The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 15, 2017, 13:52:13

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33
51  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: I thought I was Jesus!! on: May 30, 2017, 08:42:07
Around the age of 15, I wondered if I was possibly the reincarnation of Jesus, the Second Coming. After all, nothing is mentioned of his earlier life in the Bible, so it kind of begs the question of when he might have realized his Divinity.

So why wouldn't that question occur to any young person?

Or possibly, was it that he never had reason to question his Divinity...he just was who he was.

So that pretty much answered it for me at the time.
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hemi-Sync Advice on: May 30, 2017, 06:37:22
jamie6747-

My best and most simple advice is to keep doing whatever it is that seems to be getting you results (i.e. new experiences); continue with that until it stops, then look around for the next lesson, wherever it may come from (this won't always be obvious). So in that sense, if the Monroe Hemi-sync is helping you experience these "energy sensations", then keep with it.

That is the quickest, easiest answer I can suggest.

Now to complicate things a bit.

In my opinion and my experience, the energetic sensations can serve at least 3 purposes: 1- They are a definite validation that some new type of experience may be available to us; 2- There are new qualities of physical or supra-physical energies that can be experienced possibly as other-dimensional bodies/vehicles/vessels of Consciousness; 3- That our present Consciousness is somehow involved and that relationship requires exploring (and maybe 4- At least initially, we have little to no idea as to where we are going or how to get there, lol).

In reading back over your previous posts here on the Pulse, I see that you have had a number of experiences ranging from semi-lucid dreams, hypnogogia and a little Sleep Paralysis. I hope you are recording all this in a journal of some sort; I started with a Dream Journal but because of all the seemingly non-dream weird stuff I just came to call it my Journal of Non-Physical experiences (NP). A journal will prove to be a great benefit a few years later as you begin to discern certain patterns within your experiences; it becomes both a catalogue and a roadmap of where you have been...and maybe an indication of where you are going.

To me, it is like a giant jigsaw puzzle with 8 or more corners to it and we are slowly piecing the various corners together, working our way back towards the center; or it's like the three blind men describing different parts of an elephant. With that idea in mind, remember that your experiences likely will not come in a completely understandable, linear form; certain key aspects may not be immediately apparent. And they will be at times, common with other people's experiences and other times very uniquely yours. So it is good to write them all down in some form of a journal. They will fit together sometime later.

If the Hemi-sync is working and you want to add something like that, then the Kenyon or Avalon audio seems like quality material.

So, with all that said, I think you should also be paying attention to how energy sensations are showing up in your dreams (this has already happened and is your inner self experimenting within the safe confines of a dream), the different perspectives of your dreams (again, you have already instinctively experimented with this) and the consolidation of your memories of these key aspects.

You can also add in some straight-forward meditation as was recommended (no Hemi-sync, no sound, just you); just 15 minutes to work on calming/quieting the mind and learning control and patience (you will need this later).

If you haven't already, read some of the Blue Stickies on this forum and the 3rd forum about Exit Sensations, Sleep Paralysis, First time Out, Xanth's book, Szaxx's Blueprint, etc...as much of this you can cram into your head because most of us have experienced it before and it is good knowledge to have (even in the back of your Consciousness) when you happen to run into that particular circumstance.

So my final advice is to take what you currently have and put it to work. Do some energy work for an evening or three and then set your Intent for every night...to have an experience sometime during the night, to either remember or to become fully lucid in a dream; or to set a middle of the night alarm, or an early morning alarm, and do a Wake, Back to Bed technique. Set a specific Intent to become aware in your bedroom or your apartment or house...nothing too complex, keep it simple. Experiment with the timing and try to get those energy sensations you are now feeling, and if you can, follow them with full confidence in your ability and your safety. Those energy sensations may continue or they may transform into hypnogogic visuals or audios or a Phasing kind of OBE; whatever it is, just go with it. Now is the time to start pushing your outer limits.

And no matter what experience you get, accept it and take it as far as you can. Then write it down. I can almost guarantee that it won't be what you expected, so don't be disappointed and take it anyway, because there are always lessons to be discovered.

I hope that helps. Have fun!

53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Belief Territories on: May 08, 2017, 06:05:27
I don't think that the "Belief System Territories" are necessarily "bad" or undesirable places to end up in after you transition. Apparently most of us have been there many times. The point is to understand the reason for their purpose in the first place and why and when we should be ready to move beyond them as a waypoint in our spiritual evolution.

Think about it for a moment in school terms: In 1st grade I wanted to be in 6th grade- that was everything to me. In 6th grade I wanted to be in 7th, 8th or 9th grade...then 12th grade, then college. Wherever we are, we are satisfied only for a short time and then we feel the need to move on. As human beings, maybe this can be said as sentient beings, we all want and strive for the next level (of competence/understanding/wisdom)...I'm not sure it ever ends.

Monroe only described the BSTs as undesirable in that they were restricting our eventual spiritual evolution.

It makes sense in a way, that the majority of humankind ends up for awhile in the BSTs, before they move on. To me it fits neatly within the whole idea of freedom of choice.

