The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 20, 2019, 05:22:08

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Nailing the Exit on: March 25, 2002, 17:55:21
I've been attempting Astral Projection unsuccessfully for about a year now, reading various books, websites, etc.  I recently picked up Astral Dynamics and I really enjoy the book.  It isn't like anything else I've read.  
  Now, here's my dilema.  I have gotten pretty good at successfully relaxing my body and calming my mind, then entering the trance state.  However, I just can't nail the exit!  I sometimes get vibrations, swaying sensations, etc, and sometimes I don't get anything.   When I begin with the rope technique,  I feel as though the pressure is forcing me to break trance.  I catch myself holding my breath, or tensing muscles.  Then, before I know it, I've killed the trance.  For some reason, I can't let go of the physical.  
       Any suggestions/ comments?  

2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Reincarnation? on: March 30, 2002, 02:03:24
You asked why don't we remember these things?  Well, remember what I said earlier about learning and entertainment are the things gotten from our "life experiences"?  Well, perhaps we wouldn't learn certain things if we didn't get totally and completely wrapped up in the movie/life.  (since we're using the movie analogy).  *shrugs*

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / The Moon on: March 28, 2002, 14:22:56
That's quite interesting.  Though this contradicts the concept that "nothing can hurt you while projected".  Perhaps certain kinds of beings are able to interact with projectors through the mind.  I'm not sure about the physical abduction part.  Perhaps there is a link of some kind between the mind and what it does to your physical body.  
  I wouldn't allow to scare me though.  Personally, (and i'm the curious, adventurous type) I would want to go back just to see...
*shrugs*

Frogg

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Reincarnation? on: March 28, 2002, 02:47:02
Totally, Distant Bell.  Certian cultures and religions have different variations of this concept but its all basically the same.  For example, traditional Wiccan belief is that everyone is reincarnated at stages in order to learn specific lessons to round out the whole being.  And until one learns each of the necessary lessons, one cannot move on to the highest realm, the "summer country" (which is ironically linked to Mr. Bruce's experience with the "summertime realm" or whatever.) This also coralates to the concept of heaven in Christian religion.  The idea that one must past certain "tests" or meet certain "requirements" to get in.
  It all connects.   And, even if you don't agree with this whole philosiphy of the "movie theatre reality", it still makes the harsh times in life a little less majorly devastating.  I've come to adapt the attitude:  "Well, its all part of the grand game.  Its all quite inconsequential (sp?) to the great higher self."  This helps to get through the week.  

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Reincarnation? on: March 27, 2002, 00:04:47
Everyone has some very interesting insights here.

I've pondered this for a long time.  The first thing I will suggest is that everyone go RIGHT NOW to the library and start checking some books by Richard Bach (Johnathan Livingston Seagull, One, Illusions, just to name a few)  then see the movie "What Dreams May Come", then you may understand where I'm coming from here.

This is how I, just one little soul, a part of the larger whole, sees things:
  I believe, first, that we are all completely and totally ONE, connected in every way in the LARGEST scheme of things.  However, we all of course break down into small entities and souls.  The spirit world, I believe, is not anything like the physical, the astral, any of that.   Unless you want it to be.  It's whatever we make of it.  Then, whenever we choose, we come back to this world.  Look at life like a movie theatre.  Why do people go to movies?  Two reasons:  Entertainment and to Learn.  All things catagorize basically into these two reasons.  So, we basically say, "Hey, friend, let's go do this one and ... you be my brother in this life and... we'll become trapese artists in the circus!"  Now, this is all simplified down to example of course but you get the idea.  
   Then there's the question, "Why do people like SCARY movies?", which can be directly related to the question "Why do people live horrid lives?"
  Life is like a game.  It all seems very FINAL and SERIOUS to us now, but I guess, to our HIGHER SELVES, that's the FUN of it.  Getting SUCKED IN to the movie/life.  And being totally involved in it.  
Any thoughts?  Do I make sense?

