The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 01, 2021, 17:35:09

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
51  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: How do you get to sleep at night? on: June 20, 2011, 17:16:09
I used to have chronic back problems until I did a combination of all of the following: deep tissue massages 2x/month, yoga 5x week, 4 mile walk daily, memory foam mattress (not just a topper), sleep with pillow under or between my knees and occasional chiropractor visits. Now I'm pretty much pain free. Don't despair, it took me 20 years to figure this out!
52  Metaphysics / Welcome to Metaphysics! / Re: Strange 'air-dots' on: June 20, 2011, 00:29:55
Similar experiences for me started about 10 years ago after I started meditating more regularly and has continued ever sense. Lying in bed at night I see darting lights, some forming to create spinning balls and sometimes holographic faces, animal totems, cartoon figures and once a full body apparition that disappeared from the top down like sand dropping (very cool effect even though it gave me pause to see a man standing by the side of my bed). I can see them with my eyes closed or open and have had my eyes checked too so I think we're just seeing/sensing beyond the normal range.
53  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Truth to OBE Success on: June 18, 2011, 01:31:57
I entirely agree with you. I don't come close to having an OOBE unless I'm thoroughly rested with at least 5, preferably 7 hours of sleep, and have never had one after a nap.

Also, for some reason, I can go weeks without having one and then have them 5 mornings in a row. I don't know what triggers these episodes but have learned to no longer try to exit unless I recognize the subtle signs that I'm ready to have one. Otherwise it's not worth the time, effort and frustration. I'd rather just look at them as little gifts and appreciate them when they happen.
54  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Stuck on Exit on: June 17, 2011, 02:39:07
The rope technique nearly always works for me but others that also work are:

. gently lifting my hands under a sheet until I don't feel resistance and then using my astral arms to lift me out (like doing a sit-up using your arms to give you momentum)

. twisting your shoulders as if you're going to roll over from your back to your side - I tend to twirl out using this little movement

. lift your astral hand (hands and feet are the first to go) and ask your guide (or whomever is there) to lift you out - most of the time I immediately get 'a hand' lifting me out

. don't even try to lift out and just stay focused/conscious as your body goes to sleep and you'll find yourself sink - you'll experience a wake-induced lucid dream which in my experience is the same thing and you've just skipped the 'room' Mode 1 phase

You're really close so just enjoy and it'll happen.

55  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: The Ear Ringing Phenomena on: June 16, 2011, 21:02:35
The noises and the vibrations are often considered side effects of raising your vibration/energy body and it's how the body translates the heightened energy at first. Esther Hicks and other teachers talk about how when you are more consistently in that higher state that the sensations will stop and this is what happened to me after a year or two (though occasionally I still feel the vibrations or hear hissing while exiting).

As a sidenote, my brother used to hear conversations when going to sleep or waking up. He used to think it was a neighbor's radio but when he used earplugs noticed it was coming from inside his head. And a few months ago I heard Indian trance music after coming out of a meditation that lasted for 10 minutes and after looking for its source determined it too was coming from inside my head.

Know you're not alone and not going crazy and it's likely just an indicator of raising your energy and will go away on its own.
56  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: Merkaba meditation on: June 16, 2011, 19:52:02
I'll look into Merkaba meditation because a few weeks ago I had an OOBE where I saw a huge merkaba/mandala that was rotating and it could be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It looked something like this but was animated:

http://surferess.tumblr.com/post/3859439118/sunmoon-merkaba-mandala-by-artissima-on
57  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Consciousness! / Re: where should I hold my gaze during noticing? on: June 16, 2011, 19:43:32
I'll be the lone dissenter here and state that focusing your eyes slightly up and center and out a few inches helps me stay in the 'mind awake' stage than if I don't focus at all (where I can easily slip into unconsciousness). The trick is to not strain your eyes while doing so.  There's something about the additional concentration that helps.
58  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: question about energy work on: June 16, 2011, 19:26:28
I agree Stookie that there is a physical component because your body will get in the way of total relaxation if you're in discomfort. I think this is why yoga is tied to spiritual development because it frees the mind from the distraction of the body being in pain/discomfort/misalignment. I'm also a big proponent of regular massages (and memory foam beds) for this reason.

