The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 29, 2016, 02:50:20

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25
51  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 08, 2016, 23:22:31
This post written yesterday after Xants. More replies when time is available.
I mostly agree with Xanths post.

Trust yourself and develop your NP personality and traits.
Too many physical world ideals will not yield the truth leaving you disconcerted. You do add these debilitating filters autonomously and in the early development stages don't realise it.
I guess when I think of using worldly knowledge to gain spiritual knowledge I am more talking about what will happen when science and spirituality meet. I am am pretty confident science and spirituality will merge. But yeah I agree too much worldly knowledge in this day and age won't necessarily lead to spiritual breakthroughs. But it's also plausible that reincarnating here long enough until science and spirituality merges can lead to possibly gaining universal knowledge in purer forms.

The greater depths of the NP only appear when you are ready for them.
Yeah this concept in general makes me question if I should take a psychedelic before I die. It might allow me to reach higher realms faster at death, but it might not allow other forms of growth that I might need in the lower realms.

There's always more than you see or interpret from your travels. Many questions arise and the answers are always there when you look at the big picture. Being able to see the big picture requires an overall perception based upon many differing experiences. Basically you need to learn how to use perceptions that don't exist in physical reality.
I like that.

The simple answer Xanth has provided. We know nothing is that simple but building a foundation starting with this will keep you on the right track albeit slowly gaining the necessary experiences to push forwards.
Eventually all the entities you meet have a radiant expression of their personality. You can read them and they you in many cases. Those who are negative will avoid contact with you as you are instantly aware of their intent. Only a few will try you and these are well seasoned  in what they do. The environment they are in has its aura and ambience which you instantly know to trust none of the indigenous.
I'll keep that in mind.

It's live and learn then learn to live.
I am trying to understand that. Do you mean at first it's all about survival but then as you learn how things work and are well adjusted then you are able to learn more?
52  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 08, 2016, 01:16:03
I'll try to reply tomorrow to the rest of the posts here, I'm not feeling good.
53  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 07, 2016, 22:58:58
I have, and I do!  It's a great documentary!  Smiley
And thanks for backing me up on the DMT documentary.  grin
54  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 07, 2016, 22:58:13
The link is that they're one in the same.  There is no such thing as "physical" or "non-physical".  There's only perception and point of view.
What's your definitions for and the difference between perception and point of view?
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 07, 2016, 20:47:30
What do you feel the relationship between the physical world and the spiritual world to be?

I have found what I believe to be a plausible link between the physical the non-physical NP.
I think the best way to understand the link between this physical world and that of the NP is to study psychedelics. You will find that something that purely physical such as DMT powder when injected (Strassman study) can have a direct link between the NP and the physical. To the point of effecting thought processes itself in the NP. For instance each psychedelic has it's own affinity for different types of NP experiences. And yet at the same time they do seem to share the same space. So a big dose of DMT will bring one into the same type of space as that of a big dose of shrooms. Yet they provide different type of filtering and/or layering effects in the NP such as fractals or synesthesia and other things that are unique to the psychedelic experience. And yet at the same time one is able to be in a place that is beyond this physical dimension and time and space as we know it. And they are able to gain messages from this other worldly place, a place that is best described as heaven for lack of a better word.

If you haven't watched the movie "DMT The Spirit Molecule" check it out, then we can have a talk about the relationship between the physical and the NP. I know Xanth said he watched it one time. He even recommended it at the time, probably still does.

Haven't you ever met that girl who is super sweet, until the wallet closes?

No thank God, but I have heard about them gold diggers.

Following this reasoning, the only test you would put a being claiming to be the infinite source to is how nice they are? Honestly, to me, I don't even know how The Source could prove it was The Source to me. It could be lying 900 different ways from Tuesday. I would get zapped like Kirk every time.

LOL I can't see Eben getting zapped in the place he was at. Don't get me wrong I realize there are skeptics of higher beings intentions and there are higher beings that probably do things that aren't in our best interest sometimes. Just when you are talking about a light that is so bright and brilliant and perfect that is beyond words, which is otherworldly and emits sublime bliss and love which is the source of all creativity and love, it's hard to deny it's authority for lack of a better word. Maybe I need to be more skeptical, but you haven't experienced source and Eben has. Let's put it this way I have never heard of an NDE where the person comes back and said the source said some crazy things. Though I have heard some crazy NDE from Christians, but none of these crazy NDEs have source in it from what I remember.

Why do you trust what you have read on this topic? And where did you read it? I have studied Hinduism and Buddhism for years, and I still have no idea what enlightenment is. I find very much of worth within the core of Buddhist teachings- I find value in the 8-fold path's insistence on systematic ethical behavior motivated by compassion, wed to mindfullness- but what enlightenment might be is beyond me. What does it mean to you? I can't talk about what I can't understand.

