The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 05:18:15

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Colour Blind? on: September 02, 2015, 14:12:13
To be honest, it wasn't a question I personally wanted answered.
It was, as some figured out (Smiley), a question to get everyone to consider "individual perception".   Smiley

I thought it was a pretty decent example of how easily individual perception is influenced.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Colour Blind? on: August 28, 2015, 12:27:33
Look up Enchroma glasses, and also reaction videos to people trying them on. I'm not sure if it will help answer your question but at the very least it's a wonderful thing to watch.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Robert Bruce's Negative entities and his 90 day program on: January 28, 2015, 01:45:53
Robert Bruce's New Energy Ways from the book Astral Dynamics is pretty great. The book itself is an interesting read but in my opinion over complicates the concept of projection and would probably just confuse you more than help you. You can download a PDF version of New Energy Ways online for free. It pretty much just teaches you to be aware of your body, plain and simple. He gets into chakras and things like if that's your cup of tea, if not it's still a great form of meditation and will help increase your focus. It's a lot different from other techniques because he goes into it with a "no visualizing" attitude and instead uses what he coins "tactile imaging" which pretty much just means using the sense of feeling.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Breath stop problem on: December 05, 2014, 14:40:51
When you are sleeping you do not breathe like you are accustomed to breathing in waking life. It is much slower and much more shallow than we are accustomed to breathing while awake and even right before bed while relaxed. I used to have problems suddenly coming conscious as I was falling asleep and being right on the verge of phasing then realizing that I didn't seem to be breathing. I was in fact breathing, just not in the way I was used to. It's a mind over matter thing here. Sleep apnea is a serious issue but if that is not the case (and it never hurts to get it checked out) then as I said, it is just a mind over matter issue.

Edit: I forgot to address your question of how to overcome it.

You've said it yourself: surrender. Allow the environment that you are experiencing to overwhelm you and take you in. Concentrate on the sights and sounds that you are experiencing, and maybe a little less on the smells as that will remind you of breathing and then of your physical body. If you realize that you are snoring during the experience then you must realize that you are indeed still breathing and it is just a mental block that you need to overcome. Just get lost in the environment; ; lose yourself in the moment.
5  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Shadow Creature Needs A Category on: December 05, 2014, 13:47:47
Love the picture Xanth. To Mobian Angel, if you're still around, I think the problem is just that your experiences are unrelatable to the rest of us. Whatever happened to Chaos Mage?
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Magic mushrooms and astral projection on: November 25, 2014, 20:08:36
I decided to go in South America instead in 1 month to have some Ayahusca ceremonies with a shaman.

Thanks for your advices guys.

Let us know how that goes for you Smiley And have a safe trip! (look at me and my fancy double entendre Wink haha )
7  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: Problems accessing site on: November 25, 2014, 08:28:45
I get that every once in awhile. I think it's more to do with the router than the site itself.  We have high speed here.

I think you could be right. I had no problems with any other website, and I did try many others, but my problems accessing the site seemed to only last around 2 hours. As soon as I posted the above post on my phone, I got on my laptop to try it once more before bed and it worked just fine so unfortunately I don't have any advice to any others having similar issues other than resetting their IP address and resetting their routers as I did. Perhaps that was what solved the issue and it just took a little while to "set in" I suppose, but I'm not quite as "tech savvy" as some here I'm sure, so I couldn't say that's what it was with any kind of certainty. I'm using AT&T U-verse if that helps anyone though (wouldn't recommend it down here in Florida wink ).
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Magic mushrooms and astral projection on: November 25, 2014, 08:17:20
I think the best way I've heard it put concerning shrooms is that you are not in the "driver's seat" so to speak. It's more like being dragged along for the ride; you are in the passenger's seat. I suppose it's a bit like being blindfolded and put on a rollercoaster rather than consenting to go on a rollercoaster of your own accord. It's not to say that you won't learn from the experience to overcome your fear of getting on a rollercoaster, you might have a blast, but it can also be shocking to the point that perhaps you won't ever want to get on a rollercoaster ever again. We're talking about deeply personal experiences though, so it's hard to generalize how you will react compared to others. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are willing to have someone blindfold you and put you through a completely unnerving, unrelenting, bizarre experience. Much like a rollercoaster, you can't decide to get off half way through. Just something to keep in mind before you decide.
9  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Problems accessing site on: November 24, 2014, 10:19:25
I'm having an issue accessing the site from my home computer. I can get on with no problem using a proxy server on my computer or via my phone as I am doing now. Without the proxy server on my laptop I get a "This web page is not available" message with details saying that it took too long to respond so the website might be down or I might be having issues with my internet connection. This is the only site I am experiencing issues with though and as I said it works fine with a proxy server. I've reset my router a few times, as well as my IP address etc but still no luck. Any suggestions?

