The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 05, 2023, 01:01:33

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
1  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Movies, movies.. on: March 23, 2005, 06:32:41
Now I've heard some quite crushing opinions about what the bleep.Nevertheless in many points this movie has got its point.
2  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / Movies, movies.. on: March 22, 2005, 20:51:33
I watched both

1)What the Bleep do we know
and
2)The Elegent Universe

suggested under a topic here.
Does anyone know about another movie like these.
It would be very enlightening
=)
3  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / the nature of Time on: March 21, 2005, 09:44:35
This proves that there might and might not be time.
4  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / the nature of Time on: March 20, 2005, 17:10:59
If there is no spoon then there is no time.
If there is a spoon there might be time.
If there is a spoon then there might not be time.
5  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / the nature of Time on: March 20, 2005, 10:57:08
Quote from: Ybom
Gwathren,
Oversimplification is oversimplification.

the reason why light is called just light, is that there is no state for light. Light has it's own state (there are two states combined in it).

When I say time is time, then I mean that there is no adequate explanation to it.

But since there is no absolute time.. I don't know what are we really talking about here? Time is smth we can only understand by thinking about it as humans. How is time definable at all? Does time exist in other galaxies? And can it exist when there is noone there to witness it passing by?
6  Metaphysics / Welcome to Quantum Physics! / the nature of Time on: March 19, 2005, 18:03:29
Quote from: Mystic Cloud
Time is defined by the speed of light 'constant'.

Regarding light:

In my country's schools light is advised to be like this:

Light is light.

I think the only way that time is fully defined would be to say:

Time is time.

Gwathren
7  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Glasses on: June 18, 2004, 13:24:23
Do wearing glasses infect seeing auras in any way?

Oh yeah, I wear them. And all the auras I see are light green or pink.

Is it that I can't see auras rightly or the glasses?
And if it's me then what am I doing wrong?

Gwathren
8  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / My story on: June 15, 2004, 19:02:37
Here's the beginning of my book. I'd really like your comments.

A young man riding on a horse. Forest. Trees as far as the eye can see. The gravel road meandered like a snake. But the sun was shining brightly and the wind made him to travel farther. From far the rider looked like a dust-ball. About 20 years old with an inexpressive face. You could see easily that he was excited, but not one of the trespassers understood what could have made him angry. It certainly wasn’t the weather or the road. He had a serious face, dark eyebrows and deep green eyes. Short black hair was fluttering in the wind – he had no hat or helmet. He was in a hurry. Not caring of others on the road, the rider galloped towards a little inn at the border of the forest and a vast meadow. If the walkers tried to investigate him, they could only see that he wasn’t rich for he wore only an old gaberdine and no armor. A big knife was his only seeable treasure. To go and pass the night in the inn was the only thing our rider had in mind and as the sky was slowly getting darker, he decided in favor of that  local guesthouse. Reached the tavern, he saw a stableboy and told him to take care of the horse.
The fellow gave him an indifferent glance and muttered with a half-smile:
„Some people really don’t know where they belong…“
In front of the shack there was nothing remarkable – a couple of local drunkards, some fortune-seekers and a few peasants. Nobody even noticed the appearing of a newbie.
But at once all the common people turned their heads to see what was happening on the road. They could hear fanfars. Someone was coming. Our rider went closer to the road. It was a group of cavaliers dressed into baize. The cloth was beautiful and they all looked the same. But no! He now noticed a woman. She wore a golden robe and was clearly the leader there. Each comer had the same emblem on his chest. The golden sabre on a green acorn-leaf decorated their flag too.
The woman came closer to our rider who was still admiring the group.
„Are we standing in front of the tavern of Iselflodt?“ she asked.
„Greetings to you too, milady, but unfortunatly I can’t tell you that, for I don’t know it myself.“
„Hey, now wait just a minute there! A little respect! Have you got any idea of who you are talking to here?“ She had now removed her golden helmet and revealed the beautiful wavy blonde hair.
„I guess I have to admit that no,“ smiled the man having seen how a few more sober guys had fallen from their chairs, „but I’m sure you’ll enlighten me right away“.
The woman’s face changed since although some drunkards were now laying on the floor of the veranda, the young man had remained cold as ice. Now she looked him again, but wasn’t able to see anything in these smart and somehow so unhappy pair of deep-green eyes.
„Who do you think you are? Just a little boy! Hear me, you fool! I’m the ruler of these green lands and I have come here to speak with lord Unnowius!“
„And what is it that you want of me? I’m nobody’s lord, but I sure as hell am called Unnowius.“
The face of the woman was undescribable. It was angry and yet so beautiful…and it changed so quickly…She was charming…then intimidating…and now…he noticed it…there was fear…she had lost it dor a moment…and they both knew it. But he didn’t have wavy blonde hair or a hundred bodyguards with him. Her eyes seemed to be in fire..
„You…I must be in the wrong place…you go back to the circus from which you hopped out from…really, o most honoured lord…. Idiots, that’s what I call men like you!“
„I must ask you to take your words back, milady!“
„Whaaaaat? Listen, fools like you…“
The third look at the young man. She was mad of anger and he was enjoying it. But now she also noticed anger. What kinda game was this? The whole situation made her more and more angry. She was hesitating. A guard slowly pulled out his sword. It was just as green as his coat.
She knew this guy would be trouble.
„Get away from my sight! Forever! Guard, ahead! The prophet was mistaken. Back to the citadel! Execute Theoderus! And as for you…my Unnowius…I will declare you an outlaw. A bounty on your head! But I get to say when the hunting season starts! She smiled. It was the smile of an angel.
They sounded the fanfares and the young man was left alone in the dust that covered his coltes and made him look even poorer. He heard the words of the drunkard from behind:
„Oh yeah, You’re in deep trouble…unless you’re the disguised caesar, of course… hahahah“
After that little demonstration of his skills as a comedian, the guy slipped, fell and started snoring…The young man entered his room. It looked more like a closet..but what had he wanted then? A palace?
Nobody slept that night. The sun set early. Our young man had a nightmare. He dreamt of ancient caesars, tales of bravery, kings and queens, dragons, wars, wizards, empires and adventures, that only happen in your imagination. He was standing in a great hall. There were no doors or windows. Just the vast hall. And hell…he saw hell…down there…at his feet…no! up there! above him! he felt pain…he was burning…and it didn’t stop….there was so much pain…. Until he awoke and saw the old wooden ceiling again. He felt so cold. It was as he was dead. He tried to get back to sleep. That open window disturbed him, but it was still dark, so he returned into his dreams…
9  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / the imaginary hands on: June 13, 2004, 16:08:45
Could anyone tell me about the imaginary hands in NEW?

