The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2018, 14:29:27

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
26  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: March 01, 2018, 04:42:46
Indeed. In contemplating the possible, it doesn't hurt to remember the known!

If you can't laugh at the death of a man who would laugh at his own death...

That wasn't about laughing at death. It was a negligent remark about a man who had a special contribution in his field, and whose memory deserves respect.
27  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: March 01, 2018, 04:40:10
Seemed like a statement of fact, to me.

Disagree.

wiktionary: sleep with the fishes

(idiomatic) To be killed and have one's body disposed of in the sea or other body of water.

Usage notes:
  • Probably the earliest usage of a similar phrase occurs in the epic Greek poem, The Iliad by Homer. In Book 21, Achilles slays Lykaon, a son of Priam, and throws him in a river. Achilles taunts him as he dies, saying "Lie there now among the fish..." (Lattimore translation) or, "Make your bed with the fishes now..." (Fagles translation). In other words, sleep with the fishes.
  • A similar usage can also be found in Herman Melville's Moby willy, wherein the second mate Stubb soliloquizes: "when Aquarius, or the Water-bearer, pours out his whole deluge and drowns us; and to wind up with Pisces, or the Fishes, we sleep." (Melville, Moby willy, ch. 94).
28  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: February 28, 2018, 05:01:37
Robert Monroe sleeps wid da fishes.
I don't think you're funny. It's a matter of taste.
29  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Drayton Manifest Technique (My New Method) on: February 28, 2018, 04:27:14
I've seen the 4-7-8 breathing promoted by dr Weil. Breath in through your nose for a count of 4, hold in for a count of 7, breath out through your mouth with a noisy "whoosh" for a count of 8. The speed is less important; the ratio is important.

As many other "techniques", this is another one that tries to induce a trance state through self hypnosis. Obviously the aura of Eastern mysticism (push your tip of your tongue behind your upper teeth) distracts, and the "whoosh" is counterproductive to achieving the trance. There is also an ominous "don't do more than 4 consecutive cycles!" warning.

The meat of this technique is to firstly raise your frontal lobe activity, by focusing and generating a tension, then brusquely lower your frontal lobe activity, by switching to relaxation. This two step process is the one that induces a trance conducive to psychic phenomena (as some neuroscientists found out).
30  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Non-Physical Personality/Awareness/Character on: February 17, 2018, 05:57:53
Quote from Seth-Roberts:

• "The life of any given individual could be legitimately compared to the dream of an entity While the
    individual suffers and enjoys his given number of years, these years are but a flash to the entity The entity
    is concerned with them in the same way that you are concerned with your dreams. As you give inner
    purpose and organization to your dreams, and as you obtain insight and satisfaction from them, though they
    involve only a portion of your life, so the entity to some extent directs and gives purpose and organization
    to his personalities. So does the entity obtain insights and satisfactions from its existing personalities,
    although no one of them takes up all of its attention."
31  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Bob Peterson's great book reviews on: February 10, 2018, 08:52:37
I really enjoy Bob Petersons's book reviews, on his blog: http://obeoutlook.blogspot.com/2018/

With so many authors and so little time, Bob's reviews can give you a better feeling what might interest you.

Thanks Bob!

32  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: February 07, 2018, 03:33:18
I've been giving quite a bit of thought to the NP personality of late. Specifically of its awareness.

In my latest simulation with the dream characters who were coming to get me, my first response about having a mirror was totally NP. I had no idea I was going to say that, or even that I had a mirror. My second response where I put my hand through the wall - I'd say that was my lucid self emerging and merging with my NP self. And the third response where I tried to put myself into and through a character was very characteristic of my lucid self.

So perhaps the balance was tipping from my NP self to my lucid self. The more lucid I got, the less likely I was of staying in the dream. Hmmm.

I wonder: Is the NP personality self-aware? Is that even possible? I think so, but it requires a lucidity that isn't how we would normally understand lucidity.

It kind of hurts my brain to think about it. Perhaps I'll start a separate thread about it as I'd love some input and feedback from other experiencers.

Interesting thoughts.

I'm of the opinion that my non-physical is more self-aware than I am. It is actually like I am one of his many dreams. For him to become lucid in his dream, that is my life, would be when I know that I am his dream. It is exactly as when I am getting lucid in my dream.

