The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 09, 2020, 13:24:50

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
51  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / I had like.. 10 LDs in one night. on: August 21, 2011, 18:12:58
They were rather dull, however... Perhaps one was an astral awareness experience? idk. Anyways, I've gotten in the habit of pinching myself whenever something feels even remotely off. I attended a concert last night, and I pinched there, because I couldn't believe I was seeing MCR. grin

Anyways, that's about all I have for now.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

-Don
52  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Two lucid dreams. on: August 17, 2011, 09:23:59
...Yeah?
53  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Two lucid dreams. on: August 17, 2011, 04:06:30
Lol... yep!
54  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Two lucid dreams. on: August 16, 2011, 17:59:58
I just woke up from my second lucid dream of the night / morning. The first one was,  well.. It was  boring. I got to the point of trying to stay aware that I woke up. But the second one was amazing. I was flying over my ex - girlfriend's house, and I landed and said "Hi" to her sister. She was amazed at my flying skills. I told her to come fly with me, and then we both jumped about one hundred feet in the air, and then I woke up.

I love my brain. grin

-Don
55  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / The Past's Pull on: August 09, 2011, 13:01:14
It's always listening to you. It's ready to tug at your heart when you least expect it. People say to forget the past, and to move on. Meanwhile, time goes by while you contemplate the potential downfalls of letting things go. The past made you who you are. If one simply forgets it and moves on, and hops aboard the steadily moving life train, there will always be the subconscious urge to return to your special place, the one where you fit in, and belong. The place where you felt loved, and loved others. If you're a black and white thinker (such as myself), moderation is more than likely out of the question. The thing is, though, will pessimism be left behind as well? Does one always only carry their bad parts in order to remain the concept of "human"?

These are the lyrics of one of my favorite songs, which I feel can fit well in this post.

Seems like, you're hanging on to the past too long...

She's gone, time to move on, life is passing you by...

Close your eyes, say goodnight, it's time to say goodbye...

To, you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time I hear that part of the song I remember my past and nearly break down crying.

Not that my past was bad, just that it was better than life now.

That's all I have for now.

-Don
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Keep hearing a buzzing saw sound as I fall asleep. on: August 01, 2011, 19:11:32
It soothes me for some reason.

I've attempted to recreate the sound with synthesizers... I have a link to the mp3 here:

http://www.box.net/shared/xdmspr58raj632mml7fu

Tell me what you think this could be.

Thanks,

-Don
57  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / A very odd reoccurance in each of my recent dreams on: July 30, 2011, 21:14:43
So... for some reason, for the last week or so, my left knee has been tensing up and dislocating itself. I wouldn't call it it painful, but it is definitely very unpleasant. The feeling of my kneecap being out of place is so strong that it follows me into wakefulness. It lasts for about 2 minutes after awakening, and it is highly unpleasant. Here comes the weird part : If this is happening to me, and It happens as I'm waking up, why can't I do it after I've awoken? I've never been able to tense up my knee muscles. I can still feel how the muscles have stretched and worked while I slept. Why could this be happening?

Thanks,

-Don

P.s - I don't know if it really slides out of place, but in my dream I can see my knee all mangled underneath the skin. All I know is that it's really really weird feeling.
58  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: I don't know what to call this. on: July 29, 2011, 15:04:24
What exactly do you mean by "An astral awareness experience"?

I'm interested in learning more about these.
59  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: I don't know what to call this. on: July 29, 2011, 13:16:07
Oh really?

Hmm... I've been much more aware in other dreams. This one i was actually quite dull and boring, but interesting nonetheless. I was intrigued to go outside and explore the world more, but I didn't have the energy.

Now that I think about it, there were no other characters in this dream. It was just me. And I was alone in the world at night.... and it was lovely.
60  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / I don't know what to call this. on: July 29, 2011, 11:52:46
I was aware that I was dreaming, yet things were different. It didn't feel like a dream... I tried calling out "MORE CLARITY PLEASE" or "More clarity NOW", but to no avail. In my dream (or whatever), I first became aware when I was moon-jumping in my living room. The weird part was, it seemed just like my normal living room. We actually call it the family room, but w/e. The main downstairs room with the tv in it. It wasn't dreamlike at all. It was just my normal, standard family room. The tv was off and the eyeball lights (at least thats what I call em, cuz they're in the ceiling and look like they have eyelids, cuz of the shades that angle the light at the fireplace) were on. I went through the back door, or at least tried to. It was quite difficult and awkward. This was the point when I tried calling "MORE CLARITY (please / now)". I saw the moon and then everything started swirling and I was back in my bed. During this, I had a moderate sense of every emotion, including fear. I conquered it easily by thinking of good things. This dream was really, really weird in the sense that it was so quiet and dark, and everything wasn't different than it is in real life. Again, everything in the house was the same.

