The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 16, 2018, 13:31:26

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36
801  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Life after death on: November 21, 2010, 02:32:55
I'm not sure there are any guarantees. It doesn't have to be an eternal cycle according to Thomas Campbell, even a 'just short of eternal' cycle or 'slightly less than an infinite' universe is still really long or really big.

Are we granted this chance at awareness or did we earn it somehow? Is there a minimum requirement to maintain it, expand it, develop it? And if we fail, does our awareness get subsumed back into our soulgroup or some cosmic soup of awareness?

These are some of the questions that people like Gurdjieff and Castaneda had very definite opinions on. Even Buddhism points at the necessity of creating a body of Light to transcend Death (or so I understand).

Just some thoughts.
802  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Aliens on: November 21, 2010, 02:00:49
Yeah, only slightly disturbing... jeez...
803  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Near lucidity? on: November 21, 2010, 01:31:14
Have you tried affirmations? Simple things really... but they can work and you can be very specific. Try something like " I will become aware in my dreams and recognise the fact." Repeat that three times in the morning and three times before sleep every day for a week and see what happens. Modify as necessary.
804  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Short Film/Music Video on: November 20, 2010, 23:13:59
Eerie, slightly creepy and very cool. Great video. I like experimental directions like that music explores...sometimes it works, sometimes not.

So what was the third white being? Death? Finally came to take him...
805  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Aliens on: November 20, 2010, 22:35:46
I don't know about the aliens or their possible motives, but something is zooming around the skies of our planet. The big, black, silent triangle UFOs get most of the attention, but there's also the fireball/ sphere variety. They're easily passed off as meteors and that is certainly the case with many, no doubt, but others aren't so easily explained.

I saw one up close back in 1995. I was driving late one night through the hills of western Pennsylvania, very isolated area, when all of a sudden my vehicle and the surrounding mountains and valley were bathed in a very intense pulsing blue light (one pulse/sec). It was lighting up the countryside up to a mile away almost like it was daytime. The source of the intense light seemed to be over my left shoulder and above, so for the first few seconds I thought maybe a jetliner was about to crash on top of me. As I continued descending the mountain highway, I could begin to see the lightsource through the trees on the other side of the highway, about 80 to 100 yards off to my left. As the treeline receded, it came into full view. It was a perfect sphere, hovering motionless and soundless about 300 feet over the valley floor. Its size was difficult to estimate, not having anything near it to give some scale, but I'd say it was 100 to 150 feet in diameter. It was a deep, rich Royal Blue with a black band encircling its equator and another black, concentric circle toward the bottom of its lower hemisphere. The sphere appeared tilted on its axis between 25 and 30 degrees.
  I knew I was looking at something incredible, so I quickly checked the road, lifted off the gas, and literally stuck my head out the window and stared at this thing for probably 6 or 7 seconds, taking in as much as I could. It was stunning! Impressions ran through my head that just couldn't do justice to what I was seeing; it was beautiful, pure in its design, so simple and yet so obviously advanced; it was like it had been cut out of the night sky with a laser beam; it was not surreal, but somehow super-real. I had the distinct impression that it was technologically way off the scale, compared to our abilities. When I finally was forced to look back at the road, in that instant the flashing blue light switched to green, which disoriented me just slightly and delayed my looking back at the object for a couple seconds. When I did look again, it was simply gone.

There's more to the story but suffice it to say that this object was reported as a UFO/meteor by dozens of people that night as it streaked across Windsor, Ontario down across Lake Erie past Pittsbugh finally to intersect where I was; and apparently I was the last one to see it that night and the only person to see it motionless. It's also possible somebody shot a missle at it.

And don't get me wrong...this might have been military, I'm open to that, but I think it is a very small possibility.

There's an interesting writeup on the event by a lady named Amy Hebert. Google 'the Windsor Incident'. There's also a crappy snippet video of the object, but at least it's something.

I had a psychic reading done a year later; the lady was pretty good and it occured to me to ask her about the event. "They check in on you from time to time.", was her reply.

