The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 30, 2020, 17:53:44

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
1  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Why wont spirits tell anything useful ? on: April 21, 2009, 20:33:35
Holy crap necromancy. I was wondering why I got an email saying someone responded to a topic on a board I haven't been to in years. This topic is about 4 years old man.
2  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Telekinetic Dreams on: April 07, 2008, 21:10:27
I get those a lot, probably because I attempt (but fail) to do telekinesis in real life a lot. It'd be a good dream sign for me if I was aware enough to realize I was dreaming. Kinda sucks tho when I do TK, get all excited that I finally did it, then wake up and realize it was a dream.

I also apply the same principles to fly by tking myself.
3  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Dream Journal Software on: September 25, 2007, 22:50:09
Hi all,

I'm trying to find some dream journal software for my use that is not an online site.  Just want something offline.  I have been using OBE Journal for awhile, but the domain is gone, and the journal has a few issues.  I don't need anything super feature rich (by this I mean, I don't need complex dream sign dictionaries or programs to try and interpret my dreams for me), and freeware would be best.  Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything (I hear the forums were hacked at some point and there's a lot of posts that are missing, so it's possible what I was looking for was lost in the mayhem.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Pulsating energy in the sole of my feet when ascending to fly on: May 20, 2007, 21:40:06
When I dream, no, I don't feel energy.  I usually don't feel anything.  Although sometimes I propel myself with 'wind'.

But that's me.  I'm sure if I tried to do with by shooting energy out my feet, that'd work too.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: TK power guy vs James Randi (guess who wins.. -_-) on: April 18, 2007, 23:38:40
James could have just required the guy to wear a mask or some kind of covering over his mouth.  Would have been a bit simplier I think.  His idea psyched the guy out completely tho.

By the way, I think the trick would have been possible under those conditions.  I was in the airport the other day, and there was some kind of dvd that teaches you a magical levitation trick.  I watched the guy flip around one of my coins in midair, as well as a pen.  He said it used some kind of secret substance you could order from the company.  It wasn't worth the $40 and I'd rather learn real telekinesis someday, but I think if the guy had some of that stuff, he could have beaten Randy's test conditions.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do people ever treat you differently? on: April 02, 2007, 17:48:16
I've never had problems with people believing me... but then again, I've haven't really explored the world enough to really run into doubt. 

I was hit by a car a few years ago and I didn't even get bruised, whereas the car's windshield was cracked and I put a 3 inch dent in the side board. I've never ever had someone disbelieve that story, especially when I show them pictures of the car.  Maybe it's because they reason that somehow I was just extremely lucky and got hit just right.  It's also possible that they are right.

Lucid Dreaming... never had any problems with people believeing me.  Probably because a majority of people have at one point or another realized they were dreaming.

More esoteric things like Chi, Telekinesis, AP, and the such I haven't tried to get anyone to believe as I haven't experienced it for myself... however, a good deal of my friends do believe in Chi, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a stretch.
7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Flying in a Lucid dream on: March 16, 2007, 22:07:26
Rereading this thread, I felt a bit nostoglic reading some of my posts from about 3 years ago in this thread (and a trace of a ToS breaking argument I had someone someone that didn't get deleted), so I thought I'd pop in with a few more of my experiences dreaming.

Normally when I fly, there's no resistance at all.  I just go in the direction I want and that's that.  Although, once while in the middle of a lucid dream, I found it really hard to fly down, I have no idea why.  I had to 'turn off' my fight and let myself fall to go down.

But anyways, in one dream I had a few years ago, I was flying with my arms outstretched like a bird again.  Except I wasn't flapping my arms.  Anyways, I decided to try and propel myself with wind.  All the sudden, I'm feeling this strong but soft wind pushing me from underneath propelling me into the air, much like birds do.  It was a pretty fun experience.

The other weird part about flying is that often times, when I'm having trouble controlling my dreams, it's while I'm flying.  I'll get 'stuck' flying in a loop, unable to break out, or like mentioned earlier, be unable to fly down or something.

But when all else fails, and I'm having problems flying, I can always super jump.  Super Jumping has never let me down for some reason.  Probably because my brain knows how jumping works in real life and so it's easier to extrapolate how it'd work if I had a little more 'oomph' in my jump.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Validation thread! on: March 14, 2007, 14:48:14
Hey, an idea Nay.  What if you took a picture of a decent size chunk of an unrelated part of your room?  Then people could focus on that and try to project there, then find your desk and the object.  It might help, I dunno, I've got no OBE skills yet so I can't say for sure one way or another if that'd help.  I'm still trying to recover my lost lucid dream skills so I'm afraid I won't be of any personal help.

