The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 18, 2017, 10:23:52

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Phasing just a free active imagination meditation ? on: March 18, 2017, 03:38:00
1-From my perspective, when I make the "switch", that is the moment I am actually shifting or stepping into the scene. Early on, when I was in a highly relaxed state and trying to phase from a Mind Awake Body Asleep state, I would observe a long rambling succession of small scenes (as you describe) that would gradually give way to longer sequences that would soon gain sharper focus and strengthen to the point that I felt slightly "pulled" into the scene, and this is when I would make the "switch".

Developing this part of our perception is a VERY individual thing, so all I can offer are some suggestions. If the scenes you are witnessing don't slow down, get longer and strengthen, then I wonder if you need to apply some Intent/Intention. Do you already have a destination in mind, where you want to go? A person to meet or find? A defined purpose such as asking for instruction, a lesson or an answer to a particular question?

This can be a point where if you don't have a clearly defined Intent, you remain stuck until you learn how to form the Intent, and possibly the manner to express it. The fact of the randomness of the scenes may indicate that your subconscious is just 'running random footage' because you haven't communicated what you want.

This is one of those times where the experience we get doesn't match up with our expectations. After several unsuccessful attempts, it usually means we need to look elsewhere for the answer and maybe modify our expectation.

2- The scenery appears obviously dreamlike (and self-generated)...This is very possibly true but nonetheless a good insight on your part to have recognized it as such. I would not be surprised if most of our early Phasing scenes are generated almost 100% from our subconscious minds. In my early Phasings, I thought the same thing, but with more experiences, the environments became more refined and with the situations becoming more complex and involved, leading me to re-think the ratio of subconscious versus possibly outside influence and guidance. I am open to other theories, but this is my current thinking, that as my experiences grow, the complexity grows and so does my learning.

Heck, I never wrote about it but my second or third Phasing was into a literal cartoon environment in a jungle scene with cartoon jungle animals. I lasted maybe 3 minutes before I lost the focus, it was so weird, lol.

Set your Intent, pick a scene that is offered to you and focus on it until you learn to slow it down, then let it strengthen, then step in. You're looking for quantity of experiences right now, not necessarily quality. The quality will develop as your awareness develops.

Some key concepts in there to consider.

The easiest Intent may be to visit a place, a person or maybe just ask for 'the best lesson I need at this time' and see what you get. And whatever you get, accept it and go with the flow and follow the experience trusting your instincts to respond correctly; took me awhile to realize that and keep my expectations open. Wide open. grin
52  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I'm grrla on: March 17, 2017, 03:58:26
Some projectors have ongoing contact and relationships with what they term as a Guide. I have not had a direct experience like that, but I have met what I believe are independent beings and had communications in other instances that I clearly recognized as some kind of guidance. In some of these instances it could be my Higher Self or Inner Self; I admit that I am unsure and can only remain open to a variety of possibilities.

My reference to some of the material that makes up our individual experiences seems to me to definitely get pulled from our subconscious and memory. That's why we encounter certain situations and certain characters that can serve as more intimate metaphors and insights within our experiences. It actually works really well as a finely-tuned teaching system. That's not to say it is ALL from the subconscious. As I have shared with other projectors, I have found a surprising number of similar experiences between us that points almost to a standard 'curriculum' of NP learning.

Ultimately, I look at it this way: I am not so much concerned with the how and why and where the material comes from. Every experience/environment has one or more lessons for me to learn and if I can find value in that learning then the experience is valid and worthwhile.

I hope that gives some further ideas.
53  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I'm grrla on: March 15, 2017, 23:58:13
With regard to your dreams and even these brief 'dreamlets' that occur in and around hypnogogia, any significance can really only be determined by you. Most of this material is pulled from your subconscious.

I will point out that these episodes are showing you Dream Triggers, opportunities to become lucid and turn a dream into a Lucid Dream.

HTH

I will add that paying attention to our LDs, both to the overall context and to the particulars can give us great insight into our own individual personalities and issues that need work...sometimes it can become a bit uncomfortable. On top of all that are the really fun opportunities for self-expression...
54  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 15, 2017, 04:14:31
A great tangent off Plasma's OP...

Ultimately, I think the answer is beyond the Physical Human perspective; the best we can do is arrive at a proximate answer.

I like and have considered all the perspectives offered and will add a couple more. I like Xanth's proposition from a theoretical perspective but LightBeam's view resonates better for me.

What I have learned over and over during my brief time on Earth is the wonderful and mystifyingly complex diversity of beings and perspectives available to us as Consciousness. So why shouldn't that diversity apply to our available options once we exit this PR frame of reference? I think that for some of us reincarnation is both an option and maybe a necessity. Maybe some of us are simple one-timers- we are here for this one life, then we are headed elsewhere; different lives as endlessly divergent conscious beings, both in Physical and Non-Physical environments. Some of us may return for a dip in the 'tub of Cosmic Awareness' then head out again; maybe some choose to return to the Source more permanently.

I think that it is all available to us. I think that the options available to us are much greater than we can conceive of while in our present incarnations. Apparently we did not all come from the same place and when we leave here, there are many destinations open to us.

LightBeam makes a great point about the necessity of some form of persistent personality that moves from experience to experience; otherwise what's the point of developing one in the first place? Xanth also refers to this and they both imply the essential question- how much of the 'personality' survives from life to life? And ultimately, for how long? Eternity? Half of Eternity? Or maybe a billion years from now, we do allow ourselves to blend back into that 'Sea of Consciousness'... 

