The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 02, 2021, 19:10:58

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26
126  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / How do I get relaxed? on: July 12, 2004, 05:20:24
Staying awake has many influences. For one, don't have a full stomach. Don't have an empty one either or else you'll stay awake toooo much, and you'll get distracted by your grumblings for food.

Next, you need to have a good sleep cycle. One that is the good 8 hours, and if you're younger you probably need more. That whole thing that young people don't need extra sleep is bull. Trust me, I'm 15, and I know from experience that late nights and waking up at 6am, ie having only 6 hours sleep, is BAD for you.

Then the final and probably most vital is your focus. You just need to be able to keep yourself awake. A good way to get used to seeing if you can do this is wake-induced lucid dreams, but I wouldn't dwell too much on that subject if you're seeking OBE.

Focus you have to gain through practicallity. The other two you have to gain cyclically/progressively. Hey! That gives me an idea to write an article.

Bye!
~FT
127  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Too scary!! on: July 12, 2004, 04:47:29
Yes I am as young as I say. I am 15 years old and in December I turn 16. Why do you want to know?

Thanks once again everyone for their input.

~FT
128  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Too scary!! on: July 11, 2004, 22:02:24
Thank you all for your support. Upstream, by all means, I am not offended in any way by your post, just a tad bit confused by your use of English [Tongue], and very grateful.

This has opened my eyes to start to practice again and to face my fears dead in the eye, by realising that there is nothing to fear in the first place! Thanks everyone, you've really helped.

However...there is only one question left dwelling in my mind. I have often questioned whether or not motives are an issue when it comes to OBE. I want to do it for learning and relaxing in a peaceful environment, but mostly I want to have fun. It has come to light, however, and this is really embarrassing to say, that I have a tiny urge to do something that isn't exactly "good."

What I mean is, whenever I see a film or a documentary on a murderer of some sort, or a rapist, or maybe some high school bullies that were so obsessed over a certain "freak" that they ended up killing him, whenever I see something like that I get this urge. The urge is to go into the astral realm at night and to "walk" into other people's dreams. The dreams of the killers, the people that I feel a need to exact revenge on for their crimes against both me, my friends, and others. When I see things like that or hear of them, I want to walk into the dreams and torment them for tormenting others. I want to show their subconscious what their conscious mind had done. I want to throw their ego into conflict with itself, by showing it all the wrongdoings the person had done and literally putting him/her into the other people's shoes in their dreams.

Of course, I have always looked back and said to myself it was crazy, would never work, childish, and that whatever I did to others would eventually come to bite me back.

So, that being said, are motives really an issue? Does some sort of higher power, or maybe perhaps even myself, try to stop people with ill motives from projecting?

Thanks so much
~FT
129  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / in 2012 demons are coming? on: July 10, 2004, 04:14:05
I think a lot of people are getting rather sick of this topic. Demonic wars are as much a fantasy as people living in a world created by Squaresoft. It's a cool idea to play with. Yay! We finally get to use awesome powers like on TV and we get to be the heroes! Just one thing....NO.

The plain and simple truth is that most people base their "theories" on age-old calendars, and the christian bible, and finally their own dreams. What they forget is that dreams are almost always cryptic, and if they are not cryptic they are based on your fantasies or you are lucid.

What they also forget is that the Christian Bible isn't exactly trustworthy. It gives an entire book called Deuteronomy (spelling?) which is practically the book of punishments, then it goes off telling you to forgive everyone? For crying out loud, there are parts in that book that promote murder, rape, and pillaging. Jesus himself (apparantly, according to Mark or Matthew..one of them) criticised the Jews for not killing their bad kids like the Old Testament told them to. Fantastic. We're practically basing our conducts by some manipulative preachers. I doubt most Christians have even read the Bible or became Christians by their own free will.

Anyways. My point is that "predictions" are never accurate. Those that are accurate are less predictions but more a divination for a clearer insight to what you must call yourself to do in a tricky situation (for example, Runes or Tarrot cards).

Do not follow blindly after what others tell you is truth. Find the answers yourself.

There is no faith in which to hide
Even truth is filled with lies
Doubting Angels fall
To walk among the living.

~FT
130  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / "In touch" with nature? Wow. on: July 10, 2004, 04:06:44
I agree with you on that perspective. But like I've always described practically everything in the world, things are best taken in the right amounts. My anology is plain and simple : Medicine. Everything can be like medicine. In the right amount, you feel better. With none or too much, things get iffy and even out of control.

