The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 16, 2017, 18:51:28

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Muscles Tightening - Getting Close? on: July 18, 2016, 01:15:50
So perhaps I'm getting close to sleep paralysis? If so, that's good news!
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Politics in other worlds during Astral Projection on: July 17, 2016, 23:43:52
I guess people are afraid of change.

My bet is that sometimes people simply don't need change.

Watch this, and ask yourself for a moment what side is actually representing a higher state of spiritual existence. It's fun pondering anyhow. wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmwK2-R2dY
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Politics in other worlds during Astral Projection on: July 17, 2016, 23:23:16
In the world I typically go to monarchy is the norm, despite the countries having modern, even in some cases futuristic technology, democracy just isn't a concept and I've tried to explain it but most people there just can't wrap their heads around it. The political intrigue in the royal courts is always interesting.

My guess is that the preference for monarchy only reflects a higher spiritual environment, enabling more emphasis on the aesthetic dimension of power rather than the purely political side of it.

Here on Earth, we need democracy (or at least some form of parliamentarism) and lots of checks and balances on power, simply because we humans are selfish, jealous, power hungry beasts, easily fooled, ready to take advantage of each other or being cowed and manipulated by politically correct bans on honest opinion. There is also material deprivation that doesn't exist over there.

I'm pleased to learn this. I'd prefer monarchy myself if people were only as enlightened and unselfish as me. wink
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Muscles Tightening - Getting Close? on: July 17, 2016, 22:56:54
The attempts at finally achieving an OBE goes on!  grin

Whenever I'm trying to meditate, this happens to me.

(I call trying to get out of body "meditation", since I never seem to remember the specific exit techniques anyway. So better just go along what feels right and improvise, I believe.)

I seem to reach a state when I get kind of disoriented, almost as in losing balance. Triumphantly I imagine this means I'm getting close to an exit, but as soon as I reach this state, the body responds by tightening every muscle it can find, like it blocks me from going any further.

Would you say I'm getting close to an exit when this happens or am I just imagining things and still only in a wimpy shallow trance, far from actually reaching an OBE?

If the former, is there anything you can do not to get your body to react in this way?
5  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Do we really choose our parents before birth? on: July 17, 2016, 21:42:55
In regards to predetermined birth, I have read and heard many talk about this topic already in my life at 21 years old. I don't know everything about it yet, but most people I have talked to who are heavily involved into spirituality and self-realization say that we do in fact choose our next body to be placed into.

They only say that cause "self improvement" people are people full of energetic momentum, and they generally look good enough to take matters into their own hands and "realize" themselves without being laughed off the table. They have never experienced existential quagmire, the realization that nothing you do can get you unstuck or that everything moves in slow-motion due to catastrophic energy deficits.

Of course they believe everything is a "personal choice" and up to you. Like starving to death in Africa. Dumbasses.
6  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Do we really choose our parents before birth? on: July 17, 2016, 21:23:52
We choose our biological vehicle before birth not out parents.

If that's true, I can't believe what an idiot I was. wink
7  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Do we really choose our parents before birth? on: July 17, 2016, 20:44:59
As far as I have been told, you aren't given a physical body until the moment of birth.  So abortions are just the clearing of physical matter, nothing spiritual.

An unborn baby is living physical matter, so I don't believe this at all. It's like saying a dog or a lamprey is just a robot and only human beings have souls. Considered the seamless organics of 3.8 billion years of biological evolution that's clearly not the case.

As for being setup with "dirty" parents, that's only a quarter of your life (for most beings) so it's not a big factor when deciding your life experiences.  There are also people who are drawn to that type of behavior and treatment as like attracts like.  People could also be placed based on karmaic responsibilities.

Well, I'm 46 and still stuck with my family. Old parents who need being cared for and siblings I can't stand. I will never be free in this life. A chunk of me inside is still like a teenager cause I was never able to accomplish or experience what others take for granted.

