The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 08, 2021, 12:32:12

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 86
76  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Projecting from SP on: July 14, 2013, 04:09:24
... it's currently easiest to get SP within a certain time frame within the day, other than some random times.

That's what I've been trying to tell people for 30 years. Wink
77  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: ganzfeld technique good for phasing? on: July 14, 2013, 04:03:17
The moment I posted that I KNEW you would turn it around. It also reminded me of the Matrix; "there is no spoon"

I should have said

A chainsaw in your mouth.

We phase out very naturally with our eyes open... it's called day dreaming... its just a lot more difficult to do voluntarily.
78  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The firsts moments after death on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:08
This physical reality universe doesn't necessarily have to rely on the perceptive input of a conscious being to exist. It's also derived of consciousness... not separate from no?

Also... this earth is obviously one of many others. So the whole universe would have to be 'sterilised' of all organic life including the ingredients for its emergence. In that case the universe wouldn't exist as we know it anyway.. carbon being the most common element.

79  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Highest Meditation - Rupert Spira on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:31
I just watched the one you posted on Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVCeCqwAkFE&feature=youtu.be

Pretty awesome guy.
80  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: inducing sleep paralysis on: July 14, 2013, 03:49:03
I usually don't hang around too long for the SP sensations to peak these days. I used to wait till the peak calmed down then separated. I used to think I had to. The truth is... as soon as you enter SP you are already nonphysical and how you realise this fact is usually in the form of some sort of 'method' to get out. We are so used to operating in a meat body with apparent substance in a reality that requires cause and effect that we assume when we are logged into 'pure consciousness central' these same rules apply.

Being distracted by the sensations can be switched. Use a metaphor that allows the intense sensations to be a form of an energy expulsion process that is working your nonphysical loose. The more intense... the more you are being shook away from your physical. Like a snake sheds its skin.

Excitement and fear seem to increase the sensations. This is heavily likely to be a physical response anyway; the release of endorphins and/or adrenaline. So bearing what I've said above in mind... relax. Go with it and just give in to it. In the words of Lionheart... SURRENDER.

There are so many ways to skin this chicken that it's down to you to find the best way that suits you. Wink
81  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: got to sleep paralasis and started panicing and got out of it on: July 13, 2013, 02:04:17
Good luck!!!

82  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The firsts moments after death on: July 13, 2013, 02:03:02
What makes a "dream" unstable and this physical reality stable is the number of consciousnesses currently creating and experiencing within it. 

My thoughts exactly.

I once thought of a scenario that involved going to see aunty Betty in the NPMR. First there would be your impressions of what the place is from memory (or expectation) and what the place actually is.. combined with what aunty Betty is also projecting as her subjective 'home' and the impressions of her house that those that know aunty Betty also project... including those that once lived and maybe died there. On top of this is what you expect aunty Betty to be doing... combined with what aunty Betty is thinking about at the time. She could be watching a movie or reading a book or daydreaming.

what if she is watching a film that has a nasty home invasion scene, imagining and therefore playing out the same scenario in the NPMR or what if she is being burgled and another consciousness is involved?  haha
83  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Another close call on: July 12, 2013, 21:52:09
I use both methods.. Sleep Paralysis and more recently Phasing.

Teeth Sparkage....  grin I know exactly what you mean. Crackling zingy teeth.

You can deepen the state by being 'into' it... rather than passively observing it. Sometimes SP is intense and feels like a true 'locked' state and other times it waxes and wanes and slips away like sand through fingers. I have personally found that I am more likely to get a weak SP in the morning. This is me personally.

Usually my weakly waning SPs are also involuntary and tend to get me unawares. I sometimes grab the opportunity to deepen it in a few ways. One is to rumble my ears. I don't know whether you know what I mean by this... but when you yawn or scrunch your eyes up your ears rumble. Well I can make them rumble voluntarily... some people can. It's basically tensing the tiny muscles in the ear. The rumbling is the noise of the muscles pulsating when they are activated. Anyway... if you can do this then it's a MASSIVE help in deepening SP. Another way to deepen the vibrations and SP is to manipulate your bottom jaw.

All these are physical aids to create more of the SP. When it happens.. get interested in it and use any metaphor or means possible to deepen it.

