The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 22, 2017, 22:16:02

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
76  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What have you learned about the fundamentals of the universe? on: July 15, 2017, 04:40:22
I'm assuming you're referring to sentimental love, such as the attraction between 2 people where there is sexual love or lust, or the love of family or friends, or where the word "love" is used very loosely as a sign of friendship, and that you are not referring to pure Unconditional Love, which is THE most powerful vibration, force, Energy in the entire Universe throughout all spheres of life and reality, and is all pervasive?

Just to be sure, Pure Unconditional Love should never be confused with sentimental "love".

Allow me to disagree. My belief is that "Pure Unconditional Love" is an utopian concept, that would be counterproductive to souls' development. Souls don't incarnate to learn or achieve it. So far I haven't heard a convincing counterargument.
77  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What have you learned about the fundamentals of the universe? on: July 15, 2017, 02:42:24
I kind of agree but will suggest a different angle in addition. In less structured realities there is an "undo button" for almost any scenario and that makes it difficult to learn to make effective choices. One of the benefits of this reality is that there are consequences for your actions that cannot be taken back.

Why do you think that learning to love is counter productive to reasoning and emotional mastery though?

I dunno about that. Karma is a commonly misunderstood concept. The word means action and it refers to how taking an action associates you with other events at a similar level. The idea of some kind of balancing force has always been misinterpretation as far as I understand.

I will admit that people might repeat lessons they fail to learn but I am not sure what that has to do with Karma.

My concept of karma is close to Annie Besant's. You think / desire / do it, you pay for it!

All encompassing love is an utopian concept. It can't be achieved. Look around!

Also, souls are at widely different levels of development, and need a learning environment that gives them the grades they deserve, or they won't progress. A school where everybody is graded "A" isn't a school anymore.
78  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What have you learned about the fundamentals of the universe? on: July 14, 2017, 00:39:14
Rather than learning to love - what if the purpose is more about learning to experience and pursue the quest of success?

Not necessarily true. The quickest way for people to succeed is to use whatever the most effective strategy is that we can muster. Is said strategy sometimes or a lot of the time, love? Perhaps, but I think it would be a mistake to assume that love is the end game and that is locked in for eternity.

The logical conclusion for me is that the point is to find the logical conclusion based on ever growing experience data. Learning to love may only be a bi-product of the actual quest.

I believe that when souls begin incarnating as humans they have only rudimentary reasoning capability, and are dominated by emotions.

The physical plane, being a less thought responsive environment, allows souls to gradually learn to master their emotions; in the non-physical, emotions like fear quickly spiral out of control creating nightmarish situations.

As humans, souls develop their reasoning while having to solve problems, and participating in various forms of training.

It doesn't make sense to me that we would incarnate in order to "learn to love", and even less to "love unconditionally". I even feel that pursuing such a quest is counterproductive to both reasoning development, and learning to master our emotions.

While on the physical plane, inherently, souls accumulate karma that will have to be cleared. Karma is that which determines what lives we'll live, what experiences we'll go through.
79  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What have you learned about the fundamentals of the universe? on: July 13, 2017, 00:34:45
Also, I'll add that knowing the fundamentals of the universe wouldn't help you with spiritual growth or anything in regards to spirituality.
It's kind of like driving a car, you don't have to know how the engine works in order to drive a car.
Well, you don't need to know how the universe works in order to be a spiritual being... you only need to learn to Love and everyone has that capacity.

I haven't heard, so far, a convincing argument that "learning to love" is what we keep incarnating for. If you have the time and the inclination to support your claim, please do it!

I agree that we don't need to know how the Universe works, even more: I'd say that we probably aren't capable of understanding the how it works. A 3D mind can't understand 4D or higher.

It should be enough to know what is the life lesson we need to learn / experience this time around, but it seems even that is hidden to us until we're ripe to be told when we wask.
80  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What have you learned about the fundamentals of the universe? on: July 12, 2017, 16:49:47
My lessons are here on Earth, which is why I am here.  I'll let the mysteries of the Universe reveal themselves to me bit by bit when I am ready.  However, there's certainly nothing wrong with seeking them out.  Exploring is what we love to do.  That burning curiosity is what drives us to learn.

But on another note, Astral Projection or projections of Consciousness is not a necessary requirement to discover the mysteries of the Universe.  It's mysteries are all around us and within us.  They are everywhere.
 Projections of Consciousness are an incredible and indescribable experience to be sure, and pearls of wisdom can definitely be obtained by these experiences, but they are definitely not required to obtain these mysteries or to attain enlightenment.  Everything you need is already right here right now.

