The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2017, 23:18:51

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
76  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / BIll Buhlman talks on: May 06, 2014, 19:09:17
Good talk from Bill at TMI on confronting personal beliefs in the OB state and how they inhibit consciousness exploration...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZNmwCD1pA
77  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Robert Monroe's "Click Out" technique on: April 30, 2014, 11:11:50
Yeah Bob was a very special guy but you really can't use him as a benchmark for your progress. That will just hold you back. Even noted people in the field today talk enviously of how lucid his experiences were.

If you want any additional info on TMi or hemi-sync then let me know. I am a facilitator for the Monroe Institute - Anything I can do to get word out there Smiley

I like your affirmation. Reminds me of Rosie McKnight - "I am light, manifesting in love, expressed in joy."
78  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Joseph McMoneagle interview on: April 29, 2014, 17:57:03

He even talks about his time at the Monroe Institute when he worked with Bob himself so that he could develop control of his OOBE. All paid for by the US military. The interview is broken up into three one hour sessions.

Joe currently works for TMI. If you are seriously interested he teaches a Remote Viewing course there which is always fully booked and gets rave reviews from people. You also get a chance to meet him at Gateway Voyage because he gives a talk on his experiences.

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/programs/remote-viewing
79  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Robert Monroe's "Click Out" technique on: April 29, 2014, 12:53:23
That sounds about right. Never been able to be conscious during a click out myself but I remember TMI trainer Joe Gallenberger discussing when he managed to remain vaguely conscious during a click out  and he too talked of a vast upload and download of information.

People tend to experience clicks out when they first start using hemi-sync. Personally, I always found when at TMI i would click out like a mofo whenever we did healing exercises. A normal click out I would become conscious as Bob would count you back from 10 but with the healing exercises I would be out til way after the exercise and come back feeling really good.
80  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Robert Monroe's "Click Out" technique on: April 29, 2014, 12:14:54
Here is a great refresher video for old members and must watch for new members.

http://youtu.be/CBii06UyWwY

I have listened to it about 30 times and still I learn something new every time.

He talks about doing OBEs the normal way, but then he says until he learned to "Click out" quickly.

I have read his books and I know I read about that technique. But for some reason I can't remember it and I don't want to go back and read all those books again right now.

Does anyone know which book he speaks about this or even better still what his technique was? I wanted to compare notes with my own Phasing technique that I currently use.

Thank You!  smiley

I appreciate this is an old thread but saw and wanted to comment.

Lion, I think you've got bobs phrases mixed up. The new type of OBE bob developed  in later years was the 'quick switch' method where he would stretch his consciousness like an elastic band.

A click out is  an unusual loss of consciousness when you think you are fine and suddenly it is the end of an exercise and it feels strangely timeless. It is conjecture that periods of unconscious healing take place during these click outs or simply that the information you are receiving at the time is way too much for the conscious brain to take in so you simply lose consciousness
81  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Not possible to project with eyes open? on: January 04, 2012, 20:57:09
If you participate in TMI's Gateway Voyage then do an exercise where you move into the focus states while outside to see how it affects you in the physical. Just thought I'd add that.
82  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: "mind awake body asleep" technique. Does it work? on: December 16, 2011, 09:56:43
I think it's also worth pointing out that you don't necessarily have to literally be MABA to be in focus 10. As focus 10 is a broad spectrum MABA is towards the deeper end of it
83  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Finally, success! Here's how I did it on: September 28, 2011, 17:36:22
I think it's what works best for you. Some choose meditation. Personally I choose hemi-sync (which I guess is a form of meditation albeit a fast-track form).

I know you really like just straight meditation Ryan and are influenced a lot by Tom Campbell. I also think he is very insightful but the only gripe I have with him (and believe me it is only one cos I think My Big TOE is great) is that he says you should do meditation to reach point consciousness but that isn't how he learned. He had Bob Monroe teaching him for several years to go out of body so when he did eventually turn to meditation he was so highly tuned to the various states of consciousness that it was easy for him.

So it gripes me a little when he says try meditation for 3 months...see how you go. If nothing happens then give it another 3 months.
84  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Saliva.. yes, Saliva. on: September 26, 2011, 12:32:14
I remember when I was learning Franks phasing method at about 8 on the count I remember swallowing a few times and thinking I was ruining it but by the count of 10 I was suddenly in a deep focus 10 ( a point consciousness state) so in fact swallowing had no real adverse effect on my progress.

