The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2021, 15:53:40

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2]
26  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: January 05, 2005, 11:46:14
Headphones will definitely be better, as you won't get the true binaural beat/hemisync effect otherwise.

On a slightly different note, I will probably have to take the tracks down for (hopefully) a short period.  My site has a transfer limit of 1GB per month, and last month traffic jumped to 350GB!!  That's 5000 downloads!  

End result: my email accounts (and my family's) have been disabled, so I've got to find a new host.  Anyone know a reliable host with unlimited bandwidth?  Preferably 1st hand experience of someone reasonably cheap!

Keep u posted, gnomad.
27  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: December 01, 2004, 15:37:19
The first version was 90MB, but a bit hefty.  The updated version (minor improvements - "Boxed Nirvana II") is at a lower bitrate, so smaller - 68MB is right.
28  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: December 01, 2004, 14:41:59
Hi star,
I see that this is your first post to the forum. I reply assuming that you have joined up like the majority of us..  That is, you're interested in what is discussed here, open to new experiences and new ways of discovering them.  So given that, I'd invite you to actually try the track out!  Any constructive feedback you can post, negative or otherwise, will be very much appreciated by myself and those interested in this topic.

Granted - as with all the techniques discussed in the forum - there is an element of the placebo.  You read something, want to try it out to see the effect, and hence possibly influence your subconscious into opening itself up to that particular experience.  But that's the whole point!!  It's not purely physiological - we're intrinsically dealing with trying to affect our subconscious minds here, and deliberately trying any way possible, to free up conscious belief systems so that they're open to new experiences.

Having said that, brainwave technology in particular is an established research area (since at least the 70's) - with well documented physiological effects and experimental result sets supporting them.  Not to mention innumerable testimonies from people affected by it for the better. See earlier posts in this topic for some links. And being a logical mind myself, this is the very thing that drew me to it in the first place.  I figured if I could feel an effect without necessarily believing in it, then that might be a first step towards removing the "logic" constructs (or ego blocks - whatever you'd like to call it) that hinder spiritual development.

Bottom line - I agree that "belief" is a powerful thing.  I think we need to break it down in order to open ourselves to experiencing, and hence "know" instead.  So as mentioned above, please do try it out and let us know how you go. I have made no outlandish claims in this topic, beyond the fact that at the end of it, I'm pretty sure you'll be extremely relaxed at the very least!  

However, in your case, just try and beware the "negative-placebo" - if you can't release your belief that it won't work, or hold the reigns of your conscious control too tightly, then the benefits will likely be minimal.
29  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: November 18, 2004, 19:46:19
XenXheng - dude, rather than dudette  Smiley
Innerfocus - can you describe your experiences?
Michaelangelo - yep, it's the same thing.  The bwgen preset section was offline for a while, so I posted it here meantime.

Cheers!
30  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: November 10, 2004, 14:53:55
Here are some links to a few other free binaural resources out there:
    http://uazu.net/sbagen - free alternative to bwgen
    http://www.transparentcorp.com - free demo software available allowing download of sample tracks
    http://www.xtrememind.com/freeware.htm - commercially-oriented, but worth a look
    http://lucidquest.com/dwnld.html - some decent binaural music
    http://www.brainsession.da.ru - some other binaural music (doesn't quite agree with me to be honest tho)[/list:u]Some background theory on brainwave entrainment is at
      http://home.iprimus.com.au/rboon/AudioVisualEntrainment_AVE.htm
      http://web-us.com/thescience.htm[/list:u]Any others that anyone knows of, please let us know!
      31  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Free Holosync® alternative available for download on: November 10, 2004, 13:44:33
      Hi snic,
      I find I get more from Boxed Nirvana than the Abyss track - but you might think I'm biased(!).  Best way is to try both and compare - I'd be interested to hear your results..

As mentioned, details on how to get Abyss can be found on my web site.  As far as I'm aware, it's not available as a bwgen preset.  

