The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 15, 2017, 17:36:47

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33
776  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: 1,000,000 lb stone moved by Ancient South Americans 20,000 years ago on: April 15, 2009, 05:02:05
Whether diorite or Sackrete cement, it's amazing architecture...

And i think the quote by Plato is so apt...but hasn't he always been such?
777  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: my head still attached on: April 15, 2009, 04:39:27
I agree with more brow or crown chakra work; or maybe just overall energybody work beforehand.

It always struck me as somehow incongruous, reading about others experiencing this 'odd' phenomenon...that was until it happened to ME!
I remember easily detaching by my feet and rotating my feet skyward, only to realise that I was pivoting at my head and otherwise 'stuck'! I kept tugging, trying to float straight up, with no luck. Finally, with a fair amount of frustration building, I just rolled straight up and over and back, flipping out the backside of my head and into a significantly different OBE environment than what I was used to...made me realise there might be a whole lot more truth to Monroe's description of rolling 180 degrees and exiting through the back of his head into a different world than I initially gave him credit for.

It's amazing: given some time, effort and the resulting experience, nearly everything described by the more notable OBE explorers can be validated; at least by my own, personal results.

Enough to keep me looking. Best to all.

EV

778  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Have you ever experienced this? on: April 15, 2009, 04:09:39
I certainly understand the difficulty sometimes, in describing these experiences. Often, I'm at a strange loss for words.

Is what you're talking about maybe, 'phasing'?

I think I've done both; and the old-fashioned, etheric? OBE appears with much more 'physical' qualities and descriptors, while 'phasing'  seems much more mental, with instantaneous 'shifts' in awareness/place/time. No vibes, no noises, no warning...just the shift.

Is phasing a slight evolution beyond the traditional OBE? Or just the other side of the same coin?

Just open-ended questions, I don't know. Although my own practices have seen a gradual reduction in vibrational intensity towards a 'warmth' of vibes and more mental shifting.

EV
779  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The other night.. on: April 09, 2009, 06:12:40
Like Stookie says,
you've observed a couple key aspects already, and yes, the proper conditions can appear rather quickly and unexpectedly.

Keep in mind that you want to always maintain a curious, yet impassive, unemotional attitude when exit symptoms start happening...just let the process unfold and see what happens next, always trusting that you are safe and secure. It can get noisy and freaky! Just roll with it!

Devour as much information from this site and its archives as you can. It all serves to help direct and correlate what you are likely to experience...it sure did for me and still does. Like you said, 'without it I wouldn't be where I am'...I couldn't agree more.

See you out there,

EV
780  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Not feeling vibrations? on: April 08, 2009, 04:00:57
I'll try and add a little to CFT's advice,

First, don't get too frustrated; most of us go through this initial difficulty. IMO you are searching for the trigger or set of triggers that, uniquely, will work for you. You will probably 'stumble' on it, and then have to work backwards to figure out what actually worked. So, try different techniques, different times of the day or during your normal sleep cycle. Read up on the techniques offered on this site.

Every meditation/trance event you undertake, even if it is seemingly unsuccessful, serves to 'program' your subconscious/superconscious/astral mind (or whatever) with your 'intent' to go OBE or Phase, and I think that has to help create the neural/astral connections needed to complete the process.

The vibrations are unmistakeable; the noises and voices can be alarming in their realism; the floaty, disconnected feelings are physically very noticeable...these are great roadsigns but not necessarily present for everyone, or every time.

Personally, I've had a few dozen projections, but never from a clearheaded, waking, meditative trancestate, my ego still refuses to let go. But if I set my alarm for 3 in the morning, and then try meditating, my results improve dramatically. The body is rested and relaxed, and the mind is relaxed. However, sometimes I get nothing after 30 minutes of trance, get frustrated, give up and roll over to go back to sleep; and after a minute Bang! There are the vibrations and I'm lifting out...

My neural/psychic connections seem to be getting stronger, but it's still, admittedly, an imperfect process.

Another thing that helps, as CFT pointed out; any kind of preliminary chakra stimulation or Robert Bruces' energy loosening techniques are very beneficial, at least in my experience.

