The Astral Pulse
News: Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 24, 2018, 13:24:26

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
1  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Hypnosis produces paranormal feats on: March 21, 2018, 14:22:56
I recently heard of a hypnotist who used a subject from the audience to do something "impossible". The setup involved convincing the subject that his daughter was not in the room. We are to believe that the subject was not capable of perceiving his daughters presence in the room. The hypnotist then has the subject read inscriptions off their watch - through the body of the daughter whom they cannot see.

The idea is that with sufficient convincing of a certain fact our minds will decode information that isn't part of our physical senses and incorporate that into a consistent world view experience.

Anyone ever heard of or seen this applied?

Can we explain how it might work conceptually?

Hypnosis opens a direct communication path to the subconscious.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Looking for an opinion. on: March 20, 2018, 11:15:36

Thanks for reading this far! Thoughts? I understand some things may sound controversial and I'm not trying to force it on anybody, so be gentle. And also to fully cover my thought at the end would require much more writing, but I'm not sure if anybody would even read that here.

If you haven't read Seth books (Jane Roberts) you might want to try it, or at least browse one of the multiple summaries of Seth's teachings you can find on the internet.

Our inner selves create our realities both here, in the physical, and in the non-physical (dream world and afterlife). The non-physical is instantaneously thought responsive. The physical is thought responsive as well, but because of the space and time dimensions (they don't exist in the non-physical), the response is much slower, allowing us to learn to master our thoughts. This learning is the main reason for our incarnation here.

To give suggestions to your subconscious, use self hypnosis.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018 on: March 19, 2018, 10:12:11
Last night I got up and stayed up for 25-30 mins. I then went back to sleep. The first two times I tried cycling and nothing worked. By the fourth/fifth time, I was fully awakened.

I thought that Raduga advised "cycling" immediately after you awake, before making any physical move.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018 on: March 14, 2018, 13:26:47
Each and every one of have our own "internal clocks". I see you are using affirmations. I wonder some time if people just go through the action of just thinking a quick mental affirmation or if they really put "effort" into it. There is a difference. Just saying mentally saying without feeling, is going to have you go back to sleep no matter what clock is used to awaken you. Thinking and focusing on it with real meaning, purpose and emotion will have you staying awake.
 When I use a affirmation, I visualize the letters in the chosen affirmation as well. I spend a bit more time on my chosen focus, then just going through the motions. I notice there is a big difference between going through the motions of just saying "I will be aware in my Dreams" and really "believing it" and putting a charge into it.

For affirmations to work, you have to firstly open a communication path with your subconscious, then formulate your suggestion. For opening a path, the quickest and most reliable method is self hypnosis, in my experience.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Does anyone had constant success with phasing? on: March 11, 2018, 05:14:32
Right. I understand what phasing is/means but i was curious what was meant by the classical obe.? Thank you.

obe = getting OUT OF your physical BODY experience; this is from a physical point of view

phasing = FOCUS shift, you get out of phase with the physical, and in phase with a non-physical range; this is from a non-physical point of view
6  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: 3rd eye repetition Good or Bad on: March 10, 2018, 13:33:32
Trance- 1.a half-conscious state characterized by an absence of response to external stimuli, typically as induced by hypnosis or entered by a medium:

Yes, but we normally don't use that word here because it is just another "label" and you know how the folks here at the Astral pulse dislike labels!  grin That's why I prefer a different label "no ordinary states of consciousness". That pretty well wraps it all together into one nice bundle!  smiley

okay ... Let's call it a dog state. I love dogs.  smiley
7  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: 3rd eye repetition Good or Bad on: March 10, 2018, 02:13:23
When using ones 3rd eye to visualize a better future does repetition help or hinder the process?
In essence does the repetition become meaningless after X number?

If I understand you correctly, your question is specifically about getting yourself a better future using a 3rd eye visualization method.

This pertains to us being the creators of our reality, which some call it the Law of Attraction.

The basic idea is that each one of us creates their own reality through their thoughts. This applies to our physical reality, to our dream reality, to our astral projection reality, to our afterlife reality, but in the physical, due to the space-time, this creation happens at a slower rate, allowing us to practice and improve our creator skills.

Your subconscious creates your reality based on your beliefs and expectations. If you want to create a certain reality, inside the limitations imposed by the laws that govern the physical, you have to communicate that to your subconscious, and to allow it to happen, unhindered by your beliefs, expectations, fears, doubts, etc..

To do that you have to open a communication path from your conscious to your subconscious, in other words, to enter a trance state, then give the desired suggestion. There are many methods people use to do it. Some use chemicals, some use rituals, religious or not, some use all kind of other "procedures". Most, maybe all, the non-chemical methods try to induce a hypnotic trance, even if their practitioners don't understand that.

