The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 24, 2018, 04:13:16

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
51  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: What do you think of Frank Kepple? on: September 23, 2017, 04:17:37
Kudos to Volgerle for an excellent abbreviated summary of FK's contributions. Frank offered a valuable condensation of the NP experience into 4 basic areas of Focus. His descriptions of NP experience were both confirming and illuminating.

Kudos especially to Xanth for putting in the time to gather all Frank's posts into one accessible source. I remember  wink
52  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / What's on the Menu for Tonight? on: September 22, 2017, 08:28:32
Often for me, a NP experience needs a few weeks to coalesce, to condense into a story I can relate in what feels a trustworthy and authentic form. Some aspects, some ideas just need additional time to sort of percolate; I don't wish to mislead or mis-interpret for the reader or myself; I have learned to trust the need for that delay and not to simply rush forward and post something new.

In this case, two realizations came forward: One about an old experience and one about this particular experience, possibly...

This experience-

August 24, 2017   Thursday-early morning-

Not much sleep last night, surprising by getting a final hour of sleep that I am treated to this low-awareness LD, a 3-part adventure.

Scene 1- Several of us are dropped off from a bus at a large outdoor auto auction. We make our way to the main auction block as I make conversation about how these kinds of auctions operate to the Indian/Asian fellow following me. He carries a staff (which vaguely makes me aware that he is a guide) and responds in a neutral manner to my commentary. The auction is ending just as we arrive at the auction block, a unique and beautiful bright orange US domestic convertible, circa 1950's with flared fenders is just exiting and driving back to the storage lots; it is especially appealing to me; I watch it closely as it is driven off into one of the storage lots.

Fade out/fade in  

Scene 2- With the auction ended, we are challenged with multiple paths back to the main parking lots. The first path is an incredible stone stairway that arcs high up into a clear blue sky, some three hundred steps upward and over, with a handrail to the left side but a terrible fall of hundreds of feet off to the right. The hundreds of steps doesn't bother me but the height is a minor issue. My 'guide' says no way to the distance or the height, so I search for alternatives. To my immediate right is a series of dark and descending tunnels, which I trust can get me to the parking lots (transition areas) but I instinctively know these can be troublesome with uncertain distractions and possibly get us lost. My mind rationalizes/creates an alternative and I immediately perceive a set of double-swinging doors, which I know will take us to the main atrium of the auction house, whereby we can simply walk out the "front door".

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3a- My 'guide' and I are now seated at a table in a cafeteria; the female server hands us menus but he seems unfamiliar so it is an opportunity for me to prattle on about just how the menu is arranged, but of course, my awareness is hovering around a 3 or 4 (scale of 10).The server places 4 cookie-sized cardboard wafers before us that describe the various breads available. This is initially confusing and a bit comical as I push each one toward my companion offering him to try each card-board delicacy. I am still trying to read my menu and make a lunch choice but the numbers are confusing. Then it seems that I am required to pencil the number of my choice on a selection card and I am struggling to turn a 5 into a 15, when the lady server steps up (an Instructor likely) and declares, " It looks like you are getting a 6.", very clearly and unceremoniously...which I suddenly realize is the Level of Dream I am going to get...

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3b- I am in a similar cafeteria, much more hospital-like, maybe a secured, elder-care, dementia ward; my sub-sandwich on a plate in front of me and a strange, older woman seated opposite me. She is babbling almost incoherently, and taking pieces off her sandwich- slices of baloney, pepperoni, tomato, lettuce- and placing them on my plate one by one...she doesn't want these...I am a bit bothered by these actions...I am not sure how to respond to the situation...

I am unclear as to what is going on, still being in a fairly low-level awareness, but I know her difficulty is now the central issue. She reminds me for a moment, of my concern for my aging mother's possible eventual senility, so that is a distraction momentarily. She says to me, "It hasn't been worth it if we haven't found anything of value in all these antique fairs; not me, not you, your brother or your daughter..!"

Antique auctions have no relation to my family, and I don't have a daughter, so this realization allows me some psychological distance from her issues...so I ask her 'How can I help you?' 'What is wrong?' Unfortunately, this does not get a response, as she lowers her head into her folded arms to begin an uncontrollable sobbing, and I continue asking how I can help...

As her head lowers, two children are revealed to be standing behind her. The image is a 10 year old girl, putting on a winter-jacket, backwards onto her 8 year old brother...arms first, backwards...it doesn't make any obvious sense to me, at first...

The boy is looking at me very directly as his sister puts the jacket on him, and says matter-of-factly, "Gymnastics."

I say back to him- "You or me?"

He says, "Maybe both..."

