The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 18, 2019, 16:34:24

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Passion in the NON physical vs. Passion in the physical on: March 06, 2016, 01:47:18
So I am at the point in my life where I could care less about music, art, romance, travel, etc. Been there done that... I am now raising a family, working, paying taxes, and paying the bills. Everything is fine, love my children and my wife and I am comfortable.

I used to be a professional musician. Music and art was the end all be all. Those things had an immense effect over my emotions. I thought those things really meant something! I'm sure they still do for a lot of people my age (40's) and this is only a description of my perspective.

But what is quantifiable is the fact that I seem to feel the passion of my youth when dreaming. Romance seems new and exciting. Physical objects like instruments or even cars seem new and exciting. Everything seems to have more meaning and purpose. But this is the same me in both realities!

Whats going on here? Has the physical world just worn me out? Society just beaten me down with shoulds and shouldn't? My physical body isn't as energetic so is that connected with my emotions?

What say ye?

2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Am I too anxious to astral project? on: February 20, 2016, 03:16:52
Many might not agree with this advice, but have you tried medication for the anxiety? I take Lexapro (escitalopram) and as someone with anxiety, it has helped me immensely.

I too am a beginner with all this and only have had a couple lucid dreams so far, but the medication doesn't seem to have a detrimental effect on dreaming. I have pretty long dreams every night.

Lexapro gives some people more energy but for me it made me feel groggy so I take it before bed. It may or maynot help with your insomnia.
It probably has the least amount of side effects of all the SSRI's.

I'm no doctor and medication like this effects everyone differently. So this is only a suggestion but since it helped me I feel I should at least put it out there.

Keep at it and like EscapeVelocity said, keep a dream journal. It kind of immerses you in the dream world and keeps you thinking about it during the day.

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Techniques for "waking up in a dream" on: February 03, 2016, 01:56:46
@Xanth
I went to that page and realized I had read that before and tried some of those methods. Reading it again reminded me to try and be more persistent and CONsistent with the practices. Asking people on this forum questions and participating in the conversations definitely helps to keep me focused on getting better at AP.

@ThaomasOfGrey
I'm going to try and demanding things out loud. I don't think it ever really occurred to me that I could actually say anything "loud" in a dream.

@Lumaza
Yes I definitely got too excited in each LD but the last one I managed to be a little less so. So far the events that initiated each LD seemed very random and unimportant, like looking at the side walk or looking at a wall. But I will log them.

I want to thank the veterans around here for answering the same questions over and over again. Even if you feel your specific answer didn't get through, you're still contributing a nurturing energy that has a long term effect on beginners like me.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Techniques for "waking up in a dream" on: February 02, 2016, 20:29:30
From the recent thread "Beginner Astral Projector"

However, after a couple years, I stopped making "conscious" attempts to have OBEs and started opting more for gaining conscious awareness in dreams. It took a while and it was hard, but once I taught myself to "wake up" into a dream, the whole control issue kind of disappeared.

Like I've said before, I've had three LD's now and they were all very short. The last one I was making more of an effort to look at things and stay aware. But getting lucid or waking up is still random at best.

I'm sure it was probably a long slow process of many techniques but is there any particular thing you did that was more effective in "waking you up"?

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 30, 2016, 02:32:59
So now, instead of preaching directly TO people... you do it passive aggressively.  

Lol, not what I'm trying to do!
I'm going to take your advice and focus on projection.

I'm new here and it just takes a second to figure out whats acceptable to discuss. Or rather what most peoples views are. I'm certainly not trying to jerk you around.

Another strange thing to consider: I've been reading this forum and your website for quite a while so I guess I feel like I know you and we are pals but I have to remember you don't know me! I promise I'm a peaceful person and have no other motives than to participate and learn.

Moving on! cheesy  

6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 30, 2016, 00:41:51
That's good, you should never "tell" anyone how they should Spiritual progress.

Of course. I never was the type to stand on a soapbox and preach, but I deeply felt like I knew the way spiritually, and it pained me that others were so misguided. Since then I have changed the way I feel about people and truly know they are where they need to be, and where they are has nothing to do with where I am. The desire to bring people to where I am has left and along with it, a heavy weight.

