The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 31, 2020, 22:58:38

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / How can I leave FoC 2? on: August 10, 2005, 21:53:19
Actually, off topic, I learned more about Aristotle than I did Plato.

Just so happens, though, that I agreed more with Plato's way of thinking on Ultimate Reality than I did with Aristotle  Cheesy
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Cool places to visit whilst AP'ing on: August 09, 2005, 13:49:27
Research Robert Bruce's Virtual Reality Projection technique.  If you want to visit some interesting places, just go out and find posters of scenes that you like, and you can visit them.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / How can I leave FoC 2? on: August 08, 2005, 20:54:03
I was just wondering if anyone had made the connection of Frank's Focuses to that of Plato's Forms.

Plato believed that Ultimate Reality was everything that existed in the universe in its most perfect Form and that Physical Reality is simply a physical application of the Form and that physical objects are thrice removed from Ultimate Reality.

For example, according to Plato, there are chairs in the physical realm, none of these chairs are perfect in the physical realm and are all completely unique.  Although, in some transcendent realm, there is a Chair (single Chair, the Form of the Chair) that is what every single chair in the universe is copied from.

Keeping this in mind:  From what I have read in Frank's posts, Focus 4 allows you to experience/become/perceive everything in the universe in its most perfect "concept" (Form).  In Focus 3, you would "see" everything in the universe in the ways that everybody in the universe "sees" them as being "real" thus making Focus 3 once removed from reality.  Now, between Focus 2 and Focus 1 it's kind of hard to explain, but bear with me please.  Focus 2 is how you, WITH YOUR MIND, perceive everything to be true, thus making it twice removed from reality, but Focus 1, on the other hand, uses your senses to perceive something as true, thus making it thrice removed from reality.

Maybe somebody could clean up the correlation a bit, but upon reading this thread, I was instantly teleported back to my philosophy class.  If anyone else has made this connection between the two, or would provide some more thought to it, that would be awesome.

Until then, I'll be reading theories of both Frank and Plato.

Also:  Something that is kinda funny.  Plato did not enjoy paintings or sculptures because they are a copy of the physical object, thus being four times removed from reality.

Edit: Spelling
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / akashic librarys on: August 08, 2005, 20:03:58
Speaking of Virtual Reality Projection, if you had a poster of a gigantic library hanging in your room and you believed it to be exactly what the Akashic Records would be could you use Robert Bruce's Virtual Reality Projection technique as a gateway to the Akashic Records?  Just a thought, shoot me down if its improvable.
5  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Powerful Meditation! on: July 30, 2005, 07:06:47
Are you using a Mac, or any operating system besides Windows?  That could be the problem.
6  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Powerful Meditation! on: July 29, 2005, 14:37:38
Ogg Vorbis codec is just a different method of encoding sound file.  If you are familiar with zip and rar compression then you can make a comparison sort of like this:  ZIP and RAR compression both compress just about the same amount.  Some people prefer ZIP, some people prefer RAR.  MP3 and OGG are basically the same principle, only with sound.  They both compress about the same, they both sound about the same, only some people prefer OGG to MP3 (like me).  There are some more differences and reasons that I prefer OGG, but that's just the basic principle.  Actually, if you're still having problems playing the sound file here is a direct link to the Ogg Vorbis Codec.  Simply install that and it should play just fine.

Enjoy!

Edit:  Oh yeah, you asked what you can use to play it.  Well after installing the codec, you can use windows media player.  Personally, I use WinAMP to play media files (one time stuff) and I use foobar2000 to listen to music.  If you have any other technical questions you can PM me or add me to msn (I don't check aim or yahoo much) and I will be happy to answer them for you.
7  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Powerful Meditation! on: July 28, 2005, 17:42:27
That is powerful technique, but like the people before I had problems remembering all of this to meditate on it.  To help this little issue I cleaned up the grammar and punctuation and recorded it using Text-to-Speech software.  I also used part of gnomad's Boxed Nirvana in the background as that helps me to relax and get into a trance state.

I also changed some of the wording to make it clearer to me and to make my visualizations more vivid.

You can download the file here.

And a transcription of the poem is here:

