The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 08, 2021, 11:49:05

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 86
126  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Destynee's Plan. on: July 03, 2013, 08:39:08
One on One is the best way... it always has been. I am already carrying about 5 people on Facebook and 10 or so on Youtube that are on and off. I may be able to find time for more.
127  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: kanashibari on: July 03, 2013, 08:09:42
This is a good read.

"Sleepless in Japan: the kanashibari phenomenon"

http://www.japanesestudies.org.uk/kenkyu2002/Schegoleva.pdf
128  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / kanashibari on: July 03, 2013, 07:42:40
I just read this obscure piece about kanashibari... which is the Japanese name for Sleep Paralysis that roughly translates to 'bound in metal'

Kanashibari

I know that kanashibari is a medical condition, not a religion. But how I came to find out about kanashibari is through the church that I attend in Kyotanabe, hence, I'd like to do my post on religion about the information as it was told to me at my church.

Two pieces of background information. First, I occasionally attend a bilingual church in Kyotanabe, along with a few other Kansai Gaidai students, both International and Japanese. I have been attending off and on since November and we have two hours after the message to talk to each other about anything and everything. During the course of conversation, we drifted to kanashibari, and to former and current members of the church who had experienced kanashibari.

Secondly, kanashibari is the Japanese word for a medical condition called "Sleep Paralysis." Kanashibari can also mean “night-terrors” but the discussion I had with members of my church on kanashibari sounds much closer to sleep paralysis. What happens in sleep paralysis is quite simple: you wake up and though your mind is conscious, you simply cannot move your body. This is not lucid dreaming (where you are aware that you are in fact dreaming DURING a dream) because sleep paralysis does not happen while the mind is asleep.

Now how does this tie into religion? As you probably already know, the percentage of Japanese who claim to be Christians is in the one-digits. The predominant religions in Japan are Shinto and Buddhism, followed by other “new religions,” while Christianity enjoys even fewer proclaimed practitioners. The church I attend is small and the building is never completely full (though we came rather close to filling the sanctuary on Easter Sunday, but that’s to be expected). And yet, repeatedly, someone who experiences kanashibari will come to the Kyoto International Chapel, talk with a pastor, convert to Christianity, and never have the problem again.

It’s such a frequent phenomenon in converts at Kyoto International Chapel that they have even created a manga about it, containing two testimonies of people who suffered from kanashibari and were cured upon conversion. The manga is short, sweet, and simple and is published in both Japanese and English. I have since given my Japanese copy away but the pastor is currently searching for the English copies so that I can post photos here.

The story, as explained to me in English (since my Japanese is not the most fantastic in the world), goes something like this. The individual (both testimonies in the pamphlet-manga are female) will begin experiencing kanashibari and the reoccurring feeling is that they are being held down, like something invisible is crushing them and keeping them from moving or even blinking their eyes. They try to solve it in the traditional Japanese way (go to a shrine or a temple), but that does not work. Eventually, in a completely unrelated event, a friend will invite the afflicted individual to Kyoto International Church. They will come and eventually they will talk to the pastor and convert to Christianity. They will also tell the pastor about their experiences of kanashibari and, after praying about it with the pastor and converting, the experiences will never happen again.

Just thought it would be interesting to share. I was surprised by how many members of the church experienced this. I’ve never heard of anything like this before.

here's a link to the page I ripped this from.... http://becauseitsjapan.blogspot.co.uk/2008/04/kanashibari.html

Read the replies to the Blog. It's so interesting the religious sub-cultures of Sleep Paralysis within different cultures.
129  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: I had a very strange sleep last night on: July 03, 2013, 07:34:49
SP doesn't have to be 'supernatural' for the proceeding OOBE to be 'supernatural' in nature. It's very simple and obvious what causes the sensations during the state. That's about all that science has nailed... and only because they have studied it intimately using Narcoleptics and 'sufferers' of RISP.  It's a state of being aware of the normal unconscious process we go through every time we sleep... several times a night.

When I started getting it repeatedly I used to think it was 'paranormal'.. until I began having OOBEs from them and experienced the REAL 'paranormal' side. I began wondering, why when I separated did all the SP sensations disappear?

Why does science hit such a nerve with people when they wouldn't be communicating this way if it wasn't for it. We use it when it suits us... and jilt it when it spoils our view of how we'd like things to be. We are so selective when it comes to belief.