It is my current thinking that much of our individual ego/personality actually does not survive...it degrades and erodes over time in the Afterlife. I think that an essential basic form of ego moves on, but honestly I'm unclear on just how much. The intrinsic 'fear' that I am left with, I think may be that part of my personal ego that 'knows' it will be lost...

This is a question that Taoism, Buddhism and other arts deal with, either directly or indirectly- the issue of arriving at a place where Ego is minimized or eliminated. The Buddhists work to create a 'body of Clear Light' that they will transfer into at death that leaves Ego and Karma behind. I don't think that means the entire destruction of the personality and its' memories, but at least a complete understanding and control of it; and therefore a huge minimization of it.

For those who have had a fair amount of Non-Physical experiences, I think that we have had a good glimpse of that state of mind. I have come to realize a very significant difference between my Physical personality and my NP personality. I'm still working on understanding the differences, but my NPR-based personality seems very much reduced in some ways compared to the Earthbound version.

As to the OP, I think racism is a natural reaction in a Physical-based world that is significantly predatory in nature. It is a survival instinct that pushes us to group together for defense with similar people, whatever that similarity may be. As a species, hopefully we learn to move beyond it. In the NP, it gradually becomes apparent that we no longer need to depend on this trait.

55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 15, 2017, 01:41:02
It is very literally, small baby-steps right now; I know because I went through it as well. It can be pretty darn frustrating. Maybe that's part of the process and teaches us some things about patience, focus and awareness. It is all part of learning the art and it never ends.

Check my response to SimplyHuman for some possible reasons why it gets so slow at this point.

The vibrations, SP and the Void...if you have experienced them, then great, file them away in your NP File; they are not necessary for any particular OBE, so don't get hung up expecting them at every or any time.

'The feeling that I should take a break...' That is a good insight to have had and maybe a sign of your inner awakening; start to pay a little more attention to this kind of personal insight. Sometimes this break is exactly what is needed...time to relax and regroup, time to consider, absorb and consolidate what we have learned...and then BANG! we get a whole new experience that takes us to the next level. Personally, I think this is a necessary function that happens also on a very subtle, energetic level that we may not be consciously aware of.

Again, I highly recommend the affirmations that I mentioned earlier. They are easy and best of all, they're free.

EV

56  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi! Can Anyone Help? on: March 15, 2017, 01:17:30
Welcome to the Pulse SimplyHuman!

Bloodshadow condensed an essential piece of advice very nicely in the first sentence- Keep your expectations to a minimum and don't depend on any specific sensations...just have confidence and go with whatever occurs.

With that said we all need 'some' idea of what to look for, so I will recommend that you check out some topics on the first 3 Boards of this Forum in each Board's blue 'sticky' section: Exit symptoms/signposts, How I Got Out For The First Time, Everything you wanted to Know about Sleep Paralysis, The Astral Blueprint, Xanth's Guide...all of this is good information to file away in your head for when the appropriate moment occurs.

Your post reads like you are making good and steady progress; it may not feel that way to you right now, but trust me, you are. It is quite normal to get stuck in a 'partial exit', to feel your legs or arms floating free, to get stuck sitting halfway out of your torso. All of these sensations can occur a few times before you make a complete exit. The fact that you are clearly observing and reporting these ocurrances, along with the split-vision tells me that you are maintaining good awareness and recall. Make sure that you are keeping a journal of your experiences; it will prove invaluable and good for some laughs a few years from now. It is fun to look back and see how awkward and clumsy our first attempts were, and it also teaches us some important lessons.

As to WHY our initial conscious attempts can be so incomplete and slow, I don't know and haven't read anything by anybody else that explains it. More than likely it is for several reasons and slightly different for each of us. There may be an 'energetic' component where we have to develop/energize a 'vehicle of consciousness', then learn how to manipulate it (wait 'til you try to walk, lol). Maybe it involves several levels of subconscious 'permission-giving' within our individual psyches. A strong likelihood is also that a fear issue must be overcome, and that fear can manifest in multiple ways, very subtle ways.

Just some ideas to kick around...whatever you are doing is obviously working so keep with that. Like my advice to SCHMUSTIN, you might add some encouraging nighttime affirmations. Either way, you are close to an exit! Have fun!

57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 14, 2017, 03:10:26
This is a good experience to have and a sign that you are continuing to make progress.

I'm not so interested in what you were viewing, but rather the way you described the experience -like sitting in a movie theater watching the big screen. Many projectors have described their early experiences in just this way, myself included. This is a particular stage in the sequence of falling asleep and, if we can maintain our awareness/lucidity, we can utilize it to reach a point where we can project or phase. So, I think it is a particularly good signpost that demonstrates two key aspects of your awareness developing: 1 -That you managed to follow it that far and 2 -that you recognized the fact. Good work!

This is a technique that requires you to maintain your awareness and observe yourself as you fall asleep. Awfully hard to do because you are naturally tired and it is so easy to simply fall asleep. I have only had success with this during a few middle of the night wake-ups, but it served to teach me the fundamentals of this process so I could recognize it when it naturally occurs.