Fade out

..................a dear friend turned me onto the rather esoteric idea of "the surgical astral team"...a group of rather short, chubby dudes, kind of a WW1 surgical team that responds to these issues...it took a few weeks to realize that the picture of a little sister putting a winter coat backwards onto a little brother may have been a simple mis-interpretation of one of the little "guys" being suited up in the appropriate surgical garb to take on a retrieval...

Always wondering...

53  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:24
That is an excellent insight catmeow! Yes, very possibly a "loop". And Selski provided what Frank would call an "interrupt" to break the cycle of thought that was trapping him.

Selski, I will write that LD out shortly...still some concepts sorting themselves in this one for me. I guess I should also start an "experience" journal here and collect my more notable ones...
54  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Lucid dreaming's the way? on: September 20, 2017, 07:26:32
This is an excellent topic to have brought up baro-san, thank you for this!

The focus of my thought and research over the last couple of years has gradually concentrated ever more on this exact question: When we each pass on to the Afterlife, what will our 'awareness' consist of? And how hard should we be working on this 'side' to possibly strengthen that awareness while we still have time?

The question finally sort of coalesced for me the last few months- Will my awareness in the 'Afterlife' be more like my present waking awareness, more like my dreaming awareness, or some combination of the two? I think we may take it for granted that we will automatically have some kind of combined or greater awareness, but that seems increasingly a doubtful or circumstantial outcome to me.

Apparently, the manner of death may greatly affect the outcome; that certainly seems plausible.

So, I agree that the pursuit of Lucid Dreaming...the idea of developing the NP Personality, seems of increasing importance. Thank you for the reco on Muddy Tracks, I will have to order that one. The possible fact that a TMI experiencer got caught out may be indicative of just how problematic the situation can be.

I recently finished Holecek's  'Tibetan Dream Yoga' book...excellent. I am now working through my second reading of Kurt Leland's 'The Unanswered Question' which is directly discussing this exact subject. Sadly, it is out of print and only available on the used book market, but I think it is exceptionally good and relevant. Kurt compares the Egyptian Book of the Dead along with the Tibetan Book of the Dead, along with his own experiences and other references. Here are two distinct cultures that each considered this exact question, and found it important enough to record techniques for advising a soul in how to navigate the Afterlife...

Again, it all points back to the importance of recording our dreams and striving to become more aware within them.

And of course, balancing that within our Physical life.

55  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: September 13, 2017, 07:05:59
No problem, you have plenty of experiences to keep you busy...great stuff!
56  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Illuman's Dream Journal on: September 11, 2017, 07:09:07
Right from the start, you are making a great observation and asking a difficult question, lol. Yes, there is no 'ultra noob guide'...it is rather 'all sort of mixed pieces'...I keep meaning to do one...sometime...

A few reasons might be that it is such a vast and unknowable subject, it would rival the Encyclopedia Britannica (does anyone even remember what that was/is? smiley), and most knowledgeable practitioners are reluctant to describe the parameters of such a subject that is so dependent on an individual's experience, perspective and interpretation...so you get 'mixed pieces'...plus most of us do have day jobs... wink

So I will recommend some 'pieces' that more or less reflect my current thinking.

I guess that it comes down to 2 aspects to consider: What do you expect to experience? And what will you experience or are experiencing? Our reluctance to describing the experience comes down to not wanting to limit or direct what might be your personal experience because that may take many possible forms; some of which may not resemble mine in any way.

To attempt to state the process in general terms and as a starting point- The OBE or Out of Body Experience should be re-stated as a changing of the Focus of your Awareness from Physical Reality (PR) to somewhere else, meaning Non-Physical Reality (NPR). You have already done this thousands of times quite naturally in the forms of Dreaming and Daydreaming. It is 're-focusing' away from the Physical perspective (PR). As simple as it seems, most of us don't realize the extent to which we can train and increase this ability. You already have a reservoir of dream experiences to remember, some of which you may find are more indicative of NP Reality than you first imagined. This is why the Dream Journal is so important.

Okay, so there are dreams and daydreams...so what? What do they offer?

By exercising this ability, it gets better. Your dreams become more lucid, which means you increase your awareness within them. These are Lucid Dreams. Then a shift occurs and you realize someone or something is challenging you to learn new skills. And you get some adventures along the way...You may recognize that certain childhood dreams were actually early examples of this educational process (yes, I said educational, implying school...it seems we never leave, lol). In some cases, you interact with aspects of yourself, your subconscious; other times you can meet sentient beings...yes they are actually out there (or in there). It is quite a shock when someone actually contacts you.

Your daydreams may become forms of visualization which are new forms of exercise or techniques to help you re-focus into NP realms.

So what do the other techniques offer and where do they take you?

Of course, nearly everyone wants to stay in control, from beginning to end of an experience...but frankly, for most, that only comes later. The resistance to disconnecting the awareness/consciousness from the physical body either comes naturally for a few or takes some time to learn. Usually a brief period of unconsciousness is required, but that's okay. So just let it happen if that's the way it needs to happen.