Here are a few other free binaural resources out there:
        http://www.xtrememind.com/freeware.htm - a bit commercial, but worth a look
        http://uazu.net/sbagen - free alternative to bwgen
        http://www.transparentcorp.com - free demo software available allowing download of sample tracks[/list:u]Some background theory on brainwave entrainment is at
          http://home.iprimus.com.au/rboon/AudioVisualEntrainment_AVE.htm
          http://web-us.com/thescience.htm[/list:u]Any others that anyone knows of, let us know!
          32  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Free Holosync® alternative available for download on: November 06, 2004, 15:35:38
          Hi snic & Psynaut -
          since the forums moved across to the new server, the old download library is no longer available.  

I've made a copy of the Abyss track available on my own server (see the 'www' link at the bottom of this message), together with the Boxed Nirvana track I developed.  

If you're interested in trying out Abyss, feel free to download from there.  
          smiley while you're at it, try out Boxed Nirvana & post your feedback!  

Cheers, gnomad
          33  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: October 28, 2004, 23:17:48
          hi all,
          just a quick note to let you know that I'd had some feedback that the new version of the mp3 was a lot quieter than the first one.  So I've fixed the volume, and replaced the version on the website.

cheers, gnomad
          34  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: October 17, 2004, 19:28:07
          Hi Nostic -
          I've just uploaded the Abyss track to my site (82MB).  I don't still have a copy of the original readme document that came with it though - can anyone else help with that?

cheers, gnomad
          35  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: October 16, 2004, 20:07:13
          Hi all,
          I've just uploaded a replacement Boxed Nirvana II.  It's encoded at 160kbps, so size has been reduced (68MB).  The quality should be fine, but let me know if you do want to get hold of a copy at a higher encoding rate.  

The new version incorporates Caroline's suggested change above - if anyone has feedback on the change (or other suggestions), please post it!

Cheers, Dave.
          36  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 14, 2004, 08:34:00
          Hi, I've been working on a sound file for the past few weeks which I thought I'd share with you. It's an audio track created with Brainwave Generator, and has similarities to HemiSync, Holosync and others like the Abyss track by alt0xFF.

You can download the preset for importing into Brainwave Generator, or an mp3 version here.  A fast connection is recommended though, as it's 65MB (zipped, with a readme file).

The track is intended to
            smiley  aid the stimulation of primary and secondary energy circuits, and
            smiley put you into a deep trance state (mind awake, body asleep) - conducive to astral projection attempts.[/list:u]________________________________
            There are 3 sections to the track:

1. 14 minute progression from a relaxed Beta state (~16Hz) down to the Alpha-Theta border (7.83Hz)
          There is also a higher pitched tone which fades in at about the 10 minute mark, to keep you from falling asleep.

I recommend doing some energy bounces, raising, and general stimulation of the secondary circuit during this first 14 minutes (see Robert Bruce's NEW energy ways)

2. 13 minute chakra stimulation
          Sources disagree on frequencies used to stimulate the chakras - and indeed, the number and placement of them is even disputed. Some suggest that if there are frequencies which affect the chakras, they are different for each individual anyway.

Either way, visualising your chakras energising is the most important factor - imagine, and literally feel energy flowing up from your base chakra and charging each one in turn.

So just use the 7 tones played as a cue to move your awareness to the next chakra, going through them in your preferred order and positioning.  My preference is to follow Robert Bruce's convention:  Base, Navel, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye, Crown

Until I identify particular frequencies that have an effect without additional visualisation (on me at least), I've decided to go with the ancient "Nis Gabri" Mesopotamian tuning (for the musos, even more "natural" than Just Intonation), using a reference note of C at 256Hz.  The binaural beatings match those listed at www.lunarsight.com in the 8-15Hz range - just in case it helps!

3. 33 minutes deepening Theta to Delta trance, adding astral projection frequencies.
          The track finishes up leaving you in Delta, so you can continue on in that state, and "wake up" at your leisure.

