The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 30, 2020, 18:30:27

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Crown chakra reacting to negativity? on: October 30, 2002, 23:44:39
I don't spend a lot of time working on directly stimulating my chakras, so when I get "tingly" in one it's usually from what I'm doing - e.g., brow chakra when I'm picturing something, or crown chakra when I hear one of my favorite songs.

Well, one other thing my crown chakra reacts to is, basically, hatred.  Not a lot really upsets me, and two of them are at work. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_angry.gif" border=0>  But when I do get angry, I tend to dwell on it and create lots of worst-case scenarios in my mind.  And at times like this, I feel my crown chakra absolutely spring to life, but with what feels to me like a colder version of what I feel when I'm inspired.  Or maybe that's just due to my mood or the strength of it.  *shrug*

Any thoughts on this?  Why would a chakra respond to such a negative emotion?
2  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Acupuncture? on: March 21, 2002, 13:09:12
Greetings all, this is my first post here, though I've been a "lurker" for awhile.  =)

I had a question regarding acupuncture;  I'm not too familiar with it, but doesn't it facilitate chi flow along the points where the needles are put?  Would that be a good way to remove stubborn blockages?  I ask because, after having no problems with foot/leg development, I find my hands are totally unresponsive, no matter how long I try or how deeply I relax.

I've got some other questions and an odd experience to relate, but that's for another time.   wink
3  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / New Features and Layout on: January 10, 2003, 15:55:47
I'm actually having some problems, I don't think it's anything browser-related.  I'm not seeing any forums or topics unless I'm already in that forum, if that makes sense.  I have a thread in the Energy Development forum bookmarked, so I can go there and find that forum and other threads; but when I go to "Home" or "All Forums" there's nothing there.  I found this thread by clicking on Adrian's profile and viewing his recent posts.
Surely I can't be the only one stuck in limbo?

Oh, and nothing comes up under Active topics either, even when I set it to show me older topics.  And yes, I'm signed in.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / 2 possibly fool proof technique I've discovered.. on: January 09, 2003, 23:47:26
Re: "masturbation technique" - I think perhaps one key to this is that imagining oneself masturbating is something that one can really put all of one's imagination behind.  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0>  He wasn't imagining doing it in his physical body, he was imagining it in the course of a dream with his body elsewhere.  It's like what "Rope" and the Yo-yo method are supposed to improve on; formerly the standard method to induce OBE was just to wholeheartedly imagine yourself outside your body, and if you imagined it well enough [using all your senses & concentration] you'd pop out to there.  Well, imagining the feeling of masturbating sure counts as involving the senses, and it's not hard to concentrate on.  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_wink.gif" border=0>

Re: "spirit mage" image - if you look closely at the bottom of the pic {easy to miss}, he got it at mutedfaith.com.  They have a few quizzes there, the URL of the quiz page is http://www.mutedfaith.com/funny/quiz.htm
5  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Ki ball pictures on: January 02, 2003, 02:22:36
It'd probably be better if we could see before-and-after shots so we can see what changes.  I can't really tell what I'm supposed to be seeing {please note that I'm saying nothing's there}.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / DMT- HOW COULD ANYONE HAVE MISSED THIS? on: December 09, 2002, 13:53:25
I[/i[ understood what PeacefulWarrior meant when he put "JK" after his statement, he meant "ha ha, not literally of course" - if you didn't understand that it's your problem.  I noticed right away that you edited the "JK" out when you quoted him, then accused him of meaning it literally.  Now that you know he was kidding, I would've thought you might want to apologise, but you just ignore it.
Regardless of what you might know on this or other topics, your behavior makes it hard to take you seriously.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / View point in dreams on: December 09, 2002, 13:16:20
My view is also first-person, whether in my dreams or in my mind's-eye.
For some reason, it's just too weird to "picture myself" in any way.  I don't even like to look in the mirror.  I just don't feel like who I would see there at all matches who I am.
{shrug}
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / To Claus or Not To Claus on: December 04, 2002, 11:53:46
When I have kids, we won't be raising them to believe in Santa.  When my parents told me about Santa, it was very troubling to me, and after that I questioned everything my parents told me, including our belief in God.  (Not that that's always a bad thing, but it probably is at a young age)
Anyway, after I knew about Santa (but wasn't allowed to tell my younger brother & sister) I still felt the same "magic" in Christmas, and it was a fun little secret between my parents and me.
If you do decide to tell your daughter the truth, don't let her spoil it for other kids.  Their parents probably wouldn't appreciate that.http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_blush.gif" border=0>
9  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / read this post on: December 04, 2002, 11:52:41
Ugh, this is why I don't read posts with titles like "Urgent, Read This!"
I only checked this one out because it had a few responses.
*sigh*
10  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / wawa's on: December 02, 2002, 13:50:45
There are none very near me, but I pass one every other week or so.
At least in our area, it's always a convenience store with a mega gas station, which engages in predatory pricing like Wal-mart & Sheetz (selling gas or whatever below cost, just long enough to drive the competition out of business, then raising their prices once they have a near-monopoly).
Also, in our area, a number of Wawas have been built on the former sites of historic houses (which they destroyed).  So I don't go there.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Suicide and spiritual growth on: November 27, 2002, 21:30:20
quote:
The only problem I have with that last statement of mine is that I am a non-suicidally minded person trying to understand the options faced by somebody who is inclined to suicide.