Whether it is a specific visualization technique or a meditative technique, I find that either of these is best applied within the context of a WBTB or Wake, Back To Bed technique. You get the additional ease of the natural sleep/disconnect process. Early morning wake-ups can be good, afternoon naps can sometimes be miraculous! Again, this is one of those personal things; it may work for you but not for me.

So the "classic" idea of an OBE can become a bit obsessive, the idea that you lie down, relax and float out of your physical body like a ghost and go wandering about the Earth Plane. Well, that can and often does happen, especially in the early stages; but no one should get hung up and obsessed with having that particular experience for a number of reasons. If it happens that way, then great! But it will change to something else eventually. Or it may start out as something else completely, like a Lucid Dream or an outright Phasing.

Here's how I opened the subject with another member-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_members_introductions/hello_from_switzerland-t45993.0.html

Xanth provides an excellent compilation of ideas that would be part of the 'comprehensive NOOB guide[ drats-the link doesn't work but you can access it from the 3rd Board]
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/xanths_free_60_page_book_“my_astral_projection_truth”-t32983.0.html

And Szaxx provides further context and specificity- This has over a hundred subtle yet exact particulars and nuances describing the NP process-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html

And PR has a pretty classic primer here- it also points out a hard fact that you have to often work hard at something unsuccessfully until the answer occurs to you in a most obvious fashion-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/how_i_got_out_for_the_first_time-t30942.0.html

All that should give both a headache and load your subconscious with plenty of data to look for in your early experiences...

Enjoy, take two aspirin and call us in the morning... grin

EV

57  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Illuman's Dream Journal on: September 11, 2017, 02:15:32
Nice work!

I hope it is immediately apparent how responsive your subconscious/inner self/higher self/whichever was to your 'intent' and the inner instructions you gave yourself by having and remembering these dreams. It isn't always this easy but this is a great start!

A Dream Journal is a great idea for several reasons.

Your desire for a specific type of experience is important and the idea that you have already stated, 'simply to contact guidance and experience the next best experience for your learning' is a great general form of INTENT, which you will come to learn is a central component to any experience/adventure.

A great exercise to begin at this point is the use of Affirmations to learn how easy and straight-forward it can be to communicate messages to your 'inner self'. Keep it simple, like basic programming for a simple computer, and choose one or two simple, positive phrases to repeat to yourself both during the day and as you go to bed.

"I remember my dreams and experiences every night."
"I become aware during my dreams."
"I wish to have contact with 'guidance' tonight."
"I wish to have the next experience that is best for my evolution."
"I am safe and protected always and during my dreams and adventures."

Come up with your own, word it your own way, keep it simple and positive. This works well generally for most people and very well for some. It is a great default technique when other techs seem to not work.

EV
58  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Introduction on: September 11, 2017, 01:46:05
Welcome to the Pulse Illuman,

Like Nameless said, there is plenty of information here to get you started, especially the high-lighted 'blue stickies' at the top of each board. Study a little and then feel free to ask any specific questions.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what do I do during the 3D blackness? on: September 06, 2017, 06:45:48
The truth is- you are already projected; you have shifted your focus into a NP Non-Physical dimension.

The 3D Void or Blackness is an area that can be found just beyond the exit point, wherever you may find it; it can also be a point of re-organization located close within an area where a variety of NP experiences may have occurred that you find yourself returning from.

You may notice just blackness, maybe also some stars or points of light. Also some textural feel or depth, a certain 3 dimensional feel...

This can be simply an area to relax for awhile...take as long as you wish...just be...

If you find yourself still within the 3D blackness at some point, and the thought occurs to you, then let that thought take you to an experience that you desire...express your 'intent'...

This is how it works...
60  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: September 05, 2017, 05:43:30
A good experience and well-handled from an instinctive level. Nicely done Selski!

I think that any time the plot is that involved and somewhat seamlessly shifting through various settings and a variety of even seemingly minor challenges, that it is likely a simulation. Going with the flow appears to be the rule and you did that well, especially not even batting an eyelash at the underwater challenge, lol. Hat tip.

My own dreams/adventures have over the last year or more taken a similar form, a noticeable increase in the low awareness/instinctive type. I have noticed two forms so far: The long, continuous narrative through various but related settings; and the other type involving a series of fade-outs and fade-ins between related scenes, each with its' particular challenge.

A few other consistencies I will offer for the NP mind to look for-

Clear, bright sunshine and blue sky likely indicates peak lucidity for a given environment. Dark skies, not so much.

Any time and in any manner that you are ascending or descending (stairs, hills, elevators, caverns) is [often] an indication of change in lucidity/awareness (either by your own doing or the simulation allowing/forcing the condition upon you as part of the test).