Him becoming lucid would help me taylor his dream, my life, using his knowledge and his intentions.
33  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Willpower's role in AP on: February 05, 2018, 09:50:21
@Selski

You stating that if you look outside and see a squirrel in the garden that the squirrel being there is a 1.  But how can you prove this?  Is it not possible that you could be hallucinating the squirrel.  Well maybe then you ask someone else and they say yeah I see the squirrel, how do you know you are not hallucinating them as well.  Every theory and every law is based on an assumption.  The less assumptions and more solid your assumptions appear, the better the theory.  But everything starts with a belief that cannot be proved, it must be assumed.  Even the most basic things such as that we exist cannot actually be proven, and have been tackled and questioned by many philosphers over the years.

Sorry if this is not making any sense, it is not the easiest thing to explain.  Basically it boils down to people thinking things are 1, like a squirrel you see in your backyard being real when really it isn't a 1 it is a .9999999999, we just don't like to admit to the fact that the world has uncertainty and so we ignore it.  Everything starts with belief, It makes sense I exist and so I believe I exist even though I can't actually prove I do and from there I can explain things as facts, but really the facts are always based on some sort of assumption.

About your first point on letting go of belief such as Santa Claus being real.  Yes I let go of beliefs, but they are replaced by other beliefs.  You aren't eliminating belief in your life, you simply are replacing something you no longer believe is true with something you either believe is true or believe might be true.

May I ask: what's your point?
34  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Willpower's role in AP on: January 31, 2018, 08:28:05
As in many other cases, the need for willpower is widely stated, but misunderstood and misapplied, hence not fully effective. People embrace slogans like "1% inspiration, 99% perspiration", "no pain, no gain", "just do it", etc., all concentrating on doing, on action, while success is actually brought primarily by thoughts, beliefs, and focus.

In astral projection your will is very important, but not in the sense of willpower, but in the sense of wanting it, not fearing it, while moving your focus away from physical (including your body), and opening a pathway to your subconscious.
35  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: New Insidious movie Creature on: January 26, 2018, 06:35:17
If each one of us creates our own reality, and every thought, fear, hidden belief matters, then we create our own monsters.
36  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The FLOAT Experience on: January 21, 2018, 03:14:32
people have deemed it so unrealistic that it makes people like me who want it, hard to become, now getting the abilities of the human mind I mentioned shouldn't be hard to achieve with the higher self that has already achieved it, and merging with that self, it is said merging with your higher self changes you drastically and that's why I started to pursue it to become the person I wanted to be, but atlas I have to do/achieve something in this world first in order for it to even want to acknowledge me, but I don't know where to even start, there is no other personal things need achieving in my life outside of getting my 6 finished books published.

You don't need to accomplish anything here to be acknowledged by your higher self. You just need to start opening a communication pathway, from this side, and the rest will be take care of by your higher self.

Try this:

ABRAHAM: Ask to speak to those who come forth from where your Inner
Being is. That is always best. Ask to speak with those of your "Family", you see.

QUESTION: Is there some control that I need to learn, to release?

ABRAHAM: It is a matter of quieting your mind and stating your intent
clearly, and as you are receiving it, you will get better and better at it.

QUESTION: Should I speak out when there is no one else to hear it. When I
am just meditating by myself?

ABRAHAM: Oh, indeed. The more the better. The more you are receiving, the
more you will trust.

QUESTION: Should I speak my questions out loud?

ABRAHAM: Indeed. For the benefit of those who are wanting it, let us talk
about the process for the opening of this passageway. Do not worry, if you are
not wanting it, you will not get it. It is not something that will be thrust upon you
if it is not something that you are wanting.

Now, as with all creation, want it and allow it and it is. Want it and allow it
and it is. And so, as you are wanting the opening of the passageway, you have
done most of it.

The allowing is what we are offering the process of meditation for. When we
use the label, "meditation," what we are meaning is this: Setting a time aside in
your physical world that you may quiet the physical so you may sense the inner.
And the process is one of just sitting quietly and being.

Now you say, "We are always being. How can we not be?" Well, when we say
"be," we mean, don't try to make anything else happen. Sit quietly, and don't
think of anything. Well, as soon as we say, "Don't think of anything," you think
of not thinking of anything. But what you must do is quiet your mind and a good
way is to focus upon something that does not require much conscious thought.

Something such as your breathing. As you will allow the air to go out and come
in, and as you will be aware of it, and as you will let your thoughts drift toward
that, very soon, perhaps even in the first sitting, you will find yourself with a sort
of tingling sensation. You will find yourself, perhaps, even numb. As you are
feeling that sensation of numbing, know that it is a signal to you, from your
Inner Being, that you have achieved the quieting of the physical so that you may
now sense the inner. As you are upon that plateau of numbness, as you think a
thought, it will go away, as you release the thought and quiet your mind, it (the
numbness) will come back, and as you are able to move up and down upon this,
soon you will get very good at being at that place, and once you are consistently
achieving that, you are in the state of allowing.

