The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 16, 2017, 01:15:09

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A town called "Nope" on: May 21, 2015, 04:06:18
I wanted to share an awesome experience I had last night.

I became lucid early morning. At the time I was standing in a dark abandoned warehouse. I immediately began running with excitement to leave the building and go explore, but stopped a couple of times to anchor myself by feeling the texture of the ground. Right outside the entrance there were a group of children playing in a kiddie pool. I took a big gulp of the water and they giggled.

As I surveyed the location, I realized I was in a small charming cobblestone village with lots of children running around. There were also many carriages led my horses. The children were all dressed like laborers in the industrial revolution, just like this photo:

I met up with two young boys. We we hollering at each other across the street while cars whizzed by (I suppose there were cars as well as carriages). They told me the town's name was 'Nope' and I demanded an explanation. One of the little boy's stepped out in front of one of the cars on accident and the car smashed right into him. I felt guilty, but began talking to the second child. He told me the town was somewhere in the middle of the astral and my waking world which somehow made a lot of sense to me. Then the boy who got hit by a car appeared from one of the shops undamaged.

I was heading to a carnival in the distance with a large Ferris wheel. I was shocked at how long the experience was lasting and decided to keep going with it. Before I arrived at the carnival everything went black, but I did not wake up. I was floating in black nothingness and it was so peaceful. I imagined the spinning vortex I have traveled through, it appeared and I began flying through it. Once I reached the end I either woke up or had another non-physical experience consecutively.

I just find it so amazing and rewarding when I am able to interact with the locals of the world I visit in a very vivid and aware experience.
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Post links to your OBE journals here. on: May 19, 2015, 08:01:50
www.dream-shards.blogspot.com

Last year I made a lot of progress on lucid dreaming/OBE. I stopped having frequent dreams or other experiences for over six months, then started to become very serious about it and practice on a regular basis a few months ago. My blog tracks my progress and addresses topics of related interest.
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: How did you get here? on: May 19, 2015, 04:23:26
I think my interest in OBE's led me to become fascinated in paranormal science and the occult when I was about 12. I became involved with various magickal communities across the internet. My views have changed but it led me into exploring AP more and I probably found this forum long ago through google search. I have left but something keeps drawing me back. The people here are experienced and real. It's a great community of support.
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hello again on: May 18, 2015, 23:14:40
Thank you both.  smiley
5  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Do you want or plan on reincarnating here to the physical again? on: May 18, 2015, 23:13:05
I personally have learned a lot on this earth and in this lifetime. I don't think this world is boring one bit and wouldn't mind having another life to explore the beauties of this earth. If the universe believes I have more to learn here before going somewhere else then I trust that decision.
6  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Hello again on: May 15, 2015, 08:25:16
This is not my first introduction. I still thought I would say hello to everyone. I was active quite a long time ago and have been gone for awhile. Many of you probably understand that waking life can take a toll on our dreams. I have hardly recalled anything the past year as I am focused on so many other things.  I recently created a project for college in which I attempt to regain dream recall and go further with my out of body experiences (my blog link is at the bottom). Thus far it has proven to be successful with very little effort on my part besides patience and continuing to practice awareness. I have so many questions and curiosities in my head!

Anywho, Hello to everyone. I have so much left to learn and discover and naturally was driven back to this forum as I continue my journey.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Idea for Inducing Lucid Dreams on: November 07, 2014, 07:34:51
I agree that the earphone are uncomfortable for me as well. I can hardly get relaxed and give up. I believe affirmations are a useful tool to lucid dreaming or AP but audio doesn't usually work for me.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Improving on awareness on: November 02, 2014, 19:56:21
A short time ago I asked for advice on gaining awareness in the astral. Xanth gave me some advice on focusing all my energy into experiencing the astral with my five senses.