I can start calling it the vibrational state or the old hag.. a nightmare... maybe kanashibari... I use the term SP because most who experience it can relate to it.
130  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: almost had it!! (excerpt from dream journal) on: July 03, 2013, 01:07:12
I've just answered a member that is related to this discussing RTZ OOBEs. People tend to want the RTZ to prove it to themselves that it's real and anything not 100% accurate to reality is thrown out with the rest of the 'all in your head' dreams.. regardless of how REAL it seemed.
131  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: "Proof of Heaven" Author Debunked! on: July 03, 2013, 01:04:10
I implore people to watch the last one  http://goo.gl/rqaU0

Awesome. I put this up on Facebook.  cheesy
132  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: AP from within a dream? on: July 03, 2013, 00:59:26
RTZ projections are affirming experiences but they aren't as important as the usual nonphysical experiences that you are experiencing. They hold clues and journeys. Focusing too much on RTZ projections can be frustrating. Several times I proved them to friends... but if I brought it up in conversation today with them the years passed and their own social conditioning will probably force them to rationalise it. At the time they were impressed... but it had no lasting effect. For me they were real.. undoubtedly but for them it was just 'one of those things'. This is what people forget when they want the RTZ paranormal side to affirm proof to others. It doesn't.
133  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: godlike experience on: July 03, 2013, 00:45:36
As long as we don't take the 'god' tag too literally.
134  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: I had a very strange sleep last night on: July 03, 2013, 00:44:08
There are many possibilities, how this can feel. Shaking and wobbling perceptions of the grounds and of the body included.

Most common are these perceptions:

-Intense sensations of pressure inside or outside of body parts or whole body. Often accompanied by tingling. Most frequently are such sensations in the head. Distorted perception of the body.
-Extreme tiredness accompanied by weakness and the strong desire to continue sleep.
-Reduction of the ability to view the environment. Often blurred field of view. It can also contain dark spots or even be almost completely backed out.
-Shaking and wobbling perceptions of the grounds and of the body. Especially during walking.

Awesome Sleep Paralysis description... excluding the walking bit.  wink

During sleep paralyzis does the environment look like it always looks. Sleep paralyzis ends, when the eyes are opened (+-1 second).

It can persist during open eyes because REM atonia doesn't paralyse the eyes... hence Rapid Eye Movement. You can open your eyes during SP but vision is blurred like a white noise... the eyes tend to cross creating double vision and objects to merge creating a 3D forced perspective effect.
135  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: "Proof of Heaven" Author Debunked! on: July 03, 2013, 00:38:43
Debunking relies on 'Cherry Picking' and pulling away bits and pieces. At the end of the day he had an extreme transformative experience. What annoys me is that they are constantly looking for the 'proof they are clinically dead' angle. Whereas it's evident that not only death causes these experiences and it seems to be a progressive state that is leading to complete death... not actual DEATH experience... that can be brought on by stress, drugs, natural spiritual exercise and trauma.
136  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: I had a very strange sleep last night on: July 02, 2013, 21:27:15
Yes. Smiley
137  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: AP from within a dream? on: July 02, 2013, 20:29:52
You mean your RTZ projections are always exactly true to physical reality?  Nothing in the room is ever even slightly different?  Please tell me more...  I know that some people must have projections true to the physical because what about the NDEs where people float around the hospital seeing and hearing exactly what is going on in different parts of the hospital and so forth...  The best of the best OOBEs seem to be like that as well.

When I had my first OOBE I was convinced I was out of body because I started from being conscious to levitating above my body, to floating around exploring the room that looked exactly the same as the physical.  Then I flew into my daughter's room and tried to wake her up (silly thing to do) and when she sat up, it was not her face!  That's when my "bubble burst" and I realized I had to be in a "dream room".  Before that point I was absolutely convinced I was out of body and in the physical.

Please tell more about your RTZ experiences, Bedeekin.  Thanks!

