The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 20, 2022, 22:24:49

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50
226  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Ten Sicknesses of The Heart on: September 11, 2005, 00:48:15
Thank you. btw 'Shaytan' is great. He is my master!

All hail Shaytan!
227  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / shintoists on: September 10, 2005, 14:06:41
There are also the traditional Shinto gods, who are basically the ancient gods of Japan. Can anyone tell me their names and functions?

I know they are not too unlike the Norse or Greco-Roman pantheon,
eg they have a fire/smith god who is not too unlike the Greek Hephaeston or Roman Vulcan. He is invoked during the ritual forging of the Samurai sword.

I am intersted as the Japanese pantheon is perhaps one of the few remaining traditional pantheons still reveared today. To say the Shinto faith has been 'replaced' by Buddhism is completely wrong. In fact they compliment each other, and you find different balances of the intertwined faiths depending on where you go in the country. In fact, Pure Shinto is (or was) the official religion of the Imperial family I believe, as it should be as the Emperor's job should be to uphold and respect the traditional gods of Japan.

Doug
228  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Witnessing the End of Days? on: September 10, 2005, 13:54:35
I wouldnít worry about this whole theory of 'thought forms' resulting in causing the events themselves. A lot of people have been worried by this idea but they neednít be so. While I actually do subscribe to the theory of 'thought forms' generally, there seems be some kind of natural mechanism in place that prevents such *mass* 'thought forms' from translating into reality.

To see why we don't need to worry, all you need to do is look at recent past history. Millions of people where simply fixated with the whole 2000AD end of the world crap, given extra validity by the Millennium Bug, Nostradamus and all the rest of it. People in fact have been building up to it for decades if not centuries, just like they did at the turn of the FIRST millennium 1000AD (when again nothing happened even although the ENTIRE christian world believed it would be the 'end time').

FAR more people where fixated and worried about 2000AD (with added Nostradamus for good measure) than by any other future date in recent memory.

What happened when the clocks struck midnight (the point in time which millions and millions of people had been mulling over either consciously or subconsciously for years)?

That's right...zip! Even the millennium bug, the technological manifestation of this fear, largely evaporated (although partly to do with lots of hard work on behalf of programmers of course!).

Now FAR, FAR more people were aware and concerned about the Millennium than have even heard about 2012 or any other date you can imagine, so for this straightforward reason, I have nothing to be concerned about by thought form jesus's, flying saucers or exploding planets.

Even if people do eventually become aware about 2012 or any other so-called event in anywhere near the same numbers as the vastly more symbolic 'Millenium 2000', we have already seen that this does not translate into 'real-life end of time' scenarios.

It's all about common sense at the end of the day (or the end of time... no, letís not go there!)

Doug
229  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Witnessing the End of Days? on: September 09, 2005, 16:23:16
Namra_

Sorry to have caused offence but how is it that you are not 'end times obsessive' or christian when you say "The Second Coming is a possibility, maybe next fifteen years or so."

Sounds pretty fringe christian and 'end times fanatic' to me.

Doug
230  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Finding truth and trusting (I think) on: September 08, 2005, 21:57:33
Profound... simply profound stuff from Indigo there  wink

for such an 'enlightened' guy he shows an incredible amount of sectarian hatred for 'pagan' catholisism. As for your general point that you can't kill an idea, I would agree, so would Al'Queda: pity someone forgot to tell George Bush and the people who voted for him.
231  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Satanism on: September 08, 2005, 21:35:17
I cannot verify what you say about the whole pagan fertility thing within ancient Judaism, except to say that in later Christianity, that was indeed the case; this may well have been where the 'images' for Satan originally came from and yes, they could have been forming as such over many centuries.

Well the christian image of 'satan' complete with horns and trident IS a pagan throwback: to be exact, later christian writers assimilated pre-christian pagan symbols such as the 'horned god' (european forest god archetype/Greek Pan) and trident (Poseidon/Neptune) and equated them with the christians' 'satan' figure. The idea was to discredit the earlier pagan religions.. a propaganda campaign basically.

The popular medieval image of satan with cloven hoofs and horns etc (still popular today) is quite obviously the pagan 'pan' of greek mythology.