Well I've been there, and the best description of the "options" they have is none (in their mind).  Doing the simplest things in life (getting out of bed, preparing a meal, et.al.) seems impossibly painful.
quote:
Also, suicide seems like a rather selfish act, in that everyone else has to pick up the pieces.

Thing is, when someone is desperate enough to consider suicide, it's because it's literally too painful to live, regardless of the consequences (to either ourselves or those left behind).  I never understood this until I was facing it myself, but the decision to stay or leave is not based on what anyone else wants for us.  If you have the strength to consider others' feelings, then you've still got strength left to deal with your situation.
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / working on a retrival,maybe? on: November 27, 2002, 20:56:23
Huh?!?  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_dead.gif" border=0>
13  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Anyone know Chinese or Japanese? on: November 26, 2002, 14:23:12
I can't attest to how well the websites describe anything.  In my web travels I happened to find a number of articles which all referred to those same terms in the same way, so I knew there really was such a concept and it's not something one person was making up.  I bookmarked those three sites because they seemed to be the most informative of the few that I looked up, but I'm sure there are better ones out there.
I don't usually trust information from websites that try to sell things either, I completely understand that.  But I was just looking for basic definitions, I wasn't about to trust my health to it or anything.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / hitchhiker! on: November 25, 2002, 12:42:36
quote:
I used the following BANISHMENT RITUAL taught to me by a friend ...
"According to SPIRITUAL LAW, I BANISH you from my presence, to NEVER EVER RETURN."

I've heard references to "Spiritual Law" before, but I never really heard it defined.  Are there really rules that spirits have to follow, and if so, who/what makes those rules?  I've heard stories like RB's posession account in PPSD, where a spirit needed permission to posess someone; but then, some people are posessed without permission, so I don't know how the rules apply there.

As for the number three, god seems to like that number for some reason.  "Holy Holy Holy," etc.
15  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Is our physical lifespan predetermined? on: November 25, 2002, 01:29:26
quote:
I wonder how we know, or if we'll know what it is we're supposed to learn?

I decided awhile ago that this is the first thing I'll ask my guide(s) if/when I ever meet them (and know them enough to trust that they really are my guides).
16  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Personality Disorder Test on: November 25, 2002, 01:21:09
Don't worry, Synapse, you can't have been as bad as mine are either.  3 "Highs" and 2 "Very Highs"... but I agree that the test is inaccurate to say the least.
Fun though.  I love tests. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / What is ROPE? on: November 25, 2002, 00:26:33
Check Robert Bruce's online "Treatise on Astral Projection", which most of us read before coming here (I notice a lot of newcomers found there way here without having heard of NEW or the Treatise, where did you link to here from?).
Part 5 in particular has the Rope technique:  http://www.tower.net.au/~rsb/guides/oobe/oobe_5.htm
You may be better off reading the whole thing in the order it was intended, starting with http://www.tower.net.au/~rsb/guides/oobe/oobe.htm
When you're done there, check out the online guide for N.E.W.:  http://www.tower.net.au/~rsb/guides/new/new.htm

