The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2021, 06:24:10

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
151  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / mantra meditation on: May 05, 2002, 11:33:53
Yeah ashfo, lol, you have a point there!
But, hey- Iīm not doing it anyway!

Or.. actually.. when out walking among people, itīs ok to
say the words quite inside. Thatīs what I do!

But hey, try it out on next time you go to the supermarket, and
se what effect you get! ( and,yes pleas, do speak the words
out loud!  better yet, vibrate the words through  the whole body, as if you where performing a pentagram ritaul!!)

Fenris, I really think that one shuld vibrate the words! It would be no point i just saying aum.. it has to be vibrated!  Other mantras are probably harder to vibrate.. like the hare krishna one..  so I guess it might be a case to case knid of thing!  ... or, no.. thinking about it, the hare krishna mantra should not be vibrated.. but recited pretty fast!

bless ya !

felix

-- Love is the Law - Love under Will --
152  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Evning habits on: May 05, 2002, 11:16:59
Hi Ashfo!

I can recomende the best online store I know when it comes to ambient-
www.hypnos.com    (both lable and store.. and they have a great forum too! I am there under my same name as here! If you have any questions on ambient, people will love to give you answers there!)

Some good artists? It depends on what you looking for!
If you whant music that is ethnic and has kind of an organic cermonail feeling to it, the Robert Rich, Steve Roch and Jorge Reyes are good pics.
Klaus wiese doese wery good ambient with tibetan singing bowle, but that
is WERY deep stuf- I love it, but Iīm not sure everybody would.  
you can find Wiese sound clips on www.cdnow.com

I suggest that you take a look at the hypnos page, and then perhaps writ a post an the hypnos forum... and youīl be sure to get tons of replies!

Felix

153  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Bald? on: May 05, 2002, 06:21:29
Lately I have had the madest desire to cut my hair relly short, I almoust bought on of those clippers the other day. I have started to feel that getting rid of the hair would do me good spiritually! I donīt know if this is a true thing, or if itīs just a whim..  But It really feels like getting the hair down to a few milimeters would do wounders for my spiritual life. But then I donīt know how beautiful it would be... and if it really would help.

Felix

154  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / The AstralPulse if flat lining... on: May 05, 2002, 06:11:05
I have to say that the forum has been wery quiet the last week/weeks!!
A bit sad, but Im guess it is just like the ocean withn itīs ebb and flow!

Felix

155  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Help with meditation on: May 05, 2002, 06:06:47
I think you should be happy that you can go for as loong as 45 minutes!
I know I usually canīt go for more than 25-30 minutes.. but then again i sitt cross legede. But I guess just try to ignore the pain as loong as you can, it might dissapeare after a while again.

Felix

156  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Evning habits on: May 03, 2002, 18:15:10
Hm.. I guess I should clarify myselfe about the "music" ... the stuff
i listen to in the eavnings when enjoying the darkness is not the kind of tihng that most people would think of when the word music is mentioned..

Ambient is just slow drifting textures.. slow drifting sound scapes, not at al as anything that comes close to ordinary music.. so itīs more just like some kind of blanket of sound that really enchants the atmosphere...
slow moving subtle drons and some sampled nature sounds or ethnic flutes or sometimes drums..
Listening to ordenary music would probaly be quite different.
But real ambient creats a perfect environment for spiritual activity and meditation..

157  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / mantra meditation on: May 03, 2002, 17:00:36
Hi mate!

Reciting a good mantra really works!
Itīs wery good for falling into trance- (or falling
unconsious if you donīt manage to squees in some
breathing.... lol! )

I actually think that it is esential to say the mantra out loud to get
a really good effect- but then again, itīs probably wery individual!

Felix

158  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / CD Copy Protection on: May 03, 2002, 16:55:47
Well, actually sweden is one of the worlds most "computer frequent" countries.. and we do use our cd-roms to listen to music cds too!

I know people who only have one cd player- the one in the computer...