Would you care to be more specific? I think you got carried away by enthusiasm, as people do when they attend a political rally ... smiley
81  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: existence. on: July 08, 2017, 19:24:26
i can't stop thinking about existence.every since i was about 15 and i astral projected suddenly and had no idea what was going on. it changed my
way of reality. does anyone else feel like your in another dimension, looking in at yourself and others. asking why. hard to move from day to day.mentally im exhausted.

To get some direction, try to figure out why you're here now, what are you supposed to accomplish, experience, and / or learn!

During your next astral projection, launch a direct question about that (e.g. "what is my life lesson for this life?"), and pay attention to the first word that comes immediately into your mind, without rationalizing neither what you get, nor what you believe you should get.

You should succeed from the first try, then ponder on it until it makes sense to you.

If you don't succeed you can try again next time, maybe you weren't "deep" enough, but it's likely that at this point in your life you aren't ripe to be told more. You'll eventually find out.
82  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need help for second OBE on: July 07, 2017, 00:02:25
In my experience, when it works, it works much faster than 1 to 1.5 hours, more like 15 minutes. When it doesn't, go back to sleep, telling yourself with confidence that it will work next time.

You have better odds to project if you try it after a few hours of sleep, than when you go to bed. Probably 4.5 hours is about optimum between being too tired and too rested.

Lie in bed in a comfortable position, but don't stress about being still. When you need to move a part of your body, to scratch, or anything that bothers you, just do it, then continue your projection preparation.

You need to relax your body, e.g. from toes to head, but it is enough to do it once, and it takes only a couple of minutes. This isn't "energetic" work as some authors call it. It is the opposite: passive (mental) muscle relaxation, so your body goes to sleep, letting your focus of attention shift away from it.

You don't need to focus on your breath, just do 3-4 long breath cycles of breathe in, hold, breathe out, hold, before doing the bottom-up relaxation.

You don't need to empty your mind. Keep it calmly and confidently focused on your intention to project "now", and on whatever you're doing (long breaths, muscle relaxation, imagining scenarios). You should monologue internally about what you're doing, which means telling your subconscious what's happening, and what you want to happen. You can let your imagination build whatever scenario you want about you projecting out of body, about flying / floating up and away.

It helps if you start everything with looking up toward above the top of your head (with your eyes opened or closed) for a few seconds until you start to feel your eyes getting tired. Then close your eyelids (if not already closed) still pointed up, breathe in for a few seconds, then relax and lower your eyes, naturally breathing out. Keep looking ahead into the blackness, relaxed but aware.
83  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What have you learned about the fundamentals of the universe? on: June 28, 2017, 04:05:49
You frequently hear in Astrap projection experiences of people travelling through space and timeffort and asking entities all sorts of educational questions. Is there anything you have learned in your astral journeys that perhaps sheds light on some of the mysteries of the universe? Do parrallel dimensions exist? Are there other vensigns of ourselves out there? Is the universe infinite? Are there alI ensure?  The list goes on. Anybody had any luck with these sorts of age old questions?

1. I believe that we can't comprehend the Universe with our earthly brains.
2. If you knew the TRUTH, you'd have no way to convince others about it.

My recommendation: look for a way to ask the questions you're interested in, then ponder the answers yourself!
84  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 19, 2017, 23:59:17
OK so what would you recommend for a comprehensive guide on how to astral project? Thanks.

The best book I read as a beginner was William Buhlman's "Adventures Beyond the Body". The week I finished it i had my first astral projection. Later, Frank Kepple's posts on this site were eye opening and thought provoking. His journey of discovery in this field is remarkable, and followed a similar path as Robert Monroe's. These days I would recommend directly a self-hypnosis path. Kepple, Monroe, Moen, and others, without saying it, maybe without realizing it, ended up projecting using self-hypnosis routines (in my opinion).
85  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Time in the astral realm? on: June 19, 2017, 03:01:46
During (self-)hypnosis you can give (yourself) the suggestion to accelerate or slow down the passage of time. It is a useful technique.
86  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tension in right foot, will that stop me from being able to astral project? on: June 18, 2017, 23:34:54
... "Deep physical relaxation is the foundation upon which everything else in this program will rest."

"If you do not thoroughly learn this essential skill, you could waste a lot of time and effort making projection attempts with little chance of success." ...

In my opinion, Bruce exaggerates in those quotes, and his whole energy work is both a waste of time, from astral projection point of view, and counterproductive.

To project, you need to put your physical body to sleep while keeping your mind wake. Your physical body relaxation is only for your mind to forget about your physical body. Paying too much attention to your physical relaxation defeats the purpose.

My short answer to your question: if you can sleep with tension in your foot, you can astral project with tension in your foot.

