The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 07, 2021, 15:40:36

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Was this the astral plane? on: July 08, 2019, 04:14:30
The other night I took some gotu kola before going to bed.  That's all I did, I just wanted to see if it would make me dream more lucidly.  I had what seemed to be just another normal dream about their being an "ocean" in the sky with another layer of sky above it.  Research after the fact showed that what I dreamt about shows at least a passing resemblance to the concept of celestial spheres, so did I actually go there?  Would going there again be as simple as just taking the gotu mola again?  What can I do to ensure that I can be more lucid the next time I go there?
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Very important request on: April 20, 2019, 23:56:01
I keep getting talked down to here whenever I try to explain things like the fact that I'm naturally resistant to supernatural experiences, or that I'm too aware of my own consciousness for my brain to tune into the very precise frequency that feels like it might work for me.  When I'm meditating I can feel brief glimpses of a state that does almost feel like I'm floating out of my body and it happens spontaneously without even having to manually use an exit method, but my resistance to supernatural experiences and overawareness of my consciousness is preventing me from being able to exit right away - I really need help figuring out how to get around these things, and I need people to trust me when I say that I can't just get rid of these problems by being patient and stuff.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Very important request on: April 13, 2019, 20:08:03
Ok, I am absolutely certain that in order to project I need to entrain myself to a very precise brainstate.  It's a brainstate where I'm trying to quiet down my brain as quietly as possible while using as little metacognition as possible.  It is very difficult to do this without a muse app that makes some kind of noise when I'm doing it correctly.  Programming this app should be very easy for anyone who knows how and it's rather frustrating when you know something can be done but have a hard time finding someone who will actually do it for you.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Might have come close to AP, need help figuring out what else I need to do on: April 09, 2019, 15:05:55
When you say you were trying to "very gently quiet my brain down"... what were you doing exactly?
I was was wearing a MUSE headband, using the app that plays rain sounds that get quieter the more quiet your brain is, but I was trying to see if I could do it without actually trying, since staying in the "quiet" state for long periods of time feels like trying to hold my breath for a long time.  I also had binaural beats playing.  I never actually got the rain sound to stop when this started happening, but I think i still felt calm.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Might have come close to AP, need help figuring out what else I need to do on: April 09, 2019, 05:32:11
Whatever it is I've only gotten it to work once.  I was lying in bed trying to very gently quiet my brain down, when my vision started dimming and it started to feel like I was floating.  The only thing that might have been keeping me from doing it was the fact that I was too aware of my own consciousness and it made my grip on whatever I was holding on to feel extremly fragile.  Please help me figure out if there's anything I can do to get farther next time I manage to reach this state.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Very important request on: March 10, 2019, 05:37:19
https://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-aids/162202-muse-headband-second-look-maybe-its-actually-pretty-good.html

In this thread, you can see that someone was working on trying develop a lucid dreaming app that would work with Muse headbands.  They seem to have abandoned the project, but it would be really great if someone could make this app if they could just in case no one else on that forum can.  I desperately need to project as part of a spiritual healing process I'm going through, and using EEG to induce it seems like it would be the only thing that would work for me.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I REALLY need some help on: January 25, 2019, 20:51:19
The biggest problems with my ability to project appear to be:

-the fact that I have ADD and that things like lying in bed absolutely still literally feel impossible
-the fact that it's hard to focus on two things at once and entering the focal state feels like it would override my ability to visualize my exit method
-the fact that my brain has the ability to analyze whether or not I'm doing things correctly
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I REALLY need some help on: January 23, 2019, 16:14:37
This practice needs patience, even for years or a decade, to find your "method". Then replicate it if you can. Did you try Frank's phasing? Trying it in the early mornings may work well. I'm good in the approach of becoming aware via sleep (which people call Lucid Dreaming) and it takes effort to elevate my awareness. So there are many approaches.

The "focal point of awareness" that Frank mentions is one of the main things that I struggle with.  I think that a MUSE 6might be able to help if I knew the right settings to input.  Finding a way to ensure that I can use an exit method properly might be trickier.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / I REALLY need some help on: January 22, 2019, 15:13:24
I really really want to project, but pretty much every technique involves things that are too subjective, if that makes any sense.  I did try hanging myself upside down, but I think my brain is too used to regaining equilibrium when I do things like that or something like that.  I really dont want to resort to drugs, especially because I take adderall and prozac every morning.  I really need someone to help me figure something out that will actually work for me.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What was this, and what caused it? on: January 21, 2019, 19:40:28
The closest I've ever come to having a sleep paralysis-like experience was this time when I woke up in the middle of the night, still feeling very sleepy but still fully aware of the fact that I was in the real world instead of a dream world, and and having some sort of hallucination that someone had just sat down on my bed. This could be very important for figuring out a technique for me that would actually work, so I really need some insight on it.
11  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Please help me on: June 17, 2018, 20:04:03
I am still very OCD over the fact that it's possible to botch things if I'm going to do it through hypnosis.  Entrainment and talismans are the only things I feel comfortable with.  I'll probably inscribe the talisman with my question and then set my entrainment device to tap into my 8th chakra, but I need to know what settings on the device to use, and anything else I should know before doing this

