The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 20, 2020, 06:03:18

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: do you think it is worth spending big on isochronic or binaural tracks on: September 01, 2013, 13:19:36
There is plenty of good stuff for free out there, as others already mentioned, so there is no need to spend any money at all, unless you really feel like doing so.

There is are a ton of binaural beats available for instant play on soundcloud and youtube, as well as a few sites like some those were already mentioned.

I personally like these a lot:

http://archive.org/details/integral_mashups-RadioKosmos1

http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/ has both an isochronic and a binaural beat generator as well as other great sound generators

You can keep http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/indianDroneGenerator.php with the motion setting open in one tab and http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/binauralBrainwaveGenerator.php at 2hz in another tab, which is a good combination.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Back to nature / hermite living on: August 26, 2013, 07:12:54
The older I get, the more I feel like completely withdrawing from society and living a simple hermite farmer life.

It always seems impossible for a positive environment to exist where multiple humans cohabite, due to our ego driven animal nature that pushes most people to seek the best spot in the "tribe", to ensure the best success in the everlasting cycle of procreation.

Living in a big city, I always feel so much negative energy around me, from people that get caught up in the illusions of modern life, which ultimately breaks lots of them spiritually.

Having grown up in nature, being able to appreciate it's wonders, while living as self sufficient life is about as good as things get in this plane of existence in my opinion.

What's your take on this?
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Astral Academy Conference Room on: August 24, 2013, 09:27:57
It's a shame you turned this into a buisness  sad

A couple of years I used to think your way too. I thought everything of spiritual value should be free and charging for anything was bordering to forming a money grubbing, people controlling cult, however nowadays I realize that modest charges to enable a teacher to live a modest life, doing something one is passionate about is a very reasonable thing to do and not everybody has the time and funds to do these things on the side for free. A soulless grind in a job also might hinder the continuing spiritual evolution of the instructor.

Charging money tends to limit classrooms to people who are serious enough to follow through, so the time of the instructor is not wasted.

In the end most knowledge of any kind is available on the internet for free these days, if one is capable of wading through the noise and making up his own mind, but paying someone experienced reasonable amounts for the teaching of his condensed spiritual knowledge is not a wrong thing to do.

As long as the amount paid is a token amount and the teacher is genuine about his ability and willingness to teach, with no intentions of extracting unreasonable amounts of money from the student later on, I see nothing wrong with it.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: This guy can win the James Randi challenge!! on: August 24, 2013, 08:58:11
I don't know much about Randi, but the world is full of charlatans, looking to cash in on self proclaimed abilities, bogus stories and bogus products, which you can find all over the alternative thinking parts of the internet.

Skeptics and scientists serve an important role in debunking them, but of course one always has to keep an open mind, which some of these people refuse to have.
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What will be left of the "self" ? on: August 24, 2013, 08:40:41
Thanks for your thoughtful insights.  smiley
6  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: Kuman thong - Real or folk belief? on: August 21, 2013, 23:23:13
I also thing there is something fundamentally wrong with anyone who would want to do that.

It's especially sad that buddhist temples in thailand are selling them under the pretense of being able to adopt the baby this way, but buddhism there has little to do with buddhas original teachings anyway.
7  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Kuman thong - Real or folk belief? on: August 21, 2013, 13:18:00
A Kuman Thong is a statue or amulet, usually made from an aborted fetus that is mostly reduced to it's oil.

People believe that they can forcibly keep the ghost of the baby in a gap world this way and owners attempt to control it, to gain worldly posessions, status or to fight their enemies, although it is sometimes reported that the ghosts turn uncontroleable, haunt their owners and cause losses of health and wealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuman_thong

These amulets and statues are gaining much popularity these days in most parts of Asia. While I generally think that pretty much all thai magic is folk belief, I wonder if any astral travelers have any insight, wether it might really be possible to keep a baby in the gap world this way.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi :-) on: August 21, 2013, 12:54:01
Welcome to Astralpulse DreamOn Smiley
I wondering why your wife is warning of any dangers to "non-monks". Would be glad to hear the reason.
What can happen?

She told me that she experienced an attack by a being herself when she was younger, that caused her a loss of energy which she never truely recovered from.

As even David Monroe dealt with such things I presume it's a real risk, although traveling from a familiar place, in a peaceful state of mind, might be enough to avoid those things.

How far they might be a projection of one's own mind I don't know.
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hi :-) on: August 21, 2013, 12:37:00
I'm in my late 20s and discovered lucid dreaming about 10 years ago thanks to the internet.

I practiced hard and developed a good dream recall, along with lucid dreams, but scary false awakenings with body paralysis and ghostly attacks, along with a much less refreshing sleep put me off after a while and I quickly returned back to normal.

After recently coming across David Monroe's books again, I found Astral Pulse and Frank Kepple's model along with it and it intrigued me enough to try to access the Astral by myself, even though my buddhist wife is warning me of the dangers of people that aren't experienced monks attempting to do this.
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What will be left of the "self" ? on: August 21, 2013, 12:22:25
Hi there and welcome.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking?

Are you implying that by projecting, we are risking an uncontrolled change in our personality or identity of self?

Please explain a little further as I find this interesting but I don't really have enough to go by as to what you are specifically asking.

Anyways, glad to see you here and please introduce yourself in the members introduction's forum if you would like.

I just wonder what will be left of us once we pass, as it's not really adressed by people that apparently have a vast experience traveling the astral like Frank Kepple.

He almost seems to imply that a lot is retained by people very attached to the physical that move to Focus 3.
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What will be left of the "self" ? on: August 21, 2013, 09:26:28
Brain chemistry is easily altered by illnesses and drugs, which can completely change a persons personality and behavior.

If you have family members suffering from schizophrenia and the like you probably know that first hand.

Recipients of organ transplants report that they also experience changes in personality and behavior, which is attributed to the possibility of cell memory.

People who had a stroke also underwent complete personality changes as in these cases:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_McHugh
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/culturelab/2011/05/from-stroke-survivor-to-compulsive-artist.html

I therefore wonder, what will be left in the astral of our current selves?
Pages: [1]