The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 20, 2017, 19:08:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: New perspectives on intimacy in dreams on: Today at 05:31:16
It appears that many of us have (had) various degrees of difficulty with the sex issue, myself included. I think that there are several variations off the central issue, that may pertain to some but not others.

I wonder that the sexual desire response is part of what I read as the "Big Three" emotions that we have to learn to properly control in order to gain access to 'deeper/higher' levels of the Non-Physical Realms; it certainly seems to be confirmed in much of the literature. These "Big Three" emotions consist of Fear, then Sexual Desire, then Anger in its various forms...(maybe beginning with impatience or frustration). I have just finished a book on Dream Yoga as well as a second read-through of Kurt Leland's The Unanswered Question, both of which put heavy reliance into the importance of "purging" these 3 emotions as much as possible while still in the Physical Realm, in order to minimize our possible mis-perceptions and distractions in the Afterlife. The question of 'purging' and its possible importance to our efforts is a topic for another discussion.

The Fear impulse is encountered almost immediately, as Lumaza pointed out, in the inability to feel secure in 'just letting go' and letting your NP focus take you away from the Physical. The Fear impulse also rears its ugly head rather quickly in most early Sleep Paralysis episodes. Once you are in a NP environment, any confusion or mis-interpretation of a situation can also result in the Fear impulse being activated. Step by step, this all takes time to overcome and gain control. And just about the time you are getting control of your Fear, the Sexual impulse shows up!

It is just my speculation, but my experience and my reading seems to confirm that the Sexual impulse may be strongly increased by the idea of an 'etheric' OBE being somewhat powered by activation of the Root/Sacral Chakra, at least during an initial period of etheric explorations. As our experiences progress, possibly into what is the astral body, this 'powering' appears to transfer into the Heart Chakra area and later to the Throat or Brow/3rd Eye. I can only speak from my own experiences, but as my OBEs moved from RTZ/etheric, I noticed a significant lessening in Root activation and sexual excitement, and more excitation of the Heart area (the rapid heartbeat/the chest pressure).

Now- This is the central issue I wished to introduce an idea about- ThaomasOfGrey asks the very reasonable question about why he seems to be 'stuck' in his experiences by the Sex issue? Is it an 'either/or' proposition of...let's just say 'astral promiscuity'? Can he or can't he? Should he or shouldn't he? Is it a moral issue, either personal or communal?

My point is, and my suggestion is that this may be the wrong question. The question may be about your ability to display control of these 3 basic human emotions. Simply put, the NP doesn't allow you to move beyond a certain point until you've shown a certain degree of mastery over these emotions; for instance, they see no point in letting you run around the astral getting freaked out (Fear) by everything; or trying to have (Sex) with every entity you run into; or getting into hostile confrontations, thinking everything has to be a fight (Anger). Add subtleties and stir...

I was fortunate enough to stumble onto the answer of the Sexual impulse issue early on while reading Monroe's first book 'Journeys...', because he had a frustrating difficulty with this. Leland also appears to have had some difficulty with it, as have some notable explorers here at the Pulse. I solved the issue only several years ago and almost by accident; but then I realized the answer. And the answer isn't a permanent one. Like repeating Fear tests, the NP seems to throw each of these tests at us from time to time, maybe like pop-quizzes, lol. And I still fail from time to time.

The answer, I think, is something Stillwater alluded to- maybe... The Middle Way.

It's not an either/or question; there is a third option, a subtle distinction, but nonetheless a significant one. You don't accept the sex but you also don't deny it; you choose to defer.

Sex would be great but maybe another time; just not now; I have other plans.

In my experience, making this choice alters the current situation without shutting it down and allows the experience to continue in another direction.

2  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: October 06, 2017, 07:42:48
Love the stories Selski!

#98 I can comment on...

Many of my very low-level awareness dreams deal with a degree of frustration in trying to locate things in various environments, mostly houses or buildings which seem familiar, but either the environment or the 'thing' to be located is continually morphing or changing beyond my ability to keep up with it, hence a certain frustration.

With regard to #98, I had this dream back in June-

Early morning, 3 dreams in succession, I forgot the first one and the third was also somehow lost...the second went like this-

I was in a hotel, primarily the lobby area, very fancy and plush, looking for something...very low level awareness...I marched from one end of the lobby to the other, not finding what I expected and growing more frustrated...

At some point, I passed a woman sitting on a couch with a leopard resting next to her. As I turned back to re-trace my steps, the leopard bit me on my left arm and we stood there, immobile, staring at one another. I had a moment of fear but then realized I was NP; there was a bit of pain which startled me; but I was stuck...dealing with these incongruities..

I stared at the leopard , the moment not shaking me, and sent forth a feeling of warmth and love...it's bite relaxed for a moment.

This resulted in the leopard somehow increasing in size ten-fold...now my entire torso and head was within its mouth, its fangs gently but firmly biting into my back below my shoulder blades and the front teeth dug in beneath my rib-cage... this did cause me a bit of concern, a bit of physical concern but also something more energetic...