Any time you are on a bus, train, subway and often even in a car, is an indication that you are 'moving' in consciousness to another area of the NPR, likely somewhere in the Dream or Simulation Zones. This often appears to be the case.

What 'they' tell you can be misleading, in order to test for a reaction, or it could be subtle advice. Indeed, they are tricksters!

Little figurines occur with a certain frequency that is interesting; they almost always seem to be sneaky little devices to distract us!

Dreams where you utilize the senses of taste or smell are specific little tests of our ability to engage other levels of Dream Awareness (eg. Level 5 in Leland's Otherwhere, IIRC). 2nd and 3rd person perspective, higher cognitive functioning, making a change in the environment are other examples. You likely did a number of these...

I wonder that the festival, country fair, fairgrounds, big tent, big building is our representation of the energy structure that Leland calls the Dream Zone or a sub-zone such as the Simulation Zone, another subtle indicator to let us know where we are. My sense of 'navigation' within the NP is starting to confirm this concept for me.

Just last week, I had a low-awareness dream involving several of these- First, a bus dropped us off at an outdoor auction; then we were trying to find a path back to the parking lot, either dark tunnels or a staircase that disappeared into a crisp blue sky, or through the doors into the main building; then a lunch scene where I was deciding between menu item #5 or #6 (Dream Levels), (with the waitress interrupting saying, "Looks like you're having a 6."); then the #6 Dream itself which may have involved a retrieval and a little kid (trickster) muttering advice only Confucious would understand, lol.

It keeps the nights entertaining!

61  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 25, 2017, 04:08:18
"Understand you and perhaps sway you", no, I don't think so sadly...you don't appear to be open to changing your opinion. Okay, your choice.

My last thought to you Plasma is this, maybe the noble course is to experience your physical decline and allow the opportunity for your family/friends to deal with it as best they can, in the manner they choose to support you through this period...just maybe that is the more difficult, yet more noble choice...it is a tough thing, I grant you that; I will face my own version likely in several years...

-------------------------------------------

Visitor-

Your opening insights were quite welcome, insightful and intriguing...now you are moving to insistence and arrogance. You might back off a bit; confidence is welcome, more maybe not so.

You might allow us our astral playtime pens. If you have perspective beyond this, then you should also have the responsible perspective that necessarily goes along with that, to allow us to be where we presently are. The fact that you don't automatically recognize this tells me a lot.

Please refer to posters by their proper names; the fact that you missed two is sadly indicative of your disdain and disregard. Maybe just a simple mistake; in your case, probably not.

I have always had a problem with this one- "Money is the root of all evil."

No, the proper translation should be "The love of money is the root of many evils." It is the "love" of many things, all things that lead to power. The love of power over others...accumulation of money is the most immediate method...money is just a form of exchange, a form of convenience... The over-love of money is the same as greed, avarice; a basic unbalance of any form of emotion/desire in the Physical.
Funny how it goes from biblical to fundamental...

62  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 23, 2017, 06:34:50
Wow! Great retrieval interpretation Selski! You have just confirmed that it can occur on a purely instinctive NP level! Nicely done!

There is so much to un-wrap here, I wish I was better at pulling quotes...

I love the 'nudging process'!...I give a nudge, you give a nudge, then Stillwater, catmeow and then T-Man...before you know it, we have all instinctively moved forward somehow and maybe learned something...

'Dream nostalgia'...that was a good call! Think about the various PR emotions we are re-introduced to within our NPR experiences...fear, anger, sexual desire...those are the biggies...then we get introduced to more subtle energies like various forms of nostalgia, fondness, regret, disappointment, hope!...

Selski, your dream recall is amazing and I think the sheer number is indicative that you are learning and advancing on such subtle levels that you may have previously been unaware. My only advice can be to just encourage it and let it unfold as it naturally seems to be happening.

What you are learning and thereby teaching us is just how 'natural' and 'organic' learning is at this point. We don't and won't always understand the dream symbology...maybe the next day, maybe a week later...the key may be to just simply 'trust' that the learning is happening at a very 'instinctive, internal level'...just let it complete itself in it's own way.

"WHAM! -Retrieval jumped into my mind"...yeah, that's how the revelations hit you at this point...it is frustrating, then BAM, the realization hits...

The Glass woman...could be her name, but the first read I had was maybe that describes her 'fragility'...?

If you choose to contact him, you might defer by saying that you 'thought' you were an old school friend and could be mistaken...that may buy you a convenient exit.

Finally, I hope that you suspect to a certain degree that these experiences are showing wonderful progress in the development of your NP personality, a subject that I expect may be of increasing interest to you.

More to come, I'm sure...
63  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Modern day martyr or crazy idea that can't possibly help? on: August 23, 2017, 05:45:08
I think that it is a bad idea for several reasons.

