The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2017, 21:25:20

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What are the most important values to live by to have a good reincarnation? on: Today at 12:35:15
Plasma,
I will just say this: I had (have) depression issues. They can discourage you, they did me at times. Depression can bring me to a "full stop"...I do my best not to revisit those old dark days.

Find your center, find your passion...and then move from there as best you can make it work. I know it is not easy, each day is a new/same old challenge.

Today's values?

There is always better
Thanks for the reply but I already know that. I am mainly looking for what values and accomplishments help us get a good reincarnation. Sorry if I mixed up my question with another topic, but it was related to in part why I am contemplating this.  smiley
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What are the most important values to live by to have a good reincarnation? on: Today at 02:46:28
I'm wondering if it's worth it to compete against smart people to get into a University program to make 60,000 a year. That is how I see it right now at this point. So I'm questioning my value systems. I'm questioning the competitive nature of College and University. Part of it is that I just don't have the drive and ambition I use to have ever since I got a bout  of severe depression. Even though the depression is now gone, I am still just less ambitious.
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What are the most important values to live by to have a good reincarnation? on: Today at 02:39:12
After you's told me that having kids wasn't required to have a good reincarnation I am rethinking my whole value system. I am in college right now and now I am questioning whether it's worth it to go for all that schooling right at this point. I am wondering if I should settle for something less ambitious.

So let me ask you what values do you think are the most important to live by here in the physical for a good reincarnation? Thanks.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What if I never have children, will I have a worser reincarnation next time? on: April 09, 2017, 00:46:36
"Humility" is an important lesson, in my opinion.
I think I've learned a lot of humility having dealt a serious health condition some years.  wink
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What if I never have children, will I have a worser reincarnation next time? on: April 09, 2017, 00:44:07
I think there are many ways everything works, depednding on what you believe in.
I've read that if you beleive in something, you tend to go there. Like christains for example might go to 'heaven' for a while. Just might be a place they worship and hang out till they know that the universe is bigger than what they think through self recognition or through 'helpers' i believed what they were called.

We are all gods, I've experianced the realization of being one and did some weird things for a short amount of time. Think of beavis and some things he said he went through or did, that sort of thing.
So I personally think that if you tend to have a preconcieved idea of what will happen to you, its more likely to happen. Just like a dream, you think and the thinking manifests to an extent.

(all just possible opinions. nothing is static imo)
You could be here, lets say, from a past life that thinks you have to evolve and grow spiritually and as a person. You learn this and that and go to higher planes or whatever. Maybe you can add the idea of sometimes you just want a break and want to experiance something that doesnt involve 'work' so much. Like working on yourself. If there are breaks, then who knows how long they last, I say as long as you want considering a soul isnt on some time limit. So you can maybe start believing you will go into a game world in the next life and then progress by leveling up. Or by going through all the animals to take a peice of something with you that youre soul doesnt forget. Literally, it can be whatever you want. People say 'anything is possible' and apparently there are multiuniverse's and such. So who's to rule anything out if its all possible?
I've stopped beleiving in set ideas 100% all the way through. If a lot of people think it, its easier to believe and maybe perceive. Like chakras.
there are many ideas about reincarnation.

Random tangent, but I wouldnt worry about it, because fear is not going to do much for you. Either fix it by having a kid or letting go of it somehow or find some other laws that's more comforting or try and ask for answers from youre higher power, self,  dreams, w.e.
Either way, whatever the actual rules and laws governing reincarnation, I'd assume you can ONLY progress so its all gooooood. Might go through some needed challenges for the next life to prepare you for the next life. Or just repeat this one till you have kids  evil
I'd like to think that time heals all wounds, I'm just afraid of getting some crappy reincarnation, I want greatness in some form or another. I've learned so much and my wisdom and vision for how things work that that I would hate to have it die with me without being able to pass that on.

The odd thing is is that I've got reason to believe the having my own children is my life purpose. We'll see.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What if I never have children, will I have a worser reincarnation next time? on: April 08, 2017, 17:45:35
Nobody really knows the laws and rules governing reincarnation do they?
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What if I never have children, will I have a worser reincarnation next time? on: April 08, 2017, 01:51:05
On the flip side you could raze a Charlie Manson /Hitler .  There are other ways to deal with karma . 
Other ways to deal with karma? Like what?

I like the idea that time heals all wounds.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What if I never have children, will I have a worser reincarnation next time? on: April 07, 2017, 23:54:20
This has been bugging me a lot. I am 34 years old I am am running out of time to have my own kids. I feel like if I don't have kids and pass on a positive legacy of some sort, as in leaving this world a better place than I found it, then I don't feel worthy to have a good reincarnation, is that true? I've heard mixed things on this. I feel like for some people it doesn't even matter because successful people have contributed a lot of good to this earth. But I feel like if I don't have at least one child of my own to raise on good ethics and morals to pass on, that I won't be worthy of getting a good reincarnation.