I did the only thing that the NP has taught me as a last resort, and that was to communicate as much 'love' as I was capable of at the moment...and the 12 foot tall leopard released its' bite on me...and I awoke...

EV

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Back At It & Hurdles To Work Through on: October 05, 2017, 05:22:35
SCHMUSTIN, you are quite welcome! Thank you for the kind words and I am gratified that some of what I can share may be of benefit to your endeavors.

Okay, so you are continuing to set your 'intent' for dream recall and keeping a journal when appropriate; that is all good.

They do let you fly around and have fun for awhile...but eventually they do expect you to settle down and get to work for the 'greater community', at least that was MY take on it.

Another aspect to consider is the fact that you do have a family to take care of, and presumably, a day job. These should be your over-riding priorities and will necessarily re-schedule your NP activities. The key is in finding a balance.

When I read back over your earlier posts, it is clear that you have experienced a broad spectrum of hypnogogic and 'exit' sensations. Whether you recognize it now or sometime later, this is a great wealth of information and experience that you now already have. It does appear to be relatively normal that many people at this point hit a roadblock of sorts and a scarcity of experiences. That does happen from time to time. The reasons could be many, and some have been discussed. I hit similar roadblocks of nearly a year, at times; just a bit frustrating...

Part of these delays may have to do with a kind of 'internal processing' that needs to take place. At times, I have experienced evidence of that, other times I am still left wondering...

If your 'true intent' is 90% soul development and 10% fun, then I really have no argument with that and I don't think that the NP is any stricter than that; after all they apparently enjoy enough good jokes at my expense, it seems lol! One rule of the NP appears to be a good appreciation for irony and puns...

After all, what is good about an infinite universe without room for a few good puns, jokes and ironic plot twists?

Another thought: Alcohol and drugs will kill or distort any possible experience, so stay away if you can; if not, then don't be surprised at the lack...

Just to clarify- When you do a short mantra or an affirmation; it should be present tense and declarative, no negative words allowed. No 'can't, won't, will not...', also nothing in the future tense- 'I will, I should...' your subconscious operates like a very basic computer and responds best to 'present tense' clear orders...nothing complex, just simple statements...

Also, you might need to let go the idea of having a direct, conscious projection for now. I tried unsuccessfully for 20 years to do that. I eventually realized that my initial successes were after short periods of sleep after giving myself affirmations/instructions. The direct projections only occurred later, and still somewhat inconsistently...
So after giving yourself instructions, let yourself fall asleep and expect those 'lucid, wake-up' experiences. Don't agitate, don't aggravate...just 'set your intent' and go to sleep...when the time is right, your 'higher self' will reward you with the appropriate experience. Trust in that.

A good default affirmation: "Please grant me the next experience that will benefit my spiritual growth."

Hope this helps.

EV

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Back At It & Hurdles To Work Through on: October 04, 2017, 04:55:52
We discussed this a bit back in March; I withheld several ideas back then, not wanting to confuse the issue. Since your predicament remains, I will now offer them.

1- You have never mentioned a Dream Journal or your efforts to remember your dreams. This is a key component of initial NP awareness and a basic method for its development. If you are not putting in the time and effort to do this, then this could be a significant reason for lack of progress.

2- Communication to our Inner Selves - It may be that we have to reassure our relative safety to our subconscious self in order to gain a kind of 'permission'; it may also require a request to our higher self for a kind of permission to go exploring in the Non-Physical Realms. This can be simply done with nightly statements or short mantras 'asking for permission' or 'granting ourselves permission'...the individual language may be slightly different for each of us; we just have to explore this in our own unique ways.

3- A fundamental requirement MAY BE that at some initial point, we dedicate our spiritual education and evolution to the 'betterment of Mankind' or the idea of 'SERVICE' to our fellow sentient beings...

So, if your 'true' intent is just to experience the NP and OBE as a form of entertainment, a cool thing, a way to impress your friends, or a method to personal power, ie some selfish reason...then you will likely not be assisted, maybe even resisted by those on the other side.

I have read from many others and my own experience has confirmed that, at some point, an open and sincere declaration of my willingness to be part of, and to contribute to the progress of our general spiritual welfare is a proper and necessary thing.

This has to be sincere. 

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Vibration/or like a buzsaw buzzing on: September 27, 2017, 04:53:02
Hello skylark!

Welcome to the Pulse! Sorry we missed your initial post; it apparently disappeared into the black hole of a busy weekend.

Everything you describe is a classic Sleep Paralysis experience with Vibrations thrown in. There are a thousand variations to practically every sensation you describe, so don't get confused by trying to pin down just exactly what you felt; stick with the general categories of reported sensations.

SP can and does occur on either side of a dream; or more accurately, your awareness of it.

I would venture to say that you had been previously thinking about the OBE state, for whatever reason, and so your subconscious may have responded by making that particular awareness available to you. It is, usually, a kind of 'wake-up call'...then again, it does sort of happen by accident from time to time...

So, in your case, this might be a good start...

