The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2018, 08:39:32

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Am I Close? Preventing Eye Movement on: April 25, 2018, 14:39:37
silverlight wrote-

I would appreciate some advice on how to proceed. I feel that I just need to keep doing what I'm doing until I learn to suppress the involuntary movement of my eyes.

The involuntary eye movement is one of the final distractions that can trip you up for awhile, another stage where you again realize the importance of the mental and emotional control necessary. It happens to almost everybody, and yes, I think that Frank Kepple did mention it in his treatise.

One of the keys to unlocking this distraction is, as you wrote, to maintain an air of curiosity, but there is also the requirement to remain somewhat 'detached', not just emotionally but also in a mental sense...and that is a word that comes close to describing what is needed but is still somehow incomplete. I think that it may have to do with the intensity of your focus and learning how to modulate it, a very subtle thing as you are discovering. The scene/picture/visualization strengthens and comes into clarity by itself, by your 'allowing' it, and this can initially catch you by surprise and cause you to 'tighten' your focus thereby involuntarily engaging your physical eyes. Once you clear the 'physical eye engagement' hurdle, you still risk a fail by focusing too much, too soon. You have to let the scene completely develop beyond even your current expectations, to a point where you feel 'drawn' into the scene; you will likely feel a slight to moderate 'pull' or attractive force; and then you can 'step' into it. So, in other words, you look at it, but you don't look at it intensely, you have to be gentle with that intensity and find the 'sweet spot', like focusing a telescope, a pair of binoculars or better yet, learning how to see the image in one of those computer-generated Magic Art pictures.

And of course, not letting any emotion like fear or excitement to intrude. Easy, right? Lol

You are doing fine and keep in mind this is all good and necessary mental conditioning and it apparently doesn't end anytime soon...aaahh this is truly the joy and mystery of learning in the NP!

Hope that helps and gives some further ideas.

EV
52  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Could WE be the Retrieved on: April 11, 2018, 14:32:50
Agreed with the excellent comments and perspective.

An additional idea is one that I have come across reading many APer’s retrieval posts, and that is the idea that upon reflection they have considered the possibility that they may, in fact, be retrieving aspects of themselves in previous/other/alternate lives...small parts, lost, hurt children, emotionally injured parts...aspects. This idea continues the conversation of the concept of just what a “soul” actually may be: Not just me, not just you...but an entity far greater and expansive/inclusive than just our singular experience. We are not the “complete” being, but only a part, a collection of genetics and potentials...I am intrigued by that idea and also a bit discomforted by it...

But isn’t the concept of being part of the “Universal Whole” , the Source...doesn’t that possibly imply that we as individuals are part of a greater being, like cells in a body? It seriously impacts my idea of individuality in the sense that my independence is challenged. It is a paradox, a conflict. I want to belong and yet I also want my individuality.

Maybe, somehow, enlightenment brings both.

The “aspects” that we are retrieving are various, small, lost parts of our different “selves” that have become adrift in this vast realm of consciousness. They are needed for completion, for closure.  It is a collection effort, and in that effort is included the learning and “guidance” that is excellently referenced in a parallel thread.
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What is the inner spheres? on: April 11, 2018, 13:01:25
Maybe there are two lines of thought operating here.

Before Copernicus and Keppler, the Geocentric Model held sway. That put Earth at the center of the Universe. The moon was in its' particular sphere/orbit; the planets and sun in their own sphere; it moved outward from there including along spiritual, Non-Physical lines, the Heavens and Hells...etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocentric_model

The concept may have a basis in Reality, or maybe not. It can easily be regarded as a human's need to categorize/interpret a NP concept in some relatable spatial kind of understanding. That is expected and acceptable; many notable early thinkers saw it that way and that should not be immediately discounted by the fact that later discoveries disproved at least the Physical aspect. Monroe, in his books, often described the Physical and Non Physical as a series of concentric spheres. Again this may have been simply his pre-conceived expectations or cultural conditioning; kind of a default interpretation many of us could expect to encounter. It doesn't really matter; we naturally need some kind of way to interpret these things, so one is just as likely good as another so long as we keep in mind that these are all provisional interpretations.

54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Dark smoke entities on: April 09, 2018, 14:40:14
From my own experience, this reads like subconscious hypnogogia that has increased to the degree of possibly becoming a repeating thoughtform. It’s not real per se, but it might as well be since it has become a consistently recurring theme and has to be dealt with in some manner. I think you are right in that it involves dealing with personal subconscious fears and similar issues; we all have them, and this is an easy playground where they can show up and distract us. It sounds like you are dealing with them appropriately.

For me, these issues almost always show themselves differently, each time; I haven’t seen the consistency you have, so possibly, something else may be occurring, but I don’t think it is an issue to be too concerned about.