Someone selling dvd players said that playing cdrs in the dvd might destroy it.
Can this really be true? (because the dvd has a more sensitive laser, or soemthing like that..)

Felix

159  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / CD Copy Protection on: May 03, 2002, 04:57:57
And here in good old europe we always here that it is YOU guys who have those horrble new things going on..
Come to europ and copy the hell out of your pants mate!

No problem here yet.. but who knows what they are cocking up for us?

Felix

160  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / My Black Humor on: May 03, 2002, 04:53:33
I wahnt to be dumped in the ocean or fead to the birds...

Or do I really whant this??

161  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / To all of you parents first of all... on: May 02, 2002, 18:28:34
Hi mate! just to stray FAR away from the subject (as always..)
Iīve sent you a mail on your hotmail..

Tatta!

Felix

162  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Screen Names on: May 02, 2002, 15:33:30
I have always wonderd about your name David- fun to get an answer!

Well, I have called myselfe Distant bell for quite a while on the net.
I originally came up with the idea when I used to hang on an daoistic
forum.. I wanted a name that fitted my two main interests... religion/spirituality, and wierd slow moving ambient music.
So I got this image in my head of a monastery (probably eastern) lying
on some clouded hill top in the fog in the distance.. And I could almoust hear the sound of the monastery bells chiming through the fog... and I loved this image so much! So I tried to sumarise it up in my name..
So I guess one could say that the name came to me through my subconsious...
I really love it- I hope that it gives that kind of feeling to people who see it-
.. but it could probably be interpreted in different ways to...

so now you know..

Felix

163  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uni on: May 01, 2002, 15:33:30
Justine-
we have actually had very few essays to write, the whole first year was mainly those kind of big tests where you sitt and write in a big hal ( is that called exame?)  I think you should go fór it if you relly are interested in it!
But then again, it will probably only give you something personaly, for after all few emplyers apriciate the an exmae in religion...

Richard!! My man! Yes, yes, yes!  Letīs start a "monastery" , a place for occult studies. I have actually always dreamd about that. Of course it should be a modern monastery, not one of those old prisons that the big religins have. If people whant to live poor and chaste, thatīs fine, and if people choose not to to live in celebacy and poverty thatīs fine too!

I hate rules!

Imagine to live in a collective/monastery/abbey with other like minded people who also are free thinking and totaly dedicated to occult studys!
Wouldnīt that be great?

Of course there would have to be a few house rules, but just the most
necessary .. something like " keep peacefull and respect your brothers and sisters in the abbey of Felix and Richard"

That would be SO cool!

Felix

-Do waht thou wilt shall be the whole of the law-

164  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / synchronicity on: May 01, 2002, 15:19:08
David-

"So as with most things it is all in what you read into it."

No. I donīt think that anybody beliving in the phenomenon of
synchronicity would agree on that. They would say that it
is a real phenomenon- that the things actually show themselfe
for the purpuess  of givning you information, that it works through
the intuitive part of the mind.. of course you could stil choose to
ignore it- You can choose to ignore the traffic light too of course!
But that would be just plain stupid I guess...

But point is this- in some mysticall way you actually are in a tight
webb/ mesh with al around you, and thus with your thoughts atract
things around you.. and so the synchronistic fenomenon arises from
this interconecctedness with the things around.

Of course that is what the people whoe belive in it says...
I think there is a realy danger in going around and looking for
these events- some people really se omens in everything!

I personally belive in it to soem extent. At least the subconsiouss
has the possibility to give information by interpretationg the things
around oneselfe with the symoblic language- but then again, this
could be done through dreams to.

But, yeah I belive in synchronistic happenings, but I really donīt
go around looking for them.

Bless ya!

Felix

165  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A-holes on: May 01, 2002, 15:07:02
Hi Mate!

Yeah sure we swedes have our good sides to!