Too much nature means we'd lose our living standards. Not enough means we lose our morals and our inner human standards. I think murder occurs more in the city simply because the people don't have time to breathe and relax. They only get angry.

~FT
131  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / That point in life where you stop... on: July 09, 2004, 22:34:07
I'm 15 and I tend to get those points quite a lot, especially during busy times at school or when I have 3 weeks of holiday in which I don't "have to" do anything.

Basically I don't feel like going to karate anymore, and I only really want to hang out with my friends, because I never really get to see them while I'm at school (they go to another school from me).

I also get them when I actually have to apply effort to something I'm inspired to do, and I'm in holiday mode. Take for example, last night. Last night I felt like drawing like crazy. I love to draw, I create things. Of course, I need practice. So then I sit down to practice, and after about half an hour I'm half-finished with a sketch that looks like crap. Our friend Effort has successfully ruined another time when I am inspired to do stuff.

As soon as I get some new shoes I need to go running too..but I'll probably put that off too.

~FT
132  Bug Reports and Questions / Forums Bugs Reports and Questions / Sctt859 on: May 23, 2004, 05:47:22
Nothing but a few cynical/satirical posts won't fix. People who say things like "your small-mindedness is pitiable" or "Man this reminds me of church - having all my beliefs and things I'm supposed to 'know' shoved down my throat," tend show people like that the error of their ways.

If he does get annoying, well, the mods will take care of it.

Peace
~FT
133  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / When you die do not bury your brain!!! on: May 22, 2004, 21:32:34
No offense, Sctt, but wow. Your posts remind me of sitting in chapel having everything I'm supposed to believe and supposed to "know" being oppressed and shoved into my mind. Why, we even have "affirmations of faith" to brainwash us all. We all know what affirmations do, right? That's right! They convince us of things.

Stupid church..

Aaaanyways, I think you are confusing the mind with the brain, just like lighthouse said.

~FT
134  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / You can not visit fictional worlds (repeat) on: May 22, 2004, 21:29:40
Well if enough people have fantasized about the world in FF7 then I wouldn't be too surprised if there was one or even several different FF7 universes. They'd just be a lot less stable than anything else because they are more recent manifestations.

Try walking around a house in the dark, and you'll get the gist of what I mean by manifestation. The way that you know where certain objects are in a dark version of your house shows that the things have manifested in your mind. If you're in another person's house however, you haven't really had time to soak it all in.

~FT
135  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Reiki Attunement on: May 17, 2004, 23:31:00
I have my doubts about reiki attunements. Some people claim they can open chakras, then they charge you a wadload of cash, and nothing really happens. People can fool you this easily.

At the same time, you can also attune yourself. Why do we have to pay moneymongering whores for something we can do for ourselves?? To me they are like prostitutes - they charge you for something that is just as easily free. And half the time they don't even do the job properly.

Later
-FT
136  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / How many sweeps to each primary? on: May 15, 2004, 07:21:31
Um. It doesn't specify a certain number of sweeps for two very good reasons:

1) like every other NEW technique, the effect on people varies from person to person

2) The more stimulation usually means the better, unless, in the primary chakras' case, you MUST develop them moderately equally. If you do it too unequally, emotional, mental, psychic, or all three will go out of balance, resulting in some pretty hectic mood swings, headaches, and craziness.

So yeah, have fun with it. Glad NEW's working for you ^___^

~FT
137  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Interesting new phenomena.... on: May 15, 2004, 07:17:07
To reply to both of your replies, yes, it has been brought to the attention of the mods, but they don't really seem to care.

Secondly, yes I did enjoy it. And not because I have a need to feel righteous. This guy is a coward. He goes to my school. And, if you personally know me, you would know that I have had a LOT of flack about my interest in metaphysics over the past few years, and only recently has it been brought up again in the gossiping groups.

I have ignored him, and I don't reply to that topic unless I see something that turns on my anger switch so far that self-control can't handle it anymore.

If you don't believe me that this guy comes from my school, simply read it again. The fact that he mentioned about my friend running was proof. We had cross country on the day that he posted such a thing. He spreads rumours about us around the school because he's a member here, all because my friend was dumb enough to log on to the AP during school time.

We have some idea who this guy is, and I have no problem going to my housemaster if it goes out of hand, both in the real and online aspects of the problem. I just want him gone, because it will only cause more problems. He stays on the forums to purposefully get under our skin (my friend and I), which is why he has only ever posted 4 times, and only in mine or my friend's topics.