If this is all happening while you are still “in body” or within close proximity to your physical body, then the random chaos of hypnogogic “noise” is all I would attribute it to. It is admittedly a freaky phenomenon, but just a local effect. It sounds like you already have it handled pretty well. And you are exactly right about pre-conceived ideas and front-loading.
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I'm not sure what was happening on: April 04, 2018, 10:49:59
This reads as fairly normal, given the description; for some the first few outings are very brief “snapshots” literally, of just a second or 3, then you’re back in the Physical. And, as in this case, one can “appear” back at home rather than the current PR environment. This may have to do with a subconscious safety mechanism that has you AP to a known, safe location before attempting to move elsewhere. I have read similar descriptions many times.

The next step is to think about how stable was your mental state during the experience? Over-excitement will kick you out very quickly and frankly, this is hard to avoid the first several times. So you must pay close attention to your mindset in these experiences. A calm, detached, observing kind of attitude needs to be learned- that will serve to help extend the experience. Also, if you have what feels like hands, then reach out and grab hold of an object: a wall, a door, a railing, a chair...this action can help to “ground” you in the scene. Also, some mental commands work for some people- reminding yourself that you are OOB; asking for increased clarity, asking to see more. If you feel like you are in some human-like form, some find that spinning in place for a few whirls can stabilize them quite well.

Everyone is slightly different in how effective these techniques can be, and what works in one experience may not work as effectively the next time, so it teaches us to stay open to possibilities and a new kind of flexible mindset.
56  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: The Event - Mass Awakening - Dimensional Transcendence on: April 01, 2018, 16:21:41
Yeah, the Catholic hierarchy is rapidly backtracking from that interesting statement.

I tend to agree that these “consciousness advancements”, as much as I have anticipated them, haven’t really materialized in the way I expected...so, I am generally in agreement with Nameless; they may be occurring in smaller, less obvious ways. I am, admittedly, probably less sensitive to these things than some others but I did notice back around 2006 the partial consciousness shutdown and “upgrade” that occurred over a 3 day period that was described in one of Dolores Cannon’s books. I don’t pretend to be exact on these events, only those confirming with my own experience; some you sense, some you don’t; the truth of the timing to these things may prove to be much more a variable/individual thing than I can currently understand or describe.
57  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Re: How to change forum name? on: April 01, 2018, 15:57:24
That may only be available to moderators to change their own names. Xanth as Admin may be the only one who can change another members’ username. Not exactly sure on this, just trying to remember past reports.
58  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Dreams & AP attempt - Please help me understand. on: March 24, 2018, 13:59:34

Regarding hands through walls experience, I guess what I wanted to understand was, why that particular act stood out as very strange when the biggest act of projecting itself was deemed so normal...  I suppose that is "my" experience and couldn't expect another person to comment...  maybe, I was hoping to hear that someone also experienced the same...? What I took away is that projecting is something I should be able to do very easily.  And, PR fears, objections and beliefs can and do carry over to dream/astral realms as well.  However, knowing this and putting it in practice are two different things.  In actual AP (like I mentioned before), body tensing and other signals consumed my thoughts.  The need to adjust and accommodate for these events in future attempts is apparent.  All I can say is that there is a lot of work ahead.

I think your natural instinct is correct here: You realized several things, one being the naturalness of the OBE exit, the PR distinction of hands through a wall, that PR beliefs do, in fact, carry over into the NP and have an effect (if you allow it) and that your PR body is just a thought away and can be distracting.

A couple comments about Focus 10: I will plainly admit that I am no expert on F10. I used the Monroe tapes and CDs for many hours and could never get deep enough. I only discovered F10 as a result of going from the NP BACK to a Focus 10...and was I amazed! There I was, completely aware within my skull! and realizing that my PR body was completely asleep and snoring! At first I thought I had to stay quiet and kind of tip-toe around inside my head. Within a minute I had realized that I could scream at the top of my NP lungs...and not wake myself up! It was so cool! This was F10 I realized. or at least the extreme form of it; there may obviously be degrees to it.

Anyway, my point is that if you are in what you think is F10 and you are still pulled back by PR issues (breathing, heartrate, etc.), then you still need to go deeper. And honestly, you may have to move deeper only gradually, so don't fret about it, you will get better with practice. Personally, I get my best results with the WBTB technique. But, like most any exercise program, it is all good, so I would recommend that you keep doing a mixture of what you are currently doing. I had the "falling asleep" and "click-outs" as well...in retrospect, I think those also serve a teaching purpose. wink

Also- IIRC, the Monroe Hemi-Sync signal is negated by noise-cancelling headphones...just sayin'.

That irritated me, 'cuz I laid out like $400 for those Bose suckers... undecided

59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Dreams & AP attempt - Please help me understand. on: March 24, 2018, 13:33:48
mindscreen said- "I find it somewhat difficult to know whether particular content of a dream is based on what I am reading/experiencing in PR or if it is "genuine" lesson so-to-speak.  For example, a variant dream of a meeting that took place in PR.  Wouldn't that be just my mind spinning itself over the event/details and a continuation in the dream?  As you said, anything can be a lesson if we look through those lens.  Sometimes, finding what to learn is a difficult task indeed and it may be missed altogether."