It's not that I trust it with a capital T. But that I consider a lot of things to be plausible. I am an extremely open minded person, so yes I do tend to side on that of things being plausible than not. I can leave the pulse here and enjoy listening to Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris. And then read the Bible in a month from now, and then read about Sufism the next day. It's this open mindedness that has allowed me to grow so much.

I don't remember where I read it.

What is Enlightenment? Enlightenment (Bodhi) is a transformative experience through which the mind is enabled to see and understand the eternal Truth, Known as Dhamma (Dharma). Metaphorically speaking before Enlightenment, one is sleepwalking through life, then after enlightenment, one is Awake, and then can see things as they truly are.

An end to suffering is indeed what Buddhism promises. The focus on examination of attachments, and striving toward ethical behavior seem to be good things in and of themselves, and I am satisfied with that. Do these practices lead to an end of suffering? I am not a Bodhisattva or a Lama, I cannot say. Perhaps this is not the goal of those in the reality above this one either. We may possibly never know the actual goals within this lifetime.

Well I don't necessarily believe everything the Buddha taught either. For instance I believe it's likely plausible that the number one thing that causes suffering isn't attachment or desire, but rather ignorance for lack of knowledge into the nature of reality. And then unskilled desire cases suffering. Then of course the best way to manage ignorance is by gaining true knowledge, and in doing so you gain skilled use of desire.

Do you believe anyone here has the rightful authority and perspective to answer this question truthfully? I do not. 

I don't think anyone has the truth with a capital T, and neither do I, but I do believe we can look at and study plausible interpretations into the nature of reality and ending suffering, which is what I am looking for.

Other than that I like your mentality about reality in being skeptical, yet I do think like I said that we can speculate and come to likely plausible truths about reality which all helps in the overall goal of ending suffering I believe.
56  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 07, 2016, 09:42:41
This seems very unlikely to be true to me. Would you say the best place to learn about the way your computer hardware works is in a game world? Because that is a pretty close metaphor for the relationship between the greater reality and our current physical world. It feels very much like a kind of software.
No I don't think you understand the relationship between this physical world and the spiritual. Or perhaps even the relationship between our thoughts on this physical world. Correct me if I am wrong.

So I do think that the spiritual can be qualified with science. And here is in part how. Perhaps one can't fully understand the spiritual from in the game as you mentioned, but I believe that eventually science will find a way to make anyone astral project for instance at will. Most of those that have studied the spiritual and psychedelics know that even something as psychical as DMT will make you experience the spiritual that is outside of time and space as we know it. If you haven't seen the movie "DMT The Spirit Molecule" yet I urge you to check it out. So there is a direct link between the spiritual and physical here and I have no doubt that science will one day exploit this relationship between the physical and the spiritual deeply in the future. It's already being started with studies of psychedelics happening now.

Also a lot of people believe that when you take a breakthrough dose of a psychedelic that you go to the astral, but the psychedelic also gives you more layers and filters than you would normally have. I am one of those people that believe that.

So in your analogy about being inside of a game and not being able to understand the hardware I think it's kind of off. Since in real life you can move between the playing the game and looking at the hardware from the astral. In other words we aren't stuck here in the physical, and I believe science is the path to find out how to get out of this reality consistently. Psychedelics have been doing it since the dawn of civilization already, and in the coming age I believe we will eventually find the genes that control astral projection, right along with using nanobots to induce OBE's and astral projections.

Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't. Perhaps it is different for different people- that is what I would expect to be the case anyhow. Sometimes you are deceiving yourself, and sometimes you are seeing clearly. It seems like an NDE should be the same in this regard.

I don't think it's too far out there to say that becoming enlightened within this physical world like the Buddha seems to be a path to truth, yet it can only be attained within this physical life from what I've read.

So I guess my question to you is. What is the path to universal truth into the nature of reality, and an end to suffering with that in the long run? I know there has to be a way and I am trying to find it.

Would you know the source when you met it? How would you be sure it wasn't an imposter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnxvKJAv5Ik

When you meet the source, ask it if it wants a starship.
I would know the source because it is full of consciousness and radiates love. And it wouldn't say unreasonable things like asking for a starship. Source is also located in the upper realms.

Other than that I got to ask are there beings of light masquerading as messiahs in the afterlife?
57  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 07, 2016, 08:57:14
I am also theorizing that if Eben Alexander did in fact gain universal knowledge that is correct and if he died and remembered a lot of it. Then it would be two totally separate ways of gaining this knowledge. One would be direct contact with Eben if that was possible. Then there would be direct contact with the source itself. So in theory perhaps only the source can give true knowledge and anything that is second hand could be tainted. Since only the source could give true knowledge in the afterlife. I am just theorizing here.