More detailed information on the frequencies used is in the attached readme file.

Hope you like it!
          37  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 30, 2004, 08:54:59
          quote:
          Originally posted by Hyperblu

i never understod these sound exercises...
           wat do i have to do while its playing ?
          concentrate on those sounds ? or something else maybe ? help :S

Just have the track reasonably quiet, but loud enough that you don't have to strain to listen to the sounds.  Once you have the volume set right, you don't have to actively concentrate on the sounds.  Instead, the wavering tones you hear (or "beating") indicate that your brain is already working for you to interpret the sounds in the background.  So this leaves you free to concentrate on your preferred visualisations.

As per the original post, I'd recommend doing energy raising exercises during the first 27 minutes.  The 7 chakra tones that start playing at about the 15 minute mark, are really just cues for you to visualise energy activating each one in turn.  By themselves, the tones probably aren't going to do it for you - unless perhaps, you listen to it enough that it implants a subconscious association!  In the background, the audio is progressively taking you into a deeper alpha/theta state, so you may get some hypnagogic imagery.

Then, after the 7th chakra cue fades out, the track starts taking you into deep theta, and then a delta trance - adding some tones purported to aid astral projection (research by The Monroe Institute and others).  So during this second half hour, do whatever visualisations you prefer to reach conscious exit - start by looking for 3D blackness, use phasing techniques, or whatever.

If you're familiar with The Monroe Institute's Gateway program, their audio exercises all have background sounds that work in a similar way.  They usually lay a guided meditation over the top, and that is what you concentrate on.  So Boxed Nirvana is basically like one of their "Free Flow" exercises without guided meditation.

If you passively listened to the track without visualisations, then you'd experience a deepening trance, probably reaching the stage of mind awake / body asleep.  But I'd be surprised if you'd spontaneously exit, unless you have a tendency or particular aptitude to do so.

For this reason I'm skeptical about sites that offer:

Guaranteed astral projection, just by listening to this 20 minute track!!

Furthermore, unless you're a practiced meditator, there is no way that 20 minutes would be enough to even attain the deep trance state required - simply because the untrained brain can't keep up with binaural beats that change too rapidly.

Either way though, the best way to find out is to try it!  Even if it doesn't "work" or help you, at least you've had a relaxing hour, and you've only lost some download time  [8D]
          38  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Free Holosync® alternative available for download on: September 27, 2004, 11:19:17
          <font face="Tahoma">Hi,
          I've just added another free mp3 to the forum this month, which you might also want to try. Check out the topic below to get it - feedback appreciated, as I'll try to use any comments to enhance the next version!

Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file

Cheers, gnomad</font id="Tahoma">
          39  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 25, 2004, 11:18:01
          Hi all,
          for anyone else using BwGen, I've noticed that the presets page on the main site doesn't seem to be active anymore - the last preset successfully uploaded was back in February this year.  

A couple of other BwGen forums that seem to be a little more active can be found at
            http://www.tehforums.com/bwgen
            http://bwgen.dimentox.com[/list:u]
            Also out of interest: Rastus, astralpwka, Naiad780 - any luck with your further attempts at all?

Cheers, gnomad
            40  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 21, 2004, 19:06:20
            If you've extracted the mp3 from the full (68MB) zip file, then you've definitely got it all - maybe your version of Media Player just can't handle files that size?

I'm not a fan of Media Player - Nero is the CD burning software I use, which can also burn the mp3 direct to an audio CD.  I think WinAmp can too.  You'd have to download the trial versions (or a crack - which obviously I wouldn't endorse).

Otherwise, I'm sure there's a heap of other freeware stuff out there too. Good luck with it!
            41  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 21, 2004, 09:15:18
            quote:
            Originally posted by anonymous57

This worked SERIOUSLY well for me. It's like being on some kind of drug. I'm still listening to it now.

