The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 21, 2022, 19:55:51

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50
126  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / contradictions in religions on: March 12, 2006, 17:31:03
Beth_

You've basically said it all!

Doug
127  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Recognising people in the astral world on: March 12, 2006, 14:26:03
Yes MT and Froglet_

I do think these kinds of experiences hint at a much larger world which we seem to interact with yet have no waking knowledge of.

I think this is related to certain things stated by Robert Bruce in his earlier works where he had the distinct impression that parts of our minds are indeed VERY busy during sleep, but we never remember upon waking.
128  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / contradictions in religions on: March 12, 2006, 13:48:12
The problems with all these kind of religions is that they are all very self contained with their own self justifying and internally consistent logic, so when seen from the inside looking out as it were, they are very hard to deny (from their own point of view). Unfortunately this is what actually undermines them as warning lights should start flashing once you actually start thinking outside of the box and look at other religions; you begin to see that they ALL operate this way! This is why hard-core believers of various religions can never come to terms with each other as they are all 100% convinced that theirs is the most logical and righteous 'truth', so much so, that to be perfectly honest, even attempting to have any kind debate is ultimately pointless and achieves nothing.

Abraham_ you really need to look at texts that originate OUTSIDE of the Qu'ran and other Islamic religious texts, otherwise everything you read is simply there to confirm what you already believe! Also, to be worried about doing so because such texts may be 'blasphemous' is ridiculous. Can't you see that such pronouncements are there to curb any kind of questioning on behalf of believers? You do not have a problem with this?

I would say, start reading texts that show other perspectives and don't simply disregard them as 'blasphemous' texts. You may find some of them informative. This reminds me of these pointless debates you often get when fundamentalist Christians and Muslims argue with each other about which text is the most historically accurate and factually
based, using the Bible and the Qu'ran as their sole evidence!!!

Sorry Abraham, that just isn't cutting it. You also typically refuse to see the long Hellenistic tradition out of which Islam evolved, yet you continue to tout Islam as 'the religion of proofs', an often used phrase which only serves to underline Islam's approach of utilising rational discourse and logical reasoning which is itself a direct continuation of the Hellenistic tradition!
129  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / contradictions in religions on: March 12, 2006, 01:17:16
Abraham_

Take a chill pill mate.

btw I am a pagan and i'm comin 'atcha like a wicker-man on fire!

My Neo-Platonist philosophy & theology allowed for the very development of your religion so put that in a pipe and smoke it!

wink
130  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Recognising people in the astral world on: March 05, 2006, 23:19:42
hmm, well imv this level of experience is beyond the symbolic.
the symbolic level of dreams is imv all part of what we call F2 or 'dreamland', but with practice it is possible to break out beyond that into a far more solid and 'objective' reality that is quite different from the symbolic dream realm, athough just to make things confusing, sometimes these two realms can be mixed up in your perception.

That is my take on it anyway.

Doug
131  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Recognising people in the astral world on: March 05, 2006, 21:46:23
I was wondering how many other people have experienced this phenomenon, where you bump into someone or a group whom you instinctively feel you recognise like some long lost friend, yet at the same time you can't for the life of you remember who they are!

This happens to me quite often.

In fact a few nights ago I had an experience where I woke up from a dream state and into a high state of lucidity. I was in some kind of urban, concrete environment. I walked down a side street but stopped when I heard the approach of footsteps coming from around the corner towards me. There were two sets of footsteps, both of which made the familiar 'clunk' sound of high heals.

Before they even came around the corner I felt I would know these two women and sure enough, when they came into sight I recognised them instantly although I don't know from where.

They greeted me and seemed keen to find out what I was doing and how I was finding life 'back there'. They also seemed amused by my clothing, which I guess must have been subconsciously copied from my everyday clothes.

Once again I was struck by the distinctive F3 characteristic of these kinds of experiences where these people act in ways you don't expect them to, and act in a fashion which sets them apart from F2 dream characters. This is something that soon becomes obvious once you have been through a few of these encounters.

