The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 22:39:12

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Death Bed Confession From Area 51 Scientist on: July 20, 2017, 12:03:00
Regarding the topic of Area 51, I also recommend watching this.

http://farsight.org/FarsightPress/Area_51_Farsight_Project_main_page.html

cool
Thanks for the heads up. Might give this a try.  wink
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Death Bed Confession From Area 51 Scientist on: July 18, 2017, 00:31:47
Just wondering... Any other source where I could play it? They took down all of them. Cheesy If you never hear from me again, they got me too. Cheesy

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tests, Quests and Challenges on: April 16, 2016, 00:33:38
Thank you for this post, Lumaza. Made my day. Just felt that I should let you know. smiley
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 29, 2016, 01:16:44
I'm not sure I can say this without sounding like an donkey's behind LoL, so please forgive me... but, that's because you simply don't understand.
It's the difference between ACTING good and BEING good.  But meh, in the sense of as long as you're doing good, it doesn't really matter THAT much.

One is done as part of the journey, and one is done after the journey has been completed (for the most part).

Sorry for a late reply, I kind of forgot (finals time  grin ). Anyway, no worries. I think I actually can differentiate between the two and I think I get your point. And I agree. But in my opinion it doesn't contradict what I am saying. You can either act good or be good. Absolutely. But... sorry I cannot help it (I might be a bit of a donkey myself grin ): when you are good, you still feel good about it in some respect. It just isn't the same feeling like when you are merely "acting." Every interaction of us with this world can be broken down to "feelings." Of course, there is nirvana - an absolute cessation of everthing. But still. Generally it is the case. And even the way to nirvana feels "kind of good."

I realise there is the story about Buddha and his pupil where the pupil asks him: So what is the sense in all of this when the desire not to desire is also a desire.

I see a great paralell with our discussion there. And obviously there is a significant difference between "desiring and desiring." But just like I am saying above, it still feels kind of good to let everything be as it is. smiley

Anyway... I think that the language is a great barrier in this conversation. We are talking about something too subtle and intangible to be put down to words. And therefore, misunderstandings might occur. Especially since I am not a native English speaker. So chances are, our opinions (or rather feelings wink ) are not so different from each other. smiley
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 09, 2016, 02:06:16
There's a big difference between a "selfless act" done to feel good and a "selfless act" done because it's the right thing to do.

You can usually tell within yourself which you're doing... generally speaking, if you have to THINK about the good act before you do it (in ANY capacity), then it's generally the former.  If you DON'T think, you simply act, then it's the latter.  Don't get me wrong though, as long as the Intent is positive, there is always room for spiritual growth.  For the most part, we all have to ACT nice before BEING nice becomes the norm for us.

Or as you put it... not feeling anything after doing something good is probably the ultimate act of selflessness.  The kicker being just that... it's the act of simply allowing everything to be as it is.

But in the end, there is a big difference between the two acts you and I mention above.  Smiley
Again, I don't think there is that much of a difference.  wink If you feel something is the right thing to do and you do it, you feel good. If it also includes something unpleasant too, it has to do with ego, nothing else. So again, it is benefitial to you in the sense of development. smiley

Yes you can also feel good about doing something greedy, but that is ego stuff again and not what I meant really.

The act of allowing everything to be as it is.... well, fair enough. I will again use the nalaogy to Nirvana. Buddhists seek the cessation of all ego-based feelings. And by doing so, they are supposed achieve that blissful state. So I would say that if you succeed in achieving that kind of state where you are just an observer and are dettached from eveything, you will probably feel pretty good, perhaps not in the usual emotional sense that we know as you would be dettached form emotion as well, but somehow else. For that matter, when I for example help someone, the feeling that comes along with it is not really an emotion. It is hard to describe but I think you know that feeling too. You just feel it was right and you feel good. And these tho feelings are not separate, they are the same thing and they are kind of devoid of any emotional load. It is hard to describe but I think you know that feeling too.
As most people do, you're confusing the emotion "love" with what people call "Unconditional Love".  They're NOT the same thing.  Unconditional Love has nothing to do with the emotion and has to do more with accepting "what is".  It's a language barrier issue more than anything else.