Last night I was in a dream where I was sitting on my friends' bed. Something made me aware that I was out of body. I immediately stood up and went into their dining room. I asked with intention on what I could do next to further this experience. Right then I looked towards the dining room table were a blonde guy in his early 30's was preparing tamales. He only gestured towards a plate with a large tamale on it and I knew what I needed to do. I used all of my energy in focusing my senses on this tamale. First I focused my sight, and my sight zoomed in so much it felt like I was a fly sitting on the plate for a moment. I felt the tamale and the ridges in it. Then I took a bite. I noticed the texture of the shredded beef and smoothness of the sauce. Not only that, the flavor was absolutely astonishing. It was so delicious! After that I immediately went into the living room and lied down on the carpet. I felt the carpet on my cheek and ran it through my hands. I even tasted it, lol. It was realistically carpet.

It then occurred to me how intense astral senses can be. Not only does having an orgasm lead to possibly losing awareness or going back into your body, but so does experiencing everything else. A couple of times I had to mentally ground myself because things were getting a little too intense.  It was a really cool experience.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What are the top must-do things while OOB? on: October 27, 2014, 09:01:11
For a beginner I would advise to make the experience short and not too far. Explore your immediate surroundings (wherever you first find yourself after projecting). Don't drag the experience on because it is hard to remember, in my case the projection can easily be phased out by a dream. If you end it in a timely manner and wake up it is easier to recall a more vivid experience. Sometimes you project into a setting where something is already actively going on, in that case just observe and go with the flow.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Gaining Awareness on: October 23, 2014, 06:19:13
I was looking for an older post like that, I appreciate it!
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Gaining Awareness on: October 22, 2014, 20:15:14
Good morning everyone. I will give you a quick background of myself: I have been able to lucid dream ever since I can remember. In the past couple of years I have become more successful at AP. Now spontaneous OBE's occur constantly, especially if I perform the priming method of waking up early then falling back asleep. I am still not satisfied though. I have had a few very realistic experiences but most of the time I struggle with the experience.

I will make an example by my experience last night. I woke up early then waited till I was tired and drifted off, staying consciously aware I was projected in a dream-like environment. It was hard to see and I kept shouting things like "It will be light!" without many results. I did my best create a more vivid experience but nothing worked. I even made a door appear because for some reason I thought that if i opened it and stepped through things would be much more realistic. Eventually the dream took over. I was still aware I was dreaming but struggled with it. So I guess my main question is how do I gain more freewill and awareness? I wish my experiences were usually realistic. I feel like I am usually just trapped in this dream environment where nothing important or exciting happens and I am just wondering around trying to find things to do. It gets boring honestly.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Feedback and encouragement sought on: October 15, 2014, 21:49:49
1. Do you recommend working on Lucid dreams to speed up my evolution? This is one approach you can take. I often have OBE's by lucid dreaming. There are many techniques to use, including the affirmations while you are falling asleep that you will realize you are dreaming and remember it when you wake up.
2. Is the massive time chunk approach a useful option? It certainly seems to be so for me. (4-8+ hours a day). Living and breathing my practice. I know I wouldn't have enough time for that and my advice to you is to not waste all of your waking time worrying about astral projecting. It sounds like you might just stress yourself out more when you are trying to lay down and relax in the middle of the day and fail at doing so. Enjoy waking life and try to direct AP in the evening or early morning.
3. Does drinking a cup of coffee a day have any relevance here. I doubt it. I drink caffeine all the time and sleep just fine. Like stated above though, caffeine has different effects on everyone. If you are sensitive to it don't drink it hours before bed.
4. Is diet a relevant factor? Bruce says yes. Some said no. I really can't comment on this. It's probably true that eating horribly can effect how you sleep at night or your ability to relax. I wouldn't be overly worried about it.
5. Are energy body development and exit training ( la Robert Bruce) something some of you have reliable success with? It certainly feels good but I want much more. I have enjoyed training myself to do energy work but NOT because of AP. I don't see how it has any relevance and it is not needed to project. I am not a fan of Robert Bruce because most of his book is centered around making you think you need to advance in energy work and exit techniques in order to successfully AP. Not true! He does have a point in the "mind split" phenomena though. The whole point is to be completely mentally aware right when you fall asleep.
6. Do you advise following the Monroe Gateway program all the way through? I am not familiar with it. It might have worked for some but my belief is that people wanting to AP over think it too much.
7. How could I reclaim my childhood spontaneous tunnel phasing ability. I really don't know what to tell you there. When I was a child I had the most vivid AP experiences. Though I have had some that are close, I just was much more aware and could remember when I woke up when I was a kid. I think the first thing is to start APing again, and then you can practice techniques to improve awareness.
13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Conscious OBE on: October 05, 2014, 08:32:25
Don't be worried about not remembering details of your transition. Everyone has their own way of phasing. I have never projecedt by feeling vibrations, thought I do feel like I am slowly falling.
14  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I'm so annoyed by this. on: September 03, 2014, 12:03:38
I am not trying to be rude but it sounds like you have wasted too much energy on this guy.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Altering your own reality? on: August 18, 2014, 13:38:47
This is really just the same technique that people try to tell pregnant woman to use when they go into labor. Obviously it is not that easy to put yourself in a mindset that is disconnected from the pain. Pain is processed by the brain, so I completely believe if you get your mind to focus on something you can diminish pain. However, it doesn't mean it won't come back and that you have to face it eventually, but it can make the pain more tolerable when you will it so. I think if you dramatize sickness and pain then it will have the opposite effect: it can make it linger or worsen it. 
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Awesome experience w/ some breakthroughs on: August 10, 2014, 22:12:16
Thank you three, I really appreciate the input. Szaxx I was having trouble interpreting the experience but what you said makes a lot of sense.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Yet, another Past Life! on: August 09, 2014, 23:33:37
Congratulations! You just wasted 22 minutes of yout life on Non-existent things Smiley