Seems like I was a pretty bad guy in my last incarnation or something to suffer this. But I still doubt it's cosmic justice being handed out. Reason is, I came into this world as a reasonably advanced spirit and this life has mainly had a detrimental effect on my status. I'm not advancing, I'm de-evolving, or that's what it feels like anyway.
8  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Video on Astral Projection and Sexuality on: July 17, 2015, 14:35:46
You don't need nerve endings to touch something. People like this are the one's who should stay quiet until they know what they're talking about. Not only that,  but you must realize that while there are, in fact,  feelings that you feel in the astral plane and not on this physical one,  and possibly vice-versa, there are still feelings that can exist on both planes. There are females who can orgasm just thinking about it. Without any external stimulation. That being said, it is quite clear that you cannit single out just nerve endings. So why would you not be able to do the same on the astral plane? What you experience goes far beyond just nerve endings.  I'm getting off topic. What I'm saying is watch out for dummies who claim that you can't do so many things. You are right and many other astral travelers will tell you the same thing. I agree with your definition.

Thank you, AAAAAAAA! That's what I thought. Think your reply covers the lot!
9  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Video on Astral Projection and Sexuality on: July 13, 2015, 14:41:52
Well, the video poster may not be a naysayer per se. He actually claims 30 years of Out of Body experience. I just find the argument lacking in logic. One cannot on the one hand claim that you need physical nerve endings for a specific kind of sensation (sexual pleasure) while on the other hand it is taken for granted you can experience any other sensations while in the astral (like visuals, sound, taste, touch etc) that would in such a case in themselves require certain physical nerve endings. The end result of this line of reasoning would be that you could not in fact experience the astral at all, since it would require a physical nervous system apparatus that you don't have while out of body.

Now, listening it to a second time, he actually gets kind of ambiguous at the end, but anyway. The statement in the early part that "if we don't have the nerve endings, we will not have any sexual sensations" just simply cannot be true.

Robert Lanza, sounds rather interesting. Thanks for the tip, I'll check him out!
10  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: July 08, 2015, 03:16:38
Its good to see someone else who believes in any kind of objective reality out there, even if its not shaped the same as around Earth.

Great, then at least there are two of us! wink

The first question we need to answer, and this probably differs across various places, is:
How many places can be beside each place?
For example, a line has 2 ends, a square has 4 corners, a cube has 8 corners, and so on. It doesnt have to be an integer number of dimensions as it may blob together in other shapes, but I think most of us can agree that even in a place as strange as astral there are things closer or farther away from other things that we can phase between.

Many of these places are experienced as 3d, but that doesnt mean they are only 3d. They can have many variations of them or similar places you can phase between, and for every way it can vary thats a dimension.

What is the branching factor at each place? How many places can be beside each place?

Then we will know how to think about the shape of this map we might build.

Sorry, but I got hung up on that first question: "How many places can be beside each place?". Hm, I don't see why the purely immaterial would need to take up space at all, so the answer by me and Descartes would likely be an infinite number. Inside the various worlds, however, that would be another matter (even if you could instantly teleport around, might bend the very fabric of the local 'space-time' or whatever). Obviously, where there is form there must be space and hence distance.

You read The Magician's Nephew by C. S Lewis when you were young? Remember that scene where the children, after having tried on the rings from Atlantis, arrived in a tranquil, mysterious forest and between the blooming trees there were pond after pond after pond, each leading to a completely separate and different world or cosmos? These worlds did not exist in the same ontological reality at all. No sharing of space or interference needed.

The scene has stuck in my mind ever since I was a kid. Since I discovered Astral Projection I begin to see why... tongue

Hm, I start to wonder what the old professor really knew about this place we call being...
11  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: July 08, 2015, 02:55:14
Sorry BGN!  I didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring your post to me.  I had a long post written in response to the above... but then I re-read what I posted and what I wrote got me thinking.  So I deleted it all.  Smiley  I do that often.  LoL

Hehe, tell me about it! I'm doing it all the time! grin In fact, it's me who should apologize to you for waiting so long before I picked up on this thread again.

I'm just gonna start rambling my thoughts and see where this goes...