In your case, the 3rd eye visualization of a better, desired, future, you try to get into trance by concentrating on your frontal lobe, increasing its activity, and give a suggestion to your subconscious through visualization. Doing this mechanically, most likely, won't succeed, because you don't firstly get into trance and then give the suggestion.

Repeating it many times, both when you do it, and doing it repeatedly, increases the chance to hit a better condition, and get your suggestion through, but it doesn't guarantee it.

A better approach is to get firstly into trance, then, while there, to give your suggestion. It isn't necessary to repeat the suggestion neither at that moment, nor to repeat the process. You can repeat it, but it isn't required, and it doesn't improve the odds.

What you also need to be aware of is that your beliefs and expectations might work against your desired outcome. You may want something, but you don't believe that you'll get it. You may want it, but you focus too much on the fact that you don't have it yet.

Basically, your subconscious creates your reality from ALL your thoughts, ALL the time, not only those you have when you do your visualization exercise. It may be that, when you visualize, you start approaching your target, but during the rest of the day your conscious, and unconscious, thoughts push your target away.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Projecting Fast on: March 09, 2018, 09:56:21
As I wrote:
See: "How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain: The New Science of Transformation" by Andrew B. Newberg and Mark Robert Waldman.
It is available in epub format too.

The authors present their research, conclusions, and ways to do it. Don't discount it before you read it. Here there is Bob Peterson's review of the book.

Progress means to do something better than you or others did it.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Projecting Fast on: March 09, 2018, 02:51:38
Also why straight awake to obe success has such a link to meditation.  More advanced you are at meditation more quickly you can change your brain waves, and more control you have over them.

There are studies that show that what you accomplish with one hour of meditation, in the field of enlightenment, trance, you can accomplish in a few minutes with a quick drop in frontal and parietal lobes activity.

See: "How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain: The New Science of Transformation" by Andrew B. Newberg and Mark Robert Waldman.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018 on: March 09, 2018, 02:41:29
Would I be better off doing it with visualizations? I don' know how I would be able for example try flying in the physical. Could you describe how you would attempt flying (or morphing into another person)?

Will yourself up, with the expectation to happen. Mentally prepare to lift off. It isn't about visualization here, it is about feeling and expectation.

Once you did it during a projection, or a dream, you'll know the feeling. It might be a little like when you dived in water, to the bottom, and you feel lighter, floating toward the surface.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Drayton Manifest Technique (My New Method) on: March 08, 2018, 01:52:34
yeah, I would like to try this method but I'm wary of these warnings about doing too much of this breathing. Does anyone know what the supposed negative effects are meant to be? Some cursory googling reveals a bunch of stuff but who knows what to believe.
Maybe the "risk" is that you project! And dr. Weil doesn't want you to do that, because he wants you to wake up.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Re-trying obe4u techniques 2018 on: March 07, 2018, 02:16:41
I wanted to also know how to know the difference between the NP and physical? The reason I'm asking is that I don't notice (especially during a dream state) when I'm in the NP. When I've had lucid dreams I've felt like I'm controlling it 80-85% of the time at the most. I also want to know what type of signs I can tell myself (or notice) when I'm in the NP. The reason I'm asking is that I know the NP is / can be virtually like the physical when it comes to senses / perceptions etc...

Two suggestions:
1. Try to do things that yo can't do in the physical, like flying.
2. Try to remember how you got in the situation you are. You probably won't if you're dreaming.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: March 01, 2018, 04:42:46
Indeed. In contemplating the possible, it doesn't hurt to remember the known!

If you can't laugh at the death of a man who would laugh at his own death...

That wasn't about laughing at death. It was a negligent remark about a man who had a special contribution in his field, and whose memory deserves respect.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: March 01, 2018, 04:40:10
Seemed like a statement of fact, to me.

wiktionary: sleep with the fishes

(idiomatic) To be killed and have one's body disposed of in the sea or other body of water.