1- It is not, as you think, totally legal. You would be committing willful fraud against an insurance company, despite it's disclaimers. You have, in fact, declared your intent to do that here. With some due diligence, their lawyers might learn this through discovery and therefore argue to void your estate's claim.

2- A $10 million dollar policy would no doubt put your family through a year or more of litigation of the claim, potentially costing them thousands...the pain and suffering that might involve for them?

From a possibly more spiritual perspective-

3- Why would you suppose that you know better than each individual member of your family, what their choice for this incarnation might involve? Maybe they did actually choose the lives they are currently in...and they have no need, nor desire for someone to shove substantial wealth upon them? To possibly complicate things more than they already are for them?

Do you ascribe that power and that right to yourself?

4,5,6 etc- A choice resulting in a difficult personal karmic path...

It doesn't come across to me as an unselfish or noble act...actually more the opposite.

In my own experience, I know how difficult it can be. I hope you take some time to consider alternatives and move beyond this...there is always better.

EV
64  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Journal on: August 17, 2017, 04:03:38
Selski-

Recently I have had a re-think about Dream Triggers/Signals. It hit me about a year ago, and the fact is that I almost never respond to a DT by becoming more lucid. I did at one point early on in my practice, and it seemed like a logical skill that would naturally improve over time; but in fact, the opposite seems to have happened.

(I was all set to speculate on there being more than one type of DT, that there are at least 2: one to trigger Lucid consciousness and another to act as a DT for our NP Personality, a kind of 'internal pivot-point'. And maybe there are more subtle aspects of the DT to explore? Both the exterior type and the interior type.)

And just as I went to type, it occurred to me -What has changed more for me over the last ten years? The nature and quality of my Dream Triggers or the nature and quality of my PR Personality and especially my NPR Personality?

My Dream Trigger has not essentially changed. Maybe there are some newer and more subtle qualities within it. But my DT is still what it has always essentially been: A Dream anomaly, an anachronism, an illogical inconsistency within the Dream storyline.

Selski -Okay, so how about this idea? The fact that you are not becoming lucid from your Dream Triggers/Signals is not because you are missing them, it is because your NP Personality has become developed enough to handle the situation by itself, without resorting to activating the conscious mind!

For me, the genesis of this idea began 3 years ago when I posed the question in my 'How to Avoid a Lucid Dream Despite Nine Easy Dream Triggers' thread in this same forum. Both Lion and Szaxx led me to the answer, and I thought I understood it at the time, but it is only now that the gestation is complete and I have now, a wider perspective. This is an example of a subject Lion, Szaxx and I have promoted discussion on that involves (for lack of a better expression) the education of the NP Personality and its importance to our overall spiritual development.

I will end with a few Szaxx quotes and paraphrases that will hopefully provoke some thinking along this specific line:

"Not taking the DT's is showing you that you do have control, this will be limited but it will be part of your NP personality showing itself instinctively."

"Progress showing itself in your subconscious mind overlapping into a conscious reality performing a necessary change."

Brackets mine-[When the NP personality can't handle the DT], 'the subconscious passes the inconsistency over to the conscious mind to deal with it' [either by becoming lucid, ending the dream altogether or waking up.]

So, maybe we don't get the same opportunities to become lucid that we once did; but this is not a reason for disappointment. This actually is a sign of how our NP Personality has developed to a point where it can better handle itself; the DT's we remember upon waking are still there, but now are signposts of a new territory we are moving into.

Gotta love this stuff!

EV

65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Oversouls and Parallel Realities on: August 17, 2017, 02:37:39
My current thinking mostly aligns with this Oversoul/Parallel Multiverse idea, however I don't think that the majority of us have the advancement necessary to reconcile the contradictions and inconsistencies into a workable worldview...which is also okay with me for now. A few have had brief glimpses of what may be parallel lives/timelines, but that only seems to beget more questions rather than answers.

I don't necessarily see irreconcilable issues with reincarnation/karma/soul development models; maybe our thinking needs to step a bit further away from strictly linear Physical Reality thinking. This has been a continuing necessity to expand my perspective throughout my own life and I don't see it stopping.

From the PR mental perspective it may seem a mind-blowing waste, but the opposite concept appears to dominate throughout the Universe, so maybe we are missing some essential bit.
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How To Do Things (Powers and Abilities) In Dream (/Astral) Worlds (/Realms) on: August 08, 2017, 07:00:33
In reply to the OP, Selski expressed the fundamental requirement to any action within the Non-Physical: it requires the thought of doing it, coupled with the 'Intent' of doing it, expressed by the execution of it. It happens rather instantaneously...if unsuccessful, then you missed a component or the application. When done right, it seems very easy; when done wrong, one is left wondering why.

