The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 21, 2017, 11:13:10

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: I thought the vibrations were my husband's spirit visiting me... on: July 02, 2017, 18:11:28
oh gosh you guys, thank you!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate your taking the time to reply to my questions.  I feel really grateful that I came across this site and also very welcomed. 
For books I think I am going to start with Robert Monroe- Journey’s Out of the Body and William Buhlman- Adventures in the Afterlife plus, as EscapeVelocity suggested everything on this site - I've been reading a bunch of it so far.  I'm floored by some of the things I've come across - I read a post about retrievals and while this is so beyond me right now I just can't believe this whole world that is out there which was completely unknown to me before. And then I hope to get to the other books suggested here as well.  This is a major education going on here  grin

EscapeVelocity - thank you for the explanation in layman's terms. That is incredibly helpful Smiley I was actually really excited when you asked about lucid dreaming and mentioned flying dreams because I have had them many, many times during my life - all with a deja vu feeling that I had been able to fly before - like maybe as a child or even in a past life or something.  Normally this would happen when things were going well in my life.  Surprisingly, considering that things aren't going so well recently, I had one a week or so ago.  Your mentioning it made me remember and it also has me wondering if my subconscious feels that something good is actually happening. And thank you attempting my questions about whether or not that was my husband. And, yes, my answer to your questions is a resounding yes! I hate to say that everything I do right now is attempting to keep that connection open because I know there should be more to my life than that but, for right now, it is what it is.  So, we will see...

Subtle Traveler - your reassurances that the loss of my husband may be a physical one but not a complete one are really comforting and I appreciate that so much.  As I'm going through this process for some reason I'm always seeking external validation and while I really know that I am the only one who can decide for myself, for some reason it just feels good to get it Smiley  And, I am listening...  I do understand what you are saying about the biological mind filling in the unanswered gaps.  I will try not to over analyze.  So hard though!  I have been documenting my dreams but hadn't actually documented any of the vibrations/sleep paralysis/energy types of things for some reason so I am now doing that as well. And, I have been meditating and I think your suggestion to do that for a while before pursuing OOBEs more specifically is smart (but if they happen, then Yay!!!) I had never meditated before and am pretty terrible at it but I keep sticking with it.  Originally I had been using binaural beats and now I'm listening to a guided visualization cd from Brian Weiss MD who is known for his books on past life regression (this is another new interest of mine.) I don't know much about meditation though - is there some form of it that you suggest or do you think anything is okay?  Also, I didn't totally understand what you meant by "clustering." If you have a moment would you be able to explain that idea a little bit more? I am REALLY looking forward to the book you mentioned that will be published in Sept.     

Okay guys, I'm rambling.  But, thank you all so much!!  If there is anything good to come out of the awful loss of my husband, I think that opening my mind has to be it and I'm excited about it. 
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / I thought the vibrations were my husband's spirit visiting me... on: July 01, 2017, 04:19:47
This might be a little off topic but here goes...  My husband died in October and maybe a month and a half later I experienced sleep paralysis a few times. I felt a magnetic, vibrating "pull" from his side of the bed. It felt like it was pulling me towards it. It was scary as hell! I tried to tell myself to calm down - that it was my husband's spirit. It happened again and the whole time I was telling myself not to be scared because it was him. This time it moved above me and I thought my body was going to lift out of itself and rise up (and maybe go where he is) but then I felt this pressure on my chest (I thought it was him but it did feel a little rough) so I didn't rise up. I mentioned this to his cousin and she told me that she had experienced the same exact thing when her grandfather, whom she was very close with, died. She thought it was him visiting her. Then a month or so later I started getting full body vibrations. (These were much nicer than the sleep paralysis experience!!)  Again I thought this was my husband - sending me his love, letting me know that he still exists. Then I started poking around online and found that it might be the beginning of an OOBE.  I pushed that thought to the back of my mind and had a few more of the vibration "visits."  But then, last week I was poking around online again and I found this forum. I read personalreality's post "How I got out for the first time" and when I woke up in the middle of the night one night I thought: why not give this a try?  And, it started to work!  I got the full body vibrations and then my torso started to slip out of my body but then I couldn't keep the vibrations going. 

So, this is a very long way of asking: has anyone had this experience when they lost someone close to them?  Do you think there is a reason this all began once I lost my husband and never before?  I'm interested in pursuing this - it was so cool!  But, since I'm completely new to all of this I'm wondering, is there a chance that I can meet with him if I can get out of my body? I'm really just wanting to know what you all think of this - coincidence, spiritual awakening, could it possibly be a visit from my husband?  (Btw, I began this journey believing in nothing beyond this physical life here on earth and so I am new to MUCH more than just OOBEs.)  Also, what is the best first book I should read about OOBEs and astral projection? Thank you!
Pages: [1]