The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. February 25, 2020, 08:06:45

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A troubled practitioner on: December 31, 2002, 21:25:18
BRIEF BACKGROUND:
Haven't been here in a while... so hello again.  Ever since my first (and only) LD and OBE, I unfortunately slacked off a great deal.  My only ability that I retain from this all is extremely profound dream recall.  (I may take up fulltime LD practice in the mere future due to success in the dream-worlds.)

WHAT HAS THORNED MY PRACTICE:
My trouble resides in bodily positions.  Back or belly is the major issue with me.  If I am exhausted, then sleep on my back is attainable, otherwise it is a task.  It is simple enough for me to sleep on my stomach, and yet, I seem to lose all awareness of surroundings, and it feels like my focus is being absorbed into the pillow and held captive.

The other issue deals with hands/arms.  Folded on chest or at the side? (When on back.)

TYPICAL ATTEMPT (these were performed practically every night up until mid. September):
Now I am troubled because practice is very... displeasing... when comfort is at stake because I feel way too aware.  And though I have those exciting moments (reproductable) where my awareness is spaced out; they are only temporary.  Soon consciousness is limited merely to the confines of my immediate environment and I can't get anywhere close to sleep while remaining on my back.

FEEDBACK?:
Now if anyone can chime in with their personal experience in this area (their positions, what they find works/fails, what they know to be "proper" for attaining maximum proficiency, etc.) I would be most grateful.

2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / My 1st OBE!!! on: September 11, 2002, 05:52:33
Here it is folks, the result of a simple nightly routine (after 5 months), and a dedicated task of dream documenting (2 months), hhas paid off.  And I feel I got a bargain.

**Tuesday, September 10th, 2002**
   My first Out of Body Experience.  220am, the morning of Wednesday, September 11th.
   It started out as a dream.  I can't describe in detail what I was thinking during parts of this dream, because truthfully, when I had regained my consciousness, all I could think about was the end prize.  But I have the key parts possibly embedded in my brain now.
   It started out, I recall, with with a dream of formulating a few lines of a poem.  I awoke, 1:42am. * Well, I lay back down.  The real dream kicks in.  I'm on the bus to school, hands over seat, really relaxed, just thinking about getting out-of-body.  I mumble a few words to a girl in front of me.  Eventually, I'm in class at school.  Spanish class, but it felt like first period (R.F.: It's actually 11th, but, the teacher was the same.)  I'm now drifting between consciousnesses(?)  Very confusing things.  I'm like half caring about class, I'm in the front row, and she tells me I have detention because I'm sleeping.  I smile... still making my attempts, getting comfortable.  This goes on for what seems like a full period, until I "wake up".
   False awakening.  I get out of bed, looks like 5:10am.  Earlier than usual, but I had things to do.  So, I debate quickly, turn alarm off or not?  Will I be coming back?  No I decided, and turned it off.  A button that said snooze remained on.  This was not normal, and I've had this clock for, oh 5 years.  Well, it was soon after this, when it had occured to me: Maybe I'm dreaming?  After that thought, I could sense no dream environs, but a blackness.  Not a void.  With the idea of body.  No direct physical sensations, however.  I attempt to sit up.  A mind disorientation takes place, and my thoughts are shooting every which way.  I start swirling through stars (up, down, I had no idea)  I then try to speak, which was very difficult.  And all I heard was a mumble which kind of frightened me.
   Next thing I know, I am within the confines of my physical body.  I attempt to wake up.  All this confusion and time spent not trying to fall asleep.  I just wanted to wake up and type this up.  I wasn't conscious enough to decide if my physical body was paralyzed, or if I was just in a deep relaxed state.  It took some mental effort, and after a few drifting episodes, I can roll out of my bed.
   I am so excited... With my first episode of lucidity just this last Friday, and now my first OBE.  Now begins my quest.

3  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / LD and OBE reports are just beginning for me. on: September 07, 2002, 01:33:11
 huh

cheesy

grin

cool
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Black Magic effecting Afterlife? on: August 27, 2002, 19:33:28
I'm not sure if this appropriate to be discussed here, but I know nowhere else to go to.