In my own experience, early on the 'Intent' seems of paramount importance, literally 'all of it', and it can be that simple (such as movement/navigation/transitioning); the middle maneuvers deal with emotions and overcoming them (fear, sexual desire); these require an application of forceful intent/deflection (clue!);the more complicated maneuvers (like reading someone's thoughts/impressing an idea) take some thought and construction, and then the execution of the thought may have its own nuances and requirements; and it all goes either right or wrong in an instant; you are left to wonder after the fact.

The environment/situation IS important. This is where the idea of the 'FEEL' enters into the equation. 'Do as the locals do', if it doesn't feel right when you mentally consider the option, then don't do it, consider another way. If you are continually getting kicked out of experiences in this fashion, then this should be taken as a sign that you need to understand the subtle nature of the question being offered to you, and consider an alternative. This is an example of how tough and subtle the testing is...and it can be quite frustrating.

From my last few years' experience, I can also say that this is a time of development of your Non-Physical Personality, the 'Dream You' and quite possibly the extent of consciousness you will take upon your transition into the next Reality. Simply put, do you want to go into the Afterlife with a 3rd grade education or possibly a 10th grade education, or better?

What makes you think you will automatically know more than you do now, when you transition?

What if it is less? Just a question...

67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Music on: August 04, 2017, 04:33:37
Mind Awake, Body Asleep may not be a condition that is necessarily a preceding condition, but it will need to likely follow pretty quickly after the transition; but if you manage the transition successfully, then you will not even likely notice that your physical body has entered a MABA-state. With that said baro-san is right in that the key is to not let your focus on the music interfere with getting sufficiently relaxed and close to the MABA state.

So if your focus on the music serves to get you there without interfering with that, then go for it...it may be your personal method or exit technique. Certainly something to explore.

Try different techniques, especially any that may prod your interest.
68  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Stillwater's Dream Journal on: August 02, 2017, 06:57:56
#6 -I agree with Nameless in that I can recall something strangely similar. The graphics do indeed help; wish I could do that.

#4 -I don't recall having this experience but it reminds me on at least a few levels of the 'translation tables' that Kurt Leland uses to describe his particular experiences. In his, he frequently describes trips on trains, subways and buses...

The '10,000 foot view' of the highway system reminds me of what Kurt describes as an overview of the transit system to the various areas of the Astral/Mental Realms (or whatever anyone prefers to refer to them as).

Then you are on a beach which can be thought of as an intermediary/boundary layer/transitional area. You are not sure how you might 'transit' the distance, hence the issue with 'footwear' and how long the journey may take.

What does the ocean represent? The 'distance' or possibly the unfathomable distance of your subconscious?

Why do you feel a need to get to the mountain? What is the meaning of Connecticut? Is it that straight-forward a pun? Connect-icut? What will reaching that mountain connect you to?

Either way, this is a great experience that gives me insight into alternatives to my own understanding. Thanks for sharing these!
69  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Selski's Dream Journal on: July 30, 2017, 06:01:44
Selski,

I am totally impressed by your dream recall, the level of detail and more importantly, you recount those extremely baffling/frustrating moments, the very subtle ones that we seem to get lost in. In my own dreams and partial LDs, I am aware of them but frequently am unable to bring them through in recall. They are slightly non-logical, sometimes almost non-sensical, yet they keep us so fixated at the time.

A few comments I will offer for your consideration:

Leland lives in Boston and therefore utilizes at least a couple forms of public transportation: bus lines, subways and trains; therefore, they show in his experiences frequently. I do not use these transport modes so they rarely show in my dreams/LDs. If they do show up in yours, my suggestion is that they may be metaphors for you moving between various areas/levels of the Astral, deeper into the Dream Zone, for starters. An idea to file away possibly. So, just maybe the fast train was speeding you into a far off land with new and unusual entities with unknown potentialities.

The slow-motion backwards somersaults reminded me strongly of your Trampoline Rundown (thank you for that btw!). Maybe that was to spark a memory?

All these singers...Sirens?

"Perhaps this dream...is telling me that these things are NOT important and not to focus so much on them."- I find this an intriguing thought as it occurred to me just last week regarding my own dreams. Is their ignoring/refusal to answer actually a kind of subtle dream signal to look elsewhere within the dream for the 'true purpose' of the dream?

I wonder that this may be a similar realization such as what soarin12 pointed out in her response to my 'Grass, Gravel and an Old Friend' experience: That when we focus in closely on an object and it shimmers or shape-shifts, that this is actually a signal to retract our focus and re-direct it elsewhere within the experience; that this is a kind of small warning that we are focused incorrectly/too fixated and risking having the experience terminated.

I think that you have touched on another aspect of how our 'explorations' can get de-railed in such subtle and confusing fashion, and what to be on the lookout for. Nice!

