The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 16, 2020, 21:54:20

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Seeking a spiritual teacher/guide on: September 04, 2008, 06:14:39
I probably wouldn't pay for ongoing tuition but paying for books, courses, workshops etc is fine as far as I'm concerned.  I had no problem paying my Reiki teacher for attunements and workshops either.  What I got out of it was invaluable. 
2  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Travelleing into Past Life Via Lucid/Astral Visions on: August 31, 2007, 02:00:47
i once had a bizzarre experience with the aid of binaural beats... all my most terrifying moments came back in a flash and then it was over and i felt extremely tranquil...

I've also found that if I stay with it then it passes and I kind of make my peace with it.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Herbs in the AP on: August 30, 2007, 02:45:34
Best laugh I've had all day!  grin
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Stuck halfway in the vibrational state? on: August 30, 2007, 02:39:22
This is a maybe...when I started out I could get the vibrations into certain parts of the body but not others.  I thought I was completely relaxed but in actual fact I could get deeper and when I did the vibrations moved into those other parts. 
5  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Travelleing into Past Life Via Lucid/Astral Visions on: August 30, 2007, 02:17:00
I think I've done it in deep meditation.  It felt right, the emotions felt very connected to the visions I was seeing.  One could argue that my mind was trying to make up associations, but past life experiences just feel more right to me so I'm going with that.  grin
6  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: 5 Tibetan Rites on: August 28, 2007, 08:17:50
I can personally attest to the 5 tibetan exercises - they are fantastic.
7  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: Herbs, Potions, etc. on: August 28, 2007, 08:07:21
All interesting stuff!  Thanks Ancient One.
8  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Buddhist Monastery: Fastest Path to Enlightenment? on: August 28, 2007, 07:55:54
First off, I acknowledge that there may be many views on this, but my personal view is that some sort of higher self connection would be really handy.  From studying some of the old Buddhist stuff I sometimes wonder if they're alluding to this sometimes.  I also wonder if some of the stories about Buddha doing ascetic training and learning psychic ability and kundalini stuff contributed to his overall "success."  I mean even though he supposedly left the psychic stuff behind later in favor of straight purification stuff, who knows if all of it didn't contribute somehow.  I've got my suspicions that it did and that a lot of the more secretive training gets into some of this stuff. 

I know that Tenzin Palmo in "cave in the snow" talked about the simple methods of purification being important but that there are things that the tulku use to make the processes faster and she kind of complained that a lot of stuff was kept secret even from monks and especially from women.  Apparently she even got the Dalai Lama to acknowledge that.  She was also one of the ones who alluded to the higher self or something like that.           
9  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Living on Purpose: Straight Answers to Life's Tough Questions by Dan Millman on: August 07, 2007, 09:19:50
I love Dan Millman's books, I'm looking forward to reading this one.  It's going to be interesting to see what inspires Dan.
10  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Ability Theft, could it happen to you? on: August 01, 2007, 05:59:03
I'm not sure what could be done about it.  There's always a way of getting around shielding so it's probably just a matter of staying one step ahead and working on awareness always.  It would also help to have good friends and strong allies.   If someone was going to go the job right they'd also memory wipe the person to try and ensure that abilities weren't re-activated so keeping a backup plan with allies is always a good idea.

Generally though I tend not to concern myself with this sort of thing though.
11  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Lifting the Veil of Isis on: August 01, 2007, 05:51:21
I know that some see Isis as holding the key to past life memories so it could be referring to lifting the veil the prevents the access to all past life memories.
12  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: My secret knowledge on: July 18, 2007, 07:09:22
Well hopefully this post doesn't go missing again  angry

