The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 30, 2020, 07:19:35

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi, haven't been here for a long time on: May 23, 2011, 19:31:02

Thanks! Any updates about the forum that I should know about?
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi, haven't been here for a long time on: May 23, 2011, 09:10:56
Greetings DarkMind and welcome.
So are you a former member who is returning here after a time away? Or are you a new member?
Either way I hope that you will like it here.
btw I will check out your blog and then get back with a comment.

Regards  cool
Grey

Hi,

I joined this forum some time back but have been inactive for a long time. I just logged in again recently and found that my account is still around.  smiley

It seems the forum has not changed much as the forum sections still seem the same.

Thanks for your well-wishes and for checking out my blog.

Where do you normally chat in in this forum? I mean, which section or sub-section of this forum do you usually post?

3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hi, haven't been here for a long time on: May 22, 2011, 22:54:28
Hi, haven't been here for a long time.  smiley

For more information about me, please check out my blog in my signature (click on "view my complete profile" on my blog for my introduction).

I am from Singapore and I am a Buddhist. But currently too busy to really do meditation.
4  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: New Experience During Meditation on: June 05, 2009, 21:33:26
in meditation thoughts, hallucinations, dreams, appear to come and go... actually the mind is these thoughts...

relatively rarely and randomly SELF, Kundalini, Shakti manifests it-SELF to the mind with different dynamics and dilutions, especially the Laughter that makes reality what it is: unreal.
 Self/Kundalini  is the Laughter that reveals that reality is really unreal. 
Unpolluted by thoughts this Self/Kundalini is dreamless-sleep or Samadhi.

Is that description/explanation from a Hindu tradition?

5  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Bali on: June 05, 2009, 20:52:02

Thanks for sharing.   smiley

Do you still live in Bali?
6  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: SUPER HEROES on: February 08, 2007, 19:30:12

The most astonishing thing I have ever seen was a guy channeling heat through his body and lighting a paper only by touching it. Now this took a lifetime of training and he can't really controll heat around him, he can just controll his body (meditation etc.) to generate the required heat.
Someone else could do the same with electricity I think. He could use his body to generate it, again this is only his body and not really controlling electricity.

Did the guy who could control heat do "Tummo" (Inner Heat; Tibetan Yoga) meditation?

7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: entering someone's dream on: February 08, 2007, 19:18:57
i was wondering if anyone knows what are the possible consequences for entering someones dream? I'm not sure if I should do it again because I read somewhere that I can mess someone up by entering their dreams. BTW I was not dreaming with someone else, I was in control of the dream itself i had entered.

I have not done this. But I would think it is alright as long as you don't harm them. Better if you get their permission first before trying it as it is more ethical. Of course, in the case where they need help, you might just want to help them as they may not be in a position to give you their permission while they are dreaming.

Cheers!

8  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Strange dreams: intense light on: February 08, 2007, 19:15:00
No comments yet grin?

You may want to do a google on "Clear Light" (Meditation), or check it out on Wikipedia. It might help you to interpret your dream.

Karuna (Compassion)

9  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Heat....intense on: January 02, 2007, 07:51:12
I don't want to sound like an idiot, so I will do my best to explain this situation:

I noticed ever since my sophomore yr. of High School (College now) that every once and awhile I'll feel as though I have an extra lung. As if my lungs can take in extra air at times, it feels more potent as well. It feels like an electric current moving down my arms and then dwells in my palms. It is much different than the 'normal perception of psi'. I didn't realize how potent it was until (by accident) a friend touched my hand and drew it back saying it was "burning up". Does anyone know what this might be? It seems to originate in the solar plexus area. I can do it at will sometimes but it is very difficult.

Thanks so much for any responses!
-Revealer

Bokar Rinpoche (of Tibetan Buddhism) says that when one experiences intense heat, one is experiencing the Ultimate Nature of the Mind.

Perhaps this has something to do with Inner Heat Yoga (Tummo)?

Congratulations! It sounds like you have potential for a high level of attainment Smiley

10  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: sight behind closed eyes? on: November 18, 2006, 10:27:25
If it was a question, those of us that ap fairly often have experienced it, and it's called 'astral vision'.  You can use it to AP if it's clear enough.