Again, I didn't mean that greedy kind of love that is in fact not love at all but rather ego. And again, what does the  accepting "what is" feel like?  smiley
There's no need.  It's all opinion and perspective anyway.  You choose to take it on or you choose not to.  
Whatever YOU choose to do is meaningless as it doesn't effect me at all... it only effects YOU.  Smiley
As I have said, I meant is as a kind of a challenge for further discussion. I don't really care who is right or wrong. I just just find the conversation entertaining and... well not sure if benefitial, so I will just go with entertaining.  grin Sorry I didn't make myself clearer  wink
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 09, 2016, 01:36:23
I'm not really interested in proving you wrong, sorry smiley

I meant for the matter of discussion, not for the matter of feeling good beating me or anything, of course wink
I agree that every selfless act is motivated by something and that that is not a bad thing. However "selfless" is defined as "having little concern for one's own interests". I am seeing a difference between extending a kindness (or whatever) based on what I benefit from it, i.e. "feeling good" "knowing I did the right thing" vs compassion/empathy and love for the other individual being the primary motivator. I'm not dissing feeling good about it at all, just saying that in my view its secondary. Thats what makes it "selfless"

I can help a little old lady across the street because I know it will make me feel good or because I have empathy and compassion for her predicament. Many times its probably both, agreed. Win-win. But if my benefit is the primary driver, its going to be easier to look the other way. It has to jostle with all of my other self interests at the moment. Is "feeling good" worth being 5 minutes late to the important job interview? Not today!  wink

I agree, I just think that feeling good is an essential part of this. You can have little concern for your own interest, but then again, if that is the case, you eventually will feel good about helping people.
The example with the old lady is a good one. However, I think that it is about priorities. The former option is materialist-based, the latter more love-based, therefore... let's say better for the spiritual development or whatever. So again, both actions are motivated, it is just about you choosing which is more important to you. Either you choose to hurry to your interviw, but that is going to make you feel bad for the lady, or you help her out, come to the interview late and feel bad about it, but you know you helped her and that is going to make up for that. smiley
I didn't define unconditional love, I just asked a question, so I'm not sure what you mean by this. I would like to see your definition though.  smiley
Fair enough, I probably misunderstood you. It is hard to "define" anything like that, I just think (maybe unlike you) that unconditional love still feels good even though you might not seek that feeling at all. It is just like the concept of Nirvana. It is about dissociating yourself from emotional ego-based load completely, but in the end, it is supposed to be blissful. I hope you get what I am trying to say smiley
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 08, 2016, 17:43:00
You make a good point, and I'd say that probably accounts for a substantial part of what we label "altruism". But if you are making the argument that nobody would "be altruistic if it didn't make them feel good" you are saying that we are incapable of truly selfless acts. That kind of sums up what disturbs me about the MBT. I read a lot about "unconditional love". Is it really unconditional if I (or the higher consciousness, whatever that may be) really do it only for a benefit?

I don't really understand what feels so wrong to you about it. Every selfless act is motivated by something. Even when you do not directly feel elated, you kind of know it is the right thing to do and that makes you do it, because you then feel at least better if not good. If it was not that way, it would make no sense for anyone to do it. I am really not disturbed by that. Quite on the contrary. Imagine you did something really selfless and didn't feel anything after doing so. Would that not feel kind of hollow. So I do not see a motiviation fueling every single act of ours as a bad thing. That is, if the benefit you get out of it is mutual. Everyone is happy, so what is the matter.

Furthermore, I see the term "unconditional love" as you define it as kind of a nonsense. Love has to feel good, it just doesn't make sense to me for it not to. You might disagree that you can actually feel a lot of pain yourself by selflessly sacrificing your personal aganda to help someoone else. But I could say that the pain you are feeling might actually be about giving up the material values or your greed and, in bigger picture, also about personal development and the good feeling of doing something for others (and therefore yourself, if you go with the theory that we are all just one). So no, sorry, but that kind of love does not exist in my opinion and I don't see why I shouldn't be okay with that. wink

Try to prove me wrong, I am seriously intersted if you can come up with something that contradicts what I said above smiley
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tom Campbell on: January 01, 2016, 15:04:35
I wonder though, for those of you who are "all in" with the MBT, how you square this concept of love as just the most efficient means to an end vs the concept of love being purely altruistic. Meaning, are you OK with that?