Also it might help putting swallowing in your ECB.
85  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: having trouble reconnecting with body after being "pulled out of body"- on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:04
I think it would help to consider altering your beliefs about what you think astral projection is.

Taking Bob Monroe as the best example - he had classic OBEs for years until he came to the realization that going out of body was a misnomer. In the non-physical there is no spatial element therefore everything exists in/on the same point. So you are not going anywhere because it is already all there/here (it's just we are ordinarily perceptually unaware of it). You are not moving out of your body but rather shifting your phase relationship with it to focus on another part of consciousness.

So if you are in fact not leaving your body but simply altering where you focus your awareness then any concerns about losing contact with your body should, in time, drop away.

You talk of the feelings of being pulled out and so I guess it feels very real to you that you are being separated from your body but I think this is just your beliefs so take note from what Ryan says
86  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Saliva.. yes, Saliva. on: September 20, 2011, 13:28:01
I use a spittoon I keep by the bed
87  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: hemi-sync bitrate on: August 30, 2011, 17:01:05
I scoff at the point that people think TMI is too commercial. In there 40 or so years they have been around they have never advertised. Not once. It's all been word of mouth.

To me that says a lot not just about if they are commercial but how effective their product is to still be going after this long without advertising.

In addition, the amount of people that have been inspired to write a book about their TMI experience also says a lot. These are people who ordinarily dont write books who are suddenly compelled to share their incredible experiences that TMI have provided them with.

Says it all for me.
88  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: hemi-sync bitrate on: August 26, 2011, 12:50:51
They're meant to be a non-profit organisation.

http://www.monroeinstitute.org/non-profit-501c3-status/

Non-profit organisations can still make money. I'm guessing they started out as non-profit and just kept that title
89  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: hemi-sync bitrate on: August 26, 2011, 08:57:21
That's my main beef with TMI.
If this is such LIFE CHANGING stuff... shouldn't they be disseminating it for, perhaps, the cost of the materials?  If this is truly that life changing, wouldn't you want *EVERYONE* to be able to do it?  Not selling it for a *MASSIVE PROFIT*.

I've always agreed with Franks position that TMI is a tad too "commercial".

But when it comes down to it they are a business out to make money.
90  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: hemi-sync bitrate on: August 25, 2011, 21:35:41
I dont understand why they charge so much for them. I think they'd probably make more money from all the extra sales if they charged a normal amount. If you could get wave 1 for fifteen quid I'd buy them as gifts for loads of people.

Yeah but I think they go on the assumption that a normal cd for 15 quid doesnt present you with the potential to change your life in unimaginable ways so feel they can charge more for such an opportunity...Seems fair enough to me.
91  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: hemi-sync bitrate on: August 25, 2011, 15:24:25
Most of my Hemi-sync MP3s are 128k...

Yeah but Ryan the mp3's you are presumably referring to are 128 because someone has transferred them from cd using that incorrect setting. Just because they are mostly 128 doesnt make it correct. It probably means that they never bothered to alter the default setting in their music converter software.

With regard to the effects of hemi-sync at 128, I agree that maybe it will work but to what extent is really what is being questioned here. You say you are living proof but you may be further along the line if you did have hemi-sync at the required bitrate

They'll do or say ANYTHING to keep people buying their products

Well if they do have an agenda it aint to get you to keep buying their products - its to buy the original cd once rather than download it from some dodgy torrent site.

I think they may be worried that no one is buying their products in the first place because they are so easily downloadable. If they have an agenda, and if that is it then I think it's pretty reasonable of them
92  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: hemi-sync bitrate on: August 25, 2011, 11:37:19
Yeah but the thing is it isn't Chiels theory. It's what TMI have told him.

Now I look back I have noticed I get better results with hemi-sync I have bought
93  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / hemi-sync bitrate on: August 25, 2011, 09:03:38
Thought this info was pretty important as some people may be wasting their time. This is an extract from a discussion on linkedin:

"Has anyone had success in experiencing the same degree of meditation when you convert the hemisync CD's to an Ipod?"
posted 1 month ago

Chiel Varkevisser 1 month ago "The Monroe Institute recommends, when converting the CDs to MP3 format to use at least 196 Kbps bitrate for them to work."