This physical reality is just one of those infinite number of "non-physical" (aka: astral) realities.  Your experience here is as unique and individual as any other experience you can have non-physically, but we know that if I told you to go to the corner of Bay St & Front St in downtown Toronto, that you would eventually be able to find your way there.  Why?  Because we agree upon certain aspects of this physical reality.

The question then is... can you do that same thing in another reality?  When I tell you directions here in this physical reality... it's through the expectation that we're both experiencing this physical reality in the same way.  Say we both project into another reality at the same time, are we then experiencing that reality the same way?  

In our projections, we find aspects such as our emotions, thoughts, expectations, beliefs, etc HEAVILY influence what we experience.  
Now, while experiencing this physical reality, those aspects STILL have an effect upon this reality, but it's not as heavily influenced by them.  

What makes this physical reality so stable that it keeps (mostly) that stability through those aspects being applied to it?  The rules that govern it?
What I've personally experienced about the non-physical says that it's much more pliable to those aspects, which would make going to a certain particular destination really difficult.  
Perhaps too then, when I say that "What you experience is objective, but how you experience is subjective" is really just a "per reality" thing.  Maybe some realities are more rigid than others?

In the end, I guess we can't say anything with any certainty.  Smiley

Okay, this was interesting and well explained. So, since the high degree of stability/consensus might just be part of the definition of the material world, would it be plausible to suggest that the stability factor in other environments might in fact be a gradual matter, like some astral environments being more "objective" than others, in the sense of being more or less influenced by our thoughts, expectations etc? Or is this stability essentially only a feature of the physical world and part of what makes it unique?
12  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Video on Astral Projection and Sexuality on: July 08, 2015, 02:44:18
Sorry I might be going on about this theme, but I have to ask, is this how it is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNcHV3ZGOl4

From deduction I call bollocks on this. By consequence, what the guy is essentially saying is that you cannot touch anything in the Astral because you no longer have the appropriate nerve endings when Out of Body or in the Afterlife. In fact, you cannot see, hear, taste food or in anyway experience the Astral at all, cause you wouldn't have the nerve endings for that either.

What I'm saying is there is no reason to single out just the nerve endings that register sexual sensations, i.e. the Bulboid corpuscles, on various specific parts on our body.

The very definition of OBE/NDE would on the contrary include sense awareness without the need of physical organs.

Am I right or am I wrong?
13  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: can you avoid destiny and change what was going to happen in your life on: June 02, 2015, 13:23:43
Here's my take on destiny. I call it the Life is not Groundhog Day hypothesis.

Destiny is simply the avenues of choice seemingly available to you at a certain point due to biological, spiritual and circumstantial conditions. Differently put, it's about restrictions in information.

Thus, what you are and have become probably couldn't turn out much else in any case. The upside of that is there is no real "guilt" either. In real terms, you never had an actual free choice, or at least very little of it to begin with.

That's what is properly ought to be meant by the word "destiny", or "fate". Problem is it gets jumbled up in metaphysical speculations about the world, such as is nature at its innermost core mechanically deterministic or does quantum uncertainty prove in-determination and free will etc. Fate in the life world sense of the above is not reliant on that.  
14  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Do we really choose our parents before birth? on: June 02, 2015, 13:07:53

What if there's nothing to learn but just experience; you might ask experience what?  a non eventful life maybe?  In my opinion the true you, inner self or whatever you want to call it wants to experience all there is to experience, in human concepts the good the bad the exciting the dull love hate happiness misery and once you realize what your experience is just go to the next one by doing it now.  My two cents

Well, yeah. At least that's a coherent kind of reasoning on the matter.
15  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: June 02, 2015, 13:00:30
Thanks for the suggestions. None of that is what I would refer to as mapping, though. What I mean is the description of distinct environments, so they can be objectively identifiable. A "level", as in the schematics proposed by Monroe, would contain many such environments.

Perhaps that's an impossible task, which has been hinted at - I don't know, I've never had ab OBE - and I ought to admit it's all due to my scientific and aesthetic curiosity.
16  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Do we really choose our parents before birth? on: May 31, 2015, 20:14:03
We choose the people we have work
to do with, there are unhealed wounds or past-life situations that need to be resolved.