You are the one that takes yourself there. This is why we Astral Project. On some level it has been decided that we are ready to see and experience more than just this "physical realm". That we are ready to see "outside the box". That's what a shift in consciousness entails.

And the main purpose I'm here is to learn how to project, not because it is going to make me a better person, or give me a one up on everyone else, or bring me closer to the source, but because it's exciting and I want to feel good!
Perhaps "it has been decided" that I'm ready to explore outside the physical but I'm not aware of that. I don't feel special.

7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 29, 2016, 23:37:26
If you don't understand what I'm saying at this point then it doesn't matter what answer I give you as it doesn't mesh with what you want to understand.

That's not what I'm trying to communicate. I don't really understand anything. That's why I've stopped telling people how I think they should spiritually progress. What actions are progression and what actions are digression is not up to me to judge. All action is a movement.

I wouldn't have understood what I'm saying a few years ago either.

Does this mean that you are more spiritually advanced than me? That your intent is more loving than mine?

I remember arguing with other Astral Pulse members against what I'm saying right now.

I hope we are not arguing! I'm honestly not trying to have a debate or prove anything. We are all learning from each other. I've learned a lot from you.
I'm hoping to contribute to you and others by asking questions and sharing ideas.

You will eventually understand, but I can't take you there.

But there's nowhere to go. No one can take anyone anywhere. So I'm questioning this higher purpose or better place that is promised by so many. Hoped for by so many. Demonstrated by so very, very, very, few.

8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 29, 2016, 22:03:15
Xanth, my man...

It's just that... that "feeling good" shouldn't be the driving force for WHY you did the good act in the first place.

Why not? If it's not feeling good, then what is the driving force? This goes along with the whole enlightenment carrot and stick game.
I often do things for people without thinking "what am I going to get out of this" but I'm sure subconsciously I'm going to somehow feel better in the process of helping, or after the helping is done.

Being a physical entity requires you to be selfish.

then you're not really doing it for a good reason, you're doing it for a selfish reason really.  The INTENT behind the act is paramount to deciding whether it causes spiritual growth or the opposite.

Why is selfishness not a good reason? And what do you mean by "good"? Is it something God deems as good? I know you don't mean that. Can you explain this enlightened "INTENT" of yours?

9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Slipping in and out of lucidity and control on: January 28, 2016, 20:22:00
I had my third Lucid dream last night. When I realized I was lucid I immediately started to look at textures on walls. I felt like that helped focus me. Then I would try and do things.
Trying to fly, I would just slowly lift up. Or I could jump from a building and come down gently but I could not control it fully.
I have no control over my environment.
Then something strange, I seemed to slip out of lucidity, and within the dream, I was trying to get back into lucidity, with onlookers commenting on what I was trying to do!

I'm excited because I feel like this is the beginning of things for me. I read what Lumaza said in the Tom Campbell thread:

First there was the my 3 night experience back in 2011. That created the curiosity to learn more. Then came Phasing, then came me becoming aware of my Dreams, then came me becoming lucid in those Dreams and learning how to navigate those areas. Next came awakening in full SP and spontaneously exiting the body.

Guess everyone walks they're own path with this stuff and for me it seems lucid dreaming is the beginning.

Anyhow, is there some techniques for more control other than just staring at walls? A direction I can go in?

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 24, 2016, 04:31:28
You are, then connect and you become.

...and the Quote of the Day award goes to Szaxx!!!!!!!!!!  smiley  smiley  smiley

I second that! A primordial statement, way out of my experience, but I can almost feel it.

But see that's why Tom's book is called "My Big Toe". It's his own personal conclusions. He states often that "you" have to come to your own. He sees nothing wrong with being skeptical.

I hear you, I've watched a lot of his videos. I'm not really pointing the finger at him. He was just on the tip of my tongue (fingers) when I was trying to make a point.

I like to help to teach how to attain the "shift". There are many ways to do it. People can use my techniques or any other techniques from others to start with, but soon they will adapt to what works for them. You can find a number of them here on the Astral pulse in the "stickies" section of the sub forums. What you experience there is for "you" yourself to experience. This is the reason that I don't share my own adventures here. If I do, I normally use them as "examples" of what could be.

I know and I appreciate your help. I haven't forgot about the exercise you told me to do. I started keeping a dream journal. Its pretty weird. I am discovering I have a lot of dreams based in my home town. I'm sure that will help me get lucid again.

