The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2019, 10:47:16

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this stuff really true? (not a flame post) on: November 16, 2002, 07:27:07
I'm asking seriously, because I've tried for quite some time with no results.

I have NOT had an OBE, to my knowledge.

To me, all it seems like is another form of meditation, where you can reach parts of your subconscious that are normally only available during dreams.  How can you all be sure that this is all true, that this is real?

Have any of you met each other and shared time in this alternate reality, or had any other direct evidence that all of this just wasn't imagined?  To me, delving into subconscious realms like this can lead to a lot of false paths, as well as true ones.  How do you know that what you are experiencing is truly real and not your imagination?

I've had inklings of what might be OBE, but to me it's something you have to be careful about because you can easily be fooled into thinking that it's real when it isn't.  You brain can fool itself, or make itself see/think what it wants to.

I guess I'm a little frusterated.  Haven't had a conscious OBE that has seemed just like reality like the others say, but I'd like your opinions.  Again, do not consider this a flame it's merely a question I'm posing.....

2  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / night, evil, and other things on: December 04, 2002, 02:27:32
I would seriously consider getting professional help.  Opening your "psychic door" via black magic is extremely fast, extremely potent, and extremely dangerous.

I was involved in a possession case once, in the presence of a psychologist of 25 years who had "never seen anything like that in my [her] life".

You are at high risk of possession, given what you've written.  Do not let this scare you so much as motivate you to get spritual help, and soon.

I did not believe in possession before I saw what I saw, but believe me when I say it is very real.  It had all the hallmarks: he was speaking in a language I did not understand, his voice went down in pitch a few octaves, and he was able to lift an entire metal bed (around 80-100 pounds) with one arm EASILY (he tried this after the event and wasn't even able to make it budge, much less remember that he actually did that).

I pray for your return from darkness.

Burn your black magic books, get rid of your black metal CDs.  You need to start living a wholesome good spiritual life - more so than the average person because of the danger you are in.  It is going to require a serious lifestyle change, probably permanently.  It will not be easy - but I hope for the best.

Get some help!

3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Suicide and spiritual growth on: December 01, 2002, 01:34:52
Alpha,

What you said can be summed up as "hate hurts the hater".  Hate does nothing but make you mull over how you've been hurt, feel sorry for yourself, etc.  It serves no useful purpose in modern society.  Our animalistic "fight vs. flight" instinct clicks on and we have nothing to release it with.  Aggression, while important early on when we were faced with danger, has no release today except in meaningless agression which solves NOTHING.  What does acting the fool towards someone that has slighted you solve? I've seen many "adults" claim that what they did to this person was because "he/she started it".  You have a choice to end it by not responding and ignoring.

But sometimes, I think it IS necessary to stand up for yourself.  Taking thoughtless jabs at someone as retribution is not "standing up for yourself".  I have found that asking them "why do you feel this way?" and insisting that they answer works well.  Admittedly, it is very awkward at first because usually the perpetrator doesn't even remember why they disliked you in the first place, but it works.  It might be a little odd, but keeping a cool head seems to work wonders!

When someone royally pisses you off, and you react by being ticked off - you have done nothing but fall right into their trap.  Misery loves company after all.

Anyway, that's enough of my "wisdom".  What do I know?  After all, I only have my experience to back things up with and nobody else.  We're all in the same boat, trying to figure out what the hell it's all about.....

And the first one to figure it all out wins a billion dollars!

Frank,

Would it be possible for me to speak with you offline about OBE?  I have had much success with my other psychic (paranormal) abilities, but I am frusterated with OBE.  It's the one thing that really hasn't come "naturally", either due to my naturally skeptic mind or my natural disposition towards NOT being able to OBE.

Instead of cluttering this board with my ramblings about OBE and my difficulty with it, would it be possible for you to at least answer a few questions offline about this?

If so, I'll send you my email address.

Blessings,
Heimdall

4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this stuff really true? (not a flame post) on: November 23, 2002, 18:38:21
I'll make this short (for a change) - Smiley

Are there any particular books by Monroe that you'd recommend?  I'd be interested to read what he has to say about this.

In the meantime, I keep trying - I always feel like I might be on the verge but usually the vibrations and noise in my ears gets extremely loud which startles me or I think I hear something in the room.......

Later.....

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this stuff really true? (not a flame post) on: November 23, 2002, 01:59:30
The etheric, from what I gather, is basically physical reality but completely changeable depending on your thoughts.

I have had dreams where I was in real locations, which then warped into other locations depending on what I am thinking and what I would like to see.  Was I really at that location at that specific time?  I don't know.  I have been lucid in my dreams many times before.  Lucid dreaming has been something I have been able to do from time to time.  But to me a lot of lucid dreaming is just that, dreaming.  When you are able to control your dreams, it firsts manifests itself by yourself (mind) noticing that you are consciously changing the dream you are experiencing.  In my case, it's always something like "Hey cool, I can change this and do that and how about if I add a little of that etc".  I've "met" people before in my dreams, but that doesn't mean that these are actual people.  They could very well be "extras", or dream symbology (something my mind creates to symbolize a non-tangible idea).  I don't consider what I have personally experienced an OBE.  I attribute it to lively imagination.