Maybe, I just have a hard time stomach it. The problem is not that my life has been a negative experience, which mostly it has, it's that I haven't actually experienced or been able to do anything in it, so what's there to learn from it?

If anything, the only thing I ever "learned" was how to be instilled with fear, leading to indecision. Think of a crossroads with overwhelming threats whatever path you choose, leading you to do absolutely nothing, so you never even depart to try to reach where you were going. Or the reception room in a clinic, but without your number ever being announced. That's the story of my life.

Now, what's to learn from that? Absolutely nothing. It's a completely pointless existence. It's been a waste; a waiting room, nothing else.

That's why there has to be an Afterlife, cause that's the only way I could get out of here, and get back a life of my own.

17  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: May 30, 2015, 23:10:36
@BGN

No, my journal is private.

Do you practice OBE? I cannot currently, because I am healing from an injury, so I am spending some extra time at the AP forum lately. However, in my practice, I have found the Monroe Institute (TMI) very helpful. So, if you want to understand why "space" becomes irrelevant in the higher realms, I can (as a final kind gesture) suggest listening to this recording with Robert Monroe.

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/node/770

Good luck to you. Please note that I will not be responding here again to further questions.

I try to practice meditation (daily) since sometime last year and I try out various ideas, but generally speaking I feel I have a long way to go before I might achieve an actual OBE. You never know though. Wink

Thanks for the link!
18  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: May 30, 2015, 12:35:02
And unfortunately, since space does not exist in the higher dimensions, mapping that would eventually become futile. Finally, in regards to individual experience, my own map is already in my personal journal. Hope this helps and saves you some time in your search.

Sounds rather interesting...

Sorry, but I must have missed this part. Is it possible to find this journal of yours somewhere?
19  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: May 30, 2015, 12:06:53
Not exactly.  

What you experience is objective.
But how you experience it is subjective.

(...)

So what you're calling a potential "single and unique experience"... isn't really single and unique.  HOW you experience it will be single and unique, but the truth behind the experience is real.  Someone else might "visit" it and experience something completely different, but the truth behind the experience still doesn't change... only HOW they experienced it.  It's how you/they/us interpret what we experience and what filters we use to interpret them through.

I'll throw out an example. Jurgen Ziewe mentions in his book that there are cities that are thousands of years old, formed from the pliable nature of the non-physical and kept up by what he calls "the power of consensus". This power is strong enough to create at least as powerful a persistence (or what I referred to as objectivity) to these locations as in the physical. (p. 225)

Now, if two explorers from the physical came upon these locations at different times, wouldn't they have visited the same place and be able to recognize it as such? Say there are landmarks, like an exotic palace perched on a hill or a spectacular complex of huge fountains of exquisite aesthetic design in a square somewhere, to which leads only a few very narrow and winding streets, couldn't they be used as markers to a certain location in a certain non-physical environment?

Or is the problem that, depending on their differing mental status, the experience would be so different that the visitors couldn't possibly tell if it was the same location? Maybe so different even, that the palace and square might perhaps even cease to be seen?
20  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Anton from Antares on: May 29, 2015, 00:38:34
Casey, that's great, cause what you write about limited knowledge about the system in question actually has a validating effect on your channeling. And how would you know the star is about to go nova? It's not an everyday occurrence, to say the least.

Also, I thought about the mentioning of "planet", and suggest it might simply be a matter of semantics. You receive the word "planet", but thing is that "stars" and "planets" are vocabulary we use for functional, cultural and historical reasons. What is a planet? It is simply the accumulation of a large enough amount of matter held together by gravity. For instance, if the heap of matter is big enough it gets its round shape we associate with planets straight from the very same effects of gravity.

Now, if we keep on adding matter to the planet, eventually gravity will cause such tremendous pressure inside that fusion reactions will start to occur. In other words, suddenly you'll have a star. Consequently, there is no substantial difference between a planet and a star, it's simply a matter of accumulated mass. Therefore, a planet and a star is materially the same thing - a celestial body, a big ball of matter.
 smiley
21  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Anton from Antares on: May 28, 2015, 22:50:47
Subtle Traveler, I did read it through, but probably wasn't careful enough and I had trouble understanding some of it. I'll re-read it and try to get the details straight this time.
22  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Mapping the Astral on: May 28, 2015, 22:45:21
Thanks for great replies! Well, I have read Jurgen Ziewe's book and it's truly fascinating. I'm thrilled to learn he is a member of this board!