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 24, 2016, 00:46:03
That is why we need this "filter". We came here to experience and learn from those experiences. Could you imagine everyone and everything here being in the state of constant "is-ness". That's not why we incarnate in any one of the many realms we could find ourselves in.

The state of "is-ness" that one will find themselves in would be the opportunity to finally assess all that was learned and experienced as the previous incarnated body.

Yes, and I have seen things with this perspective my whole life. Even though I understood this concept early on (one only needs to read one of a million books to be exposed to it) I had to keep hearing it and reading about it. I thought somehow I could get "there" quicker if I only did things correctly or better than I was doing them at the moment.

I think that's the problem I have with people like Tom Campbell or William Buhlman standing up and proclaiming the way. It tends to make people question the validity of their own experience.
I don't think you get as much out of your experience when you think it is "wrong" and someone else has the correct way to experience...if only you could experience things like that...

On the other hand, I think teachers are important and its not the message of the teacher I have a problem with, it the way people interpret the message, judge the message, then proclaim the importance of the message.

Everything is a teacher and everything has a message, and no one thing has any significance over another. It is happening and that is all.

12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 23, 2016, 23:57:21
Then by all means, worry about it. Do something about it. Perhaps in some years you will come to believe something else and worry about that. So your life becomes worrying, searching, and doing. Sounds like your not alone. Sounds like me!

That should say "Don't worry about it, instead do something about it". There is no need to worry.

I agree, I'm not telling anyone to worry. I'm just being practical. Most often the motivation for wanting to know about the afterlife is fear.

Your life is all about experiencing and reacting to said experiences. The way you react shows whether or not you received the true message from the experience or not.

Yes your reaction shows if you can see the truth in an experience. That truth, is that the experience is nothing. You provide the truth to it. In fact you don't need experiences at all. This is the state if is-ness.

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 23, 2016, 23:44:15
the personality that I had was completely different from my personality here.

This is fascinating! I always thought whatever state of awareness I would be in, I would always feel the me...or the personality of me, underneath it all.
Well how then, did you know you were you?

Why does a insect not show the intelligence of a Human? It all has to do with the size and capability of the filter/computer and what their current "vessel" will be physically able to do. Are they conscious as well? Does every living thing have consciousness or is it more like is every either living or thing period consciousness itself? These things we will never know until one day we find ourselves again devoid of any kind of "vessel" and just "are" once more.

And another epiphany I had when reading your post, is that, this sate of is-ness that is so rare, is our core experience while inhabiting an insect? After all, an ant body is not much of a vessel.

Could it be that an anthill is just a million enlightened souls digging in the dirt?  grin [edit: I forgot to put a smiley face behind this one]
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 23, 2016, 21:54:00
Whatever happens to what remains after all that physicalness is stripped away... well then, I guess that's the real big question.  It's not really one I worry about though.  Smiley

And this is the best attitude to have. What happens is not to be worried about.

William Buhlman seems to disagree with you two.  smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0isS9nC4dZ4

Then by all means, worry about it. Do something about it. Perhaps in some years you will come to believe something else and worry about that. So your life becomes worrying, searching, and doing. Sounds like your not alone. Sounds like me!

15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 23, 2016, 00:45:22

Correct me if I'm wrong (it happens a lot LoL), but it seems to me that you're trying to say that our consciousness is already in a perfect state before coming here... it becomes (maybe that's the wrong word too) "imperfect" upon being born here... and then regardless what happens, the moment you return to "there" (aka: you physically die), you become that perfect state again.  So what you're saying is that the core you is always what it is and the physical you just needs to realize it?

Kind of, and I'm not trying to be difficult, but "consciousness" or being "aware" is imperfection. Your state of existence, be it physical or non-physical doesn't really matter. Being able to experience anything (physical or non-physical) is a disconnect from the changeless core. Its a denial of it.

Yes, it's a sense of "becoming" (moving "forward" towards) something more than you are in terms of "Love" (not to be confused for the emotion "love" - they're completely separate concepts).  We humans don't really have a word or a description for it, so we have to use our imperfect language to do this - and that's where the massive confusion comes in.  Hence why you get a lot of "hippie" terms such as "moving towards Love" or "becoming Love".