I actually hardly ever buy alcohol in the liquer store either.. I hardly
ever drink, and when I drink itīs usually only "folkol" ( the light
beer sold in the super market, only has 2,8%)

But still, even if I hardly drink any strong stuff, I still
consider it my right to be able to buy it in the supermarket!!
Some evnings I get a strong craving for a Guiness.. (man
that beer rules!) and it would be good just to be able to walk
down to ICA and buy a bottle!

I have actually thought about leaving sweden because of
this law mentality...  everything is forbidden.. not that
it really is a problem for me since I use neither much alcohol nor
drugs- but still, itīs the principal ! I want to be treated like an adult!

so you looked at soccer?? really? are you a sports fan?
I saw some wierd movie on z-tv....

Felix

166  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / fundamentalism on: May 01, 2002, 14:54:58
I agree with you al! I think that there is no personal god in the sense of the christian belife. I think that there is a force though- more or less impersonal that we can get intouch with.. or rather that we are part of.

The godess  Nuit is the best one for describing god.
Nuit is the arched sky over us.. She is unlimited possibility..
and we are stars shining in her body.
Hadit is the complementary god to the godess Nuit-
Hadit is energy in the moment, the realisation of possibility.
He is a winged globe of fire burning within us..

Oh these gods are so beautifull!

yeah, most religious systems are built like moral and health codes.. and probably wery good for the time when they where invented..
There are some musilms that brush there teeth with a pice of speciall wood, because it says that one should do this in the holy book.. hey that thought was good in the 600th century- but hey, now we have toothbrushes!

Felix

167  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / synchronicity on: May 01, 2002, 08:58:02
Synchronisity- well it is when things happen in a way that is beyond coincidence.. or to many coinciedences to be coincidenc!

Some belive that this kind of things can help to show you that what you are doing is the right thing, that you are "on to soemthing big".
If you think about something, for example -should I take this new job?-
and then something happens that gives you a answer to the question.
Perhaps some old friend you havnīt talked to in a loong time phones you and starts talking about things concerning the the area of the job you think about..
or perhaps you stumble into a book about that kind of profession out of pure accident.. or soemthing else happens that in a strange way indicates that it is the right thing to do to take the new job.

The point is this, the synchronistic things that happen can help to indicate if a thing is right or not, or just give a maigcal toucht to life. It is said that many times people on the magical path just stumble over the things they need in exactly the right moment. It might be people or books or whatever.

If one learns to look for these things in everyday life, they are supposed to
become more frequent. They are like a form of intuition. or rather - you
use your intuition to get them. You might even use prayer I guess, and get your answer in the form of some thing that happens that has a great importance to you- that at once gives you an anwser to your question.

The thing that happens to you might seem trivial to others, but as long as it is in conformity with your symbolic language itīs the only  thing that matters.
If it has a great meaning to you, and in some way gives you a hunch about your current life situation

Dose this mad uniteligable mad babble make any sense? -
If not I will try to write a new clearer post on the subject.

Felix

168  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A-holes on: May 01, 2002, 07:41:13
Yeah Richard, I fully agree!
'
Sweden has a lot of good sides, but sadly the mentality
is not on of them. Itīs really like Richard says, donīt think
that you are someone!  Donīt think that you have a right to
exercise your free wil!!

The strangest thing si that the swedes seem to LOVE every
new law invented by the mentaly disturbed government.

In sweden we have speciall liquer stores- not like in america where
there are different liquer stores.. but here in sweden there is just
on- and that one is run by the government.. This means that there
is no room at al for any kind free market - and I tell you this
, it shows on the prices..

In al other europen countries one can go down to the local
super market and by a bottle of vine or some beer, but not
in sweden!! Here you have to go to one of the "system bolag"
that we have... those special stores.

The argument is that people couldnīt handle having acces to
alcohol in the super market- WHAT THE bonk???
Stop treating us like children!!! All other adult europeans can handle
it!  So why not we ?  Man, this pisses me of! And this is not
the only bissar thing in this country...

Did you have a nice Valborg Richard? I was home reading Smiley

Felix

169  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / A-holes on: May 01, 2002, 04:54:13
Hi cervo-15!