This is the third or fourth post today that you have tried to stir up things by outright telling people they are wrong. I think I smell a troll.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Relationships with spirit guides? on: August 09, 2014, 23:29:07
ooooh memories of the person who was on the forums a short while a back claiming they have a sexual relationship with their guide Shadow the hedgehog and together they will destroy eggman.....no further comment

I wonder if that was the same person who had a livejournal years ago claiming the same thing. This person claimed to have not only have a sexual relationship but a child with this spirit guide. Of course I thought she was psycho and trying to get followers, but funny enough she had a lot of people who believed her.

I don't believe in saying that anything can not exist. I myself believe in spirit guides, but a lot of us might have a different interpretation of where they came from and why they are there.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Awesome experience w/ some breakthroughs on: August 09, 2014, 23:12:03
Morning everyone. This morning I had a really could astral experience I wanted to share.
  In the astral I was in my apartment hanging out with the family. I realized I was in the astral and willed myself to slowly start floating upward, which worked. I wanted to go outside and explore. Everything in my apartment was very different and more new. When I got to the window I couldn't get out, my head just hit glass. Instead of trying to walk through the glass I realized it didn't even have to be there. The glass disappeared and I climbed through the window. Outside was really cool looking. There were these tall stone pillars everywhere. Those and the front of my apartment building reminded me of Rome or Ancient Greece, except everything looked brand new like I was in that time period. Also, everything was surrounded by a very comforting orange glow as I believe it was turning to dusk. Everything started fading and I was worried I would have to stop this experience. Instead I remembered I needed to focus so I cupped my hands and blew in them then rubbed them together. This really helped and everything seemed more vivid afterward. I also tried flying by running and jumping, but ended up flat on my face on the ground. Instead of getting stressed or giving up I tried my first method and gradually floated upward. I traveled out into the center where there was a courtyard. There were other people walking around, ones that didn't look like regular humans. There was a man standing in the center of the courtyard and I realized by looking at him that they were centaurs. He was singing and he had a beautiful voice, and he didn't pay much attention to me but was not bothered. It turned to night time. I wanted to join him but not be disrespectful. I followed him by floating upward in a spiral towards the sky. The sky was filled with dark blues and purples and I can distinctively see all the star constellations of the astrological wheel. There was this celestial music, I believe a piano, playing in the background. The combination of the music, him singing, and the stars was very magickal feeling. He might have been speaking another language, so I don't remember what he was singing. I decided to end it there so I could remember all of it.