Now, it may not be of any concern to any of you, which is exactly why the mods aren't even doing anything about it, but seriously, I'm just asking for help. I'm an honest person, and I stick to my word. I'm not trying to slam someone just because I don't like them. In fact, I just want to live my life peacefully without people pretending they are like me and then going off and backstabbing me five seconds later.

I'm sick of people like him, people who make up 80% of our school roll, and I never guessed that they would have the nerve to come here and do something like that.

All I ask for is help.

Peace
~FT
138  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Things that can prevent you from having an O.B.E.! on: May 13, 2004, 05:15:18
I don't think it's quite TV, but rather the effects TV can have on a mind, ie. dullness and lethargy. But that only happens if you rely on TV as your source of imagination. Simply reading novels can fuel your imagination even more, fantasy and sci fi genres especially.

Anyhoo, that's just my opinion.

As for your point, nthjbam, very well structured. I know somebody who I personally got interested into the whole OBE thing, but he has had more success than me in a relatively short time. I know it could be natural ability, but his attitude is also different. Of course he gets scared by some things, but he's not scared of going out of body, whereas I sometimes am. He also doesn't believe it is a difficult thing to do, whereas I have caught myself on countless times thinking to myself that "I haven't prepared enough" or "I'm not good enough" or "my mind isn't tamed enough."

I'm always looking for more. Looking for more is a type of self doubt that acts as an obstacle. Other forms of self doubt, however, do not act as obstacles. The best way to overcome this, I think, is not to believe that one needs total faith in oneself, but to realise that they have all the faith they need, and with that they can do anything. After all, we ARE multidimensional beings, and everything exists for a purpose. If we weren't supposed to consciously go out of body, then we wouldn't at all.

~FT
139  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Friend's experience...needs help on: May 12, 2004, 23:57:14
First of all, I have been here much longer than you, and most likely have done more research on these sorts of things than you ever will. That kind of arrogant attitude will only get you banned.

Secondly, you can say that he is going nuts because of having an experience in which he saw aliens. Now think of this...what if the "aliens" were simply a symbol for a problem in his life? If you were smart, which you're obviously not - due to your crappy behaviour - you would know that dreams are almost always cryptic. This one simply intrigued me and he wanted me to post it on the forums, because MOST people on it are open-minded.

There are people on here who would also be offended by your little explosion about how people talk about the world ending. It's just a hot topic. It's been that way for over a thousand years. So what if people want to be interested in some events that could or could not happen? I mean, we all have a right to our own beliefs. You going around crapping on other people's beliefs is bad conduct both here and in the real world. Grow the bonk up.

Think of this for a second. Only 30% of the earth's sky is seen at any one point in time from the earth. Around 40% can be seen by spacecraft, and if I was a super intelligent alien transcending space and time, I wouldn't exactly sit there in the wide open without a form of camouflage, ie cloaking. It's damn well possible. But I guess somebody of your stature just wouldn't understand.

If you tell a boy who doesn't know multiplication that 3x7=21, he wouldn't believe you. Why? Because he's just too stupid to understand. That's right, you're just too stupid to understand. Don't waste my time with arrogant posts. Grow up, or leave.

More posts like this will get you banned. People here aren't small-minded twats like you. And we don't enjoy it when you come in and start sh**ting all over the place.

To all the moderators - my apologies for language...but I felt it was needed.

-FT
140  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Trance state...misconceptions of particular kind on: May 11, 2004, 02:45:12
Well, Robert Bruce elaborated on this point in either Astral Dynamics or PPSD.

Either way, the Church is wrong. As they have been many times. I don't see why people take everything the Church says as the absolute truth, when the original Pope threw away almost 100 Gnostic Christan texts in favour of the 4 gospels, the ones with the most manipulative potential.

Well I've lost my train of thought yet again. To all you Christians, I have nothing against you, or your religion for that matter - it can provide lots of wisdom and morals. I just have something against people who just look for easy answers. Answers so easy they contradict themselves.

-FT
141  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Let there be Eden on: May 11, 2004, 02:39:15
If we stayed still and with our minds forever there would be no point for anything else to exist. And I, for one, believe that everything exists for a reason. Every good thing has a bad side, and vice versa. All represented in the perfect and imperfect harmonial balance of the Yin-Yang.

Oh sure, peaceful places help us to relax and meditate, but for christ's sake, I just wish people would stop overdramatising such a state. We're here to learn lessons, and we don't learn lessons without experience. Even the incredibly wise subconscious needs experience in order to learn and grow, and where the hell do you get experience if you were born in a beach house secluded by the rest of the world and lived there with coconuts and tropical fruit and sexy women for the rest of your life???