Great!  Not sure that you're supposed to feel like you're on drugs(!) - but nice to know that it produces some good effects for you  [Wink]

Did you manage to exit/phase?  or did you use it more as an energy raising exercise?  
            If you can remember, at what points were you feeling various things?  

Thanks for the feedback, gnomad
            42  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 20, 2004, 16:32:43
            Yes, headphones are best - but stereo speakers positioned either side so that they point directly into each ear should work reasonably well also.  Mostly I'll use headphones, but I've also got speakers strapped to my bedposts if I want to use a track drifting off to sleep - I know the effects are reduced if I roll on my side, but at least I don't get strangled by the headphone cord!

Basically, it works by sending a slightly different tone to each ear. As these 2 tones are blended together in the brain the wavering sound you hear (a binaural beat) pulses at the frequency that you're trying to get our brainwaves to.  Left and right hemispheric activity is also supposed to synchronise better, as both sides of your brain have to work together to interpret the difference in the two tones. Synchronised activity is associated with a trance-like state.

It doesn't really matter if you don't have the headphones on the correct ear, but don't play it through speakers positioned randomly.  You may still hear the pulsing, but the sound is then mixing before it reaches your ears (a monaural beat) - so it's less effective in getting the 2 hemispheres to operate together at the intended frequencies.

Note that the promo stuff for Brain Sound Studio (www.transparentcorp.com) claims that it can produce effects that are as good using just monaural beats, so it doesn't matter where your speakers are.  But I haven't tried it out yet - does anyone else have experience with this software?
            43  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Second Attempt at my question! on: September 19, 2004, 12:25:33
            Hi Andrew,
            there are a couple of free mp3s available from this forum, similar to the Hemi-Sync tracks, which you might be interested to try:

Here's a link to one that I produced recently.
            And another one created by alt0xFF.

If you do get the chance to try it, any feedback (positive or otherwise) greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Dave
            44  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 19, 2004, 12:01:03
            Glad you liked it Rastus,
            and definitely let us know how it goes with an evening session..

All feedback appreciated, good or otherwise - especially if it's constructive - as I'll try to incorporate any ideas when I produce the next one!

[Smiley]
            45  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 18, 2004, 20:41:21
            Hi Yothu,
            the idea of tracks like these is to train the brain to be able to produce certain electrical responses.  In and of themselves, they are not a "crutch" - instead, after experiencing the state they induce, you should be able to reproduce the state unaided more easily, simply by remembering and recreating how you felt.

However, if you exclusively use them when you meditate, I imagine you could become subconsciously attached to them - in the same way some people need particular lighting, incense, music..

A couple of quotes from The Monroe Institute FAQs:

Q:Will I always need to use the tapes/CDs?
            A: Absolutely not. They are like training wheels on a bicycle: wonderful for practice but possibly inhibiting as you learn to ride far and free.

Q:I understand that after a while we really do not need the tapes/CDs to achieve different states of consciousness. How do I remember Hemi-Sync® signals?
            A: It is true that with practice, you do not need the tape/CD exercises to reach expanded states of consciousness. After you become proficient with an exercise, all you need to do is recall the sensations you experienced during what you consider to be your best, most effective response in the desired states. Simply take a deep breath and remember the state to trigger the change in consciousness.

Q:Are Hemi-Sync® methods useful for experienced meditators or people who have long practice in other disciplines?
            A: The many such people who participate say, "Definitely yes!" They appreciate such benefits as the speed and ease of attaining the expanded state; the ability to sustain the state; the tools and guidelines for exploration. Hemi-Sync® seems to meet people wherever they are in their development and assists them in moving forward into even deeper levels of self-discovery.
            46  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Download a free chakra stimulation & OBE mp3 file on: September 18, 2004, 08:05:51
            Hi all, I was attempting to upload the MP3 version to the file library, but they're a little pushed for space at the moment.  So I've uploaded it to my site instead.  The main post above has been updated to show this link too.

Note: only download if you have a fast connection - it's a hefty 68MB!

Enjoy!   Cheesy
            Pages: 1 [2]