The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 01, 2021, 16:57:24

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
101  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why is the average OBE so short for people? on: May 25, 2011, 17:37:02
I've had one 45 minutes but generally I sling shot back and forth where I'll separate up to 5x in a row. I've heard it explained that you are more likely to download the memories/experiences if you have waking periods between OOBEs where otherwise with a long continuous one you might forget some of it. This makes sense to me.

I also think at some level we feel the need to check in with our physical bodies since we're conscious of being out and at first it's a bit disturbing to think there's no one minding the store.
102  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Tried to separate, and I think it was just a dream on: May 25, 2011, 17:30:12
Stanford University's (Stephen LaBarge) lucid dreaming experiments with women show that over 50% of their lucid dreams involve something of a sexual nature and that they indeed are experiencing the full physical orgasmic benefits of their mental actions, even moreso than men.

I find less and less this happening with me now that I'm flying away from my body as soon as I lift off. I agree with Robert Monroe's conclusion that if you stay close to your body you may get sucked into a sexual escapade and while it's pleasing it's distracting you from exploring the astrals.

103  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Creating windows to change scenes on: May 25, 2011, 16:55:30
No, it didn't take that much work to create them, probably since I usually see something like this when I reach the black limbo world but decided to expedite things by creating it (and its contents) myself.

And yes, I too often see these screens during the border state while I'm half awake which is a real treat since I can remember the messages more easily in this state.

I've seen TV and movie screens (most common), scroll with calligraphy, a page with answers to my questions typed out as I asked them, a radio with subtitles, a commercial, and a telescopic view that opens to full frame. I love the variation!

I've also had luck concentrating on creating an object (like a flower or person) without a frame and having that appear in outline form and then flesh out with a scene building around it. That works well too but I like the control aspect of having the frame that I can alter until I am satisfied with the result.

104  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: cool experience/concerns - interested in hearing other peoples insights/advice on: May 25, 2011, 16:36:59
When I first had OOBEs I didn't see consistently so I would open my 'astral eyes' but sometimes that action would wake me up so I just concentrated on seeing or said "clarity now" or "vision now" and that seemed to bring on sight. Now I see automatically without effort however sometimes I skip the 'see the room' phase and go directly to the black limbo world so I just have to wait a little while till things appear.

For whatever it's worth, when I lift off I immediately fly through my window which takes me to the intermediary black stage since I don't like staying  close to my body (I tend to get sucked back in or run into lower astrals). Time is of the essence when you're out of body so I like to get to the good stuff as soon as possible.
105  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: New requirement for projection on: May 25, 2011, 03:28:55
Sleeping on my back works much better for me so you might try that.

No need to be embarrassed as most OOBErs will cop to the fact that phasing causes strong sexual urges that are much more prevalent than in our waking state, especially at first. Just the other night I popped out of body and a very lovely naked man walked over my sleeping husband and I was tempted to have some fun. Monroe thought is was a negative and distracting urge to be avoided but I think it's just part of raising your vibration and surpressed urges become less so.
106  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How do you get to sleep at night? on: May 25, 2011, 03:09:42
Esther Hicks recommends entering sleep in a higher vibrational state and the easiest way to do this is think of things you're grateful for - it shifts your energy very quickly.

When you can't get your mind to shut up is think of a positive word starting with "A" and go through the alphabet. By actively searching for a positive word it shifts your mindset and I'm usually happily zonked about before I get to Z.

Lastly, taking a deep breath for 3 counts in and out for 5 counts relaxes you physically which is often part of the problem.
107  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Retrievals - Aspects of Self - Werewolf & Deformed Man on: May 25, 2011, 03:00:54
The part I relate to is incorporating the supposed negative aspects of self.

I've often felt a black masculine presence glued to my back or hanging onto my ankle when I fly and I always try to shake him loose. However, the other day when I told him to buzz off, he pointed his finger to me and whispered "I'm you" and then I realized he was probably my shadow or animus. In fact, in that moment he felt like a friendly loving presence so I decided whenever I sense him to realize it's nothing to avoid and have since done research on incorporating shadow aspects of yourself (good new book by Deepak Chopra and Marianne Williamson on the subject).

Regarding retrievals in general, I've read all of Monroe's books but believe lower astrals are thought forms and that we shouldn't waste our time seeking them out unless brought face to face with one and feel we can do some good in giving them guidance. Otherwise I believe other astrals are in a better position to do this work if it's needed.
108  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: cool experience/concerns - interested in hearing other peoples insights/advice on: May 25, 2011, 00:52:43
Don't worry about the falling sensation - that is what I have nearly every time I have a wake induced lucid dream if I don't try to have an OOBE by lifting out.

I sometimes see a faint outline of my hand but the fingers tends to melt so it's not unusual to see unformed bits.

If you don't see anything but black/dark gray when you separate that's normal at first, if you say "vision now" that tends to help.

I always feel great after an OOBE, like I've just awoken from a really deep sleep, so your body will get used to it if you're feeling discomfort now. It's like training for a sport, your senses and body adapt over time.