For many of us, if not all, the process of falling asleep proceeds from a relaxation stage to a hypnogogic stage of brief, random hallucinatory bits of noises, sensations and visuals...most of this we miss on a nightly basis because we have already lost focus...when you can maintain awareness and observe the process, it is quite orderly and predictable (at least it was in my case according to what I have read -which also leads to the possibilities of prior suggestion and expectation; I remain open). The visuals move from static snapshots to kind of jumpy, black and white streaming footage, then becomes smoother and full Technicolor. If you can get this far, you just sit back and watch as the video changes from scene to scene, without getting caught up in it. At some point, the scene will stabilize and perceptibly strengthen...and then it should occur to you that you can try mentally 'stepping into' the scene. You may get bounced back once or twice, which may indicate that you need to let the scene strengthen a bit more, but finally you can just step into the scene. Stepping 'into' a scene and then realizing you are actually there 100% is one of the coolest things the first few times! It really rattles your world-view! This is Phasing.

Again, this is a good sign that your Intent is continuing to kick your awareness up a notch when you are in an appropriate place to learn something new. You might try adding a nightly affirmation to reinforce your Intent. Something like,

"I want to have an out-of-body experience and give myself permission to do so. I know that I am safe and protected."

"I want to recognize opportunities to increase my awareness in my dreams and as I fall asleep or wake up. When I dream, I become aware."

Alter or season to your taste. The key is that this kind of 'programming' is both simple and effective.

You are headed for a good adventure. I look forward to reading about it!

58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I'm grrla on: March 10, 2017, 04:04:15
Welcome grrla,

Working with the hypnogogia can be fun and frustrating!

Your experience last night makes me think that you have already progressed into a slightly more complex testing sequence. I am also unsure of the illogical nature of your first event, maybe it is just to get your attention. Ask for a clarifying experience or the next lesson, and I am confident you will get it!

A clue based on my understanding- You are wanting an OBE, but your Guide(s) may want you to explore a few preliminary tests, first...go with the tests...and you will be rewarded!

EV
59  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Riddle on: March 10, 2017, 03:53:52
Hello Riddle,

This is a good question and probably needs its own separate thread as I am sure there are plenty of variables and nuances worth considering that others could offer.

Within my own particular experiences, I have seen a gradual improvement in what I perceive to be my set of telepathic abilities.

I think that generally speaking, if you are in a Non-Physical environment, then you must be using some form of telepathy, although our individual experience of the event may involve a kind of perceptual interpretation that makes it look and feel like we are speaking, at least in some early experiences. Your own dreams may be a good example.

In my early RTZ/etheric type experiences, I really only remember a couple instances of communication and in those as I tried to verbalize, I quickly realized the result was in a telepathic/mental form.

Strangely, when my experiences progressed into a more refined, technicolor environment, which I understood as a positive progression nonetheless, my attempts at verbalization resulted in clumsy, garbled-sounding word-garbage, which elicited looks of confusion from those I was attempting to communicate with; unlike before, I didn't automatically and naturally shift into mental communication. It was as if the environment was waiting for me to make the conscious realization that I had to change my method of communication. As my experiences progressed, so did this new skill, although I still have much to learn and still have occasional setbacks.

The next steps in telepathy seemed to encompass 2 parts: The ratio of who controls the sending/receiving between two communicating entities, and the amount and quality of information being exchanged.

First, early on, the sending/receiving could sometimes be so clear and instantaneous that I thought that I really had this skill figured out; then upon further reflection it occurred to me that it probably wasn't me, rather it was the being communicating with me that had the greater understanding and therefore control of the whole process, both my sending and his/her receiving; my part may have actually been quite small. Maybe instead of my skill at 'sending', it was his/her skill at pulling the information from my mind. That's part of the learning process, in and of itself.

Second, is realizing that telepathy does not occur in a string of words that you translate in a sequential fashion, although early on your interpretation may make it seem that way. As my progress continued, the sequential words became sentences and then whole paragraphs, then a page or more of information, then combined with feelings and images. I guess that at this point it is like knowing how to speed-read. And it continues to get faster, the amount of information that your Non-Physical mind can process. At some point, the ability of the Physical mind is left behind, it simply cannot operate effectively within the NP. This is where some experienced posters such as Szaxx and Lumaza have pointed out, that at some point we need to realize that we are developing a second operative mind, a NP mind that operates within and has different abilities to be developed within the NP Reality. This is a realization that I came to as well, several years ago. It is both exciting and very challenging.

This is an ability that can be developed over time; it happens with some effort and also quite naturally and instinctively at times. When whole groups of information are formed and sent/received, they come across like word-balloons or data packets or .pdf files or 'knowings'. The really big ones contain a huge amount of information and can 'float' somewhere near your consciousness for even years before you manage to tap into them, and then they can download a torrent of information that simply makes you say, "Wow! Where did that come from?"

You asked the question about others reading your thoughts and your ability to guard your innermost thoughts...

I will preface my answer by saying this is purely my opinion based on my experiences.

First I would point out that you are thinking about this from a much more narrow, Physical Reality viewpoint, rather than the NPR point of view. As you progress in your NP endeavors, you will continue to find that you need to expand and re-appraise your thinking about these things...and this process doesn't end anytime soon, I have to do the same thing, LOL...

Your deepest, most innermost thoughts are likely available to any entity that wants to know them. The trick is, if your thoughts are of a negative/defensive/antagonistic/combative nature, then the 'higher' beings simply won't be interested in communicating with you, because your 'energy' is nowhere near aligned with them. This is where the very slight danger of encountering any possible 'negative' or harmful entities may occur, as according to the older literature. For the most part, at least in our more modern age, this warning does not apply. Raise your energy another notch and commit yourself to better thinking; that's all it takes. If you are coming from a higher energy, then the lower energy simply cannot touch you. You will run into some Fear Tests from time to time but that is all part of the fun; knock them down like snowmen! But with that said, you do need to make a truly honest appraisal of your emotional make-up, your maturity, etc. From reading your earlier posts, it does sound like you are asking reasonable questions and that you do have the temperament to do this; heck, you managed to do it with no problems when you were 4 or 5, LOL.

