The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 18, 2017, 05:12:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / My two cents on: October 14, 2014, 14:40:35
Having gone through the fourms quite a lot over the years I've noticed certain trends in people's approaches to getting OoB - namely that a number of people rush into OB techniques without learning certain key mental concepts and exercises first then wonder why they never seem to get anywhere and ultimately get frustrated. A bit like constructing a building without laying the necessary foundations.

Typical things I see in threads are..."well I think my body feels relaxed. Am I relaxed enough? Am I thinking to much? I can't really feel my legs anymore but I can sense my arms...at what point am i supposed to roll out?...Am I there yet?...should I feel this at that stage...etc...." This may apply to you. It may not.

I don't personally think there's one specific technique that will work right off the bat for most people. I think over time you tailor a method to what works best for you so I'm not about to spam you with a revolutionary new OBE technique guaranteed success. It doesn't exist.. But what I do think is that a correct mental attitude is one of the most key things to going into meditation or OBE practice. I get the impression from a number of people who aren't successful they are going in blind, latching on to an OBE technique that sounds cool and going with it and hoping for the best.

So my personal tip is Peter Russell. He offers a short donation only course (pay $1. If you love it pay $20. Whatever suits you). First off, that tells you that this guy is not out to make money. But that's irrelevant because you can very quickly tell if someone knows their stuff and he is very wise. The course is all about letting go...of everything. It's okay to make mistakes in meditation. Just accepting it all as part of the process.

You won't get out of body on this course but it will mentally place you in a far better position for what you do afterwards and probably ultimately save you a lot of wasted OBE practice time further down the line.

http://www.peterrussell.com/HMWET/index.php
52  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Tom Campbell Workshop on: September 30, 2014, 14:39:42
Ah, that makes sense.  Oh well.  Smiley

Isn't this Tom's first return to TMI in a very long time?  Or even since he split ways with them?

I guess so. Don't know really. Pretty sure he hasn't been a trainer there since the 70's or 80's. He's done presentations but I don't think anything else.
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Tom Campbell Workshop on: September 30, 2014, 13:31:40
Oh that's excellent!  I wonder if they'll have it available as a video afterwards.  Smiley

No sadly it won't work like that. It's like all their courses it will be largely practical - I guess it will use hemi-sync as Tom guides you through various meditations but I guess the emphasis will be on his model of reality
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Tom Campbell Workshop on: September 30, 2014, 09:51:56
Looking through TMI's new programs for next year I see they have got Tom Campbell to do a My Big TOE workshop. Very cool

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/programs/my-big-toe-intensive

By the look of it it doesn't seem to be a one of either. That would be awesome if he was a regular trainer again at TMI
55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / The Path: Beyond the Physical documentary on: September 24, 2014, 14:22:00
Has anyone seen the full documentary?

From the preview it looks good. Interviews with people like Tom Campbell, Bill Buhlman, and other TMI trainers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GCnVJg_7ds
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Thoughts on this guys view of AP on: September 12, 2014, 14:45:05
If ever there was a reason not to do research before attempting AP then this is it.
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: BINAURAL BEATS GENERAL on: September 11, 2014, 12:38:09
The binaural beats that have been around the longest and is the most well known is hemi-sync.

I will be slightly biased in my assessment here as I am affiliated with the Monroe Institute but I will say a few words about hemi-sync. What you generally find with binaural beat products (I can't really comment on the above examples as i have not tried them) but you often find they generally use one tone and pound you with that for 30 minutes. For example they will start in beta and take you down to around 5hz theta and just leave you (and often times the don't even bother to bring you back up to beta leaving you very ungrounded afterwards).

When Bob Monroe was developing Hemi-sync in the 1970s with Tom Campbell and Dennis Mennerich they realised that if they blended a variety of frequencies they could get better results. So for example a strong theta signal with some delta and a dash of alpha for good measure.  Some hemi-sync products contain over 30 different tones blended.
58  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Tried to do something productive for once instead of just flying around on: September 10, 2014, 10:23:15
I think most people on here who stay with it long enough at some point come to the same conclusion you just did - that there may be more important things to do than flying around. I personally think that when you mentally reach that state it opens up a lot more for you. After all are we not all here to expand our consciousness, to self improve. I think the more you do things like question these states and may be offer your services (e.g. retrieval work) you will open yourself up to a whole lot more. Guidance will be more prevalent in your experiences because they want what you do which is of course to expand your consciousness.
59  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: another reason for wearing an eye mask on: September 03, 2014, 18:00:55
A position you'd rather not be in I see.
It has merit for sure.
 cheesy

I suppose it depends which neighbour would be looking. Although the sight of morning glory is probably more than they expected of an autumn morning
60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / another reason for wearing an eye mask on: September 03, 2014, 15:21:01
Just wanted to add a new take on the benefits of wearing an eye mask. Obviously it has the benefit of sensory deprivation but I found another very good use of an eye mask. To illustrate my point I will mention an example.

