind it is there?

Also I can't help but to wonder what is it like to be "spiritually destroyed"?
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / From a astral, spiritual perspective what do you think of telling a white lie? on: June 11, 2015, 00:23:19
I've never really been one to lie. But recently I was tempted to tell a white lie or two since I feel somewhat insecure socially. Is there any real consequences from a spiritual perspective to tell a white lie here and there in order to try to fit in socially?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21