Great. Lovely.
806  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Projection or a dream? on: November 11, 2010, 01:39:46
Hey Sodom,

that sounds like a great first OBE! It's okay if you don't feel a lot of control at first, that comes with time. Also, you can't always predict when the right time for an exit will present itself; you did a great job recognising that one. Well done!

EV
807  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Vibrations? on: November 07, 2010, 19:52:19
Hey Withers,

the consensus opinion on vibrations seems to be that some people get them and some don't, but they are not a necessity to a successful projection. If you do experience them, they are a wonderful indicator or signpost that you are close to an exit; at this point you should continue doing what had gotten you to that point and otherwise ignore or simply be observant of how the vibrations change. Anytime that I've tried to modulate or otherwise control the vibrations has been 50/50 at best. They can be rather ephemeral and I usually lose them. I always get full body vibes; only once can I remember feeling them localised in my legs, I think.

Localised vibrations could indicate some type of energy body 'blockage', if you follow that kind of idea. So, some chakra work or energy work could be in order. On the other hand, you said you felt the localised vibes after a short period of sleep. You may well have been noticing the vibes as they were dying down, as your unaware energy body was reintegrating with your physical (noticing them on the way back in as opposed to on the way out, as it were).

You can experience some discomfort and what seems like real pain when first encountering these energy states, but it's rare and probably a consequence of fear and misunderstanding how real and visceral these energies can be. My first encounters with vibrations, I thought I was literally being electrocuted, but they soon smoothed out and now are felt like a reassuring warmth. When my brow chakra fired up the first time (I guess that's what it was) I thought a firecracker had gone off in my head and I'd swear it hurt for an instant. Some of your discomfort could also come from pushing a technique too hard for too long. I know how frustrating it can be, but sometimes you have to back off, let go and see where it takes you.

Actually, if you can keep your awareness pretty intact as your body drifts off to sleep, like you described initially, you should check out Frank Kepple's Phasing techniques. Those voices you hear are just the beginning of hypnagogia which you can use as a 'stepping off point' once you get the visuals slowed down.

My two cents. Good luck!
808  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Pretty sure I projected? on: November 07, 2010, 00:08:34
Congratulations,
what you've described is pretty much the classic, first-time etheric/RTZ OBE with an assortment of confusing and conflicting sensations. It gets easier and better with practice and understanding of what's going on...or at least a consensus opinion of what's going on.

So, you managed to exit your body and promptly crumpled into an awkward, clumsy heap by your bedside? grin Same thing happened to me early on; you're trying to figure out how to operate this new 'body' you inhabit, and it's not quite as easy as first thought. First thing to do is to increase your awareness/lucidity. There are several ways: You can simply 'ask' for it by thinking something like "Clarity now!" or "Increase my awareness now!", or once I tried deep breathing which very quickly transformed into me 'drawing' energy from my physical, or like you did, look at your hands every ten seconds or so-that seems to help stabilise awareness. Also, you can try grabbing hold of something, like a railing or the edge of a desk.

Next thing to do is try and get at least ten feet away from your physical, as that seems to minimize some feedback/distortion symptoms that can occur. If your bedroom is large enough to let you do that without having to pass through a door into a hallway, then fine. Passing through 'portals' such as doorways, windows and walls may or may not present a problem--it does for me, I almost always 'shift' somewhere other than my house, either into a Lucid Dream or possibly the Astral. It's so frustrating! lol

One of those feedback/distortion symptoms, at least in my opinion and personal experience, is the female voice you describe whispering in your ear. I've had whispers, shouts, urgent messages that were just gibberish, gunshots, chainsaws, air compressors...all sorts. Once you fully exit your physical, all that 'noise' should disappear. Personally, I think it springs from your subconscious as one last desperate act to distract you from exiting.

For me, etheric/RTZ OBE's call for a fair amount of energy, I guess to maintain both the second body and my awareness in it. It's like scuba diving, I only have a few minutes of 'bottom time'. Another tech to consider is doing some 'energy work' earlier in the day, like Robert Bruce's NEW Energy Ways.