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/everything_you_could_ever_want_to_know_about_sleep_paralysis-t38734.0.html

Read, enjoy, and ask any questions later...and again, welcome!
6  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight? on: September 27, 2017, 04:33:13
Nameless and Selski-

Both of you, seem to me, a bit more successful in the final phase of what appear to be retrievals; I prefer reading your 'conclusions' rather than my own...but this one was maybe close enough, but I still left it feeling a bit 'incomplete'...

A little further consideration of the auction symbolism makes me think of how 'transactional' our life experiences are. So maybe that was the point of the auction discussion and imagery.

Nameless-

The lights going out, the power going off, the computer re-booting, a simple mis-placed keystroke...all of it serving to delete a response or post I had been working on...yeah, that happens... huh...it seems to be the territory we are traveling through...I just learned to accept the obvious synchrony...the NP editorial staff? grin
7  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight? on: September 23, 2017, 05:47:37
Nameless, I always enjoy a toss-around of ideas with you; it's what I am looking for...plus any ideas from anyone else...it is all a form of learning...

The subtle parts, the intricacies...they require more than one night's consideration...and often, more than a single post.

In such a low-level awareness experience, certain realizations occur real-time, but others do not. It is interesting to see the progress my NP personality is making. I feel a much greater confidence than even a year ago. In the final cafeteria scene, I still feel that I somehow came up short in helping her, but my instinctive awareness ran out of options.

It stinks in the sense that those moments are so brief, a few seconds at most...and then the scene fades...

To clarify, I did have these particular realizations-

In Scene 1, I did have a subtle awareness that the bus dropping us off at our destination was a sign of moving through the NP to an area of the Astral Dream Zone or a Simulation area. However, I was confused by why we were arriving at an auction once I realized it was just shutting down. The interesting bright orange car may have been a 'distraction test' or to keep my attention to the next phase of where we might be headed. Not sure. It may have been also an indicator of my level of dreaming (Level 6 according to K. Leland- sensing color and taste).

Scene 2 certainly gave me a choice of different paths. I was vaguely aware that my choices would dictate which way my awareness would go: Higher, lower, or a middle path...I wonder how different it would have been had I decided on the 'grand, narrow, staircase into the blue sky' versus the middle path I chose (which was in deference to my companion's comment [which calls for a whole different avenue of speculation]). Again, it seems like there is only a second or two to make the choice...indecision has taught me that it is an instant kick-out...

I think that I could have handled the huge number of stair-steps...the height-issue may have been a real problem.

Very frustrating. An instant feedback form of justice...you just have to 'go with the flow' as best you can at the time...and quickly...

The cafeteria scene I got lost in trying to understand the menu and missed out on the fact of an 'Instructor' showing up as a waitress...a scene within Leland's books and some of my favored StarGate episodes. I was stuck between two menu items, #5 and #6...two sub-sandwiches I liked, I was actually reading and understanding the ingredients, when these silly cardboard wafers were presented to us, complicating the scene (distractions).

So the waitress decided my choice for me...the scene shifted and I was dealing with what may have been a lost soul, stuck in her own personal BST. How was I supposed to know that, within an instant scene change?

Her thought that nothing of value was to be found from her numerous visits to auctions throughout her life brought forth a response from me that I communicated mentally as, " It is not the physical things that you gain from an auction but the value of what you derive from them; it is the experiences themselves, as well.".

I had maybe a 25% understanding that this was now a rescue/retrieval...again, from a very low-level of NP awareness...then her complaint morphed into a concern for my mother for a moment...I shook that off...and my only response could be, "How can I help you?"

Then the little guy stepped in...which was unexpected on my part...and I think that I got the translation screwed up initially. The 'gymnastics' was a mental form of question...not just for me, but anyone involved, including him...that is an indication of the dexterity involved...

Again and again and again...I just come away realizing how tricky, complicated, damnably frustrating and terribly wonderful this all is

8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of Frank Kepple? on: September 23, 2017, 04:17:37
Kudos to Volgerle for an excellent abbreviated summary of FK's contributions. Frank offered a valuable condensation of the NP experience into 4 basic areas of Focus. His descriptions of NP experience were both confirming and illuminating.

Kudos especially to Xanth for putting in the time to gather all Frank's posts into one accessible source. I remember  wink
9  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / What's on the Menu for Tonight? on: September 22, 2017, 08:28:32
Often for me, a NP experience needs a few weeks to coalesce, to condense into a story I can relate in what feels a trustworthy and authentic form. Some aspects, some ideas just need additional time to sort of percolate; I don't wish to mislead or mis-interpret for the reader or myself; I have learned to trust the need for that delay and not to simply rush forward and post something new.

In this case, two realizations came forward: One about an old experience and one about this particular experience, possibly...

This experience-

August 24, 2017   Thursday-early morning-

Not much sleep last night, surprising by getting a final hour of sleep that I am treated to this low-awareness LD, a 3-part adventure.