But there really is no difference between the ultimate perfect love we humans can't describe and the emotional hippie love. As an experiential individual, that is just a judgment based on your experience. In the unchanging eternity, there are no levels of love to judge. It is all. There is no better or worse or movement towards anything.

So there is no difference between the the murderer and the saint. And again, there's no where to go, nothing to advance to, nothing to transform into.
Going, advancing, transforming as actions are what this life is about, we can agree on that, but it doesn't matter which direction you do any of those things in.

One could say that "enlightenment" is the process by which you realize that you already are "Love" and you just have to learn to get your consciousness out of the way of that process.  Which is, in a nutshell, what I think you're getting at.  Adyashanti calls the active part of that concept as "allowing everything to be as it is".

Yes, and that is what is sold to everyone in the new-age spiritual marketplace. Its what is sold as an alternative to the old-age religious product. But its the same thing, just a fancier way of saying it. "There's something better... In the future".

The ego likes this game of moving towards is own destruction but never allowing itself to get there. Judging the best way to do it along the way, and trying to convince other egos that its way, is the best way!

It's not really a bummer... it is simply what it is.  The way I see it, when you physically die here... as I said before, the physical you and everything physical about you ceases to exist.  Whatever happens to what remains after all that physicalness is stripped away... well then, I guess that's the real big question.  It's not really one I worry about though.  Smiley

And this is the best attitude to have. What happens is not to be worried about.
At the beginning of all this when I said I was seeing my mind for what it was and not trying to change it so much anymore, That's what I meant. Accepting my experience, living my life, being me. And trying not to worry about it! grin
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 22, 2016, 21:13:59
But Ricochet needs to know! grin

I'm sorry Ricochet! I didn't mean to hijack your question. I hope Szaxx gives you an answer.
But I wonder, if he confirms everything you thought. Would you stop questioning it? grin
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 22, 2016, 20:56:55
And your experience is just as valid as mine. But we are looking at things differently. You can see a progression and development, I can not.

What is your ultimate outcome? What are you changing into? When you say "hopefully it's different in a positive sense." What does "positive" even mean? Are you moving forward? To where?

You seem to think you are becoming something. I'm saying you are already everything you want to become. But in order to experience anything, you have to forget your everything. So I guess your changing, is really remembering.

And if you finally remember who you really are, like Szaxx said...
You as a singular conscious person doesn't exist too if you manage to connect to the whole. It's a totally new ball game and seems rare to experience.

So a movement forward would actually be a movement towards the annihilation of the individual you. Experience ends. Duality ends.

Kind of a bummer...and that's why we all (the individual you's) continue to play the game of "getting" somewhere. But the "getting" is all we do because there's nowhere to go.

18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 22, 2016, 00:20:53
Who you are changes in the physical world. You're not the same as you were 40 years previously.

Yes, this is of course is what I have experienced.

The core you is the same as its the conscious self. How it reacts to the environment its in seems fairly rigid if you compare all your experiences.

I think this is what I'm trying to communicate. This is what I meant when I said "the teenage you is the same as the you now". Not in the physical or experiential sense, but in the core sense.

No form, no time and a connection to everything is impossible to describe.
You as a singular conscious person doesn't exist too if you manage to connect to the whole. It's a totally new ball game and seems rare to experience.

Yes! and what I am starting to understand and feel, is that piece of the whole that is within me and constant. That is what I mean when I said "Ultimately you are a personality or you are not. You are part of the experiential duality or you are not."

Thanks Szaxx, I have a hard time explaining things sometimes. Its just exciting for me to realize the eternal nature of my core. Letting the physical or NP circumstances dance around me. Bathing in change and experience but being rooted in the whole and eternal.

So with this in mind, I don't need to know the answer to to the question that Ricochet is asking. Of course I would like to know if there was a definitive answer! But its less important to me knowing all experiences and states of existence circle around the unchanging, eternal core that we all are. The individual personality and sense of self IS the changing and experiencing. The core is the one constant.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 20, 2016, 08:18:14
You've entirely missed the point of the journey.

Lol, That's pretty presumptuous don't you think? Could it be possible that what I'm trying to say, might be something you will come to know as your journey progresses?