59  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Re: question about energy work on: June 15, 2011, 19:51:47
Although I love this books, I thought his energy work was unnecessary (at least it was for me). That said, I was already physically and mentally in good shape and had been meditating, doing yoga and eating and sleeping well before I started having OOBEs so it depends on where you are.

Anything that moves you into a higher vibrational state and increases mental focus and decreases negative emotion (namely fear) will help you achieve these states naturally and with little effort.

60  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: June 15, 2011, 19:35:45
Hmmm...spaceship and other beings...I think the Phase also allows us to enter other realities made of different matter. You might have gone to an alternate reality made of dark or antimatter - can you imagine this!!! These theories are found in Robert Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body and Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule. In the latter, you'll find reports of people who made contact with beings in other worlds and spaceships. I wonder how the "alternate humans" you encountered saw you...hmmm...

I've read all of Monroe and will check out Strassman. And yes, it occurred to me that what I observed as '50s humans in a classic flying saucer was just my translation of alien life in a form I could relate to without feeling fear. They looked surprised to see me and asked that I leave since "I was not of their dimension" so I hightailed it out of there. Perhaps I'll stick around next time and ask them more if I can reach that level again (I'm showing up in more and more interesting places now that I'm consciously raising my emotional state in the 'traveling tube' stage).
61  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: June 13, 2011, 20:42:57
Cool! Do you reckon these fairy-tale worlds are collective BSTs? I really felt like it wasn't mine. If Frank Kepple's model is correct, these worlds could have their existence in Focus 3 oC, possibly "up the tree" near Focus 4 - who knows. Maybe there are many "summerlands".

I realized right away this 'fairytale' world (in fact, I think I saw fairies) wasn't the average F3 location but I have no idea where it ranks on the scale. It was definitely surreal yet hyper-real (very technicolor and high-definition). Of note is that I wasn't able to enter this world, just observe it from a distance.

I haven't experienced anything like it again but hope to by raising my vibration while in the 'rushing through the black tube' phase. When I sing, chant, feel PUL in this stage I almost always end up at a lovely F3 location (although this morning I ended up on a spaceship full of humans that looked like they were from the 1950s and told me I had to leave - very odd).
62  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Post Your "Law of Attraction" Techniques on: June 13, 2011, 20:29:56
Can you guys recommend what the best book(s) are on LofA??

List: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/search/?keywords=law%20of%20attraction&pageSize=12

Anything by Esther Hicks, especially the more recent books. Also, she has thousands of youtube.com workshop clips you can access for free.

And to Personal Reality, all Esther talks about is emotions so don't dismiss LOA until you've read/listened to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j9ZIcdRcS4
63  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Re: LDs are not OBEs on: June 13, 2011, 17:40:07
The psychologist/researcher in question (and some of the other commenters) aren't taking into account wake-induced lucid dreams (WILDs) which are what most skilled lucid dreamers have. Be wary of people who haven't experienced these DIRECTLY since they often have no idea what they are talking about.

I can tell you from having 20 years of OOBEs and WILDs, usually every night, that they are the same except you don't have the 'see the room' phase with a WILD and may feel yourself drop rather than raise up. There is no difference in lucidity, longevity, flying ability, and experience of levels described by Monroe.

With time, the 'normal' experience of an OOBE will even change where you skip the Mode 1 "see the room" phase if you immediately at lift off fly away and find yourself in the 3D black world where all the good stuff begins (which is where I start with a WILD). This is automatic now so I don't get sucked back into my body and I avoid the unsavory characters I often run into in Mode 1.

Do yourself a favor and realize you can reach these states in many ways, the WILD being a little easier/faster for me personally but fun to throw in an OOBE for variety.