They were my first experiences. I took for granted that I was just popping out of my body into the real world. I would often end up in a place with my 'face' facing obscure objects or half embedded in walls/ceilings or as though I was just proud of the ground... and when backing up and taking in the environment realised where I was. It was easier to visit a person than a place. Logic would often get in the way of place. A good example of this was when I went to visit her while she was on holiday in a crappy resort called Flamingo Land. I had been there a few times but didn't know where it was. I knew that there was a village that I thought was called Thirsk that sign posted it and I'd been many times through this village. I thought 'thirsk' and looked frantically for a roundabout with a signpost to Flamin go Land in the middle of it. I returned and the next day asked my dad where Flamingo land was and mentioned that I thought it was signposted in Thirsk... He told me I'd never been to Thirsk and that I meant Pickering. The next night I figured I just think of Kathryn. I was met my a giant white wall. It was VAST... smooth and seemed to extend in all directions. I was confused until I backed away from the wall which revealed itself to be the leg of a white plastic chair (the type in schools) that was placed between the bathroom and bedroom of a little caravan on a camping site at Flamingo Land. I found Kathryn with her best mate claire asleep in the main area on converted beds. Checking this info when she got back (didn't have internet then) it would be spot on. By this time... the reality of my OOBEs weren't questioned by either of us and we treated it very nonchalantly, as though they were every day happenings and part of life.

As I got older they became more abstract and merged with the overlapping dreams I called 2nd Phase.

It isn't until I met more and more people who did it... and read more and more about how it's not the real world.. and started over analysing it and listening to more and more problems that people experience... and as I formed different belief systems my ability to have RTZ projections has decreased somewhat.
138  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: I had a very strange sleep last night on: July 02, 2013, 19:39:15
Yeah IAB.. It's definitely Sleep Paralysis. The sinking weird feeling in the chest can be disconcerting.

Have a read of this... This has a direct approach to it and you will probably find the similarities.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html
139  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Shift in hearing on: July 02, 2013, 10:25:13
Sounds good to me. I get a change in hearing. Outside sound is muffled and I hear a much denser higher pitch. Like my ear has popped inward.

Any noticeable shift in your perceptions is a step closer so I wouldn't worry about order.  smiley
140  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Beyond the astral on: July 02, 2013, 09:08:37
"Can you clarify what you mean by non-physical means? Non-physical means are just thoughts and intent?"

None physical as in AP. One example is that I used to spend a lot of time trying to visit Jim Henson's Creature Workshop and other places that made stuff like that during OOBEs. Every time I attempted I would come upon barriers and things that caused me shame within those scenarios. They caused a weird fear or procrastination about not being good enough to be there and seemed to be filled with a sort of negativity. Over the years I acted upon clues within the experiences on what to do to get there and what to expect. I was schooling myself basically. Maybe this process goes unnoticed by those who don't experience their nonphysical consciously.

"What you are describing here is destiny? Are you implying that destiny of every one of us actually works in our favor? WHat about destiny of kind man vs. destiny of criminal? Was their destiny's intent good but it were bad choices that cirminal made? Does it mean that each of us is given a destiny that is aimed at bringing us at something good but it is our wrong choices that can make go things awry?"

A self made destiny... not a written in the stars type thing. I don't think we are given a predestined destiny. It is our free will that pushes us through our life. If our intent is strong enough we can conspire with reality to create a destiny or path.

"If I am understanding correctly, having intent is bad? Or it is good to have intent but it is bad to manifest something consciously that doesn't actually work, something that does not exist? Isn't that dreaming? I know they say that dreaming is good though..."

No.. it's not bad at all. It just seems very difficult to orchestrate the future in conscious increments rather than follow the signs of a path well trodden.

"Here you mean that heaven or hell is just another physical construct of our consciousness? Is it just another physical world but differnet from this world we live in?"

Yes. I think if you find yourself in another place with furniture and trees... regardless of whether the denizens have horns or wings... you are in another metaphorical construct organised by belief.
141  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Can control energy but not feel it? on: July 02, 2013, 08:22:02
I apologise... I meant Bagua. I did a bit of checking.
142  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Robert Monroe's "Click Out" technique on: July 02, 2013, 08:01:55
It was Far Journeys.

"Far Journeys, 1985, Robert A Monroe

GRADE: 8.5

This book came several years after Monroe's first book. TMI has moved from Afton to Faber and is now well working with their Hemi-Sync techniques, which have improved and become well developed compared to the early 1970's. But the book doesn't provide as much info as I would have hoped by all those years of development. Parts of the Gateway Program are described.

