The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 06, 2015, 13:58:31

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Astral Projection frome the waking state!!! Well need your opinion... on: March 02, 2015, 05:55:08
Good job Soki, it looks like your well on your way to becoming a good astral projector. My experiernce was very similar to yours. Though I havn't been practicing as much as you. I just got images here and there no dreams like you. But I will continue and see what happens. I was surpised that I felt so much like I was phasing, or just moving inward. Quite a feeling.
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral projection, vibrations and focusing the eye's upward? on: March 02, 2015, 04:06:45
I can rely to this feeling. I think it does the same mental movement than ''putting pressure upward'' on your etheric body. I can get kind of vibrations when I do that but it won't lead me to a full OOBE since I'm forcing my way out. It's exactly the same as looking up then you feel energetic sensations and it feels like you're pushing upward. I'm able to create this same feeling now just by moving my consciousness upward. Your eyes=your focus (consciousness). If you look at somehting you focus on the thing, you put your consciousness ''there''. So I think it's the same with your inner eyes it brings the focus there. I can stay in that place, at the beginning I was forcing and couldn't stay ''there''. But now I do it without my eyes and without pushing, so I don't get all the energetic feelings and it brings me really deep really fast. Try to do it without thinking about your eyes, remember the mental sensation and recreate the conciousness movement. You'll understand what I mean and maybe you will get to the same hypothesis than me! Another trick could be putting your attention towards the inner part of the top of your skull. It does pretty much the same thing but without forcing. And you can try the back of your head too. It's what I was doing a month ago to get to the trance state.
Thanks for that Soki. I did a thread here and I naturally ended up doing something like that when I tried to astral project earlier. And I got into a pretty deep trance as you call it. Though I was fully aware.

Here is the thread.
www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/i_might_have_been_close_to_astral_projection-t45628.0.html

Let me ask are you a proficient astral projector? Thanks.
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I might have been close to astral projection? on: March 02, 2015, 03:59:36
I forgot to mention that I was doing the mental thing in my other thread here about moving my eye's/attention upward. That seemed to help a bit. Also let me note that I felt like I got pretty far doing this but I just couldn't go through all the way and get out of body.
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I might have been close to astral projection? on: March 02, 2015, 03:51:41
My health has been doing much better from some new medications I am on. So I decided to try some astral projection. I wanted to use my nice blindfold that I had that needed some sowing. So I fixed it and sowed it up. Then I sat up on the couch with the blindfold on and looking into 3D blackness. I started to breathe deep, my heart rate got up. Though that may have been partially since I had a blanket over my head. That was in order to try to block as much light as possible. So I started to really feel like I could have slipped out of body. My head was moving backward ever so slowly, and I was very relaxed. I started seeing images here and there, but I just kept focusing the 3D blackness and feeling of being full. Like in a pool. Then I got some thoughts of dying. And I don't know if it was related to that video I saw that Xanth posted the other day but I wasn't thinking about the video until I got a feeling of dying.

The one thing that was obvious was that I was fully aware the whole time, yet very relaxed. I felt almost like I could have fallen out of my body into the astral backward.

Now mind you this was in the middle of the day, so perhaps I wasn't tired enough for it to work. I will continue to try to astral project though.

Any tips would be great, thanks.
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Astral projection, vibrations and focusing the eye's upward? on: March 02, 2015, 03:37:45
I suppose you don't know where that is at do you?
56  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Sunni's believe in astral projection. on: March 02, 2015, 00:43:32
Btw. we should not confuse Sunni (see thread title) and Sufi. It's not the same. Sunni and Shia are the two great official parts of Muslims in the world with their dogmatic and exoteric belief forms of Islam. They fight each other a lot. This sectarian struggle is the main reason for wars and conflicts within the Islamic world.

Sufis are the mystics and might be both or none of them.

Just googled this to explain: http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-sunni-and-sufi/

cool
I know that. I wasn't confused, but thanks for pointing it out anyway.
57  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Sunni's believe in astral projection. on: March 01, 2015, 22:39:19
According to this Sufi I talked with though astral projection is in their religion.
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: March 01, 2015, 22:33:17
Well I guess that just about answers all my questions for now. Thanks for you input BFP.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral projection, vibrations and focusing the eye's upward? on: March 01, 2015, 20:05:06
So I have noticed that when I have a hard time getting to sleep that if I just focus my eye's upward that it can not only help me get to sleep but also induce some kind of vibrations. Now I can both physically move my eye's upward or focus my inner eye's upward and get the same type of effect.

Do any of you have thoughts on how this might relate to astral projection?
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Sunni's believe in astral projection. on: March 01, 2015, 02:03:53
I didn't realize. I was talking to a Sufi at religious forums and he said that Sunni Muslims believe in astral projection. I was very surprised. Then he directed me to a forum for it. http://www.free-minds.org/forum/

Though Sunni's don't really practice astral projection since they just want to live materialistic lives I guess.

