The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 01, 2016, 08:36:29

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27
51  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Fueling the flames of ecstasy. on: April 07, 2016, 19:01:28
OK here is a dream I had about ecstasy and my breath that fueled it. OK it was like a hybrid dream since I had physical symptoms of ecstasy too. OK so in my dream I saw some sticks that we going to be kindled by some fire. And as I blew on the sticks to kindle the flame I felt ecstasy in my body get stronger. I call it ecstasy and not pleasure because it was beyond any mundane pleasures of life. It was ecstasy. And there was a direct correlation between when I exhaled on the fire and the ecstasy I felt as it intensified. Then it ended. I have had some pretty unique dreams in the past but this was on another level. I had some beer the day before so perhaps that had something to do with it. Anyway I hope that happens again it was a very spiritual experience IMO. And yes I physically felt this ecstasy in my body. There was a direct link between this dream/vision and what I felt in my body. It was a very interesting experience that I thought was worth posting.
52  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 28, 2016, 07:44:56
You know I gotta say that it's probably my Christian upbringing that has allowed me to seriously even consider marrying her. I was taught from a young age about sacrifice on earth and rewards in heaven. So that probably played a big role in this whole thing. And then from that foundation there our love was able to grow.
53  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 28, 2016, 07:23:55
How would you be able to judge that?  Also this is a totally western/capitalist way of looking at other people in society and would horrify people from some cultures in Asia, who recognize the divinity and inherent equalness in all other individuals regardless of their path in this life.
Well the best way to spend money in that way is to give it to charities that help schools for instance. Just giving money to poor people isn't a good idea since it can easily be spent on drugs, alcohol or cigarettes. That is why I prefer to give food to poor people than money.

Also in saying what I said I am still not denying their equality in the grand scheme of things. I am just saying that at this time in our society it would be best to not support someone who has a high probability of not becoming someone in life, so in my book children are first. Also that isn't to say that I would never help people that can't help themselves, just in at this time we have higher priorities. So yes I would rather give 100 dollars to someone that I know will buy some books food and clothing than to someone that will buy some drugs. But if we lived in a society where all we had left was drug addicts and people that couldn't do anything for themselves, then yes I would help them. It's all about prioritizing with the little money we do have to give right now.
54  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 28, 2016, 06:15:50
I have one question for you Plasma. Would you take something from yourself that you need, and give it to someone else to help them if they are in greater need and they are suffering, if the universal law was built in a way that there are no rewards in any shape or form, neither in a physical nor non-physical realities, and you know FOR SURE that you will receive nothing in return from the universe, but satisfaction that the person you helped is no longer in pain. 
Yes I would sacrifice it for them sometimes (depending on how much money I have) as long as I know that they are worthy of it. By worthy I mean that I know they aren't throwaways in society. Meaning as long as I know that they have a chance at making something out of their life then yes. And if I had more money then I would be more likely to give money to people that are less likely to become someone in life. I would become like a Bill Gates of some sort if I had that kind of money. I admire Bill Gates and what he has done. I admit that I need to focus more on the love and satisfaction for the money I do give to people (at least I think this I should focus on satisfaction). I think this thread has made me become much more aware of my emotions when I have helped her recently and helped gain more appreciation for the act of helping her. She has certainly expressed more appreciation for the help I gave her than anyone else, so that is a big plus in my book. I think even if she didn't have any kids though she would still love me for who I am.

I know where your going with this. But I think it matters to know the laws of reality to use it to your advantage the best you can.  wink
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 27, 2016, 16:30:31
Yes there is another option. Think for yourself. That's the reason you came to this reality in the first place. Your "true" lessons come from experiencing not from what others say. Your lessons come from your achievements, but also your failures. The good, bad and the ugly all have something important to teach.
Yes I couldn't agree more though sometimes it's best that we learn from others. I would be totally lost if it wasn't for the things that I learned outside of Christianity. So both are good, direct experience, and knowledge.
56  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 27, 2016, 16:18:20
When you love and marry a person, whoever she has in her Family, kids, crazy Uncle etc. becomes your Family. For better or worse till death do you part.
This isn't a topic about marriage anymore. This is a wider discussion about how the law of attraction really works.
57  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 27, 2016, 06:32:47
Let's break this down. So here are the options.