Another trick of the NP mind is that these slightly negative doubts just don't occur when you ARE IN the NP...

Don't worry about it; you have guides looking out for you; you are protected; go have fun!

EV
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 05, 2017, 05:24:11
SCHMUSTIN-

Okay, so being a dad with two kids probably rules out the potential benefits of a quiet afternoon nap, lol.

As an aside, are you keeping a dream journal of roughly a weekly nature?...this helps to keep your NP mind concentrated on the goal.

The WBTB technique may require some modification and is still prone to some randomness: How long you sleep and how long you stay up afterward and what level of activity you maintain...those kinds of things. I find that when I set an alarm after 3 or 4 hours, that I need to be awake for at least 45 minutes to an hour, otherwise I too easily sink back into deep sleep (this may also involve REM cycles and positioning/timing so I just cannot absolutely say). Also the level of activity after the initial sleep period is important: it should be what I call 'mildly active'...don't do weightlifting and don't go for a midnight jog...fold some clothes, putter around the house and then read a book for thirty minutes...keep it relatively mild...then go back to bed and observe yourself as you slide back into sleep; there you may find an opportunity. If the exit sensations appear then just 'allow and follow'.

Intent is likely one of the most important concepts we can discuss here. Szaxx can project within a few minutes of silence and concentration while sitting in his car during a lunch break...jeez... That is the ability to disassociate and apply INTENT. I can project whenever I happen to recognize that special set of circumstances (relaxation/tiredness/disconnection) happens for me. Middle of the night/early morning/naptime... I can't make that moment happen (yet) like Szaxx can, but I damn sure recognize when it occurs...and I take advantage of it. And a big part of that is recognizing when to apply your Intent. It is like being a sniper and taking the shot when you recognize that you have it.

You already have an understanding of, or a relationship to Intent. It is involved within every decision and action you take in Physical Reality. It's just that your awareness of Intent is more present at some times than at other times. Some ad guru for Nike summed it up in a beautiful and simple immortal line- JUST DO IT!

That phrase applies to both Physical Reality and Non-Physical Reality.

The discussion of Intent is one for a whole separate thread...a lot of people I would like to hear chime in on that one...

Intent has levels of intensity...it signifies a degree of determination, willingness...it reaches towards absoluteness.

How far would you risk yourself to rescue me from a raging flood? You barely know me. How about your children? Two different degrees of 'Intent' are at work here...not the emotion (although that is a component), not the rational thinking (could I die in the process?)...if it is your kids, you just DO IT...that is one essence of Intent...

With regard to OBE practice, do you make a nightly practice of affirmations to experience and remember your dreams/OBES? Do you write down bits of memories and dreams every morning? Do you remind yourself during the day to be aware and to remember your nighttime excursions? (this is a general advice to everyone,lol)

In the Non-Physical Realms, 'Intent' takes on an even greater importance. It is literally your sole means of motivation/locomotion. If you have no idea of where to go, or whom to see...then you stall out...you go no farther.

Even with 'some' intent...if it is half-assed and weak...you get bumped out. Your Intent has to be strong and clear.

And then again, even if your Intent is strong and clear...if it is mis-directed or mis-placed within what an environment is expecting of you, then it is practically worthless...as in my Back to School adventure.

61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 04, 2017, 05:46:45
You are welcome,

Simply laying down and doing a relaxation/meditation or exit technique is good for exploring the possible range of exit sensations and exercising your mind and energy body...but, it has a low success rate of actual exit/transition for the majority of us, myself included. That's not to say it can't be done but natural talent or years of practice may figure in. My point is that a combination of techniques may be helpful.

A few questions-

1- Have you tried a WakeBackToBed technique? Like setting an alarm for three or four hours into your normal sleep cycle, being mildly active for an hour, then laying back down and trying for separation as you fall back to sleep? If you are not successful at a separation and fall asleep, often you can be rewarded with a second wake-up or a lucid dream which gives you a different opportunity at a NPR experience.

2- Or, you can do a similar WBTB tech and wake up a couple hours before your normal daily waking time.

3- Daytime naps can produce wildly unexpected and wondrous things.

You certainly have demonstrated that you have the proper 'Intent' to have an OBE/Phasing; I am just wondering if, like a loaded and cocked gun, you have it pointed in the right direction. Difficulty in making progress at this point can be particularly frustrating; each of us seems to get stuck initially by different but very small things. You are getting a good variety of exit signs and symptoms, energy body sensations, etc. So my next questions become timing and Intent.

4- Regarding 'Intent', it can be as simple as asking for permission to do this and giving yourself permission to do this. Do you lay down to sleep every night and consciously make a mental statement to yourself and to the Universe that you wish to have an OBE? That you understand that it is safe? That you are asking for guidance and assistance in this endeavor? This is a very important step for at least a few reasons. You will find that functioning successfully in the NPR depends heavily on an understanding of the importance and use of Intent.

5- Intent is everything; timing is a close second...
62  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Looking for answers on: March 04, 2017, 05:20:58
Dreamsurfer,

You asked 'Why is this happening to me?' and 'How can I develop this more?'

I will offer a few suggestions and you are welcome to take them or leave them, in part or whole; after all, this is an individual journey for each of us; the answers must ultimately be found within ourselves.

