The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 17, 2017, 19:38:37

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Having sleep problems while trying to AP, leading to a failed attempt on: July 07, 2017, 23:07:32
Hello Lumaza! Thank you for your awesome reply!

So, I'm aware that one doesn't need to be in a full sleep paralysis, but It's the only method that worked for me to this point. I have trouble holding the vibrations at the same level. Sometimes I get a big buzz of vibrations, and I try to hold it, and It just goes away, as if I lost focus or something. Another thing I noticed is that when I get high amount of vibrations, my leg muscles slightly contract, I notice it and mostly lose focus.

About the motion thing...
I usually do a mental walk around the place where I am at. I do it right after relaxing (trying to lose the sense of body contact to the bed). I try to imagine a "first person perspective" of me getting up, feeling the floor, the material, temperature, structure of the rooms and basically walk around and interact with objects. I do that for a while and come back to my body (Etherically ofc). I had this idea that doing so would set me up for where I will go when I shift, and it's like practice for moving around in the astral world too.

I will definitely check out the sticky posts and try out some of the stuff that I haven't done yet.

Cheers! Smiley
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Having sleep problems while trying to AP, leading to a failed attempt on: July 07, 2017, 14:10:44
So, I've been practicing AP for probably a year now, and managed one successful experience until now.

I have this one problem that happens after I do the steps that feel like they work for me.
I end up feeling calm, body starts to feel numb (I recognize that static-like feeling as vibrations, is that right?). I try to let go incoming thoughts and focus on my breathing instead. BUT I never end up in a sleep paralysis, i always know that if I move, I will be able to move in the 3D world. So what I do instead is, after all that I move on purpose, just like you would do before going to sleep, put myself into a comfortable position. I set my intension to "observe" falling asleep.

So here's the thing. Now what happens is that I can't fall asleep at all sometimes, even if I abort everything and try to sleep for good. Sometimes I end up lying there till morning and only fall asleep then, when I get tired. As if all that energy I accumulate during the steps won't let me sleep cause I feel energized, like if I'm under stimulants.

If I manage to go past that step, I end up felling a rush of vibrations, and a "pop", vibrations then stop. That's how I ended in my first OBE.

So, any ideas? Should I change the technique (only successful one that worked for now).
Or any suggestions of how to go around the sleeping problem?

Thanks for your time!
Cheers! Smiley
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: First time after a long time trying, unexpected and confused on: July 07, 2017, 12:41:00
...and its my own technique

Interesting read, I do the walking around myself everynight. Trying to prepare in case of an AP happening, and I think it's like training for the real thing.

I tried last night again, but failed. I guess positive thinking will only make it easier for the future attempts, so no big deal. Smiley
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: First time after a long time trying, unexpected and confused on: July 06, 2017, 21:28:22
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate it!
After thinking the whole day about it, and reliving it in my head, I came to a theory that maybe, because I failed at first, the set intention to project in my current location, where my physical body is was gone. Mostly because I said to myself lets try to sleep instead, but try to capture the moment of falling asleep. By doing so maybe my intention was blank, that's why I ended up in a dark place, with nowhere to go.

About it being a lucid dream, I never did a reality check. It also didn't feel like one, mostly because from my experience when I lucid dream, i find myself in middle of a dream already, and dreams never feel empty. This felt like a transition, like switching worlds, in the process I felt like a "pop" from inside my center area of my body. And I instantly was in another place.

How do you guys go on after the first time? Do you feel like it's easier for the future attempts and do you try to do it the next first night or maybe its better to wait a couple of days?

Cheers!
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / First time after a long time trying, unexpected and confused on: July 06, 2017, 05:11:24
Greetings everyone, before I begin I'd like to say that I'm new to the forum, in fact new to forums in general, but I thought heck, what better way to share than to post on here, right?!

So I'm a guy, 26 years old and have been trying to astral project for months now without success.
Last night I tried again, doing all the steps, relaxing, putting on some binaural beats. I was lying down for about an hour or so and failed. Instead i tried to fall asleep for real but try to be aware when It happens. Suddenly all the things I tried to do for months happened so fast. Vibrations, my vision went all static-like not sure about the noise. Then I kinda saw a rope going through a wooden trapdoor in my mind. And it felt like the world shifted on the other side. I was lying there for a while, thinking "my body must be paralyzed and if i move I'll freak out" after a while i moved and looked around. It wasn't really my room i slept in, instead it was a house i used to live when i was a kid, but still not a 100% the same. Some rooms were missing and there was no doors or windows. The room was like super dark and empty, curiosity made me go through the dark room tho, leading into the hallway. From the floor glowing flowers were growing, that was pretty much all the light there was. From the flowers came this particle-like glow you see in video games. It was hard to look through my eyes. The more time i spent the harder it got. As if my eyes are swollen. The next room, usually the kitchen had chairs in it but the kinds that you see in bars. They obviously didn't belong there. Then I suddenly came back to the 3D world.

The thing is, Im confused what that was. Was it a lucid dream or was I finally able to astral project?
There's things that put me off, cus there was not much there. No entities at all, it was dark (could be cus of emotions or fear cus i was honestly a bit scared of it). There was no vivid colors like i read it would be online (it was pretty though). I could not leave, because there was no doors. Now that I think back I didn't look at myself, like I used to do in lucid dreams. (Looking at my hands as they distort would make me go lucid) nor did I check or see a silver cord. Im fully aware that I was there but not sure 100% where or what that was.

So what are your thoughts on this?  What did the description feel like to you?

Cheers for taking the time to read all this Wink
Pages: [1]