Now, as you are in the state of allowing, your work is done. Your Inner Being
will do the rest.

And as you are feeling some tingling here and a sensation there, those
sensations are an indication to you that your Inner Being is working upon the
opening of your passageway, or aligning your Energies. And when you receive
movement, you are open.

Now, once you are open, it is not necessary that you sit in a state of
meditation to receive. Once you are open, you may receive, any time you are
wanting, by setting forth the intent, "I intend to receive," you see?

The meditation is a process for opening the passageway. Beyond that, we are
not seeing it as important, unless you are using it for other things.

(from "A New Beginning I", pages 165-167, Q&A)

37  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Willpower's role in AP on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:28
OBE may be used for entertainment. Meditation may be done for various reasons.

If one wants to make most of such activities, one should try to open a communication pathway to their higher / inner self.

I recommend "A New Beginning" by Abraham-Hicks. Very thought provoking, and more. Seth-Roberts books are great too; they're a lot to read, a little less readable, but cover much more.
38  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: your Beneficial Beliefs list on: January 15, 2018, 02:49:30
"you know nothing, Jon Snow" ... Smiley

Everything you perceive is your perception.
39  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: My theory on reincarnation. on: January 15, 2018, 02:45:55
I believe that in these matters the more you rationalize, the more wrong you are.
40  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: My theory on reincarnation. on: January 04, 2018, 21:25:53
For the OP I do have a question - what time is it when you die (in NPR I mean)? What year? How can we consider evolution in the non-physical and what frame of reference regarding time should we use? What happens if you re-incarnate in 1860 in an alternate Earth with a different history? How does evolution work then?

It seems that our perception of time is specific to the physical Universe, while reincarnation is a process above it, where time as we know it doesn't exist, and the space neither.

The "theory of evolution" has nothing to do with soul's development: apples and oranges.
41  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: My theory on reincarnation. on: January 04, 2018, 21:21:41
Reincarnation is real. You won't necessarily be in a better life next time around tho. Where you end up is based on your vibrational frequency.  If you are in a low vibration in this life and only getting lower, then you will end up worse in your next life. Even if you are a millionaire in this life, if you are overall miserable then you will end up in a miserable situation in your next journey. You could also end up in an entirely different universe. We are not alone on this one planet but that is a different thread.

I think that being millionaire is neither good, nor bad from soul evolution point of view. People tend to think Earth centric, human centric. It is a ridiculous limitation.
42  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: December 15, 2017, 20:36:49
Seth (Jane roberts):

"The eating of meat without doubt focuses the physical mechanism closely to the physical system. There is
nothing wrong with this. If you are trying to develop inner abilities however, and if you wish to allow yourself a
mobility of focus, then moderation in this respect must be used."

Session 185, Page 247

"You must not eat meat because you are killing the animals, and this is wrong. But in deeper terms, physically and
biologically the animals are born from the body of the earth, which is composed of the corpses of men and women
as much as it is of other matter. The animals consume you, then, as often as you consume them, and they are as
much a part of your humanity as you are a part of their so called animal nature."

Session 725, Page 483
43  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The ethical dilemma of eating to live on: December 12, 2017, 02:50:11
Has anybody watched "Planet Earth" (amazingly filmed !!!), or other documentaries about life of animals?

You can learn a lot of things from them, such as:

- all animals and plants exhibit intelligent behaviour well above what most of us would think possible
- even among the most peaceful animal categories there is continuous internal and external fight and aggressiveness; surely there are examples of magnificent cooperation too
- etc..

You can't not conclude that trying to force onto humans a utopian all-encompassing love of each other, and of all the cohabitant creatures of this Earth, is contrary to nature.

One of the things that distance humans from all the other creature is cruelty. Only humans can be so.
44  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: William Buhlman interview with Phase Evolution Youtube on: December 08, 2017, 18:49:29
Direct / indirect classification might have its origins in Raduga's classification of phasing methods. Direct is phasing from the waking state, while indirect is phasing immediately after you woke, but haven't moved yet.