Now, this is very interesting when you think about it. What does it mean to be altruistic? It is essentially helping other people in a selfless fashion, isn't it?. But why do you do that when you get nothing out of it? Well, you do it because you actually do get something out of it. And that is that you feel good doing it and so, by your words, it is "efficient" for you. You also love because it feels good, right? I mean, would anybody be altruistic if it didn't make them feel good? I don't really think so. And so, is it really selfless to love and be altruistic if you get a reward for it? So to say, is it really altruistic to be altruistic?  grin

Happy New Year to everyone btw smiley
9  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Science in Astral and Metaphysics on Earth on: April 30, 2015, 00:27:17
But see, that's really the thing... you *DO* have "the ability to perceive all of it at one time"... you just don't know how to listen.  Most people go through life listening on the purely physical level.  That's not deep enough.  Hell, as I said, most people don't even realize that they have this connection because they're too completely invested in the idea that this is a physical, objective reality to even bother to notice.  Smiley
I agree. I just probably didn't make myself clear enough. You are right that physical reality is NOT the objective one (if there are any objective at all). And yes, you have the link to the consciousness right know because you are it. But... Do you know everything just right at the moment? In a way, yes: somewhere deep within lies the answer. You COULD access it. You just usually don't. And to master the ability step by step takes a hell lot of effort. And this process is a learning experience. If you mastered the ability straight away, the learning value would be diminished.

Take every single experience you live through. Dealing with it without knowing everything teaches you thing or two, doesn't it? When you are unsure about what happens after death for example, you learn how to react to situations where death is involved while being uncertain and to deal with this uncertainty. Imagine you knew exactly what happens. It would take all the fun away. smiley Yes, you are able to access this information. But are you able to tell me? smiley
10  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Science in Astral and Metaphysics on Earth on: April 29, 2015, 23:05:57
He doesn't even realize it, but his consciousness is already everything... so is yours, and mine... etc...
True, but most (or all) of the time here on Earth you don't have the ability to perceive all of it at one time. Else you would be able to do, know and foresee everything. Then life would have know meaning as you would learn nothing from being separated from the source and from the process of rediscovering it.. That is what I think. And just maybe beavis was going that way too fast and so his higher self decided to step in and stop it. Just a thought. Who knows? I definitely don't. grin
11  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Science in Astral and Metaphysics on Earth on: April 29, 2015, 23:02:08
That, and it doesn't even surprise me when I see the infinite possibilities of past world/lives and the choices I gotta make. I'm glad I took that road. I'm still bugged about singularity tho (mostly the end of the line).

Our consciousness already reached far beyond the Universe, it's everywhere you want it to be, trillions and trillions of galaxies. Those who are not letting people down is because they just know what they gotta do deep inside, if you're in doubt it's because you're not on YOUR right path. Your consciousness can be in alternate universe, where ever you choose it to be. It's the teachings that it brings you that is important.

I feel that my consciousness is communicating with other higher consciousness (few humans) but mostly people reincarnated here on earth who know at which point we are.  Basically defining the world we actually live in... life/death/astral thoughts.

Beavis I know that you are wondering where we are going. It's pretty simple actually, we are going into the Science Singularity.
It might not happen in the next 20 years but 40-60 years, maybe 80 or a century... But it's bound to happen, eventually people will be cyborgs, androids and such. Technology develops too fast, and by the time we've figured what is happening a hacker will already have released the A.I. in the computer world.
The only way for us to survive will be to get implants and "merge" with computers.

If our consciousness is completely transferred through computers without the feeling of our body dying, and that the computers figure a way to overcome the Universe collapsing on itself, or becoming a complete void (being one of the theory of Hawking) Then we would be considered "Immortals".

How can you know this is the course we are going to take. It might be a possibility, but a sure thing? I don't think so.

If it indeed were to happen, it opens up quite a few philosophical qustions.
Can an artificial machine contain a consciousness/soul within itself? If so, will we have means to do it?
How did the life as we know it and which we consider nature-based (of organic origin) begin anyway? Surely, organic compounds can be made out of inorganic ones, but how were DNA, RNA and protiens made? Which one was first? There are quite a few theories out there (Oparin's being the most popular at the moment), but none of them offers satisfactory answers. Now when we on AP, unlike most scienists, know consiousness is not just a brain product, how does it relate to the creation of life?
Can something artificial be 'injected' with consciousness after it has been made? Or is it only present from the beginning upon birth/fertilization etc.? Or are artificial things already conscious too (I know everything is already consciousness but I mean it in the sense of having an individual personality, just like we do in the physical reality)? And again, aren't we also 'artificial'? Is consciousness 'artificial'? What was the first thing that existed? And what was before it? smiley smiley smiley

Just trying to say I am clueless here. Everyone is. But you seemed pretty confident in that particular point. Why?
12  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: penial gland. detoxification or decalcifyin on: April 29, 2015, 22:43:03
I will say this. What you eat and drink has a huge effect on your mood and psyche. My personal experience. To get rid of toxins is a good thing to do, yet I too do not think there is a link between pineal gland calcification and AP (and other psychic abilities). The effect might be indirect in that you might get into an emotional mess because of your diet. But calicification in this case is not one of the top things to worry about, I think.