Oh and two more people that gained universal knowledge from source in an NDE is Nanci Danison, and Howard Storm.
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 07, 2016, 08:43:29
Who can you trust?  It's simple really: Nobody.
Really, a part of me wants to say damn this is BS, and the other part of me says it was made this way for a reason.

This would help explain why we need to reincarnate so much. Since the physical seems like the best place to gain real knowledge into the nature of reality. Here we can do objective tests. And eventually I believe science will find spirituality and spirituality and science will merge. What I am trying to say here is that any real path to truth must have reincarnation to this physical dimension as a part of a plan to gain real universal knowledge, and in doing so an end to suffering since all suffering IMO is the lack of real universal objective truth. And it would seem that science is one of the best paths to find that universal knowledge and only by coming to the physical that we are able to gain this knowledge.

This also brings me to anther point which is, what about those people that have NDE's like Eben Alexander, and they go to heaven and they have universal knowledge downloaded into their minds. Eben said something like it would take one a life time to fully even start to grasp one of these universal concepts that he gained in the afterlife. It was so advanced that Eben couldn't even remember all the knowledge that he was able to gain in what he called "the core." A place of sublime bliss and love, with consciousness everywhere with a cosmic being that manifested to him as he God. This is not a phenomena that is unique to Eben Alexander either since it's in many NDEs.

What do you think, is even that universal knowledge attained at the height of the NDE experience tainted?

Thoughts?
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Who can you trust in the astral as a true source of real knowledge? on: January 06, 2016, 19:27:31
This seems like the type of question that is meant for experienced astral projectors. OK so we all know that our minds create and add filters and layers to what we see and experience in the afterlife/astral whatever you want to call it. So is there beings there that we can generally trust as having more true knowledge of the nature of reality? Generally I guess you could call these angels, beings of light, helpers, or whatever. Can I really trust them as having a better source of knowledge over some blow Joe in the afterlife? Or would my mind add layers of interpretation to even the highest of beings in the afterlife? Oh and if there is another way or better way of gaining true knowledge, universal knowledge, objective knowledge in the afterlife let me know. Perhaps the upper dimensions are a better source of real true knowledge.

I just question how I can get true objective universal or true knowledge in the afterlife. A place where the objective and subjective are mixed, and interpretation can skew the truth. Thoughts? Thanks.
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral projectors what songs remind you of the astral and why? on: December 22, 2015, 18:18:58
Let me add this song to the list. It reminds me of the spiritual for a few reasons. One of which this song is used in a DMT documentary. But also since it's done in a minor key but not too minor which makes for a great song that touches the heart.

High Skies - The World Forgotten
https://youtu.be/adN9dHMt4Fo

Then here is the DMT documentary that uses the song. It's a great documentary BTW.

DMT: Describing the Indescribable - A YouTube Documentary
https://youtu.be/Mk4w99vFHrc
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What is your favorite TV show? on: December 22, 2015, 01:42:52
Impractical Jokers
The Simpsons
The Carbonaro Effect
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Who is Frank Kepple? on: December 10, 2015, 09:01:54
Hi, I've been ghosting this website for about three years and just created an account.  I would like to know who this Frank Kepple guy is and does sell books on the topic of the Astral Plane?
Just curious what got you interested in astral projection?
63  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: What do the stars and energy on the board do? on: December 10, 2015, 08:59:40
I think I got 4 stars around 500 posts.
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Tom Campbell's birthday is today. on: December 09, 2015, 20:27:17
Today is the birthday of one of the astral projection stars of our time, Tom Campbell. Wish him a happy birthday on facebook if you can and show him some love.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.campbell.503645
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Strange mind on: December 03, 2015, 00:41:11
You may have consciously forgot it, your subconscious hasn't and to resolve the issues this action gave you, the subconscious brought it back. At that moment you may have been in a perfect position to reflect upon it. In doing so you'd have put it to bed.
It is something you'd never do too. Way back I guess you wondered why do that?
Subconscious surfacing of these thoughts is a good indicator you're mind is tidy. Stress may also be something you don't suffer from long term.
The mind is far more than we know of.
Yeah and then there is that aspect of it too.
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Strange mind on: December 02, 2015, 20:31:31
Your the only strange one here Astralsuzy.  evil grin