I guess this only really applies to people who have downloaded hemi-sync under somewhat shady circumstances (and i'm guessing this accounts for a lot of people). If so chances are it aint working properly for you as a lot of downloadable hemi-sync out there is at only 128kpbs. Occasionally some is at 320 kpbs but not much.

In a way it's a good advert for not downloading illegally as you may have been wasting your time with it but never even realized.

94  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Really Good Question! on: July 29, 2011, 11:25:50
Yeah that's nicely put. I see it much the same way. I think it comes down to definition of OBE.

I steer clear of thinking about it in terms of OBEs, projections and the like. For me consciousness is a spectrum with includes everything from waking consciousness to mental realm consciousness and everything in between including, subjective dream states, drink and drug states, coma states, various afterlife regions etc etc... Your conscious awareness is wherever you choose to focus it (hence Monroes coining of the term focus level). At the moment your physical body locks it to this focus of consciousness. Monroe even said that when you daydream a part of your consciousness is there so you can include daydreams in that list. I think the only variable as Boom said is your level of conscious awareness within the area of consciousness you are focusing in (although the word 'area' is incorrect as that implies a spatial element). In a dream your conscious awareness is very limited affecting perceptions and recollection whereas if you access the same environment straight from waking consciousness the chances are you will have a very lucid experience.

I was also thinking recently about when people say they only experience lucid dreams and not proper OBEs. I think there is a trap here that people dont class LDs a proper 'OBE' experience. If you consider that at TMI in focus 27 you are encouraged to create your own subjective environment. But by definition of modern literature on this topic that makes it a lucid dream. But focus 27 is considered by many as one of pinnacle areas of afterlife consciousness to access. So I think its important not to get bogged down in all the associations words have on this topic and trust guidance is showing you what you need at this time in your consciousness evolution.

95  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Interesting OBE resource on: July 22, 2011, 20:06:24

You have just been sent a personal message by Loki999 on The Astral Pulse.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

You suck

I think it's love.

96  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Interesting OBE resource on: July 22, 2011, 09:22:38
I think thread closure is in order. It serves no purpose with its current direction

Haha!

Such a biting yet familiar retort. Although on this forum I think you'll find an out of body resource does serve a purpose unlike a thread equating sleep paralysis to the work of the devil, which, if I recall rightly attracted a fair few detractors and inspired much enjoyable ridicule.
97  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Interesting OBE resource on: July 21, 2011, 16:24:35
Dont know if this resource has been posted before. This guys experiences are based on techniques he learned at TMI and the IAC. Interesting accounts and methods explored.

Enjoy.

http://www.obexperiences.com/
98  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Sleep Paralysis on: July 11, 2011, 15:57:48
I think thread closure is in order. It serves no purpose with its current direction
99  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Sleep Paralysis on: July 09, 2011, 08:29:12
haha nice try.

It's shite like this which sows the seed in someone's mind that bad things are waiting for them just out their body and so it happens. I remember when I first started trying the only thing I had read had scared me because it was saying how to beat the infamous dweller on the threshold. And sure enough my first experiences involved a mysterious scary black entity. Once I read up properly I realised (to quote Frank) that thought = direct action so it was my own fears about what I read that created it.

From then on I never saw the entity again.
100  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Trying to induce sleep paralysis on: July 04, 2011, 13:57:30
Sleep paralysis is a requirement for projection because the only way of achieving projection is to be in deep enough trance, which means body asleep mind awake and you will know it when the sleep paralysis takes over. All this about projecting without the sleep paralysis seems incorrect from my past experiences an im not sure what sort of state they are referring too when they say you dont need it. Being really relaxed and focused alone wont cut it. The best way to achieve sleep paralysis is to try to stay aware as your falling asleep.   

I guess it all comes down to method of projection (and also I guess how you define projection). With a classic OBE I am more inclined to agree but not 100%. If we're talking Monroe Institute then definitely not. Many graduates do not require total body disassociation. In fact when you do Lifelines and any upwards courses half way through a tape exercise you are encouraged to give verbal feedback into a mic while in focus 27.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6