Black magic has always interested me, but fear of going to a hell has always been holding me back from practicing it.  That's what most of us had at one time been told.  I've been told nothing different as of yet.  So, what I'm asking is, will the practice of black magic effect our afterlife?

5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / The Monroe Institution on: August 26, 2002, 04:53:53
Has anyone taken any classes at the Monroe Institution (Virginia)?  If so, how was it?

(I might be interested in taking the Gateway Voyage Program).

6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / vertigo side-affect of practice? on: August 20, 2002, 15:28:40
From 5 times a week to 5 times times a day, when I stand up I will get a very heavy dizziness.  It feels as if an airplane is making a descending turn (if you can relate) accompanied by blurred vision.  Duration: up to 20 seconds.

This could be related to something else in my life other than obe prac., but I figured I'd ask the board.

7  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / a Christian view of Meditation on: July 29, 2002, 21:55:29
A few Christian's gave this following definition for meditation: retreating within yourself.

Also, he denied the fact that OBE's had any relation with the Bible.

Now, I wouldn't mind finding a religion.  Christianity or Catholicism were the only options for me for most of my childhood.  I'm still young, but I don't know if I will ever undertake a belief system (it may hinder spiritual development?).  So, I am posting this for some comments on this Christian comment.

8  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / tonights the night on: July 29, 2002, 01:56:26
I WILL project!

9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Robert's Radio Show on: July 28, 2002, 01:02:34
I am having trouble gaining access to it through www.unknowncountry.com

Where do I click?

10  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / Very complicated Dream on: July 27, 2002, 19:40:36
Throughout my first 2 weeks in dream documenting, I have seen extreme improvement.  Among this improvement, is dream recall, and reality fluctuation correction.  This dream was lucid at some points.  I was consciously aware of my tingly body, and the environment in which my dream body was.  So lucid this was, but it was so deep as well, that it feels like more than a dream.

With this dream journal, I have tried to avoid extensive detail.  If I had added the extensive detail, I could write a few pages on this dream.  Instead, I had briefed it into a 1 page deal.

I don't feel like revising it, for I had woken up about 40 minutes ago, and I'm not in the mood to revise my frantic typing. Haha.  I will post it below.

11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Putting Knowledge into Practice on: July 22, 2002, 00:57:14
Hey everyone,

I have recently read through Part 2 (NEW) and Part 3 (Core Skills) of Astral Dynamics.  WOW, a lot to consider and take into practice.  I would not consider myself a beginner; intermediate fits well at this stage, so I am at a slight advantage.

I have devoted this night to deciding how to take all this information and put it into organized practice.

How many of you have done anything similar to this?

12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / OBE in 30 days or less! on: July 15, 2002, 15:51:29
Question:  Why do soooo many OBE books claim you can project in 30 days?  That just doesn't seem to be the case most of the time.  

Are they just trying to attract our Western culture to them, seeing how we are usually impatient with things?

13  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / musical assistance for projection? on: July 12, 2002, 22:41:05
i do listen to 1 particular CD as i do my visualizations.  it helps me enter trance states more often than not.  Kitaro - Ancient is the artist - album title

does anyone else listen to music for similar purposes? if so, what kinds?

14  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Visualization on: July 11, 2002, 15:51:31
I read a book that dealt with rather limited visualization recomendations.  I received vivid dreams visualizing a loved one... however, things happened and I dont like visualizing about her anymore.  After that, I was all around doing usually different things each night.  This has gone on for about 2 months, and I dont think it is getting me anywhere.

Lately I visualize myself behind my drum kit playing.  I open up all 5 senses and take significant note of each.  I am not sure if visualization technique is specific or not, so these 2 questions are directed to those who know much more than I:

1) Can visualization of everchanging places, events, things, etc, be a practical way of acheiving the out-of-body state? (Let's assume I have no natural ability to experience OBE's.)
2) Is a visualization of myself drumming (something I have dedicated my life to, and will continue to do so) a practical method?

~Matt

15  Energy Body and The Chakras / Welcome to Energy Body and The Chakras / Ki ball pictures on: January 07, 2003, 19:29:35
It is very likely that a practitioner who claims to be self-taught, is truthfully mistaken in his accomplishments.

I advise you make sure you do not deceive yourself.