Scene 1- Several of us are dropped off from a bus at a large outdoor auto auction. We make our way to the main auction block as I make conversation about how these kinds of auctions operate to the Indian/Asian fellow following me. He carries a staff (which vaguely makes me aware that he is a guide) and responds in a neutral manner to my commentary. The auction is ending just as we arrive at the auction block, a unique and beautiful bright orange US domestic convertible, circa 1950's with flared fenders is just exiting and driving back to the storage lots; it is especially appealing to me; I watch it closely as it is driven off into one of the storage lots.

Fade out/fade in  

Scene 2- With the auction ended, we are challenged with multiple paths back to the main parking lots. The first path is an incredible stone stairway that arcs high up into a clear blue sky, some three hundred steps upward and over, with a handrail to the left side but a terrible fall of hundreds of feet off to the right. The hundreds of steps doesn't bother me but the height is a minor issue. My 'guide' says no way to the distance or the height, so I search for alternatives. To my immediate right is a series of dark and descending tunnels, which I trust can get me to the parking lots (transition areas) but I instinctively know these can be troublesome with uncertain distractions and possibly get us lost. My mind rationalizes/creates an alternative and I immediately perceive a set of double-swinging doors, which I know will take us to the main atrium of the auction house, whereby we can simply walk out the "front door".

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3a- My 'guide' and I are now seated at a table in a cafeteria; the female server hands us menus but he seems unfamiliar so it is an opportunity for me to prattle on about just how the menu is arranged, but of course, my awareness is hovering around a 3 or 4 (scale of 10).The server places 4 cookie-sized cardboard wafers before us that describe the various breads available. This is initially confusing and a bit comical as I push each one toward my companion offering him to try each card-board delicacy. I am still trying to read my menu and make a lunch choice but the numbers are confusing. Then it seems that I am required to pencil the number of my choice on a selection card and I am struggling to turn a 5 into a 15, when the lady server steps up (an Instructor likely) and declares, " It looks like you are getting a 6.", very clearly and unceremoniously...which I suddenly realize is the Level of Dream I am going to get...

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3b- I am in a similar cafeteria, much more hospital-like, maybe a secured, elder-care, dementia ward; my sub-sandwich on a plate in front of me and a strange, older woman seated opposite me. She is babbling almost incoherently, and taking pieces off her sandwich- slices of baloney, pepperoni, tomato, lettuce- and placing them on my plate one by one...she doesn't want these...I am a bit bothered by these actions...I am not sure how to respond to the situation...

I am unclear as to what is going on, still being in a fairly low-level awareness, but I know her difficulty is now the central issue. She reminds me for a moment, of my concern for my aging mother's possible eventual senility, so that is a distraction momentarily. She says to me, "It hasn't been worth it if we haven't found anything of value in all these antique fairs; not me, not you, your brother or your daughter..!"

Antique auctions have no relation to my family, and I don't have a daughter, so this realization allows me some psychological distance from her issues...so I ask her 'How can I help you?' 'What is wrong?' Unfortunately, this does not get a response, as she lowers her head into her folded arms to begin an uncontrollable sobbing, and I continue asking how I can help...

As her head lowers, two children are revealed to be standing behind her. The image is a 10 year old girl, putting on a winter-jacket, backwards onto her 8 year old brother...arms first, backwards...it doesn't make any obvious sense to me, at first...

The boy is looking at me very directly as his sister puts the jacket on him, and says matter-of-factly, "Gymnastics."

I say back to him- "You or me?"

He says, "Maybe both..."

Fade out

..................a dear friend turned me onto the rather esoteric idea of "the surgical astral team"...a group of rather short, chubby dudes, kind of a WW1 surgical team that responds to these issues...it took a few weeks to realize that the picture of a little sister putting a winter coat backwards onto a little brother may have been a simple mis-interpretation of one of the little "guys" being suited up in the appropriate surgical garb to take on a retrieval...

Always wondering...

10  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:24
That is an excellent insight catmeow! Yes, very possibly a "loop". And Selski provided what Frank would call an "interrupt" to break the cycle of thought that was trapping him.

Selski, I will write that LD out shortly...still some concepts sorting themselves in this one for me. I guess I should also start an "experience" journal here and collect my more notable ones...
11  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Lucid dreaming's the way? on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:32
This is an excellent topic to have brought up baro-san, thank you for this!

The focus of my thought and research over the last couple of years has gradually concentrated ever more on this exact question: When we each pass on to the Afterlife, what will our 'awareness' consist of? And how hard should we be working on this 'side' to possibly strengthen that awareness while we still have time?

The question finally sort of coalesced for me the last few months- Will my awareness in the 'Afterlife' be more like my present waking awareness, more like my dreaming awareness, or some combination of the two? I think we may take it for granted that we will automatically have some kind of combined or greater awareness, but that seems increasingly a doubtful or circumstantial outcome to me.

Apparently, the manner of death may greatly affect the outcome; that certainly seems plausible.

So, I agree that the pursuit of Lucid Dreaming...the idea of developing the NP Personality, seems of increasing importance. Thank you for the reco on Muddy Tracks, I will have to order that one. The possible fact that a TMI experiencer got caught out may be indicative of just how problematic the situation can be.