Anyway, I spent the next few minutes or so trying to explain to them what I was doing and I also asked them to forgive me if I sounded a bit dumb as this is a common problem when trying to converse from a lucid state when you are not quite 100%. They thought my apologies and my efforts to communicate to be quite amusing, and after a few more seconds I felt myself slip off into dream mode once more, whereupon the experience ended.

Again last night, I became lucid and found myself at some kind of dinner party with some other women I recognised but didnít know! They seemed surprised to see me appear there but knew who I was and were curious to know how I was getting on. And once again, when I apologised for my slightly groggy state due to lucidity they thought this was pretty funny!

These two latest experiences are typical of something I have come across many times. I wonder who these people are and how do I know them? Thanks to lucidity problems, I always tend to forget to ask the obvious questions like  'HOW do I know you?', or 'where do I know you from?'.
All I know is that when you tell these people you recognise them, most likely with a rather confused look on your face, this seems to generate a certain amount of hilarity on their part!

I aim to find out in the near future!

Doug
132  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Hope found me on: March 05, 2006, 21:07:37
A fantastic encounter Heather, I'm still not quite sure what to make of it!

Thanks for sharing though.

Doug
133  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / My God Theory on: February 14, 2006, 23:47:09
well, lets just say religous concepts like belief in a deity.
134  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / My God Theory on: February 14, 2006, 22:00:18
pagan
1. One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.
2. One who has no religion.
3. A non-Christian.
4. A hedonist.
5. A Neo-Pagan.

A sadly out of date list of definitions.
Nowadays people are more aware of other religions like Hinduism and Buddism, Sikhism, Shintoism, etc and most would not term these as 'pagan' simply because they did not originate in the Middle-east.

You see, people are more educated nowadays and have become aware that actually there are other religions in the world apart from the three that sprouted from the Middle-east, although most *western* dictionary entries are still lagging behind in addressing this and are still stuck with old fashioned definitions, as are people who reside in the bible belt, some of whom only head about Islam after 9/11!

As for someone with no religion being a 'pagan', that definition is just plain wrong, it may be in the dictionary due to it being used as a more informal derogotary term  for someone with no religion (an athiest) but it is still, in fact, wrong.

As for being a hedonist, well anyobody can be a hedonist, so that definition is also wrong.

As for paganism refering to a believer in a polytheistic religion, well this definition is only true in part: sure many pagan religions WERE polytheistic, but i can also point to several pagan religions, both ancient and modern, which are actually monotheistic in nature.. Mithraism, Zoarastianism and Neo-platonism being three examples, the last of which is actually advanced pagan theology.

Egyptian religion was actually monotheistic in its refined theology, although many today dont realise this.
In fact by around 1500bc , Egyptian theologians had come to the conclusion that all gods were manifistations of 'Amun' - the unknowable First Cause. Because of this unknowable nature, he/it manifested itself to the world via myriad forms, but they were all ultimately aspects of the One.  Of course, this subtle realisation was not of interest to the common people who were happy to continue worshipping all the various gods, even if the educated elite knew them to be aspects of Amun/the One.
 In fact the elite/priestly caste fully supported worship of the gods/aspects of Amun as they believed  them essential for us to contact him/it, as in his pure form he/it is of course unknowable.
Only one pharoh, akehnaten, tried to ban veneration of the aspects of Amun, ie the various gods, and to worship Amun directly, but his experiment was short lived and viewed as heretical by the prestly cast, who promptly reinstated the various gods/aspects again after the pharoh's reign.
It should be noted that Egypt in fact developed its distinctive monotheistic theology way before the Jews. In Egypt, this had reached its fully developed form around 1500bc, and although the Hebrews may have begun worshipping only one god, the Jealous God, around 1500-1200 bc or before, this was in fact a form of henotheism and they did not actually develop the concept that this god was the ONLY god, until 800-600bc.