I find a certain humor in this, and a dark humor at that, that by asking these questions we are finding ourselves in the very uncomfortable position of realizing (possibly for the first time in many lifetimes) that we are caught between the comfortable ignorance of our previous lives and the uncertain and frightening freedom of the infinite future we now realize lays before us.

Universal humor...n'yerk n'yerk!
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Astral Projection in a dream on: May 08, 2017, 05:34:24
In my experience, having had a few of these as I was getting back into pursuing the Art, I would put them in the "in-between" category; they may not be conscious AP experiences but they are Non-Physical experiences, which is how I look at all these experiences at least initially, especially if I am a bit confused by them at first. Many people experience these and I think they fit into a significant category that indicates you are making progress; they are a kind of "trial run", your subconscious mind providing you with a practice run of an AP, testing how you would deal with it, what your reactions might be. I think it is one of the early signs that indicates good progress, and it is one sign (for you) that your progress is somewhat dependent on some personal and subconscious factors that you may not have been aware of previously.

So, next time you are going to sleep, send a message of thanks and that you "would like more of the same" to your inner/higher self.

Also start to realize that your NP self will not be the self that is awake and reading this post right now; it will be the self that was in that AP dream from a few months ago. It is a "self" that will have limitations and will require a certain degree of nurturing and development.
55  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What are the most important values to live by to have a good reincarnation? on: April 25, 2017, 04:41:51
Plasma,
I will just say this: I had (have) depression issues. They can discourage you, they did me at times. Depression can bring me to a "full stop"...I do my best not to revisit those old dark days.

Find your center, find your passion...and then move from there as best you can make it work. I know it is not easy, each day is a new/same old challenge.

Today's values?

There is always better
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Can this be done in the astral plane and in the akashic records? on: April 25, 2017, 03:59:28
Phasing is something that develops as you keep experiencing the astral, you can read stuff on it and try to acquire this ability by practicing it or you can let it come to you naturally.
I discovered that I was phasing only after I read a few posts on the forums about it, I didn't even know what it was and I was already doing it, so it's not that difficult.
When you start tapping into the astral and it gets more and more common, eventually you'll have a shift in your thinking methods and you'll only have to get into that "zone" where you can go phasing as you like.

This is a wonderful description of how to become open to the Phasing process. Nothing really needs to be added...
Thanks for this Kzaal.
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Did I just phase? on: April 17, 2017, 04:08:14
You are welcome T-Man!

So it looks like those audio clips and affirmations paid off for you. Awesome! Even if it was a relatively short experience, that doesn't detract from the monumental feeling you walk away with: You set an Intent with affirmations and you got a NP experience and an undeniable confirmation! Whether or not the two ladies were actual entities or aspects offered up by your subconscious/higher self isn't really important at this moment; this was a direct message to the value of your efforts.

I was just signing on to post this additional suggestion but seeing your reply reinforces my thought. It might prove very helpful to take a minute for the next few nights and mentally state an affirmation of thanks and gratitude and a request for more experiences such as this one. The exact wording is not too important, rather it is the sincere feelings you want to express; make the effort and just know that the message is heard and understood.

In the coming days and weeks you can put forth specific requests in the form of an Intent/affirmation, but don't be disappointed if you get something different in the way of an experience...you may get offered tests and simulations instead (it seems to be different for everyone and wonderfully varied, lol). You get to a point where you realize that the most practical Intent is to simply ask for the next best lesson for your own progress. In other words, "Show me what I need to learn next".

Nicely done!

58  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: return visits to people in dreamland. How to trigger them? on: April 17, 2017, 00:05:04
Finding or visiting a person/entity in the astral is done in a very automatic and instinctive way, generally-speaking. Robert Monroe described it as thinking of the person and the emotional-energetic "feel" that you have for them- he called this their energy-signature or their "ident", short for identity. I have found it to be really that simple, like thinking of an old friend or favorite relative. Fix that thought in your awareness and simply "intend" to go find them; Monroe did it by "stretching" his awareness towards them.

That is not to say that it works every time, especially early on. Sometimes I could find people straight away and other times I ran into characters who simply shrugged their shoulders and said, "Nope, haven't seen him here."

Other times, you can be pulled off course for reasons you won't be fully aware of, you just learn to sense the subtle course deviation being expected of you and you follow it, such as in my Grass, Gravel and an Old Friend experience. I went looking for one friend and instead was led to another.

When I do encounter an entity that I am unsure of- is this person who I expect them to be? Or are they a cleverly-disguised dream character offered up by my subconscious? Or are they another entity masquerading as someone else? Or did I inadvertently create a thought-form?...then I do what Kurt Leland calls his "entity trust test" and this is simply "reading" the entity and trusting your intuition. And this skill, like any other NP ability or sense needs to develop over time, as is the case with me; I'm not always confident in my answers just yet.

One early method I learned to distinguish between simple dream characters and what are likely consciously aware beings is to look closely into their eyes for definite signs of awareness/intelligence/Life! Dream characters early on have lifeless, unintelligent eyes...my very first encounters were with what were literally like showroom dummies. Over time, the dream characters became more sophisticated and life-like and honestly, now I am not always sure; by this time I find myself relying more on my intuition alone and my current provisional belief is that my experiences are probably peopled with both types.