Maybe you decided to incarnate at this time in order to further develop these abilities and share their benefit with others when needed. Learning is a life-long process and beyond, and at multiple levels, Physical world and now the Non-Physical world as you are discovering...

It doesn't necessarily mean that you make a crusade out of this ability, you just develop the ability as you would any other that catches your interest and that you have a natural talent for. You add it to your repertoire, your skill-set.

A book that I discovered just last year that may give you some ideas and insight into 'Why me, why now, why here?' is by Dolores Cannon- The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New Earth.

As to developing your skills, (other than Nameless' good advice to be open to your experiences) the best book I can currently recommend is by Kurt Leland- The Multi-Dimensional Human. This book focuses on the Phasing experience  and what Kurt describes as some twenty NP senses that can be developed and the exercises to do just that. You will likely recognize some as having already experienced them to some degree. This is the most intriguing information I have come across relating to our NP senses. He knows what he is talking about.

Hope that helps,

EV
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 03, 2017, 06:45:29
What Nameless said is particularly true- that current phenomena are a bit new and unpredictable...many of us seem to be encountering new and varied experiences lately.

SCHMUSTIN,  your set of sensations is well described in Lumaza's thread on Symptoms and Signposts, in this same forum...it is a good variety indicating proximity to an exit. You need to simply allow the direction to develop and "go with the flow"...this also includes some testing on "fear" and "doubt"...do you hesitate or do you allow the process to continue?...it can get especially tricky and subtle during these times...nobody can give you a straight answer on what to do in this; this is an individual thing that you must work out for yourself. The "stretching" sensations are always a good thing, let them continue...don't disallow any sensation.

The rational thought blockage is a good sign that your consciousness is realizing that it needs to re-map itself in a way, like a re-write of a personal computer program. A consciousness crossroads, a Y in the road...which way will you choose? Rational thought reaches an abrupt end...what are you left with? What is your "feel" of the situation? A big part of the Non-Physical is your "feel" of it...incorporating that "feel" becomes part of your new consciousness paradigm...

I will add this- it is not a re-write of your Physical World Reality and life; rather it is an indication to look differently at your Non-Physical World and how you are going to approach it. It is like walking into a store where there is a first set of automatic doors and a second set of automatic doors and an air conditioning system that blows air upon your entrance to equalize the pressure and minimize the temperature loss within the store entrance. It is a temperature change and an air pressure change...all very suddenly...our first entrances to the NP can often feel like this; a little disconcerting.

It may not feel like progress at the moment, but trust me, it is...keep plowing ahead.

Fun, right?lol

EV
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi ! on: February 18, 2017, 05:28:11
Welcome to the Pulse, Tarun!

Have a wander around the forum and enjoy the information that is shared. Good people and lots of good ideas to jump into!
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: My Introduction on: February 10, 2017, 07:32:10
Welcome Shishi!

There are many good ideas to consider here, as well to add yours...have a look around and feel free to join in.

Enjoy
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Letting go of concerns involving the physical reality during transition... on: February 08, 2017, 07:47:18
Formless-

In my opinion you are making progress but you may not recognize it or accept credit for what you have accomplished. Part of this conflict is that your progress is not equating with your expectations...that is okay, it is REALLY easy for our efforts to get de-railed at this early point, because we simply fail to recognize what IS progress in our experiences. There are dozens of distractions and mis-understandings that can happen at this point; I was de-railed by my own particular issues early on and I can often recognize it now by reading others' experiences.

Your 'weeks of setting your Intent' have actually resulted in your latest experience, once you relaxed and were not actually expecting anything. This is frequently how it works: we work, work, work...set our Intent multiple nights...get nothing...and then let it go out of frustration...and BANG it happens a day or two later...

In your case, you noticed some developing visuals...but lost it as Physical Reality (PR) issues intruded and some anxiety resulted.

I want you to realize this: Your Intent has worked! You are beginning the process of changing your Focus into the NP. It's just not quite happening in the manner your expectations have set; and this is a big issue that throws us off course early on; it demands the need for an agility of our consciousness to adjust to something new or unexpected.

Reading your earlier posts, I get the idea you are expecting the standard Etheric/RTZ exit where you float up and out of your body. That is a fine and valid form of OBE...but if you are getting visuals as opposed to  'Etheric' exit sensations, then you may be headed towards a Phasing type exit which will have little or no physical-like exit sensations; it will be a purely mental thing. So when you are at that crossroads, when you come to that Y in the road, only you can make that commitment...and this is where I say you need to GO WITH THE FLOW. Go with whatever direction the sensations take you; don't fight to force sensations that are not there. If you stay calm and let the visual develop and stabilize, at some point you can literally 'step' into it: that is Phasing.

The PR issues and the resulting anxiety have to be ignored. They are likely another 'test' to see just how committed you are to expanding your consciousness. This message should resonate within you...do you understand just how subtle this testing of your 'will' is? It starts right here, right now...and it is serious. It will not kill you or harm you, but it will push your limits beyond what you might expect, certainly what you understand.

This is another Intent/affirmation that you can add to your nightly address: I leave behind all Physical Reality issues for now and know that I am safe and protected as I venture into the Non-Physical worlds.

Also read up on this so you have a further idea of the sensations out there:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/exit_symptomssignposts-t46206.0.html

Hope that helps. It is baby-steps at times; nothing wrong with that.

You are closer to your goal than you may realize.

EV

67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Started a lucid dream inside a dream! on: February 03, 2017, 02:05:13
jeck140-

I read your initial post and responded pretty late into the night- I failed to give a full and more complete interpretation which is what I intended.