This is generally what we refer to as "front-loading" an experience, or carrying a pre-conceived expectation into an experience. It can be a kind of mistake, but it could also be a lesson unto itself, if not for just that reason alone, or maybe others. No NP experience should be discarded without some consideration; lessons may be found weeks or months later. That's also not to say to get lost in over-analyzing everything, just stay open. Sometimes a dream IS just a dream...sometimes it's just a form of house-cleaning.

This is also a really good reason to write this stuff in a journal as soon as possible. If it doesn't make immediate sense then fine, record it in your journal and then let it percolate for a few weeks; you may find yourself digging back into it with deeper insights. My "Fieldtrip" experience occurred as a deeply buried dream/experience that I barely scribbled a paragraph on, back in 2011. Late in 2013, I felt the need to lay down and meditate on the scant memory of it and a torrent of new memory gushed forth, what I realized was what Monroe described as a ROTE or maybe it was a download of sorts.
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Vibrations during a dream on: March 17, 2018, 13:53:34
Speaking only from my own perspective, yes you can experience vibrations from within a dream.  It was a very unexpected and startling event, and also unmistakable. At the time, it also seemed to be an obvious demonstration of another form of dual awareness: In one context, I was still wrapped within a dream scenario; at the same time I was also aware that my sleeping body was experiencing vibrations and possibly I could manage to maneuver an exit within the whole mess...which I failed...lol. This has happened more than once...it occurs to me that this is just one more technique to be learned...it also teaches something about NP awareness...

For Rconrad, I suggest that it is an experience to be filed away for a later date, something to be better understood at some later time. This also speaks to some of his experiences being a bit ahead of his understanding; a good thing, but a frustrating thing.

Some of us are slightly behind the wave, others with the wave, some just ahead of the wave. It's all good...we all still end up crashed on the beach, slightly bruised and sore for the experience. Then we pick ourselves up and trudge back into the surf to do it all over again.
What fun!
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Dreams & AP attempt - Please help me understand. on: March 15, 2018, 10:52:20
Welcome to the Pulse mindscreen! I hope that you will find the information and advice that helps you most.

Let me start my response by remarking that your description of your initial OBE attempts is such an excellent description of many peoples' early efforts that it almost requires no modifications to be made into a more permanent topic or description of what to expect. I have read, over many years, multiple early experiences by many different people, and this one, yours, is just simply SO well described, that I have little to add to it other than commentary. Excellently written!

If this is not just a recitation of what you have read from others; if this is actually your individual experience, then I will commend you, not only on your written expression of it, but your immediate and obviously clear understanding of what is occurring. If this is the case, then nicely done! And thank you for your representation of it.

In a manner of quick summary, I will say this: Everything you describe is quite normal. The process can unfold this seemingly slowly and step-by-step...it did for me and it has for the majority of others as I have read. You are actually hitting every step one by one after another...and there are certain various tactile, and energetic and, ultimately 'conscious', realizations to be made as we proceed step-by-step...and some of these you have already described. Don't become frustrated, just keep pushing along. This is kind of like trudging through 3 feet of snow for 2 hundred yards or even a mile. This is one portion of the early work of Non-Physical awareness. There are multitudes of tests and learning taking place here; you may recognize some of it as you go along, the rest only later.

To attempt to answer a few questions-

I think KG's advice is right- your exit signal can change from vibrations to the siren sound; just remain open to these possibilities. The rule seems to be to just follow whatever sensation is presented; this is also a form of training.

Training Zone- It is difficult to tell just where it starts or ends. So just treat it all as a form of training, at least for now. Regardless, if you pay attention, the lessons are everywhere; it's part of the beauty of it all.

Dream 1 and 2- I have seen this many times and even experienced it myself. I think these are 'pretend' run-throughs of the OBE within our personal dream context; it is as if we are trying out the concept within the safe environment of our personal dreamspace. It is also a subtle form of asking permission of our sub/inner/higher self to undertake this OBE activity. In your case, in Dream 2, I think you may have actually engaged the OBE...it is that subtle of a thing, you may have or may not have, that decision/experience is up to you.

Putting hands through walls or not...in time you will put these experiences into a better context. Whether you did or did not doesn't necessarily really matter...the key to ANY experience, Physical or Non-Physical, is did you learn something from it? Did you take away something of value?

Final advice- Don't change a thing, you are doing great! Add an affirmation to explore the next best concept you need to learn, some Intent to explore and learn, maybe a specific thing you want to know about.

Keep doing what you are doing! Be happy and explore! Have fun!

EV

62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Does anyone had constant success with phasing? on: March 11, 2018, 08:08:46
That is an intriguing thought LovelyMusic! I think I am following what you are saying.