You didn't mention just what it is that you "want to take things where they were left". My attitude has always been that whomever I may encounter, I treat them with respect and consideration, like being a guest in a foreign country.

59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Did I just phase? on: April 16, 2017, 23:14:43
You shifted your focus into a Non-Physical environment, so yes I think it qualifies as a form of phasing. Some might quibble with the fact that you lost awareness for a short time and came aware within a lucid dream, but in my interpretation it is all pretty much the same thing and there are many ways to get "there".

Now just where "there" is, you will have to work out and define for yourself.

But in the meantime, congratulations! And yes it can happen that simply and easily...sometimes. Now you need to reflect on what occurred for you to have made that transition: Did you have a specific Intent when you lay down? Maybe you weren't even thinking about an attempt but your prior efforts may have led to what we could call the Intent-Pressure building and finally delivering an experience when you least expected it. It can work that way at times. Another possibility is that as you relaxed into sleep, you got the benefit of riding a hypnogogic visualization that helped you manage the shift even though you were barely cognizant of it. Just a couple ideas.
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Stuck on: April 05, 2017, 05:32:37
Meditation is a wonderful art to learn in its own right and will allow you to develop the thought/emotion control that will be necessary to make progress in the Non-Physical realms, once you get there.

So you describe reaching a state of stillness and focus. If you feel too awake at this point then understand this- you are still WAY TOO AWAKE!

When I was a teenager, I did the same thing; I meditated pretty regularly, and I lay on my bed trying to relax and project...for hours...and days...and weeks. And pretty much got nothing for it, maybe the stray energetic exit sensation once in awhile (which I didn't know enough about to even recognize at the time). I didn't want to fall asleep and waste my opportunity so I never fell asleep. In retrospect, that was a BIG mistake because I never allowed myself to get anywhere near relaxed enough for an exit to occur. (edit: let me clarify that my body was entirely relaxed, but my mind was not; I instinctively refused to give up control)

As far as 'where to take it' from there...well you could try a Rundown (do a search on that term) which is any number of kinds of visualizations that involve movement. Or you could do a visualization such as Lumaza's Doorway technique. Check the dark blue stickies at the top of the first and third Boards here and you will find many techniques to consider. You should eventually read them all so that information is filed away in your memory because at some future point you may happen to encounter what has been described, and you might have a better chance at recognizing it and taking advantage of your knowledge.

So my advice is that if you insist on pursuing this method, then let yourself fall asleep a few times. Run through the technique/visualization/rundown a few times and if that produces nothing, then simply allow yourself to relax deeper and try again until you slide off into sleep. All that 'intent', desire and expectation you have built up may very well carry through into a brief sleep period of a few seconds to a few minutes and then you may come aware already within an OBE. This brief loss of consciousness is quite normal and often results in a loud CLICK! being heard as your awareness re-engages...thus it is referred to as a 'click-out'. And this is a perfectly valid method for achieving an OBE.

You have already made better progress with the Wake, Back To Bed method like you experienced last December; all you need to do is stay calm and passively observe the process as it unfolds, but your excitement likely aborted the event. It can take 4 or 5 of these near-OBE experiences where you make just a little more progress each time, until you finally make the transition...it can get very frustrating but that is a big lesson in the patience and mental control that will be absolutely necessary if you wish to venture anywhere near these realms.

Hope that helps some.

EV

61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / MOVED: Fieldtrip on: April 02, 2017, 00:27:00
This topic has been moved to Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences!.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/index.php?topic=43624.0
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Phasing just a free active imagination meditation ? on: March 19, 2017, 20:33:01
1- When I first began observing the progression of visual images from a totally relaxed state on the border of sleep such as you are describing, I also was not able to stay immersed for any length of time, say 30 seconds to 3 minutes. I think several issues may be causing this: One is that your awareness needs to learn to stabilize itself to remain immersed; this includes not being overcome with any number of emotions such as fear, excitement, confusion, distraction and frustration, to name the big five. A second issue is the lack of a properly formed Intent. A third issue may be that without a defined Intent, you must be very open to the new environment and what challenge or lesson it may be presenting you. If you fail to perceive the lesson being presented or insist on looking for something else, then the simulation will end and you get shifted back to the Physical wondering what went wrong.

I think this happens frequently in the beginning because we are being gently guided to first learn the basics as I described above. You may wish to go to the RTZ or Frank's F3, but you are simply not ready for that until you learn the basics. So that's why I say be open for whatever the environment is presenting you. Kurt Leland says that you can literally 'ask' the environment what is expected of you and you should get a reply. I never thought to do that until my Talking to the Hand adventure when I called out to an unseen voice saying that "We may not be ready for this" and got the reply "You will have to do the best you can", lol.

2- I have no way to answer this; only you can. Again see #1.

3- If you are describing the onset of what we refer to as the "vibrations", then this is a possible sign that your Intent to have a RTZ obe is actually working. It may take a few tries, but let the vibrations increase and expand until you feel like a helicopter powering up and lifting out. If not the vibes, then it may be some energy sensations that are nonetheless a sign that something is activating...go with it.