Lucid dreaming is a completely different approach.
45  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: William Buhlman interview with Phase Evolution Youtube on: December 08, 2017, 18:45:29
I like listening and reading Buhlman. I had my first obe after I just finished reading his first book. Although somehow he doesn't seem to say something particularly different than others, he gives you confidence and comfort that it's doable. I also like his no-nonsense attitude. Even the fact that he doesn't shy from acknowledging that he can't have more than 1 obe per 10 days on average, and has longer no-obe spells, shows he's a great guy.
46  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: William Buhlman interview with Phase Evolution Youtube on: December 08, 2017, 18:37:11
... What I mean is there is difference between saying not many people can play the piano or solve a calculus problem, and saying not many people can jump as high as Michael Jordan or even dunk a basketball.  Both are true statements with the difference being if you work hard and stay dedicated most people can learn to play the piano or do calculus.  No matter how hard you train most of us will never jump as high as Michael Jordan can.  ...

I strongly disagree! People have widely different intellectual, artistic, emotional, psychic capabilities, in the same measure as physical capabilities are different.
47  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Astral projection TECHNIQUES FROM SETH (an entity) on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:47
"The basic idea of karma is not punishment. Karma presents the opportunity for development; to make use of opportunities that were not taken advantage of, to fill in gaps of ignorance, to enlarge understanding through experience, to do what should be done."

The Early Sessions, Book 8
Session 388, Page 158
48  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Astral projection TECHNIQUES FROM SETH (an entity) on: December 06, 2017, 00:55:47
From sethlearningcenter.org:

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF EXISTENCE?
WHY WAS I BORN?

From the book "The Seth Material:"

“… you must be taught and trained to create responsibly. Yours is a training system for emerging consciousness.”

“You are learning to be cocreators. You are learning to be gods as you now understand the term. You are learning responsibility- the responsibility of any individualized consciousness. You are learning to handle the energy that is yourself, for creative purposes.”

From “The Early Sessions:”

“The child must mature, and your system is a maturing ground, a very primary one…. A beginning school…”

“The human race is a stage though which various forms of consciousness travel. Before you can be allowed into systems of reality that are more extensive and open, you must first learn to handle energy and see, through physical materialization, the concrete result of thought and emotion.”

“In more advanced systems, thoughts, and emotions are automatically and immediately translated into action, into whatever approximation of matter there exists. Therefore, the lessons must be taught and learned well. The responsibility for creation must be clearly understood.”

According to Seth, the physical world can be thought of as an elementary school. We are all enrolled in a cosmic grade school and we are here to learn AND to enjoy our being. In the fertile soil of physical reality we are meant to grow and blossom.

Our day to day experience is our classroom
, and we are learning the A.B.C.'s of how to use energy so that we can become conscious co-creators with the Univeral Spirit, Mind, God, All THAT IS, or whatever term you prefer. On the one hand we are each unique manifestations of the Universal Spirit/All That Is, and on the other hand we are individual “infant” gods, or gods in training.

One of the most important lessons to be learned is that we create our own reality, according to our thoughts, emotions and beliefs. We each have access to unlimited energy and the inner knowledge of our “soul” or greater identity, and we are supposed to learn how to use our awesome power with skill and wisdom.
49  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Astral projection TECHNIQUES FROM SETH (an entity) on: December 05, 2017, 21:09:45
the thing with the early Seth stuff is that he uses terms like reincarnation just to introduce the idea of multiple focuses, because the material was so new at the time. Each of us is part of an essence (think wider consciousness gestalt or 'soul' if you want') that has multiple (think thousands) of focuses on earth (and elsewhere). To the essence, they experience all these focuses at once and so there is no linear reincarnation to all intents and purposes, simply a diversity of experience. The purpose is to experience consciousness in a diversity of ways. All consciousness seeks to expand.

As far as I can recall Karma isn't a part of the way Seth explains reality and he certainly doesn't espouse any of that stuff about people having to pay for things done in other lives. That's not to say that events in other focuses (or incarnations if you want) don't effect this life, as we often choose to incarnate in multiple focuses surrounded by essences we have shared experiences with before and people can often sense these deep connections and sometimes even remember events from other incarnations. If you lead a really messed up life it will simply be a much more laborious process to transition once you die, as it will be more difficult to work past the kind of belief systems you will have been operating with when you were alive.

If I happen to see any specific quotes about it I'll post them but that's the gist.

Thanks. It sounds interesting.
50  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Astral projection TECHNIQUES FROM SETH (an entity) on: December 05, 2017, 20:24:54
Thanks for these quotes. I wonder if anybody has quotes in which Seth explained why are we (re)incarnating, what is the purpose. Also if he said anything about karma. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8