I am non-physically standing at the foot of my bed. This time there were no vibrations. I simply stood up like I would physically. I try to walk through the wall but this time it feels pretty solid so I use the door. Standing at my front door I look down to see I am just in my underpants. I am just about to step outside when I realise I have doubts as to whether I really am in the non-physical or this is just the physical. Sometimes it can be hard to tell especially in the initial stages when things can be a little hazy. What if this is the physical and I'm just about to step outside in my underpants. I can't risk it. I have to go back to the bed. And it is only when you get into bed and realign that you realise you were OoB all along but the seeming lack of disparity between the two realities causes you to end a perfectly good OBE for fear of your neighbours ridiculing your pants.

But if I am wearing a sleep mask before my projection attempt I can mentally quiz myself about any doubts I have about wondering outside. "I lay down with an eye mask on. Therefore if I have perception right now then this is definitely an OBE no matter how similar it may appear to be to the physical. If this was the physical I would just see the blackness of the eye mask"

Simple but useful.
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Hollow Earth = The earth inside earth! on: September 01, 2014, 13:20:45
I think there will be a certain amount of subjectivity with what people see inside the core of the earth. I have attended TMI's X27 program which guides you into the earth core and a predominant theme that comes through is that of a huge crystalline structure. There seem to be many intelligences down there as there are everywhere throughout the universe.

On one of the exercises I asked to explain the significance of Stonehenge and what I saw was a huge energy vortex or portal under the stones that descended downward to the core of the earth and the crystal structures that are there.
62  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I have vibrations every night but can't leave body on: August 19, 2014, 14:01:44
The solution I suggest is a long term solution and not an instant technique.  I wouldn't define a tunnel as interesting. It gets much better than that.

My 'interesting' was referring to your method not my tunnel. But I beg to differ. My tunnel has pink flashing neon lights and a small rodent petting area. Doesn't get any better than that.

I do agree with you that heart centric exercises should be a staple of meditative practices. It opens you up in a lot of ways, has great healing potential, significantly help how you view and interact in the physical world and so much more.
63  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: I have vibrations every night but can't leave body on: August 18, 2014, 18:21:27
or you may try doing this a different way instead.  Your a spirit in a body of course you are able to interact with spirit. ... and you are. It's just not happening the way that certain authors have descibed in a book. Try this  instead of worrying about vibrations and flying out, trance and go inward towards the heart area. I'm not going to tell you what sensation to expect. Just keep doing it til something interesting happens. ... no matter how long it takes. Practice every day and maybe several times a day wouldn't hurt.

Interesting. When I try something similar generally i end up moving through a tunnel.

Not wanting to flood kaliyuga with too many contrary suggestions I will add one more to the broth. Sometimes when you experience vibrations it can be as simple as imagining a scene to get you OB and directly into the scene you visualise. This way you avoid any issues that arise with the classic lift out OBE such as stuck body parts or breathing difficulties. I often use this approach because you can use the same visualisation repeatedly so that it becomes an anchor point for you to hone in on for every subsequent time you experience vibrations. And hopefully that repetition will make it that bit easier every time.
64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to use 'The Gateway Experience' Hemi-Sync from The Monroe Institute on: June 21, 2014, 15:11:22
Is there much difference? I've read many books on the topics in the past years, but you know that every author gives his own definition so, in that sense, you can say I'm new to all this jargon.

If I understood it right, if I want to project into my room, house, for visiting my friends and family, to see what they are doing while I'm projecting, etc. I should try the Gateway Experience. However, if I want 'to visit' what Frank Kepple called Focus 2 or 3 (I mention him because I'm currently reading this link), I should try The Journey O.O.B.E Hemi-Sync...?

Well I think this is where xanths comments come back in. I would personally forget a lot of what you have read. By expecting this or that you are creating a belief system that may inhibit non-physical perceptions. If you expect only to project in your bedroom while using jootb then that's what you'll get. Perhaps god is really there to tell you the secrets of the universe but you wouldn't know because you've already set the expectation to see your bedroom and nothing more.

There's a bill buhlman video in one of the stickies in one of the first three forum channels that talks about the need to shed all your old beliefs while ob. Worth a watch
65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to use 'The Gateway Experience' Hemi-Sync from The Monroe Institute on: June 21, 2014, 02:17:35
This all comes back to the question of what's the difference between the "RTZ" (as RB coined it) and the "Astral"?

I don't see any difference.  The phrase "Real Time Zone" is as bad and misleading as the term "Out of Body Experience".

The reality people experience when they project to a familiar environment (ie: their bedroom/house) is just another non-physical reality.  You just recognize/interpret that which your mind has created.
So if you recognize your surroundings, they say you're in the RTZ... if you don't recognize them, they say you're in the astral.  It's just a label defining perspective in relation to your own physical reality experience.