On the other hand I feel like just because we are here and have to endure the BS as a life as a human that we deserve to reincarnate into a slightly better reincarnation regardless even if we mess up in this life because things are slowly getting better here anyway. Thoughts?
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: April 04, 2017, 01:29:11
It's all about free will, in our experiences, the choices we make as individuals or mass consciousness.
I'd like to think that we have free will but in my experience I have serious doubts about it. I mean when do we do something that doesn't have a feeling attached to it? People talk about free will as if it's so easy, when I think of free will I think of bending the laws of physics in your favor which isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: April 03, 2017, 12:26:16
Nothing to learn here but just to experience
Are you saying we don't have any kind of free will?
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 18, 2017, 01:56:08
When I die I want to be greeted by aliens with Jesus on the side smoking something way better than marijuana out of a bong.  cheesy Then I want to trip balls with them and after the come down we'll be talking about when we're going to come back to earth to save humanity. cheesy

Oh i need a good laugh right now I've been dragging all day.  rolleyes
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 16, 2017, 21:52:36
If he was in a Coma, then he wasn't dead.  AND he's still alive now... so he was never FINALLY, IRREVERSIBLY dead.  Right?  Right.  Smiley

Science LITERALLY can not answer the question "when does final, irreversible death occur?".  We just simply do not know.
Do a bit of research on the subject and you'll quickly find that science doesn't know when the "FINAL" death actually happens.
It's exactly the same with "dreaming"... science can't answer the question of "what is dreaming?" or "what is it's function?".

So yes... there isn't a person alive today who has been *DEAD* with that complete, final disconnect from their physical body. 
I thought you didn't like debating. tongue wink rolleyes
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 15, 2017, 22:20:54
YUP!  That's another possibility.  Smiley

Good job thinking outside the box!
ONLY within the confines of the human experience filter.  Outside that filter, no, it doesn't exist.
smiley
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 15, 2017, 21:07:28
So, even while you're having a NDE... you're still part of this physical reality in some way.  This means that you're still experiencing the non-physical through those "human experience" filters I mentioned before. 
I would say this is not true if we look at the case of people like Eben Alexander where his brain was in total shutdown there would be no connection to the body at all because he was in a coma. And yet he had a very rich experience far beyond anything that is physically possible.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 15, 2017, 00:57:04
So is there a general consensus that racists can exist in the astral? That is in the same capacity that bigots can exist in the astral.
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 15, 2017, 00:55:33
If I was to use the concept above of the "tub of consciousness!!"... then the claims like those of this 10 year old prove that awareness has access to all of consciousness more than it proves reincarnation.  This glass used to grab some of the water from the tub, grabbed more than just water for himself.  Easy.

The thing about this is that people will, LITERALLY, see only what they want to see.  The people who believe in reincarnation would absolutely and OUTRIGHT refuse to consider any other option.  That's why the only supposition put forward is "OMG THIS CHILD REINCARNATED!"

It's actually a great example of how belief blinds people.

Remember, I'm not saying I'm right... I'm just saying that from what I've learned, consciousness isn't as easy as "how it looks is how it is"... it's actually quite the opposite.
I'm simply trying to look at things from a vastly different perspective than most people even care to bother to want to look at things.
I actually thought there was a possibility that this kid could have been remote viewing into this other past life. I didn't mention it because I thought it was more unlikely. In fact I think it was you Xanth that first got me thinking about reincarnation memories along these lines. I won't totally rule that out but in my mind it raises much more questions than answers. Eg all the NDEs that confirm reincarnation, some from people that didn't even believe in reincarnation before their NDE. But at the end of the day I am going with what LightBeam said as the most logical explanation. But I like that you question the status quo Xanth, it's hard to do, and we need this type of out side of the box thinking more often in society. If not for any other reason than to provide food for thought.  wink
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 14, 2017, 15:01:05
Because it doesn't make sense to be something which objectively happens.
What does makes sense is that the very idea of "reincarnation" is born from the fear that we might cease to exist upon our physical death.

My original post above outlines a possibility of what might happen when we die.  When you return to the "tub of consciousness" (oh man, I love that term now LOL) you become one with everything again.
Think about it... all of the concepts we currently have towards the "afterlife" are born out of the "human experience".  They're put through the filter of our experience. 

People talk about reincarnation in the way they do, because they fear becoming *nothing* when they die. 