70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Mirrors as.... doorways to astral projection on: July 29, 2017, 08:28:10
Thank you for sharing that experience serge! This adds to a slowly building database relating directly to a variety of phenomena associated with mirrors, within both Physical and Non-Physical environments.

I have read of similar experiences to both yours and Nameless', although not experienced them myself.

My 3 experiences with mirrors:

1- I have a large 4'x7' mirror over my twin vanity directly off the foot of my bed. About 10 years ago it finally occurred to me how odd it was that I had never noticed, much less looked into or investigated the mirror during an etheric OBE. So apparently, that was enough intention and a few nights later the thought occurred at the appropriate time. The first time I looked into the mirror from the etheric state all I saw was a relatively close reflection of a 'ghostly' me.

2- Several months later, I happened to look into the mirror again, from a RTZ state and I saw something shockingly different. It was like I was staring at my physical body but the outer layer of skin was missing. The underlying musculature, sinew and some organs were distinctly visible. It was quite an uncomfortable sight and I quickly lost awareness. Interestingly, I came across a member's drawing in the Member's Artwork section a year or so later, a piece by Summerlander, which I tried to find but is apparently no longer accessible: it was nearly exactly what I had seen; thus a heck of a confirmation for me. (He had a few drawings that were strikingly realistic to a number of experiences)

3- The time I visited my deceased father, I had made an Etheric exit and noticed a mirror on my bedroom wall (this mirror did not actually exist, but I recognized the opportunity it was affording me in this context). I had been thinking often recently of how a mirror could be used as an Astral portal, intending to try one the next time I had the chance. So there it was and I instinctively announced my 'intent' and 'dived' into the mirror...and off I went.

So, yes, mirrors can be utilized as portals or access points to wherever you want to go. They are the logical first portals that occur to most of us. They still require an 'Intent', a definite thought/desire for a destination. In general, people are easier to travel to rather than places, events or things. Without an Intent, you go nowhere. Once you learn the importance of Intent, then you begin to realize that literally anything can be used as a 'portal'. So it's not the portal that is important, it is the Intent...

A second observation about mirrors is their mercurial nature...they seem to provide a variety of wondrous experiences. I have read a couple times about the 'primitive', also the 'meatsack' such as I saw, plus the seemingly 'parallel world' experience that Nameless described. Is this possibly a mixture of past/present/future/parallel lives that mirrors can present us?

Very interesting devices...
71  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: An astral projection in a dream from a dream... Idk on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:10
Maybe I was unsuccessful in pointing out that there are subtleties to explore within your described experiences; not the ones you necessarily wanted nor expected. We take what we get.

The 'tossing and turning' is just my assumption that you were having trouble falling asleep, therefore switching sleeping positions....hence the hypnogogia and SP effects...this is how it often occurs for me; maybe I was wrong in your case.

'What is next'? Maybe this experience was teaching you the eventual limit of the RTZ world. The electronic mechanisms seemed a useless jumble...

I have many of the same questions that you have. Viewing star systems, visiting deceased relatives, exploring the universe, etc. There are many explorations that I would like to encounter. I had a few but there are still many unanswered questions. Apparently they have decided otherwise and disregarded my wishes by offering a different lesson-plan. This also seems to be the case for you.

I would suggest that the fact that some of your experiences end so quickly is because that you are refusing to participate in the lesson-plan that they are offering.  I don't have a better answer to offer except that how much longer do you intend to bang your head into a wall?

I would like the chance for exploration just as well, a bit of recess even...

Apparently, someone has other plans for us...
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: An astral projection in a dream from a dream... Idk on: July 26, 2017, 02:50:41
I think that these are two experiences that show progress in the development of your NP personality.

I know that they are not completely understandable to you...or to me for that matter, because of course, they are entirely personal to you only; but I think that I can see some ideas that you might find useful.

Again, keeping in mind that this is only my interpretation...

First, I think that it is good that you had two experiences back to back, the same night, and obviously recorded them for future interpretation. Just having the level of consciousness that you displayed during the experiences and the memory afterward, is a good sign of progress.

Second, is that you are noticing the instinctual recognition of the importance and symbolism of light within your experiences. Whether it is a dark, gloomy night or bright, blue sky day; the headlights are bright showing you the way, or dim and barely exposing what lies ahead...this is an indication of your awareness level. A dark environment indicates a low level of awareness, you can try asking for or 'intending' clarity...sometimes this is a low light/awareness condition that is imposed upon you...a condition Szaxx described aptly to me as 'subdued awareness'. This is a testing method of your natural or instinctive abilities. I have found it a method that seems at first a bit unfair, but I have to admit to its ruthless efficacy. That and the emotional angst at the end of Dream 1 may have been a taste of how important awareness is to the possible outcome...

A quick Simulation to show the importance of these two concepts?, maybe, IDK, it was your experience...