Thing is, as much as a value Ziewe's contribution in trying to posit a useful model of the 'beyond', I'm really asking for a whole lot more in terms of detailed information. tongue

It's so great to read about his experiences, which naturally begs questions like, did several of those places he visited actually belong to the same major environment, or did each and every one of them take place in distinct worlds? Could another astral traveler end up in the same locations he visited? Ziewe himself seems to stress the objectivity of these environments, meaning they should exist on their own, irrespectively of the subjective observer.

Xanth, so in other words, you are more leaning towards the hypothesis that these environments are in fact in a non-trivial sense dependent on the subjective consciousness of the observer, to the extent that each visit consists of a single and unique experience not ever again to be visited by someone else?
23  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Anton from Antares on: May 28, 2015, 22:28:49
Antares is a well known twin star system around 550 light years from Sol. It's true that its main star is likely to go supernova soon, that is within a few hundreds of thousands of years or so, but like said, Antares is a star system, not a planet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antares

Its main star (A) is a massive red supergiant, not unlike Betelgueze, which is so big that if placed within the confines of our star system, it would extend beyond the orbit of Mars. Its companion star (B) is a likewise massive star, yet still on the Main Sequence (meaning it hasn't evolved into a red supergiant yet), namely a white-blue star of Spectral Class B. Class B stars are the second biggest stars on the Main Sequence, preceded only by the gigantic blue Class A stars.

I'd like to know where this alien Anton is channeling you from. Is he for instance on-board a spaceship?
24  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Mapping the Astral on: May 28, 2015, 21:46:03
Has anyone thought about this?

Provided every OBE environment is not unique and subjective to the person experiencing it, it ought in principle to be possible to catalogue the 'worlds' in question and perhaps even their possible relation to one another.

So we know there is a 'physical double' world closest to us. This is where most people who manage to have an OBE apparently go most of the time, at least until they are able to 'raise their vibration' high enough to visit more distant dimensions.

Further out from the immediate physical double there are additional 'Earth' similar environments, gradually losing similarity to the physical plane, and beyond these the wish fulfillment planes or paradise environments. In the 'opposite direction' from the physical there are of course the lower planes of bleakness and suffering.

"Sideways", there are apparently environments not modeled on our material universe, but perhaps on other universes or perhaps just different free standing environments on their own.

The general picture is rather well known. However, would it be possible, perhaps through the sharing of OBE information, to establish the identity of distinct environments and something like a description of what they are like? Maybe some specific scenery/location that is known to likely exist only in that environment?

Of course, such a grand scheme is not pulled off in a heartbeat, but neither is it the point. Just a preliminary identification of a handful environments immediately beyond the 'double' would be a great achievement and of tremendous importance. Could we even speak of a fledging discipline of "Astralography"?
grin
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: John Titor and multiple timeline theory on: May 04, 2015, 14:23:40
It's actually MUCH worse than even that...

Remember, it's not just whether a choice was made or not... any change in this reality, whether it be a molecule moved left instead of right would ALSO create an entire universe to split.  

When you take that into consideration, it then becomes beyond stupid what would be required for this kind of system to exist.

And when you take into consideration that the single reason behind the many worlds theory in the first place was to find an explanation to the collapse of the wave function that was consistent with both the received wisdom on quantum mechanics and maintaining a strictly materialist world view, i.e. leaving out any 'spiritual forces' causing collapse, then the intellectual meltdown becomes complete. In other words, anything, no matter how far-fetched or complex, to defend materialism and deny the possibility of an afterlife.

One of the biggest advocates of the many worlds theory is my fellow countryman, Max Tegmark. I'm sorry, but I regard this person as a very smart, mathematically brilliant, highly intelligent idiot.
Pages: [1] 2 3