You can delete this. It seems it was just a temporary issue and it's resolved now!
10  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: The Star Rover on: November 06, 2014, 08:07:04
Sounds like a good read! Thanks for posting.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DMT question on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:54
So lets say you take DMT and project and its wonderful - that's all great.  But what happens when you want to project and you sit there stuck in a trance for a few hours every night?
I would imagine you'd get the DMT.

I think your math example is wrong.  Math teachers teach you multiplication. Now you know it. Great.
Taking DMT isn't helping you learn HOW to get out.  It's just helping you get out.

It would be like the math teacher taking your tests for you and then asking you to do it after she earned you a few 100%'s. 

It helps you with the FEAR of getting out, that is all. I don't know how you could tell me what DMT does and doesn't do having never experienced it yourself. This seems illogical. I don't relate DMT and phasing at all. Phasing is a completely different experience to me. DMT you have no control over whatsoever. It is not something you would want to use to OBE. I have goals in mind when I phase. Goals are irrelevant on DMT because control does not exist.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DMT question on: October 08, 2014, 08:24:34
As I said, we all live our own lives and make our own decisions.  I suppose it's just a matter of opinion/perspective. Just because you take a different path doesn't mean you won't end up in the same "place" having learned the same lessons. In both instances you are only learning of yourself, so I don't see how any "cheating" could be implied . I spent years trying to phase and the first success I had was after reading your primer, Ryan. I experienced 3D Blackness and it made me thirst for more so I kept going and I reached a point where I was comfortable enough to look for outside help, and help it did. I respect both of your opinions, especially you Ryan, but ultimately I have to share my own personal experience and how it has helped me because that is MY truth and MY reality. I HAVE experienced DMT and the above posts reflect my view on the subject. I lived in Brazil on and off for around 7 years and the mindset down there is completely opposite to what it is here in North America. They see no harm in having a teacher, nor do I. Going back to my example, I doubt I would have learned much arithmetic without the help of another. All DMT does is help you to know YOU better, so it seems to be a bit of a moot point to me.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DMT question on: October 07, 2014, 20:33:03
I'm not talking about becoming dependent on it in an addiction type of way.  I meant that personally, I wouldn't want that to be my "vehicle" out of body so to speak, or my catalyst for projection. 
Here's an example - someone using laxatives to go to the bathroom for so long, now they can't use the restroom without them.
Here's not an example - Becoming addicted to chewing tobacco

See the difference?

