The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 18, 2017, 21:21:57

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
1  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Reconciling non-physical models on: October 13, 2017, 03:13:42
I wonder if anybody has an opinion about reconciling the non-physical model described by Monroe, Kepple, Moen, and others, which describes focus levels, belief territories, and especially retrievals, with the model described by Newton, Weiss, Goldberg, and others, which describes a more direct transition into afterlife, with elder councils, and a more educationally structured environment.

Thanks.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Pulse Island! / Re: Infinite knowledge on the astral plane? on: October 04, 2017, 06:50:11
I think it is a misnomer when people say there is no time in the astral reality. We can look back through a database of previous reality states or look forward at uncertain predictions of the future, but there is no fundamental time travel happening there. I think it is more like the hyperbolic time chamber from Dragonball. Sometimes during near death experiences time appears to slow down as we enter an altered state of consciousness. Who knows what the difference in scale is between one second in this reality and one second in those other realities. Some people say thousands of years each night, it could be millions or billions. At those scales I guess it is fair to say that time is effectively non existent since you can get most practical things done.

Suppose you could perform a dream lesson and try to learn a lot in a single night, what would the recall be like? Most of us quickly forget our dreams after waking. Actually memories of dreams return when dreaming, almost like a separate memory database. Robert Bruce in the Astral Dynamics book talks about a memory transfer that occurs during the waking process that is necessary for dream recall. It is a period of time where the information in our "astral brain" is transferred to the physical data storage of the human brain. I feel like it would take some exceptional talent to successfully recall a serious night of astral learning. I wonder if anyone has ever pulled it off.

I think that the "no time in nonphysical" refers to what is observed during past life regressions: no matter from what past life you die, you pass into the same point in afterlife (your current nonphysical projection). It isn't like you spend segments of time in the afterlife interleaved with the segments you spend in physical. That's why some say that we live all past lives at the same time, and that our concept of linear time in physical is just our perception. Some authors claim that our incarnations don't even happen in the same chronological order as they appear in physical, but it may be that your previous incarnation, relative to your current one, might have been 2000 years ago, while the more recent incarnation, time wise, might have been 100 incarnations ago. If you read Robert Monroe, he wrote about meeting, in nonphysical, an incarnation of himself from the chronological future, so a previous incarnation that didn't yet happen in physical, as we perceive it.

All these are well beyond what I read from Robert Bruce. But it's true that I didn't pay attention to his ideas for a while.  wink
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Back At It & Hurdles To Work Through on: October 02, 2017, 20:21:30
That makes somewhat sense. I need to be more specific then just, What new sensations can I experience tonight?

LOL.... How do I do this? I don't know what I should be putting my energy towards.

For example  a mantra... "I will have a full separation" or something like "I will go out of body"??
I suggest you ask yourself: "if I could project at will, what would I want to do with this skill?". Then work at acquiring the projection skill with the loftier goal in mind!
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Back At It & Hurdles To Work Through on: October 02, 2017, 19:35:56
What do you mean by difference in motivation?

I want to experience a full separation sooo bad, but maybe I need to shift my focus?
Maybe I am wanting it to bad??? 
For instance, when I started reading about astral projection, and when I had my first projections after I read William Buhlman's first book, I was strongly motivated to find out if there is something after death.

I think that just curiosity, or desire to learn a trick, might not be motivating enough anymore for your subconscious to make the leap. They were in the beginning, but now you might need to work toward a higher goal in order to progress.

Astral projection, is a tool, a mean toward something else.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Back At It & Hurdles To Work Through on: October 02, 2017, 17:46:06
Maybe one reason for having less success lately is the difference in motivation between when you started and now. If you make clear plans, in which you put a lot of desire, hope, curiosity, those will help you go over the hump.

The other avenue would be to move to a different approach to projecting like Monroe's hemi-sync, Frank Kepple's phasing, self-hypnosis, lucid dreaming, etc..
6  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: September 29, 2017, 16:10:42
Giving respect and recognition for the lives given to our support is all that is required.  ...

Does all that include those who voted against your political views? I doubt it.