I recently finished Holecek's  'Tibetan Dream Yoga' book...excellent. I am now working through my second reading of Kurt Leland's 'The Unanswered Question' which is directly discussing this exact subject. Sadly, it is out of print and only available on the used book market, but I think it is exceptionally good and relevant. Kurt compares the Egyptian Book of the Dead along with the Tibetan Book of the Dead, along with his own experiences and other references. Here are two distinct cultures that each considered this exact question, and found it important enough to record techniques for advising a soul in how to navigate the Afterlife...

Again, it all points back to the importance of recording our dreams and striving to become more aware within them.

And of course, balancing that within our Physical life.

12  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: September 13, 2017, 07:05:59
No problem, you have plenty of experiences to keep you busy...great stuff!
13  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Illuman's Dream Journal on: September 11, 2017, 07:09:07
Right from the start, you are making a great observation and asking a difficult question, lol. Yes, there is no 'ultra noob guide'...it is rather 'all sort of mixed pieces'...I keep meaning to do one...sometime...

A few reasons might be that it is such a vast and unknowable subject, it would rival the Encyclopedia Britannica (does anyone even remember what that was/is? smiley), and most knowledgeable practitioners are reluctant to describe the parameters of such a subject that is so dependent on an individual's experience, perspective and interpretation...so you get 'mixed pieces'...plus most of us do have day jobs... wink

So I will recommend some 'pieces' that more or less reflect my current thinking.

I guess that it comes down to 2 aspects to consider: What do you expect to experience? And what will you experience or are experiencing? Our reluctance to describing the experience comes down to not wanting to limit or direct what might be your personal experience because that may take many possible forms; some of which may not resemble mine in any way.

To attempt to state the process in general terms and as a starting point- The OBE or Out of Body Experience should be re-stated as a changing of the Focus of your Awareness from Physical Reality (PR) to somewhere else, meaning Non-Physical Reality (NPR). You have already done this thousands of times quite naturally in the forms of Dreaming and Daydreaming. It is 're-focusing' away from the Physical perspective (PR). As simple as it seems, most of us don't realize the extent to which we can train and increase this ability. You already have a reservoir of dream experiences to remember, some of which you may find are more indicative of NP Reality than you first imagined. This is why the Dream Journal is so important.

Okay, so there are dreams and daydreams...so what? What do they offer?

By exercising this ability, it gets better. Your dreams become more lucid, which means you increase your awareness within them. These are Lucid Dreams. Then a shift occurs and you realize someone or something is challenging you to learn new skills. And you get some adventures along the way...You may recognize that certain childhood dreams were actually early examples of this educational process (yes, I said educational, implying school...it seems we never leave, lol). In some cases, you interact with aspects of yourself, your subconscious; other times you can meet sentient beings...yes they are actually out there (or in there). It is quite a shock when someone actually contacts you.

Your daydreams may become forms of visualization which are new forms of exercise or techniques to help you re-focus into NP realms.

So what do the other techniques offer and where do they take you?

Of course, nearly everyone wants to stay in control, from beginning to end of an experience...but frankly, for most, that only comes later. The resistance to disconnecting the awareness/consciousness from the physical body either comes naturally for a few or takes some time to learn. Usually a brief period of unconsciousness is required, but that's okay. So just let it happen if that's the way it needs to happen.

Whether it is a specific visualization technique or a meditative technique, I find that either of these is best applied within the context of a WBTB or Wake, Back To Bed technique. You get the additional ease of the natural sleep/disconnect process. Early morning wake-ups can be good, afternoon naps can sometimes be miraculous! Again, this is one of those personal things; it may work for you but not for me.

So the "classic" idea of an OBE can become a bit obsessive, the idea that you lie down, relax and float out of your physical body like a ghost and go wandering about the Earth Plane. Well, that can and often does happen, especially in the early stages; but no one should get hung up and obsessed with having that particular experience for a number of reasons. If it happens that way, then great! But it will change to something else eventually. Or it may start out as something else completely, like a Lucid Dream or an outright Phasing.

Here's how I opened the subject with another member-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_members_introductions/hello_from_switzerland-t45993.0.html

Xanth provides an excellent compilation of ideas that would be part of the 'comprehensive NOOB guide[ drats-the link doesn't work but you can access it from the 3rd Board]
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/xanths_free_60_page_book_“my_astral_projection_truth”-t32983.0.html

And Szaxx provides further context and specificity- This has over a hundred subtle yet exact particulars and nuances describing the NP process-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html

And PR has a pretty classic primer here- it also points out a hard fact that you have to often work hard at something unsuccessfully until the answer occurs to you in a most obvious fashion-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/how_i_got_out_for_the_first_time-t30942.0.html

All that should give both a headache and load your subconscious with plenty of data to look for in your early experiences...

Enjoy, take two aspirin and call us in the morning... grin

EV

14  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Illuman's Dream Journal on: September 11, 2017, 02:15:32
Nice work!

I hope it is immediately apparent how responsive your subconscious/inner self/higher self/whichever was to your 'intent' and the inner instructions you gave yourself by having and remembering these dreams. It isn't always this easy but this is a great start!