The name 'Amun' was often added to gods names to reflect the fact that they were in fact aspects of the One.
For example, the sun god Ra, became known as 'Amun' Ra: The One in his aspect as the Sun.

btw this is pretty much the view of later Neo-platonism also, which was basically the final theology of hellenistic paganism, which sought to justify the worship of all the various gods, by maintaining that they were all in fact ultimately aspects of the Unknowable One, but therefore still essential.

Finally then we arrive at Jesus, who can be seen as a refined development of this theology, where he sits as the only aspect, through which people can contact the Unknowable One. When you view the Christian religion in the context of everything before it, it should be quite clear that the theology of jesus (whether or not such a man ever existed or not) is an evolution of ideas that goes way back; that is, the theology of jesus and christianity does not in fact appear like a bolt from the blue but should be seen as evolving from a long train of philosophical thought.

Islam, following Judaism,  tries to do away with the aspect concept, the middle man as it were, which is why i don't like it that much, but each to their own.

Anyway, I've completely gone off course and apologies, ah well.... I got possessed by Thoth Hermes, the Thrise Great............aaarrrghhhhh
135  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / The pictures of Muhammd on: February 11, 2006, 16:11:47
It is now becomming clear that it is fundamentalist clerics themselves who are responsible for creating this uproar.  
It recently emerged that the cartoons were previously published in Egypt (a Muslim country) way back in October, and nothing happened.

So clearly there has been an extremest hand in this, and sure enough it has now emerged that radical clerics in Denmark not only took the pictures, they ADDED a couple of more offensive HOAX pictures to the ones already published and then took the whole lot to the middle-east and used them to whip up an anti-Danish and by extension, anti-european frenzy.

When are moderate Muslims going to wake up and smell the coffee and deal with these radial extremests who form a minority of global Islam yet get the loudest voice? Moderate Muslims have been to afraid to stand up as yet, as they don't like to be seen as being critical of other Muslims, but they have to realise that these people are not true Muslims, they are very sick people and their actions should be condemned and condemned 100%

Moderate Muslims of the world: It is time to ACT!
136  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / contradictions in religions on: February 11, 2006, 15:49:54
JESUS WAS "VOTED" A GOD IN 325CE.
Like in most of Christianity; a bunch of old Roman politicians took votes to determine the course of the new religion. Yeshua was voted a God, rather than a prophet at the council of Nicea in 325C.E. he was de-deified and re-deified twice and was a god permanently in 380, this was about politics. Yeshua never thought he was God.

The council of Nicea was not 'a bunch of old roman polititians taking votes to determine the course of the new religion'.

The council of Nicea WAS convened by Emperor Constantine who had converted to christianity and once in command of the Roman world summoned all the leading figures of the Christian Church from all corners of the Empire to Nicea to hammer out with each other the finished, official 'be all and end all' doctrine of the Christian Church, which up until that time had differed in certain ways depending on where it was based.
Constantine hoped that the new religion would prove to be a powerful tool to unify the Empire and in that he was right, but the uniformity of doctrine he hoped would come out of the Council of Nicea was never completely realised and doctrinal divisions continued to rock the new Church for centuries, and still continue to this day.
The Council of Nicea was one of the most significant moments in European history and helped shape its culture and politics, paving the way for the medieval world of the future.

It is true that bishops resolved issues through the vote but this has always been the case with the Church. After all, it is a human organisation like any other, however the voters were bishops and many were the early Church Fathers whose doctrines laid the foundations of the Christian religion.

Doug
137  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Members Pictures 2006 on: January 29, 2006, 21:33:09
Very nice Selski shot of you there Selski, very nice!

Nay_
The American Civil War stuff looks great, I would go to that if I ever had the chance. Have you ever been involved in it or are you just a spectator?

I understand there are quite a few Roman groups in the US too, you ever been to see them?