You can? Could you kindly show me a link where I could read up on this? Or do you have an E-book on this technique?

Much appreciated.

11  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Don't try this meditation! on: November 17, 2006, 18:28:37
Just excellent Smiley. I had serious problems with depression for the most part of my life, and that was why I was looking into the metaphysics.Few months ago I found  an excellent book from which I learned how to deal with my problems and now I can honestly say that I am happy with my life. The name of the book is "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle, and in my opinion it's really worth reading. I have an electronic version of it, if anyone's interested.

That's great Smiley

Is it a large file?
12  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Don't try this meditation! on: November 15, 2006, 18:56:26
Can you tell us more about it, Daem0n? I think that you are right(but I figured it out too late), and I'd really like to know more about this "contamination".(what kind of problems you had, how did you deal with it, etc.). If you don't want to talk about it in the forums then please PM me.

Hi, how are things? You probably forgot who I am. Anyway, hope things are fine on your side Smiley

Karuna (Compassion)

13  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Opening 3rd Eye on: November 15, 2006, 18:53:58

Here is an interesting writing about different levels of 3rd eye:
http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/zfl_new_2.html

"Buddhists talk about the five powers: Flesh Vision, Divine Vision, Wisdom Vision, Law Vision, and Buddha Vision."

Third eye can be according to text "activated" by other entity so that the eye isn't actually open but we're seeing things through entity that is attached to us.. In healing case the entity in our back "heals" with it's hands while we think we're doing it.

Maybe those reiki masters are attaching those entitys to us?
It's not a real healing ability.

Hi, I haven't been surfing this forum for some time and I wasn't notified of this post due to my email settings.

Anyway, please be careful when reading about "Falun Dafa". They are reputed to be a cult, and they are certainly not recognized by any of the established/traditional Buddhist groups.

14  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: sight behind closed eyes? on: November 15, 2006, 18:45:41
I think many things are possible, but we do have to keep ourselves honest. We know the mind can play tricks so the test is, can what is seen be verified.

Thanks  smiley
15  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: sight behind closed eyes? on: November 15, 2006, 10:35:55
Even with our senses operating normally there are many things that we think we see that really are not there. This is how magicians tricks work and why witnesses to the same crime all report something different. Our minds are only partially connected to the real world and fill in the gaps in order to function. The more gaps there are the more fill in.

I have experienced this "sight behind close eyelids" too. Sentinal, I would like to hear what is your view about it, assuming it is not "filling in the gap" kind of thing. Is it a kind of HI (hypnographic --- spelling--- imagery)?

Thanks. Karuna (Compassion)
16  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: What Do You Think Orbs Are? on: November 15, 2006, 10:23:59
My belief is that orbs can be, at rare times, a supernatural manifestation. Almost a year ago I unintentionally photographed a multicoloured sphere of light that brought my attention to the subject. At that time I had no belief in these matters, thought that paranormal images were for fools, so I had to reconsider some possibilities.

The picture:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6678/1fi4.jpg
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/9052/2xf5.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4878/imagemfb1.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Amazing photo.  smiley

Btw, what happened to the threadstarter "earthbound". She is a "guest" now?Huh?

17  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: What Do You Think Orbs Are? on: November 07, 2006, 17:46:00
Hi I've done some searching on here and I see orbs are discussed quite a bit but what I would like to find out is what YOU think they are. I see them with the naked eye and as far as I know have never caught one on camera. I asked my doctor who told me they were 'floater' which I disagree with, partly because the name suggests they float when the ones I've seen have darted in direction and really don't 'float' at all.
So for anyone interested in the subject, it would be interesting to hear your explanations of what they are. I've heard many theories which sound like possibilities of these phenomena occuring.
All/any possible explanations welcome!!!

Love, light and blessings!!!

earthbound

Hi, you might want to refer to my post in this forum here (personal photos of contributors showing orbs included---including some pictures I took myself):

http://www.amulets.sg/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6362&start=0

I am not sure if you can access the forum without registering.

