The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 18, 2019, 11:05:25

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Near OBE I can make music on: December 04, 2013, 06:44:40
For a few years now I've been singing as soon as I separate from my body and it seems to have a wonderful effect of raising my vibration. Anything from Buddhist chants (where a chorus of monks chime in) to songs like "Amazing Grace" or "Nothing's going to change my world" by the Beatles to Dead Can Dance to "Separator" by Radiohead. I've tried many techniques and chanting or singing is the most effective in achieving positive results and the full song with accompaniment will chime in after you start singing. I've also heard original symphonies I wish I could remember upon waking. I highly recommend it!
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Funniest voices heard while in the vibrational state on: December 04, 2013, 06:35:52
Yes, scary type growls and threats at first, not dissimilar to a horror movie. Then furniture moving, trucks slamming doors, snoring, bells, alarm clocks. Now nothing but air rushing by as I fly out of my body. I think it's the subconscious just telling you to not venture out until it deems all is safe and then it doesn't interfere.
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Esther Hicks explanation of OBE vs. Lucid Dreams on: November 16, 2013, 17:55:30
Yes, it's all a continuum of consciousness and how we personally translate that as we reach higher states (which for me has changed over time - now there are shortcuts to what used to be a more laborious 'process' of reaching the same point).

For some reason, when I have the sensation of an OBE I feel more aware/intelligent/bringing all my usual waking facilities and memories with me than when in a lucid dream but I realize they are pretty much the same thing.

What I liked best about this clip is the idea that while in this state we are consciously aware (and therefore can recall upon waking) our merging with and seeing through the eyes of our higher self/broader perspective. This explains why I feel so mind-blowingly joyous and hope this is the experience we feel upon death: unburdened, blissful, free, invincible.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Seeing Through Your Eyelids on: November 16, 2013, 17:36:27
Yes, this happens often right as I'm falling asleep. After dozens of experiences I've realized I'm never seeing the room as it actually is but it's signpost for me that I'm ready to pop out of my body without waking it up. Although it can be very close to reality, there's always something a little different (or a lot different, like I'm in a house I used to live in, or my husband is there when I know he's not). Kudos to you that you can achieve this through meditation since I'm only able to if I'm actually in-between that waking and sleep state.
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What keeps visiting me? on: November 15, 2013, 17:42:08
Stephen LaBarge's research found that a majority of lucid dreamers (women in particular) tend to have actual physical orgasms during lucid dreams so the question is, do we conjure the partner to help bring to fruition these sexual releases or is there an entity that brings them about (in other words, what comes first, the chicken or the egg). 

Before waking from an OBE a few weeks ago I had a very strong sexual urge and there was a man in my room who I transformed into what I found attractive to help satisfy the incredibly strong drive (much more so than when I'm awake, interestingly enough). After we were done I asked who he was an he said 'my deamon'. I looked up the definition and the archaic Greek meaning is 'a divinity or supernatural being of a nature between gods and humans' but could also be translated as 'demon.'

I've run into an entity who says he's demon a few other times in this in-between state and I've also had someone attach themselves to my ankle or back as I'm flying out who upon looking at them looks all clad in black. I once asked who he was and he whispered 'your shadow' or another time 'I am you.'  I've also encountered a destructive clown type character a few times who likes to blow things up.

This yin and yang is something I've just learned to live with since if you read all the books on the shadow self, the healthy thing to do is to embrace and understand it. If I get fearful it transforms into something more scary but if I send it thoughts of compassion and love, it goes away, transforms or I find myself in a happy scene.

Perhaps there's also more thought forms as we get into the denser state of re-entering the body since I've found most of the mischief makers are encountered upon exiting or re-entering, but these have become less and less common as I conquer my fears about what what's out there.

You might also find that if you haven't had sex in awhile that you'll have more of these experiences as a way for your body to have that release.
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: sounds upon waking on: November 15, 2013, 17:11:48
I used to hear a soft pop/click when I exited (and occasionally traffic noises, snoring, clanging and voices). Sometimes when coming back in before waking I would hear my name or 'hi'. After years of having OBEs I no longer hear anything or see my virtual bedroom but go straight to my 'dark screen/tunnel' that feels like I'm traveling at high speed with wind against my face and sometimes makes a whooshing sound before transitioning to my wished for or surprise location. Whatever you experience in the in-between states, there's nothing to be afraid of - have fun with it.
7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Esther Hicks explanation of OBE vs. Lucid Dreams on: November 15, 2013, 17:04:30
If you listen to the last few minutes of this, she explains the difference between an OBE and a lucid dream. Makes sense to me (they are basically the same, a lucid dream is just a precursor to an OBE which is has been my experience).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oixl1lIiTgo
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Jerry Hicks passes away; husband of Esther Hicks on: November 24, 2011, 04:44:57
Yes, I received this email too and thought it was beautifully written. I'm a big fan of their teachings and workshops and since Jerry was in his late 80's, it's not a surprise he would go eventually but it was still sad to see him transition.
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Saw my wife in OBE? on: November 04, 2011, 16:00:34
Ah, that makes it very interesting that you didn't have the normal OOBE sensations of going to sleep or waking up after you saw your wife. I wonder if the dimensions are getting more slippery. I see holographic ghosts/beings/animal totems sometimes when I wake up that last for about 2-5 seconds and I am FULLY awake. They don't freak me out since it's been happening for years now but I think it has something to do with the fact that I've been astral projecting a long time and I'm not always firmly in this dimension.