You are sitting somewhere warm and comfortable.
You are sitting out doors on a sunny day.
It is high noon, and the sun is directly overhead.
Visualize a sunbeam coming straight down from way up above.
The sunbeam is shining directly on the top of your head.
Relax into this.
Imagine this until you can feel the sunbeam physically warming the top of your head.  
When you have the warmth, imagine that the top of your head is a flower.
The crown chakra is called the lotus of a thousand petals.
It is classically visualized as a lotus of infinite petals that is eternally opening and opening.
You can imagine any kind of flower.
The flower opens to the warmth and draws the sunlight down its stem into your head.
The sunlight is sparkling and tingling.  
You can feel it flowing down into the third eye and throat.
You can feel it flowing down inside you to fill the reservoir base chakra in your torso.
The chakra is so large it is an oval going from your pelvis to your collarbone.
The Chakra is filling with light.
There is so much sunlight that the chakra is blindingly bright.
It is as bright as you can possibly imagine.
When the space is filled with bright, sparkling, radiant light, as brilliant as the sunrise reflecting off the ocean, as bright as an arc welders torch, we notice the Chakra has a hole in the bottom.
A stream of light leaks from the bottom of the Chakra, down through your feet, down,  down, down like a lazer beam drilling down, way down, all the way down to the very center of the Earth.
The center looks like a brilliant, fiery crystal.
This is Gaia's heart, Her Kundalini.
When the beam hits the centre, it sparks an explosion.
It sparks a volcano of light from the fiery crystal.  
The volcano comes rushing, up, up, up, roaring back up, back up through the earth, and back into your feet.  
You feel the extreme heat of the energy flow into your feet, exploding the Chakra of light in your center into star bright radiance, glowing, growing, brighter than you can imagine.
The Chakra grows larger into an oval bigger than you.
Energy shoots out the top of your head like an umbrella shaped fountain, sun drops roll down to describe the oval.
That is the perimeter of your aura, two feet above your head and three feet below your feet making it an eggshell, complete and sealed against all harm.
It is a force field of energy defining your personal boundary.
Some of the light keeps going up, keeps going back up, way up, up to where it came from, up there.
The light above you responds with more light.
You feel it coming back down like soft warm rain on your shoulders.
Your center is fed and charged by the light flowing through you, down and up, up and down.  
The energy flowing throughout your body increases in brilliance, bigger and brighter
to fill the whole oval of your aura completely.
Feel yourself as a sphere of light, hanging on a brilliant thread of sunlight energy, connected with the Earth and the Sun.  
Each end of the thread connects to each other throughout your body.
You can feel the energy flowing both ways.
Fire rises and water flows down.
You can feel it flow through you and surround you.
Hold this mental image clearly, as bright and clear as you can make it.  
Make an internal request for it to stay that way.
Snap your fingers and lock the request into your mind.  
Your unconscious will now maintain the light circuit while you do other things.
You are now grounded.

How do you feel?
Do you notice:
the complete absence of negative, limiting, or fearful thoughts?
The relaxation and sense of well being?
The tingling of the soles of the feet and fingertips, like they have had a massage?
The sensation of lightness of being?
The sense of being fully present in the Now?
These are the signs of being grounded into Universal Source."

Note:  The file is encoded in Ogg Vorbis format.  I know for a fact that Winamp can play the file and that Nero can decode it to burn to a CD.  If you have problems though, do a google for Ogg Vorbis Codec and you should find what you need.
8  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Don't try this meditation! on: July 27, 2005, 19:06:28
Okay, just as an experiment, I recorded my own first attempt at the technique and discovered that to get the vibrations into my forehead it required a tone of 1147.16Hz but that it also varied on up 1180.00Hz.  Not knowing which one produced the right frequency I just created a sound that fluctuated between the two.  Just by playing the noise over the loudspeakers and concentrating on my third-eye or brow chakra eye could feel sensations there.  It also produced rippling in my vision (reported by another user).

According to BWGEN (which I used to produce the file) by creating binaural beats you stimulate the brain more.  Binaural beats are supposedly more dramatic when using headphones vs. loudspeakers.  Give both a try.

You can download the file here.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Note:  You will need to be able to play Ogg Vorbis file formats on your PC to be able to listen to this.  I know for a fact that WinAMP can play the file and Nero can decode it for burning it to a CD-ROM.  If you are unable to play the file, do a google for Ogg Vorbis Codec and you should find everything necessary.
9  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Don't try this meditation! on: July 27, 2005, 18:19:37
This thread has been very enlightening, I have yet to try any of the techniques on the site, but I wanted to test something.

According to what I have read so far, the chakras and energy points that are located throughout the body all resonate at a particular frequency.  If you can use your mouth to replicate these frequencies then the frequency will replicate throughout your body and keep your body in tune with the particular chakra that you are trying to manipulate.  Now, I would suspect that since chakras tend to be a rather universal truth, the frequencies at which the chakras resonate would be universal as well.  Now comes the problem with our physiological differences.  Not everybody's chant will produce the same frequency.  The people that have overwhelming success with these techniques must be able to naturally produce the frequencies required to tune their body into the frequencies of their chakras while those that have no success must be "out of tune" so-to-speak.

Therefore, what I was wondering was that if the people who have success chanting their bodies in tune with their chakras would record the EXACT sound they create while performing the meditation.

If all the chant is doing is synchronizing the resonating frequency of the body with that of the chakra, then the sound could be digitally reproduced at the EXACT frequency, played over loudspeakers and viola, body is in tune with chakra.

Also, my second thought with this would be that people to try to chant at the same frequency that is being played over the loudspeaker if replicating the frequency is simply not enough.

So please, if you've had success, record the sound you make while chanting, contact me, and I will digitally replicate the frequency you are hitting and then release an mp3 or ogg file so we can all test it together.
10  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: July 26, 2005, 01:04:47
Hello, this is my first post here, so hello everyone!  wink

Anyway, the Boxed Nirvana "song" is very interesting, to say the least.  I was just wondering how exactly the whole idea is put into work.  When I took physics, the phenomena you hear when two notes are similar was called "beats".  Basically, the whole idea of the BrainWave Generator is to generate beats and force your brain to interpret them.  I decided to test exactly how music that has been altered in the same way affects a person so I altered Pink Floyd's Great Gig in the Sky so that in the left ear the whole song is played 4.1% of an octave lower than normal and in the right ear the whole song is played 4.1% of an octave higher than normal.  This produces some interesting results to say the least.

I am hoping for unbiased, "un-placebo" (for lack of a better term) influenced reactions.

The same as with Boxed Nirvana, headphones are advised for the listening experience.

You can download the file at http://www.phunkploid.com/Gig_in_the_sky_braintease.ogg

Note:  The song is encoded in Ogg Vorbis format.  I know for a fact that Winamp can play the song and that Nero can decode it to burn to a CD.  If you have problems though, do a google for Ogg Vorbis Codec and you should find what you need.
Pages: [1]