The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 30, 2020, 08:29:02

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Wanted to discuss the reason I no longer AP on: October 21, 2015, 19:45:40
Hello all! First of all, I apologize for my looooong disappearance. I really cannot remember why I stopped coming here but it was likely related to a computer failure I had in 2011. Anyway... a lot has happened in my life... and now I return again to tell a story. For those of who you don't remember me, that's okay! I might as well start over at this point anyway.

What brought me here today is that lately I have thinking a lot about an AP gone very wrong that I had two years ago. I find myself more spiritual and interested in things like portals and dimensions ever since this encounter happened. Explaining it is quite difficult... but I will do my best to do so. I do not understand what happened, or what it means, which is why I am sharing this today. I need to know what the hell this was because I have been scared to AP ever since this occurred. Forgive me, for my memories of this are not as sharp as they once were. But I remember enough of it to tell about it...

It started off as a dream without much direction. I honestly cannot recall the exact details of the dream, but I think it was some sort of festival. I was definitely outside, in almost a park-like setting, like trees and people around. I recall driving there actually, and parking. I was standing in front of this line of huge wooden.... shrine? statues? They were maybe 20 feet high. They had flame torches coming from the top of their heads, billowing fumes high up into the air. I don't know what they really were, but they were interesting. Something happened after that, something weird... there was a series of explosions, and suddenly the statues erupted into flame. Fire spread all across the ground, and everyone else screamed and ran away. About that time, I thought "what the hell?" and then I heard it- a high pitched, evil cackle. It was the most disturbing thing I have ever heard. It felt shivers down my spine and immediately induced a feeling of sheer panic and doom- I ran. I didn't know where I was going, I just ran away.

I looked back briefly and saw shapeless shadows closing in on me. That's when I realized it was a dream. I wanted to wake up... but I couldn't. My body felt strange; slow, and almost deadened. A feeling I have gotten many times during dreams before: the feeling of being unable to move normally, or escape. I stumbled into a puddle, expecting to just get wet and go on, but that's not what happened. My foot hit that puddle and it felt like quicksand. Thunk! My other foot carried into the puddle as well. Thack! Two of those "things" were closing in on me. I could see them somewhat clearly now. Dressed in tattered black robes, with skeletal, blackened flesh and featureless faces, they cackled that sinister laugh as they approached me in full-glide. As I went to pull my feet out of the puddle, that's when it happened, the whole reason I am telling this story: I fell through the puddle. It pulled me down slowly; I felt an iciness over come me as I sank deeper and deeper... I thought I was dead. I didn't what had happened. I drifted down into a perfect black void with nothing around me. I couldn't even move. I looked back up and saw the shimmer of the water in the puddle I had just fallen through. And then I saw something else too. Those things had materialized through the ground and were now in the same void space I was in. Now there were 4 of them, and I felt trapped. All of them stared at me with twisted, sharp faces. One of them had a grin like the Cheshire cat- but had no teeth. They were all cackling that evil, horrible laugh... the one farthest to my left began to reach for me. I screamed, thinking it would wake me up. It didn't. I now realized that I was in an AP, and had lost control of it. They were in command of it, not me. I really, really though I was a goner as I went deeper down into that void. I couldn't even see the puddle anymore. I screamed one last time as many bony, freezing hands grabbed my chest and face. I closed my eyes and prepared for what was going to happen....