109  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: New requirement for projection on: May 24, 2011, 23:10:56
Yes, to clarify, I spontaneously started having OOBEs about 20 years ago when I was lying on my back in the early mornings and felt my feet and legs raising up in the air. It took me months to figure out how to completely roll out by just twisting my shoulders to the side. I didn't know there were books on the subject or it would have saved me so much time!

My feet and hands tend to be the first to lift off so by just putting your hands on your torso while lying on your back, when you feel like you're about to go back to sleep in the early morning, just focus your eyes forward in relaxed concentration, then lift your hands just a little bit so you feel resistance against the sheet. When you no longer feel the sheet with your hands you know your astral hands have separated from the physical and you can then safely sit up and fly out (similar action as doing a sit-up in the gym using your hands to propel you forward). I haven't heard anyone mentioning this method before but it works almost as well as the rope technique.

110  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Any tips for keeping awareness when entering deep relaxation( sleep) on: May 24, 2011, 21:50:46
After having at least 5-7 hours of sleep, I focus my vision and 'awareness' at the third eye area and just hold it there looking at one point. This gives your mind something to focus on while keeping you in a relaxed state. The hard part is not getting too excited which I still do sometimes even though I've been doing this for over 20 years.

The other tool I just mentioned in another thread is the Rope Climbing technique which works 90% of the time for me. I have no idea why this works so well but I think it gives your mind something to do.
111  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: New requirement for projection on: May 24, 2011, 21:42:21
I too read "Astral Dynamics" and thought it was great but didn't do any of the energy work.

What worked for me the first time I tried it is his "Rope Climbing" technique. I had had OOBEs with the standard 'rolling out' movement before but was shocked how fast and easy the Rope Technique worked when I was in the right state (which is late morning after I've already have 7 hours sleep). It works 90% of the time for me within just 5-10 seconds so I have them nearly every morning now which is great fun.

Another variation on this is keeping your hands under your sheet and just gently putting resistance against the sheet and when you no longer feel resistance you know your astral hands have broken free and then I'm ready to sit up.

I would also recommend the Robert Monroe books and all the great resources on this forum.
112  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: The change between lucid dream and and OBE. on: May 24, 2011, 17:24:35
This is a hotly contested subject but after having hundreds of OOBEs and wake-induced lucid dreams, my opinion is that they are the same although you feel separation from the body when you have an OOBE and sometimes see your or a room where with WILDs you skip this step. (Perhaps with an OOBE your consciousness is making sense of you thinking you just lifted out of your body by creating a room although in the last few years I've skipped seeing a room at all and just start flying in the 3D black limbo world after lift-off).

Otherwise they are very similar. In both I fly, use windows as portals to other levels/scenes, and through concentration and raising my vibration stay as lucid as I can for as long as I can to heighten my experience/levels.

113  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Creating windows to change scenes on: May 24, 2011, 17:04:43
After an OOBE this morning and flying around in limbo world I decided to take some initiative and create a window instead of waiting for one to appear or end up somewhere random.

After concentrating on visualizing a window I was happy when I an elaborate frame appeared. Then after visualizing who I wanted to see inside it and was satisfied with the result, I flew in and had my experience. After awhile within that scene I decided to create another window and the same frame came up and again I concentrated until I got what I wanted and flew in again.

The advantage of this technique is that I'm more lucid in the transitional limbo world so I'm more consciously choosing my scenario before being caught up in the action.
114  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / How long can you stay lucid? on: May 24, 2011, 00:20:20
I read "One Taste: The Journals of Ken Wilber" and he claims after years of meditating to be able to stay lucid/conscious nearly all night during his sleep  and that many Tibetan monks are able to do the same.

In all my years of lucid dreaming/OOBEs I've probably not achieved more than 90 minutes during one night (and am not sure I'd want to since being unconscious has it's benefits).

What do you think?
115  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: Reasons who OBE's should not be feared on: May 24, 2011, 00:06:52
"Astral Dynamics" is my favorite resource and I agree with his interpretations since I've experienced much of the same. His advice to raise your vibration by singing has worked wonders for me (also just sending the negative entity love or even start laughing at him, whatever raises your vibration).

If it ever gets too hairy, I just shake myself awake, but I try not to do this since I like to deal with whatever I find without losing my cool.
116  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics! / Re: My New Blog - Unlimited Boundaries on: May 23, 2011, 23:54:46
Thanks for sharing this.

I agree there's no karma and my favorite Law of Attraction teacher, Abraham/Esther Hicks does too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZntzRCvyd6Q&feature=related

117  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Strange presence in my room last night on: May 23, 2011, 23:39:15
If I don't consciously lift out then I sink and it feels like the bed/pillow has dropped out from under me so I think that is the compression you felt.

The voices/sounds/vibrations totally stopped for me after the first year or two of projecting so I bet they will for you too. In the meantime, have fun and marvel at what your brain comes up with.
118  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Seeing Guides on: May 23, 2011, 23:32:52
Yes, I've had the same 30-something looking woman appear several times when I'm in F3 who says that she's "Anna" (which a psychic friend said was one of my guides). She usually has good advice so could be a legitimate.

