The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2019, 20:58:39

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Hair grades on: April 23, 2004, 17:13:01
Hiya!

I'm thinking of getting my hair cut a lot shorter, but I have no idea about these 'grades' that people talk about!

For instance, how long is grade 5 hair? I want the same thing all over, but I don't want to look like a complete skinhead!

So what grade would 4mm of hair all over be described as?

Just wondering if any of you lot know... Perhaps some links to some pics would be useful too.

Ta!

Boomy
2  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / "Dream workshop" device - NovaDreamer like device! on: January 24, 2004, 20:05:52
Check this baby out - I'm looking forward to this one!

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1443739,00.asp

quote:
Takara's New Toy Controls Your Dreams
By Robyn Peterson  

If only those unfortunate kids on Elm Street could've gotten their desperate hands on Takara's Yumemi Koubou, Japanese for "Dream Viewing Workshop," Freddy Krueger would have gone home scoreless. The Yumemi Koubou is designed to give you control over your dreams.

The Yumemi Koubou works by first relaxing you; lulling you to sleep with soft background music, mood lights, and a "pleasing" fragrance. Once the mood has been set, it's your turn to respond. To solidify the dream content, according to Takara, you need to record one simple, concise summary phrase with the built-in recorder. Make it a good one--this phrase will be repeated throughout the night quietly while you're sleeping.

With knowledge of a standard eight-hour sleep schedule, the device activates periodically during your REM sleep cycles, giving gentle reminders of the desired dream content (in other words, more music, fragrance, and replaying your recorded phrase).

In a written statement, a representative from Takara states, "Ö this product is designed to help people shape their dreams in sleep, combining multi-sensory stimulus and sophisticated sleep-dream research to create an environment conducive to having a specific dream desired by the user."

The project is spearheaded by Dr. Eiko Matsuda, Professor of Sociology at Edogawa University, whose research is focused on identifying and treating the causes of nightmares.

Takara, Japan's second-largest toy company and best known in the techie U.S. audience for the Bow-Lingual, hopes to release the Yumemi Koubou in the United States in late 2004 or early 2005, according to a company representative, and pricing has not yet been decided. The device will be available in Japan in May 2004 for 14,800 yen (approximately U.S. $140).

Takara does not claim that the device is 100% effective and it does admit that the device is still in the testing phase.

According to the company representative, we, at ExtremeTech, should have an evaluation unit in our hands in late 2004. At that point, you'll get the straight story on whether or not it works-unless of course, our brains have been reprogrammed by Takara.

http://www.bowlingual.info/dreamworkshop/index.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/japan/story/0,7369,1123396,00.html
http://www.reuters.com/locales/newsArticle.jsp?type=entertainmentNews&locale=en_IN&storyID=4123402
http://www.extremetech.com/image_popup/0,3969,s=25683&iid=62330,00.asp
3  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Eye bags, puffy eyes, black circles etc. on: January 06, 2004, 21:17:32
Anyone know of some good ways to alleviate dark circles under my eyes and eye bags? It isn't lack of sleep or exercise - that's for sure.

Your thoughts and advice very much welcome!
4  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Eeman biocircuits on: December 30, 2003, 22:06:48
Anyone used an Eeman biocircuit?

http://emoclear.com/processes/biocircuits.html

Man, are they effective for relaxing! I made one and am so glad I did. People are charging stupid money for them online, but I made one for about £2 from bits of copper and wire. The level of relaxation I got was quite surprising!

Woooh!

Boomy
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Criticisms of Robert Bruce on: June 15, 2003, 15:30:21
Hi,

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on this site, but I noticed a thread on another site criticising Robert Bruce and wondered what people here thought about it:

http://www.astralsociety.net/Forums/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=1740

Boomy
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / US government and military visit this site! on: June 11, 2003, 14:52:00
http://extremetracking.com/open;geo?login=astralpu

Astral Pulse has had 65 visits by the US military and 124 from the US government. Make of that what you will...! [Cheesy]

Boomy
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / UK TV prog tonight: "Talking to the Dead" on: June 10, 2003, 15:15:03
On BBC2 tonight at 9 there's a program about communicating with the dead, featuring mediums and so on.

As it's in the Everyman thread, should be quite a fair and balanced program.

Radiotimes quote

quote:
Review
An investigation into whether mediums really can talk to the dead, following bereaved people who've lost parents, partners or children as they try to contact their loved ones with the help of Britain's most respected psychics.

http://www.radiotimes.beeb.com/ListingsServlet?event=10&channelId=115&programmeId=11294240&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details.jsp

Boomy
8  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Acne - healing ideas? on: May 14, 2003, 16:55:08
Hi,

I've got a nasty load of acne underneath both sides of my mouth (symmetrically about my face). It's all red and infected and zits pop up all the time.

I've been to the doctor and he's given me some cream, but it's not doing anything.

I'm wondering if any of you have any ideas on a more leftfield tip? Ideas related to healing using NEW/ visualizations? Basically, natural remedies. I've tried using a steam from a bowl of boiling water with tea-tree oil, but it's not particularly effective - just dries out my skin.