4-Don't think of this in Physical Reality terms. By destination you are referring to Intent. So YES, you need a destination -whether it is a person, place, thing or idea/question to explore. I have my techniques to get to the RTZ or F3, but they won't necessarily work for you right now. Go read the blue stickies on the first three Boards and try any of the dozens of techniques available. You are already well on your way with the tech you are describing so far. Form your Intent then ask for it in your mind and keep the request in mind as you switch into a scene, then go with whatever you get.

6- I generally formulate my Intent before attempting a technique and keep it foremost in my mind. Sometimes an Intent will spring forth spontaneously if I find myself already 'out'.

7- I don't know what the 'stray energy stage that Kepple describes' is...if you read through his Phasing Resource, it explains a lot.
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Phasing just a free active imagination meditation ? on: March 18, 2017, 03:38:00
1-From my perspective, when I make the "switch", that is the moment I am actually shifting or stepping into the scene. Early on, when I was in a highly relaxed state and trying to phase from a Mind Awake Body Asleep state, I would observe a long rambling succession of small scenes (as you describe) that would gradually give way to longer sequences that would soon gain sharper focus and strengthen to the point that I felt slightly "pulled" into the scene, and this is when I would make the "switch".

Developing this part of our perception is a VERY individual thing, so all I can offer are some suggestions. If the scenes you are witnessing don't slow down, get longer and strengthen, then I wonder if you need to apply some Intent/Intention. Do you already have a destination in mind, where you want to go? A person to meet or find? A defined purpose such as asking for instruction, a lesson or an answer to a particular question?

This can be a point where if you don't have a clearly defined Intent, you remain stuck until you learn how to form the Intent, and possibly the manner to express it. The fact of the randomness of the scenes may indicate that your subconscious is just 'running random footage' because you haven't communicated what you want.

This is one of those times where the experience we get doesn't match up with our expectations. After several unsuccessful attempts, it usually means we need to look elsewhere for the answer and maybe modify our expectation.

2- The scenery appears obviously dreamlike (and self-generated)...This is very possibly true but nonetheless a good insight on your part to have recognized it as such. I would not be surprised if most of our early Phasing scenes are generated almost 100% from our subconscious minds. In my early Phasings, I thought the same thing, but with more experiences, the environments became more refined and with the situations becoming more complex and involved, leading me to re-think the ratio of subconscious versus possibly outside influence and guidance. I am open to other theories, but this is my current thinking, that as my experiences grow, the complexity grows and so does my learning.

Heck, I never wrote about it but my second or third Phasing was into a literal cartoon environment in a jungle scene with cartoon jungle animals. I lasted maybe 3 minutes before I lost the focus, it was so weird, lol.

Set your Intent, pick a scene that is offered to you and focus on it until you learn to slow it down, then let it strengthen, then step in. You're looking for quantity of experiences right now, not necessarily quality. The quality will develop as your awareness develops.

Some key concepts in there to consider.

The easiest Intent may be to visit a place, a person or maybe just ask for 'the best lesson I need at this time' and see what you get. And whatever you get, accept it and go with the flow and follow the experience trusting your instincts to respond correctly; took me awhile to realize that and keep my expectations open. Wide open. grin
64  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I'm grrla on: March 17, 2017, 03:58:26
Some projectors have ongoing contact and relationships with what they term as a Guide. I have not had a direct experience like that, but I have met what I believe are independent beings and had communications in other instances that I clearly recognized as some kind of guidance. In some of these instances it could be my Higher Self or Inner Self; I admit that I am unsure and can only remain open to a variety of possibilities.

My reference to some of the material that makes up our individual experiences seems to me to definitely get pulled from our subconscious and memory. That's why we encounter certain situations and certain characters that can serve as more intimate metaphors and insights within our experiences. It actually works really well as a finely-tuned teaching system. That's not to say it is ALL from the subconscious. As I have shared with other projectors, I have found a surprising number of similar experiences between us that points almost to a standard 'curriculum' of NP learning.

Ultimately, I look at it this way: I am not so much concerned with the how and why and where the material comes from. Every experience/environment has one or more lessons for me to learn and if I can find value in that learning then the experience is valid and worthwhile.

I hope that gives some further ideas.
65  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I'm grrla on: March 15, 2017, 23:58:13
With regard to your dreams and even these brief 'dreamlets' that occur in and around hypnogogia, any significance can really only be determined by you. Most of this material is pulled from your subconscious.

I will point out that these episodes are showing you Dream Triggers, opportunities to become lucid and turn a dream into a Lucid Dream.

HTH

I will add that paying attention to our LDs, both to the overall context and to the particulars can give us great insight into our own individual personalities and issues that need work...sometimes it can become a bit uncomfortable. On top of all that are the really fun opportunities for self-expression...
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Is there racists in the astral? on: March 15, 2017, 04:14:31
A great tangent off Plasma's OP...

Ultimately, I think the answer is beyond the Physical Human perspective; the best we can do is arrive at a proximate answer.