....Now that I think of it, I can remember something. I got up out of bed and went downstairs. I forget how. But then I remember moon-jumping. It woke me up a little, and then I was semi-lucid. I don't know what this was. It was very tiring, though.

What do you think if this?

Thanks,

-Don
61  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Not sure where to post this. Scents that invoke emotion, sounds on: July 28, 2011, 02:00:03
I don't know if any of you are as equally affected by certain smells as I am. Some scents (such as that of method hand soap) invoke strong emotions within me. I can smell something and get lost in it's "story" - By which I mean the reason why I enjoy it. Scents have always had that subliminal meaning, because my subconscious would pick up on them, and once re-introduced to them in the future, will lay a temporary canvas over me in which I can feel, see, and hear everything that was going on at that time. Some of these scents include:

TAG body spray - .... I used to wear it occasionally in the 6th grade, and therefore it reminds me of the dances our school would have.

Calvin Klein Euphoria - Reminds me of the first time I went to see the trans siberian orchestra, because I was wearing it. (btw, these examples are not meant to advertise.)

Swimming pools : Because I spent most of my childhood swimming.

That smell after it rains in the spring: Because I got my first video game system (Sega dreamcast) in the spring, and I am now a gamer. sorta. lol.

The smell of winter that smells almost like burning leaves, but not quite. I had depression once and once I began recovering, it was winter time. Thus, winter time makes me feel the "sad" kind of happy.

My Grandfather's old coat, because he has passed, but I can still feel him when I smell smokey clothes and speed stick.

The inside of my dad's car, because I used to take that car to and from my favorite aquarium store, which has unfortunately closed down.

And, last but not least, the smell of a stove which has just been lit, so the fresh propane makes that one smell that reminds me of my best friend's house.

Smells and sounds always did a lot with me. In my mind, beauty is actually in the ear of the beholder.

I was always moved by music. It has always been a part of me. I hear it, I write it, I love it, others love it, I feel good spreading the love. Cheesy

Some certain songs also play a major role in my life...

Dire dire docks from super mario 64, because it's just peaceful.

(this next one's a little different for a rock-lover like me) Beautiful girls / stand by me, because it was the first time I'd heard that chord progression.

Nearer my God to thee: from the sinking scene in titanic

That's all I have for now i g2g do some stuff reply with whatevers...

-Don
62  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Third eye expanding/test for expansion? on: July 25, 2011, 15:55:49
I know what you mean. For some reason, I can feel things before I physically make contact with them. This occurs mainly with my fingers, but sometimes if I have a light (like a lamp) on the back-left side of me, I will feel this odd force pulling and pushing on my left temple. Or right, if the scenario is correct. Or in the middle of the forehead.
63  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Not too sure where to post this, I think I've found my way out! on: July 25, 2011, 15:50:10
Okay, so as many of you may know, I've been trying to project for about a year now. I have been having a thought about when I was young, after my brief period of hundreds of lucid dreams had ceased, I was drawn, as if by instinct, to a higher, more complex practice. I don't know if this was the act of projection or not. I told myself that I would lay absolutely still and focus on awareness for as long as possible. I failed a few times. I vaguely remember buzzing feelings. More recently, I've discovered something. I have this really, really high pitched ringing in my ears (or my mind's ears?) that I can focus on. It drowns out everything else for a short period of time. With practice, I've been able to extend this period of silence to about one-and-a-half seconds. I was wondering what this ringing could be? It seems not so much like a ringing, but rather a frequency. It's been with me since I was born, and other people can't seem to understand what I'm talking about when I attempt to explain it.

What do you think about this?