Doug
138  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Members Pictures 2006 on: January 27, 2006, 13:42:39
As I am a member of a Roman Imperial re-enactment society, here is me dressed as legionary Gaius Fortunatus:

Onwards the glorious VI Legion!

http://www.douglas.eckhart.btinternet.co.uk/Dougroman.jpeg

http://www.douglas.eckhart.btinternet.co.uk/Img_2328.jpg
139  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Castle Grounds on: January 27, 2006, 13:17:16
Nick_

Yes, you may be right. I need to check Monroe again!

Doug

PS but hopefully people get the idea!
140  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Do Christians Really worship a Volcano? on: January 26, 2006, 23:09:31
Abyss_

You are one whacked-out individual!

Doug
141  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Castle Grounds on: January 26, 2006, 22:56:29
It's the new 'focus level' terminology, pioneered by Robert Monroe and further developed more recently by Bruce Moen and Frank Kepple.

It's very useful as it helps describe states without the usual mystical terminology and although there is nothing wrong with mystical terminology if you like to use it, others find that it can be distorting due to all the baggage that goes along with it.

On the other hand, the focus level approach describes the same things but in a clear non-mystical manner which some people find refreshing.

There are plenty of articles on it here if you care to do a search.

Frank's approach is simply to condense Monroe's lables somewhat.

So Monroe's F22-23 now becomes Frank's F2.
Monroe's belief system zones of F25-26 and his free-thinking F27 are all combined as part of Frank's F3. with F27 being the upper end of F3 and the belief system areas of F25-26 being somewhere below that in terms of F3 awareness.

Just stick with what you want to use, they are all just lables after all. Although I now tend to prefer the simplified combo approach of Frank's model, I sometimes still make use of Monroe's lables, esp the belief system areas and the term F27.

Doug
142  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Forgotten faith... Please read this post! on: January 24, 2006, 23:02:35
Buddha is not that old...

Astralborn_

Once again, you have made a historical statement without any basis in fact.

Actually Buddha or to be exact 'Buddhism' DOES originate around 500bc and like the story of jesus, probably emerges out of a mixed bag of universal mythology and some historical reality albeit on a distorted scale.

The religion split around 300-200 bce to form a second branch of buddhism which is popular in china, japan and tibet, with the later developing into its own unique brand.

As for the rest of the 'miracles', the reason they are so similar to jesus' ones is not very suprising for any student of mythology, as all these features are common elements of universal mythology (cf Leyla's post). Once you actually open your eyes to world myth, it is much easier to see jesus, buddha etc in proper perspective and I find it impossible to ever accept that somehow the miracles and divine events of jesus or buddha, heracles or anybody else were the 'true' story... that kind of thinking I leave to the believers of those particlular religions... at the end of the day faith cannot be reasoned with. Some people will accept it and others won't and that's that.

Doug
143  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Is astral permanent? on: January 24, 2006, 00:05:51
Yup, things actually get MORE solid and stable the 'higher' or more exactly, the WIDER you go. So the upper levels of the astral, Monroe's belief system areas at focus 24/25/26 and up to f27 are very stable (these areas all equate to Frank's upper focus 3).  It is your 'lower' f2 level or what is more usually called the dreamworld, that is far more fluid.

The trick is to learn to become more emotionally stable yourself while exploring and you will soon be able to access the 'astral proper' as opposed to crappy dream environments which are prone to all kinds of fluctuations as you will witness during any given nights sleep.

Anything created in the astral proper stays until changed and it is also open to anyone, which is why some people get shocked when they leave their created astral environments for a while only to come back and find strange people hanging around there! This was noticed during the ongoing experiments with the 'astral pulse island' environment for example. People are reporting all kinds of weirdos hanging round there now (and these people are not just the projectors!).

