The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2017, 00:07:25

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 27, 2017, 16:20:16
Last night I went to bed with no intention of an experience.  Had a very vivid dream but wasn't lucid.  Woke up without moving much with vibrations all over my body.  Closed my eyes and instantaneously saw a landscape like train tracks, in vivid light greens and yellows.  I was moving down the tracks and completely conscious, had absolutely no body sensations.  I then decided I wanted color vision and had a beautiful landscape of purple and reds which were very vivid fill my vision.  It was very surreal.  Im not quite sure what to make of it.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 25, 2017, 16:17:59
Absolutely fun!  Doing more reflecting on the situation I can really get a sense of what works for me personally.  I start with focusing on progressive relaxation, finishing on my eyes.  At that point I focus on my hearing waiting for the light feeling in my arms.  Then I simply let my body and attention drift.  At some point it's literally feel like I forget I have eyes, ears ect and there is a very distinctly click or pop.  I haven't really been able to put my finger on it but it's very noticeable.  The less I try the further it get it seems.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 24, 2017, 23:21:40
This is going to be short but just wanted to document an exciting experience.  I started by closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing.  I'm going deeper and deeper, slightly noticing and fixing slight tensing.  I'm sitting in a hotel armchair this time instead of my standard go-to...a bed.  I feel the "void" again, after progressive relaxation however this time I can smell...only it's "nothing".  I acknowledge this and try to relax deeper.  After awhile longer I notice I can't feel my energy vibrating in my arms and feet anymore and proceed to focus solely on relaxing more.  A few moments later and I feel what I can only describe as a click.  My vision goes from the standard blackness to a starburst purple and green shape progressing sequencially towards me.  At the same time I get an immense feeling of forwards movement.  The star pattern is coming faster and faster and I opened my eyes after this.  It was the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Even after this I can feel vibrations swirling around my temples and between my forehead.

Just thought I'd share!
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 19, 2017, 12:23:09
Lumaza,

Thanks for the links.  I have read the thread on the eye problem, and have purchased a mask.  I used to use a towel so hopefully the mask is better.

My meditation is only 30 minutes, right after work.  This is 2-3 hours prior to my attempts.  It's suprisingly where I get the furthest, as I suspect it's when I'm not trying.

I have incorporated your door visualization technique.  While I haven't visualized a door as I would have expected I have gotten snapshot images of dark holes and doorframes which lead me to all sorts of abstract motion images. 

My dream recall is getting much better.  I can remember a dream from the night before, and I can't remember ever doing so for the past 10 years or so.  It's happened every night this week. 

I'll search for the threads from the times you referenced as being highly valuable.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 19, 2017, 02:16:46
Interesting points brought up.  I've attempted to AP and had separate meditation sessions everyday since my last post.  Not very much in the way most would see as progress, but I have some observations and a couple questions.

Observations:
1.  Every attempt is slightly different in sensations and visual images.  I barely get vibrations at all past a slight numb feeling.

2.  Meditating 2-3 hours before my attempts seem to drop me into this void state much quicker.

3.  A byproduct of my attempts and meditations have completely quieted my mind throughout the day.  I also have much more mild reactions to stressful situations.  (Gotta love random adrenaline kicks, military related)

4.  During very mild upward movements after void state my right eye always opens ruining the process...it's quite aggravating.

5.  Binaural beats are amazing for meditation, but as far as for astral projection I'm still skeptical, it gets me the signposts but I really get no further than a few visuals.  I think I'll just use them to meditate.  I've been using Multidimensional Man binaural beats that he has posted on his site.

6.  Listening to the ring in my ears and consciously changing the pitch and tempo seems to get me the furthest.
Question:

1.  I seem to be very hung up on the separation during conscious OBE's...What exactly does this feel like to move your energy body/astral body?  Does it actually feel like your body is moving during separation?

As always appreciate the comments so far.  It's always nice to get everyone's experiences.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 13, 2017, 03:03:19
Interesting discovery.  My girlfriend and I we're laying down tonight and I had the worst of conditions.  Our daughter, our dog, and my girlfriend moving every now and again in bed.  The TV was loud so I slapped on a binural beat track. 

Within 7 minutes I was hitting a void state, my body I didn't notice, and I began seeing images.  I felt the lead blanket sensation but couldn't pay much attention to it, I was so wrapped up in the track.  I began seeing stars form and I began seeing and feeling movement.  I knew I had vibrations...but I didn't care, I was so into the track.  At that moment I was snapped back into consciousness by my girlfriend shaking me, saying I was snoring.