Hope some of that helps, otherwise great job! Have fun and be sure to report back! EV
809  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Demons do not exist! on: November 06, 2010, 01:39:53
I tend to agree with your analysis Xanth. My experience is  admittedly, limited to some 40 plus OBE's over 30 years, just beginning to accelerate in the last few years; but I have never run into any demons or evil entities that , upon reflection, weren't simply a creation of my own. I still remain open to the possibility of 'concentrations' of negative energy, whether they be demons, 'neg parasitic life' or whatever, but I simply haven't encountered them. Maybe I haven't been out 'far' enough, maybe my general scepticism is, so far, enough to keep me from encountering them... I dunno, I'm still open to possibilities.
810  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: What does your reflection look like while projecting or having an OBE? on: November 03, 2010, 21:37:39
That's interesting. Likewise for me, I've thought to check for my reflection 3 times and each time was different. The last time I seemed 'normal'; the second time I looked slightly out of focus and 'ghostly'; the first time was rather a shock as I appeared to be lacking an epidermal layer of skin, so what I saw was this mass of muscle and sinew, although it was not correctly arranged anatomically. The impression I got was "this is a big package of meat'. Very unsettling moment.

Several months back, in the Members Artwork section, someone posted a drawing of his reflection in a mirror and it was very similar to the 'meat package' image that I saw. It shocked me into remembering my own incident. The artwork is gone now, I guess lost when the Forum went down.
811  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Okay so now your body is fully relaxed, and your mind is fully awake. Now what? on: October 28, 2010, 05:38:10
Hi akakaaykay,

my experience tells me that you are still, not deep enough into the trance state. I struggled with this for literally, 20 years, on and off. At some point, you just have to "let go", and see if that takes you somewhere... the worst case being, you just fall asleep.

But keep in mind, all the time, you are slowly programming and reorganizing your beliefs on a subconscious level...and a certain amount of that is probably necessary to take place.

Another technique to try is the WBTB, Wake Back To Bed method. Set your alarm for 2 or 3 hours after you have gone to sleep, get up and putter around for 15 to 45 minutes and then try entering into trance. Maybe this will give you different results; it worked wonders for me.

Keep trying, the results are worth the effort! EV
812  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: False awakenings - your experiences on: October 27, 2010, 00:14:02
Hi Timandra,

That's interesting. I had a similar event a few months ago. Middle of the night, I "woke" just enough to realize I was in sleep paralysis (which I guess is a false awakening) to find a little 6 or 7 year old girl, blonde hair, blue and white dress, standing at the foot of my bed smiling at me. I thought, "hello" and she instantly transformed into a man leering at me with seemingly malevolent intent. Okay, stay cool I thought, and I raised my hand to blast him with a cosmic bolt (always wanted to try that). Well my cosmic bolt passed through his chest with no more effect than a vortex swirl, whereupon he grinned even more evilly and reached out to grab me by the shoulders and start shaking me violently. Okay, stay cool and figure out plan #2, I thought. So, taking a bit of a chance I hit him with a full body wave of Light, Love and Humor...whereupon he instantly vanished and was replaced by 3 kittens tumbling onto my bed, followed by a big, fat tabby that rolled onto its back, expecting me to rub its tummy...which I did as I sunk back to sleep.

A little lesson in Fear and Response from my subconscious/ higher Self?lol

Be well, EV
813  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Please Help- Scary First Time Experience on: October 17, 2010, 20:20:17
Awesome first OBE Six!! and great description of it!

Like mcdwg said, you packed two or three firstime OBE's all into one neat package...well done!