12  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Please help me on: June 17, 2018, 04:38:00
Before I begin, I want to explain something.  I suffer from high-functioning autism.  Because of this, my mind is very "black or white" about things.  Alot of the time when I ask people about these things, they dont understand about how I really really need the EXACT thing I'm asking for and not some kind of "the answer is already inside you" kind of answer.  Those kinds of answers just dont compute to me because of the way my mind works.

Anyway, there is a question that I really want to ask my "higher self".  The best way to do this seems to be using a brainwave entrainment device to tap into my 8th chakra.  However, I am very OCD over the fact that my mind might slip and that I might not ask the question correctly or something like that.  I seem to remember reading stuff about magick and writing down wishes and putting them in special boxes or something like that.  I really want to find some way to use an entrainment device to tap into my 8th chakra and have it automatically know that its supposed to answer the question that's in the box.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Asking questions to astral beings on: June 11, 2018, 01:54:46
You're asking questions which, literally, have no answers to.

You're also being too "left-brained" about this... stop over-analyzing this stuff.  That kind of thing only works against you.

Yes, they do have answers.  Maybe you just dont understand what I'm trying to do very well.  And my "left brain" is already done working out all the bugs, so all that's left to do is let the left side relax because it knows everything is going to be taken care of.  That will keep it from working against me.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Asking questions to astral beings on: June 10, 2018, 21:47:36
Just in case the thing that I heard was nothing more than confirmation bias, it would still be nice if someone who was really good at receiving messages without going OBE so they can be written down could see if I was right.  What I want to know is what precise settings to set the brainwave entrainment device I'm building to in order to reach the state I'm trying to reach, taking into account that my mind was still making revisions to what I wanted that state to be as recently as yesterday
15  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Help me interpret this please on: June 05, 2018, 09:32:41
I received some sort of message while in an altered state of conciousness.  I know that I need to do something with a brainwave entrainment device.  And that I have a series of 24 2-or-3 digit values and that the order that these values come in is important.  Could someone please help me figure out exactly what it is I need to do?
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Asking questions to astral beings on: May 27, 2018, 19:31:09
No offense meant to them, but "those" people are usually kind of full of themselves.

You go in to an altered state of mind *MANY* times throughout your day and night.  There's no harm in exploring it.
No harm will ever come to you.

As for "powers that be"... there aren't any of those.  There's only YOU. 
Whatever your question is, I can tell you this... It's not as important as you think it is.
No question is really.

So, you're saying that I could have been in an altered state of mind without even realizing it?
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Asking questions to astral beings on: May 26, 2018, 22:24:32
To get a proper answer you have to have access to your subconscious, in an altered state of consciousness. Otherwise, it's likely that the answer is given by your hopes and fears, and it's unreliable.

While in such a state, as you ask your question, the answer will pop up in your mind. Be sure to ask a clear question, and not to rationalize the answer! If you don't get an answer immediately, don't wait longer. Reformulate your question, and ask again.

My reiki practitioner told me that I shouldn't be going into altered states of mind unless I feel that I'm ready.  But since i need that information so much I'm sure that the powers that be have other ways of getting it to me.  And I've really got nothing to lose.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Asking questions to astral beings on: May 26, 2018, 05:12:37
The misconception is that to interact with the non-physical you must also be non-physical. 
This misconception comes from the idea that you're a physical being and that the non-physical is separate from you and this physical reality.
You, me, this reality we're currently experiencing is all one and part of the "non-physical"... it's all part of consciousness.

First, meditate a bit to relax and calm your mind and do what Phildan suggest.  This is how you communicate with consciousness, or as people more incorrectly call them "spirit guides", "angels, etc...
The answer you receive will most likely NOT be anything verbal.  It could come to you in ANY way, shape or form... so be open to the answer however it may come to you.

I did find SOMETHING that could be what I was looking for.  I wasnt meditating when it came to me but it did seem to strike me alot faster than things usually do. 
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Asking questions to astral beings on: May 26, 2018, 01:13:55
I dont have the ability to get into the plane for reasons that are hard to describe. But there is a VERY important question that I need to ask the astral beings. It is a rather precise question that is likely to have a very long answer that will probably be very easy to forget unless someone is writing it down as it's being told to them. I REALLY need someone to try to go there and retrieve this information for me
Pages: [1]