Have you guys heard about Sunni's believing in astral projection before? They would make for good recruits to the pulse here. Wink
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 28, 2015, 19:44:07
We got t a lot of questions of you BFP.  grin

You know I always thought it would be a great idea to use a moderate amount of a psychedelic to help one get psychically in touch with focus and intent to do a spell. Kind of like how shamans work. I know psychedelics have been used by witches to do spell-work. I am almost sure this would have to be a big tool in the witches arsenal. I bet even Abramelin has talked about this. Any thoughts on that BFP?

What do you think it is that "creates" your "thoughtform". 
Well what I typed there, will power, and desire by intent. I guess visualization can work too with it. Then according to BFP focus is very very important too.
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 28, 2015, 07:07:11
Intent is not enough, you have to create a powerful thoughtform
And I assume that is done with strong will power and desire?
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 28, 2015, 02:02:06
Thanks BTP for chiming in along with Xanth. Nice to see someone on that has some experience with this. BTW you wouldn't happen to know how I can reconcile Christianity with witchcraft would you?
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 27, 2015, 22:21:23
First, this physical reality is nothing but one of an infinite number of (for lack of a better word) "astral" realities.  You're ALWAYS in an "astral" reality.  Smiley
What do you think the "Law of Attraction" is?  Smiley
Of course that is one the first things I learned when I started really seeking spiritually.

The Law of Attraction is using your Intent to affect change in your reality (aka: Magick).

It works.  It definitely works.  Lots of people do it.  Most people don't realize they're doing it.  In fact, you do it on a, probably, hourly basis... this is the point of "Intent".

NOW... with that said.  What you need to concern yourself with is the Intent behind WHY you're doing this.  If you're of a high quality of consciousness, then this question doesn't really need to be asked, as you're going to operate from mostly Love-based choices to begin with.  For example, wanting "money" is all good and well... until you look at the Intent behind WHY you want it.  Do you want the money to help make your life easier?  Or do you want the money to help a loved one, say, get life saving surgery?  Do you understand how the "Intent" behind those two actions differ completely?

Or the other example you used... to get a girlfriend.  This one is tricky, because it depends on how you place the Intent.  Are you trying to manipulate some poor girl into falling in Love with you?  Or are you simply putting out the Intent for you to "stumble" upon someone whom you are compatible enough with in order to pursue a POTENTIAL relationship?  Do you see the difference between those two Intents?

Are you beginning to get an understanding of how the Intent behind the actions you make DEFINE those actions more than the actions themselves?
Given all that information I think I can make some really good spells. I would do it by writing down on a piece of paper what I want, then all the whys of why I want it for the greater good. Then rehearse it over and over and over again. Saying each word with meaning. And then once it's deeply embedded into my consciousness I can burn the paper and say a prayer. Then let it go into the hands of the universe. IDK I just made that up. What do you think?
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 27, 2015, 21:44:06
Can any of you attest to the power of strong intent to do something psychically and not in the astral? Of getting money or a girl friend or anything within reach for that matter?
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / How effective do you guys think magick and spells are? on: February 27, 2015, 19:50:25
Here and there I've thought about doing magick you know spells. I think it's a pretty cool idea. But I am skeptical as to how effective it really is. Anyone have experience with it or insight into spells? I know Xanth will say something like "it's all all in your intent." LOL Which I am wouldn't deny. Any thoughts?
67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 27, 2015, 05:12:24
I am a first class thread-derailer, apologies, Plasma!
Hey I remember getting beat up on this forum for doing that before by personalreality. I'm a cool guy though. I'll let it pass.  wink

Edit No wait I take that back I'll do it for you since I am ethical. LOL
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Reaching the Vibrations, Then What? on: February 27, 2015, 00:17:32
What do YOU think it means?  Smiley
Meaning our source isn't here that is why we are phased or projected into this reality frame. Meaning physical reality isn't our default place or being. If it where everyone would be in pure consciousness.
69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 26, 2015, 23:39:55
I'm of the opinion that as long as the proper mindset is there, then anyone should be able to end their physical lives whenever they want to.  There's no "penalty" for checking out early... like some people would have to believe.  There's only the lack of chance of spiritual growth... you can always continue it elsewhere.

The problem comes when you want to die for a selfish reason.  Not wanting to place unbearable pain upon yourself and those who love you dearly isn't a selfish reason.  A selfish reason would be you simply don't like the life you're living... well, the reason behind that belief is entirely your perspective and it means you have a lot of growing left to do, so in order to do that, you'll most likely be back here (or another supportive physical reality) in order to learn that lesson anyway.  So, selfish reasons for wanting to die don't, in themselves, cause any kind of penalty such as "you're going to hell"... that's just ridiculous and is a fear-based religious response, but you will have to learn the lesson (ie: change your perspective, change your reality) eventually, so you might as well just do it here.

I could probably write pages on this, but suffice to say that's the basic premise behind my position.  It's a (like most things I refer to) consciousness-based perception, not an individual, materialistic, physical-based one.

As for is it "ethical" or "moral" to do it... those are meaningless labels just like "good" and "evil".  There's only Love-based and Fear-based reasons for doing things... and they go back solely to within you.
Wow Xanth I wouldn't have expected you to take such a liberal stance on this. Good for you. I think that is some really out side of the box thinking there. I would say that between you and Stillwater I am more on your side. Though I have some reservations.