20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 19, 2016, 01:39:09
I think we are talking about two different states. Yes, the physical is always changing. But the non-physical is not within time. Your soul, spirit, essence, or whatever is non physical and therefore eternal and never changing because there is no time too change in. Don't you feel like, the you, the inner you when you were a teenager is the same inner you as it is now? Is the same inner you as in a dream? Yes life circumstances have changed, you have changed physically and mentally (knowledge wise), but the core, who you really are, is constant. Ultimately you are a personality or you are not. You are part of the experiential duality or you are not.

I'm not trying to tell or teach anyone anything, just sharing what I've been experiencing and discovering about myself lately. I've been discovering my changeless self, which I feel is giving me more sanity...I worry less about my mortality.

21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 17, 2016, 06:09:02
Thanks guys for a great discussion.

Bluebird, I'm not sure I understand your thought, maybe too deep for me!  smiley

Not too deep, too obvious I think, and I'm not explaining it right.

I'm trying to say the body is a momentary entity while the mind exists in the past and future. Truth is whatever the moment presents. Everything else is speculation. The mind can only speculate, judge, observe. That's what I mean by the body is an expression of life. Like a rock, a tree, water...anything physical is life happening, the mind is just the witness. There is no selflessness or selfishness in the moment, everything just is. The mind will act selflessly or selfishly if it thinks it will ultimately experience less pain or more pleasure. There's no other reason for the mind to do anything in relation to the body. The body itself doesn't experience pleasure or pain. it just has sensory impulses. The mind translates these impulses and judges them as pleasurable or painful. The mind can, an has, learned to experience pain as pleasure and the other way around.

So does it even matter if you do something selflessly or selfishly? In order to maintain our body vessels for our minds to ride in, I think there has to be a balance between the two but ultimately every human action is selfish. But maybe something was done selfishly but ended up having consequences for humanity that were beneficial? what is it then? Again all this is mind based. It is not truth.
And I'm sure there are all kinds of contradictions in what I just said.

OMG I'm probably starting to sound crazy now. You know your crazy when... the people on an astral projection forum think your crazy!

22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 17, 2016, 04:35:18
Yea, I knew I was probably going to mis-communicate my ideas.

I will only ever be WHAT I AM now

That's a cop-out and I get the feeling you know it.

I think you misunderstood me.
The "now" I am talking about is the "now" in the future. So whatever you become, you will be that in the future "now". Growing spiritually, becoming better or worse, is only relative to what you are in the present moment. And the present moment is always. This is the state of conflict the mind is always in. Wanting to be something it is not.
That's all I was trying to say. I am feeling this conflict more and more. I'm becoming more aware of it. I'm accepting what the mind really is and spending a lot less energy trying to change it.

In fact, that why I shifted my focus away from meditation and the search for enlightenment, to exploring dreams and the astral plane. Enlightenment is not of the mind and therefore unattainable, because we are the mind. In other words there is no hope for us. This is not a bad thing if accepted. Yes there are a few in history that gained the state of truly existing in the moment, but I believe that is more a freak of nature type of thing, rather that an obtainable goal for 99.9% of humanity.
Believe me, I was brought up by hippies, been to India, lived at a yoga retreat center for years etc. I have lived with people who have meditated for 20+ years living the most holistic lifestyle, and they were not any happier or more at peace than friends I had who had no spiritual aspirations at all.
I'm not saying meditation is worthless. It will definitely help you to feel better and regulate your emotions, but so will jogging.

I'm a little disappointed in myself for thinking I knew the answer for so long, and therefore felt a bit superior to people of more traditional religions. I knew that we are all one, as I was going to meditate my way to the unity of the universe and transcend this measly little world and escape all the pain and feel the bliss of cosmic consciousness and blah blah blah. Hope is all I had. The exact same hope the Christian has to go to heaven and hang with Jesus.

My point is the mind is the mind is the mind. There's no way out. What I like about astral projection is it is a form of mind training like judo, magic, painting, sports etc. Although it can be perceived as a spiritual practice the goals are very worldly. Pleasure, excitement, discovery. But like Frank says, you are who you are in the astral. You don't become some higher better being.

Which leads me back to, I am who I am... and will ever be.