Then, miraculously, I felt a snap. I woke up looking at the wall of my bedroom, I felt confused and empty. I just laid there, mind blank for 5 minutes before I finally sat up and thought, "wow, omg, what just happened to me?" That next day felt surreal- I felt like I had left a part of myself in that place. Felt like I didn't belong. I managed to get to feeling more myself over the next week, but I was terrified to go to sleep for weeks afterwards. To this day, I have not allowed myself any more AP adventures. I wake up frequently now, I think, as a subconscious way to limit my ability to do so. I barely have dreams anymore, and I now find myself more spiritual, as stated before, and interested in things "we cannot see". I now believe in demons, for I fully believe I encountered some that night. I believe there are portals and passages into other realms, for I also believe I have experienced that as well; not just in this experience, but also in others. This one was just the first to officially scare the living bejesus out of me. My descriptions of those demons are hardly sufficient. They were, in reality, quite impossible to describe with what words I know. I will say that I am not the easiest person to scare. I have watched all manners of the most terrible and violence tv shows and movies one can watch ever since a young age. These creatures were far, far, far beyond the horror of anything I have ever seen in any movie, tv show, freak show, fictional prop, or any dream or any conjuring of any monster I could ever have possibly have dreamed up. They were the embodiment of pure evil and death, I am sure of it. They took something from me that night that I will probably never have back again: my piece of mind. The human obliviousness that allowed me to live my daily life is gone. I went too far and saw things no one should, and now there is an omnipresence in my life that I cannot quite explain. It just feels like I am never alone now; like there is always something tagging along with me. Maybe it is the knowledge of there being more out there than most people think... or maybe I actually invited something back with me. Either way, how am I to ever feel fully normal again?

Thanks for reading. I wish you all the utmost of caution and best of luck.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Hypnosis to Project on: August 15, 2011, 14:52:15
I've dabbled with hypnotism. Never had any luck aside from getting more relaxed. As far as getting a goal out of it... I don't know. It much not be enough to simply want it a lot, cause that didn't work for me. I think there are other factors at work. Having a well recorded tape or maybe a certain voice. I've heard that it's good to record your own scripts as your subconscious likes the sound of its own voice.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Need tips on staying awake on: August 15, 2011, 14:48:15
That's my issue... I'll fall asleep whenever I start to get relaxed despite how much I try not to. I don't think I have very good control.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trying but failing on: August 04, 2011, 23:33:49
Argh, Ryan, I wrote out a nice pm to you and I don't think it sent it to you. Apparently there is some trick required aside from clicking "reply", writing out the message and then pushing "send". ><

Anyway: thanks, the ebook was very informative!

Now I realize that the times I heard/saw stuff I was in F-12- I didn't understand those terms prior to reading that- and that I was actually pretty close to AP. I also realize that I've been doing it wrong lately. The times I've managed to AP where the times I was doing things similar to the techniques outlined in the ebook. When I lay down at night, I often get to sleep and clear my head by "noticing" stuff behind my eyes. Sometimes I'll basically do what is called the "mental-rundown" in that ebook- the night I saw that meadow, that's what I was doing. So, it's interesting that I seem to all ready do those things naturally. It seems to be going farther that I struggle with. Last night I tried with this newly found knowledge and wasn't very successful. Noticing wasn't as effective as it usually is, just didn't see anything interesting. Sad Probably now that I know about it, it won't work anymore, usually how it goes. Tongue

I have a question: should I be using both techniques or just one? Like, once I get to F-12 with noticing, would I continue on or start a mental-rundown? Not that I am there yet, was just wondering. Another thing I wonder about is "vibrations". I can never tell if this is occurring for me. Sometimes I get a little tingle somewhere or a limb feels weird, but I'm not sure it counts.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: so who all has met there guide/guardian when out and about on: August 02, 2011, 14:23:33
I don't have one now that I know of, but I had something like that when I was a kid.... maybe this is what that was.

Up until I was about 12, I was "visited", for lack of a better tern, by a small man I called "Mr. Nosy" nearly every night. How I got that name, I don't remember... maybe I just made it up. It was weird cause he was small: barely over 5 foot, completely white and I couldn't see his legs. Seemed to wear some kind of hat. This man would walk across my doorway right to left, repeatedly, for hours. He never bothered me though. In fact, I felt quite safe when he was around, but I never quite understood what it was. I, of course, told my mom about this and she only kinda believed me, being a kid and all... but one day before I went to bed she jokingly told Mr. Nosy to leave and not bother me anymore(which he really wasn't). I never saw him again after that. I think I was awake when this would happen though, not sure if it's something I pulled from AP or if it's even related at all...
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trying but failing on: August 02, 2011, 14:14:34
At this point, I'm really just wanting to get out... I really don't know what I want to do at this time other than that, cause I really am not sure what to expect... I won't be able to tell an AP from a dream unless I start it off controlled, such as in my room so I can verify to myself I am having an AP and not just dreaming. Aside from exploring my zone in AP form(I have a large bathroom mirror I'd like to mess with) and the meadow, I am really not sure what I want to do.... never been the most creative person at that sort of thing.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trying but failing on: August 02, 2011, 03:38:00
Hey Bran,