In Theosophy, for instance, the Etheric body is not technically recognized as its own Energy body, but rather a close adjunct to the Physical body. As you point out, this close interface with the Physical may be the reason for the RTZ anomalies that appear- as the Physical is created, the Etheric 'filter' is possibly catching some of these elements 'out of order', so to speak? It is a form of perceptual distortion. This seems to be an issue particular to the Etheric/RTZ.

63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Excited to find this forum on: March 11, 2018, 07:30:36
You are welcome! Yeah, 56 here.

The website is divided into 14 Boards or areas of discussion. At the top of each Board are dark blue highlighted Threads (Stickies) that were found to be worth keeping at the top of each Board's first page. You will find various techniques and interesting conceptual discussions here. Recommended reading!

Vibrations- Monroe's first book gives a god-awfully confusing technique for raising them but I did manage to do it twice, and the vibes were so rough and 'out of tune' that I thought every atom in my body was going to break apart! Scared the crap out of me! But also proved that my suspicions about PR might be on to something, that it wasn't necessarily what it appeared to be. After that, for me at least, the vibes only came sporadically, usually in the middle of the night and sometimes I could take advantage of them, raising the pitch until I could float out, and sometimes not. Over the last several years, I will notice them 3 or 4 times a year. Sometimes they are strong enough to work with and other times they are so soft as to be just an acknowledging warmth, like an old friend saying hello in passing.

My exit technique has always been somewhat dependent on what circumstances I am in; what if any, exit signs or symptoms are available. If I have bed spins or mind-swaying or floaty feelings, I will attempt an etheric exit. If I am experiencing Hypnogogia, I will follow that sequence into a visualization and a Phasing exit. If it's early morning and I am still on the verge of sleep and I notice colors behind my closed eyes then I will 'passively observe' them and look/feel for a portal exit. For most of the last 2 years, I have simply become aware within Lucid Dreams and followed the course of whatever activity was being presented. I am not one who can come home and relax deeply enough into trance to get to an exit point; my mind has always been difficult to shut down; takes me nearly two hours to fall asleep, then I wake up at the slightest non-ordinary sound.

As far as relating to people about this, there just are not that many of us. That makes this Forum so valuable in what we all can learn and share!

Glad to have you here!
EV

64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Does anyone had constant success with phasing? on: March 11, 2018, 06:40:52
OBE versus Phasing-

This is where communication of these NP experiences invariably bogs down within Physics, religion, Mysticism, schools of thought, labels and personal interpretation. I suggest being receptive to it all provisionally, but then use what resonates with you personally and move on from there until new evidence/experience teaches you otherwise. This is all part of the fun and is thrown in at no charge, lol.

If you pursue this Art, you will likely find that many differing environments are available at various times. Some of us move through these as if in a progression of stages, from denser environments (the RTZ/Etheric) into less dense/lighter environments (Dream/Lucid Dream/Astral/Mental+). Some people like to categorize these environments, some just prefer to use the all-encompassing term Non-Physical. I do a little of both.

As I have said elsewhere, most people first envision the concept of the OBE as going into deep relaxation/trance/near sleep and feeling their spirit/dream body literally float/fall/roll out of the Physical body and into their room and go floating about the world. And indeed, this is what kind of happens in the 'classic OBE'. The first mistaken assumption we take with us is that we are still in the Physical Reality; but we are not. Just what it is, is up for discussion. This new environment often does appear to have similarities to our bedroom or house or back yard, but there are obvious differences: Doors, windows, furniture and other things can be in their usual locations, or they may not be. The atmosphere is different, as well: for me, it is like in-between normal air-breathing PR and being under water scuba diving. With this type OBE, most peoples' awareness is limited within a certain PR-geographical proximity of their Physical body- their bedroom, their house...some can go as far as the neighborhood. Others have reported longer 'RTZ' travels, but the times I have done this, I have definitely noticed both an environmental shift and an awareness shift. Most times when I attempt a distant travel, I simply lose awareness and wake up. Does this mean that I am failing to shift into the necessary 'energy body' to move into a 'higher' plane? Or maybe I just lacked sufficient 'energy' to continue the journey within the same plane? Does this imply other planes of existence/experience?

Certain pagan and Indian religions posit the simpler concept of a Physical body and a Dreaming or Spirit Travelling body.

Hinduism, Buddhism and several esoteric schools of thought posit the concept of multiple Energy bodies- The Physical, Etheric, Astral, Mental, Causal, Buddhic...various names, various arrangements... the idea being that in order to achieve advancement and 'enlightenment', we need to progressively consciously activate and operate from within each energy body. Or something like that...
Within most of these schools of thought, the 'classic' RTZ OBE is one that is experienced within the Etheric energy body; your dreams are experienced within the Astral body and eventually move into higher experiences within the Mental and Causal bodies. This may help to explain some of the 'point-of-consciousness' and 'formless' experiences some of us have had.