If you can't access the forum, I'll just post this here:

From Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_%28paranormal%29

Orb (paranormal)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Example of a Naturalistic Orb
Enlarge
Example of a Naturalistic Orb

Orbs is the popular name given to typically circular anomalies appearing in photographs. In photography and video, orbs appear to be balls, diamonds, or smears of light with an apparent size in the image ranging from a golfball to a basketball. Orbs sometimes appear to be in motion, leaving a trail behind them.

There are two main schools of thought regarding the cause of orbs in photographs. The first school sees it as a fairly clear-cut case of flash reflection off of dust, particles, insects, or moisture droplets in the air in front of the camera, i.e. they are naturalistic. The opposing school maintains that orbs are paranormal in nature, i.e. non-naturalistic.

While some people claim that orbs are more likely to appear in certain locales, or are attracted to human actitivities, especially those involving children. The images on the Internet fora devoted to orbs are taken in graveyards, backyards, attics, and kitchens, as well as bars, convention centers, and city streets in short, anywhere people may be taking photos.

As orb photos may demonstrably be gained anywhere, the position of "ghost hunters" who claim orb photos are more common in allegedly haunted areas is significantly weakened. That orb photos can be gained anywhere has, however, been adopted into the position of conspiracy theorists who maintain that orbs are probes/devices being used by an alien culture to monitor human activities.

Orb photos have become so common that some ghost-hunting organizations are no longer accepting submissions of them, or specifying that only "exceptional" examples be presented.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Naturalistic orbs
o 1.1 Solid orbs
o 1.2 Liquid orbs
* 2 Non-naturalistic orbs
* 3 External links

[edit] Naturalistic orbs

Naturalistic orbs are most commonly gained using digital cameras and built-in flash. While photographers with archives of photos report having occasionally seen "orbs" in their photos gained with film cameras, the recent rise in reports of orb photos may be directly related to the common availability of digital cameras and associated rise in the number of pictures taken.

It should be noted also that the size of the camera is another consideration in the recent proliferation of orb photos. As film cameras, and then digital cameras, have steadily shrunk in size, reports of "orbs" increased accordingly. As cameras became smaller, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash also shrank, decreasing the angle of reflection back into the lens.

There are a number of naturalistic causes for orbs in photography and videography.

* Solid orbs - Dry particulate matter such as dust, pollen, insects, etc.
* Liquid orbs - Droplets of liquid, usually water, e.g. rain.
* Foreign material on the camera lens
* Foreign material within the camera lens
* Foreign material within the camera body

[edit] Solid orbs

Examples of solid orbs.

Dust orb

Dust orbs

Thick charcoal dust

Charcoal dust floating in the air

How a solid orb is created.

A solid orb, or dust orb, is created because a reflective solid airborne particle, such as a dust particle, is situated near the camera lens and outside the depth of field, in other words out of focus. The pinpoint of light reflected from the dust particle that would be seen if it were at the hyperfocal distance, the distance from the film or charge-coupled device (CCD) to the object being photographed wherby the object is in focus as accurately as possible, grows into a circle of confusion with increasing distance from it.

[edit] Liquid orbs

Examples of liquid orbs.
Rain orbs, with the camera zoomed out
Enlarge
Rain orbs, with the camera zoomed out

Rain orbs, with the camera zoomed in
Enlarge
Rain orbs, with the camera zoomed in

Rain orbs with coma (tails) and chromatic aberration visible
Enlarge
Rain orbs with coma (tails) and chromatic aberration visible

Close up of an orb, clearly showing chromatic aberration and the cat's eye effect
Enlarge
Close up of an orb, clearly showing chromatic aberration and the cat's eye effect

How a liquid orb is created.

A liquid orb is created because a drop of liquid, most often a rain drop, is situated near the camera lens and outside the depth of field, in other words out of focus. The pinpoint of light reflected from the drop of liquid that would be seen if it were at the hyperfocal distance, the distance from the film or CCD to the object being photographed whereby the object is in focus as accurately as possible, grows into a circle of confusion with increasing distance from it. The appearance of the circle of confusion is modified by aberrations such as chromatic aberration or coma.

[edit] Non-naturalistic orbs

Spirit orbs are sometimes claimed to exist more densely around certain haunted regions, or to be the spirits of departed loved ones. These types of orbs are sometimes claimed to have faces, sometimes with discernable expressions and sometimes of recognizable persons. Some feel the size of an orb indicates how great of an impact a life force had in its lifetime.

