The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 19, 2022, 17:45:07

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26
201  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / 4/4/2004 on: April 04, 2004, 23:43:55
I think the idea was to sit around trying to sense the vibe change. But seeing as there are 12 changes they must be pretty damn subtle, so next time one of these comes around I'll try to be in the astral when it happens to have a look around.

Hephaestus, don't be so cynical about the whole ordeal. I think it's high time that we got into a new age, and if this is all true, I'm hoping that we get super awesome abilities and be like the Elves in LOTR. It's okay to dream[|)]

~FT
202  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Being murdered hurts. on: April 04, 2004, 23:38:02
Well, no. I don't watch horror movies very often, and I'd sooner watch an action movie, comedy, or even Disney than a horror movie. I scare really easily.

To answer your question Euphoric, it hurt like hell both emotionally and physically. Of course, I knew that it was nowhere near what people in reality would feel, and at the moment of death I just became myself again, or somebody else.

Never raise a blade to someone in coldhearted malice. It's just wrong. As for samurai duels...those are just awesome.[Tongue]

Later
~FT
203  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / How do you do hydrokinesis? on: April 04, 2004, 21:31:52
Telekinesis is a fairly new thing that people have gotten into, like Astral Projection. And like Astral Projection and Lucid Dreaming, only recently have people really realised that anybody can do it, you don't have to be born with the "gift." And because of that, only recently have people really been training with this newfound ability, and it's really mostly experimental.

Hydrokinesis would be telekinesis with water as your object instead of say, a pinwheel or a pen. Hydrokinesis literally means control over water, or something to that effect. Most of the ~kinesis abilities are simply telekinesis using a certain thing such as air or electricity or water as your object to move instead of solid objects like chairs or pens.

You'll pretty much just have to practice normal TK and get pretty good at it, and then experiment with water. My experiment I've set up for myself (once I get really awesome at TK) is to try and hold the water drops from my shower in the air.

Well, anyways, good luck with it. You're a pioneer in this ^_^

~FT
204  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Has anyone actually succeeded in telekinesis? on: April 04, 2004, 21:24:58
I have succeeded many times at the pinwheel and some online tests for telekinesis. But lately I've become a little rusty I suppose...

It takes two things. Focus and belief. If you doubt yourself you can never do it. Simple as that.

As for focus, that just takes time and patience. And practice. Meditation helps. Often when I'm trying to spin the pinwheel it doesn't work because my mind is saying "spin left" while I'm imagining it to spin the other way. You have to be able to focus on one command, be able to stick to it, and will it to happen.

I'm hoping that after enough practice I will be able to do some "impressive" stuff. It's loads of fun when it works ^_^

~FT
205  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / For Men on: April 04, 2004, 09:01:49
I have two viewpoints on this.

First, my cynical view:
Both men and women are subject of thinking they want something out of eachother when in actual fact they have no bloody idea, and are subject to the whims of chemistry, pharamones, and simple horniness.

Second, my deeper view:
As far as I see it, relationships are full of crap. Romance is a form of manipulation, and my partner wouldn't be somebody I would manipulate and vice versa. Our relationship would be simple and a lot like a friendship, perhaps with a bit of somethin on the side[Tongue]

Both of us would be deep thinkers, spiritual people with open-minded personalities but we wouldn't accept just anybody's bulls**t if they came across and claimed it to the world. She would have a sense of humour like mine but different. Interests like mine but different. Alike me but not so alike that we would be the same. Growth is important. And if you sit there and are both exactly the same, there is no growth. But, at the same time, similarity is important to be able to communicate, think, and "be" at the same sort of level, to encourage growth as well.

Of course, she would have to at least look good to me. I don't want to sound shallow, but it is rather difficult for me to go for someone that doesn't do it for me. But I have "easy" standards compared to most guys. I don't just go for the sticks with big breasts and nice asses.

And finally, she'd have to be able to use a damned computer. Girls who play video games or use computers have always seemed to me as being more intelligent, resistent to modern society's bulls**t, and more independent. And those are some of the most important qualities I look for. Plus, video games rule, and when you can play with a spouse it's better.

Just a few of my many pennies
~FT
206  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / How can i relax my mind when trying to OBE? on: April 04, 2004, 08:43:41
Well, now it all depends on what you define as "my mind is fully awake." If you mean you are still focused on something, but not chittering away on a mental level, then that is very good, and you are primed and ready for an OBE.

If you are still chatting to yourself, listening to your own personal mp3 player in your head, or whatever, that means you have not entered the trance, but are in the perfect conditions to do so, as your body is, as you said, perfectly relaxed.