Following this line of thought, the term 'Phasing' likely refers to a transition into the Astral, Mental or a higher body. (And let me offer a caveat here: the terms lower/higher do not necessarily connote better or worse than, just simply different; this is part of the 'label trap'. What I have read and what I have experienced have shown me that our consciousness jumps around from body to body, depending on the level of lesson/teaching we need. I can have a Mental event one night and the next be stumbling around in the RTZ).

Hope that helps some.
65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Projection exit advice on: March 11, 2018, 05:45:13
Let me attempt a partial answer with a reply to an earlier poster. Even the subject of a persons' initial obe exits is the stuff of confusion and debate; mostly because it can occur several ways and each is colored by our initial interpretations. I really have mean't to expand on this and make a sticky of it, lol.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_members_introductions/hello_from_switzerland-t45993.0.html

With regard to your 'partial exits' and still being stuck within a certain bodypart, I agree with Nameless and will add that this is a fairly normal occurrence early on. You may find that it is easily resolved by trying a nightly affirmation that both 'sets your Intent' and gives yourself permission. Something like- "I give myself permission to have an out-of-body-experience. I want this and know that I am entirely safe and protected."
66  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Excited to find this forum on: March 09, 2018, 13:57:39
Welcome to the Forum Rconrad!

The first 3 Boards have some dark blue 'stickies' that are worthwhile reading material, so be sure to poke around those for awhile. Then, if you have some specific questions or comments, there are plenty of answers, ideas and speculation that can be shared.

I've also had vibrations since the Seventies; it was Monroe's first book that clued me in to what they were. Now I realize that they were possibly one of several 'wake-up calls' or alarms set for me to kick-start my interest in the NP. Thinking back on the 'vibes' makes me realize it was like somebody ringing my doorbell for ten years or so, until I finally noticed and answered the door, Lol!

Happy travels!
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Glass melts when touched on: March 01, 2018, 14:07:22
Glad to hear from you Simo!

That sounds like a great experience! My own advice is that my experiences happen much the same way- late night wake-ups or early morning (after bathroom visits); this is when I find myself in the proper ratio of tiredness/sleep/rested...so it is really a questionable kind of condition...my advice is not to beat yourself up over the fact, but rather to accept the condition and work with it. Set your alarm early and set your Intent! Use one of Lumaza's excellent techniques!

The mirror melting is a strong indication of the 'malleability' of the material...the lesson being that the mirror could have transported you somewhere, or translated you within and into a different state. cool The beauty of this lesson is that it did not tell you this in an outright way, but it did 'hint' at the idea. That should make sense to you (I love these first experiences, because there are like fourteen different lessons to be learned...lol). Understanding that your degree of Intent is now of such importance to the process, is now so apparent, the solution should be understandable. There are a lot of 'educational' forces at work here. Don't fight it, don't grump about it. Keep pushing and you will learn as the process moves along...

This is my current perspective...later and greater authorities may supercede me...
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights. on: March 01, 2018, 13:27:00
Those are good first experiences.

You made good use of your initial "Intent". Now, as Nameless suggested, you should consider modifying your Intent slightly, for a more specific result. Your deeper/higher self really does respond to these specific declarations. The process does require this and it can work that easy...at times. Nameless' suggestion is also the primary "default" Intent to work from...when nothing else seems to work...default to that. That is a BIGGIE! ---"Show me the next best possible lesson I need to learn."

We all have our various ideosyncrosies...one of yours may be the "indian position"...okay, go with that, don't fight it; at least for now. The moans and groans you heard the first time will re-appear from time to time. This is the hypnogogic "noise' that is a kind of "local" disturbance effect. You either get caught up in it or you learn to ignore it. After 50 plus years, it still catches me off-guard from time to time, lol. It is just a part of the fun...ignore it and stick to your Intent!

Your description of your first experiences follows the normal RTZ/Etheric route...you are in your bedroom/your house...you are still loosely associated to your physical body...various feelings or sensations are still 'physically' located...There are certain lessons to be learned and achieved here, even beginning with maneuvering around your bedroom/house...certain lessons about movement/navigation (how do you move? How do you know where you are? How do you move from where you are to where you want to be?)This is a key point in thinking back upon your childhood dreams and how you might have already dealt with some of these 'dream tests'......

Make sure that you write all your specific points down. If you choose to pursue this, then you will find your notes to be invaluable at some later date. I cannot stress this point enough.

You have a 'classic' start! Keep doing what you are doing. Take notes. Have no fear and have fun! Be bold and fearless! Always know that you are not alone and that help is available. You are an explorer of the far reaches of human consciousness...

This will begin to change if you continue and pursue this AP experience...you will begin to lose the 'physical' approximation. This will require a kind of re-wiring of your current thinking...it's not that big of a change...and yet, it is...
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Where is robert monroe. on: March 01, 2018, 12:32:48
Well said baro-san,

Excellently expressed and pointed...