1. Give -> Expect Satisfaction -> Feel love/relieve suffering -> Gain Satisfaction

2. Give without any expectation -> Feel love/relieve suffering -> Gain Satisfaction (Note this is impossible, I tend to think one can't gain satisfaction without some expectation. Here is the definition for satisfaction - fulfillment of one's wishes, expectations, or needs, or the pleasure derived from this.)

3. Give -> Expect Satisfaction -> Feel love/relieve suffering -> Gain Satisfaction -> Delayed Afterlife Satisfaction/Or No Afterlife Satisfaction

4. Give without any expectation -> Feel love/relieve suffering -> Gain Satisfaction -> Delayed Afterlife Satisfaction/Or No Afterlife Satisfaction

EDIT: I will add this.
5. Give without any expectation -> Feel love/relieve suffering -> No Satisfaction But Felt Love.

Note I have a hard time believing in true free will for most humans.

So given these possibilities what is the preferred route to take? Or is there another route that is better than any of these?

Thanks for the help so far guys. Were getting down to the nuts and bolts so stick with me until we get this figured out.
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 27, 2016, 02:31:45
People marry for the right reasons not to get rewarded.   
Yes I agree and I wouldn't marry just to get rewarded either. I don't think I would. I think I mostly just want to get down to the bottom of this subject as a whole in general, not necessarily just to know if I will get rewarded for marrying.
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 27, 2016, 00:40:30
First, the Law of Attraction is not so black and white at all.
Second, your spirit changes according to the most true meaning of your thoughts and emotions, not your actions here in the physical. If your actions do not correspond with the motive, then they are meaningless for the expansion of consciousness.  For example, people usually make donations because they want to help someone and ease some sort of suffering. When the other person benefits from their help that will be their most satisfying reward. In this case there is synchronicity between action and motive. If someone donates, because they expect something in exchange other than the satisfaction of seeing someone happy, the spirit does not recognize the action as a positive deed.
You see, if you are shed of this physical body and you are in the non-physical environment, your true thoughts will create your experience. If they are not genuine, you will go no higher. There cant be anything in the middle, you either act out of pure desire to help someone, act out of love and compassion, or you are trying to buy a reward if your motive behind your action is not 100% genuine.
I never think of any sort of rewards when I help someone. I feel their pain. I cant possibly have a hidden motive except seeing them happy. Now on the other hand, will I marry someone for a reason other than true love, no matter of the situation? Absolutely not. That will not help the other person, if I am not giving 100% genuine love, affection and care
Think about it, how will you feel if someone tells you, I want to marry you, I have feelings for you, but I will also be guaranteed a place in heaven, because I am helping you.
So if that is true then we shouldn't expect anything for the law of attraction to work. We only express love and then love comes back. So the law of attraction doesn't work on specific things, it works on a more general bases of giving love and gaining satisfaction love back in seeing the good that you have done. And this is amplified through the fractals of our experience. I just had to put that end part in there. LOL

Even if one gives in order to get satisfaction out of the gratefulness and even love that they get back then even that would the same exact thing as expecting satisfaction in the afterlife. Only different is one is delayed satisfaction and the other is fulfilled soon or right after they give. Unless your saying that you shouldn't even get satisfaction from relieving suffering or bringing joy to others in order to raise consciousness. Or perhaps your saying that one shouldn't even expect satisfaction from relieving suffering or bringing joy to others to raise consciousness. I hope your following me on this. I think were starting to get down to the nuts and bolts of this topic now.

Thanks.
60  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 26, 2016, 03:11:49
This is a good point and this is the kind of subconscious stuff that trips us up.
So your implying and saying that in order for the reward to work we must believe we have it without expecting anything in return?
61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 26, 2016, 01:21:45
Is the hypothetical exchange you are describing generosity? It sounds more like a trade, or a purchase, if you really think about it.