All newcomers should read these first, because most of what you're likely to ask is already covered in there.
18  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / subject on: November 24, 2002, 00:05:08
9:04 pm in PA (Eastern time).
This is a silly thread, therefore I'm not really here.  I just look like I am, or might be soon.
19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Anyone know Chinese or Japanese? on: November 24, 2002, 00:03:21
I remember seeing some references to "jing" as one of the "three treasures" (along with chi/qi and shen).  Here are some websites I bookmarked back then & haven't looked at since:
http://www.dragonherbs.com/philo/3treasures.asp
http://www.dragondoor.com/golafson_qi.html
http://qi-journal.com/TCM.asp?-Token.FindPage=5&-Token.SearchID=The%20Dao%20of%20Herbs

Hope that helps!
20  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / We Look to Christ on: November 22, 2002, 01:46:58
quote:
Didn't know there was a gospel of Jesus, maybe they should have included that one in the bible?hehe

Gospel just means "good news"; the gospels in the bible are the Gospel {of Jesus} according to John or Mark or whoever.  They're all the Gospel of Jesus.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Focusing Attention Within and my F27 Place on: November 17, 2002, 02:44:00
quote:
Bruce Moen teaches that, say, in the beginning of learning to explore, if you want, go ahead and just *pretend* you're having a conversation with a deceased loved one in your mind or in the afterlife: pretend the conversation back and forth, pretend the environment....and watch for anything unexpected to happen, such as your loved one saying something that isn't in your own 'pretend script'...or they do something unexpectedly, suggest the two of you go somewhere. It's then you begin to realize that somewhere along the line, something real developed.

I think Frank mentioned this once before, and I've tried it a few times... but I always feel like I have to apologize in advance to whoever I'm emulating in my head.  I hate to put words in anyone's mouth. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Thanks for the details Ginny, there's quite a bit for me to think about here.
22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Is this stuff really true? (not a flame post) on: November 16, 2002, 19:58:49
quote:
Have any of you met each other and shared time in this alternate reality, or had any other direct evidence that all of this just wasn't imagined? To me, delving into subconscious realms like this can lead to a lot of false paths, as well as true ones. How do you know that what you are experiencing is truly real and not your imagination?

I know what you mean, that does seem to me to be the best indication that it's not just in one's own head.  I believe Donna has referred to meeting people on the Astral before, or meeting OBE in a physical-world location.  Perhaps she can expound on anything her group jointly experienced that would confirm its objectivity.
23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Doing retreivals on: November 15, 2002, 15:05:27
Ginny:
quote:
I decided to just do what he talked abou doing (creating a special place for himself in Focus 27), a starting point to perhaps meet Guides, become familiar with just being there in my place, get acquainted with having my Focus of Attention away from the physical and see what happened.

I've never heard of this, could you explain how you "create a special place" in F27?  Do you just "imagine" things into existence, and they stay there?  Which book did you find this in?

Thanks as always for your description of how it works.  Fascinating stuff I hope to experience first-hand someday...
24  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Guardian Spirits on: November 12, 2002, 18:42:17
quote:
I have strong desire to get out of my body but I don't want to be posessed or harmed.

Don't worry, EnderWiggin, there's not the danger there that you may think there is.
Read Part 7 of the Treatise on OBE (http://www.tower.net.au/~rsb/guides/oobe/oobe_7.htm), you'll see that during OBE your body isn't "empty" so there's no more liklihood of being posessed than when you're sleeping.  If you can get a copy of Astral Dynamics, chapter 3 goes into a lot of detail about this.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Let's take the astral by storm!!! on: November 11, 2002, 12:46:30
I'm in the same boat, Spencer;  no conscious exit yet.
One thing I've come to assume that differs from what you've posted:
quote:
make sure you have eaten 2-3 hours before you project

I always thought that the fuller you are, the more connected to your physical body you are.  I think it was suggested in the Treatise that eating is one way to close the chakras after stimulating them.  I also seem to recall from that thread on Kundalini, that eating can supress unwanted energy spikes (which I suppose isn't directly related, but probably relates to the same idea).  Also, I've heard of people fasting to prepare for astral travel etc.  Anyway, I've always felt that one of my barriers to projection is the fact that I'm always eating something (practically a disorder).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4