BTW: Xanth, congratulations to your 10,000th post on Astral Pulse and 1,000th post on Unlimited Boundaries which came at almost the exact same time. Coincidence? I don't think so. grin
13  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Science in Astral and Metaphysics on Earth on: April 29, 2015, 03:39:45
Just a little more practice at it and I might have spread my consciousness across galaxies and dimensions permanently and still be looking down here at my Human body like a spec of dust.
Mabe you were not meant to. Maybe you would not learn as much that way
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: My doubts about projecting... on: April 25, 2015, 22:12:35
I guess you might want to read the validation thread:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_permanent_astral_topics/validation_thread-t25607.0.html
Very nice read. There are also many other sources like thia. But you never can be 100% reassured, unless you do it on your own. So do. smiley
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How I Got Out For The First Time on: April 23, 2015, 10:35:04
You know what's tricky, though? When you do a reality check and still fail to recognise it as a dream. grin Happened to me many times. sad
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Meditating in front of the mirror - image disapearing on: April 22, 2015, 21:08:56
Nothing as we know it is certain, with infiniate possibilities, why not even consider the insane, outrageous and extraordinary? There are tons of things we are unsure of or even agree on. Which kinds on concepts are you specifically refering to? I would love to hear some of your "outside of the box" thinking Smiley
In general, every concept which operates with the idea that physical matter is the only thing that is. But it is hard to come up with something you have not come across, since members of this forum are pretty much on the same wavelength. But not so long ago I also reasoned on this forum why the theory that negs are only part of ourselves and creation of our minds could be wrong. Not necessarily because I think so but because I felt it was developing into kind of a dogma here so I felt the need to challenge just as I do with every dogma.
Oh, I hate dogmas. The scientific and medical ones in particular. I have been involved in this field for quite some time and love it but find it just sad how closeminded people in this field are. I don't only mean those ‘our consciousness is just a chain of chemical reactions in our brain‘ there is nothing but matter‘ statements. I have also witnessed and/or experienced first hand some medical treatments which are considered pseudoscientific and ineffective or even harmful and seen how effective they actually are. They are still not approved of or even banned in some cases, though. Not saying that some alternative treatments are NOT scam.
You would also find me agreeing with many so called conspiracy theories because facts are not always on the side of the official description of events. And I ignore the dogma that ‘a democratic government would never do that‘ or ‘aliens don't exist because weather balloons‘ a big time. grin
I could list some of my views on the nature of reality, too. But I would probably just repeat someone else's words from here.
Anyway, every time I see such an idea as yours here it is like a fresh air. smiley
17  Healing / Welcome to the Healing place! / Re: Prayers for my Twin Bro. on: April 22, 2015, 16:57:33
Just a little update about my brother. he is now on recovery and i'm still praying for him to finish his treatment. we are lucky to have a Drug Addiction Services out there who helped my brother. after his treatment i will tell him about astral project and meditation and everything that i learned about this forum.
I think you should not rush it, though. Dont spit it out instantly and give him some time to process it. He just went through a very turbulent part of his life.
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Manifestation Works! on: April 21, 2015, 03:37:52
More things manifested that I didn't think would be unlikely to happen. Kinda surprised. I'm doing new manifestations now where I get super popular in photography. So far that's working as well.   
Looking forward to seeing your photos everywhere soon. wink Keep us up to date.
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Meditating in front of the mirror - image disapearing on: April 21, 2015, 03:35:26
Continue with that thought.  Smiley
I actually ponder the physics of reality and wonder, if the whole world is a projection of our own thoughts/conciousness, as what our eyes depict is only an illusion of bouncing light (we do not totally understand the structure of light either) it would make sense in deep meditation for us to "disapear" as we lose focus on projecting our physical selves into the realm of reality, would also explain why you could see what was behind you. Just a thought lol
Oh, I love that thought too. Basically, I love every outside of the box idea challenging something we normally take for granted. And the more it is taken for granted, the more I like to undermine the concept.Some of you might have noticed. grin But really, it is such a good feeling of freedom not to be bound by anything.
And this one is really fabulous. It could actually set you free from every law of physics here, you could do anything not by thinking you could do it, but just by using focus. Wow. Gonna try if out. The part where you lose focus might be tricky, though. grin
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Structure of the Astral/Dream Realms -theory on: April 21, 2015, 03:24:33
What you think of materialises in both physical and dream reality. Did you take it into consideration?
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you want or plan on reincarnating here to the physical again? on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:17
No.  Never.  Burning up the last of my karma in this life.  If I could have known how painful this last one would be...I would have divided it into three, at least.  The worst hasn't even happened yet. 