Another view of spirit orbs holds that they are non-human spirits, with blue and red orbs symbolizing angels and the devil respectively. Another interpretation of colors in orbs is sex differentiation - blue for male spirits, and red for female.

Spirit orbs are also felt by some to be curious, friendly protectors, particularly of children. Belief in these "orb friends" is reminiscent of the belief in fairies in the early part of the twentieth century.

The paranormal belief in orbs is not so straightforward as those who believe that they are simply photographic artifacts. While an oft-encountered quote is "orbs are considered by some people to be the simplest and most common form of a disembodied spirit", this concept is not supported by all within the paranormal faction. There are those who maintain that the orbs are caused by:

* Ghosts/spirits
* Angels/guardian spirits
* Aliens
* "The Little People" - elves, pixies, fairies
* Interdimensional beings
* Humans from the future
* Hitherto unnoticed life forms

Even those "true believers" who steadfastly maintain that orbs are of paranormal origin are often forced to concede that dust may be the cause of most orb photos. A subset of these believers say that they can tell the difference between "dust orbs" and "real" (spirit) orbs, sometimes from a close examination of the image, other times because of how they felt or were acting at the moment the photo was taken. Some true believers say that the orbs respond to spoken requests to appear, move, or appear as different colors.

[edit] External links

* ASSAP ASSAP's website has several pages showing how various different 'types' of orb (coloured, oddly-shaped, bright, transparent, etc.) can readily be reproduced (includes diagrams and photos).

* Science of Orb Photos A scientific article on orb photos. A mathematical framework is given using holography theory.
Then everywhere is the land of gold, my child."
DarkMind
3rd Sergeant
3rd Sergeant

2616 Karma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:    Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
From Wikipedia Discussion page on paranormal orbs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Orb_%28paranormal%29

Talk:Orb (paranormal)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

I will get round to explaining some of the terms I've used in the pictures descriptions, coma, chromatic aberration etc. Or linking them to Wikipedia references (or doing both!). --Llamnuds 19:06, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)

Am I the only person to have encountered an orb, first with the naked eye? I would have been one of the first people to believe that photographic orbs are mainly caused by dust or water. However, I first encountered an orb (size of a baseball, blue in color) during a summer night electrical storm at home, with my naked eye. I was so astonished, curious as to what I saw, that's what sparked my curiosity, not the transparent entity usually seen in a photograph. Furthermore, orbs are not the only phenonema seen in photographs. I've seen one photograph, indoors, with what appeared to be snowflaked-shaped orbs, and one photograph of a fully 3D orb, floating in the air with a reflection of a nearby surface. I don't dispute your opinion or findings, but there's definitely a mystery to them, and something I wish I had the answers to. --Larry G 12:39, 31 Jan 2005 (UTC)

It sounds like you saw ball lightning, a rare and unusual event in itself. Something that most people don't see in a lifetime. But I don't believe ball lightning is related to the orbs that most people associate with the paranormal. The snowflake and 3d orbs sound fascinating. --Llamnuds 18:24, 31 Jan 2005 (UTC)

huh, i found this page by accident and i suprised that 'orbs' are only in photography. I sometimes see orbs with my naked eye. What this mean?

Me too, it was a while ago but the experience has stayed with me. Late one night I was watching TV in the dark and a ball of golden/silver light about 10cm across appeared just above the TV I did the normal thing? - froze and then did a double take; blinked to make sure I wasn't seeing things, checked I was still awake and just looked at it taking it in. It wasn't transparent or definately solid (more like liquid mercury - but with movement and light)and was glowing gently. I decided to share the experience with my boyfriend sleeping next to me, so I looked away for a second to reach out to him and it went. I've spent most of the evening trying to find someone else who actually saw one that wasn't in a photo! Has anyone else had a similar experience? I heard from someone there is a theory they are caused by static? I'd be interested if there are any good links or chats to join....

