The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 22, 2017, 22:21:36

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
126  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Why are we here? Why are we dreaming? on: January 04, 2017, 22:08:06
To me, one of the most important, and practical, question is: why are we here? Answering this would allow us to try to make the most of our journey through this life. I believe that answering another question: why are we dreaming?, might bring us closer to an answer to the first question.

People saw the Sun moving around the Earth, so they thought that that was the case. Then they thought it is the other way around. More recently they found out that even that is not absolutely correct, as the Earth, Sun and all the planets are orbiting around the center of mass of the solar system ...

There are various hypotheses about why we are dreaming, most of them considering that pastime as secondary, or less, to being awake. There are also those that say, some said it for a very long time, that "life is a dream".

What if actually "dreaming" is one of the most important "activities" we are meant to perform during our physical lives? Maybe our schooling on Earth is not as much active while we are awake, and taking a break while we are asleep / dreaming, but closer to the opposite: schooling while dreaming, and taking a break from it when being awake?

Maybe "we are here" not so much for being awake, and learning something while so, but for "dreaming", and learning to deal with a thought responsive environment in more manageable smaller bites, to prepare us for our "full time" accession / return onto a fully thought responsive plane of existence.
127  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Has anyone actually experienced F4? (From Frank Kepple's work) on: January 04, 2017, 04:02:55
See, that's probably a good description.  But, that's all it is. 
What Frank calls his "FoC4"... he was simply just visiting a "different" reality compared to this physical reality of ours. 
It doesn't make it special in any way other than the rules there aren't "physical".  It's not a "mental plane"... or a "causal plane"... it's just a different reality from this one.

We humans LOVE to categorize and put things in an order or hierarchy, otherwise we find that we can't make sense of them. 
When you realize that everything is "one", this arbitrary listing of realities becomes rather ridiculous.  It's part of the illusion of separation and being physical.  I'm really amazed how few people who say they see through the illusion, still fall prey to this basic concept. 
Most people mistake their beliefs for truth and reality, and dismiss with contempt other opinions. Isn't it obvious that the Sun moves around the Earth? While we can't escape our ignorance, bias, and arrogance it's interesting and heartwarming to discover common bits of information in different takes on this same subject, with so many different names and interpretations.

To me, one of the most important, and practical, question is: why are we here? Answering this would allow us to try to make the most of our journey through this life. I believe that answering another question: why are we dreaming?, might bring us closer to an answer to the first question.
128  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Has anyone actually experienced F4? (From Frank Kepple's work) on: January 01, 2017, 06:30:16
Frank Kepple's FoC4 seems to be the "formless" upper side of the mental plane, where the causal body is formed, as described by the theosophist Annie Besant in her "The Ancient Wisdom" (1897).
129  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Book i want feedback on on: October 30, 2016, 21:52:38
A couple of days after reading "Adventures Beyond the Body" I had my first obe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]