The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 21, 2017, 11:17:35

Login with username, password and session length

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Astral Chat / Welcome to News and Media! / Re: Dying Patients/Deathbed Visions on: November 02, 2016, 23:15:45
My own mother had a vision of my grandma on her last day alive.  My father was with her and said she saw her standing in the corner of the room and asked him to pull up a chair close to the bed for her, that she hadn't seen her in a long time.  He of course just thought this was crazy talk.  Wish I could have been there because I'm the only one in the family who would have absolutely believed her.  In fact, when I was told about this it affected me on a very deep level.  For most of my life I have been fascinated with stories of the afterlife but of course had my doubts from time to time.  This encounter that my mother had made it very real and concrete for me and in the days after her death I could not get it off of my mind.  I felt as though this had been my "missing puzzle piece" so to speak in my search for answers.  VERY interestingly, it was in the days and weeks after this that I began experiencing vibrations out of the blue in the middle of the night.  Kind of freaked me out but it didn't take long for me to figure out what was going on and this led to my first OBE's and AP's.  That's how I became "awake" smiley
2  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Re: Child experiencing hypnogogics while mostly awake on: January 23, 2016, 20:16:27
Thank you for the replies.  She is not on any medication.  I asked her this time whose voice is she hearing - male, female - and she thought for a second and realized it was her own voice.  Seems like she is reflecting her anxieties back onto herself in this state.  She has anxiety about falling asleep (partly due to these experiences) and probably the next thing most troubling for her would be a timed math test!  It'd be interesting to see if she can release some of this fear and think of music instead because she is very creative and musical...  I'll see if I can work with her on this  smiley

As for her visions of spiders and lights.. no doubt there some astral stuff going on there too.  She's had the falling and "buzzing" sensations to go along with those. 
3  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Out of Body Experiences! / Child experiencing hypnogogics while mostly awake on: January 20, 2016, 20:51:35
My daughter is 10 and has had occasional episodes over the last few years where she will wake up hearing voices yelling at her and of course she gets freaked out and will come to me to talk about it.  While she is talking to me she says she can still hear them and will say that while she is talking her voice sounds to her like it's "sped up" or that she will hear my voice in a distorted way.  I recognize her as being in a half-awake/ half-asleep state and it will typically take a few minutes of talking to her for it all to go away.  She also has had instances of seeing spiders and floating lights while in this state while she is still in her bed, but it's usually something auditory telling her she "can't go back to sleep" or asking her math problems  huh ( that's a new one as of last night!). 

Thank goodness I have had some of these experiences as well because I can fully believe her and validate her experiences, and I try to tell her that there's nothing to fear and that they will go away if she thinks "happy things" but trying to get that through to a child is not easy.  I guess I'm looking for some advice on how I can help her understand this and to not be afraid.  Thanks.
4  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Anyone ever obtained helpful info for someone here in the physical? on: December 13, 2014, 09:19:59
Well, to update, my presence and my input ended up being a crucial factor in how things transpired for him and I was up to the task and am so comforted knowing the right decisions were made.  smiley
5  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Anyone ever obtained helpful info for someone here in the physical? on: December 11, 2014, 20:19:19
I do not LD or AP that often but I find when I have a desire to do so it comes very naturally for me and I prefer to do so from lucid dreams.  Yesterday I had set a strong intention to LD and ask for help with my father who is in critical care at the hospital now.  He is uncomfortable at times and there's a small chance our family may need to make some decisions for him.  So once I gained awareness in my dream last night I started flying upwards and an opening appeared in the clouds and I set forth the intention to speak with someone that can help me with my dad.  Once I said that the cloud closed.  I took it as a message of "nope, sorry, can't help you with that".  And that was it. 
6  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Hypnogogics/visuals with personal meaning? on: August 10, 2014, 08:41:09
I've only had a handful of experiences to date, with most of my early ones being mainly "visuals" with no desire by me to try going OBE yet.  I've read that they should just be ignored, you shouldn't read too much into them, etc. but one I had seemed very specifically directed to me. I have a medical condition and it was the subject of this short albeit weird visual and along with it I heard a cartoonish voice that mentioned it specifically.   I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

And are hypnogogics/ visuals used interchangeably?  I thought I understood the word hypnogogics meaning things you see before you fall asleep, and visuals are what can immediately precede OBE. In my case they are always immediately after the vibrations stop.
7  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Re: Interaction with family member? on: July 15, 2014, 21:08:29
Thank you LightBeam.  That helps me to make some sense of it all.
8  Astral Chat / Welcome to Astral Chat! / Interaction with family member? on: July 03, 2014, 07:11:24
I'm fairly new to AP and don't do it often - vibrations will usually creep up on me if I'm having trouble sleeping and I just go with it.  What has me curious is that one night I was sleeping in one of my children's bedrooms and while I was there I had a RTZ experience where I was sitting on the floor in that bedroom and my oldest child (teenager) walked in and curled up on my lap and let me cuddle him for a while!  This has me wondering if he can AP too.  I have not mentioned this to him but I would just love to know if he experienced this moment too.  What an incredible source of validation it would be (and it was so sweet!).  Based on his history I am thinking he might - he had a traumatic accident a couple years back, had a couple minor surgeries, and I noticed him trying out a guided meditation once (this was before I could AP so I didn't give it much thought).  If I bring it up and he has no idea what I'm talking about he'll just end up thinking I'm more of a weirdo than he probably already thinks I am LOL.  I'm contemplating just bringing up the topic of lucid dreams since that's a bit more mainstream and see where it goes.... and we have talked about that once before.