I can totally understand your confusion... it's something that we all struggle with as we attempt to learn master this ability.  
The confusion stems from all the different and often contradictory information regarding Astral Projection.  It's hard for a group of people to come to a consensus as to the "what" astral projection is and the "how" to do it.  This is mostly due to the fact that it's an individually unique and subjective experience.  So what works well for one person won't work well for everyone.

I PM'd you a link to my Phasing Primer, which includes a link to a downloadable PDF eBook I wrote.  I tried to be as basic as I can in explaining these things and how to get past certain issues.  So give it a read, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  But remember, what you read in it is simply "my perspective" and in the end it could be wrong and it could not really help much.  LOL  See if it helps.  Smiley

Thanks, I'll read it tomorrow. Smiley

Yes, I think that's pretty much, it- all the various info, etc out there, lol. But, yes, I realize that all I can do is learn what I can and kind of figure out the rest as I go along.

Quote from: LionHeart
Hey Bran, when I first started to OBE, I would bombard myself with info, books etc. on the subject. Always keeping it in my daily thoughts, even doing affirmations to convince myself and program myself that I can do it. There are alot of techniques, what you need to do is take a little something form each and develop your own or what works for you. I know it is frustrating almost getting there, then the doubts start to come in. When this happens to me I take my negativity, load it into a huge cannon and shoot it against a brick wall. The most important part of this visualization is to see it absolutely explode and disenegrate. Hopefully this helps you.
 Good Luck!

Lol, funny you should mention that... where's what I do: generally I will start off picturing some sort of slab- what type doesn't matter. I picture it as being something like off the old Soul Caliber games where you'd be on a floating block platform, only mine has only blackness for background scenery. I dispose of my negativity by either imagine tossing it into a big green dumpster in the center, or maybe do something creative like chuck it down a worm hole to vanish forever. shocked

I have figured out somewhat of what I need to do to achieve an AP: seems like I do best letting my mind go somewhere rather than the traditional "keeping my mind focused on something". If I force it, I don't reach a "dream state" with that object. But, if, for example, my brain decides to go to a meadow as I mentioned elsewhere, it becomes much more real. The barrier for me seems to be not falling asleep(or being woken up/jarred) long enough to get to that place. But, I'm really undecided on where I want to go when I AP: sure, I'd like to visit my meadow more in-depth, but I'd feel better starting off in my room and then going to the meadow.

Anyway, I've far from given up. I'll be trying all this week. Thanks for the input guys and/or gals. Smiley
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trying but failing on: August 01, 2011, 17:12:49
Ugh, most of these threads just end up confusing me more...

Quote from: Selea
3. Using full, undivided attention, 100% active concentration on something related to what you want to do (this is the most difficult method and it requires basis on many things to be effective, but it is the "faster" and more reliable of all the others. Still it requires a lot of training, so it's better to do other methods if you just want to have the experience).

That's what I've been trying the most, as it feels most natural to me... what is the "basis" that needs to be known here? It sounds like one needs to be experienced to do this technique. I have no problem keeping my focus on something... problem is, my brain is used to activity like that and it doesn't stop me from just going to sleep. Which is what happened to me last night. On the other hand, when I try technique #1:

"1. Using sleep and specifically the Hypnagogic or Hypnopompic state (this is the easiest method, especially using Hypnopompic state, doable either if you have no experience in anything else, its drawback is that the results are usually sporadic at beginning and you have less conscious control of the process and you can do it only using sleep, but it has the great positive of being very easy to adopt, for everyone, and it is also the method that has the most "instructions" to find out more)."