A Dream Journal is a great idea for several reasons.

Your desire for a specific type of experience is important and the idea that you have already stated, 'simply to contact guidance and experience the next best experience for your learning' is a great general form of INTENT, which you will come to learn is a central component to any experience/adventure.

A great exercise to begin at this point is the use of Affirmations to learn how easy and straight-forward it can be to communicate messages to your 'inner self'. Keep it simple, like basic programming for a simple computer, and choose one or two simple, positive phrases to repeat to yourself both during the day and as you go to bed.

"I remember my dreams and experiences every night."
"I become aware during my dreams."
"I wish to have contact with 'guidance' tonight."
"I wish to have the next experience that is best for my evolution."
"I am safe and protected always and during my dreams and adventures."

Come up with your own, word it your own way, keep it simple and positive. This works well generally for most people and very well for some. It is a great default technique when other techs seem to not work.

EV
15  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Introduction on: September 11, 2017, 01:46:05
Welcome to the Pulse Illuman,

Like Nameless said, there is plenty of information here to get you started, especially the high-lighted 'blue stickies' at the top of each board. Study a little and then feel free to ask any specific questions.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what do I do during the 3D blackness? on: September 06, 2017, 06:45:48
The truth is- you are already projected; you have shifted your focus into a NP Non-Physical dimension.

The 3D Void or Blackness is an area that can be found just beyond the exit point, wherever you may find it; it can also be a point of re-organization located close within an area where a variety of NP experiences may have occurred that you find yourself returning from.

You may notice just blackness, maybe also some stars or points of light. Also some textural feel or depth, a certain 3 dimensional feel...

This can be simply an area to relax for awhile...take as long as you wish...just be...

If you find yourself still within the 3D blackness at some point, and the thought occurs to you, then let that thought take you to an experience that you desire...express your 'intent'...

This is how it works...
17  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: September 05, 2017, 05:43:30
A good experience and well-handled from an instinctive level. Nicely done Selski!

I think that any time the plot is that involved and somewhat seamlessly shifting through various settings and a variety of even seemingly minor challenges, that it is likely a simulation. Going with the flow appears to be the rule and you did that well, especially not even batting an eyelash at the underwater challenge, lol. Hat tip.

My own dreams/adventures have over the last year or more taken a similar form, a noticeable increase in the low awareness/instinctive type. I have noticed two forms so far: The long, continuous narrative through various but related settings; and the other type involving a series of fade-outs and fade-ins between related scenes, each with its' particular challenge.

A few other consistencies I will offer for the NP mind to look for-

Clear, bright sunshine and blue sky likely indicates peak lucidity for a given environment. Dark skies, not so much.

Any time and in any manner that you are ascending or descending (stairs, hills, elevators, caverns) is [often] an indication of change in lucidity/awareness (either by your own doing or the simulation allowing/forcing the condition upon you as part of the test).

Any time you are on a bus, train, subway and often even in a car, is an indication that you are 'moving' in consciousness to another area of the NPR, likely somewhere in the Dream or Simulation Zones. This often appears to be the case.

What 'they' tell you can be misleading, in order to test for a reaction, or it could be subtle advice. Indeed, they are tricksters!

Little figurines occur with a certain frequency that is interesting; they almost always seem to be sneaky little devices to distract us!

Dreams where you utilize the senses of taste or smell are specific little tests of our ability to engage other levels of Dream Awareness (eg. Level 5 in Leland's Otherwhere, IIRC). 2nd and 3rd person perspective, higher cognitive functioning, making a change in the environment are other examples. You likely did a number of these...

I wonder that the festival, country fair, fairgrounds, big tent, big building is our representation of the energy structure that Leland calls the Dream Zone or a sub-zone such as the Simulation Zone, another subtle indicator to let us know where we are. My sense of 'navigation' within the NP is starting to confirm this concept for me.

Just last week, I had a low-awareness dream involving several of these- First, a bus dropped us off at an outdoor auction; then we were trying to find a path back to the parking lot, either dark tunnels or a staircase that disappeared into a crisp blue sky, or through the doors into the main building; then a lunch scene where I was deciding between menu item #5 or #6 (Dream Levels), (with the waitress interrupting saying, "Looks like you're having a 6."); then the #6 Dream itself which may have involved a retrieval and a little kid (trickster) muttering advice only Confucious would understand, lol.

It keeps the nights entertaining!

18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 25, 2017, 04:08:18
"Understand you and perhaps sway you", no, I don't think so sadly...you don't appear to be open to changing your opinion. Okay, your choice.

My last thought to you Plasma is this, maybe the noble course is to experience your physical decline and allow the opportunity for your family/friends to deal with it as best they can, in the manner they choose to support you through this period...just maybe that is the more difficult, yet more noble choice...it is a tough thing, I grant you that; I will face my own version likely in several years...

-------------------------------------------

Visitor-

Your opening insights were quite welcome, insightful and intriguing...now you are moving to insistence and arrogance. You might back off a bit; confidence is welcome, more maybe not so.