A large one off ball that floats like this could have been Ball lightning. However, multiple orbs seen with ones naked eyes could be a number of things, either something physiological, i.e. something in your eyes or brain that causes you to see these orbs. Or perhaps something psychological, i.e. it's generated by your mind, probably unconsciously. Whether this needs treatment in any way shape of form Im not qualified to say, but Id see an optician if it were me. There are numerous paranormal investigation groups that are spiritualists and Im sure theyd supply you with alternative reasons why you see these orbs. Try Googling for Kent Paranormal Group. --Llamnuds 00:08, 6 November 2005 (UTC)

I have actually seen an orb in my living room. I was about thirteen, and remember vividly listening to War Pig by Black Sabbath. When all of a sudden I saw a bright ball of light thravel into the living room, and just as I noticed it the ball it dissapeard behind a rocking chair that was ajacent to me in our living room. If anyone has any idea about wht I saw please contact me at somavibes@yahoo.com

[edit] Colours

it's oddly untraditional that in this article the colours mentioned are red for female and blue for male. In all classical literature and culture, it's always the other way around: blue for girls/heaven, red for boys/earth. For example, Mars, god of war, has red associated with him.NCartmell 20:14, 23 June 2006 (UTC)

I would like to point out that this article says nothing about the theory that orbs are simply balls of energy located everywhere. (It has been suggested that they can even form from electrical outlets and such) They aren't dust (the real ones anyway), and they aren't paranormal, but they may be USED by a spirit or entity to help manifest. This rationale seems a little more valid than the theory that an orb is an entity itself, since they can be captured anywhere, and under non-paranormal circumstances...What do you think?

The Great Know-it-all 13:14, 29 October 2006 (UTC)

--------------------------

Hope that helps  smiley
18  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Robert Bruce: I'm in serious trouble on: November 15, 2005, 19:36:54
Quote from: jo
Hi. I don't understand why everyone is over-reacting so strongly to Mr. F's. advice to NEED. It does not matter how wide the variety of advice is  to NEED, surely, i t must all be helpful. Although my entire heritage and upbringing has been  rooted deeply in spiritual and psychic practices, I have discovered that psychiatric illness can cause similar effects to possession and demonic influence.
   BECAUSE of my deep-rooted spiritual and psychic beliefs, I put my only sister Christine, through exorcism after exorcism and protection after protection by the best known mediums and exorcists in this country (Australia) , when she began exhibiting symptoms such as NEED  describes. This only caused more and more fear and trauma forChristine. After nothing worked, I finally...brokenheartedly !!!...  agreed to have her 'committed' for psychiatric treatment at a local hospital.
   After only a few weeks of treatment, she slowly began to return to her normal self. In the years to come, when she felt she no longer needed to be on her medication, she took herself off it and once again was plunged into the depths of despair, fear, terror and self mutilation. When she went back on to her medication she became a happy, laughing girl who painted stunningly beautiful paintings.
   During the years that my sister Christine was ill and in and out of hospital, I cared for my nephew, Joel. I was already caring for 3 children (one boy and two girls) alone. Joel  became my second son. In his teens, he began to exhibit similar symptoms to Christine. Eventually, to cut a very long story short, he too was diagnosed with schizophrenia. He eventually agreed to take medication, whereupon he grew and prospered like never before.
  Then, when he was nineteen, he met a self-proclaimed "wise" woman who told him it was wrong to listen to psychiatrists...wrong to take medication. This person convinced him that there was nothing wrong with him at all...that he was hearing "real" spirits talking to him...that he was a shaman and a genius. That he must go off his medication and listen to the guidance of his spirit guides. Joel did this.
   The "voices" told him he must kill himself to save the world. Joel lay down on a railway track and was decapitated by a train.
    This is not the end of the story. My sister, aged only 39, died 8 weeks later of a broken heart.
   And my beautiful son, who was at the peak of a successful  international acting career with a Logie to his name (Australia's equivalent to an Oscar)  inherited this illness, repeatedly cutting his own throat and wrists.
    Please remember that I was brought up in an active spiritual/psychic family...both my parents were mediums and healers...my uncle was a materialisation medium (the subject of a book written by my father in 1970 called "The Certainty of Eternity", published by The Hill of Conetent Publishing Company) .  
  I have lived and worked the spiritual ethos for 62 years....but I realise now, that there IS   such a thing as mental illness which  exhibits similar symptoms and phenomena as 'possession' . And the ONLY cure...in MANY cases...is psychiatric care and medication.Thanks. Jo Buchanan.

jo

I'm so sorry to hear about these experiences of yours.
19  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Seeing stars? (Sparkly vision) on: October 01, 2005, 17:53:50
Hi,

I think I myself have such experiences. At first I thought it may be a good thing. But now I am not so sure. I would like to share this post which was sent to me in another forum:

Floaters are normal, especially as we age. They are normally harmless and just a nusance. What may be a sign of trouble is a rapid increase in floaters.