We had a laugh about it...then I asked her to try.  I just told her to relax.  I gave her the beats for 15 minutes and covered her face with a towel. She claimed she couldn't tell if her eyes were open and that she could see the fan spinning and my head....thing is she was blinded by the blindfold...this was 13-14 minutes in.

Now this brought about 2 epiphanies.

1.  I lost the long standing argument that I don't snore.

2.  Audio sensory input seems to be my preferred method of focus to disassociate from my body.  Also my girlfriend is interested.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 12, 2017, 22:44:35
Thank you for the information Thaomas.  I realize I didn't give my intent.  My intent behind striving to Astral Project is mainly for knowledge.  There are massive gaps in information on our purpose, why we are here, what we can do to better ourselves.  Most personal development I've practiced has been hollow.  Most gurus create an almost cult-like atmosphere and do not like challenged on beliefs ect.  I love pushing boundaries and exploring new ideas.

I think the biggest pull for me is exploring myself.  We spend alot of time in our lives shutting our minds off and resting.  Even awake I've caught myself shutting down and my focus lost. While rest is vital, I think I can use some of that time to develop myself, my knowledge, and form much stronger convictions and beliefs.  I already have noticed my mind is much less cluttered throughout the day, my mood is much better,  and I seem much more clear headed. 

I will definitely start researching lucid dreaming.  I've already begun a dream journal to improve recall, which I naturally assumed would improve remembering OBE experiences.

Thanks so much for the information, I'm glad I found a place with people I can relate with.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / DevilDogDogma's Experiences on: October 12, 2017, 19:29:38
Greetings all!

I'm new to the forum and figured I'd introduce myself and share a couple of experiences I've had at attempting an OBE.  I'm 29 and have had a strong sense of curiosity about alot of topics which I devour tons of information on after work.  I had a surreal experience in the Marines during combat in Afghanistan, the details aren't important but it started me on my Journey to learn about the afterlife.  Needless to say standard references in theology left me unsatisfied, but soon after  I came across astral projection.  Something hit home and I've been reading all about it ever since.

I've recently just begun to try inducing an OBE, and have crossed some milestones.  My very first attempt I distinctly remember relaxing my body and after 30 minutes my heart began pounding, my body was sweating and I felt a strong rising sensation.  The only thing I was doing was concentrating on relaxing.  The rush upwards feels like when you drive too fast and your core kinda feels that pleasant tickle.  It became too much for me to handle, my heart beating violently and the sensation growing.  I came back to consciousness feeling like I was just riding a roller coaster.

My second attempt the sensations died down at it's peak, my body felt light, noticed my heart rate pickup but became bearable.  I also noticed what the darkness was doing at the switch.  I noticed my vision in the darkness became lifelike...that's the only way I know how to put it.  The very moment I felt the conscious switch was like I zoomed a camera in...like I pulled my dark background around myself.  At this point in time id get slight colorful shapes in my sight.  Sometime while I was experiencing this I heard a male voice say my name.  That became too exciting and I snapped back to consciousness.

My next attempts for a full week were all pretty dull.  I can easily reach that void state of consciousness but nothing further.  I did get the lead blanket feeling and it felt like tiny hands were pushing into my face...but almost through it.  It almost feels like what I'd imagine bubble wrap would feel when popped, if that makes sense. 

I have noticed on most of my experiences my right eye tends to want to open.  I notice it most right as my lifting sensations begin sometime after the void state is achieved.  Doing Abit of contemplating I noticed I'm paying too much attention to the signs and not focusing on my technique itself.  This break in attention back to my body is holding me back and I think my eye problem is my fear of not seeing what I'm experiencing.  This happens with or without a blindfold.

Pros:. Can easily achieve a "void state"
Peak of experience/sensations right at 30 minutes
Repeatable back to back same night, which I believe is attributed to focus.

Cons: Right eye block, most likely fear of not seeing experience.
I lose focus during certain sensations.

I will try to forget my experiences and go back at it with a fresh mind/beginner mind.  It says something that my extreme lifting sensation happened my first time without reference.  If I can get there and calmly ride the sensation. I think I will get much further.

Sorry for the book everyone, but this is my thought process so far.  Any comments or advice is appreciated.
Pages: [1]