You might allow us our astral playtime pens. If you have perspective beyond this, then you should also have the responsible perspective that necessarily goes along with that, to allow us to be where we presently are. The fact that you don't automatically recognize this tells me a lot.

Please refer to posters by their proper names; the fact that you missed two is sadly indicative of your disdain and disregard. Maybe just a simple mistake; in your case, probably not.

I have always had a problem with this one- "Money is the root of all evil."

No, the proper translation should be "The love of money is the root of many evils." It is the "love" of many things, all things that lead to power. The love of power over others...accumulation of money is the most immediate method...money is just a form of exchange, a form of convenience... The over-love of money is the same as greed, avarice; a basic unbalance of any form of emotion/desire in the Physical.
Funny how it goes from biblical to fundamental...

19  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:50
Wow! Great retrieval interpretation Selski! You have just confirmed that it can occur on a purely instinctive NP level! Nicely done!

There is so much to un-wrap here, I wish I was better at pulling quotes...

I love the 'nudging process'!...I give a nudge, you give a nudge, then Stillwater, catmeow and then T-Man...before you know it, we have all instinctively moved forward somehow and maybe learned something...

'Dream nostalgia'...that was a good call! Think about the various PR emotions we are re-introduced to within our NPR experiences...fear, anger, sexual desire...those are the biggies...then we get introduced to more subtle energies like various forms of nostalgia, fondness, regret, disappointment, hope!...

Selski, your dream recall is amazing and I think the sheer number is indicative that you are learning and advancing on such subtle levels that you may have previously been unaware. My only advice can be to just encourage it and let it unfold as it naturally seems to be happening.

What you are learning and thereby teaching us is just how 'natural' and 'organic' learning is at this point. We don't and won't always understand the dream symbology...maybe the next day, maybe a week later...the key may be to just simply 'trust' that the learning is happening at a very 'instinctive, internal level'...just let it complete itself in it's own way.

"WHAM! -Retrieval jumped into my mind"...yeah, that's how the revelations hit you at this point...it is frustrating, then BAM, the realization hits...

The Glass woman...could be her name, but the first read I had was maybe that describes her 'fragility'...?

If you choose to contact him, you might defer by saying that you 'thought' you were an old school friend and could be mistaken...that may buy you a convenient exit.

Finally, I hope that you suspect to a certain degree that these experiences are showing wonderful progress in the development of your NP personality, a subject that I expect may be of increasing interest to you.

More to come, I'm sure...
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 23, 2017, 05:45:08
I think that it is a bad idea for several reasons.

1- It is not, as you think, totally legal. You would be committing willful fraud against an insurance company, despite it's disclaimers. You have, in fact, declared your intent to do that here. With some due diligence, their lawyers might learn this through discovery and therefore argue to void your estate's claim.

2- A $10 million dollar policy would no doubt put your family through a year or more of litigation of the claim, potentially costing them thousands...the pain and suffering that might involve for them?

From a possibly more spiritual perspective-

3- Why would you suppose that you know better than each individual member of your family, what their choice for this incarnation might involve? Maybe they did actually choose the lives they are currently in...and they have no need, nor desire for someone to shove substantial wealth upon them? To possibly complicate things more than they already are for them?

Do you ascribe that power and that right to yourself?

4,5,6 etc- A choice resulting in a difficult personal karmic path...

It doesn't come across to me as an unselfish or noble act...actually more the opposite.

In my own experience, I know how difficult it can be. I hope you take some time to consider alternatives and move beyond this...there is always better.

EV
21  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 17, 2017, 04:03:38
Selski-

Recently I have had a re-think about Dream Triggers/Signals. It hit me about a year ago, and the fact is that I almost never respond to a DT by becoming more lucid. I did at one point early on in my practice, and it seemed like a logical skill that would naturally improve over time; but in fact, the opposite seems to have happened.

(I was all set to speculate on there being more than one type of DT, that there are at least 2: one to trigger Lucid consciousness and another to act as a DT for our NP Personality, a kind of 'internal pivot-point'. And maybe there are more subtle aspects of the DT to explore? Both the exterior type and the interior type.)

And just as I went to type, it occurred to me -What has changed more for me over the last ten years? The nature and quality of my Dream Triggers or the nature and quality of my PR Personality and especially my NPR Personality?

My Dream Trigger has not essentially changed. Maybe there are some newer and more subtle qualities within it. But my DT is still what it has always essentially been: A Dream anomaly, an anachronism, an illogical inconsistency within the Dream storyline.

Selski -Okay, so how about this idea? The fact that you are not becoming lucid from your Dream Triggers/Signals is not because you are missing them, it is because your NP Personality has become developed enough to handle the situation by itself, without resorting to activating the conscious mind!

For me, the genesis of this idea began 3 years ago when I posed the question in my 'How to Avoid a Lucid Dream Despite Nine Easy Dream Triggers' thread in this same forum. Both Lion and Szaxx led me to the answer, and I thought I understood it at the time, but it is only now that the gestation is complete and I have now, a wider perspective. This is an example of a subject Lion, Szaxx and I have promoted discussion on that involves (for lack of a better expression) the education of the NP Personality and its importance to our overall spiritual development.