16  Integral Philosophy / Welcome to Integral Philosophy! / The Belief in God on: January 07, 2003, 19:05:24
As far as the belief in God goes, I have recently had a thought.

When we die, it is widely accepted that there is no time or space.  This is extremely difficult to envision, isn't it?

Throughout our lives, we are so overwhelmly concerned with the source.  Our source (humanities) is a complicated issue, obviously, and may not be discovered until after death.  Hard to imagine a tree without the source of the seed.  Impossible to imagine the source of a child without the mother.  And as far as our dimension is concerned, it is impossible to physically experience the past or future first-hand.

Can you see what I'm getting at?  We just may not be able to conceive the notion of no-source.  For me, I don't like the possibility, but it had crossed my mind recently and I felt like getting it out here.

I am indifferent in my belief in God.

Any thoughts?

17  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What follows "silver member"? on: January 07, 2003, 18:56:23
I think "Elite Member" sums up a persons thousandth post.

18  Dreams / Welcome to Dreams! / False reality tests on: January 04, 2003, 04:42:56
Personally, I forget during the day to keep doing those reality checks used for LD's.  Instead, I used a affirmation that related to "realizing I am dreaming" and repeated it only before I went to sleep and went into sleep (in bed, eyes closed; didn't repeat it during the day etc.).  It worked the first time I tried it.

19  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What follows "silver member"? on: January 04, 2003, 04:37:30
How about "Guest"

20  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / A troubled practitioner on: January 04, 2003, 04:32:55
Thank you Tom and Terrance for your replies.

What I mean by not getting close to sleep is when my mind is too aware of my body after time (back position isn't so bad to begin with; but 30 minutes or so into laying down...) and it is difficult to focus when I am physically uncomfortable.

Rare nights it is the case that I've raised energy to the point that even though I may have been lethargic coming into bed, I will be struggling to let go and fall asleep.

I hope those two circumstances address your inquiry, Tom.

Terrance: The seperation you speak of, at the end of your reply, is a uniqe way to think of it.  Because, typically, the mind can't focus on exploration when the body screams for comfort.  Is what you are saying to do is seperate them by ignoring physical demands and giving in to the nonphysical ones?  Because, I will give that a go.

Thank you.

21  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / What follows "silver member"? on: December 31, 2002, 21:01:59
does the title received at 1000 posts need to be a designated title?  could it be anything a person feels describes themselves?

i don't see why we need to create three titles to choose from, let alone just one.

22  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Melatonin, DMT, and the pineal gland on: October 08, 2002, 02:12:46
DMT: The Spirit Molecule

I've read part of this book in the book store.  DMT seems like a wonderful substance.  Who the hell could sell this stuff though?  It is present in all living things.  Plants, animals, trees, etc.  Any information on how to extract? Wink

23  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / 17 Years of OBE Attempts -- Looking for Assistance on: October 06, 2002, 19:00:54
Major Tom,

You say just roll out.  Well, when should one make that roll?

I can't seem to get my consciousness out of this body.  I enter deep trances quite effortlessly, but when I make the attempt to lift an astral limb, the physical limb goes up and it kills everything.

When will I know I have seperated?

24  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Imagery, Projections, and Interrupted Sleep!!! on: October 05, 2002, 15:47:55
Last night I tried doing snow angels with my astral body.  It actually felt like I was moving... quite fascinating.  This past week however has been sadly uneventful.

Last Sunday I had my most amazing sensation.  I haven't had the time to post it until now.  I was read for sleep, and I remained aware for probably around 30 minutes, and then I tried out that rope technique.  I had the craziest sensation of my body so warm and cozy just expanding further and further, the warmth was like a large ball in the middle of my room, with my consciousness in the middle.  This was the greatest thing EVER that has happened to me.  Best feeling in the world... and foolish me, I tried to leave my body at this state, and I moved my physical body.

My problem lies in seperation... trance states are simple enough for me to acquire, but it's the "am I ready to leave?" that just boggles me.

Anyone with some helpful advice as to "how will I know when I'm ready to seperate?", please chime in.

25  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / paralyzed on: September 29, 2002, 15:56:25
Arms without bodies?  gosh darn I would excrement myself.

I'm laughing now though. Heh.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4