The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 12, 2017, 08:30:11

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Lucid Dream on: January 09, 2017, 20:14:47
A few of you probably recognize me asking for help.

Within the past few hours, I had a lucid dream, I knew I wasn't fully conscious, but I thought I was phazing.  I was in an old, primarily wooden house, so I was saying, "Clarity now!"  It wasn't doing anything, but I was trying.  There were people there at first, but I wasn't paying much attention to them, so I guess they disappeared.  All except for a guy with a strange head.  He had three different heads, during the dream.  I don't remember the first two, but I asked if he would show me the one I couldn't remember, and he then has a bird on a stump head.  We hugged, and then I woke up.  I was very excited and ran around checking stuff out, but while I could probably describe it all, nothing really stands out. 

Then I woke up with intense whining in my ears, and an intense vibration slowly increasing in time with my breathing.  I tried twisting and turning and swimming and pulling on the futon bars, and asking for help, but vibration or not, I didn't phaze, and floating out, and eventually settled on letting it happen naturally.  Then I fell asleep.
2  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Christos/Partner Technique Meet up? on: October 27, 2016, 23:39:40
I guess we will see what happens then. 

Have you ever done self-regression?
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Christos/Partner Technique Meet up? on: October 22, 2016, 11:54:29
Stated in the topic is that this is a partner technique.  It was original used to create past-life regression experiences and it can be used to initiate a person into altered states.  Since the technique is meant to be used by two people, I figured make an afternoon of it. 
4  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Christos/Partner Technique Meet up? on: October 21, 2016, 12:22:16
I came here for help phasing.  While I have not yet achieved that goal, I have been looking into this and that.  I'm not really sure if this would be the place to post this, so I'm posting and hoping.

I live on the edge of Cook and DuPage, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying this out with me.  I unfortunately do not have a lot of friends who are interested in this sort of thing. 

I won't put in any details at this time as such things are subject to change, and no one would likely show up if I did for quite some time, so I will stick with an exchange of details for a meet up.  I would prefer it if there were at least two or three people joining such a thing.  :3
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Undulating sound? on: April 29, 2016, 10:52:46
Hiya.  It's been a while.  I have been diligent, and reading slow to take in better, but I have yet to project.  One thing I do nightly is write out, "I am having and Out of body experience" twenty times, and I am adding new routines to my days as I adjust to the old one.  Anyway, report done.  This is what I'm here to talk about.

I was watching Unsolved Mysteries a few weeks ago and there was some screwup with their machine.  The sound still played, but it was undulating.  Sort of: Woomp. Woomp. Woomp.  Anyway, before getting through the one episode, I was fighting to stay awake.  I recorded the next episode to watch after work and it was the same, and I was fighting to stay awake again.  I've heard about research on this, Hemi-Sync, right?  Like Rain drops, even though rain doesn't really cause me to fall asleep.  I was thinking of using the sound to play over a self-hypnosis CD, but I deleted the recording already.  But I was wondering if there is a resource available where I could listen to a few and find what would work really well for my purposes. 
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Some of your Favorite exercises? on: March 21, 2016, 18:46:10
I don't know if this has any impact, but I've noticed that in the past few months, I've been distracted by sudden movements more often than before I started trying to OBE. 
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Some of your Favorite exercises? on: December 18, 2015, 11:36:10
If I knew anyone in the area who did astral projection, I'd be more than happy to pick brains.  I'm looking for copies of William Buhlman books (the most prominent bookstores in the area are used bookstores, most the big names have closed down) but I was thinking to use hypnosis to put extra emphasis on exercises, and possibly, create a trigger (like m&m's) to induce ap.  I'm a dreamer, I know, but I'd like to do that.
8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Some of your Favorite exercises? on: December 09, 2015, 11:03:42
I can actually do phantom movements while in a bed, stand up, turn around, look at myself.  I feel like I'm looking down and at the same time, feel the mattress under me.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Some of your Favorite exercises? on: November 10, 2015, 11:53:50
I've never particularly good at self-discipline when I had little guidance to stand behind, and while I have plenty of information to look at, I have a hard time getting that creative wind.  It's hard to find an "I wanna try that idea" or "I bet that would work really well" moment.  If I knew someone around here who had astral projections, I could discuss this at length, and shore up problems quickly rather than ask and forget what I was getting at.  Course, this is just in addition to the time issues I'm dealing with right now.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Some of your Favorite exercises? on: November 03, 2015, 11:24:10
I know, but I've had little progress and lots of issues, so I'm trying to get back on track at the moment.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Some of your Favorite exercises? on: November 01, 2015, 11:07:24
I'm trying to get myself into the habit of doing exercises everyday.  My summer was hectic so at this point I've grown out of touch with my exercises, so I'd like to ask what exercises are well favored, what references and books people look for and really anything worth saying.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: September 27, 2015, 11:28:52
It's been a while.  There have been hassles and unfortunate events, and practicing has been the last thing on my mind.  I believe I mentioned picking a book and psychic development.  I tried out several of the techniques, but not with any noticeable change, not until I tried psychometry. 