Different authors come with different methods of astral projection, trying to describe what worked for them, trying to make sense of why that happens, but ultimately all can be distilled to: putting yourself in a light trance in order to dissociate your mind from your physical body.
87  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: keeping still and waiting until body goes numb? on: June 14, 2017, 21:27:26
I tried it but I almost always fall asleep, I need something to occupy my time to keep me awake thru the process (btw I messaged you back). however I did do it once or twice but majority of times I have fallen asleep.

Don't just wait: use ferm suggestions, and visualization. If you do it when you wake up after a few hours of sleep, you are better primed for success. Also, have a plan what you intend to do, before initiating the process.
88  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Is earthly life an incubated dream of the soul? on: June 12, 2017, 22:36:23
I think that the important part for each soul would be the intentional dream incubation with the purpose of solving a problem, or learning a lesson, or testing something learned theoretically.

We, earthlings, tend to be very Earth centric. I draw a parallel with the medieval view of the Earth being the center of the Universe.

During my self-hypnosis experiences, death is felt like leaving behind a story without much, if any, regret. It's a lot like waking up, sometimes from a nightmare, or like finishing reading a book, or watching a movie. You aren't the person who died, but somebody else you forgot to be because you were sleeping, or because you were engrossed in the captivating story.
89  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Is earthly life an incubated dream of the soul? on: June 12, 2017, 05:59:23
Could earthly life be an incubated dream of the soul?

This would explain why we don't recall our past lives, and our between-lives selves. It's the same as during our human dreams we aren't aware, usually, that we are dreaming.

Maybe souls incubate dreams for the purpose of experiencing something. It's the same with humans incubating dreams to solve problems, or for entertainment.

Karmic lessons could be homework or tests given to our souls by their teachers.

Maybe we die when our souls wake up, and our lives as humans mean to them what dreams mean for us.

Could this be the true meaning behind "life is a dream"?
90  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Group karma? on: June 03, 2017, 05:02:04
I've read about group karma, and I didn't question it until recently.

I believe that the first time I read about it was in one of Annie Besant's books. Now, I kind of wonder if the concept of "group karma" isn't just a result of human logic. I agree that karma works at individual level, but I doubt that it works at group level. Why would it? Because it would be nice, logical, or expected for a bad behaving group to be punished? That's human logic. Usually a group's behaviour is the result of the decisions of a small number of its members who impose on the rest of the group. What if those few leave, are restrained, or die? Should the rest of the group still have to pay for the accumulated bad karmic debt? Should they be victimized a second time just because they belong to that arbitrary group (nations, ethnicities, etc.)? They've already been victimized once by the bad guys. Where's the fairness?

I remember a q&a with William Buhlman, at Monroe Institute, when somebody asked if he thinks that humanity is on its way to eventually evolve towards peace and understanding. W.B. replied that he doesn't believe so because that would defeat the purpose of a physical world into which people incarnate to have experiences to learn from. There's already no antagonism in the non-physical, so what would be the use of incarnating in a non antagonistic physical?

Also, past life regressions show that we reincarnate all over the Earth (and more), sometimes males other times females, different races, different ethnicities.
91  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Trial & Error on: May 24, 2017, 20:41:49
There are so many authors, and forum gurus, that claim to "first handedly know the truth", and there are almost no two "truths" alike. That's why I often ask people where do their convictions come from. Most of those questioned feel rubbed the wrong way, challenged, even indignant, but I honestly want to make an evaluation of how much weight should I assign to their statements, and also investigate if there is something I can directly apply myself in my quest for knowledge and evolvement (I don't trust the fish they sell, I want to learn to fish!). When I learn about another author, one of the first signs that puts me off is learning that they published a ton of books, and hold workshops, sooo they make money of this! With the advent of the Internet we were blessed with an enormous exposure of information, but we were also burdened with it.

I know that these things are real from my own experience with OBEs at first, synchronicities, and more recently autohypnosis. How to churn all the claims? Somebody makes several sententious statements. Should I give them a second thought? Somebody mentions an author that claims to know "how things really are". I google his name. Most his youtube interviews are one hour plus; he published several books on marketable subjects; he holds workshops; he looks and talks nicely, but how trustworthy is he? At the moment, I'd say: not much.
92  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Trial & Error on: May 23, 2017, 04:23:08
Good! That was intentional on my part.

So, I can expect to not hear your complaining in the future? wink

It wasn't a complaint. I genuinely wanted to know how much weight your statements have, and it was a friendly warning that your post might not come across as you wanted. Now, your latest replies put you in my book among trolls. Obviously I regret replying to you.
93  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Trial & Error on: May 23, 2017, 01:32:24
I don't know that, and what, you posted for two years. Maybe you should add it to your signature as a disclaimer ...
94  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Trial & Error on: May 23, 2017, 01:30:06
It is not an opinion. It is my experience ...