I see the distinction you are making, they are ultimately both still dependencies however. You misunderstand my post though. It's like having a teacher to teach you to multiply instead of trying to figure out on your own what multiplication even is in the first place. Once you learn multiplication you don't need the teacher anymore to understand it. Same with DMT. You're laxative example does not apply here. DMT is not a long term drug if used correctly; it is not a crutch. It only takes a few experiences to really sink in, if not one tremendous one. The biggest mistake would be attempting to use it recreationally, for "fun". This would be impractical and in my opinion irresponsible. As I said though, we all live life our own way and we all have the freedom to decided how we will live it. If it doesn't resonate with you then I wouldn't recommend it. We are all heading in the same direction, we just take different paths.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: DMT question on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:11
DMT is not something that you would become dependent on by any means. It's not something you crave to do over and over again, it's just too overwhelming. Think of it more as a teacher than a drug. Whether we know it, consciously or not, we are all at least a little frightened of being "out of body" or focused on an aspect of consciousness that is not as intimately familiar to us as waking reality. We might be fascinated by the idea and think: "Oh it would be so much fun to be out of body!" and therefore assume that we aren't afraid of it, but this is simply not true. We are conditioned to live here in waking life and this is the only reality where we truly feel comfortable in our skin, so to speak. DMT can be an aid when learning to overcome this barrier. It will make you feel uncomfortable and it will make you face your fear. Death is the true fear here, and we are all scared of it because it is the biggest unknown to humanity, but DMT will help you to realize that death is not the end, only another focus; we never truly end. When you take DMT correctly you will most likely panic, thinking that you might have died or are dying and you will have no awareness of any sort of physical body. You will do one of 2 things at this point: You will succumb to the fear and when you come back around you will have learned nothing except more fear, or you can accept the fact that even if you have died you are still aware, still existing, still experiencing. Life is not all that we see, hear, feel, smell and taste here; it goes on. What we experience as waking life is only a small fraction of a greater reality. It is not for the weak-minded and it should not be taken lightly. I was not prepared the first time I tried it, and I didn't attempt it again for a few years. Being open-minded to the "bigger picture" of reality is a must. I would suggest contemplating death and what it really means to you before attempting it, because this is the fear you will be faced with. If you think about it, death is the root of almost all other fears. Death and Pain, the brothers of fear yes? DMT will not kill you, don't misunderstand me, but it will confront you with it, and you should be prepared for that. If you can overcome the fear of death even just a little then experiencing the greater reality will be less of a challenge. Sure you can practice and practice and with patience and time you will come to the same realization. DMT is like that crazy friend that is standing with you at the top of a huge cliff overlooking the sea 100 feet below and pushes you off. Will you sink or swim? Or perhaps will you dodge the push and just hike down the goat trail that runs down the side of the cliff the slow and seemingly safer way and spend some time soaking your toes before you go for a dip? The choice is yours to make. We all live life our own way.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Thoughts on this guys view of AP on: September 14, 2014, 05:52:48
And honestly, that's 100% fine.  It simply means they're not in a place spiritually to move past fear.
Those people probably shouldn't explore the non-physical as they're too based in Fear and not enough in Love.  Simply put, they won't have a good time. 

I suppose that's true enough. I doubt anything anyone says could help another with that anyhow. More of something you have to come to terms with on your own.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Thoughts on this guys view of AP on: September 13, 2014, 23:22:24
If ever there was a reason not to do research before attempting AP then this is it.

I had the exact same thought when I watched it. Fear mongerer was the first thing that popped into my head. The sad thing is there are people that will wholeheartedly believe him and then always be afraid to explore consciousness and find their own answers; a sin if ever there was one. 
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Thoughts on this guys view of AP on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:49
I'm not sure if anyone has watched this, but I thought it might provide some entertainment for you all. I don't know if this guy has actually ever projected or not, but he has quite an intense and negative view on the subject. I only made it through the first 10 minutes before I got fed up and that took effort so proceed with caution  cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrlfPSNKy9M

My experiences projecting/phasing have personally led me to be more open minded to the concept of god/oneness of the universe. I can't relate in the least to this guy. I'm curious to know your thoughts on this in conjunction with coping with matters of dogma, especially from our Christians that we have here (whom are thankfully much more open-minded than this fellow). Perhaps he's just had a bad experience, but he claims to be able to project 1 out of 3 times. With a record like that I would think he would have had an opposite reaction. This has just kind of baffled me!
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: 3D Blackness on: July 24, 2014, 06:13:47
Some people see pinpoints of light that may be or resemble a star field. I just get an infinite blackness, sometimes flat black, sometimes an inky depth.

I experience this "star field" effect and it's what helps me get into the full blown 3D black void. Glad to hear others experience it as well, I don't believe I'd read that anywhere  smiley
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: heartbeat triggers out-of-body experiences on: January 22, 2014, 09:52:41
The joke is I could design and give you the schematics of a circuit that picks up your heatbeat with a gadget that fits the end of your finger. You stick it on and within a few seconds it automatically fetches your beat.
What you'd do about the virtual reality goggles is another story.lol.
Interesting concept.

Know it's a late post but now with oculus rift and holophonic audio that might do the trick yeah? trippy  shocked

would be an interesting experiment anyways.
20  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Telekenesis.. Is this for real?!? on: January 14, 2014, 20:04:36
Yeah the site itself went inactive a long while ago because the owner had moved on to make another website (which I don't know the name of, I'm sorry). He left the site up as an archive for a number of years but it looks as if that too has finally gone. You can use takemeback though: http://web.archive.org/web/20080701033740/http://www.psipog.net/. You might not be able to access everything, but a decent amount should still be available.