EDIT:
I swear I started this post before the above post was made.  Rather good timing on my part >_>
9  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Robert Bruce: I'm in serious trouble on: December 21, 2005, 09:05:01
This post is like 2 years old guys, DarkMind gave this the good ole Necromancy bump.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The False-gods of astral pulse on: November 29, 2005, 05:14:13
Quote from: Veral42
Dude, if ya wanna preach "rightiousness" and "truth" then do it another place.

He has, his last post in this topic was 13 days ago (nov 15th).  I think it's safe to say he's gone.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What do you guys make of magic tricks like this? on: November 24, 2005, 19:56:10
A thing that has always bugged me is these magicians always cover up the area where they are doing their crazy tricks, such as walking through windows.  To me this says that there is a trick behind it and not magic.

But then again, there's videos like this

http://www.wimp.com/transformation/

No covering up.  Most magicians I've seen would turn the card around, then turn it back and bam, it's the right card.  But this guy transforms it in front of everyone.

Only 2 options I can think of for this one.  Video editing, or it's the real thing.
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What do you guys make of magic tricks like this? on: November 24, 2005, 07:33:04
How do they do those slight of hand tricks I wonder.  He 'transforms' some rather large objects.

As for the girl, I think you'd be surprised at what people would be willing to try.  Really tho, it's gotta be an all or nothing thing.  Either everyone is in on the trick, or it's real.  I can't see how they can raise a girl in the air like that otherwise.  There's no platforms below her... unless there's like a helicopter above her pulling her into the air with a string, but I highly doubt that.
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What do you guys make of magic tricks like this? on: November 24, 2005, 00:11:12
http://www.wimp.com/parrottrick/
http://www.wimp.com/levitates/

I know a great deal of magic tricks are really misdirection and the such, but I can't see any way people could have done these things without staging the whole scene and some video editing (or, obviously, the guy really is levitating people and teleporting objects around).  Then again, I'm most definately not a magician so maybe there's something I'm missing.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / MSN Messenger: The end? on: November 23, 2005, 06:13:42
I've never really used msn anyways.  AIM and Yahoo are much better, in my experience anyways.
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The False-gods of astral pulse on: November 23, 2005, 06:12:50
The original poster is long gone, I think you guys are just wasting your time now :p
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The False-gods of astral pulse on: November 16, 2005, 06:15:57
Quote from: Ybom
Quote from: Blackstream
Demanding we give proof for the existance of what we believe, while you don't have to give proof of what you believe because you think your side is obviously true is completely unfair.

The concept of fair and unfair is for another topic. Unfortunately, I think focusing on them is only useful if you can convince others to their guidelines.

Cliche #028974326: Life is unfair. Deal with it.

Why are you nitpicking on one word?  You could put many other words there that work just as well.  Hypocritical, ironic, faulty reasoning, circular logic, and so on.  When it comes right down to it, he's doing exactly the same thing he's accusing us of doing.  That is, taking experiences and assuming things about them because they are obviously so (to the observer).
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The False-gods of astral pulse on: November 15, 2005, 06:32:19
Quote from: Abraham

First you have to prove that "higher selves" actually exist. If thats not possible then there is no point of further discussion.

I was just explaining the Christian doctrine and putting it in terms that most astral projectors are familiar with.  Whether or not the trinity or higher selves exist is irrelevent, I was just pointing out they were similar before someone said it was dumb.

Actually the Bible is known to have contradictions and that it wasnt "all God's word" . It is known to have verses which were written by men and not God. This is even testified to by the catholic church:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-1811332,00.html

The catholic church isn't representative of the Christian religion, but rather the Catholic religion.  Christian's don't give a damn if the pope says the bible isn't neccessarily completely true.  If I was a catholic, I'd either assume the church had been corrupted and go by my old teachings, or I'd dump the entire religion.  You can't live a religion not knowing what teachings are true and what teachings are false.

Anyways, for every supposed contradiction out there, there's an explaination out there on the web.  Not that it really matters, because this is about your religion, not mine.

The Qur'an is proof, and the history of the Prophet Muhammad sws which was well-documented is proof. The very fact that he could not read or write, and he recited a book which is unique, eloquent and without contradiction(read it yourself) is proof that it is from the All-Knowing Creator. And if you say that its from sort of 'astral being' that too is ridiculous, for first you would have to prove the astral is actually in existence.

You base this proof on an assumption.  That is, that it proves the existance of God.  All it proves is that Muhammad uttered something that was a solid block of logic (supposedly, I haven't looked into the religion to see if this is actually the case).  This proves nothing else.  