That's right, you'd get nowhere.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point (most likely), or you're misunderstanding mine. All I'm saying is that pure and utter stillness is only one part of the greater learning process, and that everything has to be put into play.

I mean, you can't win a game of Chess with nothing but Kings.

-FT
142  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Crop Circles on: May 11, 2004, 02:34:39
Of COURSE it is impossible for something to be both true and false at the same time, AlphaOmega. My point, and probably whoever said it's point, was SIMPLY that in order for something to be ABLE to be true, it must also be able to be false. I'm not talking about divine Gospel Truth or whatever you want to damn well call it, because I don't really believe that such a thing can be percieved by humble man alone, or at least not in this existance at this current time. That is why when I say that in order for something to be able to be true it must also be able to be false, I simply mean that every proposal made in existance has the possibility to be false. Even when it comes down to mathematics - pure, logical, true, mathematics - the fact that the reality in which you experience such a thing could be fake just goes to show that it does, indeed, have the possibility to be false.

I mean, the very proposal that you are real has both potential to be true and potential to be false.

Please try to understand ^___^;;;;;

-FT
143  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Let there be Eden on: May 07, 2004, 22:01:58
They're gorgeous and all but....no.

People living in a utopial world wouldn't know what the hell to do with themselves. We're perfect in our imperfection, and in our flaws. By struggling, the world is perfected.

So as for paradise, I believe we are already, in some way, already in it.

Later
-FT
144  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / How to deal with core-images?? on: May 07, 2004, 21:59:47
I think he might have meant "cord." Anyways, I find the best way to deal with core images is not just to treat them once and leave it at that. Come back to it over and over again, until you feel absolutely safe and satisfied with the treatment. One test is to go over the memory and see if the pain is still incredibly traumitising or not. The more pain usually is a sign of more treatment being needed.

Later
-FT
145  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / never dreaming :( on: May 07, 2004, 21:57:47
Actually, chocolate/sweet things are loaded with carbos and energy, so you're more likely to not get much sleep at all, the nightmare thing isn't really true.

As for remembering your dreams, you should have more faith. You say that the fact that you don't remember them is proof enough to say that the pen and paper method doesn't work. But, if you wake up and ask yourself what you were just dreaming, things, no matter how little, will come back to you.

Have a little faith
-FT
146  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Crop Circles on: May 07, 2004, 21:52:53
I agree with everything that you say. But using the whole "take into account all possibilities" while at the same time trying to preach one opinion doesn't really work. As a wise man once said (Lao Tzu??), in order for something to be able to be true, it must also be able to be false. That simple concept drives all beliefs and ideas in this world into hot and purely useless debate.

Later
-FT
147  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Crop Circles on: May 07, 2004, 06:34:51
Well Electromagnetic energies might be the case, and it's very plausible. But what if they couldn't detect any electromagnetic frequencies? As I said, they did a radiation test, which isn't exactly the most intelligent thing to "thwart" the ideas that crop circles eminate energy. On top of that, I think I speak for just about everybody on the astral pulse when I say that there are more than what we can measure and percieve. Maybe magical or aetheric energies could be at work? After all, the circle is a sign of purity and power, circuits and conduits, and when combined with other signs it can be very empowering.

~FT
148  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Spells? on: May 06, 2004, 23:57:23
Maybe Wicca is the same as witchcraft, perhaps it is a subsection.

As far as "cool" outcomes, all I've ever thought was cool was when I cast a circle of protection and ended up having the best night's sleep in a long time.

-FT
149  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Video game influences on: May 03, 2004, 05:18:44
Metroid Prime and TimeSplitters2 are fantastic, and I've played Super Monkey Ball 2. Very good games. Right now I'm going through Metroid Prime again, with the intention of getting the best ending (all 100% items). Then I'll do it again on hard mode. I love Metroid. So much replay value, so many puzzles. And it's so funny seeing newcomers to the series screw up and throw the game away.

I've played and beaten every Metroid game in existence, except for one, the latest one, which I got a few weeks ago (Zero Mission, remake of the first. Bloody brilliant).

That's all from me
~FT
150  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / I've done it!! my first conscious oobe! on: May 02, 2004, 19:36:22
Awww if only our sunrise came earlier at this time of year! The whole middle-of-the-night projection scares the crap out of me. The anxiety screws my focus, and I need to find a good time to actually try without getting distracted.

This has been really encouraging!

~FT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26