There are a lot of good reads there but to be honest just clearing your mind of thought and concentrating on the object for long periods of time, just silently willing it to move is what worked for me. It took a while, but it eventually paid off.

P.S. You're rekindling my interests hehe. Seeing that site again was like taking a step back into childhood.
21  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Telekenesis.. Is this for real?!? on: January 14, 2014, 03:05:24
When I was younger, one of the websites I frequented was psipog, which was a site dedicated to the exploration of "psionics". Sitting on the floor of my room I tried moving a psi-wheel almost every single night for a few weeks to no avail. The first time I saw it shake I remember being so excited I wanted to go run laps around the house, however I was still very skeptical, thinking maybe I was just breathing too hard or maybe the A/C had moved it, even though I'd never seen the A/C have any effect on it previous to that point. I started turning the air off when I practiced just for assurance. Over a few months I got to the point where I could rotate it in both directions with a mason jar over it and from standing on the opposite side of the room, but controlling which direction it went was still very difficult without being close to it and that frustrated me. I decided to move on to rolling a toothpick which I never had much luck with. I might have made it shake once or twice but more often than not the toothpick would simply disappear from my vision completely until I blinked, which I found fascinating but again, frustrating. Not long after, my father passed away and my life took a bit of a turn and I ceased practice. I had proven to myself though that TK could be achieved, even if only in a small way. I was in a bookstore a few weeks after my dad's funeral and I came quite by chance across a book called Astral Dynamics, that had been misplaced in the language section where I was looking for a book to learn Gaelic. The more I read the more I was hooked so my mom bought it for me and that's how I was introduced to AP, and in fact what brought me to this site almost 10 years ago Smiley

You have every single right to be skeptical about these things, it's only natural. I think the only thing that society is willing to blindly believe in without hesitation is God, because most people are brought up to believe, or fall into peer pressure because almost everyone else believes. I had no belief in God as a child because it was so forced down my throat by my grandmother that I rejected it. Oddly enough I found God, or at least what I deem to be God, through astral projection.

Anyways, the whole point of my long ramble is that if you can take on the mantle of experimenting and proving things to YOURSELF, you'd be amazed what you can do. You're already an open-minded individual or you wouldn't be here on this site. The only thing that's left to do is to try. What's the worst that could happen? Quite literally nothing. At the very least, staring at an object incessantly will drastically improve your concentration, I'll attest to that.
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Bonjour from france ! on: November 29, 2013, 07:23:20
slt mek et bienvenue! ya bocou de bonne connaissance ici.  i'm sure you'll find plenty of info from all of the good people here  smiley
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hemi sync series- save $500 on: November 26, 2013, 10:24:13
You sound like me when I was younger. I agree with Xanth on this one. It's nice to read and learn from other's experiences but in essence that's what you are paying for is THEIR view on the subject and while this can be helpful to a degree you still have to find your own way. When you relax enough (body and mind) to the point where projection is possible you can't be thinking about all the different techniques you've read about or your mind is not in an ideal state for projection so all you're doing is getting in the way of yourself.

In your spare time during the day try keeping your mind clear of all thought; make a game out of it if that helps. Challenge yourself to see how long you can go without thinking. The longer you can keep up that frame of mind, the higher your chances of success in my opinion. If you really want some reading material I would suggest going to Xanth's blog and reading the Phasing Primer. That's what ended up being the most beneficial resource in my projection "arsenal", and it's free of charge.

Also desert-rat, I would think it might be a better idea to PM someone to let them know that you can provide them with illegal material than to post it for everyone to see hehe. I think that might be frowned upon  shocked
24  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: great movie. on: October 03, 2013, 23:46:48
Thanks, I'm always on the look out for good films. I'm about halfway through this one and it's really quite amazing so far, so thanks again.
25  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: "Most relaxing song ever created" on: October 01, 2013, 08:10:09
This is one of my favorite zone-out songs. Wear headphones though, it's holophonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYnd5RXvOWg
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9