You wrote- "On waking I thought about the dream a bit, letting my feelings settle..." I like that period of review between two or more experiences in the middle of the night, another good indicator of the flexibility of your awareness that is developing; it may rob a bit of sleep, but begins to show a whole new realm of nightly awareness and reflection that we can explore. I find these to be very special and unique moments.

The second experience seems to me to be a 'set' of experiences ranging from 'tossing and turning' to SP  hypno effects and some RTZ departures where you displayed some good cognition such as recognizing the 'relative' power involved in invoking help from a Savior. That's not to say that it doesn't help when needed but you had a moment of understanding within the extant environment, which is still important. Your 'fear' is a much more relevant component. That was just one moment of several or many moments of understanding that this experience afforded you; I will leave the recognition of the rest of those moments to you. Meditating on it once more may bring some more recall through.

The cellphone stuff I don't personally find too much to discern, but that specific ending may be showing you the limitations of the RTZ experience. The question then becomes- What is next?

So, to finish, I think this was a really good couple of experiences even though it may not have immediately felt like it. My simple proof is that you somehow felt it important enough to post it and invite comment; that is another sign of your instinct at work...Aha!! grin

And I will suggest a re-read of this if you haven't already-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_dreams/presenting_a_question_for_a_dream_simulation-t46604.0.html;msg362164#msg362164

Good work!
EV
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Entering other people's dreams. on: July 12, 2017, 07:33:41
You can do this, it helps greatly to have agreement beforehand.

I don't know about intruding on someone's personal dream. The idea of personal freedom enters into the equation.

My personal experience: Even with someone's agreement, it can become problematic. For instance, an associate and I agreed to venture several nights with the idea of encountering one another. Easily said, more difficult doing...

I exited one night, had the clear Intent to go visit him,...a short transition through grey foggy clouds and I was in his bedroom, a grey and foggy place, could barely make him out laying on his bed. His girlfriend was plainly apparent, up and leaning on one elbow, obviously aware of my presence and smiling at me.

I called out to him, 'Hey, I'm here, let's go!' wherein he replied (telepathically?) 'I'm really tired, I just want to sleep.' I tried once more, but he ignored me.

Thinking back on it, I should have made off with his girlfriend who was apparently ready and rarein' to go! But that was also another lesson in how Intent can be so narrowly focused...(that I would miss such an excellent opportunity!!) angry

NP lessons are not what we necessarily expect nor what we think we need...
74  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Movies - Lucid Dreaming - Astral Projection - OBE (Out of Body Experiences) on: July 12, 2017, 07:14:48
I agree Xanth, 'What Dreams may come'...a very close depiction...

It has its errors, but still hits close in many ways that resonate with me...someone in that film 'knew' what they were all about.

The transition period, the gradual disconnection... the Belief System Territories, the minor ones and then hers...her private Hell.

I have probably watched this movie more times than any other...
75  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: The Nearly Star on: July 06, 2017, 03:50:11
Hey Selski,

I will just offer a few ideas and then leave it alone. I have always resonated with your thoughts and found that Leland's books have advanced my own views more than any other; your LD paralleled some of Kurt's more significant ones so I thought to mention the fact.

In Leland's book 'Otherwhere', he describes an Initiation of moving through the ten stages of Lucid Dreaming. This takes place for him in an outdoor café setting. In the link that I will provide, is an earlier experience where he is in an all-night diner. The early part of this experience, I think may be pertinent to your experience, the later stuff is still good material to have in your 'mental library' for future use.

http://kurtleland.com/astral-projection-log/2004/115-diner-in-the-sky-astral-and-mental-planes

I will offer this suggestion as to a possible interpretation of your LD. Even though you were taking a laid back approach to the whole process and just enjoying the fun of a LD...they took notice and offered an instructive moment. The guy you spoke to may have been a Facilitator/Instructor. And his questions gently coaxed and challenged you to proceed with the LD. Grabbing your boobs presented at least two challenges: A simple sexual urge challenge (which you successfully ignored) and a slight NP/physical sense test. Maybe the 'feel' of this is correct, maybe not, I could certainly be wrong.

I definitely don't recommend 'bending' any experience to current beliefs/expectations...just the feel of bending should be a sign of the wrong direction.

Leland's Initiation test involves taking a LD through increasing levels: Recognition, 3rd person perspective, sensing sight/sound/taste/smell/touch, making NP changes within the environment, final realization that we are dreaming...

I missed it a year and a half ago with my own  Initiation LD. That's the part that aggravates me; I knew at the beginning that this was a LD, but by the end I missed the moment that required me to once again acknowledge that this was a LD.

I remember somewhen, where you mentioned having one of Leland's books...if it is Otherwhere, then I recommend re-reading the section on Dream Initiation.

I think this LD was 'tempting' you with that challenge.

Just one more interpretation, lol.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34