Other than that I would have rather have used the word ethical than moral. The word moral has too much baggage tied to it in religious ways. And I would argue that the word ethical is more of a love based word than one of fear at the root of it. Though they aren't interchange, in law and for all intents and purposes the word ethical would be more accepted than the term "love based decision".

Thanks for chiming in Xanth.
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Reaching the Vibrations, Then What? on: February 26, 2015, 22:10:46
Projection is so easy that you're doing it right this very second and you don't even realize it. 
What do you mean that he is projecting this very second and you don't realize it?
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 26, 2015, 21:50:36
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Personally am very close to Stillwater on this issue. I am very practical when it comes to this issue. If one's metal illness outweighs even that of their families love they should be given the choice to end their life. Belgium is such a Country that allows chronically depressed people can get a prescription from a doctor to end their life. And even kids can get a medication under certain circumstances. I think it's a good test that pushes our limits on what we think is ethically acceptable. They are like a test for the rest of the world.

In the end I have to even question myself and Stillwaters view that it's a matter of the pros out weighing the cons. Certainly society makes all kinds of decisions that are against other people's wishes and even their love for them which aren't unethical. Eg a son telling their father that they are gay and then the father disowns them. This can be just as bad as if the son committed suicide for the father. Why? Because we mostly think of our selves with our own choices, as independent and separated from others. But as soon as it comes to the choice of doctor assisted suicide we think this is our choice, and not their choice. I know it's a very tough subject even for me. I mean I wouldn't want my sibling to take their life as a young person out in the world if they had a metal illness. And yet how do we gauge their own personal mental suffering which is not ours? I feel like I am getting into philosophy now.

Hell if we could control being gay with a law how we control doctor assisted suicide with laws, then their would still be tons of laws against being gay I bet. And certainly being gay is just as much of a right as doctor assisted suicide, if not more. People can suffer much more in silence at the end of their life with their dignity being striped away than what a gay person would ever suffer throughout their lifetime.

Lastly let me point out that there was a guy that had a very very painful disease that he was a staunch supporter of no doctor assisted suicide. He was the one that went to congress to testify that their was no need for doctor assisted suicide. He did this for years. And at the end of his disease guess what, he changed his mind on this issue and thought that people should have this right. I wish I could remember his name. My guess is that his physical pain turned into a more mental suffering for him at the end and he just couldn't stand against doctor assisted suicide any longer. Most people that are against doctor assisted suicide once pushed will be for it. We must be considerate with true empathy for those that suffer, for the physical and mental suffering alike.

Lastly don't worry I am not depressed and I have no thoughts of ending my life anytime soon. Thanks to all you for chiming in again.
72  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Is it ever ethical for one to commit suicide? on: February 26, 2015, 07:50:41
Now I am a strong believer in ones right to die, especially if their terminally ill. So why did I post this? I want to get a gauge on what others think here. And hopefully provoke some thought.

I know many of you are a fan of Thomas Campbell so letís see what he has to say. I forwarded the link to the exact place I want to talk about, which is 4 minutes into the video.

Tom Campbell: To Be or Not To Be; The Question of Suicide
http://youtu.be/7GiLDuaDl4I?t=4m

Now interestingly in this video Thomas Campbell says straight out that itís ethical for one to commit suicide if they are terminally ill and they seek out Jack Kevorkian. Which would be illegal in many places. Along with Jack Kevorkian having gone to jail for helping people die who were suffering. I am not condoning anyone doing something illegal here. But what I am pointing out is that Tom Campbell is extremely liberal when it comes to one's right to die it seems.

So then Tom Campbell goes on to talk about a suicide by a young man that lead his mom to communicate to him and then help many others that are dealing with emotional suicidal thoughts.

He also talks in the video how emotional suicides are ultimately bad decisions. Which I mostly agree.

Now I am not advocating one taking their life if they are young, or have a mental illness. But I am advocating very careful consideration of the end of ones life about this issue. And if that means doctor assisted suicide (which is legal in some states), or more than that. Then I am here to try to break the taboo that is around this sensitive topic, and help people understand it better, while simultaneously asking you what your personal thoughts are on it. All thoughts are welcome.

So is suicide ever ethical for one to commit, it can be legal doctor assisted suicide or not? And if yes then under what conditions would it be ethical? I donít want peopleís minds to be burdened with what is legal or not, I want to see if I can provoke some truly unbiased thoughts on this issue here.
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Adyashanti - Projection on: February 25, 2015, 18:07:31
I know that I have been able to push up against that wall that he is talking about. I need to continue practicing.
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Adyashanti - Projection on: February 25, 2015, 08:16:53
If that is what it takes to consciously astral project no wonder it's so hard to consciously project.
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Adyashanti - Projection on: February 25, 2015, 06:30:05
That is what the Taoists call ru ding. It's this root fear of ego death that can happen in deep meditation. I learned that from Bruce Frantzis. And Bruce Frantzis learned it from an old Chinese enlightened master.

Edit Of course I am talking about what happened before the void of spaciousness. And thanks for sharing that Xanth.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18