I like and have considered all the perspectives offered and will add a couple more. I like Xanth's proposition from a theoretical perspective but LightBeam's view resonates better for me.

What I have learned over and over during my brief time on Earth is the wonderful and mystifyingly complex diversity of beings and perspectives available to us as Consciousness. So why shouldn't that diversity apply to our available options once we exit this PR frame of reference? I think that for some of us reincarnation is both an option and maybe a necessity. Maybe some of us are simple one-timers- we are here for this one life, then we are headed elsewhere; different lives as endlessly divergent conscious beings, both in Physical and Non-Physical environments. Some of us may return for a dip in the 'tub of Cosmic Awareness' then head out again; maybe some choose to return to the Source more permanently.

I think that it is all available to us. I think that the options available to us are much greater than we can conceive of while in our present incarnations. Apparently we did not all come from the same place and when we leave here, there are many destinations open to us.

LightBeam makes a great point about the necessity of some form of persistent personality that moves from experience to experience; otherwise what's the point of developing one in the first place? Xanth also refers to this and they both imply the essential question- how much of the 'personality' survives from life to life? And ultimately, for how long? Eternity? Half of Eternity? Or maybe a billion years from now, we do allow ourselves to blend back into that 'Sea of Consciousness'... 

It is my current thinking that much of our individual ego/personality actually does not survive...it degrades and erodes over time in the Afterlife. I think that an essential basic form of ego moves on, but honestly I'm unclear on just how much. The intrinsic 'fear' that I am left with, I think may be that part of my personal ego that 'knows' it will be lost...

This is a question that Taoism, Buddhism and other arts deal with, either directly or indirectly- the issue of arriving at a place where Ego is minimized or eliminated. The Buddhists work to create a 'body of Clear Light' that they will transfer into at death that leaves Ego and Karma behind. I don't think that means the entire destruction of the personality and its' memories, but at least a complete understanding and control of it; and therefore a huge minimization of it.

For those who have had a fair amount of Non-Physical experiences, I think that we have had a good glimpse of that state of mind. I have come to realize a very significant difference between my Physical personality and my NP personality. I'm still working on understanding the differences, but my NPR-based personality seems very much reduced in some ways compared to the Earthbound version.

As to the OP, I think racism is a natural reaction in a Physical-based world that is significantly predatory in nature. It is a survival instinct that pushes us to group together for defense with similar people, whatever that similarity may be. As a species, hopefully we learn to move beyond it. In the NP, it gradually becomes apparent that we no longer need to depend on this trait.

67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 15, 2017, 01:41:02
It is very literally, small baby-steps right now; I know because I went through it as well. It can be pretty darn frustrating. Maybe that's part of the process and teaches us some things about patience, focus and awareness. It is all part of learning the art and it never ends.

Check my response to SimplyHuman for some possible reasons why it gets so slow at this point.

The vibrations, SP and the Void...if you have experienced them, then great, file them away in your NP File; they are not necessary for any particular OBE, so don't get hung up expecting them at every or any time.

'The feeling that I should take a break...' That is a good insight to have had and maybe a sign of your inner awakening; start to pay a little more attention to this kind of personal insight. Sometimes this break is exactly what is needed...time to relax and regroup, time to consider, absorb and consolidate what we have learned...and then BANG! we get a whole new experience that takes us to the next level. Personally, I think this is a necessary function that happens also on a very subtle, energetic level that we may not be consciously aware of.

Again, I highly recommend the affirmations that I mentioned earlier. They are easy and best of all, they're free.

EV

68  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Hi! Can Anyone Help? on: March 15, 2017, 01:17:30
Welcome to the Pulse SimplyHuman!

Bloodshadow condensed an essential piece of advice very nicely in the first sentence- Keep your expectations to a minimum and don't depend on any specific sensations...just have confidence and go with whatever occurs.

With that said we all need 'some' idea of what to look for, so I will recommend that you check out some topics on the first 3 Boards of this Forum in each Board's blue 'sticky' section: Exit symptoms/signposts, How I Got Out For The First Time, Everything you wanted to Know about Sleep Paralysis, The Astral Blueprint, Xanth's Guide...all of this is good information to file away in your head for when the appropriate moment occurs.

Your post reads like you are making good and steady progress; it may not feel that way to you right now, but trust me, you are. It is quite normal to get stuck in a 'partial exit', to feel your legs or arms floating free, to get stuck sitting halfway out of your torso. All of these sensations can occur a few times before you make a complete exit. The fact that you are clearly observing and reporting these ocurrances, along with the split-vision tells me that you are maintaining good awareness and recall. Make sure that you are keeping a journal of your experiences; it will prove invaluable and good for some laughs a few years from now. It is fun to look back and see how awkward and clumsy our first attempts were, and it also teaches us some important lessons.

As to WHY our initial conscious attempts can be so incomplete and slow, I don't know and haven't read anything by anybody else that explains it. More than likely it is for several reasons and slightly different for each of us. There may be an 'energetic' component where we have to develop/energize a 'vehicle of consciousness', then learn how to manipulate it (wait 'til you try to walk, lol). Maybe it involves several levels of subconscious 'permission-giving' within our individual psyches. A strong likelihood is also that a fear issue must be overcome, and that fear can manifest in multiple ways, very subtle ways.