Usage notes:
  • Probably the earliest usage of a similar phrase occurs in the epic Greek poem, The Iliad by Homer. In Book 21, Achilles slays Lykaon, a son of Priam, and throws him in a river. Achilles taunts him as he dies, saying "Lie there now among the fish..." (Lattimore translation) or, "Make your bed with the fishes now..." (Fagles translation). In other words, sleep with the fishes.
  • A similar usage can also be found in Herman Melville's Moby willy, wherein the second mate Stubb soliloquizes: "when Aquarius, or the Water-bearer, pours out his whole deluge and drowns us; and to wind up with Pisces, or the Fishes, we sleep." (Melville, Moby willy, ch. 94).
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: February 28, 2018, 05:01:37
Robert Monroe sleeps wid da fishes.
I don't think you're funny. It's a matter of taste.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Drayton Manifest Technique (My New Method) on: February 28, 2018, 04:27:14
I've seen the 4-7-8 breathing promoted by dr Weil. Breath in through your nose for a count of 4, hold in for a count of 7, breath out through your mouth with a noisy "whoosh" for a count of 8. The speed is less important; the ratio is important.

As many other "techniques", this is another one that tries to induce a trance state through self hypnosis. Obviously the aura of Eastern mysticism (push your tip of your tongue behind your upper teeth) distracts, and the "whoosh" is counterproductive to achieving the trance. There is also an ominous "don't do more than 4 consecutive cycles!" warning.

The meat of this technique is to firstly raise your frontal lobe activity, by focusing and generating a tension, then brusquely lower your frontal lobe activity, by switching to relaxation. This two step process is the one that induces a trance conducive to psychic phenomena (as some neuroscientists found out).
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Non-Physical Personality/Awareness/Character on: February 17, 2018, 05:57:53
Quote from Seth-Roberts:

• "The life of any given individual could be legitimately compared to the dream of an entity While the
    individual suffers and enjoys his given number of years, these years are but a flash to the entity The entity
    is concerned with them in the same way that you are concerned with your dreams. As you give inner
    purpose and organization to your dreams, and as you obtain insight and satisfaction from them, though they
    involve only a portion of your life, so the entity to some extent directs and gives purpose and organization
    to his personalities. So does the entity obtain insights and satisfactions from its existing personalities,
    although no one of them takes up all of its attention."
18  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Bob Peterson's great book reviews on: February 10, 2018, 08:52:37
I really enjoy Bob Petersons's book reviews, on his blog:

With so many authors and so little time, Bob's reviews can give you a better feeling what might interest you.

Thanks Bob!

19  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: February 07, 2018, 03:33:18
I've been giving quite a bit of thought to the NP personality of late. Specifically of its awareness.

In my latest simulation with the dream characters who were coming to get me, my first response about having a mirror was totally NP. I had no idea I was going to say that, or even that I had a mirror. My second response where I put my hand through the wall - I'd say that was my lucid self emerging and merging with my NP self. And the third response where I tried to put myself into and through a character was very characteristic of my lucid self.

So perhaps the balance was tipping from my NP self to my lucid self. The more lucid I got, the less likely I was of staying in the dream. Hmmm.

I wonder: Is the NP personality self-aware? Is that even possible? I think so, but it requires a lucidity that isn't how we would normally understand lucidity.

It kind of hurts my brain to think about it. Perhaps I'll start a separate thread about it as I'd love some input and feedback from other experiencers.

Interesting thoughts.

I'm of the opinion that my non-physical is more self-aware than I am. It is actually like I am one of his many dreams. For him to become lucid in his dream, that is my life, would be when I know that I am his dream. It is exactly as when I am getting lucid in my dream.

Him becoming lucid would help me taylor his dream, my life, using his knowledge and his intentions.
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Willpower's role in AP on: February 05, 2018, 09:50:21

You stating that if you look outside and see a squirrel in the garden that the squirrel being there is a 1.  But how can you prove this?  Is it not possible that you could be hallucinating the squirrel.  Well maybe then you ask someone else and they say yeah I see the squirrel, how do you know you are not hallucinating them as well.  Every theory and every law is based on an assumption.  The less assumptions and more solid your assumptions appear, the better the theory.  But everything starts with a belief that cannot be proved, it must be assumed.  Even the most basic things such as that we exist cannot actually be proven, and have been tackled and questioned by many philosphers over the years.

Sorry if this is not making any sense, it is not the easiest thing to explain.  Basically it boils down to people thinking things are 1, like a squirrel you see in your backyard being real when really it isn't a 1 it is a .9999999999, we just don't like to admit to the fact that the world has uncertainty and so we ignore it.  Everything starts with belief, It makes sense I exist and so I believe I exist even though I can't actually prove I do and from there I can explain things as facts, but really the facts are always based on some sort of assumption.

About your first point on letting go of belief such as Santa Claus being real.  Yes I let go of beliefs, but they are replaced by other beliefs.  You aren't eliminating belief in your life, you simply are replacing something you no longer believe is true with something you either believe is true or believe might be true.