I read somewhere that there is a certain "key," to getting close to proper sleep but not quite there. It's a sort of area that triggers your descent down into both trance AND sleep, depending on whether you are aware of the shift of mind or not. Of course there are other factors, such as whether your mind succumbs to the intense mental pressures of the theta state of mind, and falls asleep instead.

You say that you start to "lose awareness" in your body, so you start to "think again" to gain your awareness again. This is pretty much you taking yourself out of a deep trance. A trance so deep that your mind couldn't handle it, and started to fall asleep instead (loss of awareness). The easy solutions to that are A) meditation and regular practice of OBE, B) doing it when you wake up, not before sleep.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "make my mind fall asleep," but I'm guessing what you're trying to say is to get into the trance state. Pretty much you losing awareness IS your mind falling asleep. Random imaging and a struggle to hold awareness is apparantly good, and with regular practice maybe you will hold on to your awareness....

Bah, I'm probably making no sense.
Just practice when you wake up instead of before you go to sleep. As for my other points well...I'll leave it to you to try and understand my ramblings[Smiley]

~FT
207  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / CAT Method... on: April 04, 2004, 06:10:00
Thank God! At long last I have found a method/technique that doesn't leave ME to invent everything! This is the most well thought-out and effective-sounding thingies since NEW, and I have big faith in it.

Thankyou!

~FT
208  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / What do I do next in electrokinesis? PLEASE HELP! on: April 03, 2004, 01:17:57
Make sure the diode gives off light. There is a kind called a Light Emitting Diode, LED, which resists energy similar to a Diode but it does so in order to give off light. Light bulbs take much more to light than LEDs do.

And a multimeter, like Jon said, would be a HUGE help. As for me, I'm trying to get my pinwheel to work again so I can start the more "fun" experiments, like rolling pens or moving light-weight stuff in a bowl of water.

Later
~FT
209  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / For women on: March 29, 2004, 02:48:26
Very well said, Lunatic.

Reminds me of the Ladder Theory, on the page with the pie graphs (for those who have read The Ladder Theory). 5% of what women look for in a man are those things that they say they look for in a man but truth be said nobody ever really knows what they want from the opposite sex, so that 5% gets aptly named as "Things women say they care about but don't."

Anyways, I'm still confused over the whole love thing. Chances are it's just a front for what's really going on - two people who get really horny from letting off too many pharamones, and then ending up with kids to keep the human race surviving.

My two cents...
~FT
210  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / So cute, you must try it !!! on: March 28, 2004, 03:29:38
I just decided to try it again but use FAT TURKEY instead.

Turns out I have two identities!

Buttercup GiggleBeard and Tootie ChickenButt!!

Damn I'm cool.[8D]
211  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / So cute, you must try it !!! on: March 28, 2004, 03:26:37
Not only have I assumed a new name, I have had a sex transfer!!

I AM BUTTERCUP GIGGLE BEARD
212  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Dark monsters around your bed... on: March 20, 2004, 01:02:15
Nobody is quite 100% sure on why or how sleep paralysis happens, all I know is that you feel as though there are other beings doing stuff to you and it's well...terrifying.

Later
~FT
213  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / electrokinesis..... on: March 04, 2004, 16:56:01
Careful planning, and careful typing indeed Shinhan.[Tongue]

Anyways, good luck with that. Keep experimenting but know your limits...and try not to do anything too dangerous any time soon.

Peace
~FT
214  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / electrokinesis..... on: March 03, 2004, 16:49:12
I heard from a friend (who can use EMPs at will...very impressive, though not very powerful, all you DBZers out there), that if you try to use the electricity from a battery you can use it against an electric-running object to distort it's running.

Just a theory anyways. Try it out if you like. Anything's possible.

~FT
215  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / It worked! on: March 03, 2004, 16:46:23
7/16ths of an inch, SmileySpirit. 7/16ths of an inch...

(The distance you have to move your pinky in order not to sound like an idiot).

Good job with that, I haven't been out of body, EVER. So I guess you're really lucky [|)]
216  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Overwhelming fear... on: March 01, 2004, 05:38:04
Nooo no no no. I think you misunderstand. I am not scared of being in the dream world/environment. I know perfectly well that I am infinitely strong, fast, etc. whilst in there. It's my own world after all ^_^

When I become lucid I feel as though there is something attacking my PHYSICAL body. NOT my dream body. My dream body rushes back to my physical body and I snap back into consciousness feeling incredibly scared. I feel like there is something, somewhere, OUTSIDE of the dream (at my physical body, lying asleep in my bed) that is attacking it.