However, 99% of the time when I ask to speak to a guide nothing happens or I end up speaking to a blithering idiot/one-dimensional dream character. So I've concluded I only GET a guide when I NEED one (like if I'm distressed about something or need to change course).

A few weeks ago I had a rare negative encounter with a being that kinda freaked me out and just as I came awake I clearly heard her say "anytime you feel under attack ask for Charlie (my other guide) for help and he will join his energy with yours." Interesting advice and even more interesting was that I was awake when I heard it. First time that's happened.

My conclusion in the lack of guides showing up when requested is that I'm a big girl and supposed to figure it out on my own rather than have someone tell me what to do. Either that or my vibration isn't high enough to clearly communicate with them.

119  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: How can someone open their third eye at will (safely)? on: May 22, 2011, 17:37:20
It just happened (or I started to notice) about a month after my psychic friend advised me not to be fearful of what I would see and that if it was too distracting I could always choose to 'close' it.

She gave me the exercise of imagining my third eye as a camera aperture opening (and that you can close it the same way if you want). Another good exercise is to place your palms a few inches apart facing each other and see if you can see the band of energy or sparks between your palms or the auras around your fingers. This didn't used to work for me so don't give up if at first you don't see anything.
120  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: may 21 6 pm the worlds is going to end on: May 21, 2011, 20:07:11
Getting on a plane in a couple hours so hopefully I won't run into any rapturees on their way up.

If only the media would stop covering these nut jobs (including the Koran burner, Donald Trump, Lindsay Lohan and just about any Republican these days) we might collectively have something more substantive to focus on.

121  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Scary experience! on: May 21, 2011, 17:14:48
I keyed on what your grandmother said about "being resurrected" which is a lovely thought. We're constantly evolving and perhaps this is referencing a new stage of spiritual development/knowing for you.

The girlfriend reference and your anxiety about it perhaps is a clue that you need to chill out about finding 'the one' and instead find that 'one' within yourself which in my experience will naturally lead to a fantastic relationship(s).

And lastly, by overcoming your fear of death and realizing we're eternal (or if you don't believe that, realizing fearing death won't stop it so you might as well enjoy the time you have), your dying dreams will stop - at least mine have.

That's just my initial hit so feel free to disregard if it doesn't resonate. I'm always trying to find the silver lining since I believe our dreams are only trying to wake us up to issues/belief systems we need to work on and 'scary' imagery is just used to get our attention.

122  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Another new type of expereince from 05/17/11 on: May 21, 2011, 02:37:59
I've had exceptionally vivid, long-lasting OOBEs in the F3 realm when I chant "Om Shakti Shakti Om" (and sometimes I get other voices and instruments accompanying me). I find this works better than just Om.

There's something about these ancient sounds that definitely has some mojo about them. I've been experimenting with everything from Dead Can Dance songs to Radiohead to see what works.

I was told in a recent OOBE to chant "Om Mani Padme Hum" (the Tibetan Buddhist chant) so that's next on the hit parade.
123  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: lucid pictures? like a television (not a dream) on: May 21, 2011, 02:29:39
I've had movie screens, television sets, radio with subtitles, slide shows, telescopic vision becoming full screen, small international symbols starting small and becoming larger as they rush towards me; a commercial (my background is a commercial producer), and my favorite -- an old-fashioned parchment scroll unfurling with calligraphy and illustrations that become animated. Some of the most valuable messages I've had have come from this state because I don't feel I'm dreaming but that they are messages from my higher self/guides.
124  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Xanth's Phasing Primer on: May 21, 2011, 02:24:18
I tried it lately quite a few times (Mental Rundown - a thing I had done before anyway, but only during the onset of vibes in hypnopomp state) and still keep trying.

Question: When deeper in trance but still "in the dark" I get a sudden strong falling sensation which then 'startles' me and makes me snap back into C1, more or less.

I guess this is not what the smooth transition is expected to be when doing Phasing? Is it just a 'switch' over to the chosen place / reality in Phasing? Or what does the 'transition' point 'feel' like? Can there be any energetic - or especially 'falling' sensations - involved?

FYI, when I decide to just let a wake induced lucid dream happen without going to the trouble of lifting out for an OOBE, I get the falling sensation every time so I consider it the same thing (up, down, doesn't matter).  This morning I had one where I felt I was falling for a very long time which was new for me, but I ended up in a great place so will try this again since it removes a step and sometimes I'm lazy.
125  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: Want a nightmare? on: May 19, 2011, 23:54:35
Since I was a kid the ONLY time I have nightmares is while sleeping on my back. Unfortunately this is also the only position (for the most part) that I can have an OOBE or LD.  Would love a scientific explanation of this.

Happily I rarely have nightmares now and am willing to take my chances because OOBEs are so thrilling that it's worth the occasional scare.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7