-Don
64  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: a dream inside a dream (Questions) on: July 21, 2011, 07:50:42
I once fell asleep in a regular dream and then had a lucid dream inside of a regular, non-lucid dream.
65  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Sort of a WILD on: July 21, 2011, 07:48:03
I was falling asleep, and telling myself that everything from here on out would be a dream. After the hypnogogic sounds passed, I found myself in one of those short, flickery dreams. I knew it was a dream. I couldn't though, for some reason, obtain lucidity. I tried to. I couldn't. I'm hoping to have more success tonight. grin

Why couldn't I become lucid? Was I just so tired?

-Don
66  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / A very odd lucid dream. on: July 11, 2011, 20:36:54
I was dreaming last night of going to the other side of my state (Illinois). I live in Chicago and had to go to Moline. Anyways, I got a helicopter lift there. After checking 5 wrong houses to find my friend, I ended up just walking into the 6th one and exploring. I could tell where people were throughout the house because I saw name-tags (like in the game minecraft) through the walls. I also noticed that each house had a similar layout, and each house had a fire going in a fireplace. Fire, in this particular dream, seemed different than real fire. It didn't have a source, and it just stayed in a pre-defined area. As I was exploring the house, I met my friend Brittany there. I thought nothing of this. I then met my friend Jessie there, and I knew something was up. I proceeded to attempt to push my finger through my hand, but then remembered that that doesn't work for me. So, I began pinching myself, and sure enough, I was lucid. For some reason, I couldn't do much of anything in this state. I think it was because I was far away from home in my dream. I don't know. But it was cool. grin

What are your thoughts on this experience?

Thanks,

-Don
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Changes over time on: June 19, 2011, 16:00:49
Red clouds? I just recently had a lucid dream (or was it?) involving red clouds... Interesting.
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Someone told me I was dreaming on: June 18, 2011, 17:00:43
For some reason, I too will often find myself in tall, rectangular rooms. It's odd, isn't it?

69  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / Re: It's quite the commitment. on: June 10, 2011, 16:49:39
It's about a lot of different things... Particularly love, and how magnificently confusing it is. smiley Also, it talks about mankind and it's curiosity to gain knowledge of the unknown. This is all brought about in a science-fiction story, about a war in the future. At least, for now. I may change the plot soon. I'll keep you posted. grin

- Don
70  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / It's quite the commitment. on: June 10, 2011, 01:28:51
Hello, all. I would like to thank you all for your help in the past. I would like everyone here to know that I am nearing the end of writing the first chapter of my book. I know, I know. I may not seem as much of a writer to you than I actually am. But I feel like this is going to turn out well... If you want, I'll post the first chapter once it is completed, and then perhaps you can help me decide a title.. Yes, I started the book without a title. I have a few ideas, but none too prominent.

I ask for only constructive criticism on this post, please.

-Don grin

P.s - Yes, the book will be free. And yes, it will involve mind / brain power, as to relate to this forum.
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Experienced Silent Vibrations on: June 09, 2011, 00:46:49
I have quite a few things on my mind. A few nights ago, I awoke in a slow haze. I had that buzzing feeling that you get when your foot falls asleep, but it was everywhere. Mainly in my chest. Could this be related to my heart chakra?._.

I've also been telling people about lucid dreaming IN MY DREAMS. It was weird. I've been experimenting a lot with my sleep patterns, and seem to be making progress.

Thoughts?

I'm going to go lay down now... so I may not reply for a while. Not feeling so good.

-Don N
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Did I gain awareness of my astral body? on: May 30, 2011, 00:27:20
Indeed.
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Did I gain awareness of my astral body? on: May 29, 2011, 21:01:26
Twas my question, thanks for the answer! grin
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Did I gain awareness of my astral body? on: May 29, 2011, 20:40:20
So last night, as I was falling asleep, I clicked out of consciousness for maybe a half second, and then woke up. I can't remember if I could move or not, because I didn't try to. I felt COMPLETELY WEIGHTLESS. I felt intense euphoria, as well. I felt very content. It was amazing. I enjoyed it for maybe 10 or 15 seconds before I fell asleep. This happened twice last night. There were no vibrations that I can recall. I just remember the pure weightlessness, and how awesome it was.

Thoughts?

-Don

P.s - I thought to myself, "Don't get too excited", and I immediately calmed down and was able to continue enjoying the experience.
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What is a good binaural beat for projection? on: May 28, 2011, 15:26:14
Interesting... Though that has never happened to me. grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6