May I ask: what's your point?
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Willpower's role in AP on: January 31, 2018, 08:28:05
As in many other cases, the need for willpower is widely stated, but misunderstood and misapplied, hence not fully effective. People embrace slogans like "1% inspiration, 99% perspiration", "no pain, no gain", "just do it", etc., all concentrating on doing, on action, while success is actually brought primarily by thoughts, beliefs, and focus.

In astral projection your will is very important, but not in the sense of willpower, but in the sense of wanting it, not fearing it, while moving your focus away from physical (including your body), and opening a pathway to your subconscious.
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Insidious movie Creature on: January 26, 2018, 06:35:17
If each one of us creates our own reality, and every thought, fear, hidden belief matters, then we create our own monsters.
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The FLOAT Experience on: January 21, 2018, 03:14:32
people have deemed it so unrealistic that it makes people like me who want it, hard to become, now getting the abilities of the human mind I mentioned shouldn't be hard to achieve with the higher self that has already achieved it, and merging with that self, it is said merging with your higher self changes you drastically and that's why I started to pursue it to become the person I wanted to be, but atlas I have to do/achieve something in this world first in order for it to even want to acknowledge me, but I don't know where to even start, there is no other personal things need achieving in my life outside of getting my 6 finished books published.

You don't need to accomplish anything here to be acknowledged by your higher self. You just need to start opening a communication pathway, from this side, and the rest will be take care of by your higher self.

Try this:

ABRAHAM: Ask to speak to those who come forth from where your Inner
Being is. That is always best. Ask to speak with those of your "Family", you see.

QUESTION: Is there some control that I need to learn, to release?

ABRAHAM: It is a matter of quieting your mind and stating your intent
clearly, and as you are receiving it, you will get better and better at it.

QUESTION: Should I speak out when there is no one else to hear it. When I
am just meditating by myself?

ABRAHAM: Oh, indeed. The more the better. The more you are receiving, the
more you will trust.

QUESTION: Should I speak my questions out loud?

ABRAHAM: Indeed. For the benefit of those who are wanting it, let us talk
about the process for the opening of this passageway. Do not worry, if you are
not wanting it, you will not get it. It is not something that will be thrust upon you
if it is not something that you are wanting.

Now, as with all creation, want it and allow it and it is. Want it and allow it
and it is. And so, as you are wanting the opening of the passageway, you have
done most of it.

The allowing is what we are offering the process of meditation for. When we
use the label, "meditation," what we are meaning is this: Setting a time aside in
your physical world that you may quiet the physical so you may sense the inner.
And the process is one of just sitting quietly and being.

Now you say, "We are always being. How can we not be?" Well, when we say
"be," we mean, don't try to make anything else happen. Sit quietly, and don't
think of anything. Well, as soon as we say, "Don't think of anything," you think
of not thinking of anything. But what you must do is quiet your mind and a good
way is to focus upon something that does not require much conscious thought.

Something such as your breathing. As you will allow the air to go out and come
in, and as you will be aware of it, and as you will let your thoughts drift toward
that, very soon, perhaps even in the first sitting, you will find yourself with a sort
of tingling sensation. You will find yourself, perhaps, even numb. As you are
feeling that sensation of numbing, know that it is a signal to you, from your
Inner Being, that you have achieved the quieting of the physical so that you may
now sense the inner. As you are upon that plateau of numbness, as you think a
thought, it will go away, as you release the thought and quiet your mind, it (the
numbness) will come back, and as you are able to move up and down upon this,
soon you will get very good at being at that place, and once you are consistently
achieving that, you are in the state of allowing.

Now, as you are in the state of allowing, your work is done. Your Inner Being
will do the rest.

And as you are feeling some tingling here and a sensation there, those
sensations are an indication to you that your Inner Being is working upon the
opening of your passageway, or aligning your Energies. And when you receive
movement, you are open.

Now, once you are open, it is not necessary that you sit in a state of
meditation to receive. Once you are open, you may receive, any time you are
wanting, by setting forth the intent, "I intend to receive," you see?

The meditation is a process for opening the passageway. Beyond that, we are
not seeing it as important, unless you are using it for other things.

(from "A New Beginning I", pages 165-167, Q&A)

24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Willpower's role in AP on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:28
OBE may be used for entertainment. Meditation may be done for various reasons.

If one wants to make most of such activities, one should try to open a communication pathway to their higher / inner self.

I recommend "A New Beginning" by Abraham-Hicks. Very thought provoking, and more. Seth-Roberts books are great too; they're a lot to read, a little less readable, but cover much more.
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: your Beneficial Beliefs list on: January 15, 2018, 02:49:30
"you know nothing, Jon Snow" ... Smiley

Everything you perceive is your perception.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7