Indeed even the name 'Lucifer', later used by christians in their formulation of the satan mythology, used the name of a minor Roman god: Lucifer, meaning 'light bearer'. He was originally nothing sinister. He actually represented Venus in her morning aspect as the Morning Star, hense the name. Later on the name Lucifer was pasted on to the christian image as the name 'light bearer' made a good translation.
I feel sorry for the original Lucifer however, a minor and quite innocent god of Roman antiquity (He is mentioned in the poems of Ovid for example)... now he is the prince of evil... what a character assasination!

Doug

PS I agree with Beth: 'Satan' is very much a christian deity and part of the christian pantheon. Of course christians do not like to refer to him as a deity properly speaking, as they say that only a creater 'first cause' being is properly a 'god', but that is only the judeo-christian definition of a god. If you think outside of the christian box for a moment, satan is very much a deity in the common mould.

For this reason, 'satanists' are actually deviant christians and the hilarious irony is, their very act of rebellion is actually serving to reinforce what they claim to oppose as they are still operating very much within the judeo-christian framework. (btw I'm talking here about teeny goth 'satanists', not the 'Church of Satan' people who are quite different.. they are actually not 'satanists' in the usual christian sense but are more 'chaos magicians', using the satan figure as an archetype- it's actually an interesting read if you check their site, its not exactly the church's perception of 'satanism').
232  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Witnessing the End of Days? on: September 08, 2005, 21:10:25
The Second Coming is a possibility, maybe next fifteen years or so.

Yawn... you know how many centuries christian types have been saying that? For them it's *always* about to be the end of the world. After all the millenium crud I have given up trying to help people see past this obsession, what's the point?

Doug

PS As for the rate of disasters 'increasing', such a statement is highly dubious. These events have always occured around the world. What HAS changed is our ability to report on them and to spot them. Even within the last few decades we have increased our reportage of them; the events themselves have not increased by any great degree. People who say this are basing their statistics on earlier periods, even a few decades ago, when the very statistics themselves were not as accurate as they are now.

For 'end times' obsessives and 'rapture ready' freaks however, common sense has never got in the way of a good foam at the mouth, nor is it likely to any time soon.
233  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Katrina Storm Survivors Told To 'Expose Themselves' on: September 06, 2005, 16:20:35
Sky News: Tuesday September 6, 03:28 PM

A group of female hurricane survivors were told to show their breasts if they wanted to be rescued, a British holidaymaker has revealed. Ged Scott watched as American rescuers turned their boat around and sped off when the the women refused.

The account was just another example of the horror stories emerging from the hurricane disaster zone.

Mr Scott, 36, of Liverpool, United Kingdom, was with his wife and seven-year-old daughter in the Ramada Hotel when the flood waters started rising.

"At one Advertisement point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts," he told the Liverpool Evening Echo.

"When the girls refused, they said `Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."

At one point he had to wade through filthy water to barricade the hotel doors against looters.

He said the experience made him want to vomit.

Mr Scott also slated the rescue operation, saying police were more interested in taking snapshots of the devastation rather than rescuing the victims.

"I could not have a lower opinion of the authorities, from the police officers on the street right up to George Bush," he said.

"I couldn't describe how bad the authorities were. Just little things like taking photographs of us, as we are standing on the roof waving for help, for their own little snapshot albums"

He added: "The American people saved us. I wish I could say the same for the American authorities."

Mike Brocken, of Chester, said he feared his wife Christine and 18-year-old daughter Stephanie would be raped when they went into the Louisiana Superdome.

The family were also racially abused by other refugees in the stadium.

Mr Brocken, a BBC Radio Merseyside presenter and music lecturer, told the station: "We were going to go inside the Superdome.

"I approached two members of the National Guard and they said to stay outside because they knew it was hell in there.

"One female office basically said under no circumstances take the women in there, because she knew what it was like.

"We were so frightened and we stayed alongside the National Guard for some kind of protection.

"It was at that stage that they started to take us under their wing and eventually managed to get us into the basketball stadium."

He added: "Everyone talks about the National Guard in rather derogatory ways historically, but I've got to say that, but for them, and one man in particular, I may well have lost my family."

Sky News
234  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Hey Frank, got a Fz question... on: September 01, 2005, 19:03:44
Whatever 'vehicle' you want, it's up to you.

Typically you are in what appears to be a copy of your normal physical form.

However people experience different 'bodies' depending on what they are expecting; you generate whatever 'vehicle' feels comfortable for yourself.