Best of luck and have fun,

EV
781  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How does it feel? on: April 03, 2009, 03:01:39
It seems to vary with individuals,

For me,  the experience varies depending on one or two things: Intent and Energy. With insufficient Intent, I can be bored, listless and almost immobile. With low Energy, I can be clumsy and almost drunk.

When everything is right, I feel hyper- aware/sensitive/intelligent...like bondgirl3007 says, it's euphoric, both during and after...

Energy work, chakra work and Intent.
782  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Re: Greetings! on: April 03, 2009, 02:47:47
Welcome radiospirit!

I think you'll find this site provides a wealth of archival knowledge as well as 'spirited' current discussion.

Personally, I've recently finished R. Peterson's first book; I have Buhlman's book next in line after I finish Castaneda's "The Art of Dreaming".

Look forward to sharing thoughts.

EV
783  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: confused on: March 06, 2009, 04:16:01
Yikes! Was that bad form?

Only a sincere compliment was intended...

EV
784  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What is your method? on: March 05, 2009, 02:59:52
Try getting up in the middle of the night or whenever your sleep cycle occurs. Get good, restful sleep for about 3 to 5 hours, then move around, read, do something that's not too strenuous or 'mentally-activating' for at least 30 minutes...and THEN try your meditation/trance/exit technique. Your body will still be very relaxed and so will your mind. Experiment with both of these time variables. Personally, it can still take me a good 30 minutes or more before something happens. Sometimes, an hour goes by, I get frustrated and give up, I roll over to salvage an hour or two of remaining sleep...and BANG! Things start to happen. WakeBackToBed Method.

Tricky stuff.

EV
785  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: confused on: March 05, 2009, 02:46:19
Leave it to CFTraveler to hit the nail squarely on its head, just as she usually does...(reply #5). grin

The thought that JB1987 might be the 'abductor' didn't occur to me until later, but that makes good sense, and gets my vote after some reflection.

Always a step behind, but happy to listen and learn...

EV
786  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: any tips for me? on: March 04, 2009, 03:49:27
You seem to be describing two separate things.

1) When you're still 'in' and spinning, flopping around...just let go as best you can and see what happens; worst thing is you fall asleep. You are, experimentally, fishing around for your own particular exit trigger. Only you can find it. What you read and what we offer here can at best, be only hints for what will work for you. Take notes, keep a journal...a year from now you'll be glad you did.

2) You describe being 'out', even if for just a few seconds or so...realise that this is a normal period of mental adjustment taking place. And it can take many small excursions like this for your 'awareness' to adjust and reorient itself to it's new environment. It's 'Focus Training'. And it can take some time and be quite frustrating literally every step of the way. It's astral baby steps...so look at it as fun and adventurous.

EV
787  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Some sort of progress? Or no? on: March 04, 2009, 03:19:13
Welcome Lunarflower,

it sounds like you're getting some activity in your brow chakra; keep working with that and do some searching on these forums on 'chakras'. Also, there's a helpful 'Astral FAQs' section worth spending some time on. The more you can read from these 'Permanent Sticky Topics', the more info you will have to correlate with what you experience in the early stages of your practice. Little tidbits of what you read will eventually resonate with what you experience, and then you'll start to have some context to work with.

Go with the flow through your brow chakra; you may find yourself in the RTZ (RealTimeZone) or in the 3D Blackness. Research both those terms.

See you out there!

EV
788  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I THINK I DID IT!! on: March 04, 2009, 02:57:51
I think ancient_one states it pretty succinctly,

once I 'tune in', I automatically shift my focus elsewhere and forget about the vibrations. When I rejoin the physical, I may notice the vibrations or I may not. Sometimes I can 'rev' them up again for another excursion, or if my energy is low, I can't and they fade or slow down.
789  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I THINK I DID IT!! on: March 02, 2009, 05:30:54
bonthan,

what I was trying to describe in the last paragraph of my response about the WBTB method was with regard to your description of your experience where you explained that you woke up at 7am, got something to eat and then returned to bed.