I'll try by convincing myself that nothing can happen to me while I'm asleep, but that's difficult to believe with all the alien stories that have been shoved down my throat [B)]

Later
~FT
217  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Overwhelming fear... on: March 01, 2004, 01:32:53
Mmm well, there are still things that can hurt/scare the crap out of my physical self O__o.
218  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / YES i did TK for the first time on: February 29, 2004, 22:19:28
Awesome. I'm a bit rusty in telekinesis myself lately. I used to be able to will the pinwheel in any direction I pleased...but now it keeps going the wrong way or not moving at all...

Well, keep up the good work, try using your new found abilities on doors and stuff...it could become loads of fun[|)]
219  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / going to new planits. on: February 29, 2004, 22:14:26
One of the many reasons I got into OBE.

Mind you, the first step to getting to other planets is to learn to spell properly [Wink]

Good luck,

~FT
220  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Marketing "X-treme" products on: February 27, 2004, 22:43:41
Maddox's site is GODLIKE. Just look at his points of view on politics and the whole "foreign people are 'stealing' our jobs" scenarios.

Take it all with light humour, some of it may offend you, but that's the point [|)].

I love that site.

~FT
221  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Modern Christianity is a Lie on: February 23, 2004, 02:31:33
This is the same kind of mindset those terrorists in Al Queada(sp?) and those overly nuclear-bomb-obsessed wankers in America have.

Do yourself a favour and leave. Nobody cares about your foolhardy and fanatical beliefs, in fact they are rather annoying.

~FT
222  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Need help on making a Psi Ball on: February 22, 2004, 04:55:05
Ignore the websites. Most of them are bulls**t and the good ones are guidelines anyways.

Psi is what you make it, as is the way you control it.

Allow me to elaborate:
Imagine yourself standing in front of the control panel to incredibly complex and powerful machine. Problem is, the control panel is nothing but a blank table. Now, when you think, buttons appear, and you press them. Visualisation is a method of controlling Psi, or any energy for that matter.

That being said, the more senses you use whilst visualising the energy you want to manipulate, the better. The whole mystical blabbing about "filling it with intent" is simply knowing what its purpose is. It isn't that mystical at all.

Just have faith in yourself, but don't overjump the moon. There is a heck of a lot of things out there that are possible, but don't go trusting people on that basis, and certainly don't think that you'll be flying anytime soon [Wink]

Later.
~FT
223  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Energy as a weapon? on: February 22, 2004, 04:46:19
Yeah well I'm running a training/experiment right now. I will start by just trying to use TK in any way and form I can think of without embarrassing myself.

I'll start with simple pinwheel movements, the online "TK tests" if I can find them again (harddrive was wiped recently, had them saved to my favourites). Then I'll move on to rolling pencils and cans, shifting pieces of paper, swinging already open doors, and "grabbing" the drops of water in the shower (if I get that far). My inspiration for this came from when I saw an advertisement on an anime DVD for a Korean/Japanese movie called Volcano High.

It has a guy who is, of course, psychic, and he holds his hand in the shower and pushes the water upwards so it hovers in midair above his hand. Very cool.

If I can get that far that is.

Wish me luck!

~FT

PS. - nothing to do with DBZ. I'm just interested in finding my potential and I'm getting very frustrated with Astral Projection.
224  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I just cant OOB on: February 20, 2004, 01:36:50
Well I can't OBE either, and that's cuz I just don't practice. It gets really, REALLY boring. And when it comes down to it, I can be very scared of the astral planes.

My advice - don't be like me. Practice.

~FT
225  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Where's the old Astral Pulse that I knew!?!?! on: February 17, 2004, 03:29:12
Akensai, you seem to think that I posted this out of wanting to be known, recognised, heard, and generally having attention brought towards me. I've been here for a lot longer, and you just don't know me quite so well yet [Wink]

As for being egotistical, I apologise if I seemed rather selfish about the whole "where's the old astral pulse I knew" approach. What I'm really trying to say is that people seem to be learning less and joining armies more.

As for that remark about my open-mindedness being the equivalent to that of a towel, once again, you don't know me. The first post in this topic from me was a generally anger-filled one, but now that I'm thinking, I can say that I can read those posts about Zeta, Rep., whatever, with less bias and more acceptance to the views of others. As No Leaf has already pointed out, they do have some excellent points for self-growth.

And another thing that tends to happen with every time I vent like this: I always LEARN from it. For example, I have just learnt another valuable lesson in prejudice, contradiction, ego, and acting as if my opinion is the only one that matters.

Back to No Leaf, I haven't read The 12th Planet, I'm getting distracted a LOT. I mean, all these video games aren't gonna play themselves, am I right?[Tongue] I've got lots of books and lots of games and lots of homework for most of the time, and on top of that I still come around here to chat/vent[|)] from time to time.

Well that's all for now

Later
~FT
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26