In its’ own interesting manner, the Pulse language filter offers its’ unique (AI) opinion with regard to Melville’s opus work, Moby (penile structure)...lol. Great book...taught me all I need to know about whaling... and also a masterful, almost musical construct of language; one of the great books that should be read.
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Does anyone had constant success with phasing? on: February 11, 2018, 13:34:27
As far as Phasing is concerned, the technique is still utilized by various people, but from a wider perspective, finding an entrance into NPR seems to be a moving target, and I am still trying to figure out the pattern or if there even is one.

The last thirty years for me were a mixture of LDs and the classic 'etheric/RTZ' OBEs. Once I came to the Pulse and learned of Phasing, I pretty quickly started doing that and it became quite easy to recognize the proper moment and just 'go'. For a few years, I was certain that I had found MY method and that was that. But over time, it became harder for reasons I haven't yet understood. The experiences themselves continue to become increasingly complex and introduce me to new concepts and abilities, but the last couple years have almost exclusively been LDs even though I have attempted various other methods. One theory I have considered is that I am being pushed to learn other techniques. Having said that, I am getting some variety of old and new exits and experiences, but the old days of easy Phasing seem sadly unavailable for now.

I do sense that there are certain discoverable patterns in all this, but the sheer variety of experiences multiplied by countless individual interpretations, makes discerning patterns rather difficult. It does seem, though, that many experiences appear to maneuver us, to circle us back around to certain lessons, before we are allowed to move on. One of the first battery of lessons is obviously confronting and controlling our emotions such as fear, sexual desire, excitement, confusion, etc. This all serves to achieving a stable mindset. Alongside these lessons, we are learning movement, navigation, communication, entity-recognition, etc. The use and application of Intent is a big one. So, why wouldn't learning a variety of exit techniques be encouraged as a part of this?

Lumaza certainly has some great stickies on Phasing methods such as the Doorway or his 6 Point method.  If visualization exercises such as these don't work, then maybe try Szaxx' Astral Blueprint, Frank's PDF, Major Tom's Vigil method. These focus somewhat on passively 'noticing' the hypnogogia as it develops; this worked for me in a WBTB situation, which was really the only way I could be relaxed enough to relinquish control enough to get to a Focus 10 level or deeper.
71  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Just some observations. on: February 11, 2018, 12:19:42
I agree with what Karxx and Nameless and Xanth are telling you.

I will add a couple points, but I want to back up for a minute and analyze your lack of experience with dreaming. Are you saying that you have NEVER experienced or remembered even a single dream or a fragment of one? I find that hard to believe, but I suppose it is possible. I haven't read of any scientific research declaring a genetic or physiological reason. The culture one grows up in can definitely have a profound effect; some cultures embrace the relevance of dreams while many others almost completely disregard them. If they aren't important then you don't focus on them; therefore they are not remembered.

The sleep/dream research have consistently shown that EVERYONE dreams; it is an absolutely necessary physiological and psychological function much as a computer needs to routinely have its hard-drive de-fragmented and TIF files deleted, etc. If this is so, then the question becomes one of first remembering, then becoming lucid or 'present' within the dream and becoming familiar with your dream ‘self’. And like any skill, it can be learned with consistent practice and patience. Your dream 'self' is arguably similar if not the same as your NP 'self', so if you are looking for baby-steps, then I think that is the place to start: Get to know your dream self by learning to remember your dreams.

Nameless touched on an important point that also occurred to me: Have you ever daydreamed? For instance, you were in class, not listening to the instruction; instead, your mind was far away thinking about something else until your awareness was pulled back by the teacher repeatedly calling your name. That is a form of Phasing, call it Phasing-lite. All forms of Non-Physical Experience, whether it's Phasing or OBE or Dreaming, etc. involve re-focusing your awareness away from the Physical body and re-directing it to some(place?) else. So if you have daydreamed then you already have some idea of what Phasing is...

So how do you begin remembering your dreams? You need 2 things: A sense of purpose and a plan.

The sense of purpose is INTENT. I think that INTENT is likely the most fundamental and necessary 'first step' in attempting any NP activity, and also in sustaining the experience. If you become even marginally proficient in having any kind of NP experiences, you will quickly learn that INTENT becomes a component of practically every action you take. I capitalize the word because it is so very important. INTENT is determination, it is purpose, it is clear-minded thought, it translates into action, it is characterized by its intensity...this becomes readily apparent within the nearly instantaneous thought-responsive environment of the Non-Physical Reality. If you have no INTENT, then you go nowhere; if you have poor, weak or mis-directed INTENT then you quickly lose energy, lose direction, become distracted and the experience degenerates or ends.

So, in remembering your dreams, #1 Intent is needed to make a determined, dedicated and consistent practice of following #2, your plan. The plan is pretty simple- Affirmations. Write down 2 or 3 short, simple, positively-worded statements that you read out loud 3 times every night before bed. Do the same affirmations for a week, then maybe modify them as you see fit. Something like-

"I dream every night and I remember my dreams."
"Every night, my dreaming awareness and memory become stronger and stronger."
"I enjoy my dream adventures and look forward to them."