The Wake Back To Bed method recommends that you go to sleep at your normal bedtime, say 11pm, but rather than getting a 'full' nights sleep ( say you normally wake up at 7 or 8am) instead you set your alarm for 3 or 4am...you get up and putter around for 30 minutes to an hour and then return to bed and begin your meditation or exit process. Now, the trick is, during the 30 minutes to an hour that you're awake, don't just lay there dozing, but also don't go jogging for an hour. Maybe read for awhile, stretch a little, clean your room, write some OBE affirmations...the trick is to do something 'in between' for both your mind and body that both engages them and 'wakes' them up but NOT TO THE POINT where you feel like now you're fully awake and might as well just stay up and start your day.

If you just lay there dozing, you're more likely to fall back into sleep; maybe at best you'll get a Lucid.

This technique serves two important purposes: 1- your physical body has had enough 'deep, restful sleep' that it won't just drag your awareness down into the depths of oblivion; 2- your awareness will still be 'relaxed' enough that you can more easily enter into a 'trance state' which translates to an exit opportunity with more lucidity.

It's a fine line, a delicate balance, to find what initially works for you. Maybe this, coupled with the Buhlman technique that you found is 'your' particular trigger. Experiment and have fun!

And don't necessarily expect any exit symptoms immediately, it can still take an hour or more; sometimes nothing happens for me until I give up and roll over to go back to sleep...then BANG!

After years of evening meditations, toying with exit symptoms, I realised, quite by accident that the early morning tek was my individual trigger. Maybe with time and continued practice, I'll be able to succeed with an early evening exit someday.

Also, what CFT said...ya gotta climb the rope. In more ways than one. grin

Keep on trucking!

EV
790  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: confused on: February 27, 2009, 05:16:09
Probably some senior members such as CFTraveler, Stookie, Selski, et al could lend a more experienced viewpoint.

But I'll offer this:

If your friend is interested in and predisposed to OBE and had the possible intent of 'visiting' you, then the answer seems pretty straightforward in that a 'helper' assisted him in coming to visit you. Could have been a seperate entity, if he somehow put out a strong enough desire/message; could have been his 'guide' or even an aspect of his 'higher self'. Who knows?

Sometimes you get exactly what you ask for! Pretty cool.

The idea of 'abduction' would be way down on my list.

EV
791  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I THINK I DID IT!! on: February 27, 2009, 03:31:10
Congratulations bonthan,

I'll add a little to what dbmathis said,

In the old days, according to Theosophic theory, you encountered the "Dweller on the Threshold" phenomenon, which basically postulated that every new astral projector would encounter a 'guardian' standing at the 'gates of the astral' challenging any who would think they were worthy to enter...

IMO, and what seems to be the more modern thinking is that this is some residual subconscious fear that you still hold, even though you may be unaware of it, and this is how it manifests, scaring you or challenging you, trying to get you to retreat back into sleepy unconsciousness. Just the simple fact that you didn't let it terrorize you and blow the whole experience is a significant accomplishment. Next time the horsehead may not even appear; if it does (and it might even change form) then you'll need to deal with it.

You have several degrees of options: the best would be to send it waves of unconditional Love, thank it for its gentle warning, but tell it that it's no longer necessary, that you're ready to move forward. Or, you could 'COMMAND' it to leave you alone in any manner of personally suitable ways. Or you could attack it, whereupon it may instantly retreat or give you a good fight...or simply ignore it and focus on moving out of body.

Eliminate negative thoughts as best you can, anywhere, anytime. Also, program your subconcious with positive affirmations toward what you are trying to accomplish; it seems almost too simple, but it is nonetheless very effective.

The other thing I notice is that , yes, the Buhlman technique seemed to work well for you, but also keep in mind the WakeBackToBed (WBTB) method that you may have inadvertantly applied. Your body was rested but could fairly readily slip back to sleep, same with your mind. But you keep your mind occupied 'just enough' while your body slips easily into a very relaxed state, and that's when the fun begins. grin

Hope some of this gives you ideas.

EV
792  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Blind on: February 20, 2009, 06:34:45
Envix,

this is frustrating, I know, it still happens to me from time to time.

Walking, talking, seeing...all seem like simple, straightforward things that we should be able to perform pretty easily but that's not always the case.

I think it all has to do with the fact that when we are OOB we are not operating a physical body but rather an 'energy body', and all the sensory inputs and tactile, mobility commands that we are used to, no longer operate in the same fashion as the physical.