If there were an intelligent design, all this is what it is supposed to be. Why would a super intelligent and all powerful entity design something poorly then let it chaotically evolve? There are some blatant contradictions there.
7  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: September 26, 2017, 21:52:32
Vegetarianism

Question:
Buddhists should be vegetarians, shouldn't they?

Answer:
Not necessarily. The Buddha was not a vegetarian. He did not teach his disciples to be vegetarians and even today, there are many good Buddhists who are not vegetarians.

Question:
But if you eat meat you are indirectly responsible for the death of a creature. Isn't that breaking the first precept?

Answer:
It is true that when you eat meat, you are indirectly and partially responsible for killing a creature but the same is true when you eat vegetables. The farmer has to spray his crop with insecticides and poisons so that the vegetables arrive on your dinner plates without holes in them. And once again, animals have been killed to provide the leather for your belt or handbag, oil for the soap you use and a thousand other products as well. It is impossible to live without, in some way, being indirectly responsible for the death of some other beings, and this is just another example of the First Noble Truth, ordinary existence is suffering and unsatisfactory. When you take the First Precept, you try to avoid being directly responsible for killing beings.

Question:
Mahayana Buddhists don't eat meat.

Answer:
That is not correct. Mahayana Buddhism in China laid great stress on being vegetarian but both the monks and laymen/laywomen of the Mahayana tradition in Japan and Tibet usually eat meat.

Question:
But I still think that a Buddhist should be vegetarian.

Answer:
If there was a person who was a very strict vegetarian but who was selfish, dishonest and mean, and another person who was not a vegetarian but who was thoughtful to others, honest, generous and kind, which of these two would be the better Buddhist?

Question:
The person who was honest and kind.

Answer:
Why?

Question:
Because such a person obviously has a good heart.

Answer:
Exactly. One who eats meat can have a pure heart just as one who does not eat meat can have an impure heart. In the Buddha's teachings, the important thing is the quality of your heart, not the contents of your diet. Many Buddhists take great care never to eat meat but they are not concerned about being selfish, dishonest, cruel or jealous. They change their diet which is easy to do, while neglecting to change their hearts which is a difficult thing to do. So whether you are a vegetarian or not, remember that the purification of the mind is the most important thing in Buddhism.
8  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Dreaming focus levels? on: September 25, 2017, 19:26:13
I wonder if there is a focus level in Monroe's nomenclature for regular dreaming. Or maybe an "unfocused" level?  smiley

On another board, somebody asked if it were possible to be pulled out of his dream into lucidity by a helper who has already projected. This made me wonder, if soul retrieval of (dead) souls lost in focus 23 is possible, it might be possible to retrieve (live) souls lost on a regular dream level of the consciousness dimension, and awake them into lucidity.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of Frank Kepple? on: September 24, 2017, 01:46:21
I've seen a few cases (on other boards) of knowledgeable people who spent a huge amount of time sharing what they knew, patiently and tirelessly teaching and helping everybody, getting trolled and disrespected, until eventually they got fed up, and abruptly left, never to return.

It might be Frank's case too.
10  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Lucid dreaming's the way? on: September 20, 2017, 06:42:42
I have read Monroe's work and others and its most reoccurring that people get stuck in loops due to emotions and/or awareness. Being emotionally attached to something, like not being able to tell someone goodbye actually gets quite a few people, but usually its a worry over an unresolved issue in their eyes. And then there is emotion of fear that keeps people stuck. There are other cases where the person was mentally and/or spiritually asleep through their life living by habit so when they pass they get stuck in a habit loop doing something the did constantly in life. There are a few other reasons such as ingrained beliefs religious or other and the like but over all I think the majority is awareness and/or emotions.

What surprised DeMarco, and me too, was that his friend was a person with a lot of spiritual preoccupations, experience, TMI training, and still she was in a confused, dreamlike state, after her death, stuck in focus 23. It's like when you dream at night, and in your dreams have no memory of your awake being, and your critical part of the brain is almost totally out.

In my experience, when you regress to a life between lives you remain pretty aware, and it is as actually you wake up from a dream. This might actually be your Higher Self that incarnated in you, while the dreaming like part might be a non-physical "body" related only to that specific incarnation.