It seems impossible to try for this. It's true that most of the OBEs I've had that were worth something were close to morning, but I don't try for it. If I try to wake without opening my eyes, I can't. My eyes just pop open. I don't see how I can consciously stop that, not being conscious of being asleep.

And I see several comments in this threads that is saying we shouldn't be trying to leave the body? Okay, that contradicts pretty much everything I've been told so far... every technique involves some sort of method for detachment....

I've looked at that ob4u site, but... it didn't help me. The so-called "easiest method" is the one I find to be the hardest. All the articles and material are much more spiritual oriented than I'd like, not being a religious person.
9  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Needs a "show my posts" option on: July 31, 2011, 22:23:35
Ah, thanks NoY! Usually such a button is near the top of each page.

Bran: yeah, found that one last night, but I was looking for a certain one with no reply. I found it. Smiley
10  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Needs a "show my posts" option on: July 31, 2011, 13:55:15
It's far too easy to lose posts and topics here, can a "show all my posts" option be added? I cant find several topics I responded to lately.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How To Have An Out Of Body Experience composed by Summerlander on: July 30, 2011, 04:19:02
I have managed to AP while dreaming two times from what I can remember. Both times I was having a bad dream and wanted to get away. I remember on both events actually coming out of my body, and seeing myself having the dream still. It was quite weird. I don't recall what I actually did during either AP, but on the most recent I distinctively remember finding my bed/body in some room. I climbed into it and then I woke up. So, yeah, I agree thY it sounds like an AP you had.

In other news: might have achieved partial, momentary separation last night, but not a lot of luck overall. Sad
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Why Can't I Project? - A Experienced Perspecitive on: July 28, 2011, 14:43:27
I find it amazing that anyone knows how many times they dream in a night. I wouldn't know where to begin as most nights I don't dream at all(and no, I don't simply do not remember it, it was black all night). Typically, when I do dream, it is so crazy, so interwoven, so realistic and ever-shifting it's not possible to track one to the other. And when I wake, I have no hope of remembering all of it. I can remember pieces, but as far as trying to keep a journal and saying what the dream was about? Haha, no way. I have had plenty of dreams that go into an AP though: I remember these times as where I was in a situation I didn't like in the dream and then- boom- there I was watching myself having said bad dream, while I went off to do something else. What I do, I can't remember exactly, but it seems like I just go into more dreams that don't make a lot of sense. I can't remember ever having any awareness when this happens. I've only ever had a couple of lucid dreams in my life. Most of them are silly, but feel so realistic and are so detailed, I have no clue it is real until I wake up.

Maybe it's possible I don't have the focus/whatever, but idk how to get any better at that. I am incapable of meditation, etc. It's quite easy for me to get the dream-image state and feel odd sensations when trying to AP, but I don't understand how separation works. Moving my body just... moves my body. If I try to "roll out", I just roll over. My best chance really does seem to be accidental. So far nothing I have read works and I can't try many techniques(such as the rope or magnet one), since I cannot sleep or lay on my back for very long due to an obstructive apnea(waking up, not being able to move or breathe is far too horrifying to even think about attempting an AP at that moment). I'm exclusively a side-sleeper.

Last night, I again got as far as seeing some dream imagery, but it when it came time for me to separate... nada. In fact, soon as I tried, I lost everything. I think a big issue is my breathing. I have a lot of issues with it. It always distracts me and I can't unconsciously "just breathe". When I start to get into intense imagery and I try to separate, I stop breathing. Wary of that, I try to correct my breathing, which messes up any AP I had going. Then my heart starts pounding and I can hear it. It's funny, I have no issues during the day breathing without thinking and keeping my heart calm, but when I lay down at night it's a whole other story. Both have actually kept me awake for hours before.