I don't think you necessarily failed in that experience and the NP does not punish you for missing cues, clues and signs in a single event by blocking further OBEs; instead you are usually sent back to the same or a variation of the original simulation to try again.

A lack of OBEs can be for many and different reasons and we ALL get dry periods where despite our best efforts, we get nothing for a time. 1 reason can be that we are being re-directed to focus more fully on our Physical Reality situation -family/job/school- that sort of thing (as you mentioned in your own case). 2- after a particular OBE or NP experience, we may need some down time for 'processing' and certain internal and possibly energetic adjustments to occur. 3- Especially if related to a prior NP event, the NP may be waiting for us to make a conscious change in direction -this could even involve making a declaration to the NP of our Intent, our purpose, our sincerity and appreciation for our NP experiences.

Your experience of going to sleep in a dream, making a shift of consciousness into a different LD environment, recognizing the fact, then maintaining your awareness/lucidity as you shifted back into the original dream...this was an excellent demonstration of your NP mindset and shows good development and continuity. You may not have missed anything! This was possibly just a simulation to give you the experience of holding your awareness together through multiple shifts; a test of the continuity of your awareness. Once each shift was accomplished and recognized, that part of the simulation simply ended; finally, when you shifted back to the hay pile and flew off, the goal of the simulation was reached and so it ended. You might have extended the experience by not performing an action as dynamic as flying (that can often upset the script enough to end a simulation) but only you can determine that by re-tracing your exact thoughts -fear, doubt, confusion, distraction- any of these factors can sabotage an experience prematurely.

Experiences like this can often be unnecessarily discouraging because we are left unsure as to whether we accomplished the goal or missed something somewhere. Another form of test.

You and ileisou have asked similar questions, so I would suggest you read my comments  there as they may add more context to yours.

Here is one of my experiences that gives good examples of how I messed up in some simulations and missed some signals; and the great analysis I was given.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/back_to_school-t44211.0.html

68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What does blackness in a lucid dream mean? on: February 03, 2017, 01:31:51
You are very welcome ileisou!

If you allow your Lucid Dream to unfold and develop on its' own, if you don't immediately force changes within the environment, you will likely find that that there is a story/a theme/a challenge that you should attempt to follow. Often you get no instructions, you have to proceed with the storyline until you realize the purpose of the simulation. Along the way you will get small tests, many of which you will only recognize afterwards. You will also be introduced to new abilities and given opportunities to demonstrate them.

And given a number of these experiences, you will probably be given that RTZ/Etheric exit experience, sort of thrown in as a bonus at some point.

Here is an experience that illustrates some of the ideas I have mentioned and the excellent advice I was given in interpretation of it. It begins with a Phasing exit, but the resulting environment is much like a LD environment.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/grass_gravel_and_an_old_friend-t44831.0.html

69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What does blackness in a lucid dream mean? on: February 02, 2017, 10:11:47
In my opinion, you have already demonstrated more instinctive understanding than you realize you have. You 'know' that you can fly or pierce walls with your hands; no fear, no doubt...this is what I mean by instinctive NP (Non-Physical) knowledge. We all have some NP knowledge, some more than others; it can be developed and increased with repeated experiences and a little direction from others when we get lost. The problem is that we have no one to give us directions, so we remain stuck where we are.

That is partly why this forum is so valuable: the sharing of ideas and perspectives to help us get the car out of the ditch.

Ileisou, you need to shift your perspective. You are thinking of Astral Projection from a PR (Physical Reality) perspective. You are spending much of your effort in trying to have what is generally regarded as a RTZ or Etheric Projection, where you feel your 'energy' body float up from your physical body like a ghost and go floating around your bedroom, your house and your neighborhood. That is a perfectly valid and true form of projection but it is only one form and a somewhat limited one; there are others. Many of us start out with these types of projections, but we move on from them into other forms of AP (such as LDs). In your case, I think you have already moved ahead and are experiencing aspects of these other forms of AP; you just don't recognize or understand this fact and therefore you are stuck.

For those people who get this far it seems to be a fairly normal predicament. I have seen it with others and experienced it myself, to a degree. It is one of the first big lessons in demonstrating just how much your PR-based perspective needs to change...and it will not be the last time! lol

You have described a perfectly mature understanding of the opportunity that a Lucid Dream affords you. You know not to fool around and waste time, you have a clear Intention to turn it into an Astral adventure and exit your Physical body. The problem is that you are already 'out'; just not in the manner you were expecting!

At this point in your experience, your desire to have that RTZ/Etheric floating-out-of-the-body experience is moving backwards in the process, and you are setting up an internal conflict...a computer command that results in 'this does not compute'. Do you ask a kid in the 7th grade to go back and repeat the 3rd grade?

The fact that you are getting False Awakenings and alternate Lucid Dreams or the 'fight with the magnetic pull' is probably your higher self/inner self/guide/mentor/teacher trying to show you that you are already 'out' and that your continued efforts at a RTZ exit are pointless. I would compare it to starting your car in the morning and continuing to engage the starter when the car is already running.

You may have been expecting something else, but by accepting the idea that the 'fun and games' of the Lucid Dream world have to finally come to an end and that it is time to look for other challenges in the NP...well, you might have entered the NPR school system and it is now expecting you to learn some very basic ideas; this system seems to sharply curtail any further 'joy rides'. Each experience you will encounter will have aspects of fun, challenge, fear, and testing of your abilities. You can go to sleep with the Intent and expectation of a certain experience, but if you then find yourself in a LD with a different experience, you should accept it as a learning experience and 'go with the flow'...this will involve a combination of your rational skills and your instinctive skills and the ability to know when to use either one. Great fun! I screw up all the time!