I don't really have a theory about this discrepancy, and I haven't experienced first hand retrievals, or navigated the various planes associated with Monroe's focus levels.

The few contacts with deceased family members (during lucid dreams, and obe's) were kind of normal, they all behaved like they were alive, continuing their regular lives, and they were confused when I asked questions about afterlife.
11  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Lucid dreaming's the way? on: September 20, 2017, 02:36:22
From the time I've begun experimenting with altered states of consciousness, I kind of favored those that allow transitioning directly from the awake state, because of the feeling of better control over the process.

I think that some of these experiences are more suited for certain purposes than others.

Recently I read "Muddy Tracks" by Frank DeMarco, and I was a little surprised, as the author was too, to learn that one of his closer friends, also well trained (TMI) and versed in non-physical experiences, after passing on, got caught in the dreamlike trap of Focus 23. DeMarco had to perform a retrieval of his friend to Focus 27.

Also, recently I read a couple of books about dream and sleep yoga, and listened to a handful of interviews with Andrew Holecek.

Last night, while in hypnotic trance, I received a message that if I want to ease my transition after death I should better dust off and polish my lucid dreaming skills, because quite often the death may surprise us, we may not be able to recognize it, and end up in a dreamlike loop of our final moments, or worse, in Focus 23.
12  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Reincarnation theories. What to make of them. on: September 18, 2017, 05:59:12
Could you give us a flavour of the «little things» so that we could be tempted to read this book too. Thanks smiley

smiley I don't know if the things that resonated with me would resonate with others. One of the most striking for me was how the author described regression experiences, when you become aware of information that nobody told you, without visualizing anything, you just know it suddenly. I also found very informative the detailed descriptions of how the author experienced 3 courses he attended at The Monroe Institute. I found there some states I experienced too. Overall I found the book interesting and sincere.
13  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Reincarnation theories. What to make of them. on: September 18, 2017, 01:10:33
I just finished reading Frank Demarco's "Muddy Tracks", his first "nonfiction" book. I really enjoyed it. In this book I discovered several little things I experienced myself, which on one side validated once more some of my experiences, on the other side gave more credibility to the author's experiences.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral Projection Guide - free Android app on: September 17, 2017, 17:35:00
Have you tried it? Impressions?
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of Frank Kepple? on: September 16, 2017, 20:20:31
The four issues of Frank Kepple's newsletter, where you can find his final views on the subject:

http://www.imged.org/72/issue1_21_may_2005.txt
http://www.imged.org/72/issue2_15_june_2005.txt
http://www.imged.org/72/issue3_01_july_2005.txt
http://www.imged.org/72/issue4_16_july_2005.txt

The Frank Kepple Resource:

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

The Multiverse Foci:

http://focus-4.es.tl/WELCOME.htm

Frank K Practical Guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aytbhjRRgmbIFRe3pb8yw9NWh88Ra_mjJZWO3fafbw0/edit?pli=1
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of Frank Kepple? on: September 16, 2017, 19:33:07
Although Frank Kepple wasn't a Buddhist in any way, I find this paragraph found on the internet fitting Frank's position too.

"Buddhism doesn't fit neatly into either category of religion or philosophy. When people asked Buddha what he was teaching, he said he teaches "the way things are." He said nobody should believe his teachings out of faith, but instead they should examine for themselves to see if they are true or not."
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of Frank Kepple? on: September 16, 2017, 19:26:42
In my opinion, Frank Kepple is up there with the greatest in the field. On this site you can follow, through his posts, his knowledge and convictions' evolution. There's a huge amount of material to browse, but it is worth your time.

I believe that one of his weaknesses was his rejection of notions like karma, ...

Frank had some unworthy detractors, but they aren't worth paying attention to.

18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can Astral projection be a glimpse at our alternate lives? on: September 16, 2017, 18:43:47
Yeah that's interesting. What is FoC 2?