Yeah, the thought about actually performing a full scale pentagream ritula to exorcise im came to my mind.. that would have been a quite jolly seen I guess..

BTW- good damn this country is wel organised!!  It can alomust make one sick sometimes, thereīs just a law for every occation.

Felix

170  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Qui Ging- why and how? on: May 01, 2002, 04:47:21
Hi Tia !

Yeah, the idea about the accupoints is the one that usually is used to explan the movements in qi gong.. I would just like to know how the relationship between the accupoints and the physiacal body works. After all if there is a conection between the bodily movements and the accupoints then many movements we do could be benifficial- like stretching, walking etc. etc.
And perhaps it would be possible to create new exersices that are even more effective than the old ones locked in religious ideas.

Felix

171  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Tangible Entities? on: May 01, 2002, 04:37:08
Thank you for a wery interesting post Robert!
When it comes to UFOs I have always belived that
thy might come from another plane of existens rather
then anoother planet.. But who knows.

Al the best!

Felix

172  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Tangible Entities? on: April 30, 2002, 06:44:57
After surfing the net on SAI BABA- I found out that there actaully seem to be more then one SAI BABA- The guy I was thinking about is a bit younger with big curly loong hair, always dressed in a bright coloured robe, who gathers big crowds of westerners in india..
Now I found another site www.saibaba.org--
And to my surprise there was another man, an old indian with short white
beard- not the same on I was talking about.

I guess we might actually have been talking about different Sai Babas..
It has come to my mind that Sai Baba actaully might be a title- not a name
as I suposed.

Pleas Adrain- check up www.saibaba.org, and tell me if this is the Sai Baba you and Robert Bruce talk about- Because in that case itīs not the same guy as I was thinking about..

The Sai baba I have been talking about is this one  www.saibabaexpose.com

Bless ya!

Felix

173  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Uni on: April 30, 2002, 03:29:06
Hi Richard!

well, sounds good to me!
but letīs use mountain bikes instead of cars for the realxicab...
That has to be a hit!

Tatta!

174  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Drinking/ nightlife habits on: April 30, 2002, 03:25:38
Hi mate!

I have to say that I really agree with your wievs on drugs. It is dangerous to go to one polarity and say that it is either al bad or al good, for after al Itīs al a matter of how the stuff is used..

Well, for my personal case I guess drugs just donīt work..
I was quite inspired by you and drank some beers some days
ago, and then next day in the gym- I was like half dead- had to brake
of my workout- and that was not so good.
But this is ofcourse because I have choosen to go after a life of sports, exercise and meditation. If I wouldnīt have done that I guess It would have been different.

I have actually given pot a try three different times, and after three bad paranoid horror trips, sadly I had to give it up- Itīs good for some but not for me. I guess most drugs are like that.

So the other night I tried to drink again( I had a resting day next day- so it wouldnīt collide with the gym..) and next morning I woke upp with a thik cold..
Coincidense? Or perhaps the bodys way of telling me to stay of alcohol ?
I dunno.. And here I sitt, my throat aching as hell...

Hey, Iīm not really a goth- but I do have soem goth aspects in me- but do not expect me to run around in a black leather jacket with wild black hair...
I dress like a real snobb actually...  But someyears back I guess I was soemthing like a goth.. well, well, we ale have  a past!
But music sur is one powerfull thing!

Bless ya!

Felix

175  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Qui Ging- why and how? on: April 30, 2002, 03:04:25
No, I dontīt want to disregard 5000 years of tradition either, Itīs
rather that I would like to understand it.

The point is this, Qui Gong might have some good effect from the slow
movements, see it as a form af easy gymnastic and streching.. and then thee effect on the mind might be good to. But I have the suspicion that the greater part of the benefits actually come from the meditative state of mind... after all a qui ging session usually lasts some hour.. and an hour of meditation probably dose wonders!

The interesting thing is thet there are so many differnt kinds of movemets, that one starts to think that how you move perhaps is not si importatnt- but rather that you achive the right set of mind.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11