Write them down once a day, say them 3 times each night. Also keep a notebook and pen next to your bed and take the time to make notes of any impressions that come through. These are all various forms of communicating with your inner self, re-programming your subconscious to let it know what you want and expect.

Do this consistently for 2 weeks and I will be interested in hearing your results. It most definitely IS baby-steps.
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What should I have done next? on: January 30, 2018, 13:07:37
I think that both Bloodshadow and Nameless have given you some good ideas in how to progress from this point.

What were the 'clear images'? Nameless might be right in suggesting you allowing these images to develop and progress.

Personally, I've never gotten to this point from a sitting, meditative posture, so you have my appreciation. Like Bloodshadow said, you may still need to move a bit deeper in order to find the 'release point'. This requires another level of relaxation, such as passively observing the images as Nameless suggested, or trying a few exit techniques as Bloodshadow mentioned. Try Lumaza's six-point tech: imagine your awareness 5 feet in front of you, then behind, then to the left, right, above and below. If you get any sense of movement, then follow and allow that. If the images seem to develop and evolve, then go with that.

Bloodshadow is right: If you are sensing through your eyelids then you have made a transition into your energy/dreaming body (whatever you choose to call it), but you still have to find a release point in order to move out. This may actually be a bit of a predicament of choice: Do you make an Etheric exit and stumble into your bedroom (I'm assuming) or are you Astrally active and able to step into a visual (such as Nameless is suggesting)? This would be a Phasing exit. Based on your description, it is hard to say just where you are at this point; and that may be a part of what is blocking you here. Your chakra and energy work certainly point at either option being open to you, at least from an energy standpoint; meaning that you have enough energy to do either. So it may be a purely mental choice in the sense that you haven't had to think this way before, to decide which 'consciousness vehicle' you will occupy to interact with an entirely new Non-Physical Reality. Also, this is a very common place to get stuck at the first couple of close tries. A lot of possible reasons for that: New concepts, new thoughts, new realizations...it takes a little time for it to sink in. Like when you were 4 and standing at the edge of the swimming pool. Most of us freeze; not just the first time, but often twice; then we take the plunge. Then we learn to hold our breath, to splash awkwardly for the edge...eventually we learn to tread water, to swim and dive, basic stuff, but early on a real challenge. Your awareness may be waiting on you to decide which energy environment to move into...something to consider now.

I don’t wish to make it more difficult or mysterious than it actually is. You have already experienced a form of this consciousness shift in either a normal dream or a Lucid Dream. So you already have some experience with this different consciousness. What you are exploring is just another way of getting there.

Express your Intent of what you want to do, then relax and let go. You may lose awareness for a time, or get a 'click-out' briefly. That's okay, just let it happen and get your feet wet. Go! Do it! Have fun!
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: A Curious Case of Tinnitus on: January 24, 2018, 13:01:27
Welcome to the Pulse BabyLion!

This is a great question you are asking. And the possible linkage to the 'astral' body function or exit symptoms is worthy of exploring. Having suffered? with tinnitus for 10 plus years now, I have wondered about the same questions. Sadly, I haven't found much in the way of answers.

The times that I have attempted to utilize this as either a focusing-target or as a non-focusing white noise have not yielded results for me; perhaps your post will prompt me to try again. After all, the noise is there, it's free and it's apparently not going away anytime soon... tongue

I hoped for a time that it was somehow 'frequency-related', maybe indicating a positive condition...not so sure about that now. But I do agree with you that it does seem to harmonize with some of the exit noises such as ear-ringing.

With that aside, congratulations on experiencing the exit symptoms that you did. These are some of the first signs that you are making progress. My advice is to not get too hung up on making a fully conscious exit. Try different times during the day or night with naps, WBTB or early morning wake-ups. It's okay if you fall asleep or 'click out' and find yourself within a WILD such as you did...perfectly valid. The way you get there isn't so much as important as what you do with it when you get there. And this will start with small steps and get better over time. You're doing great! Have fun!

Make sure you acquaint yourself with the 'blue sticky' on  Exit Signs/Symptoms.
74  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: December 28, 2017, 05:42:29
Tuning the instrument, eh Selski?

Chocolate seems to have a special and unique relationship to the NP, lol. I wonder sometimes.

First some consciousness ‘bounce-around’, maybe a slightly etheric exercise, you dodged any confusions and stretched your muscles. Aren’t those first REM periods SO MUCH chaotic fun!?

The colors, the sounds, the vividness and distinct quality to it all. The cognitive functioning, the internal dialog/knowing...all this despite being in a subdued awareness situation. More distractions that you noted, then ignored and blew past. Nicely done.

It’s like you are checking the underlying programming, prepping your equipment; a kind of rehearsal, if you will. I’ve been through this ‘systems check’ a few times now; it’s really cool to recognize it, like an adventure park ride about to launch...5, 4, 3, 2...
75  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: What's on the Menu for Tonight? on: November 30, 2017, 05:03:36
Yes Szaxx, I think that I have gleaned several ideas from this experience that are possibly stretching my boundaries. Thanks to everyone’s thoughtful suggestions, I have been able to consider this experience from multiple perspectives and each offers stepping stones to new insights for me.