Your mind has to now first figure out how to properly receive new sensory data, translate it into something that it is familiar with and then figure out how to manifest a response to it.

Like a baby learning to walk, talk, grab things...express itself.

Movement is not physical, it's mental...either by floating or flying or instant transport.

Talking is sometimes verbal, but mostly telepathic.

Vision is of differing types, sometimes distinctly physical and narrowly-focused, othertimes 360 degree bodily awareness, and sometimes clairvoyant--seeing/knowing. It can be quite confusing!

Your mind is just trying to figure out how to translate this new data, how it should perceive it, receive it, organise it.

I have tried the "Clarity now!", "I want to see!" method four times, twice it worked and twice it didn't...

You might try some daily affirmations like, "I am now able to see clearly when out of body", to program your conscious and subconscious mind for the next level of awareness that you are trying to achieve. This seems important to me in that you are trying to get your mind to incorporate a new type of data into your world of experience that it is, so far, rejecting or incapable of translating.

Not necessarily a big deal; if you're trying to learn how to ride a bike and your feet keep slipping off the pedals, then you spend a few minutes focussing on keeping your feet firmly planted on the pedals...until it becomes second nature; then you work on the next thing.

And with OBE, there seems to always be 'a next thing". Whether it's big or small...so don't be frustrated.

Enjoy the ride!

EV

793  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Did I just have an OOBE??? on: February 13, 2009, 04:29:01
Personally, I'd qualify it as a projection, but as VagusEques says, you had a lot of dreamstate overlay/interference.

That's a large part of the fun in deciphering just what's going on, especially in the early stages.

But your excellent, detailed description shows, at least to me, that you had good awareness and good memory of the event. You became aware early on, and you apparently , consciously ended the experience.
There was plenty of 'reality fluctuation' as Robert Bruce puts it, but you reported it quite clearly.

Being in an 'unfamiliar place', with not totally 'familiar people' made for a confusing environment where all sorts of misunderstanding could occur.

So the question of 'was it real or dreamstate?' becomes a question of degree...and that, is ultimately, up to you.

EV
794  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OK, what's the problem here? on: February 12, 2009, 04:33:36
The_One,

Everybody is different to some degree; nobody has an answer as to what will absolutely work for you.

All I can say is to keep trying; the result is worth it!

We all have different situations and triggers that may work for us, so experiment.

You may not get vibrations or sounds; maybe you're more visual.

In my own experience, I may try hard for weeks on end with no results; so I walk away and just drop it for a month; then something unanticipated happens all by itself. Go figure...

Research this site and fill your mind with all the information these people are sharing; it's invaluable and at some point something will resonate with your experience.

Read the books; I have accumulated over thirty on this subject.

Vary your attempts. Try getting up for half an hour in the middle of the night, reading for awhile and then observing yourself fall back to sleep. Monitor your consciousness like you were fishing on a river, with the current (sleep) constantly tugging at your lure (your consciousness), and you gently maintaining its position, giving a little line then slowly reeling it back in, all the while observing what's occurring.

If you get sick, catch a cold or get the flu; this can be a great opportunity, though not the most desired one, while you're in one of those fitful sleeps, your mind is tired and off balance--you might find an exit opportunity.

What you're looking for is that 'accidental moment' where you 'apply your intent' and achieve an OBE. And your mind/subconscious says, in response, "Oh, is that what you were looking for?" And the all important first connection is made.

In my understanding, the vibrations and sounds are not beyond the sleep stage, they are precursors or just before it.

Hope some of this helps

EV
795  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First time using phasing technique on: February 12, 2009, 03:32:18
owl,

great phasing experience! The mind screen is where it's at!

in as quick a summary as I can,

Currently there are two basic types of OBE:

Classical OBE--exiting the physical body in a projected double into an environment that appears to be a real-time physical/etheric counterpart to 'our' physical world, with a multitude of subtle variations. Authors Muldoon and Peterson describe these.

Phasing--nearly, if not total, physical immersion into dreamstate and other dimensions, ranging from spiritual to parallel realities. Authors Monroe, Kepple, Moen describe these.

Great stuff in each; one leads into the other and vice versa.