Eventually, you realize that every NP experience is a learning experience, carefully designed, crafted and executed for each one of us. And probably everything in this world, as well...

The 'blackness'...

This is the essential experience that ties your other experiences together and tells me just where you are.

The 3 Dimensional Blackness, the Void-

You know it when you see it; you know it when you are there...it is variously described as an infinitely deep blackness, other times like a huge underground cavern where you only suspect the walls are just out of sight. Some times just inky blackness, sometimes with a faint star field or points of light. There can be seen and/or you can 'feel' a certain texture to the darkness, almost velvet or a kind of 3 dimensional depth.

Some people have described it not as a blackness, but an incredible whiteness...IDK

I have read that it is the fundamental essence of the Universe/Multiverse, the basic un-defined essence that God/the Source uses to construct the various Realities. Maybe it is Dark Energy. I don't know except that it is very awe-inspiring on a very deep level within me whenever I am there. It is an incredibly calming place to spend time in, very healing.

The Void is also a kind of launch pad to take you anywhere you want to go; you only have to express your thought or Intent. It is like Square One. In that sense, it is also a very basic lesson...you express a desire to dissolve the fabrication of a Lucid Dream, such as you did ileisou, and you are left with a clear sheet of paper, a blank computer screen...the Void...and its' lesson is asking you...okay, where would you like to go? The Multiverse is at your command...

You can ask a question within it and often get an answer, you can express an Intent, you can focus on a point of light or a section of the 'texture' that 'pulls' you and be taken to an adventure...or you can just hang out and relax like I did in my Fieldtrip experience until 'someone' reached out to me... wink

I hope that answers some questions and gets the car out of the ditch and back on the road. All you need to do is ask for what you want every night; they are now listening for you. Set your Intention, be polite and respectful of those who may be guiding you. You may get an experience that meets your Intention, but often 'they' will have something else in mind; be willing to accept that now.

And have fun!

EV

70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Introducing myself on: February 02, 2017, 08:33:37
Hello ileisou!

Your usage of English is much better than my Spanish, so I will keep it brief and just say

Bienvenido al foro!

There is much material and information to be found here on the forum. Use the search function to find information on certain terms or ideas.

Very few of us can manage direct exits from an awake state initially, myself included. I have far more success from early morning attempts or Lucid Dreams, so if you are proficient with becoming aware within a Lucid Dream then I would suggest that you concentrate your efforts there. A Lucid Dream is a perfectly valid form of Astral Projection; it is a re-focusing of your awareness away from this Physical Reality (PR) and into what we generally describe as Non-Physical Reality (NPR). What you do with it from there is your choice; how you define "where" you are becomes your next challenge. Is it "the Astral"? Or is it your personal Dreamspace? Do your adventures there have any significance or does this area merge into a more Collective Dreamspace at some point? Is that the Astral? Or is it all Astral? You can get pretty confused and frustrated in trying to figure out just where you are and completely miss the lessons that are available at that specific point.

Probably the first lesson to learn is to be ready to change your perspective, to shift to a new way of looking at or considering your awareness and where in Reality it is at any particular moment. In other words, be ready to leave behind all your Physical World ideas and perspectives. If you think about your Lucid Dreams, you already do this some times, often very instinctively.

Enough for a welcome, I will comment further in your next thread.

Enjoy!
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Started a lucid dream inside a dream! on: February 01, 2017, 07:56:16
jeck140-

You stated that your experience of a 'dream within a dream' was from some years ago...I don't know if or how far your experiences have progressed from there, but I would suggest that that particular experience was possibly a very significant one, that indicated you were being subtly prompted to move into other areas for possible expansion. (this is why it's really good to write these experiences down- so that we can refer to them in the future).

I have only experienced going to sleep in a dream a couple times and both of them signaled transformative events; so that is a big alert, at least in my experience.

Flying is a big thrill for me as well, but the fact that your experience ended/shifted/changed shortly thereafter, could be a key indicator that you missed something, a signal that, had you taken it, would have continued the experience in a different direction; a test, a learning simulation, a challenge. It is likely normal that we initially miss these cues the first few times; they can be incredibly subtle.

Can you recall your exact thoughts just before you 'awakened' from the inner dream, back on the hay pile? What about just after that when you flew again, but then immediately awakened into Physical Reality? Your thoughts at each of these points are important and may lead you to understanding what signals you might have missed.

In my own experiences and many I have read of others, it appears that we are allowed great freedom to adventure and have fun (flying!) in the NP, but at some point we are expected to notice certain 'signals' that are introduced to lead us into various learning environments.

If you are interested in continuing your experiences, it might be helpful to keep these ideas in mind. For me, my experiences slowed to almost nothing for years until I recognized and accepted this next stage in my 'expansion'.

Just some thoughts to consider.

EV
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: "the sweet spot" on: January 16, 2017, 10:43:46
If the link is gone, then the link is gone.

If you read back through the thread then you can put most of it together; LightBeam, Lionheart, Bedeekin and others added the essential details. This is primarily an early morning, post-sleep method where you search for the proper consciousness/awareness/framework of mind that is conducive to an "exit". It is fairly elusive, given my own experience...I only know it when I see it...