I usually don't feel any different to when I'm physical, apart from the fact that I can do things like flying of course!
235  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Hey Frank, got a Fz question... on: August 31, 2005, 23:06:24
Just stay calm and will yourself to enter an F3 enviroment. Look for any small pin-pricks of light or shapes in the blackness and focus on them. They will begin to expand to form 'astral screens' featuring astral enviroments, (typically F3). Then simply enter them.

You can just try this and look for random locales or go looking for something specific.

Its up to you. The key is to stay calm and focused so you dont end up releasing emotional energy that ends up shooting you into a self created F2 enviroment. Providing you are relaxed, you should enter a F3 enviroment from the 3d blackness stage without too much trouble.

As for telling which is which, once you start interacting with the people in the locale, you will soon know if you are in F3 or not... these people will come across as quite real and will do or say things that you may not expect!

Doug
236  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Try 'Scrying' technique for alt. phasing method. on: August 27, 2005, 14:42:24
Has anyone had any decent results from this yet?

Doug
237  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Try 'Scrying' technique for alt. phasing method. on: August 14, 2005, 12:07:34
I would agree that this is another form of meditation or in Monroe terms, a form of focused attention. But somehow I'm finding this easier than focusing 'within' although of course I'm still doing that. It's psychological I suppose.

Doug
238  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / I really, really like you people... on: August 11, 2005, 23:30:08
I agree. Things run pretty smootlhy here for the most part and everyone is friendly.

Doug
239  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Try 'Scrying' technique for alt. phasing method. on: August 11, 2005, 23:26:32
Thanks for the links. Once again, I got some good results this time round but the light that forms does not solidify into detailed images, not yet at least. I'll keep trying.

Doug
240  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Anyone heard from Frank? on: August 09, 2005, 19:35:05
His laptop recently went *boom*.

Doug
241  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Try 'Scrying' technique for alt. phasing method. on: August 08, 2005, 23:13:49
Great!

I'll keep at it too and we can compare any results!

Doug
242  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Try 'Scrying' technique for alt. phasing method. on: August 08, 2005, 21:16:10
Over the past week or so I have been experimenting with traditional 'scrying' techniques as an alternative route to reach focus states equated to the astral world.

I became interested when I came across a few magical/new age sites which gave instructions and examples of scrying. Right away I saw how traditional 'scrying' is in fact another method of phasing but using an object to bring about the required mental state.

For those of you who don't know what 'scrying' is, basically it is using things like crystal balls, bowls of water, mirrors and other things which when concentrated on, reveal images and moving scenes either from the future or other locations or whatever else the viewer desires. The quality of these effects varies depending on the skill of the scryer, just as normal 'phasing' does.

I realised that what seems to be happening when a skilled practitioner gazes into the crystal ball is that they bring on what we call an 'overlay' experience where a sequence from one area of awareness mixes with another due to expanded consciousness. The overlay is perceived within the scrying device itself, or at least that is how it is perceived by the practitioner.
However, I noted with interest that many scryers report how the scenes can often *expand beyond the confines of the crystal to take up your entire field of vision* i.e. you enter the scene directly, which is of course what we refer to as the phasing process.

The classic idea that a skilled practitioner can view other scenes from physical reality via a crystal ball or other device, or can perceive scenes from potential future reality ('fortune telling' basically) is quite consistent with phasing and expanded awareness. Future scenes for example are probably scenes generated within what we call F2 of reality  but the accuracy of them, i.e. how close they are to predicting the likely outcome of present events, is really down to the skill and ability of the practitioner and their ability to perceive that aspect of wider reality.

I thought that perhaps people might want to try scrying as an alternative method for phasing; it is after all tried and tested down through the centuries. The Elizabethan astrologer and occultist Dr John Dee used a piece of black mirror as well as crystals; the Greeks and Romans used crystals, mirrors and bowls of water.

Use whatever you feel comfortable with. I have discovered a ready made 'crystal ball' which is actually the top of a brandy decanter!

Scryers advise a darkened room, perhaps only candle lit, as you don't really want any reflections in the glass to distract you.
You should practice gazing *through* the crystal rather than at it, interestingly, just as when you are attempting to phase by looking *through* images behind your closed eyelids, rather than *at them*.

Eventually you will notice the darkness begin to part, perhaps with a pinprick of light becoming visable and expanding to form images. The crystal may also become cloudy, clearing to reveal images.

As you become more adept you may find that the scenes expand beyond the confines of the device, which in effect means you have phased directly. Otherwise you can continue to view scenes within the crystal much in the same way as you can view scenes in an 'astral window' during the standard phasing process.