I will end with a few Szaxx quotes and paraphrases that will hopefully provoke some thinking along this specific line:

"Not taking the DT's is showing you that you do have control, this will be limited but it will be part of your NP personality showing itself instinctively."

"Progress showing itself in your subconscious mind overlapping into a conscious reality performing a necessary change."

Brackets mine-[When the NP personality can't handle the DT], 'the subconscious passes the inconsistency over to the conscious mind to deal with it' [either by becoming lucid, ending the dream altogether or waking up.]

So, maybe we don't get the same opportunities to become lucid that we once did; but this is not a reason for disappointment. This actually is a sign of how our NP Personality has developed to a point where it can better handle itself; the DT's we remember upon waking are still there, but now are signposts of a new territory we are moving into.

Gotta love this stuff!

EV

22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 17, 2017, 02:37:39
My current thinking mostly aligns with this Oversoul/Parallel Multiverse idea, however I don't think that the majority of us have the advancement necessary to reconcile the contradictions and inconsistencies into a workable worldview...which is also okay with me for now. A few have had brief glimpses of what may be parallel lives/timelines, but that only seems to beget more questions rather than answers.

I don't necessarily see irreconcilable issues with reincarnation/karma/soul development models; maybe our thinking needs to step a bit further away from strictly linear Physical Reality thinking. This has been a continuing necessity to expand my perspective throughout my own life and I don't see it stopping.

From the PR mental perspective it may seem a mind-blowing waste, but the opposite concept appears to dominate throughout the Universe, so maybe we are missing some essential bit.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How To Do Things (Powers and Abilities) In Dream (/Astral) Worlds (/Realms) on: August 08, 2017, 07:00:33
In reply to the OP, Selski expressed the fundamental requirement to any action within the Non-Physical: it requires the thought of doing it, coupled with the 'Intent' of doing it, expressed by the execution of it. It happens rather instantaneously...if unsuccessful, then you missed a component or the application. When done right, it seems very easy; when done wrong, one is left wondering why.

In my own experience, early on the 'Intent' seems of paramount importance, literally 'all of it', and it can be that simple (such as movement/navigation/transitioning); the middle maneuvers deal with emotions and overcoming them (fear, sexual desire); these require an application of forceful intent/deflection (clue!);the more complicated maneuvers (like reading someone's thoughts/impressing an idea) take some thought and construction, and then the execution of the thought may have its own nuances and requirements; and it all goes either right or wrong in an instant; you are left to wonder after the fact.

The environment/situation IS important. This is where the idea of the 'FEEL' enters into the equation. 'Do as the locals do', if it doesn't feel right when you mentally consider the option, then don't do it, consider another way. If you are continually getting kicked out of experiences in this fashion, then this should be taken as a sign that you need to understand the subtle nature of the question being offered to you, and consider an alternative. This is an example of how tough and subtle the testing is...and it can be quite frustrating.

From my last few years' experience, I can also say that this is a time of development of your Non-Physical Personality, the 'Dream You' and quite possibly the extent of consciousness you will take upon your transition into the next Reality. Simply put, do you want to go into the Afterlife with a 3rd grade education or possibly a 10th grade education, or better?

What makes you think you will automatically know more than you do now, when you transition?

What if it is less? Just a question...

24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Music on: August 04, 2017, 04:33:37
Mind Awake, Body Asleep may not be a condition that is necessarily a preceding condition, but it will need to likely follow pretty quickly after the transition; but if you manage the transition successfully, then you will not even likely notice that your physical body has entered a MABA-state. With that said baro-san is right in that the key is to not let your focus on the music interfere with getting sufficiently relaxed and close to the MABA state.

So if your focus on the music serves to get you there without interfering with that, then go for it...it may be your personal method or exit technique. Certainly something to explore.

Try different techniques, especially any that may prod your interest.
25  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:56
#6 -I agree with Nameless in that I can recall something strangely similar. The graphics do indeed help; wish I could do that.

#4 -I don't recall having this experience but it reminds me on at least a few levels of the 'translation tables' that Kurt Leland uses to describe his particular experiences. In his, he frequently describes trips on trains, subways and buses...

The '10,000 foot view' of the highway system reminds me of what Kurt describes as an overview of the transit system to the various areas of the Astral/Mental Realms (or whatever anyone prefers to refer to them as).

Then you are on a beach which can be thought of as an intermediary/boundary layer/transitional area. You are not sure how you might 'transit' the distance, hence the issue with 'footwear' and how long the journey may take.

What does the ocean represent? The 'distance' or possibly the unfathomable distance of your subconscious?

Why do you feel a need to get to the mountain? What is the meaning of Connecticut? Is it that straight-forward a pun? Connect-icut? What will reaching that mountain connect you to?

Either way, this is a great experience that gives me insight into alternatives to my own understanding. Thanks for sharing these!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 32