I agree with you 100% but in this instance I'm not sure it helps Walker get clarity with his question.
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to use 'The Gateway Experience' Hemi-Sync from The Monroe Institute on: June 21, 2014, 00:02:00
Hello Floriferous,

Thank you for the clarification.

Since I'm searching for a tool in order to AP, perhaps I should try The Journey O.O.B.E Hemi-Sync first and see how it works.

W

Just to clarify for myself what do you mean when you say astral project? Do you simply mean to project into the astral rather than the RTZ (as RB would term it)? Because if that's the case then personally I would go with the Gateway.
67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How to use 'The Gateway Experience' Hemi-Sync from The Monroe Institute on: June 20, 2014, 18:01:04
Walker,

As a TMI facilitator perhaps I can help clear this confusion a little more for you with some simple facts. The Gateway Experience has many exercises from problem solving, healing, connecting with guidance, and also OBE exercises. JooTB is tailored specifically for OBEs with the manual giving you specific instructions on how to separate. It offers nothing else.

Hemi-sync is merely a tool of exploration. What you choose to do with it is up to you. There's nothing stopping you successfully going OB while using a freeflow 10 exercise from the Gateway experience and likewise nothing stopping you from problem solving using the JooTB exercise. I'm not 100% sure but I think the frequencies from JooTB are basically focus 10 and maybe some 12. Gateway Experience uses 10, 12, 15, and 21. The Gateway experience is a more structured series in my opinion
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: So I have the bestest friend in the world.. on: June 10, 2014, 22:16:10

TMI and I don't entirely agree on a lot of things anymore.  I used to... but then things changed drastically as I began to expand my own perspective.

Fair enough. Interested to know where you differ
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: So I have the bestest friend in the world.. on: June 10, 2014, 21:56:43
I'm curious by what you mean in your spectrum when you say that death is at the other end?
The link below is what I'm saying about awareness and projection:
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/07/22/labeling-experiences-of-the-non-physical/

Well at TMI the spectrum of phasing taught goes up to death because this is the point you are fully phased out of your physical body (and in this instance without return).

It really comes down to where you focus your awareness and at death you are simply focusing it elsewhere so that's why it is on the list for humans
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: So I have the bestest friend in the world.. on: June 10, 2014, 13:24:56
I think the general consensus now is that it can be considered more of a spectrum of consciousness with C1 waking consciousness at one end and death at the other and in the middle are all the other variations depending upon your phase shift/relationship with the C1 including, daydreaming, dreaming, meditation, lucid dreams, OBEs, coma, NDEs etc...

I don;t think Xanth is saying they are exactly the same thing. Obviously your conscious awareness in the state plays a big part. With OBEs you are very conscious compared with dreaming when you have little to zero awareness.
71  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Re: unpracticed magic HELP on: June 05, 2014, 21:42:06
this was no card trick, i straight up altered reality.

I'd look up Joe Gallenberger
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Laxman Light and Sound Machine on: May 23, 2014, 13:18:04
Laxman just didn't quite do it for me. I was never able to get any visual perceptions because the flashing lights were just too distracting even when on low. Guess it depends upon the person though as some people have no trouble perceiving when using it. The first time my wife used it she saw herself as a dragon flying over land. I hate successful first-timers.
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: BIll Buhlman talks on: May 20, 2014, 15:19:40
If you respect your time on Earth as an experience then work around this as factual, you change your ways leading towards the return.
If everyone had this mindset our lives would be more pleasant.
One day un the future this may become the norm, until then we'll keep on informing anyone who finds the forum and becomes interested in the art.

Understand I wasn't having a particular dig at anyone. I completely respect what is done by the users of this website and raising consciousness in any way is step forward. It was more just a broader overview I feel.
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: BIll Buhlman talks on: May 20, 2014, 13:27:52
your'e right. Maybe I'm generalising but it seems to some the pursuit of OBEs and lucid dreaming is a gimmick. They don't sit down and think what do I actually want to achieve? How do I want to develop and evolve my consciousness and be a better person?
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: BIll Buhlman talks on: May 19, 2014, 16:21:39
I am going to Sticky this because this is a fantastic "Intro" to the world of Non Physical Exploration in general.

William is a great speaker and he doesn't beat around the bush. He tells it the way it is.

Thank You for the share, Floriferous!  smiley

What I find interesting about Bill is that over his years of experience it has become less about the OBE and more about simply furthering your consciousness through, finding out more about who we are by moving within, removing the mental baggage we acquire through life, utilising the potential for healing in these states and other more expansive pursuits rather than just going for the ego orientated OBE. I think there's an important lesson right there.

OBE's are seen as the pinnacle of consciousness experiences and so many people bypass things like, expanding heart space, creating high energy states, and removing blocks/inhibiting beliefs and then they wonder why they don't reach the non-physical. Granted, not all of the things I've listed are prerequisites but it strikes me some of the core building blocks are not in place and people race on to the OBE practice and get no results.

To be honest I think it's a societal thing of 'I want it all and I want it now'.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6