I would be interesting to hear of any SCIENTIFICALLY done experiment, in labs, where OBE was researched and analyzed.  Has the card trick mentioned before been done in a lab setting?  

Adrian, I always enter these kinds of things with an open but slightly skeptical mind.  I think that if you are too open minded you can make you mind believe whatever it wants.  The "healthy" skepticism keeps me on my toes, keeps my thoughts in check, and prevents my mind from wandering.  And since OBE seems extremely dependent on the person's physical and emotional state anything done to altar either will skew the results.

In no way am I condemning this whole thing, or the experiences of other people.  In fact, I do enjoy reading about them when I get the chance.  I have used my healthy skepticism to explore other areas such as kundalini meditation and chakra work - with good results.  Being a little skeptical only makes the results more credible.....

Sorry for being so long winded......

6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this stuff really true? (not a flame post) on: November 20, 2002, 17:41:45
Jeff,

Nice website......I found your comment about the "dumb kid getting the A" pretty amusing.  I don't know if you have ever seen the movie "Mall Rats", but I feel like that fat guy that can't see the picture even though everyone else can, no matter how hard he tries.

Frank,

I'm bound and determined to OBE.  I've started a dream journal and am trying OBE's while sitting.  Sometimes the simplest answer is the solution, but I'll try sitting up and laying down because when I'm laying down I tend to go way deep into trance.

I read some of the other threads, but the ones that stuck out the most were the ones where drugs (whether illegal or legal) were used to successfully create an OBE.  I admit that attempting this kind of thing all by yourself and without a mind-altering substance is harder, but to me the real thing only happens through hard work.  Shortcuts work in the short term but not the long term.  

So basically I've set myself up to keep trying for a long time, but it will be sweet when it finally happens.

And I've had to hold back talking about these kinds of things too.  In groups, religion and politics are never good things to talk about.  OBE and its kind can be considered religion IMO.  But it is difficult, especially when someone alludes to the fact that they try it too!

Talk to you later,
Chris

7  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS on: November 19, 2002, 07:18:28
It's a nice article, but I'll throw in my .5 cents and agree with the above.......a sudden transformation will not happen.  

Nature for the most part does not allow for such sudden changes, especially where human nature is concerned.  Cosmic rays and all seem pretty cool, but a universal change in consciousness requires a change in generations of ingrained social training amongst many different cultures. Some of this stuff seems to go along with all the "rapture" and the "second coming of Christ" stuff that a lot of people think will instantly change everything.  People back in the 11th century believed that the year 1100 would be the end of the world too.  Best to be careful with that kind of thing.

Not to say that a peaceful world wouldn't be nice, but petty disagreements and violence are still part of our animalistic nature.  It's unfortunate, but true.  It would be great if talking could solve all of our seemingly unavoidable need to kill each other, but as it is.........

8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this stuff really true? (not a flame post) on: November 19, 2002, 06:52:22
Thanks all for the responses.  I'll keep hacking away at it.

For what it's worth, I have natural ability in other areas.  Auras, some clairvoyance and what I call "spirit sense" have always been a part of me.  My rational, scientific mind has rejected such things until recently which has made me wonder if I was crazy or not.  Of course, medically I am fine and a productive member of society. I just tend to question everything like this, after all the mind can make itself believe whatever it wants.  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I have been unable to "scientifically" define all the phenomena that has happened to me.

After much inner debate over the past few days, I have discovered that I do remember at least one dream every night and some have been lucid for a limited time (i.e. I know I am dreaming, and actually change the course of my dreams consciously for a limited time) but this ability fades as I drift into dream realm.  I also remember my dreams changing from black and white (normal dreaming colors) to vivid color when I feel more myself (lucid).  So I guess that is my limited time with OBE.

I am able to very easily sense energy flow within my body, and activate chakras - most notably my third eye and my crown.  It has always been this way, and I know that I should work on the lower chakras first but for some reason the higher ones always activate first.

I have gotten as far as hearing a popping noise in my ears (much like putting a finger in your ear and removing it quicky) during conscious OBE attempts and then nothing.  Can't seem to get farther.....it's immensely frusterating.

I will take the advice of all that responded, and I thank you for your support and input.

By the way, I am in no way a mystic or an old man with a flowing beard either.  Quite the opposite.  I am extremely rational and scientific, what you would call a skeptic.  I don't do drugs, I don't believe everything I hear, I enjoy sports and auto racing, and to all intents and purposes to other people I am someone that would be as far from this kind of thing as possible.  But my natural ability has forced me to further explore these areas.  OBE seems to be one of my cherished "final frontiers" that I have yet to explore.

Again, thank you.  Now, if I could just get to the point of actually OBEing!!!!!  Smiley

Pages: [1]