A lot of detail concepts are described, like ROTE, CHEC, clicking-out, Time-Space-Illusion (TSI), M-Band noise, NVC, etc. The book explains how the Explorer Teams work and give several examples of direct explorations, but I would have liked a little more conclusions or perhaps explanations to what Monroe thinks has happened during those explorations. (Some of these early Explorer Team recordings can still be found on the TMI home page, but they are mostly without conclusions or interpretations from TMI.)
"

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/robert_monroe_journeys_trilogy-t32072.0.html;wap2=

As for the method I don't know because I haven't read the last two properly.
143  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Beyond the astral on: July 02, 2013, 07:46:37
It's the way of getting into a clique industry by avoiding the pitfalls of the worst engineered parts of the human condition that's the trick. It's a bit of a breeding ground of jealousy and envy. It's also orchestrated and ran by greed - the studios. If I had entered the industry at any time earlier than I did I wouldn't have been able to handle it.

At the end of the day I loved films and was arty... and that was an obvious vocation for me.. but I was constantly being told that I couldn't move forward towards the goal via non-physical means. It was a sort of waiting game. But one where I was constantly given opportunities of creating the right choices available so that all possible outcomes led to the final outcome I was desiring. It was a non-conscious process at the time you understand. I wasn't some sort of alchemist of destiny. I was just intuitively following pointers and making decisions based upon my nonphysical experiences at the time. 

It is when I try to orchestrate it consciously that doesn't actually work. I know why... it's because of true intent. Like trying to ice a cake that hasn't been made yet... or build a castle without foundation.

Anyway.. this is the reason it's obvious to me that both the physical and nonphysical are intertwined. The nonphysical does seem to dictate the physical in terms of consciousness... we as conscious beings build objects and make things based upon the constrained laws of this reality construct. We also furnish the nonphysical with the same metaphorical constructs like rooms and windows... a more 'meta-literal' version of what we do here.

Whatever HELL or HEAVEN we end up in... Whether it's fire and brimstone or clouds and harps... we are still projecting physical metaphors within consciousness.

Thinking on that, it's an interesting thought to imagine they will go to heaven or hell go to their own construct and play out their fantasies within their own little heaven/hell while tucked away in their little VR prison. Maybe those who are more awakened get to be a bit more 'in the know'... The Tibetan Book of the Dead winks at this.
144  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: AP from within a dream? on: July 01, 2013, 19:13:45
Yes.  It was a real OOBE.  When I have a RTZ projection (ending up in your house next to your body) my house is never exactly like my real house.  Very close, but some things are a little different.  Pretty much everyone else who writes about their RTZ projections says the same thing.

Oh... I'm not amongst 'everyone else'. My RTZ projections were evidently located HERE. The fact they were HERE distinguished them from ones that weren't HERE.
145  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Beyond the astral on: July 01, 2013, 18:00:08
If something is in line with what you desire, you should always think twice about it being true.

Very true... unless it's something that applies to physical reality. I have been creating my own reality for years. How do you think a small kid from a backwater town in the UK lands himself a top position in the film industry without any college education and qualifications to speak of? That's just a very small part of the bigger picture but it can't be taught... only experienced.
146  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Spirituality hidden in common media on: July 01, 2013, 17:53:34
You need to read 'the Hero's Journey'. It's what all stories are based on.. all films.. all character arcs... all fairy stories... biblical and spiritual tales are also based upon the framework of the Hero's Journey.

It's about the spiritual and physical journey of the hero and it repeats the same motif over and over again. Nothing is new.
147  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Just A Shadow - SP on: July 01, 2013, 17:44:06
Very true. A fearful deep state SP will create very strong long lasting OOBEs.
148  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: An Intriguing Consciousness Theory on: June 30, 2013, 22:55:59
Yes.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/140739-stanfords-quantum-entanglement-device-brings-us-one-step-closer-to-quantum-cryptography
149  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: An Intriguing Consciousness Theory on: June 30, 2013, 18:41:29
So very true. It's increasing. The media and internet in general is very bias at the moment and is seemingly on a mission to eradicate dualism and theism of any kind. I read an interesting article about Wikipedia and the concerted effort of paranormal articles being reduced by an increasing number of 'materialist police'. I'll try to dig it out.
150  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Just A Shadow - SP on: June 30, 2013, 17:17:01
Awesome.

I like that you mentioned the significant difference between the intent and personality of the 'intruder' compared to that of those met during an 'actual' experience. They/it just seem to ooze a distinct foreboding that makes one feel utterly exposed and helpless. This of course turns into a self perpetuated situation of running scared of your own fear. Many times I used to enter SP then mid way through it think 'I bet this turns scary' and sure enough it would.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 86