Again. You'd be more convincing, and helpful to us the less knowledgeable, if you were less condescending. Sorry if my interjection rubbed you wrong. I'd like to give you the benefit of trust, but the tone of your first post, and the second now too, put me off.
95  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Trial & Error on: May 22, 2017, 21:17:16
Meditation is a method for "reducing our resistance".

In contrast to what most humans perceive, there is a continual connection between the physical and non-physical ... because it is actually one thing. There is no separation of the physical and non-physical. The perception of separateness is added by us. It is why we are here (to experience that separation). The human perception of separation is strongly tied to our experience with time (e.g., time appearing to bring our experiences in slices ... moment to moment). And, these human perceptions are closely tied to our physical sensory system (e.g., sight, sound, touch).

In meditation, if successful, the sensory system is desensitized. This is how 'other experiences' can come forth. This is how we can have contact with others (not human). This is how channels can bring forth communication from the non-physical.

Experiences beyond the physical are very natural, because we are NOT individual (this is only a perception of our physical senses) ... we are NOT solely human. The human is only a small part of who I am (as are you).

You make some sententious statements here. I kind of like people who start with "in my opinion", or at least mention the source that brought up their strong convictions.
96  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: every man occupies just that position in society which he is qualified to occupy on: May 15, 2017, 05:47:35
I'm interested more in opinions about the quote from Randall's book and its practical implications.
97  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / every man occupies just that position in society which he is qualified to occupy on: May 14, 2017, 18:22:02
From Edward C. Randall's 1917 book "The Dead Have Never Died":

... every man occupies just that position in society which he is qualified to occupy . That must be so, or the law of cause and effect would be a failure

I found this quote thought provoking ... If we karmically pay for whatever we think, desire, do, it means that sometimes we have to have unhappy, difficult lives.

Then, trying to better someone else's life, to even out people's conditions and opportunities ... Can it be accomplished? Is it a desirable endeavour? Do we try to interfere in something we don't understand, and in a way that is counterproductive to both the helper and the helpee?

How does "love everybody" figure into this? Just love them, but let them carry their burdens?
98  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Human intelligence (IQ) ... from the mind (soul), from the brain (genes)? on: May 09, 2017, 21:20:10
I believe human intelligence is a characteristic of the mind, it stays with the soul, and its development is one of the important goals in each incarnation.

From what I've read we are born with an IQ that doesn't suffer major fluctuations over one's life, under normal health circumstances.

On the other hand I've watched a couple of documentaries, that presented cases when individuals that suffered major traumas acquired new and exceptional gifts in disciplines as mathematics, painting, music, for which they didn't show even some interest before.

Is the brain only a limiting factor of our soul's intelligence, or more?

I've noticed behavioural characteristics in some individuals that are similar to those of certain relatives from previous generations, not only parents, but aunts and uncles, grandparents, or further.

Does the genetical inheritance play a role in the intelligence of an individual? Which and how?
99  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Belief Territories on: May 09, 2017, 04:55:39
Of course this territory is a thought-responsive plane! In fact, they all are...

There is no objective reality accept for the Sacred Void from which all of the aforementioned subjective holograms issue forth.

I didn't say anything about believing in the existence of a place that I don't believe to exist. I merely pointed out that believing that a territory exists doesn't necessarily mean that one isn't cognizant of it's mutual existence with other territories and the non-exclusivity of the subjective reality of that plane. In other words, you don't have to believe Heaven is the only afterlife or that it's any more or less "real" than Space-Time to be naturally drawn there or to visit by choice.

You made above some statements I don't fully endorse, but I won't argue with you.

Probably I don't quite understand what you'd like to discuss here. It seems that you have some spiritual / religious belief that differs from the belief of somebody you're fond of, and you would like that in afterlife, even if each one of you are sorted in your own Heaven, to be able to visit, and continue the relationship.

I believe you'll be able to do that, eventually one of you will realize "there's no Santa Claus", and will help the other to realize that too, the you'll move on together to greener pastures.

100  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Belief Territories on: May 09, 2017, 03:56:45
How are those "territories" inherently different than this territory, or any other? You're watching this fiction movie while believing it's real—at least some of the time, or in select ways. Besides, who said that believing in a place (i.e. individually or collectively intending/creating it) involved the belief in its realness (whatever that means) or exclusivity as a reality/territory?
This territory isn't a "thought responsive" plane. That territory is.
Here you differentiate easier between subjective and objective. There, not that easy.
Your last statement doesn't make sense to me: can you believe in the existence of a place that you don't believe to exist ...?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6