Just some ideas to kick around...whatever you are doing is obviously working so keep with that. Like my advice to SCHMUSTIN, you might add some encouraging nighttime affirmations. Either way, you are close to an exit! Have fun!

69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 14, 2017, 03:10:26
This is a good experience to have and a sign that you are continuing to make progress.

I'm not so interested in what you were viewing, but rather the way you described the experience -like sitting in a movie theater watching the big screen. Many projectors have described their early experiences in just this way, myself included. This is a particular stage in the sequence of falling asleep and, if we can maintain our awareness/lucidity, we can utilize it to reach a point where we can project or phase. So, I think it is a particularly good signpost that demonstrates two key aspects of your awareness developing: 1 -That you managed to follow it that far and 2 -that you recognized the fact. Good work!

This is a technique that requires you to maintain your awareness and observe yourself as you fall asleep. Awfully hard to do because you are naturally tired and it is so easy to simply fall asleep. I have only had success with this during a few middle of the night wake-ups, but it served to teach me the fundamentals of this process so I could recognize it when it naturally occurs.

For many of us, if not all, the process of falling asleep proceeds from a relaxation stage to a hypnogogic stage of brief, random hallucinatory bits of noises, sensations and visuals...most of this we miss on a nightly basis because we have already lost focus...when you can maintain awareness and observe the process, it is quite orderly and predictable (at least it was in my case according to what I have read -which also leads to the possibilities of prior suggestion and expectation; I remain open). The visuals move from static snapshots to kind of jumpy, black and white streaming footage, then becomes smoother and full Technicolor. If you can get this far, you just sit back and watch as the video changes from scene to scene, without getting caught up in it. At some point, the scene will stabilize and perceptibly strengthen...and then it should occur to you that you can try mentally 'stepping into' the scene. You may get bounced back once or twice, which may indicate that you need to let the scene strengthen a bit more, but finally you can just step into the scene. Stepping 'into' a scene and then realizing you are actually there 100% is one of the coolest things the first few times! It really rattles your world-view! This is Phasing.

Again, this is a good sign that your Intent is continuing to kick your awareness up a notch when you are in an appropriate place to learn something new. You might try adding a nightly affirmation to reinforce your Intent. Something like,

"I want to have an out-of-body experience and give myself permission to do so. I know that I am safe and protected."

"I want to recognize opportunities to increase my awareness in my dreams and as I fall asleep or wake up. When I dream, I become aware."

Alter or season to your taste. The key is that this kind of 'programming' is both simple and effective.

You are headed for a good adventure. I look forward to reading about it!

70  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: I'm grrla on: March 10, 2017, 04:04:15
Welcome grrla,

Working with the hypnogogia can be fun and frustrating!

Your experience last night makes me think that you have already progressed into a slightly more complex testing sequence. I am also unsure of the illogical nature of your first event, maybe it is just to get your attention. Ask for a clarifying experience or the next lesson, and I am confident you will get it!

A clue based on my understanding- You are wanting an OBE, but your Guide(s) may want you to explore a few preliminary tests, first...go with the tests...and you will be rewarded!

EV
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Riddle on: March 10, 2017, 03:53:52
Hello Riddle,

This is a good question and probably needs its own separate thread as I am sure there are plenty of variables and nuances worth considering that others could offer.

Within my own particular experiences, I have seen a gradual improvement in what I perceive to be my set of telepathic abilities.

I think that generally speaking, if you are in a Non-Physical environment, then you must be using some form of telepathy, although our individual experience of the event may involve a kind of perceptual interpretation that makes it look and feel like we are speaking, at least in some early experiences. Your own dreams may be a good example.

In my early RTZ/etheric type experiences, I really only remember a couple instances of communication and in those as I tried to verbalize, I quickly realized the result was in a telepathic/mental form.

Strangely, when my experiences progressed into a more refined, technicolor environment, which I understood as a positive progression nonetheless, my attempts at verbalization resulted in clumsy, garbled-sounding word-garbage, which elicited looks of confusion from those I was attempting to communicate with; unlike before, I didn't automatically and naturally shift into mental communication. It was as if the environment was waiting for me to make the conscious realization that I had to change my method of communication. As my experiences progressed, so did this new skill, although I still have much to learn and still have occasional setbacks.

The next steps in telepathy seemed to encompass 2 parts: The ratio of who controls the sending/receiving between two communicating entities, and the amount and quality of information being exchanged.

First, early on, the sending/receiving could sometimes be so clear and instantaneous that I thought that I really had this skill figured out; then upon further reflection it occurred to me that it probably wasn't me, rather it was the being communicating with me that had the greater understanding and therefore control of the whole process, both my sending and his/her receiving; my part may have actually been quite small. Maybe instead of my skill at 'sending', it was his/her skill at pulling the information from my mind. That's part of the learning process, in and of itself.