Well... what if you did become nothing upon physically dying?  I think a good chunk of society wouldn't be very happy with that idea. 

Am I happy with it?  I'm fine with it.  It is what it is. 

But that also means that "reincarnation" isn't what most people think it is.  It's simply a new glass being dipped into the tub and pulling out more water.
That specific bit of water could contain some of what you *were*, but what you *physically were* was stripped away the moment you died and only the non-physical part of you returns to the one.

Consider this:  Any answer born out of fear can never be the correct answer.
I thought the belief in reincarnation was a hard pill to swallow for Christians, atheists, and agnostics. It would mean that you had to come back to this place of misery and it would force one to confront their karma or actions. I guess it depends on what reference your coming from as to if it seems like a man made idea.

Also try to explain this video on reincarnation. It's one of the best testimonies I've ever seen for reincarnation.

Today show. March 16th, 2015 Expert investigates 10-year-old’s reincarnation claims
www.today.com/video/today/57120459
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 14, 2017, 05:58:41
In one of W. Buhlmans books he writes of remembering a past life as a German ww2 tank commander.  So he believes in reincarnation.  Freezing to death in the USSR . 
Yeah and I was Cleopatra in my past life. LOL No I'm kidding. That seems more likely than what some of these psychics will tell you.  wink
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 14, 2017, 04:33:19
The way I would see this is , if some one is a determined raciest,  then dies . They hang around as a mean ghost unwilling to move on .
Makes sense. Hope I'm not missing something.
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 14, 2017, 04:31:48
I'll give you a hint: I'm slowly starting to consider the possibility that "reincarnation" doesn't exist.
Yes I was already aware that you are questioning if reincarnation exists.

Ok so the bigot goes to a concenus reatily and belief system territories.
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 13, 2017, 22:12:29
Let's see if I can work with this...

Do this thought experiment.

There's a bathtub full of water...
Now grab a small vessel which can hold water, like a glass/cup.
Scoop up a small amount of water from the tub.  Now do whatever you want to that water... heat it up over a fire... or cool it down by adding ice.
Now, dump that water back into the tub...

What have you just done?  That bathtub full of water represents all of consciousness. 
The glass of water represents an individual awareness (you, for example). 
The action done to the water (heat or cold) represents the life events happening to you (the glass of water).

When you're born into this reality, you're taken from the vast tub of consciousness... you then have life experiences which change the water fundamentally... then when you die, that water is returned to the vast tub of consciousness, which then changes the tub full of water ever so slightly in one way or the other.  This is how you can personally affect consciousness as a whole.

Now, after reading all that, you might be wondering what it means in relation to the question you asked.  Are there racists in the astral.  No, there aren't.  You experience the "non-physical" through the filters of being a human being.  This might be impossible, but try to consider how you would interact with the non-physical NOT through the filters of your humanity.  You probably can't even begin to fathom how it would work...

Racism, such as we know it (that's the POINT), is a human thing... and beyond that, it's just a label which has no bearing on anything outside this physical reality.  Or even outside of human existence.

You are nothing but water in a bathtub which was scooped up in order to further heat or cool that bathtub when you go back to it. 
I get your analogy here and it makes sense. But how does Williams quote about being a bigot in the afterlife/astral fit into this whole thing then? Does being a bigot in the afterlife only apply to belief system territories then?
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is there racists in the astral? on: March 13, 2017, 17:59:51
I've heard William Buhlman say if you die a bigot you will continue to be a bigot in the afterlife. But skin color isn't much of a thing on the astral is it? Or are there still racists on the other side too?
23  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: Free Book on: March 12, 2017, 17:13:01
Hey Xanth I've noticed that when I try to astral project recently that I seem to do a better when I induce vibrations and move my attention inward. When I do the noticing exercise I feel like I am going more outward and it keeps me awake. Unless I am doing the noticing exercise wrong. Thoughts?
24  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: Free Book on: March 09, 2017, 15:52:27
Well that's a good place to start.

What kind of updates would you like to see?
Well it's been a while since I've read it and been practicing in depth but from what I seem to remember I had problems with the type of focus I should be using while doing the noticing exercise. I'll practice it a bit and give you better feed back on that a little later though. That was my main sticking point for a while though, and not being able to go inward. But like I said I'll practice it more now and give some more detailed feedback.

Also having the table of contents that is page numbered would be good.

Also you should have some inspirational astral projection experiences posted there to get the newbies inspired to keep practicing.

How's that for starters?
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Dr. Strange on: March 07, 2017, 23:16:31
Wow yeah I loved that clip you posted. I'll have to download it. And no I havn't seen the movie. At least not yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33