Any one else have interactions like this with family/ friends where they verified it (sorry not much time to read books on this subject)
9  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Not sure what to make of my Experiences, Again on: March 12, 2014, 18:58:46
I've heard chimes a few times.  They are lovely grin.  I would hear them right after the vibrational state and after them I would get visions.  Around this time I was a bit focused on finding out who my guide was (still don't know or if I even have one) but I tended to think it was my guide saying "hello".  Maybe.  Who knows.
10  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Newbie first real astral experience on: March 08, 2014, 22:15:49
Thanks for the welcome and all the information in your replies.  As for the RTZ experiences, I don't know what to think of them.  I chose to "go to Hawaii" to see what would happen.  Honestly there was nothing in my experience that gave me any indication I was there, other than the fact that I was at a beach, so who knows. 

I suppose I'll eventually get used to having these experiences.  I'm intrigued but yet I'm really not an explorer at heart by any means and thanks to my Catholic school upbringing I have "issues" to contemplate about the meaning of all this.

21g, I don't really have a technique.  It just tends to happen and when I choose not to fight it and just go with it, I just wait for whatever visuals are going on in my head to take shape into something and I just get kind of pulled in sometimes.  Happy to chat.  Message me anytime.
11  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Newbie first real astral experience on: February 27, 2014, 19:42:44
Just a brief background on myself first.  Last year I started having spontaneous vibrations at night.  I figured out what they were since I've had a history of sleep paralysis over the years.  Never had any interest in OBE.  I have been taking small baby steps with this because of the fear and uncertainty of it all.  I've learned mostly from following different forums over the months and the only book I've read is Astral Dynamics (cuz the older one is free online LOL).  I usually avoid dealing with this most nights by sleeping on my stomach but then there are times when I wake up and really can't fall back asleep and then it seems unavoidable.  Mainly I've had visions and a couple instances of being out of my body but not really because I want to.  I still don't really have a desire to get out and walk around my house at night.  I don't even like to do that when I'm awake!  I have had a few lucid dreams too and feel more comfortable with those.

Anyway, last night I woke up, couldn't fall asleep, vibrations come and I decide to try to slip into a lucid dream and it worked.  The scene I ended up in seemed pretty boring so I mustered up the courage and said " I want to speak to a teacher" because I want to learn more about all this.  I phased out of that scene, got vibrations again, went through a dark earthy looking tunnel type thing, then kinda swirled around in a dream like cartoonish state for a second or two (reminded me of Disney's Fantasia) and ended in a room with a skeleton-ish thing sitting in a bed.  I just thought it was weird not scary (I'm remembering to stay calm and send love to everything  grin).  It seemed pretty unusual and it was talking but I couldn't hear it very well and I said "volume louder" (LOL) and it didn't work.  I decided to leave and decided I'd try to go to Hawaii.  Phased out, felt vibrations, next thing I arrive underwater looking at fish and thought it was so cool that I didn't have to breathe.  Then I actually was chatting with a few people on the beach for a minute or so.  I found myself very attracted to this person and decided I'd better leave before I do something stupid since I don't really know what's going on.  Phased out, vibrations, etc.  a couple more times in a couple more scenes till my husband woke me up.

I felt almost ecstatic like i had done a LOT at all once and I was also amazed that I felt rested when I woke up because my body had actually been sleeping.  Cool!!

So what was all of that?  Is WILD same as astral projection?  Is that what I was doing?  And can anyone explain why I get vibrations each time in between?  There are many more questions swirling but I'll leave it at that.

I do have to add (since I'm taking the time to post anyway) that the last time I had a lucid dream I chose to go to my favorite beach chairs in Hawaii and when the scene started focusing in I saw a green figure (ET) in the chair next to mine so I left right away and woke up.  ET- related things have popped up in my visions once or twice and I'm a bit disturbed by all of that.

Anyway I appreciate any input.  This forum is great!
12  Astral Projection & Out of Body Experiences / Welcome to Astral Projection Experiences! / Re: Confused... on: January 30, 2014, 01:58:12
I am new to this forum too and have been dealing with the same issues for about 6 months. I started getting the vibrations in the middle of the night and had to research all this to figure out what the heck was going on.
I've found that if you sleep on your stomach it will really reduce the chance of this happening (at least it works for me). 

At this point I'm very curious but even more cautious.  I think I've had less than 10 "experiences" and most of them I just follow through with the vibrations and I'll get random sometimes weird visions (2-3). I haven't yet chosen to "get out" but one time I think I was out but was just laying in my bed and my dog from my childhood came to me as I was laying there and let me pet him. 

I'm still a little freaked out by all the possibilities...  Taking baby steps. I do question my sanity at times but I know I've still got it all together! 
Pages: [1]