I'd like to speak up on that a bit, and ask opinions.  First of all, the exercise goes like this:  Touch the colors, learn the colors and repeat the colors without looking.  At first, I was fifty/fifty.  At my best, I managed just under 10 wrong.  At worst, a frustrating 27.  Then predicting by suit. 

At first, during the first attempts, I would get a righteous headache accompanied by heavy dizziness.  I used to do about four rounds, but after starting to learn OBE, I slipped away from it.  I'm trying to pick up the habit again since it is probably more helpful than not, despite my scewed understanding of other people's opinions led me to believe. 

I can probably get a more colorful deck, but I was wondering what would be a good thing to increase the challenge of this exercise?  Feel free to encourage continuing this exercise, or not as your opinion may be.  And feel free to add any notes you feel I should hear.  I'll read through them.
13  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Reflection of Dreams on: July 01, 2015, 21:58:07
As my aim is to perform Astral Projection, this could probably be placed in Astral Projection, and that's really half of this topic.  I had a nightmare before I woke up this morning.  Speaking from the point of view of someone who has phased, when one has a nightmare, what is the reaction astrally speaking? 

I know its a little confusing, and I'll try to think on a better way of asking, but for just interpret it as you see fit.  I just didn't want to forget my question by not writing, or mix up the meaning later before I don't understand my wording.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: June 06, 2015, 07:59:05
You might be giving me too much credit.  But it is nice to know that I'm on the right track.
When I do phantom limb exercises, sometimes it itches or feels warm, or more commonly, not unlike sympathy pains.

I'm thinking of seeing a hypnotist to help me better reach deeper states consciously.  Feel free to list things I should bring up besides, making sure that s/he is familiar with phasing.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: June 03, 2015, 21:02:06
I've taken to the practice of moving phantom limbs as a focus during meditation rather than visualizing an object.  I'm still performing 5 minute sessions, and while it's more of a suggestion than a rule right now, I try to perform these session about four times a day. 

Reality check proves to be tenuous at best.  I haven't gotten to a point where I get and go, or where I am standing around a suddenly start checking reality.
16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: May 14, 2015, 23:20:40
Yes, I have, and the most difficult part to work with is the torso.  The expectation of getting my head out is off cuz my focus doesn't leave me body.  It feels kind of warm and staticky where my body parts separate, and at times, there is a little pain from it, it's kind of like a small pinch.

Thank you for your explanation on meditation.  Do you think that it is important to visualize an object, or is that just something people do to maintain their focus?  Or is it a necessary part of visualization training among other things?  It sounds like it is best to simply not think or visualize.  For reference, when I meditate, I do it in five minutes, and will work up to longer stretches.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: May 14, 2015, 20:44:57
I describe thoughts that aren't thoughts as whispers.

But yes, I understand what you mean, and this all part of getting to a point that allows for an OBE.  I think for me it's a bit harder than for a few others simply because I've always been focused, (as a 3yo, I could focus on a TV show for an hour which isn't always the case) and when I wake up, I can go from 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye.  Though if I'm tired, I'll fall asleep without waking up enough to prepare for an OBE attempt, though that isn't that unexpected. 
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: May 13, 2015, 23:39:47
I've noticed that at times, I'll mumble, maybe subconsciously when I dream sometimes, kind of like I'm narrating my dreams.  (I'm a writer, is that a contributing factor?)  I don't always dream either.  It happens some nights and it doesn't others.  I can recall being somewhat aware of the fact that I'm not dreaming too.

When I was a kid, I recall, if only for a short time, that I would repeatedly tell myself to wake up while I was asleep.  Lately, don't seem to remember to try to project when I'm waking up.

What kind of routines do you guys have when you project, or at least try?  And what do you find the most effective?
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: May 09, 2015, 12:25:00
Smell, huh?  That's an interesting idea. /:)   Since I have a hard time recalling smells, except for a few certain smells at certain times.  I recognize smells, of course.