I'm also not sure if my induction or imagery is right... I never can intentionally think up anything very strongly. This is something I've been trying to do as an "induction" lately. First thing I do is get in as far in the blackness as I can. When I start seeing lights, etc, I know I'm pretty much in. Then I try to imagine a bouncing ball going farther into the abyss and me chasing it, trying to catch it. The problem? This doesn't at all relax me, it just keeps me awake and it's a similar story with any sort of intentional imagery I try. I know you're supposed to be able to do similar, get relaxed and not fall asleep, to essentially "trick" your mind into thinking you are asleep, but my brain doesn't seem to be foolable under my best efforts due to the above issues. My best bet seems to be to let myself think about nothing in particular, and trying to let my mind go somewhere on it's own. That tends to work much better and get me far more relaxed but again... when it comes time to separate, I can't. Then I have to start all over again. Farthest I've gotten on this technique is seeing that meadow I mentioned to Summerlander. I have no idea whether was the start of an AP or just my brain at work. In my dreams, I create entire societies, so I'm thinking the meadow was just a product of my own imagination.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Waking up early without an alarm on: July 28, 2011, 14:16:11
Funnily, my body tends to wake up on its own at about the same times every night. I usually first wake up around 4-4:30. Once I can get get settled, it's a battle to stay asleep until 7:30-8ish. After that, I can't sleep any longer regardless of still being tired or not. For me it seems like I better results projecting(purposely at least) if I attempt it when I first lay down. I tried the 4am thing on Summerlander's recommendation a few nights ago, and I didn't feel properly prepped for an AP like I would have hours before.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How To Have An Out Of Body Experience composed by Summerlander on: July 27, 2011, 21:31:40
Unfortunately, don't have anything to report at all for last night... Sad Did end up waking up at 4:29, but when I went back to bed, it didn't feel right and I gave up after about 30 minutes and just went to sleep normally. I probably won't be able to make an attempt tonight, since I may be working early tomorrow... we'll see.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How To Have An Out Of Body Experience composed by Summerlander on: July 27, 2011, 02:21:00
Sure, I'm game for that! It's actually an interesting idea because the times I have intentionally tried for an OOBE, it was when I first when to bed. The timing on that works out well because I generally go to bed at about that time, unless a work day prohibits it, and wake up around 4:30 to use the toilet or get a drink, etc. But the times I've had my most vivid APs(the accidental ones, ha), were generally later at night to near morning. The "flying" ones I had as a child happened close to morning.

I'm not so sure the meadow was an AP though: I didn't "land there" so much as I saw it in my head... my brain's capable of generating some pretty elaborate stuff sometimes, woo ADHD! But I did feel like I was getting to that place though, because other things were fading. I wasn't at the point of paralysis though, so I'm not sure I was ready to reach out and grab a blade of grass, for example. But now that I know that headrush feeling can happen, it shouldn't catch me off-guard again. We'll see. Maybe we will meet in the meadow tonight, that'd be a trip, huh?  shocked
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How To Have An Out Of Body Experience composed by Summerlander on: July 26, 2011, 16:30:57
@ Bran

That was definitely the start of a potential OOBE.  I have got stuck at the head before while my limbs floated.  This tends to lead to a Mode 1 OOBE but intent must be strong in order for the barrier to be broken.  I think the stuck at the head part is a subconscious barrier.

the whooshing and squeaking can be interpreted as SP hallucinations, and the strange feeling one gets could possibly be due to unusual (but natural) activity in the thalamus.  The head rush is usually experienced when one makes an attempt at separation, where vision may appear to pop out of the eye sockets (or out of the head) to be yanked back immediately.  

You are on the right track.  If trying to empty your mind and then letting it go where it may works best for you then go for it.  It is all about finding out what works and what you think has yielded results for you the most.  smiley

Yeah, once I manage to clear my mind, I'm best off trying to hang on to that... what happens for me is I will try to focus on one thing and it does come alive, so I get that far pretty much no problem. Problem is, other things take over and I lose that focus completely. So, what I have learned is that if I can clear my head and slowly get up to that stage, I focus on it better and other thoughts don't start taking over as badly. Clarifying on the head rush thing the other night: I did just that, and my mind went to a meadow with slender, tall grass(bahaya?), flowers and a stream trickling down the middle. Behind the stream were tall pine trees and, for some reason, mountains in the background which made little sense on the otherwise flat landscape. I was starting to feel like I was getting to that place and I head rushed and I guess it jarred me cause as soon as it ended, I lost the meadow.  angry