64  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Summerland Revisited on: June 13, 2011, 00:45:11
I had a fairytale-like experience like yours once and I'll always remember it too.

FYI there's a charming town named Summerland next door to the what I think is the most beautiful place in the world (Santa Barbara, California). It was named by the Spiritualist community that settled there at the turn of the century. It's aptly named since it's a magical area.
65  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Other methods of dissociating body from self? on: June 12, 2011, 01:03:20
I was kidding about the vodka - I just mentioned it because an earlier poster did, however drinking a moderate amount of alcohol doesn't hurt to relax the body and mind.
66  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Pulled out of body on: June 12, 2011, 01:01:16
I've had hundreds of OOBEs and mine are very similar to yours. If I raise my hand and ask to be pulled out I often feel a hand pulling me out (though I rarely do this since I prefer the rope climbing technique).

When I'm out, I also ask to go places but rarely go where I ask to go - instead I feel myself zooming off (like I'm flying through the air but I'm not making an effort) and am in a dark gray/black space/tube and then come to a sudden stop and am at my destination.  (I don't feel any discomfort so yours may stop with practice.)

When I feel like someone is taking me (they take my hand or shoulder), these tend to be the best destinations and then I find myself being able to revisit them again by myself. My favorite is the outer space scene you describe (although the first time I was concerned about getting back to my body). Speaking of getting back to your body, I never have any trouble, I just shake myself physical self awake.

The large structure and meadow might be an F3 destination, especially if it was very vivid and stable. (Sometimes I have the space experience before an F3 location.)

Nice to hear how similar our collective experience is.

67  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Basic OBE Strategy on: June 11, 2011, 17:55:13
The rope climbing technique works like magic for me. Another is to lift my hand slightly under my sheet and wait until I don't feel any resistance (which means my astral hand has broken free). I also fly away from my body immediately after or I get sucked back in.

The voices/sounds will go away with time so just have fun with them realizing that everyone experiences them. I used to talk back to them to 'bug off' and that actually shuts them up.
68  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: New Path on: June 11, 2011, 17:44:31
My theory is that our unconscious/higher self lets us experience what we can handle when we can handle it. For instance, after I started meditating I had lucid dreams where I worked out a lot of my fears. A few years later I started having OOBEs where at first I had all the sounds, intruders, vibrations like everyone else but those 'negative' experiences completely went away with practice. Then a decade later my third eye opened so I could see energy and spirits while awake (which would be disconcerting to anyone that hadn't done the earlier 'working out their fears' work). Now I'm 50 and my OOBEs/LDs have increased to where I have them nearly every night and they are 95% of the joyful variety.

So I agree that there is a natural progression and people in their 20s might not be ready to experience the full monty unless they've done the work (which is entirely possible, just not typical). When people take psychedelics and rush the process, I think that's when they may get in trouble since they're overriding the natural unfolding process.
69  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Other methods of dissociating body from self? on: June 11, 2011, 17:32:06
Helps to try after you've had a long night's sleep when you're body is naturally relaxed and your mind isn't as tired. Also focusing your eyes in the blackness keeps your mind awake enough so you don't fall asleep. I also really concentrate on holding my mind blank since getting excited at this stage screws everything up (oh yes, and the vodka mentioned earlier doesn't hurt).
70  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Why is the average OBE so short for people? on: June 11, 2011, 17:26:44
If you can get to 20-30 minutes, that's pretty impressive in itself (I've gone 45 minutes but that's rare).

This morning I was lying on my side and exited 3x in a row but I felt like I wasn't getting enough air and I heard a voice say "breathe!" so I breathed deeper but still woke up too soon so I turned to lie on my back (my usual position) where I exited and had a much longer OOBE. This has prompted me to believe that people may have more luck on their back because they're able to breathe more deeply/generate more energy to stay out.
71  Spiritual Evolution / Welcome to Spiritual Evolution! / Re: Post Your "Law of Attraction" Techniques on: June 07, 2011, 16:35:20
You're definitely on the right track with your list. The only thing you don't need to do (according to Esther Hicks, the best LOA teacher out there) is to keep focused on what you want since your not having it will could throw you out of the Vortex/Zone of creation. So be satisfied with where you are/what you have (that's the gratitude part) and it will more easily come into your experience.