I'll add a few observations based on my own experiences:

Don't fear the Sleep Paralysis, instead use it as your launchpad to go oob; just as you did. Just understand that when you first encounter SP, you are already likely in, or very close to an Astral Awareness state; therefore, any emotional energy you inadvertently release (ie FEAR) will get reflected back at you in multitudes of ways--loud noises, screams, the idea of burglars breaking-in, visuals of shapes, shadows...anything at all to scare you or distract you. In my opinion, you took some of this "anxiety energy" with you out into the garden and that gradually grew into a greater and greater generalized fear. I haven't come across a clear explanation of what this phenomenon is, but it seems to diminish the quicker and further you can move away from your physical body, say 10 to 15 feet. Personally, I think it's some kind of subconscious defense mechanism, trying to dissuade us from projecting, and over time I've had less and less issues with it. Also, as you will find anywhere in the Astral, you have to keep your emotions under constant control, trying to maintain a "calm and detached, impassive observer quality". Finally, dispell any fear you may have; it appears nothing can hurt you. Affirmations, prayers of protection, bathing yourself in white light are good insurance, but if you do get into a scrap, the best defense is to radiate Love and Humor. Melts 'em every time.

Your description of trying to move about is pretty standard for the first few outings, I went through the same thing, like an underwater drunk grin! You get better with practice.

The music...with a song seemingly tailored for you...? I haven't experienced that one but one possibility could be your subconscious safety-mechanism acting up again. I've found mine can be very crafty and subtle...

Hope some of that helps, can't wait for your next report. Now go flying and have some fun!
EV
814  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Iso-Tones on: October 14, 2010, 21:02:57
Thanks for the link PR!

Are these like binaurals in that they have differing leftchannel, rightchannel frequencies? Does that then require headphones for best effect or can I play them on normal speakers?

Also, are these MP3 files only? Can I put these on my Ipod or Iphone?
(sorry, I'm techno/slow)
Thanks,EV
815  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Question regarding Birth Choice and Birth Defects on: October 14, 2010, 20:55:44
I think it's all the reasons you guys have described.

Michael Newton, using regressive hypnotherapy, has studied hundreds of people and their descriptions of soul and soulgroup interactivity. He's published 2 books,"Journey of Souls" and "Destiny of Souls", both of which I thought were pretty good.

What he basically concludes is that we are all here to learn and develop through various levels of physical/mental/emotional/spiritual experience; we commit to these experiences voluntarily, with advice and encouragement from our teachers/guides/higher aspects; some of these experiences are individual lessons, others are for the soulgroup we are each a part of; each soulgroup is composed of souls that are approximately at the same level and speed of development and spend lifetime after lifetime returning to Earth, like actors in a play, to perform in various roles and relationships for one another, supporting, contrasting or,  even conflicting if needed. I may be his grandfather in this life, and his son in the next. Next time I may be her son who dies of fever at  3 years of age to give her the experience of losing a child and learning to cope with it...in the meantime I may be releasing some "karmic debt" by agreeing to such a short life given to help educate another soul. And so on, apparently.

I dunno, it does make me look around at my family members and close friends (and enemies!)...and wonder.

Best regards to all,
EV
816  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I always go into a dark spiral on: October 06, 2010, 05:03:13
Okay, my opinion; look at it this way: You are having multiple Fo2 experiences; that's good but basically you're wandering around in your own subconscious dreamstate. Great fun, and some key metaphorical/symbolic lessons... i'm thinking of #18 and #19 that you described...

When you're ready to try something new when in one of these episodes...stop! Slow down just a bit. Increase your awareness by looking at your hands, or grab hold of some object, or try spinning. Then look for a portal...a doorway, a window, mirror or picture and as you pass through it express your intent to go somewhere in the astral or visit someone, or learn some particular lesson...and then let it take you where it will.

Sounds like you're getting out there; now go with some serious intent.
817  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I always go into a dark spiral on: October 05, 2010, 05:09:00
I think you're further than you may have given yourself credit for... sounds like you may actually be at the 3D Void, which is apparently the best "jumping off point" to go wherever you may want to go.

I agree with Xanth in that many of your "lucid dreams" have in fact been OBEs. The difference is in degree and ...in intent.

I've suffered from the same thing... what to do next? Step by small step, you have to have a clear intention of your next action. It has stalled me out many times, leaving me wondering 'what happened?'