6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Tensing, effort, and shiznack on: March 26, 2002, 23:51:14
DJ,
  Before stumbling across your post, I posted a topic myself called "nailing the exit."  My problem is a lot like yours.  I get to a point where I start trying with my physical body to climb the rope or the like.  You should check out some of the replies to my topic, they're quite helpful.

Best of luck!

7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Blown by the strobe... on: March 26, 2002, 23:46:23
Yes, Frank, I agree with Qui Gon, are you saying that the Astral Realms are inner realms that are different for each individual person, as if a private little wonderland?  This concept contradicts a lot of the astral philosiphies that have been established.  Of course, we are all ONE but, do you see the planes as INNER realms or, as most have agreed, one actual place of existance that anyone could visit?

Just curious, need clarification.

8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE´s - the ultimate... on: March 26, 2002, 23:37:26
Oooh,  what a very interesting concept.  I'm very intrigued now!    

quote:
Mobius:
I think it would be some serious stuff they are looking at too,
how was it that planets & rings of Saturn & face on Mars were
discovered before we had telescopes or space probes.
Team of successful real time travellers? Definately

I agree.  There are lots of things that the government discovers, that no one could possibly know without some sort of psychic awareness or astral travel going on.  

I'm curious as to what some of you think that we have discovered via OBE's and r.v.  I like the idea of the rings of saturn and other planets.  What about black holes and other space information.  A telescope alone could tell us what happens in a space void or how cold the furthest depths of space are.  Very cool....

9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE´s - the ultimate... on: March 26, 2002, 19:00:53
WHOA!     That's a scary thought, man.  I've often thought of that.   What if one of my friends is projecting and watching me right here in the shower.....   Of course, I don't let it bother me too much but what if the government did employ projecters as spys???     Very interesting....

This means 2 things:
They can see us naked . . . AND . . .
That brings up a lot of new job possibilities for people in this forum!  

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Nailing the Exit on: March 26, 2002, 18:45:36
Thank you all for your helpful comments thus far!  
That is certainly something I haven't thought of, the fact that I may be TRYING so hard that I'm throwing off the natural occurance.  However, FRANK, I don't think the tense muscles and breathing come from fear.  They couldn't because I am certain that there is nothing to fear, I want it really bad!  From what I've gathered, it seems that by wanting so bad, I am trying too hard and thus bringing the physical constraints into play.
Once again, thanks to everyone for helping me.  I'll try (or rather, not try ) some more and see what happens.

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Astral Dynamics Part 3 on: March 25, 2002, 14:04:44
Hey, man, I sympathise with you.  My parents catagorize all of my metaphysical interests as "a bunch of new age bovine excrement" and then they get mad if I disagree or argue.  I'm 17 and won't be free until I graduate next year.  Recently my parents and I have had major fallouts because of my spiritual standpoint and views.  They have basically told me that I'm going to "hell", if there is such a place (which i believe there isn't).  
  So, don't allow your parents' closed-minded views restrict you from growing and learning.  Just be patient and remember that there is a lot of life ahead.

12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Ahhhhh, Cant project yet! on: March 25, 2002, 01:04:55
I sympathise (sp?) with you because my house gets quite hecktic.  I find it very hard to block it all out however I'm getting much better.  Keep up your practice and you'll be able to meditate into a trance no matter what's going on around you.

13  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Robert, what do you think of a devil/satan? on: March 22, 2002, 19:09:49
Personally, I don't believe in ANY heirarchy of any kind anywhere.  Referring back to the all-too-true point earlier that Everything is a part of Everything else and THAT is all there is.  If we are all a part of it, equal parts, we all have access to the same powers.  Good/Evil, whatever you call it.  There is no such thing as right or wrong.  It is only what works and what doesn't work.  It's all a matter of perspective.

14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OOBE Movie on: March 22, 2002, 19:02:04
Its quite interesting that I stumble into this little topic because I'm somewhat of an aspiring filmmaker myself.  I plan on getting my degree in cinematography and directing.  However, I've also written several screenplays and have always wondered about the possibility of an OBE movie.  The script would be the most important part.  You're right, there HAS to be plot for it to work.  It has to have some MEAT to it otherwise it will seriously bomb out at the Box Office.

Pages: [1]