For the latest, greatest research, study Frank. And all the veteran posters I mentioned.

With regard to guides, personally, I've 'asked' numerous times, but still no response. Maybe I'm deaf.

Still on my own,

EV
796  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Any Helpfull hints? on: February 12, 2009, 03:04:58
Yes, the vibrations are almost always a wonderful indicator/signpost that you are close to an OBE, though not an absolute guarantee.

Also, you may find that, over time, the vibes begin to diminish in intensity or disappear altogether. Why, I don't know; maybe we just become so accustomed to them that they lose their prominence; maybe they're just a subconscious signal that we provide ourselves that we finally no longer need.

Another thing you mention is body position for OBE and yes, I would recommend experimenting with that. Try a more upright position, propping yourself up in bed or sitting in a recliner for an OBE attempt and see what that brings.

I got that idea from one of CFTravelers posts, that she uses a recliner frequently. It occurred to me to try it one morning and I had the most amazing phasing experience as a result.

Good progress acidicstar, I'm still jealous. smiley

EV

797  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OK, what's the problem here? on: February 09, 2009, 03:20:01
owl and saberdog,

you're very welcome, I'm happy to share what I know (or at least am pretty certain of  grin).

Twenty years ago, I didn't have all these different techniques and bits of theories to work with, therefore I stuck with the plain old 'meditate in the afternoon or evening' technique. What I should have tried was getting up at 2 in the morning, or 3 or 5am; or taking a nap in the middle of a quiet Saturday. Reinforcing my OBE desire by reading, or using affirmations all the while.

At some point, the connection is made, often seemingly by accident...and then we have a couple OBEs. Then if that connection can be steadily reinforced, it becomes more permanent and useable.

owl,

you mentioned 'clarity of mind'. Yes, once you get a taste of your first few OBEs, many people find a tremendous variation in their clarity. Sometimes you're dumb and stumbling, sometimes clueless as to what to do next, othertimes you feel SuperSmart...it seems to vary according to your energy level and your intent.

It is always an adventure!

EV
798  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Any Helpfull hints? on: February 09, 2009, 02:51:50
We're not ignoring you; we're probably just jealous at your apparent success so quickly achieved. grin

Seriously, that sounds like a good start! Don't get frustrated by the fact that for every single step forward, it seems that you come to a halt and ask, 'Okay, where do I go from here?' That's the way the process seems to work for most of us.

Although you didn't achieve an outright conscious OBE through your 'relaxation stuff', IMO you sent a strong enough message to your subconscious that it set up the proper conditions once you relaxed enough and fell asleep; then your subconscious 'woke you up', with everything ready to go. Nicely done and a big THANK YOU to your subconscious!

That may in fact, be YOUR technique to work with for awhile. You may try some others, but damn, that sure seemed to work right out of the gate.

2 ways to work with the vibrations. 1) Many people experience them as a fiery ring of vibrating energy that encircles the body and travels up and down, head to toe and back. You work on controlling the vibratory rate and the travel rate, slowly increasing both in frequency until you feel like 'lifting out'.
2) You feel the vibrations as a generalised, non-specific, whole-body vibration and just work on raising the frequency to the point where you try a 'liftout' (pick your own point as I still can't define where mine is).

This may or may not work the first few tries; don't get frustrated, it's a lot of small steps.

EV
799  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: i think i am projecting on: February 07, 2009, 05:15:26
Like jub jub said,

when it happens, you'll definitely know it. Same with vibrations; it may start as a light buzzing or tingling in one part of your body, but full-blown vibrations will be unmistakable, they will shake you to the core and likely scare the hell out of you the first few times.

Keep trying, keep researching...and enjoy the journey!
800  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: tell me about the physical world on: February 07, 2009, 05:04:19
There is no such thing as an 'easy technique'.

It's not a question of 'hard' or 'easy'.

You have to find the technique that works for you. There are many, many 'signposts' that can point you along the way. Many of your questions can be answered by doing research on older posts on this website.

When you hit on something that works for you, then it will seem 'easy'...at least for that one step...

Then, just like the rest of us, you move on to the next step, or the next set of questions...

Rinse, lather and repeat!

EV
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33