To what extent can they be used? Can I use them only for changes with my own energy or can I for example move anything with these imaginary hands. Umm..without using my real hands..

Or is this waaaaayyy not that kind of energy? Sot that this topic is nonsense?
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I think this is what an OBE looks like on: March 29, 2004, 17:48:27
http://www.olympictrans.ru/fun/img/uglyZoo/
11  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / For women on: March 27, 2004, 11:47:09
There was this subject here "approaching women". I'll make the question very simple – Women, what do you look for in a man?

(this is addressed mainly to women)
12  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Is it an aura or not? on: March 26, 2004, 17:36:49
Salvete,

the thing is that I used Robert Bruce's method for seeing the auras of the books. And I got the results that he said there will be.

BUT, I'm not sure. I mean it can be everything. It just may be that I am cheating myself and no matter how I try, I still can't see the auras of the people, but I really would like to...

So am I making any progress at all or might it be just an illusion?

Greatful for your thoughts about this,
May shadows reach the light,
Gwathren
13  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Very many little crystals on: March 25, 2004, 20:18:38
Salvete,

I noticed "the crystals" subject. I have a question about it, but a bit diiferent one. It's about the prayer beads.

I have a prayer beads(about 200 in a row). They are made of pure quartz crystal, about what i read that it symbolizes a universal mind and way of thinking, the magic of the hole universe. Can prayer beads be used as a crystal?
They seem to have something in them. It's not just glass. It's religion, but religion is in a way magical. What do you think of prayer beads as crystal?
14  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / The best wizard ever? on: March 14, 2004, 17:16:49
Salvete,

What do you think? Who is the best wizard of all times? Merlin? Gandalf? Or...someone who is still alive? Is the time of great wizards over? Or...could it actually be the best "which" and not a "wizard"?

Gwathren
15  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / There is no such thing as magic on: February 08, 2004, 19:43:58
Salvete

What do you think of the idea that there is no such as magic, but only faith and believing. And when a person believes in something strongly enough, then he/she makes it happen by his/her will.  Or is that already magic? Making smth happen without actually using a spell? And if it's so, isn't that a higher form of magic?

Gwathren
16  World Cultures, Traditions and Religions / Welcome to World Cultures, Traditions and Religions! / Divinity – Magic? on: February 05, 2004, 17:17:58
Salvete

Surely the variaty of different religions and Gods is very interesting, but i have a question: What do you think of the idea that magic is the highest power, that there exists this supreme power – magic, and there is no separate god-like "thing" floating somewhere in heaven. Relgions worship God...but maybe they don't know what it is, because actually there is no such thing? However i do not state that there is no god! I simply thnik: is it possible that God is just the highest impersonation of magic created human's thought to give some sort of form to magic?

If you got the point of this, i would really expect your thoughts...