DS

Eye Floaters and Spots
All About Vision: Floaters

By Judith Lee and Gretchyn Bailey;
reviewed by Dr. Vance Thompson

You may sometimes see small specks or clouds moving in your field of vision. They are called floaters. You can often see them when looking at a plain background, like a blank wall or blue sky. Floaters are actually tiny clumps of gel or cells inside the vitreous, the clear jelly-like fluid that fills the inside of your eye.

Floaters may look like specks, strands, webs or other shapes. Actually, what you are seeing are the shadows of floaters cast on the retina, the light-sensitive part of the eye.
Eye Floaters and Spots Symptoms and Signs

If a spot or shadowy shape passes in front of your field of vision or to the side, you are seeing a floater. Because they are inside your eye, they move with your eyes when you try to see them. You may also see flashes of light. These flashes occur more often in older people as the vitreous humor thickens and tugs on the light-sensitive retina. They may be a warning sign of a detached retina. Flashes also occur after a blow to the head, often called "seeing stars."
Spots and eye floaters.

Eye floaters and spots are usually harmless, but flashes of light may indicate a problem. If you're suddenly seeing spots, floaters or flashes, get an eye exam to make sure nothing's wrong.

Some people experience flashes of light that appear as jagged lines or "heat waves" in both eyes, often lasting 10-20 minutes. These types of flashes are usually caused by a spasm of blood vessels in the brain, which is called a migraine. If a headache follows the flashes, it is called a migraine headache. However, jagged lines or "heat waves" can occur without a headache. In this case, the light flashes are called an ophthalmic migraine, or a migraine without a headache.
What Causes Eye Floaters and Spots?

For most people, floaters occur as they grow older. The vitreous humor thickens and clumps as we age, and floaters result from the clumped vitreous gel. Sometimes pregnant women see spots caused by little bits of protein trapped within the eye. Eye injury or breakdown of the vitreous humor may also cause spots and floaters.

When people reach middle age, the vitreous gel may start to thicken or shrink, forming clumps or strands inside the eye. The vitreous gel pulls away from the back wall of the eye, causing a posterior vitreous detachment. It is a common cause of floaters, and it is more common for people who:
are nearsighted;

have undergone cataract operations;

have had YAG laser surgery of the eye;

have had inflammation inside the eye.

Treatment for Spots and Floaters

Most spots and eye floaters are merely annoying but harmless when they temporarily enter the field of vision, and many fade over time. People sometimes are interested in surgery to remove floaters, but doctors are willing to perform such surgery only in rare instances.
Suggested Articles

Cataracts: symptoms & treatment

Retinal detachment: what to do about it

If you suddenly see new floaters, or eye floaters accompanied by flashes of light or peripheral vision loss, it could indicate serious conditions such as diabetic retinopathy; vascular abnormalities such as retinal hemorrhages or carotid artery disease, or the beginning of a retinal detachment. The retina can tear if the shrinking vitreous gel pulls away from the wall of the eye. This sometimes causes a small amount of bleeding in the eye that may appear as new floaters. You should see your eye doctor immediately.

With regards,
DarkMind
20  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / possible to always see aura's? on: September 20, 2005, 21:15:47
Quote from: daem0n
the problem is that you may have some past contracts tuning in negs (also those you created),  if you manage to understand them, you shouldn't be bothered
also depression and similiar issues left unhealed make you suspectible to their influence, and being fed on
fortunately it is just "possible", and as James said, maintaining the open heart makes it all more difficult for them
well, you'll get what you are anyway Wink
cheers
dae m0n

Hi daemon,
u mean I could have accidentally created Negs? Are they some kind of Thought-forms?
21  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / possible to always see aura's? on: September 20, 2005, 21:14:36
Quote from: James S
Quote from: DarkMind

Thank you for your kind and educational post. I will do my best not to let the negativity of the modern materialistic and competitive world get me down.