It's really annoying.

Any thoughts?

Boomy
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Qlink and Bioelectric Shield pendants on: May 07, 2003, 18:25:41
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on the Qlink or the BioElectric shield

Qlink: http://www.clarus.com/
Bioelectric Shield: http://www.bioelectricshield.com/be.asp

They are both pendants that claim to increase your aura, and protect you from the effects of EMFs from computers and mobile phones.

Cherie Blair (UK primeminister's wife) has a Bioelectric shield - she was given it by Hilary Clinton! Are they naive victims of an elaborate hoax, or is there any validity in these devices?

Regards,

Boomy
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Italian woman arrested for road crash 'dream' on: March 04, 2003, 13:50:21
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_756860.html?menu=news.quirkies

"An Italian woman who told a road crash victim's family she had dreamt about the accident, has been charged by police who say she knows too many details.

The 40-year-old housewife turned up on Alfredo Baldeschi's doorstep and gave him a vivid description of the accident which killed his sister Loredana Baldeschi.

He told police about the encounter and they advised him to ask her to go through the "dream" again and secretly record her.

After listening to the tape, police arrested the woman and, after questioning her, charged her because she knew details of the crash known only to investigators at Latina, south of Rome.

A police spokesman said: "The woman knew details known only to traffic officers or by the person who caused

the fatal crash."

She is due in court later this month charged with manslaughter where she will have to explain her dream to prosecutors.

Loredana Baldeschi, 40, was found dead in her overturned Vauxhall Astra. Police were mystified by the accident."

I suppose she could have been the cause of the accident - we don't have enough details from this report. But suppose she is telling the truth? No court of law would ever believe her

11  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / US gov. recommend KI against terrorinst attacks on: March 01, 2003, 23:02:59
http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/ki.htm
12  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / That's levitation, holmes! on: February 03, 2003, 11:54:11
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/28/1043534050248.html

The real reason for a war on Iraq? Are the US military actually secret Ki masters?
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / video clip download from 'Waking Life' on Lucidity on: January 29, 2003, 19:31:13
http://www.wakinglifemovie.com/movies/clip_4.mov

Here is the link to the video file. It's about 10MB.

Anyone seen Waking Life?

AJ
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / UK magazine on Crystals, Chakras, Lucid Dreaming on: January 22, 2003, 21:09:51
Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that there is a magazine called 'Enhancing Your Mind, Body, Spirit' in the UK. Next issue (issue 4), there is going to be an article on Lucid dreaming and a big section on crystals, and a chakra poster. It also comes with an Amethyst crystal.

(I know this because I got issue 3 today, and it tells you what is going to be on the next issue). It's out on the 29th.

I just thought I'd mention this because I was a bit surprised that a semi-mainstream (although admittedly new-agey) magazine was covering these topics.
15  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / LD Flying practice! on: January 09, 2003, 16:53:57
http://www.trevorvanmeter.com/flyguy/

This is pretty cool! That floating guy mentions dreams - and I remembered to do a reality check then!

-----------------------------
I'm a nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I'm perfect!
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / 3d blackness and focus 12 - the same thing? on: December 20, 2002, 23:57:44
Hi,

This 3d Blackness thing is very interesting - I've been aware of being in a '3d blackness' before but never knew there was anything that could be done in it.

Most of the times I've been there, have been when using the Monroe CDs to get to focus 12. Focus 12 is defined as

quote:
'This is a state where conscious awareness is expanded beyond the limits of the physical body. Focus 12 has many different facets, including: exploring nonphysical realities, decision making, problem solving and enhanced creative expression. '

My question is - are 3d-blackness and focus 12 names for the same experience / state of consciousness?

Thanks,

AJ

-----------------------------
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Using trance to get to sleep? on: October 16, 2002, 07:16:04
Hi,

I have great difficulty getting to sleep. However, since getting Astral Dynamics, I have learnt how to get into trance very easily.

One of the problems Robert mentions is falling asleep. However, I would find it very useful to get to sleep from a trance, but I tried - lying in a trance for half an hour, but no sleep...!

Any advice - perhaps from those who fall asleep by accident?! I know this isn't strictly OBE related, but I would appreciate your thoughts...!

Thanks,

AJA

18  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Delaying orgasms via NEW? on: September 30, 2002, 00:06:15
Hi,

I'm just wondering if any of the NEW techniques can be used to delay an orgasm in a male?

A friend of mine, occasionally (OK - i'll be honest - it's me, but keep it quiet!)    would like sex to with his girlfriend to last a while longer. I'm not interested about going on and on for hours, tantra styleee, but I'm wondering if some of the techniques of NEW and tantra can be used to keep going for, a few extra minutes, at least...?!

I notice that sex as a topic is overlooked in Astral Dynamics - stimulation of the genital chakra is actively discouraged! Not that I want to activate it - that would probably be counterproductive in 'my friend's' situation...!