Second, is realizing that telepathy does not occur in a string of words that you translate in a sequential fashion, although early on your interpretation may make it seem that way. As my progress continued, the sequential words became sentences and then whole paragraphs, then a page or more of information, then combined with feelings and images. I guess that at this point it is like knowing how to speed-read. And it continues to get faster, the amount of information that your Non-Physical mind can process. At some point, the ability of the Physical mind is left behind, it simply cannot operate effectively within the NP. This is where some experienced posters such as Szaxx and Lumaza have pointed out, that at some point we need to realize that we are developing a second operative mind, a NP mind that operates within and has different abilities to be developed within the NP Reality. This is a realization that I came to as well, several years ago. It is both exciting and very challenging.

This is an ability that can be developed over time; it happens with some effort and also quite naturally and instinctively at times. When whole groups of information are formed and sent/received, they come across like word-balloons or data packets or .pdf files or 'knowings'. The really big ones contain a huge amount of information and can 'float' somewhere near your consciousness for even years before you manage to tap into them, and then they can download a torrent of information that simply makes you say, "Wow! Where did that come from?"

You asked the question about others reading your thoughts and your ability to guard your innermost thoughts...

I will preface my answer by saying this is purely my opinion based on my experiences.

First I would point out that you are thinking about this from a much more narrow, Physical Reality viewpoint, rather than the NPR point of view. As you progress in your NP endeavors, you will continue to find that you need to expand and re-appraise your thinking about these things...and this process doesn't end anytime soon, I have to do the same thing, LOL...

Your deepest, most innermost thoughts are likely available to any entity that wants to know them. The trick is, if your thoughts are of a negative/defensive/antagonistic/combative nature, then the 'higher' beings simply won't be interested in communicating with you, because your 'energy' is nowhere near aligned with them. This is where the very slight danger of encountering any possible 'negative' or harmful entities may occur, as according to the older literature. For the most part, at least in our more modern age, this warning does not apply. Raise your energy another notch and commit yourself to better thinking; that's all it takes. If you are coming from a higher energy, then the lower energy simply cannot touch you. You will run into some Fear Tests from time to time but that is all part of the fun; knock them down like snowmen! But with that said, you do need to make a truly honest appraisal of your emotional make-up, your maturity, etc. From reading your earlier posts, it does sound like you are asking reasonable questions and that you do have the temperament to do this; heck, you managed to do it with no problems when you were 4 or 5, LOL.

Another trick of the NP mind is that these slightly negative doubts just don't occur when you ARE IN the NP...

Don't worry about it; you have guides looking out for you; you are protected; go have fun!

EV
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 05, 2017, 05:24:11
SCHMUSTIN-

Okay, so being a dad with two kids probably rules out the potential benefits of a quiet afternoon nap, lol.

As an aside, are you keeping a dream journal of roughly a weekly nature?...this helps to keep your NP mind concentrated on the goal.

The WBTB technique may require some modification and is still prone to some randomness: How long you sleep and how long you stay up afterward and what level of activity you maintain...those kinds of things. I find that when I set an alarm after 3 or 4 hours, that I need to be awake for at least 45 minutes to an hour, otherwise I too easily sink back into deep sleep (this may also involve REM cycles and positioning/timing so I just cannot absolutely say). Also the level of activity after the initial sleep period is important: it should be what I call 'mildly active'...don't do weightlifting and don't go for a midnight jog...fold some clothes, putter around the house and then read a book for thirty minutes...keep it relatively mild...then go back to bed and observe yourself as you slide back into sleep; there you may find an opportunity. If the exit sensations appear then just 'allow and follow'.

Intent is likely one of the most important concepts we can discuss here. Szaxx can project within a few minutes of silence and concentration while sitting in his car during a lunch break...jeez... That is the ability to disassociate and apply INTENT. I can project whenever I happen to recognize that special set of circumstances (relaxation/tiredness/disconnection) happens for me. Middle of the night/early morning/naptime... I can't make that moment happen (yet) like Szaxx can, but I damn sure recognize when it occurs...and I take advantage of it. And a big part of that is recognizing when to apply your Intent. It is like being a sniper and taking the shot when you recognize that you have it.

You already have an understanding of, or a relationship to Intent. It is involved within every decision and action you take in Physical Reality. It's just that your awareness of Intent is more present at some times than at other times. Some ad guru for Nike summed it up in a beautiful and simple immortal line- JUST DO IT!

That phrase applies to both Physical Reality and Non-Physical Reality.

The discussion of Intent is one for a whole separate thread...a lot of people I would like to hear chime in on that one...

Intent has levels of intensity...it signifies a degree of determination, willingness...it reaches towards absoluteness.

How far would you risk yourself to rescue me from a raging flood? You barely know me. How about your children? Two different degrees of 'Intent' are at work here...not the emotion (although that is a component), not the rational thinking (could I die in the process?)...if it is your kids, you just DO IT...that is one essence of Intent...

With regard to OBE practice, do you make a nightly practice of affirmations to experience and remember your dreams/OBES? Do you write down bits of memories and dreams every morning? Do you remind yourself during the day to be aware and to remember your nighttime excursions? (this is a general advice to everyone,lol)

In the Non-Physical Realms, 'Intent' takes on an even greater importance. It is literally your sole means of motivation/locomotion. If you have no idea of where to go, or whom to see...then you stall out...you go no farther.