You're welcome. Smiley

I posted on the weekend, then looked at your reply while at work and thought it ain't always easy staying positive in this world. My work environment's a constant reminder of this!

Oh well... we can but try. You'll do just fine DarkMind.

Many blessings,
James.

Thanks James  Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy
22  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / possible to always see aura's? on: September 20, 2005, 21:13:38
Quote from: Saint_
i can c a white think aroud my hands..but just a little bit

what is that??

Hi, I am kinda new myself......so probably not qualified to comment....but  I would say that is the aura, but u can't see it clearly yet.

You might like to try some links and do an internet search on how to see auras.

Personally, I think meditation can help, but I would not advise u to learn meditation without getting a proper teacher. Meditation has its dangers (eg: going insane, physical, mental, emotional breakdown). Actually, the goal of meditation is for a higher purpose, a spiritual purpose, and not to acquire powers such as seeing auras, otherwise, the risk is probably greater.

Hope that helps.

How old are u btw?
23  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / possible to always see aura's? on: September 17, 2005, 16:43:39
Quote from: James S
Hi again DarkMind,

The third eye  - the brow chakra - is the one energy centre of the body that is regarded as being responsible for psychic awareness, but it actually doesn't work alone. It is the energy centre directly linked to the mind that helps interpret the "signals" that we percieve as being from spirits, but psychic awareness makes use of all the bodies main energy centres or chakras. For instance, if your third eye is open, but your heart is closed, you won't be receptive to anything, or if you are, you'll tend to ignore it. A great deal of psychic development rest with learning to use your heart... in the emotional and intuitive sense. The third eye, more often than not, tends to open itself automatically when the heart is receptive, and your mind is calm.

Learning to "open up" your heart is the key to raising your energies to the higher levels that spirits work on. Keeping your energy levels up, working in "love & light", maintaining a positive outlook and not letting yourself get dragged down by negativity are the best ways to guarentee only ever dealing with the good spirits, and the best way of attracting the higher beings such as angels and devas into your life.

Don't worry that what you might see could be negative or lower entities. Mediums only see spirits as the spirits themselves want to be seen - as their perfect selves. It's the people that deliberately work with a dark heart, and dark emotions and dark intentions that tend to attract the nastier kind.

Blessings,
James.

Thank you for your kind and educational post. I will do my best not to let the negativity of the modern materialistic and competitive world get me down.

When and if I am ready to attempt to open my 3rd Eye/Divine Eye, I will look forward to your advice and guidance Smiley

With Loving-Kindness (Metta),
DarkMind
24  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Auric Sight on: September 17, 2005, 12:11:22
Quote from: greatoutdoors
Darkmind,

An interesting point is the colors you see: blue and yellow. When looking at my hand against a dark background I see a rich violet/purple and against a light background I see a blue about the shade of this form's background -- light turquoise.

I don't know if this is actually an aura or if it might just be a reflection of our energy.

Hey, I tried looking at it against a light and dark background also. For me, there is a yellowish glow against a light background. Against a dark background, it is a blue tinge.
25  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Opening 3rd Eye on: September 16, 2005, 23:21:26
Hi all,

since my post is so far back in the topic, it will probably be missed. (I hope the moderators don't mind I start another thread on this, perhaps in the future?)

Personally, I would suggest that people ought be to aware of the risks associated with doing anything to open the 3rd Eye. Once people are aware of the risks and they still want to do it, at least, they have been warned.

From what I understand, (will those experienced ones out there please correct me?) I make a distinction between the yin-yang eye and the Divine Eye (what the "3rd Eye" means depends on your own terminology).

Yin-yang eye: can only see lower-plane entities (ghosts, demons, and other negative plane entities)

Divine Eye: can see beings from all dimensions (besides seeing everything that the 3rd eye can see, the Divine Eye can also see higher-level entities such as devas/angels).

Can anyone will direct personal experience correct me if I am wrong? Thanks. I consider myself a newbie and I don't claim to know for sure about such things.
Pages: [1] 2