Alternatively when you first feel the signs of this state... sit up, spin or float out.
84  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: got to sleep paralasis and started panicing and got out of it on: July 12, 2013, 21:38:54
Hey tryingtoobe

Your english and spelling are ok... it's your lack of full stops and commas that left me gasping.  grin

The rule with SP is to let it do its thing. Go with it. The more you panic... the tighter the vice gets. I understand this... we all understand this.

Now you've had it, you know what to expect.

The other trick is to not pay any attention to the crazy sensations and noises if they scare you... ignore them and instead use the energy to better use and focus on turning your mind inwards and away from the physical world. You are in the best state of mind to do this.

On the other hand, if you can get over the noises and vibrations you can also concentrate on them and use them to your advantage. Some people love these sensations and find they help project. I have experienced both intense fear during SP and more often than not elation.
85  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: ganzfeld technique good for phasing? on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:37
Apart from a spoon.
86  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The firsts moments after death on: July 12, 2013, 07:14:37
I would assume you do phase into NPMR after complete death.. but on a level not experienced during life and yet probably very familiar when it does happen.
87  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Projecting from SP on: July 11, 2013, 07:55:39
I just noticed that I got my previously paralyzed hand up and thought it might be easier.

Awesome.

If you have got this far... instead of 'slipping out'... bring your nonphysical hands up to your face and start rubbing them together like you would to keep them warm. When you get the sensation of how utterly real it feels try blowing on them as you rub them. It sounds kind of silly but it's a really good way to 'locate' non-physically. It also 'anchors' you into the nonphysical.
88  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Let's Share Some Great Music Playlists! on: July 11, 2013, 07:43:00
I love music but I'm not as passionate as you Stillwater. I know your type though.... I know it well. A few of my friends are very motivated in life by music and I find it kind of intimidating when it comes to sharing my taste with them... because with that level of love of music it seems to come with a type of snobbery. It's only a perceived snobbery... not actual snobbery. Like a film buff has snobbery. Geekyness I suppose is another way of putting it.

aaaaaaanyway.... for what it's worth this is what I was listening to this morning....

Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeroes. This is a great live compilation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIvfE01J0k

89  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Looking for help on: July 11, 2013, 07:30:52
Hey Bodom418 and welcome.

This...

Lately when practicing visualization techniques, I'll find I start to drift off after some time, and suddenly snap back to...being more presently-conscious? It's hard to describe. When this happens, it's usually accompanied by an intense whole-body feeling;a sort of pressure. I guess this is a mark of some progress or heading down the right path?

.... is perfect.

In my little method I have written that talks about focusing on repeating a mantra I say this...

"When your find your mind wandering away and pull it back to the mantra, this pull back will shift you into SP."

When inducing SP people think that mechanically repeating mantras or visualising something will do the trick... not so... When the mind wanders it's a good indication that one is starting to drift into the nonphysical... catching yourself doing this is the key to flipping the mind back to the NOW while the body continues to tip over the edge into sleep.

What you are experiencing however seems to be a slip into slow wave sleep rather than REM. When you slip into REM consciously you will experience Sleep Paralysis... slipping into slow wave sleep consciously feels different - rapid heartbeat... giddiness like vertigo... and pressure.

To get Sleep paralysis when tipping over the edge one needs to have had a prior sleep.

90  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: inducing sleep paralysis on: July 11, 2013, 07:06:42
The main 'trick' for inducing Sleep Paralysis is to induce it after you have woken from a sleep or nap. If you for instance want to do it first thing at night before you go to sleep proper, you will need to have had some sort of nap at least 1 hour before and at the very most 5 hours. The same for the morning. If you want to have SP on a morning you will have woken from a nights sleep. This only works however if you woke up from a dreamless sleep. If you woke up, hit the snooze button and rolled over and dreamt.. you will have lessened the chances of SP. If you set an alarm so it wakes you an hour and a half before you normally get up and actually wake up you have a window of inducing SP until mid afternoon.

It sounds complicated but it's actually a very very simple way to 'manage' your experiences. I've been doing this for 30 years and it's kept my experiences regular as clockwork.. give or take the odd dry spell.
91  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: The firsts moments after death on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:58
I think it would be like waking up from the most intense dream but on an unimaginable scale.