Which brings me to my next question... so, uh, sounds like I definitely had something there, what could I have done differently? I'm plenty determined to have an AP- I'm certainly not afraid of it. And the one Saturday night where I distinctly felt my legs hovering: I tried to kind of "worm wiggle", for lack of a better term, my way out, but I don't think I moved at all, corporeally or physically.
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: #ubchat closing? on: July 26, 2011, 14:10:12
Lolwhat?! Guys... I've been using IRC for years. IRC is more secure than many of these modern "chat" systems, like Skype, which doesn't even encrypt broadcasted messages. If you connect via ssl, at least your messages can't be eavesdropped on without a tremendous amount of trouble. In fact, I've never heard of this happening/

If you are worried about your IP, either put the channel on a server that allows vhosting via hostserv, create one that masks all members on join by default,  use a remote server like I do, connect via ssh and be invisible, or set up proper IP table rules. I use Freenode often, which is known as a "technical/computer nerd" network and I've never had any sort of issue with hacking.

Live chats are less secure. Lot of exploits exist in java and flash chats, I've seen those get hacked before and mebers impersonated. You also don't have near the amount of control over problem users that one does on irc.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How To Have An Out Of Body Experience composed by Summerlander on: July 25, 2011, 17:00:59
I think I almost had one the last few nights... Saturday night, I felt like I almost got out but got stuck? Felt like my legs were in the air but the rest of me wasn't. I lost the sensation though. Then last night, I got as far as hearing a whooshing/squeaking sound and feeling a sort of... head rush type deal where I felt like I left for a moment before it passed. Not sure if that was the start of an OBE or not. Idk, I don't think my induction/imagery is right or something. I'm not focused enough to drown out other things. Imagery doesn't seem to work very well for me, seems I am almost better off trying to think of nothing at all and letting my mind go somewhere on its own, cause those were the times I had something happen.
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: New here, wanted to say hello on: July 22, 2011, 21:58:27
Thanks for the welcomes!  grin

Welcome Bran, nice to have you aboard. Everybody usually projects a lot when they are little, since they have tons of energy and are not brainwashed by modern society. Now those "bangs" you hear are just, side-effect noises so to speak. For some people, while they are projecting, will see things, hear things etc. They eventually go away the more you project.

~astraladdict

Yeah, it's usually the bang that wakes me up, but I see shadows, hear whispers, that kind of thing, as well. I'm working on the "projecting more" bit, heh.
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / New here, wanted to say hello on: July 22, 2011, 18:49:10
... hello! Okay, so call me "Bran". I'm 22, and have a history with Astral Projection/Travelling.

It used to be a very common thing for me when I was little, to "wake up" floating above my body. Such things have happened less frequently as I have aged, but I am still pleasured by the occasional experience from time to time. Usually I wake up before I fully get there though. I've learned recently that the bangs I hear that scare me awake before I'm fully asleep could be the sound of my astral body separating? But I don't recall ever hearing that as a kid. Recently, I saw the movie "Insidious", and boy was I surprised at what it was actually about. Brought back all kinds of memories, though thankfully I don't think any demons tried to steal my physical body. Still, it intrigued me and I have recently been trying to learn how to do it purposely, as opposed to accidentally, as I have always done it. I think that would make for a more controllable and fun scenario if I could manage. My issue is that when I try to do it on purpose I can't really get my breathing right. I hear constantly that slow, long breaths as if sleeping is important, but... I don't sleep that way? I feel as if I don't get enough air if I try to force that and it throws me off, not feeling "natural" to me. A lot of that is from laying on my back. I am a side sleeper, laying on my back does bad things with my breathing. I woke up one morning on my back, paralyzed and unable to breathe, which was quite scary.  shocked Everything says to lay on your back, but do i have to? And yes, I am somewhat prone to sleep paraylsis.

So, anyway.. guess I'm here to learn, mostly. I find it all interesting and I'd like to be better at it. Maybe have a full blown travel like I did when I was younger someday.
Pages: [1]