Doug
144  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Agnosticism on: January 23, 2006, 23:56:57
Good point, and to answer those who say 'but what if you are wrong', I would say, well if I'm wrong then god, if he is really all he is cracked up to be, god of unconditional love etc, he is not going to punish me just because i didnt happen to choose the correct brand of religion.

if they turn round and say 'well god might punish you for that' then i would say that their god is not the sort of god that is worth believing in, he's just a vindictive creten who does not deserve any kind of respect at all: i would rather burn in his hell rather than bow to his dictatorial, despotic demands, all of which stangely enough paint an all too human picture of 'god' and only goes to provide further evidence of us creating god rather than the other way round.
145  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Forgotten faith... Please read this post! on: January 23, 2006, 23:46:40
And Saruman that was a really silly thing to do. And I think you regret it.

Well, for a start my user name is *Gandalf*, not Saruman, and no i don't regret it actually. Of course, Mustardseed says it's immature. I say, take a chill pill and learn to love the inner child. I'm just poking fun at the whacked-out concept of satan and how some people take it so seriously. Here's a thing to try sometime: imagine for a moment that there is no such person as satan. Feels quite refreshing doesn't it? Feel free to try this thought experiment again. You may get to like it, then again maybe not, your choice, each to their own I guess.

Doug
146  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Agnosticism on: January 22, 2006, 02:19:30
um, agnosticism is not actually a religion, its more of a point of view. I think there is some confusion here!

Doug

PS Two other point I find disturbing are: a) that you you had never heard of the point of view known as agnosticism, which to be honest, outside of bible belt areas is pretty much most people's point of view even if they don't always admit it, and b) that your school tried to block it.
147  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Forgotten faith... Please read this post! on: January 22, 2006, 02:15:42
DEBUNKER_

I AM SATAN'S LOVE SLAVE!

WORSHIP THE TRUE MASTER THAT IS SATAN.

SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATANSATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN SATAN

um, quite... is that enough?

Doug
148  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / "OMG WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE" on: January 22, 2006, 02:12:49
Is Iran really going to drop their bomb on us?

um... get real. they have stayed in power long enough to suggest they are not that stupid. Haven't you learned yet from the Iraq nonsense not to fall for the same story yet again? hm maybe not!

I'm guessing you will be a sucker for the next 'Iran is a clear and present danger and planning to launch an all out attack on the US' style headline, just like the one made up for Iraq. Will some people never learn?

Doug
149  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / possible 'focus 4' related experience on: January 14, 2006, 13:17:45
Hey Mrs Murphy!

That is a great idea, I think you should consider writing such a story!

It makes sense to me that as our lives are being lived in a variety of different time periods, it is no wonder that we think of them in a linear sequence, and it may only be recently that people have begun to work out what actually happens.

As our long held linear perception of reinacarnation is so focused on the past, this may be why the vast majority of accounts deal with 'past' lives. maybe once people realise that our lives cover a broad spectrum of time, we will begin to see more 'future' life accounts.

Unfortunately there is a new issue which may complicate matters and that is the theory of parallel universes or timelines.  Frank's latest findings seem to suggest that we ALSO experience lives in a whole multitude of parallel earth timelines as well as our own.  
You can imagine the headache involved in any kind of verification then, as any accounts we have of past events or indeed the future may actually be those of alternate timelines, not our own, so just because someone's account of the past or the future is not quite accurate from our point of view, that may not mean it is not true!

For example, much has been made of Seth's 'historical error' when he claims he was a pope leading armies during the 4th century ad.
Now, popes at that time did not have that kind of power, therefore discrediting Seth in many people's eyes. However, what if this WAS true in Seth's own experience which may have occured in a very close but parallel timeline.

Some timelines may be so close to ours that the difference is minimal, others may be so radically different as to be unrecognisable, ie ones where the Germans won the war, or an industrial revolution occured in the roman empire (which was possible), or indeed that it was the Carthaginian empire that eventially became dominant, not the Roman one etc etc.

It seems to me therefore, that trying to 'verify' past lives (or multiple lives) is always going to be difficult.

Doug

Doug
150  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Esperanto on: January 02, 2006, 13:26:41
Stick with Elvish, Noldorin if possible but Sindarin will do

wink

Doug
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50