There could be still a subconscious component such as fear or 'refusal to believe' that you're facing, but next time try something as simple as 'asking for vision' or 'asking for clarity' or 'eyes open'...understanding that you're not really opening your eyes but asking for the metaphorical/astral equivalent.

Keep on, EV
818  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I'm not entirely sure what to make of this... on: September 25, 2010, 22:24:33
I agree with Naykid, what you are describing appears to fit within the range of "normal" sleep paralysis/transition/separation effects...and yes, they can be freaky and confusing, but the vast majority of these things are creations of your own mind and though they can't hurt you, they can scare you IF you let them.

Two things I've found that may help; you mentioned that you felt "vulnerable" during SP. You have to get over that. Eliminate that fear. Even the least little fear and worry is enough to be reflected back at you in the forms and feelings that you described. You need to try to maintain a cool, calm and detached attitude. Anything gets in your way, just radiate Love and Humor at it. You have to let go and take that chance a few times and you'll find that it works.

Also, after separation, move away from your sleeping physical body as soon as possible; get at least 10 to 15 feet away and you'll find that these "transition" effects quickly diminish and disappear. Somebody described it as a kind of energetic feedback that creates this chaos when the projected double is too close to the physical. In your post, you told of crawling over to a chair, raising yourself up and turning around to realize the "presence" had disappeared...how far away were you at that point from your physical?

Sluggish movement in the RTZ is normal early on and can happen anytime, maybe it has to do with low energy, simply just forgetting how to apply that energy or could even be a manifestation of a subconscious block.

For an interesting read, do a Wiki search on Sleep Paralysis.

Good job and good luck!

819  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First time, got bitten by a bunny! on: September 15, 2010, 22:55:55
Hi Re,

great post and good analysis of what happened (at least imo)! Definitely an OBE in my book. You got stuck at the head AND had a rather interesting Dweller experience...I guess a 2 foot bunny is better than a 20 foot bunny!!

Early on, it appears for many of us, that even the seemingly straightforward process of separation can get bogged down and become clumsy and confused; you get stuck at the head, stuck at the waist, one foot stuck, etc. Then when you do get loose, you either clump around like a drunk, deep-sea diver or you float up and bang around the ceiling trying to get down; your vision is impaired and distorted in ways you can't yet find words to describe; you're not sure whether to walk, swim or fly...and on and on.

I agree totally with your idea of utilizing Sleep Paralysis as a launch point; it's what I end up doing when it happens in the middle of the night or early morning. You do have to beware of all the possible hypnogogic "noise" that you may encounter and not be distracted by it, bunnies notwithstanding!
Using SP dovetails somewhat with a technique called WBTB (Wake, Back To Bed)...that's more a timing tech rather than a separation tech but has worked well for me.  Also, don't get too caught up with making one tech work, just be aquainted with many so that the right one will naturally occur when the time comes (which is what you seem to have already done very well).

Frank Kepple's ideas are excellent. Read as much as you can. Don't get his Focus levels confused with Robert Monroe's. Monroe's first two books are also excellent descriptions of Fo2 and Fo3 experiences. They are Journeys Out Of The Body and Far Journeys.

How do you get from Fo2 to Fo3?   I'm still working on that one myself and the best advice I've seen comes from Frank a few years back where he gives a technique for Phasing from 2 to 3 by letting the backdrop of your Fo2 reality slowly give way to either  the 3D Blackness or to a new Fo3 reality. He called it the "Slat Effect" and it is like standing in front of a window with a venetian blind and on the back of the closed blind is painted your Fo2 backdrop; as you slowly reverse the blind (and express your intent on where to go) the Fo2 image slides away and is replaced by the  new Fo3 image ...and you step into it if you're not already there. Do a search here on the "Slat Effect"...awesome stuff! (thanks Frank)

Great job and welcome!  EV
820  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Frank's Posts PDF! on: April 22, 2010, 03:22:28
Great work Xanth! Thanks for that.
EV
821  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: astral travels into the universe on: August 27, 2009, 04:46:45
Thanks Tayesin,

yeah the bubble theory talk has piqued my interest over the last year or so. Following Upstreams' thoughts is difficult and demanding, but ultimately intriguing! Any more info or past posts you could point our way would be most appreciated.