I have only just begun practicing this method myself over the past couple of days. The first day nothing happened but during the next day's session I did indeed notice the crystal becoming cloudy and a light began to form. However my excitement broke my concentration and that was that.

Scryers do say not to expect results right away but I was surprised at how easily I was able to get results. I want to continue this practice to see if I can achieve a full phasing result from it. I certainly find it easier than standard internal phasing methods. Perhaps others who are feeling stuck using the standard method might want to give the scrying method a go too.

It would be interesting if anyone else gets good results from this alternative phasing method.

All for now,
Doug
243  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / "The Tomb of Jesus" on: August 08, 2005, 20:09:01
Sex Pistols Rocks!
244  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / AP Means Hellbound? on: August 08, 2005, 20:07:18
If you're still worried about the bilge that has found its way into the bible over the years then you're not going to get very far I'm afraid.

Doug
245  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Terror Possibility for August 6th and 9th on: August 02, 2005, 22:55:48
and we've been told repeatedly by our intelligence that something may very well happen soon. And they would know

I'm hardly convinced given their past track record: 'weapons of mass destruction in Iraq' anyone?

That was all bull yet they tried to convince everybody, including themselves it seems.

Doug
246  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / "The Tomb of Jesus" on: August 02, 2005, 00:58:26
sounds like a pile of old horse bollocks to me!

Doug
247  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / The End of Faith on: July 31, 2005, 21:55:37
Of course religon will end its already been fortold in the bible already. Durr!

Classic! pure classic!

Doug
248  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / London police outa control! on: July 27, 2005, 01:13:06
btw just to clear up some misconceptions made by the original poster:

The guy was NOT Muslim, he is Brazilian, an electrician who has been working in London for the past three years and has no Muslim or terrorist connections. The reason for the mistake is that he happened to live at a watched address although it turns out it was the other people there who were suspect not him but the police did not realise this.

He emerged from the building in bulky clothing which they mistook for explosives under his jacket.. they fired a shot and he ran... they chased him into a tube station and when he dived into the train itself they expected the worse. that he was going to blow himself up on the train so they emptied five rounds into his head.

This is a terrible mistake and the family of the Brazilian man are going to sue the police for this. I think it is clear that the mistake occured when they opened fire rather than challenging the man when he first came out the building.. opening fire was what caused him to run in the first place!

btw as for the brutal 'five shots in the head' technique, this is an established Israeli tactic.. the London police anti-terrorist squad have recently implemented certain tactics for dealing wqith suspected suicide bombers, which they received when they went to Israel for help/training in dealing with such cases.

The 'five bullets in the head first - ask question later' technique passed from the Israeli authorities gives you some idea of the hard line israeli policy, which has now been passed onto the London police.

It is a problem as you dont want to give suicide bombers any chances.. if you try to verbally stop them or injure them all they have to do is press a button and they takeout everyone... the only policy is shoot to kill but in that case you have to make sure your intelligence is damn hot before hand... that is what went wrong here..

There is no way that the police are revising their current shoot to kill policy however.. that continues to stand.
249  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / AP Means Hellbound? on: July 23, 2005, 13:48:24
but religion is based on faith, and you're not supposed to know about this until its your time.

Says who?

If you want to restict yourself with all these kinds of straightjackets that people make up for themselves and others then fine, each to their own. But by your argument we shouldnt find out about anything, and just stay in our caves chewing bones.

However, due to the nature of the astral, if you believe you will go to hell, then that is just what will happen, thanks  to the 'thought = action' enviroment of the astral world; it is this same process that allows believers like 'projector' to have his night time adventures with jesus, or the anti-christ or anyone else you can think of.

After a bit of experience in the astral world people eventially twig onto this fact after a while, but how long this takes depends on the individual.

Doug
250  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / The End of Faith on: July 23, 2005, 13:39:09
In todayís world, religion has become something people are afraid to criticize or talk about openly.

I don't know about that. I do criticize it and talk about it openly!

But yeah I know what you mean. Religionists now seem to think they have a right not to be offended. Wrong. I have just as much right to tell them what I think of their religion just as much as they have the right to tell me that I will burn in hell.

As soon as people start bringing in laws to curb free speech, you are going down a bad road, and one in which many of these nuts may find that the laws they brought in to protect their 'right not to be offended' may in turn be used against them by others with differing views.

Doug
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 50