Focus 2 of consciousness, in Frank Kepple's "Four Focus" model of the wider reality.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can Astral projection be a glimpse at our alternate lives? on: September 16, 2017, 17:31:20
Maybe that's what it is: alternate lives are dream lives, or as Frank would say FoC 2 lives. So, astral projection, better called phasing, could be temporary focus into alternate lives, situated into the FoC 2 area of consciousness. I don't believe that there's any validity to the hypothesis of a Universe with an infinite number of parallel lives sprung from all the decision forks.
20  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: another law of attraction ' tip ' post. on: September 12, 2017, 19:09:02
I believe that "the law of attraction", as is peddled the most, is a scam making money to its peddlers, and a pipe dream for those who try it. There is some energetic affinity at work, but you won't attract what you wish, you'll attract what you deserve! You'll get what you wish in your dreams.
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Sleeping after you die? on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:54
I guess you know that those enlightened are always awake.
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Sleeping after you die? on: September 11, 2017, 00:28:52
hey guys. I was wondering what you think...
... what do you think?

Maybe, for souls, incarnating is like sleeping, except that they incubate a dream to experience and learn.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Fear of having a stroke during AP on: September 07, 2017, 19:11:45
I often get to the point of AP during dreams/waking but as I try to move out of my body "electricity" (felt as strong vibrations) shoots through "me" mind and there is a feeling of sickness too. I often wonder if the brain can be damaged in some way from doing this. Are there any reports of this happening?
Thanks.

Any obe book will tell you that such vibrations are very common when you're an obe beginner, that they aren't dangerous because they're only in your mind (or in one of your non-physical bodies), and that as you become an experienced obe-er they'll disappear. As in everything, there's a disclaimer that if you have a weak heart, or some mental affliction is better to consult your physician.

In the very beginning, I felt vibrations too, I got a little concerned, then they went away and never came back.

If you're worried about health consequences, start with lucid dreaming! There are no vibrations there.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what do I do during the 3D blackness? on: September 06, 2017, 22:30:34
Use this site and / or google search!

For example: Noticing Exercise – A More Detailed Explanation
25  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Telekinesis would be easy to learn if could see very small movements on: September 06, 2017, 16:42:28
Imagine learning to drive a car but you can only see when it moves at least 100 feet. So good luck getting it out of the driveway blind! Or even turning it on. You know the key is within 100 feet of the hole it should stick in. Are you even in the car?

In year 2003 when I decided to learn telekinesis, after having rarely done it accidentally, each week I practiced I could move it more than the last week. After 4 months https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJGb4RNRB4 But it started really slow. For 3 weeks, 2 hours per day, I watched the psi wheel not moving. I decided I was going to think a bunch of different things and see what causes it. After those 42 hours it moved 1 millimeter, and practice after that went much faster.

It turns out what you should think is to prepare to have the same mental reaction to if it turns either of 2 opposite directions, and mostly observe it with that state of mind, and when it starts moving you make small adjustments between those 2 possible observations leading to the same mental reaction.

The point is, once you can see it moving, you can quickly learn to move it more than that. The problem most people face, and I faced for the first 42 hours of practice with no progress, is you're probably moving everything around you a little but its so small you cant see it, so when you do the right thing you dont notice it was the right thing so dont do it again. You keep trying random thoughts cuz you have no feedback.

I've been looking for, and expect to build soon (in a way anyone could repeat the experiment with only the stuff in their house), a way to very precisely measure telekinesis. I recently got a wireless optical mouse hanging from a long thread to move the cursor on screen similar to how it moved over the floor. Soon I will build a simple software to predict based on cursor movements what the next cursor movements will be, assuming the mouse is swinging and turning like that. If such a software can predict very accurately where the physical mouse will move next (by cursor movement), then the difference between the model and observation is telekinesis or anything that acts on the swinging mouse. It should swing at least 10 minutes. I'm thinking it might be able to measure movements of 10 micrometers since a pendulum's energy so predictably decays slowly even while the optical mouse itself is far less accurate than that. Hopefully I'll have a working telekinesis measuring tool soon that I can share with the world to use with their own mouse.

If this, or any similar experiment, works then learning telekinesis could get extremely easier for everyone.

This sounds interesting. Good luck in your quest!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5