I think that you misinterpreted what I meant.  I perform reality check when I go to a new location.  Or at least, I'm trying to build a habit there.  Say, I go to the bathroom, I run through my reality check.  Where am I?  How did I get here?  Why am I here?
Though if I were to do a personalized RC, I might say "Can my hand be sword/pen/wing/what have you?"  right now, that would be a 'no'. 
20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: May 08, 2015, 10:17:14
Right now, I'm developing habits.  I recite affirmation, at least, ten times before I fall asleep.  I don't seem to have a problem with this. 
I'm trying to develop a habit of performing a reality check every time I change location.  Go to work, reality check.  Come home, RC.  Brush Teeth, RC.  Go to Barnes and Noble, RC.  Like that. 
Even so, I haven't really recognized any changes yet.  I'm sure they are there, but I haven't recognized them.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: April 27, 2015, 04:05:25
I could be reading this wrong but sounds like you are mixing an affirmation and a reality check a little.  If someone uses, say food as in your example, as their trigger they would not normally say an affirmation during that trigger.  An affirmation isn't the best way to trigger lucidity.  You would use a reality check.  So instead of saying I am dreaming, and I recall my ..., you would say am I dreaming? 

I know the difference between an affirmation and a reality check.  I'm not even that far.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would a prerequisite to actually reach the preliminary goal of having an obe before trying to do the same with a specific trigger during the day.  It is a long term goal. 

As it is, I haven't been using reality checks yet, only affirmations.  I probably should put some thought into what my reality checks will be.  Generally speaking, though, I don't dream every night.  I dreamt last, though I couldn't remember beyond the fact that I was dreaming though.  It's a shame, I really liked that dream. 

I like that.  It's similar to what I have. 
"I become Lucid in all my dreams, and I recall my dreams with total clarity." 

The past few weeks, I've pretty much relaxed, rather than trying every week to get an obe.  I read that it is a good idea to take some time to rest after so many attempts, successful or otherwise, at least for beginners.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: April 23, 2015, 10:16:14
I've already read that a time or two.  If it were going to be that easy for me, I probably wouldn't have come here to benefit from other people's experience. 

I was wondering, what should I expect from these affirmation specifically.  I know I'm to expect something, and I can give an example from experience, which is sort of why I'm asking. 

When you load a game onto your computer, if you look into the file, you notice that there are likely hundreds of files, right.  No doubt everyone here is familiar with the different windows settings for a file, thumbnail, icon, and tiles.  If you were to try and pick the column where the set ends, I have a one in three chance with tiles, one in six with thumbnails, and one in ten with icons.  I generally set it at thumbnails, and noticed that for a long while, I would consistently pick the accurate ending column.  Then I said, "this can't be real, can it?"  After a few days of this, my accuracy dropped dramatically.  Obviously, saying, "It's really real, isn't it?" increased my accuracy, though not quite as quickly.  Actually, maybe I should use that as a trigger for speaking my affirmations.  : )
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: April 18, 2015, 10:28:48
I agree, and that is what I'm trying.  One step at a time, in the simplest manner.  I like to write, so I tend to put more words in whether they are necessary or not.

Maybe, "This is a dream."  then "I remember my dream."

Thanks. 

You know, this may count or it may not.  When I was young, my family would go to the fireworks on 4th of July.  One year, I fell asleep during the show.  The blanket caught fire, but I saw it happen from another blanket, and I argue with my sister, insisting that it was a different family. 
24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: April 10, 2015, 05:15:43
I'm working on affirmations to go along with my goals, which to with is to project.  Ultimately, I'd like to be able to use an object to trigger it during the day.  I read about this in one of the guides I picked up.  They have a lucid experience whenever they eat.

But to start:
I am dreaming, and I recall my dreams with total clarity.
I am dreaming, and I know that I am dreaming.

Feel free to pick this apart.  When I achieve this goal, I'll work on a new set.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE - I'm trying on: April 05, 2015, 05:10:11
On occasion, I've enjoyed relaxing while the waves push me back and forth.  This visualization I created based on some of the exercised from the book I mentioned.  Psychic Development for Beginners by Hewitt.  One of them is walking down steps to get to a deeper psychic level.  I go there to do my exercises.  Writing on chalkboard, visualizing my name being sky written, and letting flow away.  Visualizing my body for the purpose of calling out to others.  It overlooks the sea and a beach, and a mountain, which come from his beach of time and mountain exercise.  I won't deny that I've often thought that I was close, but up until now, I've not managed to project.  If I get frustrated, I take some time to distance myself and calm down.

Btw, the sources I've read have stated that it is better to attempt to project in the morning.  What's your opinion?  Does it matter?

I made a few attempts.  I was dozing, while making attempt and when I tried to get out, I woke up.  Still in bed in the dark.  It was weeks ago, so I'm not sure if I tried to roll out, but I tried three separate times
Pages: [1] 2