If focusing on your desire doesn't make you feel negative by not having it, then that's OK. For instance, I wanted a second home in California so I looked online for years for the perfect place. It didn't make me feel bad that I didn't have it because it was a 'nice to have' object. When I found it and knew it was the one, everything lined up for me to easily get it (my friends with a plane flew me there that weekend to see it, my husband loved it too, my realtor jumped through all sorts of hoops to get our offer accepted before another).

In a nutshell, everything I've ever wanted has materialized since I learned to chill out/lighten up/get happy/live in the present.
72  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Etheric/RTZ plane on: June 07, 2011, 00:44:26
Not in my book- The RTZ is exactly what it claims to be. A Real Time Zone. Everything here is exactly the same as in our physical dimension. The vibrating rate is just slightly higher than the rate in which we find ourselves now. When projecting here one doesn't find themselves to have any sort of body. They are simply a point- an observer. The problem is, most people never find themselves in this strange area which copies our dimension and project directly into a zone with a vibratory rate slightly higher than the RTZ, where they may manifest some sort of body, or vehicle, to move with.

I don't know... I've had hundreds of OOBEs and never once has the RTZ been 100% accurate to my waking reality - 90% maybe but not 100%.
73  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: First Retrieval? The Waiting Room on: June 07, 2011, 00:32:02
Very cool Jilt,
quick question: When you were speaking with the counselor did you find there to be any telepathic thought communication between the two of you?

In nearly all my encounters I tend to remember us speaking as we would normally in the physical so no, it wasn't telepathic. However, also like in the physical, the 'counselor's' body language and general loving vibe was something I picked up intuitively.

Also of interest is that this is not a typical experience. In 'normal' everyday dreams, dream characters are usually two-dimensional and not very bright, positive or consistent. In contrast, OOBE/LD characters tend to be are hyper-real, don't shape-shift and have a depth of personality.
74  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Non-Physical Color Spectrum on: June 06, 2011, 17:25:00
No, but I've experienced saturated colors that aren't in the physical (think technicolor "Wizard of Oz" or "What Dreams May Come"). Also balls of bluish white light where you can see the entire color spectrum within them (like a refracting diamond).
75  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / First Retrieval? The Waiting Room on: June 06, 2011, 17:19:33
As often happens when sleeping at a new place, I run into new characters. While in a hotel room and lying on my back I had a vivid experience of someone clawing at my chest. I awoke and went into an OBE and there was a threatening man by the bed wearing construction gear and a woman cowering in the chair opposite. I asked what he was doing and he said he had died at a construction site nearby and murdered this woman but seemed sorry for it. I asked them if they had looked for the light but they were too ashamed or afraid to go, so I offered to take them so the man grabbed my ankle as I flew off and I took the woman by the arm. We zoomed up for awhile until the man slipped off (Robert Monroe talks of how souls automatically slip away at their designated ‘level’) and then I reached what looked like a fancy hospital waiting room. I took the woman to the counter and they gave us a form and I noticed one of the lines said “recommended reading material: The Book of Mormon” which I thought was odd but made me think we must have ended up in one of the F3 belief system areas and this is where she belonged at this time.

I then found myself with a counselor who was very warm and friendly and she said she would take of the woman. I asked her about the chest clawing experience and she said that being was trying to take some of my energy and that was how I translated it. I’ve been lukewarm on the idea of retrievals but perhaps there is something to it afterall, plus why not do something productive while you sleep?

Any similar experiences/thoughts? In particular, I'm curious if you've experienced anything like a waiting room.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7