Lol, but the best thing is, I'm pretty sure I have no idea what is really happening here. And I'm ok with that.

23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 13, 2016, 02:10:58
Ok I want to get in on this!

Ricochet I get you on the TC stuff. He kind of tires me out watching him. His slowness and the way he's aloof and sharp at the same time. Some things he says, I like and somethings, I don't. I don't like when he says the wider reality is "finite". But what do I know?

The whole selflessness thing is an interesting topic. There's something to consider and that is the mind and body have different motivations but are linked. The body is the expression of life itself and is truth in motion. The mind cannot be that truth. If it stands still to be in unison with the body, it ceases to observe, therefore ceasing to be, and the body cannot function without the mind. I think the body is the feel good part of love. The body's function is to survive and procreate, it has no good or bad or selflessness, it is life itself. It is physical and in that sense, It is immortal, as long as there is a physical universe. There is no death for it, just change.

Without the body and as a point of consciousness your motivations don't matter because all your interactions are essentially with yourself. If I help a little old lady across the street in my dream, even if it is a lucid dream, I'm only helping myself across the street. Like you I have not projected to the astral proper, or have not been aware enough to perceive it yet, so I cannot speak for the wider reality, but I imagine it is an extension of dreaming, an extension of me.

And to that end I am starting to get the feeling that I am me no matter what and the reason some of TC's stuff bugs me a little is it doesn't fit into my fantasy of what the afterlife may be or what enlightenment may be or WHATEVER IT IS I WANT TO BE... THAT I AM NOT NOW. The thing is... I will only ever be WHAT I AM now.

24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Practicing but not getting too far on: December 16, 2015, 23:41:52
I tend to become fully aware towards the end of a dream and I usually wake up in the early hours when it happens. The trigger is probably the increasing need to go the bathroom and how much this effect rouses awareness compared to how tired you are.

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. It was towards the end of a dream that I transitioned to being aware and the situation totally changed and I was in control. I did wake up to go to the bathroom but I didn't have to go really bad. I can see how this type of stimulation may wake the consciousness just enough to become aware.

So I can see how a lot of techniques are geared towards stimulating the body just enough for the awareness to happen. Just a poke at the right time in the morning.
Another thing that could be a possibility is that my dog sleeps at our feet in the bed and often flinches and moves a bit during the night. That could also be a stimulus waking the body a bit.

Gives me an idea for a cool little device to give you that poke at the right time! Possibly a soft wristband or ankle bracelet that has a small cellphone type vibrator inside it hooked up to an alarm clock. you could set it to vibrate for a couple seconds at a certain time in the morning.

Alright you heard it here first folks!!! "The Lucid Dream Bracelet" just $19.99!!!!

Actually you could do this if your cell phone has a "duration" setting for its alarm. Mine doesn't but I'd imagine some do. Or perhaps there's an alarm app with that functionality. Just put it in your sweatpants/pajama pocket or stuff the phone in your pillow.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Practicing but not getting too far (finally a lucid dream) on: December 16, 2015, 22:08:55
Just back to report some success with all this. I can't say that I have been practicing the techniques in this thread to the tee, but I have been very aware of them continually and most nights will practice some form of visualization and body relaxation before going to bed. I will do the same thing if I wake in the middle of the night upon going back to sleep. I really kind of abandoned the wave one CD method and all other methods in general. I just decided to relax and let my body and mind make its own technique. Just kind of stay aware of what I'm trying to achieve and keep exploring the space in my non physical mind. I don't know if that makes any sense but it seemed to have worked.

So a couple of nights ago I became conscious in a dream and it was very powerful and exciting. It didn't last for that long but it was definitely a big happening for me. As the days go by the memory of it becomes more and more like just another dream but I know I was lucid.

What I learned from all this, is that just staying aware of the possibility of non physical awareness, can lead to being able to take advantage of the situation where it is possible.

Physically I might have been primed because I had taken a nap earlier in the day, and went to bed a little earlier than usual that night. I was also doing physical things around the house that day. So it seemed my body was exercised and well rested. The lucid dream happened at round 6 in the morning.

Also one other thing to note is that I am on the antidepressant, Lexipro. I was worried that it could affect my ability to do this, but apparently not.

Thanks for all the help and I will continue to report any more experiences!

Pages: [1] 2