No but seriously I wouldn't worry about it. Of course the mind does strange things sometimes. That is what happens when your not connected with source. It's just a natural part of life. It's kind of like how we do things that have no real thought out cause, or reason behind it. Kind of reminds me of strange and weird dreams that we can get. But once you are perfected in both spirit and body these things will naturally go away I would think. Just my two cents.
67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: December 02, 2015, 17:55:06
And thanks to all you for chiming in making this a lively debate.
68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: December 02, 2015, 17:46:05
OK just to be clear in the recap, me, Stillwater, no_leaf_clover, Szaxx seem to agree that taking in refugees is a bad idea, and that helping them by some other means is best. While Xanth seems to be indirectly implying that we are fearful for not taking them into our country, even though we want to help them in their own country or similar countries. Then Astralsuzy seems to be indirectly implying that if we don't take them into our own country that we must hate them. BTW Astralsuzy yes I do realize that there are kind Muslims, but sometimes some bad apples spoil the rest.

Am I missing anything? Sorry to be so blunt, and to the point. That is just the way I am. grin
69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: December 02, 2015, 08:46:21
You're so caught up in your own FEAR... trying to illicit FEAR in others that you haven't even noticed that I haven't even BOTHERED to touch the subject of your posts... and I won't either, because they're filled with nothing but FEAR.

You still haven't bothered to actually read what you've written.  Sure, you typed it... but you didn't READ it.  Nothing but Fear.

Stop playing the Fear game Plasma, and you might actually see what's going on.  Until then, I think I'm done in this thread.  
Yes I did read my posts, and I admit that there is a thread of fear in my posts, and I don't see anything wrong with that since it's rooted in logic and sound reasoning. And I believe that you won't touch the subject of my posts at this point not because they are smothered in fear metaphorically speaking as you seem to be claiming, but because you don't want to look like bad at this point for not supporting our defense agencies like the police force and the military.

You can't hide behind the veil of spirituality to fool me into believing that it's not OK to use a little bit of fear rooted in reasoning to protect ourselves sometimes. I don't change my mind based off weak logic, and poor explanation.

I would like Szaxx to chime in here. I always trust him and he always has a good way of explaining things in terms I can understand.

Regardless of our differences Xanth you know I will always respect what you have done here at the pulse. Wink
70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: December 02, 2015, 07:37:01
Again... read what you JUST wrote.

If you have to use a little bit of fear to stop a lot of fear... you don't even realize you're doing it. 
THAT is how much you've allowed fear to rule your reality.
According to your logic we shouldn't have a military or police force then. I see where your logic is going. One word - Gullible.
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: December 01, 2015, 08:10:26
Read what you just wrote.  Read it VERY carefully.

Fear.
It's all about balance. There is not one person that is not biased. OK perhaps the Buddha if that is possible. But you get the idea. A little bit of fear here and there will go a long way in prevention of evil things. It's all about balance. Without a little bit of fear, were just a gullible idiot.
72  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: December 01, 2015, 08:07:34
Read what you just wrote.  Read it VERY carefully.

Fear.
I think you have lost your way slightly in your spiritual path. If I have to use a little bit of fear to prevent a lot of fear, then that is a good trade off. But for you, your no fear will bring more fear. Perhaps not to you, but to others who will receive the brunt of a bad idea of letting Syrian refugees over here. Try telling the rape victims to not fear them. Sorry to sound so blunt, but that is the harsh reality of this world.
73  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: November 30, 2015, 20:49:09
There is no case where helping people in need is the wrong thing to do.  NEVER.

The only reason you don't help when you can is because you've allowed FEAR into your heart and allowed it to blossom.
 shocked  Oh yeah why don't we go over there and help ISIS while were at it, and give them a home too?  Why not let the psychos and rapists out of prison? Where do you draw the line? Lastly did you even fully read the link I sent you?

Look I am all for helping these Syrian refugees. I think it's our duty to help. But that doesn't mean that we have to take them in over here. Our rape victims would go up dramatically if we took in any good sized amount of refugees. I'm just taking the side of the soldier that should know what their culture is like.
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. on: November 30, 2015, 02:00:46
This is what I'm talking about many Muslim cultures still has a lot of growing up to do compared to the rest of us.

ACTIVE DUTY SOLDIER’S Riveting Case Against Bringing Syrian Refugees To U.S. Goes Viral 100percentfedup.com/active-duty-soldiers-riveting-case-against-bringing-syrian-refugees-to-u-s-goes-viral/#
75  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Welcome new moderator, no_leaf_clover on: November 24, 2015, 22:15:03
Nah not so much.  Smiley

I'm here to help and if anybody needs anything feel free to PM.
Congrats no_leaf_clover. Now I got a quick question. When am I going to reach Nirvana? cheesy  grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25