I think this form takes some prior experience...that way, when it appears (sometimes almost providentially) it is very recognizable...you see it, and jump at the chance (like I have described in some of my experiences)...

For those readers seeking techniques, please search the first and third boards in the highlighted BLUE threads; much to read there. grin
73  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Anyone visited me yesterday? on: January 16, 2017, 10:14:25
Hi Riddle,

Like Xanth says, congrats and a good description of an early projection. It's not the basic RTZ version; it had a little of other worlds involved.

You described well the varying nature of consciousness/awareness that can occur and the kind of mental contortions that can ensue. This is a good first step in realizing how different your NP awareness and rationalization can exist within a projection. With further experiences, a kind of consolidation of thinking/reacting occurs but other, more intriguing questions will present themselves, which requires further evolution, and will throw you sideways many times (what fun!); it becomes an exciting stretch and exercise of the mind.

The nature and quality of the projection seems dependent on any number of things: Your health, your state of consciousness (drugs/alcohol), your mood/attitude, amount of rest...add any number of other factors...the idea of "Intent" for any particular experience soon becomes fairly relevant...something to think about.

Laying down/sitting for meditation in order to project is like the most difficult thing to do, at least for me, and what I read of most others. The rest of us have to do it through LDs or some form of napping or WBTB techniques such as you described. The only problem with this is when some form of Sleep Paralysis intrudes. That's not to say SP is bad; I actually like it when it occurs, because I usually understand what is happening. Problem is...all sorts of auditory and visual hallucinations can occur...and they can be horrible...it takes some repeated exposures to learn how to handle them, and I will admit, they still catch me out from time to time. Maybe they are just part of the personal, natural SP terrain and background. Maybe they are some form of NP/Astral test; IDK, but they still occur for me from time to time (and honestly, I do feel that I am experienced enough that if these SP horrifics are still occurring for me, then they must be some kind of automatic thing...kind of like my house alarm going off if I don't hit the keypad soon enough...).

I think that the most difficult idea about the SP phenomenon is to understand that it is not just audio/visual hallucinations you have to deal with; the worst and more subtle threat is the "feeling" aspect, the "sense" of EVIL and Darkness and Hostility that you can feel directed towards you.  When you experience this for the first few times, you have NO DOUBT that the Devil or some equivalent Evil force has targeted you for destruction...it is quite simply, that powerful. The first few times, I forced myself awake in a near-screaming panic. It took ten-plus years and a few more episodes before I realized that if it was going to kill me, then it would have already. So I finally began to change my perspective about it, and to find a way to come to terms with it. Eventually I realized it was also one available entry-point to Projection.

Riddle, the "black presence", the "dark entity"...I can't say for sure, because ultimately, this is your experience...but I strongly suggest this is a SP energetic phenomenon...a thought-form some might say, that is from your own subconscious...I have had plenty of my own...so, don't get fixated on it and be happy that you had a really cool NP experience and you are learning from it!  Many of the early experiences start out doggy and foggy...that's ok. Nicely done! 5 stars!

74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Battling my own demons.... on: January 03, 2017, 09:26:14
Welcome to the Pulse, vince!

The first one or two NP experiences can be quite extraordinary and confusing, hard for anybody to put into a category. They are experiences that are purely personal and (my opinion only) fairly normal in their chaotic nature. I had them; and I have read of others with similar events.

Don't fail because of fear. You experience situations every night as you sleep...none of this has ever killed you or injured you.

You don't need any special preparations or incantations...just go to bed with the Intent that you will remember your dreams; then write them down in the morning, even if it is just a few trigger words. If you really earnestly desire to pursue this, then that is all you have to do to begin. Part of it comes naturally; part of it takes some dedicated effort.

Ask for the experiences and they will be given.
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: No astral sight on: December 30, 2016, 09:05:25
This a fairly common issue with early experiencers; it was for me as well when I reintroduced myself to the practice after a long layoff in my late twenties/early thirties.

There can be various reasons, one of which Nameless explained, and that has to do with Intent. Your understanding of the concept of Intent and how it is crucial to making progress with AP is something that will need to develop and evolve over time. Each time you make a "projection" attempt or go to sleep with the idea of having a LD/AP, you need to start by forming a coherent and concise message of Intent that you express/communicate to your subconscious/inner self/whatever. This is also an express communication to whatever outside "guidance" may be available to you.

The simplest example of this is telling yourself every night to remember your dreams.

Another and possibly more common reason for NPR blindness is overcome simply with a few more experiences and the problem seems to solve itself. Your ability to "see" in the NPR is a new skill and an ability that has to develop over time. Keep in mind that you are not using your physical eyes. But since that is your only frame of reference up to this point, you haven't yet figured out how or what NPR sense you need to activate. You are actually using a new part of your mind, maybe the part that makes you think you are "seeing" when you dream...
These new, undeveloped NPR senses also relate to how you move, how you feel objects, whether you can smell or taste or hear or talk...those are all Physical Reality concepts. Your new NPR senses will gradually develop and get you the information but initially your PR-based mind is going to twist itself into various pretzel shapes as you try to convert this information into something that feels like it is coming through the usual PR-based 5 senses.

The real fun begins when you start opening up to the new NPR sensory concepts available to you, like 360 degree vision or simultaneous multiple perspective...

So "clarity now!" or "vision now!" shows good situational awareness actually and works for some (it didn't for me either the first two times tongue) or a modification of your pre-induction mission statement (your Intent) as Nameless suggested, may help. Either way, I think with a few more successful exits you will find things should "clear up" for you. grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 32