I am happy with myself by this experience because there were some things I have done better then in the past. Rubbing my hands together really helped me focus. Also, I have always had issues with flying and walking through things. I am not completely over that but I am finding that there are techniques to trick myself so to speak. I am still not usually able to just walk through walls but if I imagine it isn't even there it will disappear, this seems to work well. The thing I want to work on is when I have the most vivid experiences. The only times I really remember everything and felt very aware our times when I have been fatigued and end up oversleeping. This isn't ideal for me, as I would like to be able to project with normal nights of sleep. I definitely have before but I don't remember much. Thanks for letting me share!
20  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Possible Presence on: July 09, 2014, 11:45:50
I kind of agree with xanth. I had haunting experiences while living with my mother until I moved out. We would both feel a presense, especially laying in bed at night. I would see figures walking around outside and blinds would open. We moved around but the spirit or energy force would follow. She called me a couple of years after I had moved out and told me that the entity was at it again. Her and her husband would feel physical jolts while sleeping, like it was getting more physical. My mother has dealt with a lot of regret for a long time and completely admits it's her negative energy causing this. It could very well be her subconscious or a negative being that has clung onto her. I think the problem has subsided but I'm not certain. So yes, it could very well be that someone in the house is subconsciously making these things happen. I think fear can fuel these things, but you might not want to ignore it unless it really isn't bothering anyone. This is just my input.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Trying a new way! on: July 07, 2014, 13:19:55
I have never been successful in projecting from an awake state. I have more success in becoming more aware in the astral through lucid dreaming. I believe everyone isndifferent. There is no harm in experimenting; that is what you should do.
22  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: wake back to bed question on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:30
I know there are times when I go to bed knowing that I am only going to get like four hours asleep before I have to get up. Amazingly I start dreaming after an hour to two hours, and by the time I have to get up I'm usually in a very intense dream. Of course this doesn't happen often, I usually don't sleep only four hours, but it's interesting how body prepares itself for not getting enough sleep and thus has a faster sleep cycle.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Had an OBE and learnt some things! on: June 30, 2014, 11:50:40
I often relate to the movie "Hook" when experiencing astral travel or lucid dreaming: where Peter Pan is told that he can fly only if he truly believes he can. My issues in the astral realm usually stem from starting to disbelieve if I can really fly or summon an object/person. When I start having the least bit doubt everything falls apart and I end up back in a dream again. It's like I hit a brick wall.
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Spirit guides? on: June 28, 2014, 22:34:12
Open yourself up to guidance and your spirit guide will appear to you. It could be in your dreams, in meditation, or the feeling that someone is watching over you in waking life. Like the other members have said, they are there to guide you but ultimately push you to experience life through trial and error on your own. No one can say where exactly they come from, though they seem to reside on another plane (or multiple planes) such as the astral which of course is linked with the physical so we might feel their presence or see them out of the corner of our eye. This is just from my experience.

When I was really young and going through some horrible issues that made me very unsure of life, me guide would regularly appear in my dreams. His appearance (hair, clothes, etc.) would usually be like someone I am close to in waking life. I think he did this as to not try and freak me out. It kind of aggravated me though. He has also been there though meditation when I was seeking out answers. This was very helpful. He gave me advice but ultimately had me discover the answers myself.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Did anyone take a LONG time to project? on: June 28, 2014, 10:41:37
I have been trying for many years and I still am more succesful by becoming conscious in my dreams. I can not lay down and start meditating with the intention of projecting, but often wake up from dreams and then slip back into unconsciousness knowing I can leave my body.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7