I don't think that site is offering anything out of the ordinary for chakra development work and it's really hard to tell from their short sales letter what they are offering that will make them different from the free stuff that you can get on the net a lot of which seems to be regurgitated.  I'm always up for new knowledge that is out there and although I've seen my own fair share of the dodgy stuff I've found enough nuggets here and there to convince me that there's still gold to be found in dem mountains.   
13  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: Juice fasting for 30days, cleansing system of toxin for energy boost. on: July 18, 2007, 07:00:35
I've been on the "warrior diet" for a couple of months now.  It involves eating nothing during the day  - just water and having the main meal at night.  I'm doing it for energy and I'm getting lots of it.  I also do an absolute fast once a week where I don't drink any water for or eat any foods for 24 hours.  The theory is that the sick cells can't handle it and die, while the healthy cells will get weaker but survive and be revived when water and food is taken.  Energetically this also feels very clean, personally for me I feel better on the absolute diet than I do on the water or juice diet - but results may vary...it can also tend to bring up emotions.
14  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying on: June 02, 2007, 02:59:53
I read it a few years ago, very enjoyable.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: what is the best methodology for AP on: June 02, 2007, 02:46:59
I've found that energy body development as in Robert Bruces methods to help me a lot.  Easier to split and easier to focus too.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE Shadows on: June 02, 2007, 02:45:26
Yes, I thought it was interesting too and I found that if I willed it I could make it lose alignment with my astral shape.  I'm wondering if it may be I've created in within my consciousness or something because I'm expecting to see a shadow.
17  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: "Re-birthing" Holistic Therapy on: June 02, 2007, 02:37:47
I didn't see this thread or I'd have answered a long time ago.  I've had 5 sessions of this type of rebirthing before, it's very powerful, the facilitator basically reminds you and guides you to keep breathing continuously and helps you work through and stay with the experience as feelings and sensations come up, this way they become released.  I'd definitely recommend it.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Has anyone gone back in time? on: May 30, 2007, 10:13:14
I've been back in time and seen my house with the family that lived there before.  Other than this is mainly to access the Akashic records.
19  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Why is spirituality so expensive? on: April 14, 2007, 12:01:49
Well I suppose until insurance companies include spiritual services more (which a few a doing in Australia) people will need to keep using the conventional choices.  Personally I feel good spending money on spiritual information and classes and donating more when I can.  I think its great that some practitioners are able to do full time what is most important to them in life and that I am contributing in my own way to this.  I've known many work colleagues in the past who would spend $150 or more on a night out drinking and do this once a week.  This was their R&R and yet they were reluctant to spend this on personal development or spiritual courses even while saying that these things were very important to them.

Practice comes first in my opinion, but I whenever I purchase an interesting product or attend a course, I always come out with a new angle or perspective.  The influence this has on my practice is sometimes only small, but even this will often affect my practice quite radically over the course of a year or so.  I'm not on a really tight budget, but I'm no Donald Trump either, but I do find that there is always room if I make room for purchases here and there.  Perhaps I need to stop going out for lunch for a while, or perhaps I need to make less mobile phone calls, but I can find a way to save what I need. 

Personally, when it comes down to it, the spiritual knowledge and practice that I've gained and used to enhance my life is priceless beyond compare to any other material items, luxuries or holidays that I have spent countless dollars on. 
20  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Need a recommendation on: April 10, 2007, 03:24:46
No problems Samsara.  Hey, if you haven't read it already, "Cave in the Snow" by Vicki Mackenzie is a pretty inspiring book about Tenzin Palmo, the nun who meditated in a cave for 12 years.  There are also interesting parts where she mentions telling off the high lamas including the dalai lama about keeping secrets and higher teachers from females(the dalai lama also acknowledged this as truth).  She also mentions how a high lama talks about how they just tell laypeople certain myths to keep them in line.  It does kind of point to some problems that I personally find in Buddhist literature in general, not just Tibetan either. 

If you are into channelling and astral projection it may be interesting to try and get some direct experience with the Buddha or Buddha consciousness and see or feel the differences between the philosophy and the "reality."  This can really fill in a lot of gaps in practice and propel your understanding by leaps and bounds.    In my opinion a lot of the extra knowledge that you can gain this way is what the higher lamas are getting and being taught anyhow.     
21  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: Need a recommendation on: April 09, 2007, 08:53:34
I'm not sure how much about emptiness specifically is discussed but I have found Nan-Huai Chin's books to be  alright.  In general though I find Buddhist books to be severely lacking when it comes to bridging the gap between practical experience and doctrine.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Working With Sleep Paralysis on: April 05, 2007, 02:25:57
Familiarity through regular practice will get you to the point where you freak out less and less.  Practice so that you can get to that point every day and eventually your mind will realize that nothing bad has happened and it will find space to move further.
23  The Astral Library / Welcome to Book Reviews! / Re: dan millman on: April 04, 2007, 02:57:59
I read his first book "way of the peaceful warrior" years back and it was quite inspirational.  There's not much if anything in the way of actual techniques but it is good to get a youngin such as I was back then thinking differently. 

I don't read much of his stuff but every now and then I'll stop in to see what he's up to.
24  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: heal my depression on: February 04, 2007, 01:10:58
A few of my family members have suffered from depression for most of their life and tried various things.  I've had good results with pranic healing for other stuff but it didn't seem to work so well with long term depression(for me at least). 

There's been a bit of a campaign in Australia for the last few years because apparently we have a lot of people on anti-depressants.  My dad ended up going through this group www.lifemasteryonline.com  mainly because they offer a 1 year money back guarantee if not cured.  They're Australian based so don't know if they sell o/s but I'd assume they would.  FWIW, my pa raved about it.  Hope that helps.
25  Healing / Welcome to Healing discussions! / Re: seichim on: October 30, 2006, 00:04:15
Thanks James, that's helpful information to know!
Pages: [1] 2