Where you come out of it and was so wrapped up in it.. believing every morsel of it while it was happening only to realise you went through the whole thing having forgotten who you really are.. it contained elements of YOU but you forgot you were a being of consciousness and that you signed up for it in the first place to learn another lesson.

*EDIT*

Just read this reply from Tom Campbell to a dream question on YouTube.

'One of the dream reality's functions (because it has many more degrees of freedom) is to allow you to process experience and issues developed in PMR. The dream reality is usually not controlled by the individual, when it is, it is called a "lucid dream". A significant portion of one's experience in the dream reality takes place within a "learning opportunity" scenario generated by the LCS -- you simply react and interact with the conditions of that scenario. The dream enhances learning in PMR'

This is also a learning opportunity... and everything is fractal.. as above so below.

PMR is Physical Matter Reality = this reality

LCS is the Large Consciousness System and refers to the construct of consciousness which includes this reality and the Astral.
92  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Meeting of the Minds! :) on: July 11, 2013, 06:39:33
Ooh yes... I saw this on FB and wanted to watch it. It all looks exciting lately... all these respected new-science-reality-pioneers are appearing to be making waves... and history.

I always loved Tom and Bruce Lipton.. also Tom and Dean Radin.
93  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Help with Scary Experience on: July 11, 2013, 06:34:16
Hey Macca

I personally think you are effortlessly yet subconsciously running the show here. If you did a nice bit of meditation between OOBE attempts it might help to let you consciously take the reigns of your experiences.

If you notice you are literally thinking and seeing. Like lionheart said...

The next was when you felt a menacing presence behind you, then turned and saw him holding a gun, just like a "menacing presence" would do.

If you felt a presence behind you and thought at that moment that he was there to give you flowers, then that is what would have happened as well.

Remember in the NPR (Non Physical Reality), thought = action.

This is the truest fact of the whole experience. You are what you project. This isn't a reductionist view... I'm not saying that you are just imagining it all. Fear is the first hurdle of the show and it can influence every corner of life... the nonphysical takes no exception to this and will project fear as an incarnate for you to deal with be it in the form of an entity or situation. Base... raw fear is there always bubbling at the surface of anything 'unknown'. Unfortunately, organised religion has given substance to the fear in the form of ' demonic evil' so regardless of your atheism you are still subject to that corner of the psyche when you are being backed into it.

You'll probably learn to circumnavigate your fear as you project more and practice further.
94  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Projecting from SP on: July 06, 2013, 02:22:24
You were already 'out'. The process of getting out is like a self imposed interface that needs to be followed because it's a logical thing; to exit the physical as a copy of yourself. If you think past all the the barriers of needing to actively get out you will find projection so much easier. I used separation methods for years... So there's nothing wrong with them.
95  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Pineal Gland on: July 06, 2013, 01:18:42
No.. you can't decalcify your pineal gland because of the actual biology of the Pineal Gland. Don't worry about your pineal gland... pineal glands have been calcifying since recorded history.

It relies on calcium to operate properly.
96  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I need exercises and meditations to prepare me for AP on: July 06, 2013, 01:11:09
One story that really kicked me in the '3rd eye' was 'the Chronicles Of Thomas Covenant'. I was reading the trilogy at the time I tipped myself into the nonphysical. I remember that it also kind of made me feel safe because I could relate to the main character.

It was my favourite teacher who gave me the books. Because I didn't get around to reading them at school, she gave me them as I was leaving primary school to go to big kids school. I would love to have told her I was like Thomas Covenant.
97  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Chicago serial killer must be found on: July 05, 2013, 21:59:58
Yes!!!

Demand Justice.
98  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Chicago serial killer must be found on: July 05, 2013, 20:44:45
They are capable but rarely do.
99  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: kanashibari on: July 05, 2013, 20:43:28
I literally daren't look. haha
100  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Chicago serial killer must be found on: July 05, 2013, 19:04:31
The only purpose it served me was feeling useless to do anything about them. Maybe I'm the wrong type of candidate for this type of 'ability'.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 86