10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: OBE Shadow being/s. on: November 02, 2011, 16:45:22
It might be comforting to know you're experiencing two things that are very common when you first start projecting. First, strong sexual urges are almost universal and Robert Monroe said they are a great distraction (although they can be fun) from continuing your travels and I agree. It took years until I no longer had this happen automatically when exiting.

Another 'automatic' occurrence for many is an ominous figure or auditory warnings when first exiting. I'm not sure what they represent (a lower astral plane where these thought forms hang out, our own fears, or a combination of the two) but I quickly zoom out the window when I exit or don't see my room at all anymore, just go straight to the 3D black world, so you might try just flying away as soon as you exit to not encounter these distractions.

As far as asking for protection, I used to regularly do this but found it rarely works. I think it's because the very act of asking to be protected is more of a victim mentality. What works every time for me is get in a higher emotional state by singing/chanting or sending the being love and compassion which transforms them. Becoming fearless and remaining calm is a natural outcome of regularly projecting and all the tools you learn there you can bring to your waking state.  Enjoy.

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Esther Hicks workshop clip: OOBEs vs Dreams on: November 02, 2011, 16:33:50
The Law of Attraction teacher, Esther Hicks, comments in this clip how OOBEs are the state where you become joined with more of who you really are vs. the waking state. I certainly feel more joyous in this state, no matter what I encounter, so it's an interesting theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjcDJSKfzBg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Saw my wife in OBE? on: November 02, 2011, 16:29:07
While exiting I often see my husband in bed when he's not or vice versa. And years ago my ex-husband would be strangling me when I exited (there's some heavy symbolism for you - we divorced not long after).

I've come to the conclusion after years of doing this that what I see after exiting is all internally generated. In fact, I no longer see the room at all since my consciousness doesn't 'need' this phase to believe I've projected. I prefer this because I would often see ominous figures when exiting and now skipping this phase gets me to the good stuff (I zoom down a tunnel to my destination) more quickly. So my advice is don't worry about what you see when exiting and enjoy your travels.

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Yet another question! Astral body on: October 30, 2011, 18:55:45
I rarely feel/felt vibrations so don't feel those are necessary to project. At first I just felt my astral body lifting out starting with my feet and learned how to twist out like rolling over in bed using your shoulders.

The rope climbing technique works best for me now - I don't even have to be as sleepy which makes it a quick short cut. Also focusing your vision forward and clearing your mind while falling asleep works nearly every time.
14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Why is it so DARK? on: October 30, 2011, 18:42:11
I have very similar experiences! The rolling dark clouds are always in my vision when I close my eyes and they often transform into shapes/faces/beings at the beginning of a projection (or even meditating).

It's funny you bring up cartoon figures because at the beginning or end of a projection I often see cartoon-like figures or graphics (signs, movie screens, spreadsheets, diagrams, scrolls, mandalas, merkabas) and I find those the most fascinating since they often have significant messages for me.

The scary characters (bats, demons, fire-breathing dragons) have completely gone away after years of doing this so if you learn to just see them as internally created projections you'll overcome your fear and they'll stop occurring. I think the scary sounds and images we experience when first projecting is just emotional beliefs/stuff we need to clean up (and/or gatekeepers our ego sets up to 'protect' us).

Enjoy.
15  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Funny OBE on: October 30, 2011, 18:23:06
I used to have problems with walls but developed a few techniques that helped:

.  putting my hand forward like superman
.  creating or searching for a window to fly through
.  turning my shoulder toward the wall like you're breaking down a door
.  closing your astral eyes so you don't see the wall

I no longer have issues with walls but for some reason rarely get through a roof!