How could you possibly know all of the above, without being able to look at the whole picture outside of your current life?
22  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Recurring Dream- That doesn't make sense to me, help with its meaning anyone? on: April 20, 2015, 01:41:22
When you have something/someone you care for very much, sometimes your biggest fear of all is that you will lose it. And you need to come to terms with the fact that nothing lasts forever (I hope everything stays perfect in your marriage, but if it indeed does, we all must die one day anyway) and accept it. When you are able to do that, which is often very hard, you will be able to take the most out of this pleasant thing (in this case love, which is the best option; the wrong option would be money wink ) right know when you still have it, while not being constantly afraid of losing it.

So it might be telling you two things: live in the now and don't be overly attached. I know it might sound silly when it comes to someone you love greatly but it doesn't mean you shouldn't love. Quite the opposite. When you are so afraid of losing the love of someone, your love for that person might give way to  egoism and need to receive love and anxiousness. And this might create a situation which causes exactly what you are afraid of. So it might be also telling you to relax a little bit. And obviously not to be egoistic.

Obviously you might think my guess is way off. It may be, of course. But it may also be your subconsciousness projecting in those dreams.

Just my two cents, greatly influenced by Buddhism, which I proudly admit. grin

BTW: Looking within sometimes also comes in handy grin
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello - My Adventure on: April 16, 2015, 16:10:08
Hello Jack, it is amazing isn't it? I was beside myself when I first found out this was actually real and no esoteric BS.  It also changed my life and its perception completely, in a good way. I was 16 when this happened, so I know how you are feeling. The feeling of isolation is just an illusion, though. The simple fact that you found this site is a proof of that. In a different thread you wrote about the urge to create this little community here. Well, we are already here. grin We won't mock you or anything, our point of view is similar, so just relax and enjoy the discussion. wink

As for not being able to meet someone with similar interests in person, well, try to manifest them. I also had a kind of isolated feeling at first, but then I realised those people are already around me, without me knowing it beforehand. And I started meeting some new. Hard to say how many people hold opinions similar to ours,just because it is not comfortable for some to speak up about their personal experiences.
24  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Magic? on: April 16, 2015, 15:07:20
I agree with Drakoreo‘s post. However, I would like to add and stress that all the tools you can use you can do well without them.
Actually, magic is nothing more than manifesting the intent you put certain amount of power behind. It is as simple as that. For you to understand, Jack, let‘s draw a parallel between physical and non physical (NP) worlds. As you certainly know now, while having a LD or OBE, you can place intent for something to happen and it instantly manifests there. Because you know you're dreaming and in control. When you are not aware your thoughts also manifest but randomly, since you are not in control. And that is where you get those crazy dreams from.

But the thing is that the same rules apply to our physical reality. Only it is much more stable and shared with others who also manifest their thoughts and that is why it is harder and takes more time to manifest things on purpose. You see, just like in a dream, you either realise your being in control of the events or you don‘t and your life flows uncontrolled based on your random feelings and thoughts. That being said, a destiny of some sort and your own decisions while dealing with the events set up by it also play a big role in my opinion. But often when you go through a difficult situation, you very likely imposed it upon yourself by negative thinking and vice versa.

And that is the core of it. The more power behind your thought and the more you believe it, the more you can influence the physical world the way you want. But because of the obvious reasons stated above it is hard sometimes and people make it easier by using symbols, spells etc., which are unnecessary but helpful by giving you something you can better focus your willpower on. An enhanced effect can be the result.
But I do not like the term magic, because it smells too much of Harry Potter and stuff like this with the real principle being not obvious. Sure you can wave a magic wand or draw pentagrams if you think it will help, because then it will, but it is unnecessary.

As already mentioned, it can be and will be harmful only if your intent is to harm and/or control others. There is probably some kind of karmic rule in play.

Good luck with your exploration of things you deemed impossible not so long ago.  wink
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Manifestation Works! on: April 14, 2015, 01:55:06
What a coincidence, isn't it? evil grin

EDIT: BTW this is my post number 66. And what happens when you divide 66 by 2? evil
Pages: [1] 2 3 4