Suggestions and comments welcome!

Byeeee...

AJA

19  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Eye bags, puffy eyes, black circles etc. on: January 08, 2004, 15:56:31
Thanks for that info!

So - I bought two 'Large Hass Avocados' today. They were dark green and slightly soft when I pressed them.

I peeled the skin off one of them and cut it into quarters. However, the outer edges were quite green. Am I meant to eat those parts?

I had half the avocado for lunch today, but felt quite hungry by 4pm. Is it possible to eat too many avocados? What is a good amounth to eat per day?

Thanks!
20  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Eye bags, puffy eyes, black circles etc. on: January 07, 2004, 19:22:02
Thanks for the advice. Some interesting stuff there [Cheesy]

I read about almonds somewhere else on the internet. I bought a bag today. However, they are in their skins - am I supposed to eat the skins, or peel them? I heard the skins are difficult to digest, and the 'blanched' almonds have been chemically treated. Am I supposed to peel each one?!

As you can probably tell - I'm pretty inexperience with almonds...! [Smiley]

Also, avocado keeps on cropping up. I think I'll buy some of those tomorrow. Never tried them - didn't even know what they looked like until I did an image search on google!

21  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Q-link on: September 10, 2003, 19:15:31
Inguma - thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like the Ally, because I actually bought one and it turned up this morning. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

I had some questions about whether the Ally could be used at the same time as the pendant, so I sent some questions to Qlinkworld.co.uk about that and some other stuff. I'll include their answers here in case it is of interest to anyone...

quote:
Q) I also have the Qlink pendant. Can I use the Qlink Ally at the same time as the pendant?

A) Certainly, we all wear QLinks in the office and have allyís by our computers, we need all the help one can get and while the QLinks all contain the same technology there is one fundamental difference between the pendants and the Ally.  The pendants resonate within frequencies and if your body is out of itís optimum range of frequencies, i.e. tired or stressed, your body will move back into the optimum range quicker with the help of the pendant.  The Ally ďbroadcastsĒ the range of frequencies encouraging your body, and others within the 7 metre range, to balance quicker, itís constant reminder to the body not to forget itís frequencies.

Q) Should the Ally be carried close to the skin (i.e. in a pocket), or
placed on a desk close to me? I.e. where should I place it for the optimum effect?

A) The ally has a range of 7 metres the more powerful frequencies will be within 3 metres, think of a fan shape.  I would recommend leaving it on your desk or if using at home place in a spot where the most electrical appliances are used.  Luckily my home is small so I simply have it under the stairs where I am never more than 5 metres from it.  One thing I have found with the Ally, it comes into itís own should I ever get a headache (which is rare now) simply relax place it against the spot which aches and within 10 minutes no headache. Very infuriating if you want a day off work!

Boomy
22  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Q-link on: July 10, 2003, 17:17:51
Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know the results of my questions on the qlink to the pendulum. I directed my questions to my subconscious rather than any external source.

Is the Qlink for real? : yes
Is the Qlink a placebo effect? : no
Am I healthier because of my Qlink? :yes
Is my aura brighter because of the qlink? : yes
Should I buy the QLink ally? : yes
Does the Qlink protect me from the computer monitor's radiation? : yes

Boomy
23  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Q-link on: July 05, 2003, 18:45:37
Ok - here's an experiment for all you qlink wearers.

I've been following the pendulum thread in the Astral Consciousness thread every now and again. I'm of the belief that the pendulum is far more useful as a method of communicating with your subconscious mind, than as a method for speaking to entities.

Subtle movements of your hand produced by the subconscious mind cause the pendulum to swing in appropriate directions according to questions asked.

Now - who would be the best part of you to establish whether the qlink worked, or was actually a placebo effect? Your subconscious! So ask it some questions about the qlink via the pendulum - is the qlink good for me? is it a placebo effect?

I've asked the pendulum these questions and have got some answers. I'll let you know them, but I'd like to see what answers you get first (also, to avoid influencing your pendulum/qlink session).

Regards,

Boomy
24  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / And the truth shall be known - You'll see ! on: June 30, 2003, 17:00:13
What I don't get is why some people automatically assume just because the pendulum moves that it is psychic ability, or someone communicating with them.

Surely it is your subconscious communicating. It produces movements in your hand so tiny that your conscious mind can't percieve them without some form of amplification (i.e. a pendulum).

I think this is infinitely more preferable than communicating with some muppet spirit of dubious provenance. If you want to chat to some spirits, get lucid, go OOB. Easy - why bother with a boolean pendulum?

However, if you're sitting in an exam, quickly scan the paper with your eyes and go through the questions with the pendulum and let it guide you to the right questions. Etc.

What I am saying is I think it has far more mundane and practical uses.

Boomy
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / British Slang - used by teens on: June 21, 2003, 14:49:48
'Wanker' is the best English word American's don't understand.

Someone on the credits for Buffy the Vampire Slayer was called Thomas Wanker - which always caused much sniggering in our student digs.
Pages: [1] 2 3