Even with 'some' intent...if it is half-assed and weak...you get bumped out. Your Intent has to be strong and clear.

And then again, even if your Intent is strong and clear...if it is mis-directed or mis-placed within what an environment is expecting of you, then it is practically worthless...as in my Back to School adventure.

73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 04, 2017, 05:46:45
You are welcome,

Simply laying down and doing a relaxation/meditation or exit technique is good for exploring the possible range of exit sensations and exercising your mind and energy body...but, it has a low success rate of actual exit/transition for the majority of us, myself included. That's not to say it can't be done but natural talent or years of practice may figure in. My point is that a combination of techniques may be helpful.

A few questions-

1- Have you tried a WakeBackToBed technique? Like setting an alarm for three or four hours into your normal sleep cycle, being mildly active for an hour, then laying back down and trying for separation as you fall back to sleep? If you are not successful at a separation and fall asleep, often you can be rewarded with a second wake-up or a lucid dream which gives you a different opportunity at a NPR experience.

2- Or, you can do a similar WBTB tech and wake up a couple hours before your normal daily waking time.

3- Daytime naps can produce wildly unexpected and wondrous things.

You certainly have demonstrated that you have the proper 'Intent' to have an OBE/Phasing; I am just wondering if, like a loaded and cocked gun, you have it pointed in the right direction. Difficulty in making progress at this point can be particularly frustrating; each of us seems to get stuck initially by different but very small things. You are getting a good variety of exit signs and symptoms, energy body sensations, etc. So my next questions become timing and Intent.

4- Regarding 'Intent', it can be as simple as asking for permission to do this and giving yourself permission to do this. Do you lay down to sleep every night and consciously make a mental statement to yourself and to the Universe that you wish to have an OBE? That you understand that it is safe? That you are asking for guidance and assistance in this endeavor? This is a very important step for at least a few reasons. You will find that functioning successfully in the NPR depends heavily on an understanding of the importance and use of Intent.

5- Intent is everything; timing is a close second...
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Looking for answers on: March 04, 2017, 05:20:58
Dreamsurfer,

You asked 'Why is this happening to me?' and 'How can I develop this more?'

I will offer a few suggestions and you are welcome to take them or leave them, in part or whole; after all, this is an individual journey for each of us; the answers must ultimately be found within ourselves.

Maybe you decided to incarnate at this time in order to further develop these abilities and share their benefit with others when needed. Learning is a life-long process and beyond, and at multiple levels, Physical world and now the Non-Physical world as you are discovering...

It doesn't necessarily mean that you make a crusade out of this ability, you just develop the ability as you would any other that catches your interest and that you have a natural talent for. You add it to your repertoire, your skill-set.

A book that I discovered just last year that may give you some ideas and insight into 'Why me, why now, why here?' is by Dolores Cannon- The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New Earth.

As to developing your skills, (other than Nameless' good advice to be open to your experiences) the best book I can currently recommend is by Kurt Leland- The Multi-Dimensional Human. This book focuses on the Phasing experience  and what Kurt describes as some twenty NP senses that can be developed and the exercises to do just that. You will likely recognize some as having already experienced them to some degree. This is the most intriguing information I have come across relating to our NP senses. He knows what he is talking about.

Hope that helps,

EV
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Making Progress / New sensation? on: March 03, 2017, 06:45:29
What Nameless said is particularly true- that current phenomena are a bit new and unpredictable...many of us seem to be encountering new and varied experiences lately.

SCHMUSTIN,  your set of sensations is well described in Lumaza's thread on Symptoms and Signposts, in this same forum...it is a good variety indicating proximity to an exit. You need to simply allow the direction to develop and "go with the flow"...this also includes some testing on "fear" and "doubt"...do you hesitate or do you allow the process to continue?...it can get especially tricky and subtle during these times...nobody can give you a straight answer on what to do in this; this is an individual thing that you must work out for yourself. The "stretching" sensations are always a good thing, let them continue...don't disallow any sensation.

The rational thought blockage is a good sign that your consciousness is realizing that it needs to re-map itself in a way, like a re-write of a personal computer program. A consciousness crossroads, a Y in the road...which way will you choose? Rational thought reaches an abrupt end...what are you left with? What is your "feel" of the situation? A big part of the Non-Physical is your "feel" of it...incorporating that "feel" becomes part of your new consciousness paradigm...

I will add this- it is not a re-write of your Physical World Reality and life; rather it is an indication to look differently at your Non-Physical World and how you are going to approach it. It is like walking into a store where there is a first set of automatic doors and a second set of automatic doors and an air conditioning system that blows air upon your entrance to equalize the pressure and minimize the temperature loss within the store entrance. It is a temperature change and an air pressure change...all very suddenly...our first entrances to the NP can often feel like this; a little disconcerting.

It may not feel like progress at the moment, but trust me, it is...keep plowing ahead.

Fun, right?lol

EV
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33