1- Form versus Function- In our earliest experiences, we are just trying to hold on and not end the experience prematurely; we look around desperately for as many details as we can remember. As our experiences begin to last for longer periods, we begin to see patterns and symbolism in the events and details of what occurs. Some of this is no doubt important, other times not so much; the difficulty and challenge is learning just what IS NOT important which is almost as significant as learning what IS important.
   For me, beginning about three years ago, I had stabilized my experiences enough that I could also take an occasional look-around and wonder just where in the NP I was, and whether that may be an important fact to know. Recently, an additional idea has occurred to me- that the details of an experience are important primarily to me, of course, but that I should also try to pay attention to the ‘feel’ of a place in order to possibly understand the ‘function’ of the particular environment; having a good idea of the function may, in turn, assist me in dealing with the details.

So, in Scene 1 as I off-loaded from a bus with several others (possibly other Dreamers), even in a subdued awareness, I was aware that this was likely a Simulation. The situation of an auto auction was a familiar one for me, so maybe it was just to put me in a comfortable environment. The auction ended almost immediately, so I have no other explanation for it except that the orange car caught my attention, possibly signaling my level of Dream Awareness (#6 in my scale) and possibly a ‘transactional’ quality to the experience going forward.

In Scene 2, the incredibly high staircase to my left almost reached into the clouds. My initial NP confidence in being able to climb it was tempered by the fact of its ‘fairy-tale’ nature. Then my partner/guide said a flat- “No way.” And that decided it for me. I instinctively knew to consider another way. The tunnels were dark and descending- no good. With no other options, I instinctively manifested a ‘middle way’ and that worked.

I initially thought the ‘function’ of this environment was to challenge my finding a way back to the parking lots/Transition Areas. Since we didn’t end up there, rather the test moved into a third phase, maybe the function was something else. Given Szaxx’s hints, I think this was a test in my being too confident in thinking I could go anywhere in the NP with impunity. Now, I don’t suffer from such over-confidence that I think I can kick down any and all doors; at the proper times I think I show proper respect. With that said, if my guide hadn’t subtly cautioned me, I likely would have headed up the staircase...and probably gotten spanked badly for it. So, thanks be to my low level, instinctive awareness, lol.

In Scene 3a, I completely missed the ‘function’ of it, even though it is a scenario I have been looking forward to (meeting an Instructor as a waitress in a diner). I did manage to slog my way through parts of the menu, but still got distracted by the details. Still, I must have done enough to set the stage for Scene 3b and make the transition.

Scene 3b- I recognized the hospital environment, but the ‘retrieval’ idea didn’t occur to me. Possibly the message that I telepathed her way made enough impression that the little guy(s) could go to work. The sister/little brother duo may be something different from the Astral Surgical Team; I seem to vaguely remember them from childhood days. Szaxx, the ‘good luck’ image is indeed an old one, and possible, but the surgical garb remains a stronger image/feel for me.

A couple further thoughts-

Szaxx wrote that, “The better we are at controlling our own mind and limiting the intent behind reacting to whatever appears is key to gaining a new ability.”

You have a wonderful way of presaging these events for me sometimes Szaxx, maybe a few weeks early on this one, lol. I won’t go into the unglorified details of just how it came about but a few days ago, I got introduced to a new ability, and a recognition of a new mindset. The mindset involved how a high level Intent can result in an extreme level of Determination, which can in turn, bring on a new ability, not simply from need, but from absolute requirement, and in an instant.
  So, when you make someone disappear, is it good etiquette to ‘define’ a place for them to go?

Finally, and this is the big take-away:

Szaxx, you pointed out that ‘high awareness’ leaves us more prone to distractions, so maybe they force ‘subdued awareness’ upon us in order to minimize distractions. I agree with that but will add another idea, that within subdued awareness our Intent is planted much deeper and imbedded in a much more permanent and solid fashion.

You began describing the process in one of your replies: We start with an Intent to project in some fashion, then we shift that Intent to maintaining/stabilizing the experience, including Intents to avoid Fear, Confusion, Excitement, Sexual Urge, etc.. Then the necessary Intents shift into movement and navigation, noticing signals, communication, recognizing environments and situational experiences (Simulations). The tests begin and a whole new level of Intents regarding confusion, excitement, frustration, confidence, etc. ensue. New abilities emerge at any point within this continuum. As our experiences move deeper, our ability to offer service of some kind may become more apparent and the importance of implantation of certain Intents becomes paramount. It is a progressive process. The next Intent does not replace the prior Intent, it builds upon it; they are all there, the substratum of our NP mindset. The subdued awareness seems a perfect process for this.

In my case, it seems pretty apparent that I need to work on some ‘retrieval’ affirmations, just as I have done with most of the previous Intents.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36