Gwathren
17  Magic / Welcome to Magic! / Who's more powerful: Men or Women? on: June 27, 2004, 12:48:00
This thread is evil, Tisha. It really is.

But since you posted it, I just have to reply. You're right about that women generally are more powerful. Actually they are more powerful in life too. Cause they have a sort of determination that men lack. However, women usually share everything they know, they instantly want to speak of everything with anybody. Men are more secretive. You could say they think more than women do. At least those who are "the best". Sure there are men who act like they are powerful, but actually are excrement. But have you heard the saying:
"Act like you're stupid, but be smart".
The most powerful are men, because they just are. And some of these "excrement" can be powerful as well.
YOu might never know where the smartest is hiding...
18  The Astral Library / Welcome to Writers Corner! / My story on: June 16, 2004, 12:47:01
Thank you very much for the feedback. I understand it was difficult to read it. Even my posts remain blurry.

I've had the idea in my head for some 2-3 years now and it's evolving all the time. Actually I have the whole thing quite ready in my head. But to put it on paper (or...in my case, to type it on the screen[Cheesy]) is  quite something else. Plus, my language is not remarkably good in my native language either. Buuut...I hope it evolves. Don't know about the target audiance. I wouldn't want to make a childrens' book. I've got far too serious background built up and too many philosophical issues there. But, you know...to put that all in words...and actually choose the right words...that's the tough point. And the time it consumes... But I'm 17, so I hope I've still got time.

But yeah, thanks, I'll try to keep writing and rewriting.[Smiley]
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Members Introductions! / Newbie says hi from UK ! on: June 16, 2004, 04:00:40
Hi!

Welcome! I'm sure You'll love it here.
20  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / the imaginary hands on: June 14, 2004, 20:20:20
quote:
Originally posted by Zord

do not be ashamed there is no such thing as a bad question ^_^

Let's hope so[Cheesy]
21  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / the imaginary hands on: June 14, 2004, 16:54:39
*ashamed*

yeah, I thought I can do everything with them...
22  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Euro 2004 on: June 14, 2004, 03:51:11
England - France

Yeah. AWESOME.
23  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / American Colossus - Is the United States an empire on: June 13, 2004, 19:34:36
quote:
Originally posted by Jenadots

If the European Union wants to run the world, a la The French and The German leaders -- they are welcome to it.  They don't want to do the fighting and the dying, but they certainly seem to want in on the money end of things.  They want the rebuilding contracts which are financed by the USA's taxpayers.  I am tired of hearing how the US "shouldn't have done that" but now that you did, we want a piece of it.  Spoken like true, former colonialists.

JENADOTS,

I'm shocked. I hope this is not how most americans see the situation.
You are wrong. The EU is not trying to rule the world. I don't think I'm old enough to judge your government, but I have seen similarities in your actions with the russian government. That was not a compliment.

Europe has always tried to maintain good realtionships with USA. I seriously can not understand how can you take a stand like that against the french, who have tried to be your friends from the founding of your country. Are you a teacher? Does the name La Fayette sound familiar to you?

USA is a very powerful country. At some stage we might be happy that we also have Russia, India and China. I really hope you don't think that all muslims want to destroy capitalism.

And about the topic. Russia? Maybe.. But USA will never be an empire.
24  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / the imaginary hands on: June 13, 2004, 16:24:04
quote:
Originally posted by sidcev

do you mean healing hands

like heating them up etc

Well I actually thought that I could lie in bed and get my book from the tableby using only the imaginary hands, but I guess healing would be great to you?

I guess you may speak of anything that can be done with this type of hands..
25  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / The Day After Tomorrow on: June 12, 2004, 18:27:36
quote:
Originally posted by SomeBloke

A striking picture... but I bet we're all still here next month.

This looks like Moon fallen on Earth.
People feared that would actually happen before the ideas of gravity or smth. The picture gives a rather sick idea of meteors. However, it is striking, and I'm sure that's what you had in mind. [Wink]

Meteors fall on Earth all the time. Most of them are destroyed as they pass through the atmosphere.

Meteors are I'm afraid the greatest danger to us.

Did you know that it's highly probable that it was a meteor that ended the rule of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago? about 95% of all living was destroyed. Wouldn't hope that humans would survive this right? However, I saw a documentary that we have some sort of thing that could destroy a meteor. Some sort of rocket. A very unique one. I think the russians had it. NOt sure, though.

But that a meteor would kill us the next year? No. I don't think so.

By the way,
If a Moon-sized meteor would decide to hit us, then I'm afraid even all nuclear weapons and the fire-arm arsenal of men couldn't make a difference.

Little meteors fall down to earth all the time(since not all of them burn in the atmosphere).

As a matter a fact, If you heard of Homeros' "ODYSSEY", then the so-called "Fireland" there should be the moment where a famous meteor falls to Estonia.

Cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7