OK forget about we are even talking about a women and marriage here. What about my original question I just asked, doesn't the law of attraction work for someone being generous, doesn't karma have any meaning. You's are confusing me. Does the law of attraction work or not and how does it work?
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 25, 2016, 21:52:39
I guess I am still a bit confused as I have been taught as we all have that in the law of attraction what you desire you get. So if I desire a reward for my generosity won't I get one? What gives?
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / I would like to recommend Leo Gura on YouTube. on: March 22, 2016, 17:16:34
I would like to recommend Leo Gura. He does pretty long detailed videos on YouTube about different topics. This is not your average guy, he is very smart, and he is very smart about a lot of subjects. Recently he has been saying a lot of positive things about meditation and why meditation is good. He is also very critical of his past views on rationalism, and mainstream scientific thought, as he himself use to be caught up into this type of thinking. He is all about self actualization. Now even though he doesn't necessarily believe in astral projection he is still very big on meditation, enlightenment, and he goes into great detail of why meditation is good and why it's so hard to gain real benefits through it. And of course he has his own website where he sells stuff, but he gives a lot of great videos on YouTube all the time.

This is his most recent video. Though I urge you to check out some of his other videos as they are very well done. Now I don't agree with everything he says but I would still recommend him.

Why Rationality Is WRONG! - A Critique Of Rationalism
https://youtu.be/iaV6S45AD1w

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgeicB5AuF3MyyUto0-M5Lw

How To Transform Your Life
https://youtu.be/2W6H8QKOIa8
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Exploring other dimensions - Alex Rosenthal and George Zaidan on: March 22, 2016, 03:39:15
I just watched that video by Jill Bolte. That was amazing. I can see why they allowed her to speak, though I can also see why she almost wasn't allowed to speak.
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Exploring other dimensions - Alex Rosenthal and George Zaidan on: March 22, 2016, 00:15:57
Nope.  Numbering dimensions in this manner makes as much sense as calling what you do every night "dreaming".
Beyond that... TED talks are scams.  They're only interested in teaching what THEY feel is "science".  I stay far away from them.
OK you are probably right about the astral not being the fourth dimension but TED isn't that bad. I agree that they have made some bad decisions in the past about what they should support, or should I say not support. But that is really taking a black and white point of view. I have heard plenty of good TED talks.
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Exploring other dimensions - Alex Rosenthal and George Zaidan on: March 21, 2016, 21:47:43
Is the astral the fourth dimension?

TED ED
Exploring other dimensions - Alex Rosenthal and George Zaidan
https://youtu.be/C6kn6nXMWF0
67  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I'm back On my Spiritual Path. Need Motivation. on: March 21, 2016, 07:02:12
Just try talking to some experienced astral projectors here. That is what I did. They won't turn you away. Wink
68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 21, 2016, 04:32:56
I kid you not, she called me superman a couple of times today, and it wasn't over money. I am teaching her how to be a better mother and women. And she is falling head over heels for me. LOL
69  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I'm back On my Spiritual Path. Need Motivation. on: March 18, 2016, 17:56:57
Hopefully this will inspire you.

Spiritual Reality - The Journey Within (Power of Meditation) [Full Movie]
https://youtu.be/fjh2UVqFzQU
70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 18, 2016, 03:48:47
You sound like you're trying really hard to convince yourself to do this...
Do what you want.  Perhaps you have to make a huge mistake in your life at this point... who knows.
I plan on seeing a psychologist to get more of a professional opinion.
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 17, 2016, 19:17:02
The other day after talking to her about her kids for a while she started crying because she saw how concerned I was for them.
72  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 17, 2016, 09:52:59
You know one of the main reasons I am even considering to help her is that I see a part of herself in my own struggle in life and especially in the past. I see it as a spiritual thing. I have been helped so much spiritually and I feel like if I can help her that I would be like a savior of some sort for her.
73  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 15, 2016, 19:09:36
Love is love... damn the rewards.  If you have to think about it, it's probably not love.  Wink
Xanth do you give money to poor people on the street when they ask for it?
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 14, 2016, 17:37:26
Thanks for everyone that has posted a reply. Wouldn't it be correct to say that love without some risk to reward thinking can leave one susceptible to being gullible, and taken advantage of, while purely helping those in need just because you want a reward seems very empty and bad for us to lower our entropy? In reality I tend to think most people including myself take a middle ground between these two extremes. Is there anything wrong with that line of thinking?
75  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Does marrying a divoiced women with 3 kids have spiritual benefits? on: March 13, 2016, 22:31:59
Ask yourself if it is the best thing for all five people involved in this equation. If it isn't, then the choice is simple.
If only it was so black and white. Perhaps one day I will see the situation better. As of now I am not going to marry her, but just learn more about her.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 27