The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 22, 2019, 13:12:21

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Soccer World Cup on: June 13, 2006, 03:43:34
Gooooo team USA!!!! I think it's time we win this thing for once.
2  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / No such thing as a fake crop circle on: June 11, 2006, 03:21:36
Define "fake"
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Dual Near Death Experience(s) on: June 11, 2006, 03:16:40
Holy Dionysus. that does look interesting. If this is true, it could be the one piece of evidence that skeptics cant explain away easily (I should know, Im a skeptic). Nice find.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uses of The 4th Dimension (New Discovery by The Human Race!) on: May 13, 2006, 05:26:30
Oh man, pass the salt please......
5  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Pagan Sex Orgies on: April 24, 2006, 22:07:23
Mustardseed- What country do you live in? A culture where sex isnt considered a bad or evil thing is quite a good culture to me  tongue
And I agree with not lumping all christians together, they are all a pretty diverse group.
6  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / What is "Integral Philosophy"? on: April 17, 2006, 06:46:13
Answer my question and I'll answer yours  grin
7  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / What is "Integral Philosophy"? on: April 11, 2006, 00:21:48
What is integral philosophy? I have a pretty good understanding of what philosophy means, not sure about the integral part. Thank you.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Myth of Atlantis on: April 11, 2006, 00:19:21
Based I what I have read and heard, I think its a myth, though I pretty good one. But that's just me. Believe what you want.
9  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / life after death on: April 06, 2006, 23:14:37
Quote from: The AlphaOmega
Does it really matter if you believe in an afterlife or not?  If you do thats fine, but it doesn't change anything if you don't.  There either is or their isn't, but EVERYONE will find out the truth when that time comes.  Untill then, live life!

Not necessarily. See, if the atheists are right, and this life is all there is, then when we die, our consciousness is annihilated. When that happens, we can't KNOW anything, because we dont exist anymore. Therefore, when we die, there is a chance that we will not know, even then, because there may not be anyone there to do the knowing! See what I mean?
10  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / There is no evil? Pfft, that's laughable. on: April 06, 2006, 23:04:45
Well, I'm kind of torn on this issue. I mean, philosophically, the view that there is an absolute right and wrong is very shaky ground, but on the other hand, I feel there may just yet be some things which are right and wrong absolutely, in ever culture and time. I mean look at Hitler. Almost everyone would agree that what he did was wrong, no matter the time or culture. So, I don't know.
11  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Can Humans be human without a God? on: April 01, 2006, 22:42:03
Depends on what you mean by "Human." Biologically, yes we are human, with or without god or gods. If you mean emotionally (which, I'd imagine, would be a pretty slipper and vague definition) I dont see why not. Many atheists I know are "Human" in both senses, as well as agnostics, humanists, pantheists, deists, and so forth.
12  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Meaning of Life on: March 27, 2006, 19:49:23
Biologically, our purpose in live is to pass on our genes to the next generation. Beyond that, I dont know. From my experience so far, the meaning of life is what you assign to it, but who knows. There may be some kind of spiritual meaning in life, but I've seen no evidence of this thus far.
13  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Evidence for an Atlantis on: March 27, 2006, 19:41:24
I find it strange people put faith in such place too, but oh well. If it helps people along there spiritual path by believing in it, that's fine.
14  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Quantum Philosophy on: March 27, 2006, 19:35:54
cheesy Good laugh indeed.
15  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / A question about philosophy in mediumship on: March 27, 2006, 19:32:56
Wow, that must be cool having a guide interested in philosophy (it would for me anyway  cheesy ) When it comes to mediumship, I dont know much. Anyway, I read somewhere that philosophers go into the "mental realm" or something, so maybe your guide is from there?
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Why does western medicine deny the existence of the chakras? on: March 27, 2006, 19:28:58
Well, I dont know, is there any good evidence for Chakras? If not, then I wouldnt blame anyone for not believing in them.
17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 23, 2006, 07:04:39
Quote from: SpeaK
Everything should be taken with a little dose of skepticism... Another matter is to lock topics which the moderators would consider "propably not true", which I think was the point of Sunn in the first post of the topic.

Let's hope more people here feel the same way. From my brief experience here though, that does not seem to be the case, but there is always hope I suppose.
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The weirdest thing happened today on: March 23, 2006, 06:38:29
Yeah, I got one of there email scams one time. Right in the middle of reading it I knew it was fake. Also, I read some stuff of how they have actually killed people who flew over there and such. Really creepy.
19  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / Opinions on Edgar Cayce?? on: March 23, 2006, 00:21:01
Latinas, I think that whole "Evil Spirit trying to deceive us" thing is basically a cop-out. I mean, if you believe that, you can just rationalize any evidence against god or Christianity as "the devil is tricking me" kind of thing. I really dont buy into any of that. Now, as for Edgar Cayce, I'm not sure if he is the real thing or not. Didn't he predict something like part of the United States going of into the ocean or something? Well, like I said, I need to look into it.
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / OOBE = LUCID DREAMS? on: March 23, 2006, 00:13:09
Well, it's certainly a good alternative hypothosis, though I have to do alot more research into it.
21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Do You.. on: March 21, 2006, 20:49:07
I agree with the OP's main point, which is trying to take things in this forum with a grain of salt, at least the more "out-there" kind of things. I mean, right now I can claim I'm God, and I am omni-everythng, created everything, and am eternal. Should anyone believe me? Of course not, and rightly so. I really dont think it would hurt this forum to have a little dose of skepticism, though of course there are limits there as well.
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What's the strangest street name you know? on: March 21, 2006, 20:41:20
Four Wheel Drive cheesy
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Logic in the Astral Realm on: March 10, 2006, 00:43:20
Wow, sounds interesting. I mean, I think of alot of crazy possiblies (or non-possibilities) like the square-circle thing or both existing and not existing at the same time. Crazy stuff, so once I am able to AP, I'm gonna try this stuff out.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Logic in the Astral Realm on: March 09, 2006, 00:13:22
To those who have APed, (something I am trying to do, but with no sucess  smiley ) What is logic like in the astral realm? Is it somewhat different? Same? Non-existent? Could you make things like square circles there? Do things make sense, or are they generally out-there kind of stuff like in dreams? I am just very curious, logic and reasoning are of great interest to me.
25  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / CREATION - Intelligent Design vs Evolution on: March 08, 2006, 06:54:54
I think, before the debate even begins, that we get our terms straight. "Intelligent Design" and "Evolution" are not at all two contrary theories. Intelligent Design is the theory that we, and the universe in general, were made by a supernatural agent. The theory of evolution explains how we evolved from that first living cell to all the different species on the planet. Remember, it says nothing of HOW we got here, just how animals evolve AFTER that. It seems to be a common misconception among creationists. Abiogenesis, on the other hand, DOES try to show how that first living cell got here by naturalistic means. So, I think it would be more accurate if we say "Intelligent Design" verses "Abiogenesis"
Pages: [1] 2