16  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: What do you wear during an OBE? And a few questions. on: October 30, 2011, 18:17:30
Lately I've been intentionally looking down or in a mirror when I'm in an OBE/lucid dream and see what I'm wearing and it's always something fantastic. Once it was a heavy silk white toga with a gold cord or last week I was a redhead with long hair and an elaborate purple dress that looked like something off the runway. It's never something I wear in real life and usually something either from a past era or very futuristic. Have fun with it.
17  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why do my projections deteriorate when I pass through doors and windows? on: October 24, 2011, 02:16:35
I'm convinced that leaving your 'room' puts you in a whole different dimension so that's why it becomes unreal. I occasionally see what appears to be my neighborhood after I exit the house but very rarely.

After 15 years of having these I've stopped seeing the room when I exit and just fly sideways towards where my window is and then I'm zoomed off to my destination through a black tunnel so don't be surprised if what you see when you exit changes over time. The best advice is fly through your window (easier than walls) as fast as you can since staying near your body will just draw you back in.
18  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Whats it like from a lucid dream to an OBE? on: October 24, 2011, 02:09:56
I've been having LDs and OOBEs for years and my experience is that both are pretty much the same so I don't think there's a difference other than the feeling of lifting out of your body. That said, for some reason lately I've been becoming lucid in regular dreams lately and then having an OBE in the dream which heightens my lucidity so that's a new experience (in contrast to having a wake induced lucid dream/OOBE).

I believe we build neural pathways so that as we have more LDs/OOBEs we automatically start to experience them without much effort -- I have them nearly every other night now. The distinction between the two isn't important, the key is focusing on staying conscious while being deeply relaxed and experimenting with new techniques to find which is the most satisfying.
19  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Asking questions for others while OOB on: October 14, 2011, 02:03:53
An acquaintance asked if I would ask a question for him while I was OOB and I thought it would be an interesting experiment since when I ask a personal question or want to go to a specific location I often don't get a satisfactory result.

So recently when I slipped out I asked to speak to my friend's guides and right away I was sucked down a tunnel, into a starry night sky and into a school setting. I asked one of the teachers if I could talk to my friend's guide and he said he could help me. The information (mostly that I received in graphic sign form) was spot on for my friend and included things I had no prior knowledge of. I tried this again for another friend and had another positive result.

I encourage experienced projectors to try the same since it makes sense that we can be more impartial filters for information for others (just as psychics claim they can't read themselves but can others).

20  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: why religious mantras work? on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:10
When I chant "Om" while OOB it helps with lucidity, enhances flying ability and heightens the overall experience. I was OOB this week and a man said to me that I would have a better experience if I chanted Om which was interesting since I had forgotten to do so. People's experiences could also be related to breathing since when we chant or sing mentally our physical breathing becomes deeper to match.
21  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / New "Google Earth" Perspective on: September 14, 2011, 17:21:17
This morning instead of flying to my destination my astral body was static and I saw a Google Earth type of wider view which focused down to a view of a city and then a building and down to an office and then I found myself in the office. I've always wondered if an aspect of me was doing the traveling or if I was just projecting my consciousness and viewing it as you would pick a television signal (similar to how remote viewers 'see'). After this experience I'm thinking this is probably how it works and the flying sensation is just the mind trying to make sense of it tuning in to another location/dimension.

What do you think?
22  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: when i close my eyes i see an eye on: August 09, 2011, 05:09:36
About 4 years ago when meditating I noticed seeing a face and sometimes just an eye or pair of eyes. Sometimes they are more symbolic and other times very detailed eyes/face. It is always there when I close my eyes in an outline form and if I look at a white wall and concentrate I see an eye or sometimes two so it doesn't matter if my eyes are open or closed. At first it was distracting/curious and now I'm quite used to it. My psychic friend said it was my guide and I was able to see it because my third eye was open but I really have no idea.
23  Psychic and Paranormal / Welcome to Psychic and Paranormal! / Re: Ouija on: August 09, 2011, 05:02:20
Wouldn't mess with it since it's an invitation for negative entities to mess with you.
24  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: How to do Merkaba on: August 06, 2011, 02:33:59
It don't know much about Merkabas but I did see a beautiful colorful spinning one during an OOBE once and it could be the most magnificent thing I've ever seen. It made me give them more credence after spontaneous coming upon one.
25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Anyone has physical pain during an OOBE? on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:14
I agree with the interpretation that if I knew I was being attacked I would 'feel' the pain but it was from behind and I didn't think I was in danger so that was the surprise element for me. Could have been a physical pain that I interpreted as a dream pain but it was sharp and sudden so not the run of the mill backache. I pretty much don't let anything freak me out and try to stay in the scene without shaking myself awake but pain is a whole other variable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7