Anything else from there is a deduction on your part.  You see this and see an all-mighty creator.  However, another explaination could be a trickster devil called Satan whose trying to create a false religion to confuse the masses.  He whispers this full book into his ear, word for word (and Satan would be more than smart enough to make sure it didn't have contradictions, and give it predictions that should come true and odd facts that no one should know).  

Another explaination could be a God residing on the astral realm giving this stuff out.  Another explaination could be somebody behind the scenes helping him.  Magicians do crazy stuff all the time in front of live audiences.  You weren't there, you don't know what might have really happened.  

If you say you have to prove the existance of the astral realm in order for that explaination to be valid, then heck, I want you to prove the existance of God and heaven for your explaination to be valid.  

Demanding we give proof for the existance of what we believe, while you don't have to give proof of what you believe because you think your side is obviously true is completely unfair.
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The False-gods of astral pulse on: November 14, 2005, 11:54:59
First off, on the subject of Jesus being God or the Son of God, you have to realize that a fundamental part of the Christian doctrine is the concept of the trinity.  That is, that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all separate entities, and yet are the same being all at once.  So Jesus can be the son of God, and God at the same time.

And for anyone who thinks that's ridiculous, I just have to say this, "Higher selves."  Same concept, different application.

Anyways, onto this guy's tirade.  You do realize that the bible supposedly has all the exact same proofs behind it too, right?  Solid block of logic, no contradictions (I've researched a lot of the supposed ones, still have yet to find one), miracles were performed and witnessed by many a audience, blah blah.

I'm sure other religions have the same kinda backing, although I'm sure other ones also have contradictions, but that's not the point.

The point is, how do you know your God is the right God and not someone elses?  You are basing your entire beliefs off of some dude who pulled a book out of his butt and some supposed miracles that you never saw for yourself?  What proof has this God given to you in your life that he exists, and how do you know that they are in fact from your God and not due to another being or coincidence?

Faith.  That's what it is.  You have taken your religion's supposed facts on faith, your God's existence on faith.  Christians have taken their God's existance on faith.

Astral projectors take their realms existance on faith too, that it's not a lucid dream.

Why is your faith better than anyone elses?  You won't know whose right until you die.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Projection & The Bible... on: November 07, 2005, 03:56:37
and he beheld the sky opened up, and a certain object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. And a voice came to him, "Arise, Peter, kill and eat!" But Peter said, "By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean." And again a voice came to him a second time, "What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy." (Acts 10:11-15)

Basically, a lot of people believe that the rules in the old testament are what are considered "hedge laws".  In other words, they don't apply any more.  Things like stoning your kids for stealing and stuff.

Btw, the above verse also appears to be an obe/dream :p
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Frank's virtual classroom on: October 16, 2005, 07:18:51
Well to be honest, I have to look at it from this point of view.  The scam artists that do use that layout, use it for a reason.  That reason is probably being that it works Tongue  It would make no sense for said person to use a layout that gives them nothing instead. (Don't take this as saying I think your site is a scam, more like your format does most likely work)

Now, me personally, I already said that the thing that makes me shy away from the book is that it promises infinite wealth, but I suppose I might look into your book anyways, because I know you well enough to know you've got to be for real.
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Frank's virtual classroom on: October 15, 2005, 03:44:51
It's hard for me to take any book seriously that promises infinite effortless wealth (although this is Adrian's book in question, not anything of Frank's).  Maybe I'm just too cynical (and maybe that's why I can't have infinite wealth... I have to free my mind from these constraints :p)

Regardless, Adrian really, really, really needs to change the layout of the page hyping his book.  Super long text page reiterating the same points over and over ending with a section that talks about how his $30 value is really a $100 value is like THE style that con artists use and people will pass it up because of that.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Whats the longest time you spent out in the Real Time Zone? on: October 05, 2005, 02:55:37
Probably means before it turns into the alice and wonderland thing you mentioned.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / QUESTIONS FROM A NEWBIE!!! on: August 19, 2005, 07:27:33
control and awarenes in obes is much like dream control... if you do one, you'll most likely be able to do the other.

Nothertheless, I can see why you'd prefer to have fun in a world that includes real beings as opposed to beings from your own imagination (not to mention that you can probably run into stuff your brain would have never come up with in the astral as opposed to a dream).
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What is phasing? on: July 05, 2005, 09:15:11
In a nutshell, it's the same process to get a WILD.  I suspect the intent is different or something, although I believe Frank holds that there is no difference between a WILD and a Phase to focus 2 (except in a WILD you are in your own space I guess).
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / movies dealing with obe/lucid dreaming/metaphysics on: June 29, 2005, 04:26:25
Suspect 0 is about remote viewing.

What the bonk do we know? goes without saying.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14