By way of reptilians, are you seriously meaning the David Icke variety? I mean I'm open, but even my 'conspiracy' leanings only lean so far... though I do harbor suspicions, grin

All the best, EV
822  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Trance technique on: August 27, 2009, 04:24:14
Thanks, those are good techniques; I especially like the 'reversing car sensation', I'll have to try it.

These are 'trance techniques' that, if extended in a couple ways, can be something I've recently become aware of and that is the idea of using a creative visualisation called a 'rundown'. Basically the same thing, but the 'rundown' incorporates at least two key ingredients: 1) It's active and constantly moving, 2) it's fun and engaging enough that you can continue the visualisation long enough for something to happen.

Two examples: Selski offered the 'trampoline method' and I find that very good for 'warming up and shaking loose' the energy body. I first just imagined bouncing on a big trampoline, then extended that to a gymnasium with back to back, side to side trampolines where I could bounce all around this huge room.

Another 'rundown' that I somehow found myself in was the visualisation of 'sledding' or 'tobogganing' (sp?)
down a snowy series of hills. At some point, I got turned around backwards (hence, my interest in the reversing car sensation) and continued sliding downhill, up and down over snowy hills...and pretty quickly the visualisation took on a life of its own, I wasn't creating it anymore. Moments later I was literally dumped from about five feet in the air onto a gravel road somewhere in a cold, wintery northern forest...I was literally there! I stood up to dust myself off but found that I could not straighten any further than the bent over, staring at my feet sledding position I had been in. Kidding myself for not being able to figure this out, I soon heard the sounds of a truck approaching from behind. "Great I thought, now I'm going to get run over!" I decided to fly straight up, which I did, although still doubled over and as I flew up into the cool, dark sky I shifted and found myself back in bed, from where I regained my bearings and easily shifted out again, into a new environment. That was one of my first experiences with phasing, I guess. EV
823  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: How Real-Time are Projections? on: August 25, 2009, 04:46:56
First, maybe Monroe ended up 'pinching' her etheric/energy body, which resulted in a noticeable effect on her physical body; something maybe rather different from trying to tip a pencil off a table (seemingly easier but actually not).

Second, as to why Monroe would waste time in the somewhat, comparatively boring RTZ, as opposed to traveling galaxies: He admitted upfront that he wasn't always in complete control of his adventures; this particular event was described IIRC in his first book where he did manage to attempt to delineate Locales I, II and III as some kind of map for the rest of us...but hey, it was the Sixties and the guy didn't even have a compass.
824  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: My first OBE??! on: August 25, 2009, 03:37:43
Great first OBE Timandra!
You maintained good awareness and noticed several interesting aspects which you reported well; and yes, I agree that you are keeping the right mental attitude: Open and expectant, without trying to force it. Let it come at its' own pace. Thanks, it was a great read! EV
825  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: swallow reflex? on: August 22, 2009, 06:22:54
I'll add a little to Stookies' comments,
 The swallowing reflex and itches still nag me from time to time; it seems very dependant on which side of the 'trance transition period' I am in. Before the transition they can be noticeably bothersome, and I think they may be natural or possibly a component of...what do I call it? the ego/physical side of my awareness still trying to exert some irritating influence on my control of the situation/my attempt to 'let go'. In that case, like Stookie says, swallow or scratch it and take a couple minutes more to move deeper into trance...At some point you have to choose to try ignoring these physical symptoms, at which point you'll eventually find that they subside or quit altogether. That is a definite signal that you've successfully made it into the deeper trance stage.
 That's not to say that a noticeable swallow reflex may not occur later, or an arm or leg uncomfortably positioned may not signal that it requires slight attention, but the effect and repair should not need more than a few seconds attention or distraction, your OBE/Phasing experience only being disrupted momentarily; this is what many report as one form of momentary 'dual body awareness'.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36